The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #201
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Alrighty, well I have to go to work now, I'll be back in about 6 hours.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #202
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Over hill, over dale,
Thorough bush, thorough briar,
Over park, over pale,
Thorough flood, thorough fire,
I do wander everywhere

and my brain hurts from all of the 'meta' role discussion that's going on. It seems to me like all the posting that has been happening toDay might make a lot more sense in the future. This is my first actual game but i've watched and lived vicariously through my roommates in WW for like ever so i do have a little experience and Day one posts never really seem to make sense and especially in this game because no one really knows anything. There wasn't even a Night phase so we can assume the seer is equally uninformed.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #203
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm going to post before I have to refresh again and see a new page. xD

I think Nerwen is definitely a cheerleader for her task, as someone else mentioned.

Yes, to what use would working out whom has a posting requirement?

It could help distinguish the ones who actually have them, and the ones who are trying to look like they have one. I'm not sure how it works here with posting requirements - as in what the normal is. But elsewhere I've played, I don't think I ever saw a baddie with a posting requirement. I think for the most part, because they always draw quick attention, and you can even get lynched depending on the level of annoying-ness.

If we lynch the people whom are acting normal, well who would that be? That would be a pool of one or two, me thinks. Better to lynch the youtube affiliates I would say.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #204
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Soooo question...

I've never played or watched a game with lovers. How does it work? Do they know who the other is or do they have to figure it out? Someone said something earlier about if one dies the other goes with xem... Or does it all depend on the individual game?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #205
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nog why is it troubling about Rikae's mention of no posting requirement? It doesn't say everyone will have one. Just that everyone will have a role. Role and requirement of posting, are not the same.

I think Shasta is not able to say anything relevant to the game.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #206
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I would assume Sally gave the posting requirements out pretty randomly, and I doubt Izzy's assumption that they wouldn't be given to baddies is right. After all, in this game it's expected that people will act strangely.

Good call, Nog, on Fea not being allowed to banter - that fits.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #207
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
But elsewhere I've played, I don't think I ever saw a baddie with a posting requirement. I think for the most part, because they always draw quick attention, and you can even get lynched depending on the level of annoying-ness.
But don't forget that not all posting requirements are such by nature that they can be executed at any time - or that they should be executed all the time.

Quote:
Yes, to what use would working out whom has a posting requirement?
It could help distinguish the ones who actually have them, and the ones who are trying to look like they have one.
I think Sally said it quite clearly that everyone will have some posting requirements. It is, I think, the whole clue to this game that we need to play something that is forced on us - whatever it is.

Looking at your confusion about this issue (thinking that some have requirements and others don't) just increases my slight suspicions on Rikae... and possibly you as well. Though to your credit it must be said you did not claim you had no requirements on your posting so you were not lying about it like Rikae did.

So the problem with Rikae is that she lied - and I can't see a reason a good gifted should have felt a need to make such a lie at that point in the game. Or then Sally has failed to give her the requirements she gave everyone else.

But if that "giving requirements" -stuff was the whole point of the game, I dare to doubt that possibility.

EDIT: X'd with Izzy, Rikae and Mira
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #208
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Page 1 - Nothing.

Page 2 - Nothing.

Page 3 - A couple of people mention their "assignments". I didn't get one. Woe is me.

Page 4 - Rise of the Durelin!

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
kthnx shasta u iz my frend 4 lyfe!!!111!!!
Translates to:

Quote:
Okay, thanks, Shasta! You're my friend for life!
Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Really, does Phantom ever do a good job the first time?
...That's what she said. I know Durelin said it already but I wanted to reiterate.

Durelin is quite logical, what with all those lists...

Nerwen's posting requirement could be smileys.

Fea's could be one-liners?

Page 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
lyke omg! cans we be bffs?!!!!111?????//??!?
Sigh, another client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Like, oh my goodness! Can we be best friends forever?
Lari also speculates some on roles.

Quote:
YES!!!!!plz!plz!!111plz1111!!!!shasta iz my bff now but liek u can be 2!!!!!!AWSUM!!!111
translates to:

Quote:
Yes! Please, please! Shasta is my best friend forever now, but, like, you can be too! Awesome!
Wilwa looks good to me.

So does Mira.

And Legate (wait, what?)

Hey, here's something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne
Fish.
And then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Durelin's reply to Nogrod's point strikes me as fishy
(bolding mine)

Mac's posting requirement could be to use a specific word posted by the moddess at some point during the day? I don't know, the word "fishy" just stuck out to me so soon after Mnemo posted for no reason. And it was Mac's first post after she posted.

Page 6 (so far)

Funny, Izzy. :P

Also, I'm getting a strange vibe from Nogrod. Why are you so insistent that Rikae lied about having a posting requirement? You yourself said you didn't have one. I can say with surety that I don't have one. Yet you seem to be starting to put suspicion on Rikae for something you yourself said, and I don't like that.

*watches Nogrod*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #209
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Nog why is it troubling about Rikae's mention of no posting requirement? It doesn't say everyone will have one. Just that everyone will have a role. Role and requirement of posting, are not the same.
I think I'm quoting this same thing for the hundreth time but let me quote it more fully now and bold / underline some parts for you to take notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModDuck
It is important to note that everyone in this game will have a role. These may be gifteds, modified baddies, or even tricked out ordos, but no one will receive a PM that simply says "You are an ordo. Have fun!" This game is, as the title implies, intended to be an individual mind trip for all those involved, and will require you all to think outside the box in terms of how you normally approach Werewolf.

With that in mind, you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game. Some will be fun things for you to do or contain information about Daily challenges you must complete, while others will be highly specific and may contain the moddess synopsis of your playing style/memes. (In advance, no offense is meant to anyone, except of course Phantom and Mith. All of you are fine people and fine players, but since I want to create utter havoc with your brains I first have to identify and disassemble the way you behave now in order to have my fun.
I think that is quite plain talking?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #210
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I anm still slogging through the posts having had various technical issues but just on past experience, I don't know how significant a Rikae lie is... she is someone who likes to mix things up to get a reaction ..in someways a lie for her might be honest... since she might be more careful as a wrong-un ..unless of course self sacrifice is her mission. Anyway .. I suppse I should actually read her posts before commenting ..though that is liable to prejudice one so.. and is so much effort... though I see The Phantom has posted... a brief glimmer of light in my darkness...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #211
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, Nogrod, before you go flatly stating that I "lied", I suggest you go reread what Sally said. It only implies that everyone will have a role, not that they will be required to post something.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #212
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But not all guidelines concern themselves with the "playing-style" of the player. Well, mine doesn't. I have been told of different kind of requirements.
Which is perhaps precisely what Rikae meant herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
If we lynch the people whom are acting normal, well who would that be?
As if Mnemo is here to give us good advice anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
There wasn't even a Night phase so we can assume the seer is equally uninformed.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten there was no Night. So absolutely everyone's come in blind, though I assume the wolves at least were told who their companions were as part of the role assignment. Though that would make this quite a Day if there were not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Durelin's reply to Nogrod's point strikes me as fishy (Nogrod is just Nogrod... eh?).
That particular comment was responding to his posting style in general. The rest was about his comment on my damning 'possibility'. That was not at all clear, I know, I know.

(Edit: Crossed with quite a few)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #213
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nog, what you quote from the admin thread pretty clearly says "roles and/or requirement".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Mac's posting requirement could be to use a specific word posted by the moddess at some point during the day? I don't know, the word "fishy" just stuck out to me so soon after Mnemo posted for no reason. And it was Mac's first post after she posted.
Fish blow bubbles?

Last edited by Macalaure; 03-18-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: crossed since Shasta
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #214
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Feanor of the Peredhil - I'll be sad if she can't banter. Fea-banter makes the game for me.
Brinniel - I always think she's innocent. *slaps self* Gotta stop doing that...
wilwarin538 - Looks pretty innocent to me.
Shastanis Althreduin - Obviously a Werebear/Werewolf/Wereduck/Werehotairballoon. LYNCH!
Mirandir - Very floaty, our Mira. But if she's evil, she's suicidal. I feel good about her.
Durelin - Speaks sense. I think she's innocent.
Nogrod - Will probably get my vote today. See above post.
Isabellkya - No read.
Nerwen - Berry berry bouncy. But she could be a bouncy wolf. Otherwise, no read.
Rikae - I think she's innocent. But then again, much like Brinn, I always think she's innocent. *sigh*
Mith - Grey Queen Mith! otherwise no read.
Kath - No real read, other than she's on the "serious" side of the fence and strikes me as innocent for being there.
Lari - Chattery. Wolfish? Maybe. No read.
Mac - I always think Mac's evil, but, no read.
Nienna - I'll give her a day.
Gwathagor - No read.
Thinlómien - Serious side of the fence. Otherwise, no read.
Legate of Amon Lanc - Leaning innocent.
Nilpaurion Felagund - ...it's freaking Nilp.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 03-18-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: X'd with Dury and Mac.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #215
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddess
you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game. Some will be fun things for you to do or contain information about Daily challenges you must complete, while others will be highly specific and may contain the moddess synopsis of your playing style/memes
Bolding and italics mine.

But hey, why don't we lynch Shasta, he's lying too, right Nogrod?

EDIT: Ooops, the whole thing is in italics when I post it and I can't figure out why. I had "or" in italics.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #216
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shasta - has to translate Nerwen's sayings
Nogrod - has to twist other people's words

Seriously, this game drives me crazy.

edit: xed with Rikae
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #217
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?
YEs, have you never read Cowper (or indeed "To the lighthouse")?

"we drowned each alone, but I beneath a rougher sea was whelmed in deeper gulphs than he"

I find that ratehr a ppropriate for a ww game. And return to see if anyone has posted anything vaguely useful...

Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #218
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Bolding and italics mine.

But hey, why don't we lynch Shasta, he's lying too, right Nogrod?
Gee, thanks...

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 03-18-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: X'd with Lommy and Mith.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #219
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
*watches movie*

Haven't had bratwurst in weeks. Can't wait until lent is over!

Rikae darling, in the tradition I was raised in, this Sunday is "Refreshment Sunday (aka Mothering Sunday), it is officially a day off from Lent so I shall be seizing the chance to un-give up alcohol for the day and am already debating the various merits of G&T, wine, beer and Pimms.....

Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #220
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
YEs, have you never read Cowper (or indeed "To the lighthouse")?

"we drowned each alone, but I beneath a rougher sea was whelmed in deeper gulphs than he"

I find that ratehr a ppropriate for a ww game. And return to see if anyone has posted anything vaguely useful...
I've always thought drowning was the worst way to die. I see nothing romantic about throwing yourself/falling into a river and drowning for love, no matter what all those historic fiction writers say.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #221
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
It seems that people are focusing on that little group of chatterers which might be a good idea.
Actually, I'm not quite sure. I mean, we shouldn't merely concentrate on such a small group of people, surely.

Could people please stop posting IC and making stupid jokes? This game is difficult enough to follow even without that...

Sorry to be a bit grumpy, but I don't like being this confused. I will try to find some suspicious behaviour next...

edit: xed with Mith and Shasta
Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #222
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I read it. I understood, and understand what it says.
Are you sure you read it clearly, Nog?

It was a valid assumption based on your postings up until then Shasta,

X'd with Shasta and Lommie
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #223
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
I see nothing romantic about throwing yourself/falling into a river and drowning for love, no matter what all those historic fiction writers say.
*sigh*
That's what she said.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #224
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I would definitely rather be drownded than burned. If you people feel like giving me the choice.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy, Izzy, Phantom

Last edited by Rikae; 03-18-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #225
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I would definitely rather be drownded than burned. If you people feel like giving me the choice.

Oh... well, maybe you're right. In retrospect, maybe drowning's not the worst.

*ponders*
Old 03-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #226
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No death is always preferable to any death.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #227
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Aieee really this game drives me so mad I'm tempted to vote myself.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #228
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I've always thought drowning was the worst way to die. I see nothing romantic about throwing yourself/falling into a river and drowning for love, no matter what all those historic fiction writers say.
It is meant to be relatively pleasant though how would they knwo.. but dying for love is a ridiculous way to behave... so is living for it

Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #229
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Actually, I think Nogrod is right. I lied about a lack of posting requirements. After all, having posting requirements when people think you don't means that they will assume your odd behavior is cobblery and... er... lynch you... which is just what I want. And what Shasta wants, too, which is why he said he didn't have them either. And Nogrod too (originally typed "Nogod" ). I also only get mad to manipulate people, because I'm unsporting like that.

Actually, it's just what I *would* want, if I was a cobbler; but if I was a cobbler, you wouldn't want to lynch me. All in all, Nogrod seems a little overeager to accuse; experienced as he is, he ought to know better (and that goes for his earlier words about the "slip" so and so made, as well - since several people said things like "maybe we're all wolves/cobblers/ordos" at that point, it was clearly not meant seriously.)

Well, enough ranting.
*shuts up*
Old 03-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #230
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ooh, not to mention, were I trying to get lynched, I could come up with crazy antics that would do the trick without any help from the moddess.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #231
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nog-cobbler?

I don't think he seems very sinister, just like he's trying to stir things up. Perhaps specifically against Rikae for a reason?

Rikae seems quite normal. Fairly belligerent.

I am agreeing a lot with Shasta and Lommy.

Nogrod and Mac seem like they're trying (Nogrod seems to be trying quite hard) to do some poking at people.

Kath and Izzy seem to be trying very hard to do some traditional suspecting.

Basically some people seem to be trying a little too hard to do...something. That could have to do with their assignments, but it also could still have to do with their roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modduckess
With that in mind, you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game. Some will be fun things for you to do or contain information about Daily challenges you must complete, while others will be highly specific and may contain the moddess synopsis of your playing style/memes. (In advance, no offense is meant to anyone, except of course Phantom and Mith. All of you are fine people and fine players, but since I want to create utter havoc with your brains I first have to identify and disassemble the way you behave now in order to have my fun.
For some reason I've been thinking that we will receive various assignments or obligations throughout there game, but there is nothing that says that. Darn, lol. I wonder how many of us will keep up with our assignment throughout the entire game...I don't know if this is a bad game to get lynched/killed on day/night 2 or 3...

(Edit: Crossed with Rikaex2
Old 03-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #232
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Haha. Here we go again!

Quote:
Also, I'm getting a strange vibe from Nogrod. Why are you so insistent that Rikae lied about having a posting requirement? You yourself said you didn't have one.
No I didn't. Read the thread. I said I had a different obligation to fulfill than "be loud", "be silent", "make lists", "do not banter"...

Interestingly enough Dury comes to speculate on that very issue immediately, even lending the part of my post you should have read Shasta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Quote:
But not all guidelines concern themselves with the "playing-style" of the player. Well, mine doesn't. I have been told of different kind of requirements.
Which is perhaps precisely what Rikae meant herself.
Now this is interesting in itself as well. I know people may talk on behalf of others but this looks a bit fishy, like a rush to defend someone indeed. Somehow the wording of it makes me suspect it even more; perhaps precisely? Now if you just shoot in the dark not knowing what's going on you don't use a word like "precisely" for someone else's intentions...

Also Dury says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Durelin's reply to Nogrod's point strikes me as fishy (Nogrod is just Nogrod... eh?).
That particular comment was responding to his posting style in general. The rest was about his comment on my damning 'possibility'. That was not at all clear, I know, I know.
You have really fine antennas to respond to someone's posting style when that person had only done one short post to comment on in the first place. And from that one post you were able to say that I'm trying too hard and am bad... But you said there also that I am my normal self (Nogrod is just Nogrod) and we all know that was a bit different post from me if you compare it with these latter ones I've done after it (I was in a hurry and was only able to make the one point back then). So it wasn't too earnest, was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Nog, what you quote from the admin thread pretty clearly says "roles and/or requirement".
I indeed saw it as I was copy-pasting it this time - and had to think for a moment whether I was mistaken and should just pull back all I had said on the issue. But if you look at that quote more closely you should see that Sally clearly meant there was to be requirements for all to do things they wouldn't usually do (I bolded a host of parts from that quote to make that interpretation clearer). Look and see for yourselves.

I think this - added to the other things in her post - is the most important one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
will require you all to think outside the box in terms of how you normally approach Werewolf
Okay. Why do I always have to be a goodie in a game that has dozens of cobblers in it?

Gah, too many things going on... Back soon with further thoughts - after a cigarette to cool my brain.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #233
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I may have to break the be nice to newbies convention and vote Nienna. Despite her fondness for my Uncle Bill she is quite the most irritating Vala I have encountered in a WW game.

consider me officially off my trolley. Alternatively I could beg you all to lynch me and free me from this madness to rejoin the greyness, but that would be selfish.. I must meet my doom ....

I need to go soon and won't be back pre deadline.

I won't be voting for Dury, Lommie, or Mac because they are not making referencees to things I don't understand. I have never seen the Princess Bride. or whatever ...

Nilp is also exempt for being his delightful self (biased Mummie).

Rikae is interesting.

I am quite enjoying the Shasta / Nerwen double act but that just meand they are amusing. They could be feathered.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #234
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nogrod always goes after me, and for strange reasons like that. Always. Every single game. This time, though, I think there may be more behind it than the usual habit - because of the way he does the same for several people at once. He seems a bit desperate to control the suspicions in this game.

Well, anyway -

I want to spend the evening with Bubbles, and, later, some work I've been putting off, so I'm going to call it a night. Lynch me if you like, I don't mind, but please don't go accusing me of being unsporting. '

++Nogrod
Old 03-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #235
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
You have really fine antennas to respond to someone's posting style when that person had only done one short post to comment on in the first place.
Well, with Fea not talking and Nerwen being a fangirl/cheerleader and Brinniel just posting one-liners, I was wondering if we'd see something quite interesting out of you, and was rather looking forward to it.

Quote:
And from that one post you were able to say that I'm trying too hard and am bad...
Eh, the bad part was a hunch. Or maybe just a guess. Had to put you on the list somewhere.

Quote:
But you said there also that I am my normal self (Nogrod is just Nogrod)
Yes. Trying very hard to get people to take the game more seriously.

Quote:
and we all know that was a bit different post from me if you compare it with these latter ones I've done after it (I was in a hurry and was only able to make the one point back then). So it wasn't too earnest, was it?
Yes, you are posting differently now. You're still trying too hard, but in a different way.

Quote:
Now this is interesting in itself as well. I know people may talk on behalf of others but this looks a bit fishy, like a rush to defend someone indeed. Somehow the wording of it makes me suspect it even more; perhaps precisely? Now if you just shoot in the dark not knowing what's going on you don't use a word like "precisely" for someone else's intentions...
Yes, trying too hard is now a fair accusation.

(Edit: Crossed with Mith and Rikae...ooh, our first vote!)
Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #236
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Aieee really this game drives me so mad I'm tempted to vote myself.
I hope that's not your objection.

Anyway... I mean WHAT-IS-GOING-ON-HERE. It is clear that amidst ranting people, it will be really hard to come up with something... normal.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #237
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
There are some people for who I could justify a vote for, but I don't feel extremely comfortable with either. I think I'll vote for someone who only bantered so far. It's Nienna's first game and Miri told us she will post something worthwhile later, so they're off the hook. Unless I'm forgetting someone, this leaves Brinn and Gwath. My gut says...

++Gwathagor

Other comments:

I'm a bit worried about how easily Mith took over Nogrod's "lie" thing about Rikae.

Sally's requirement for Lommy was to go insane.
Was Legate's requirement to complain all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Perhaps specifically against Rikae for a reason?
You mean "Lynch Rikae or 24 players of your choice"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Nogrod and Mac seem like they're trying to do some poking at people.
Only Day1 tactic that makes moderate sense, in my opinion.

Quote:
I indeed saw it as I was copy-pasting it this time - and had to think for a moment whether I was mistaken and should just pull back all I had said on the issue. But if you look at that quote more closely you should see that Sally clearly meant there was to be requirements for all to do things they wouldn't usually do (I bolded a host of parts from that quote to make that interpretation clearer). Look and see for yourselves.
You mean Sally was inconsistent? Shocker!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

First of all. Compare this page with the three (four) first ones.

And this time those posting on the first four can not say they made this discussion possible as they didn't (except a few individual posts that stood out from there miles away).

And just as this is getting interesting some people wish to start talking about preferable ways of dying... distracting a process of inquiry, suspicion, answers, forced bluffs - what this game is all about!

And what is this then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae on me
He seems a bit desperate to control the suspicions in this game.
Hah. Show me someone else who has suspected anyone with any grounds so far (not including the reactions how some have started suspecting me because of what I have said - and which Shasta's promise and your vote just underline)! One doesn't need to try and control something one is the only one doing...

So it looks like I started my post on a relevant topic then. Go back to the game of the first four pages if you wish. Your choice.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #239
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
First of all. Compare this page with the three (four) first ones.
And this time those posting on the first four can not say they made this discussion possible as they didn't (except a few individual posts that stood out from there miles away).
Actually, I think they did provoke discussion. At least i started suspecting them and still do.

My problem with this game is that I really can't concentrate on people because it's all so messy.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #240
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post

I'm a bit worried about how easily Mith took over Nogrod's "lie" thing about Rikae.
Why are you worried that I pointed out that her lying (if she lied which seems moot) wasn't necessarily an indication of werebeastiality?

That does seem odd...