The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #281
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
SO. I was making a vote count, but then Durie beat me to it. Grr. Commence work on analysis...NOW.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #282
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow. Hi Nilp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
--Mithalwen
Does that count as one of his two retractions for the game?

(Edit: Crossed with a perhaps not quite as grumpy as Nilp but still grumpy Mira. Oh, and Brinn, too.)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #283
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I am now prepared to be a little more involved.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #284
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Lynch Gwath toDay and I'll modfire the lot of you.
Ha ha. What now, village?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #285
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
I'll be here tomorrow, though now I wish I weren't.
LYNCH ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Wow. Hi Nilp.

Quote:
--Mithalwen
Does that count as one of his two retractions for the game?
Hi Dury . . . Dure . . . Dûrin?

Yes.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #286
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Ha ha. What now, village?
Lynch you toMorrow?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #287
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
LYNCH ME.
Ha. My guess is that Nilp isn't allowed to self-vote.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #288
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I don't really have a lot of time so here is just a plain list:
Guilty:
Shasta
Wilwa
Dury
Izzy
Nerwen
Rikae
Lommy
Kath
Nienna

Not Guilty:
Fea
Brinn
Mira
Nog
Mith
Legate
Gwath
Bubbles
Nilp

Therefore I am voting

++Durelin
Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #289
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Dury. Your nice words make me doubt this decision, but as I know you're an intelligent person, I can also see your way of talking very nicely to me after I suspected you from a slip in the first place - and not giving that suspicion up - could have produced just that careful "being nice"-thing.

And I really like to play with you. But this kind of settled it for me from choosing between you, Rikae and the "nonsensers", as I think I may have a catch here. (Remember the bad ones are most of the times those who feel good in daylight)
Quote:
So, about those who have been voted so far...
How nice a choice! Only four votes have been given and you are rushing to make us think only those who have been voted should be concentrated on? Or if you think that is too far-fetched, then let's say you were confident enough to see someone of those four to go as it meant nothing bad to your fellows - and you have fellows. Otherwise you would have been a bit more open-minded about it.

I mean only four votes up to now. Why encourage thinking mainly of them (yeah, you mentioned a few others in the end of the post to be sure but they were not like "let's consider these")? And what bothers me is that you have nothing particular to say about any of these four first votes - so you just want to concentrate our thinking on these people - wishing to see those people discussed while you yourself can afterwards say you had no damning points on them if one of them gets lynched and is proved to be an innocent?

++ Durelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Unless you have an obligation to protect someone and/or attack someone else because of what your "role" * is...
A role is a role and not the same as behaviour modification. Suspicions and votes can give us clues to roles as people will make suspicions based on what their own role is. And while someone's behaviour may be entirely screwed up, I can't imagine the modification alone would ultimately affect their vote. Though I could be wrong...this is Sally's game after all...
Now you ignore the quotation marks there and the asterisk which gives the explanation of it - which point to the difference between a role in a game (ordo, wolf, seer, ranger...) and a "role" in this game where we are fugitives from the LotR world (eg. Aragorn, Frodo, Saruman... whatever you are) - just read the prologue... I'm not sure if you're a cobbler and did that on purpose or not but if not, please read the posts first...

EDIT: x'd from the beginning of the page...

EDIT2: "the asterisk which gives the explanation of it" - the asterisk in itself doesn't explain anything of course - but in the post Brinn is quoting there was a relative asterisk in the end of the post making the explanation I made here...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-18-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #290
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I really don't understand what all this fuss in relation to Nog is about. He has some quite sensible points, and for the most part I think I've understood what he is saying. Though, it seems where any misinterpretation has come in - has been in possible ambiguous statements in relation to roles and what have you.

I think I get why he used LoTR as the "roles". Instead of just saying roles over again, and possibly getting it confused with assignments/obligations/posting requirements... etc. Then again, now he says he is a LoTR character? Well, it could be true... why not? We know we have wereducks... but what are the "names" of the other roles? Would they just be Seer, Ranger, Cobbler.. etc?

Meh. I've got to get back to peeling potatoes and eggs now.

X'd with Brinn, Lari and Nog.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #291
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Ha. My guess is that Nilp isn't allowed to self-vote.
That's child's play. I'd rather have you lynch me.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #292
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah. I see now. Makes sense.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #293
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
"role" in this game where we are fugitives from the LotR world (eg. Aragorn, Frodo, Saruman... whatever you are)
Oh. I thought you meant the characters represented gifted, were-duck, cobbler roles, etc.

Okay, shutting up for the next 50 minutes. I'm watching Lost.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #294
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

As far as I can tell, Nogrod seems to be his usual self.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #295
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So the problem with Rikae is that she lied - and I can't see a reason a good gifted should have felt a need to make such a lie at that point in the game. Or then Sally has failed to give her the requirements she gave everyone else.
She may be required to deny having special powers, based on past history of claiming every known (and fake) role available.

Or, she might just not have orders about behavior. Like she said.

I honestly don't think any of the special orders are particularly linked. For instance, I think Nienna is required to devote a lot of her time to Shakespeare. And I think that the phantom is required to reference things said by an unknown female at any opportune moment. And I know that I should stop talking now.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #296
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nog, I was being nice to you because last night I was up till almost 3 am posting on this game and I know I did not like it.

Well hi, Lari.

The Votes:

234 Rikae >> Nogrod (1)
237 Macalaure >> Gwathagor (1)
253 Mithalwen >> Lariren (1)
254 Kath >> Brinniel (1)
288 Lariren >> Durelin (1)
289 Nogrod >> Durelin (2)
Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #297
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I mean only four votes up to now. Why encourage thinking mainly of them (yeah, you mentioned a few others in the end of the post to be sure but they were not like "let's consider these")? And what bothers me is that you have nothing particular to say about any of these four first votes - so you just want to concentrate our thinking on these people - wishing to see those people discussed while you yourself can afterwards say you had no damning points on them if one of them gets lynched and is proved to be an innocent?
It's a way of looking at a few people out of a village of 18. In one post. And I did say particular things about them, though no, not 3 pages worth or anything.

I'm trying to be a better player here than my usual self so I'm trying the analysis thing. I guess it just doesn't suit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
As far as I can tell, Nogrod seems to be his usual self.
Yeah, pretty much. A bit more belligerent perhaps. But I think he's usually nicer as a wolf anyway.

So yeah, definitely moving on from Nogrod...just need to find the time.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #298
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Aiee I should vote soon, it's dreadfully late here.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #299
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Nog, I was being nice to you because last night I was up till almost 3 am posting on this game and I know I did not like it.
Now who is here till 3 AM...

All right, but I should just vote and go. Great. Hmm...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #300
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay

++Lariren

I considered voting her before and she just does not seem to innocent to me. Her bantery posts don't look too good. She should know better.

I'm surprised if she's a wolf though. Oh well, it's Day1...

edit: xed with Legate who should shut up because it's almost 4am here...
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #301
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I don't consider her very guilty. Not even particularly suspicious. In fact, I sort of hope that she won't get lynched.

++Durelin

But let's call that just an experiment.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #302
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I'm here and reading...
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #303
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Garr, I got a vote because I was in class all day? I'm here now, though I can't promise I'll post too much. Keep in mind that Tuesday-Thursday, I'm gone for at least eight hours of the day, not to mention I've had a really frustrating week which has put me in a sour/stressed out mood. I only got three hours of sleep last night...
Ah, that would explain the incredibly terse posts.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #304
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Suspicious
Rikae
Nogrod
Sally!

Sort of Suspicious
Legate
Durelin

Un-Suspicious
Nerwen
Shasta
Thinlomien

Innocent
Fea
Brinniel

If I HAD to guess, I'd say that Nogrod might be a cobbler, although he has been making sense. Legate's vote for Durelin looks pretty bad to me, but I don't think that a clever wolf would do anything quite that obvious. If I haven't mentioned anyone, it's because I really don't know.

Oh yikes, I have to run to a theatre meeting. I don't know if I'll make it back before DL, so here's my vote:

++Legate
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #305
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I sort of hope that she won't get lynched.
I'd say I am offended except that I only sort of hope so, too. This game is distracting me a bit too much from job applications and papers...

Last edited by Durelin; 03-18-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: x'd with Gwath x2
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #306
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I don't consider her very guilty. Not even particularly suspicious. In fact, I sort of hope that she won't get lynched.

++Durelin

But let's call that just an experiment.
I'm not sure how i feel about someone voting for someone else as an experiment... that just bothers me... I'll wait before voting but right now I'm leaning toward Legate.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #307
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I don't like either Lommy or Legate's votes. Why vote for someone if you don't think they're the were-duck?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #308
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I smell a consensus that precedes a bandwagon...

Good night and Night!

edit: xed with Brinn
Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #309
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Maybe if you have no idea who is... I suspect Lari more than most.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #310
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Ah, that would explain the incredibly terse posts.
Me, terse? Nah.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #311
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Okay, I don't have any strong vote candidates in mind so I shall look back at earlier posts. Hopefully I'll make it by deadline; my internet is being incredibly slow for no reason.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #312
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why would you vote for someone whom you didn't think was guilty, and didn't want them to be lynched?

What kind of experiment are you doing?

234 Rikae >> Nogrod (1)
237 Macalaure >> Gwathagor (1)
253 Mithalwen >> Lariren (1)
254 Kath >> Brinniel (1)
288 Lariren >> Durelin (1)
289 Nogrod >> Durelin (2)
300 Lommy >> Lari (2)
301 Legate >> Durelin (3)
304 Gwath >> Legate (1) (does it count if it isn't bolded?)

X'd with Brinn x2.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #313
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hello, everybody!!

Sally, do I still have a vote?

EDIT: x'd since Lommy.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #314
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Okay

++Lariren

I considered voting her before and she just does not seem to innocent to me. Her bantery posts don't look too good. She should know better.
So you're voting for her because she bantered for the first three pages just like Nienna, phantom, sally, and I all did. That makes sense. You claim she should know better but so should everyone else. That seems highly suspicious in my opinion.

That analysis is coming shortly. I got dragged away to watch my friends' air band play.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #315
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Super Fast Analysis

Fea - Has been busy with school. Boo. Need to hear more from her.

Brinn - Needs to get more sleep. Also needs to post more. But what she has said doesn't look too suspicious.

wilwa - No idea.

Shasta - Makes references that confuse me. Will keep an eye on him.

Durie - Stole my vote count idea. Should lynch him just for that. Just kidding. Stats are good.

Nog - If we were playing the "whoever analyzes most is clearly evil" game, Nog would win. Otherwise his posts look solid and not too suspicious.

Izzy - Need to hear more from.

Nerwen - Need to hear more from to get a read.

Rikae - Bubbles. Heh heh...Beyond that, no idea.

Mith - Need to hear more from.

Kath - Apparently worried about a Day 1 lynch for Gwath. Suspicious.

Lari - Apparently now looks like a good lynch choice for no good reason as far as I can tell. Will keep an eye on her.

Mac - No read on him so far. Need to hear more.

Nienna - Newbie. Gets Day 1 protection from me at least.

Gwath - Apparently can't be lynched toDay at risk of everyone being modfired.

Lommie - Seems very very confused and frustrated...but is that because she actually is or because she's been told to act that way. Also voted Lari for banter. Suspicious.

Legate - Needs to post more.

Nilp - Suicidal. Suspicious.

Sorry that took so incredibly long for such a short post. I feel like if I make a more detailed post I'm going to miss deadline and as we learned last game, that is a very bad life choice. If anyone wants elaboration, I'll do my best to give it.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #316
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So according to my analysis, Lommie, Kath, and Nilp are suspicious. I'm not a fan of lynching the suicidal; it tends to give them what they want. I don't have enough reason to lynch Kath just quite yet, but I'm going to keep an eye on her. So based on that logic:

++Lommie
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #317
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Lari

I don't see what is supposedly wrong with Durelin, and I don't like how Legate voted for her. Not wanting her to get lynched, but putting her in the lead.
I don't think voting for Legate would do much good; because it would just be a bandwagon-esque vote.
Meh. Call it what it is I suppose.

X'd with Mira x3.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #318
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
So you're voting for her because she bantered for the first three pages just like Nienna, phantom, sally, and I all did.
But...phantom and Sally aren't playing in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I don't like either Lommy or Legate's votes. Why vote for someone if you don't think they're the were-duck?
This is a constant frustration for me. If you think someone is guilty, okay, vote for them. But don't go saying "I think they're guilty somehow but I don't think there a were...whatever." At least have a backbone if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I smell a consensus that precedes a bandwagon...
Of course the consensus thing bothers me, too. But no one's done the old "well who are you voting for" thing yet so it hasn't quite gone that far.

I've really lost my steam here.

And ohhhh yeeaaaah the deadline is in like...35 mins-ish? This should be interesting.

(Edit: Crossed with Mira and Izzy)
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #319
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
All y'all are bandwagoning. I don't like this at all.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #320
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Votes thus far

Rikae -> Nog
Mac -> Gwath
Mith -> Lari
Kath -> Brinn
Lari -> Durie
Nog -> Durie
Lommy -> Lari