The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #161
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Page 3

wilwa shows up, gapes, and sleeps. Shasta is confused. Lari translates. Mira, Lari and Nienna are apparently a trio of were-librarians with Nienna as their alpha-wolf. Hamlet. Brinniel likes bandwagon lynches. Mira does not. Fea explains her silence and complains about it.
Clearly we are a trio of were-librarians...I feel an idea for a WW game coming on...

Or we were all hanously bored at work so we kept going on this. Or two of us where hanously bored, goaded on by the third and one of us actually has to post banter and nothing else. You don't know. Maybe all of us have to post only banter and nothing serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
kthnx shasta u iz my frend 4 lyfe!!!111!!!
lyke omg! cans we be bffs?!!!!111?????//??!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And by the way why is it always me (or Nogrod ) who has to start the serious discussion?
Because we like penguins and Finns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
And Rikae seems to want to bubble on bratwurst.
*dies*

Now in all seriousness I do have some thoughts: I think Fea is restricted to one line posts and she already goofed when talking about her art project. As for how many different things we have I think we have at least more than one Hunter, Ranger, and Seer. There might even be secret Lovers(I seem to remember that in a Lovers game there were secret Lovers). There might even be a good cobbler(it is possible, behavior modification everyone).

As for taking what people post...we were given instructions on how to post and how to act. They could be totally against what we would normally do. Who knows what horrors some have been given? For all you know Nienna, Mira, and I were given the task on Day 2 to start a word association game with rules as follows: every word has to start with the letter p. And those are the only rules. Am I right? I'm not saying.

I'm going to go hunt up some food and then meander over to the library to die of a paper. Which actually translates to meander over to the library and pretend to work on paper and refresh this page way to often.

Edit: x-posted with Nilp

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 03-18-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: x-posting
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #162
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

YAAAAAAY! Nilp's come back to us!

Give me an N!
Give me an I!
Give me an L!
Give me a P!
Give me an A!
Give me a U!
Give me an R!
Give me a I!
Give me an O!
Give me an N!
Give me an F!
Give me an E!
Give me an L!
Give me an A!
Give me... well, you get the idea...

EDIT: x'd with Lari.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #163
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Let's not pretend to be dummier we are. You all know these things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modduck
It is important to note that everyone in this game will have a role. These may be gifteds, modified baddies, or even tricked out ordos, but no one will receive a PM that simply says "You are an ordo. Have fun!" This game is, as the title implies, intended to be an individual mind trip for all those involved, and will require you all to think outside the box in terms of how you normally approach Werewolf.

With that in mind, you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game. Some will be fun things for you to do or contain information about Daily challenges you must complete, while others will be highly specific and may contain the moddess synopsis of your playing style/memes.
So any such claims as "X is so different this time" are basically invalid.

And everyone of us is a keeper of something special be it a role, tasks to fulfill, knowledge, goals...

Dury sure looks like she has been appointed to be our statistics-person - but there was also an interesting possible slip in her post. She speculates about the roles we have here and gives a list possibilities:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Just a few possibilities:

There is at least one cobbler, and they are probably a lover. The seer's lover. It's so sordid.
If there's a werebear, they're a lover, also of the cobbler.
There are 6 wolves, 2 werebear lovers, 2 seers, 1 Grey Wizard, 1 ranger, 1 hunter, a wolf cobbler, a werebear cobbler, and a Grey Wizard minion.
Half comprise a wolf team, the other a good team with nightly hunting powers. So basically whoever votes first wins.
Actually, half of us are wolves, the other werebears
We're all wolves, just on different teams
There are no teams, though we all have various werecreature/gifted powers, and it's every man for him/herself.
The bolded one kind of jumps up from there as an ordo (or any non-duck/wolf) would know that because of herself not being one the whole option of all being wolves is not possible. A wolf doesn't know that of course and might speculate on it...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #164
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up

Quote:

Give me an N!
Give me an I!
Give me an L!
Give me a P!
Give me an A!
Give me a U!
Give me an R!
Give me a I!
Give me an O!
Give me an N!
Give me an F!
Give me an E!
Give me an L!
Give me an A!

EDIT: x'd with Lari.
You can't even get your indefinite articles right. *tongue*

(Yeah, I missed you, too, though I don't think I'm allowed to say that . . . )

MOD-FIRE!!! MOD-FIRE!!! LET HIM BUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #165
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:

Give me an N!
Give me an I!
Give me an L!
Give me a P!
Give me an A!
Give me a U!
Give me an R!
Give me an I!
Give me an O!
Give me an N!
Give me an F!
Give me an E!
Give me an L!
Give me an A!
Nerwen's a cheerleader then.....interesting
Old 03-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #166
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
lyke omg! cans we be bffs?!!!!111?????//??!?
YES!!!!!plz!plz!!111plz1111!!!!shasta iz my bff now but liek u can be 2!!!!!!AWSUM!!!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
You can't even get your indefinite articles right. *tongue*
Yes I can! I...um... I just didn't feel like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Dury sure looks like she has been appointed to be our statistics-person - but there was also an interesting possible slip in her post. She speculates about the roles we have here and gives a list possibilities: The bolded one kind of jumps up from there as an ordo (or any non-duck/wolf) would know that because of herself not being one the whole option of all being wolves is not possible. A wolf doesn't know that of course and might speculate on it...
Hey, I think you might be on to something, Nogrod. I didn't even notice that.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #167
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril

Is rather late. Am rather sleepy.

Good night.

Oh, and for the Fortunes's sake, please, everyone, post better*.

_________
*It's either too long or too short; too mindless or too mindboggling. I mean, COME ON.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I also agree that there is more thAn one cobbler, just because Sally seems to be like that. For all we know there may be like 8 cobblers and then Sally just picks a random person to die every Night, leaving no actual were-ducks, haha, that would be evil. Or half of us are were-ducks and the other half are all lovers with a were-duck, that too would be evil. Or there is only one were-duck who gets like 4 kills a Night....so many possibilities, it's quite interesting. This will be fun...

Heh. You have no idea how much I wanted to do that. But I can assure you, that is not the case.

What, you want commentary on the other theories? Bah. Fat chance.

I'm still tired. I'm going back to sleep. Play nice, dear ones.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-18-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: fixed bolding to indicate what part of the post I was referring to
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #169
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hi all, first time I've had a chance to get on toDay but I shall read through the read over the next oh, I don't know, week given how much you've all written . Alright make it a couple of hours at least and then I'll try to return with something useful.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #170
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Suggestion: lynch all the people that are playing normally.

In other news, lol.

Now to devise some sort of interesting torture...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #171
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
All the Lommies and Nilps will look up and shout "post better!" but we'll look down and whisper "No"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
I also agree that there is more then one cobbler, just because Sally seems to be like that. For all we know there may be like 8 cobblers and then Sally just picks a random person to die every Night, leaving no actual were-ducks
You know, that would *just* be the thing that Sally would do.

However, there is only one type of villager who would come up with something like this (there are no wolves!) at this point: a cobbler!

Also, Brinn, Miri, and Nienna are obviously cobblers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
There might even be a good cobbler(it is possible, behavior modification everyone).
A good cobbler? Riiiight, cobbler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
The bolded one kind of jumps up from there as an ordo (or any non-duck/wolf) would know that because of herself not being one the whole option of all being wolves is not possible. A wolf doesn't know that of course and might speculate on it...
Keep in mind, she could be a cobbler, too. Or you are. Or both of you. Or neither! *looks around irritatedly*

Wilwa, Brinn, Miri, Nienna, Lari, Durelin, Nogrod: that's 7... there is one more cobbler out there...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #172
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
All the Lommies and Nilps will look up and shout "post better!" but we'll look down and whisper "No"!
It took me way to long to get that Watchmen reference.

Quote:
Wilwa, Brinn, Miri, Nienna, Lari, Durelin, Nogrod: that's 7... there is one more cobbler out there...
Clearly you are the eighth cobbler. Only the real cobbler would try to point out fake cobblers...for wereduck kills.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #173
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Clearly you are the eighth cobbler. Only the real cobbler would try to point out fake cobblers...for wereduck kills.
You're really throwing me into an identity crisis there.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #174
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
What is THAT? Five pages? I hope it's once again just heartless banter (well, it likely is), but whoever is going to continue in that, I am going to lynch him. Or lynch them all. For surely even one person, however insane, cannot have done this.

Back when I read the thread
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #175
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
For surely even one person, however insane, cannot have done this.
Unless she's the mod.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #176
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
*is late for school but wishes to post something of relevance*

Mira likes hockey.
If that's your definition of relevance, dear, you have some serious thinking to do.

Just for the record, I do plan on posting something of actual relevance later today, but for now I must go register for those pesky classes so I can get me one of the confounded edumacations. Back later!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #177
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Lari, that's an interesting idea. What would a good cobbler do, I wonder?

Nog may have a point about the slip. I had the same thought myself when I read Dury's post.

Then again, Nog is a bit quick on the draw there.... the caitiff werebear!

Nilp is a bit shady, and I'm considering Nilp'ing him - that is to say, voting myself, Life-of-Brian-suicide-squad style. That'll show 'em!

More later.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #178
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
And back - that took a lot less time than I'd thought . . .

Well first off I think we need to lynch phantom. Just how many times is he going to get away with being killed and then just being able to pop back up on the thread? For all we know it’ll turn out he wins if everyone ignores him for the rest of the game and then he murders us all.

Really the whole of first page just banter.
As is the second.
More on the third.
End of the banter as Durelin pops us and does the one thing that will make her look suspicious – actually thinks about the game. Perhaps she has been given the task of analysing everything, perhaps she is just bored of reading nothing but either way it was going to stand out.
No I was wrong, more banter, though there does seem to be more useful stuff from now on.
Lommy is the second person to try and make sense – some suspicion of Mira and Nerwen. Thinks Durelin and Izzy seem innocent. And then there was a crosspost –was it Mira she was saying was a Cobbler?
Wilwa sees Durelin, Lommy and Rikae as the most logical, but logical doesn’t equal innocent. Thinks one of Mira, Lari, Brinn and Nienna are likely to be evil due to the chattering.
Lari – some interesting thoughts there.
Nog – interesting thought about Durelin but I think she was just listing everything.
Mac is listing Cobblers.

As much fun as this game is I can sense we might have some problems with figuring out anything very helpful! It seems that people are focusing on that little group of chatterers which might be a good idea. One of them more than likely has been told to be noisy but I doubt all of them would have been given the same instruction.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #179
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
You call me a cobbler but still go with my 8 cobbler theory, haha....I think we're all totally mixed up.

Anyways, I only have about 3.5 more hours before I need to go to work, then when I come back I'll only have 1 hour to vote and such before I need to sleep. So I want this to get a bit more exciting please.

Once there's been an entire Day and Night phase we should have more to go on. But for now what we should be able to establish is:
  • There are atleast 3 were-ducks, with a game this size it makes no sense to have less, not fair odds, could maybe be more though
  • I think we can assume there is a seer, though Sally probably messed around with the role, I don't think I've seen too many games that have taken out this role
  • There is probably a hunter or ranger, if not both at least one, and they too are probably decked out with some crazy extra ability, though I'm sure there's a chance they were left out completely
  • There is atleast 1 cobbler, but I think we've all suggested that there is probably more then 1, just cause it's a crazy role that is known to cause problems and, well, it's Sally
  • Lovers, probably, and it probably isn't a normal pairing

So besides that I don't think there's much more we can establish, correct me of course if you disagree. Wouldn't surprise me if there are made up roles, but we shouldn't sit around trying to guess them. And if there's like a were-goose or something we won't know until there's been a Night phase and we see how many deaths there are.

So ya, I wouldn't suggest we dwell on this too much though, it being Day 1 we don't have a lot to go on. I saw we just kinda go with the flow, see what our Moddess throws at us and just have fun with it!

woah, x'posted since Maca's first one after my last one
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #180
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Lari, that's an interesting idea. What would a good cobbler do, I wonder?
I was thinking something along the lines of being a tricked out ordo. Like getting three votes worth of power because they are trying to help the good side win actively and such. That would be my only guess. I just thought of it as an interesting idea and I'm clearly not intelligent enough to come up with what one would actually do.

Ok really back to my paper...almost on page 8 and have fixed all my citations. Ha! Totally working on it and not way to actively refreshing this page!

Edit: x-posted with Kath and Wilwa.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 03-18-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: x-posted
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #181
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
So I want this to get a bit more exciting please.
That's what she said.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #182
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I'd be inclined to think that at least one of the chatters is evil. Why? Because I can't believe that of half a dozen innocent souls no one would try to say anything sensible in three pages of posting. Seriously. I know bantering is a lot of fun and innocents can get caught up in it just as well as baddies, but one could imagine that if all these people are innocent, the odds that someone would start talking seriously are so high that this situation should not exist. Ergo, we have at least one duck here. If I had to bet, I'd say it's Mira. Just a gut feeling.
Quite. I think it makes sense that at least one of the people is a wolf. It would be easier to determine if everybody were not saying nonsense all the time.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #183
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fish.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #184
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, it looks to me as if Fea and Phantom (in spite of his pining for the fjords) have posting requirements; Durelin was ordered to spam us with statistics, Lommy was told to act like Nogrod, Nerwen to revisit her fangirl role, and Mac to act like me.
I agree with this one also.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #185
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Suggestion: lynch all the people that are playing normally.
Good idea.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #186
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I also agree that there is more then one cobbler, just because Sally seems to be like that.
I don't think it's necessarily so. People are just designed to make mess...

See, the only think that worries me is that it will be darn hard to discover anything sensible in this mess. Like I said already.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #187
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
  • There are atleast 3 were-ducks, with a game this size it makes no sense to have less, not fair odds, could maybe be more though
  • I think we can assume there is a seer, though Sally probably messed around with the role, I don't think I've seen too many games that have taken out this role
  • There is probably a hunter or ranger, if not both at least one, and they too are probably decked out with some crazy extra ability, though I'm sure there's a chance they were left out completely
  • There is atleast 1 cobbler, but I think we've all suggested that there is probably more then 1, just cause it's a crazy role that is known to cause problems and, well, it's Sally
  • Lovers, probably, and it probably isn't a normal pairing
Wasn't there said that the Wereducks are precisely three? At least I thought so.
Likewise with the others. I think there was supposed to be a hunter&ranger as well as a Seer. With the others, I agree. (Only see my above post about Cobblers.)
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #188
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Here's what is on the admin thread about the roles:

Quote:
X Were-ducks (yes, ducks, although really it's just that way for narration purposes)
Modified Seer
Modified Ranger
Modified Cobbler
Possible Modified Werebear
Possible Hunter
Lovers (possibly multiples pairs)
Other secret roles
Note that our lovely modduckess left it open for just about anything...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #189
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Wasn't there said that the Wereducks are precisely three? At least I thought so.
Likewise with the others. I think there was supposed to be a hunter&ranger as well as a Seer. With the others, I agree. (Only see my above post about Cobblers.)
from admin thread:

X Were-ducks
Modified Seer
Modified Ranger
Modified Cobbler
Possible Modified Werebear
Possible Hunter
Lovers (possibly multiples pairs)
Other secret roles

So I guess we're guaranteed a Seer and Ranger, and maybe a Hunter. We won't know whether there is a bear until ToMorrow, and plus all the numbers of each are unsure. Interesting...

x'posted with Durelin...well there you have it
Old 03-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #190
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Well, it seems Nogrod is just Nogrod, though we have yet to see if he must be a 'quiet' Nogrod. I thought that would spark at least some amusement if not a theory or two.

Our moddess has the most posts now on the thread I believe...

Here we go.

Evil and Trying So Hard:

Nogrod
wilwa
Izzy

Evil and Not Trying at All/Amused:

Lari
Mira
Mac

Evil and Uninterested:

Brinniel
Nienna

Innocent and Trying So Hard:

Lommy
Legate
Kath

Innocent and Amused:

Rikae
Nerwen

Innocent and Uninterested:

Gwath
Shasta
Fea

Nilpish + a dash of Nogrod:

Nilp

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

And sorry Wilwa, hehe!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #191
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, so I see. And I presume the Hunter&co who were "possible" ARE indeed there (that means also the Werebear), because there's quite lot of us. I don't think there will be any too significant "other" roles, except for some Cobbler-like folks or Nerwen-fangirls etc. Certainly not any other Were-spirit-bear-immortal-whatever.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #192
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Ah, well, I missed Mith because she has not posted yet.

Well there's certainly a lot more of interest on this page. I knew I could count on you Europeans!

Quote:
There are atleast 3 were-ducks, with a game this size it makes no sense to have less, not fair odds, could maybe be more though
I think we can assume there is a seer, though Sally probably messed around with the role, I don't think I've seen too many games that have taken out this role
There is probably a hunter or ranger, if not both at least one, and they too are probably decked out with some crazy extra ability, though I'm sure there's a chance they were left out completely
There is atleast 1 cobbler, but I think we've all suggested that there is probably more then 1, just cause it's a crazy role that is known to cause problems and, well, it's Sally
Lovers, probably, and it probably isn't a normal pairing
This is definitely good to keep in mind - I think it's a good general assumption, though after tonight we might need to add in a werebear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
I was thinking something along the lines of being a tricked out ordo.
That is an interesting idea, though I don't think we should dwell on all the possibilities. If we have some tricked out anythings (ordos, seers, rangers, etc.), we should let them do their work and hope it helps us. Or just let them have their fun and let all be revealed most dramatically at the end of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
It seems that people are focusing on that little group of chatterers which might be a good idea.
Really I don't think that's such a good idea. Wolves can easily keep their mouths shut if they're worried about drawing too much attention. Now, has it so far been easy to just kinda mingle and be forgotten? Yes. It's Day 1, we're at full numbers, and even the dead are filling up the thread.

I love how the most thinking we've done and conclusions we've come to is regarding who has what posting assignments/restrictions.

Btw, I think we have a grumpy Nilp on our hands. He might well vote for someone other than himself.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #193
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Just a quick question though I know we should move on from discussing the roles...

So, lovers. If one dies, the other dies. In the past I believe they were usually between a werecreature and a non-werecreature, but is that actually usually the case? And if so, then is the werecreatures lover essentially akin to a cobbler even if they are not specifically the 'cobbler'?

Unfortunately I have to run. Sorry to leave everyone with that, basically adding to the confusion, but I don't remember the last time I played in a game involving lovers.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #194
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
I knew I could count on you Europeans!
Well, I'm actually Canadian, but oh well, I don't mind be included among you.

x'posted with Durelin

Well, it could be that it is a were-duck and ord coupling but the ord in the relationship doesn't know that her lover is evilness. That way she would be innocent but technically would be helping to keep a were-duck from being lynched, so like a cobbler by proxy. That's one possibility. Or, two ducks could be lovers, be able to PM at all times, and if we lynch one then the other goes down too. Or just two goodies, like a gifted and an ord, or two gifteds or two ords. There's lots of combinations.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 03-18-2009 at 12:16 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #195
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am sorry I haven't posted before. This is because having not actually agreed definitively to participate in this game I have been being following Voltaire's advice in the pleasantly suprising springlike weather my part of the world has been experiencing and havent' been on line for three days.

However after the last game, it seems my will is irrelevant to my participation so in this- is this what they call a meta-existence? I may as well try and work out what on earth is going on.... *sighs*

Exixtence - without him, what is the point?

Phantom? Whyfor did you go and leave me?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #196
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Durelin's reply to Nogrod's point strikes me as fishy (Nogrod is just Nogrod... eh?).

I'm a bit queasy about the recent lovers discussion. There might be the possibility of "blind lovers", who have to guess their partner's identity. Same with the cobbler discussion before. I can see secret messages flying left and right.

Last edited by Macalaure; 03-18-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: changed a word I figured out doesn't exist. :o
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #197
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
So, lovers. If one dies, the other dies. In the past I believe they were usually between a werecreature and a non-werecreature, but is that actually usually the case? And if so, then is the werecreatures lover essentially akin to a cobbler even if they are not specifically the 'cobbler'?
If so, essentially, yes. However, I think it may not be the case, like you say - we can surely have other lovers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I'm a bit queasy about the recent lovers discussion. There might be the possibility of "blind lovers", who have to guess their partner's identity. Same with the cobbler discussion before. I can see secret messages flying left and right.
I can see you flying left and right here, so watching you. (And also accusing people who are discussing, completely legitimely - I hope - that.) But the idea of "blind lovers" is also not as impossible, even though in this setting it would be quite hard role to play.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #198
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I can see you flying left and right here, so watching you.
What else is not new.

Quote:
(And also accusing people who are discussing, completely legitimely - I hope - that.)
Well, this game is sort of slowed down. The banter phase took three pages, and now we're in the rules-and-roles discussion of questionable value. It's legitimate for sure, but your immediate and strong defense, well...

Quote:
But the idea of "blind lovers" is also not as impossible, even though in this setting it would be quite hard role to play.
Now this is most peculiar. The most straightforward way to identify your lover, and have your lover identify you, is to talk about the lover role in general. I raise a point against it, and you give a half-hearted "it's not impossible" along with "it would be really hard to play". You see right above there how easy it can be played, possibly, so the first part of that statement is fishy and the second false.

Does this make you guilty? No. You might be a lover, but the problem is: there's no telling of what sort, and blindly lynching lovers is the path to defeat. I'm watching you, too, though.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #199
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Badger.

Or, alternatively, mushroom.

Or even snake.

I'll be back after the heavy lifting.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #200
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
though we have yet to see if he must be a 'quiet' Nogrod. I thought that would spark at least some amusement if not a theory or two.
It's so sad to disappoint people but my orders / guidelines didn't mention anything about posting a lot or a little. I've just had a terrible 11-hour working-day. So I may be making a few posts in the near future after I stick myself to this.

Just a meta-comment before I start looking backwards a bit more closely. Even if it is legitimate, I don't see there being a host of reasons to discuss the possible roles there are on Day1 too extensively in a game where everyone has a role of sorts and not all roles are even known.

But if you have nothing else to go for let's then rather discuss the guidelines / orders different people may have. It looks like a good guess that Dury needs to produce tallies or statistics - and that Fea has been told not to banter (that would explain why she complained her assignment being so hard: her friends having fun-banter to no end and she was not allowed to join it!). But not all guidelines concern themselves with the "playing-style" of the player. Well, mine doesn't. I have been told of different kind of requirements.

I'm not sure if we should talk openly about our own guidelines / orders as I feel it would be a bit against the spirit of the game at least this early (and surely anyone can claim anything) - but we should be able to speculate over that of other players as it might help us in making up our minds when voting - that we don't vote for people for reasons that have to do more with the ModDuck's orders than the lynchee's possible role. What I mean is "let's lynch Fea because she doesn't banter in this game" would be a bad reason to lynch her in this game - at least before something more enlightening comes to the fore. Which doesn't say we shouldn't lynch her in principle...

Having better grasp on these guidelines / orders everyone has to obey we could in the best case avoid some stupid lynches.

Btw. I find Rikae's comment here interesting if not even a bit troubling:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I feel a bit left out, since I don't have any special posting requirements.
Compare it with this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModDuck
you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game.
Hmm...

Okay. Back to the thread now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote