The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #361
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm way too tired for this.

++Izzy
Old 05-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #362
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
And if some innocent gets lynched because of you tp, or you Eomer, then I am immediately coming after you the next day.
Of course, it would be our fault.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #363
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boro, do you know something about Mith?~Nerwen
Besides my other post today which I gave reasons, only that I trust I know her habits quite well and she is not looking like an innocent Mith.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #364
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
++ Mithalwen

Because I suspect her more than Boro or Izzy.

EDIT: x-ed since my last
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #365
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
So why not Shasta, again?
I don't know. No-one voted for him, for some reason.

That's quite odd, actually.

EDIT: X'd since my last post.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #366
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++SHASTA

Sorry, I just can't decide.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #367
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lari -> Boro
Gaur -> Boro
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer
Gwath -> Boro
Izzy -> Mith
Shasta -> Mith
Inziladun -> Kath
Nerwen -> Izzy
Agan -> Izzy
Mith -> Izzy
phantom -> Izzy
Green -> Mith
Eomer -> Shasta

Mith 4, Boro 3, Izzy 4, Eomer 2, Fea & Kath & Shasta 1

Not voted: Cab, Fea

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-22-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: added Eomer
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #368
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well you helped get innocent Nienna lynched which is more than TP or I did, so do be so self righteous.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #369
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well then. 5 of us left, and still no real answers. I'm in the same boat as Greenie here. None of these are a real choice for me.

++Mith

EDIT: crossed with a lot.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #370
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
You talk football at a time like this?
Might as well. If she's going to be unpleasant about something that was supposed to be fun, then I'm going to be less likely to save her skin in this village.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #371
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
It's done. Stop please.

Narration soon.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #372
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm drowning in tears.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #373
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eomer ... go for Shata tomorrow it is worth it . please .... make the wolves kill me or ..... this will mean you are another Ordo down.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #374
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

*goes back to bed*
Old 05-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #375
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

Gaurcrist has just left Hobbiton.
Due to recent events I do not quit. I am sorry for my previous actions.

Last edited by Gaurcrist; 05-22-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Gaurcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #376
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurcrist View Post
I thought this game was supposed to be a fun game for all to work together and figure out who the baddies are. Well, I'm not having any fun at all and so I quit.
Oh.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #377
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

The sun began to set again on our little village, the Day had gone by quickyly, with much arguing and they now knew they had to choose.

Fair Mithalwen received the most votes and was slowly led to the gallows. They led her solemnly to the hidden little section of town, all remembering the tragic events of the previous Day. Mith suddenly stopped and turned around, facing the crowd with a very distraught look on her face.

"It's you isn't it?!" She yelled pointing at a certain villager, "Or is it you?!" she yelled again pointing at another. She did this 3 more times, and when she didn't get the answer she wanted she quietly said "All I wanted was my baby back."

"What is she talking about?" McCaber asked, very confused and suspicious.

"It doesn't matter, she's just trying to fool us." Agan added as they continued to lead Mith up to the hanging noose.

"Yeah, we can't let her trick us." Eomer agreed, placing the rope around her neck.

The villagers stood back and watched, not acting as barbarically as they had the previous Day. A tear ran down Mith's cheek as she began to say "All I wanted was my...." but the pull of the lever cut her off.

Nothing happened. A faint chill went down everyone's spines as they swore they could hear the cry of a young child in the distance. They shook off the, what had to be, imaginary sound as they all parted ways and walked towards their homes.

The evil Rumpelstiltskin smiled to himself as he slowly shrunk down to his proper form. He had gotten away with it, he was now safe from her and had won his prize.

The baddies walked towards the Old Witch's house yet again, preparing to cause more havic to the innocent little village. The Night began to grow darker.

The dead:
Nienna - bookkeeper - hung Day 1 - ordinary villager
Lommy – minstrel – mauled Night 2 – ordinary villager
Mith - herbalist - lynched Day 2 - Fair Maiden

The living:
Nerwen - bookmaker
Eomer - gravedigger
Aganzir - jailor, arena and lions included
Sally - some poor serving girl who has no money to buy sweets
McCaber - humble shopkeeper
Izzy - baker
Mira - apothocary
Gaurcrist - blacksmith
Shasta - fletcher
Gwath - drunk vagrant
Boro88 - the shruberrer
Kath - restaurant owner
Inziladun - shruberrer's apprentice
Fea - Storyteller
Greenie - school teacher
Lari - fortune teller
the phantom - the crazy book liberator

It is now Night 3. Baddies may discuss. Names please from all those who owe me them.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #378
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

The sun rose on our little village yet again and the villagers gathered in the middle of the town square. After a quick look around it became obvious that Boro was the one missing.

The crowd drew close together and began walking towards the shrubber’s house. It was a cute little house, with a lawn covered in various sized shrubs. Any stranger would have a difficult time navigating through the maze; but the villagers had all visited Boro many times so they arrived at his door quickly.

A familiar sight was before them, the door had been broken down just like Lommy’s. They stepped in cautiously and made their way through each room until they arrived at the kitchen. They smelt butter and garlic before they found him.

Boro was on the floor, his legs were missing and there was a small puddle of butter around him mixed in with blood. The villagers stared at him in shock.

“Why his legs? That’s so odd…” Inziladun said, quite distraught over the loss of his employer.

“Noooooooooooo!!!” Sally cried as she pushed to the front of the crowd. She fell on her knees beside Boro and began to sob. “But we had such little time together, how could you leave me?”

The villagers stared on in shock as Sally reached for a large pair of shrubbing shears. “I know you’d want me to be strong, but I just can’t do this without you.” She cried before bowing her head and thrusting the giant scissors into her torso.

The villagers watched this tragic sight with their mouths gaping open. Then one by one they bowed their heads at the scene and then left the room. The Fairy Godmother held back and slowly slipped a letter into the hand of the wielder of the looking glass. He took it and slipped it into his pocket. As they walked out their eyes met quickly and they were both grateful to have a new ally, especially after the terrible scene they had just witnessed.

They all made their way to the village square once again and began discussing, hoping today would be the day they would succeed.

The dead:
Nienna - bookkeeper - hung Day 1 - ordinary villager
Lommy – minstrel – mauled Night 2 – ordinary villager
Mith - herbalist - lynched Day 2 - Fair Maiden
Boro88 - the shruber – yum, frog legs Night 3 – Frog-Prince
Sally – poor serving girl – died of shear sorrow Night 3 - Princess

The living:
Nerwen - bookmaker
Eomer - gravedigger
Aganzir - jailor, arena and lions included
McCaber - humble shopkeeper
Izzy - baker
Mira - apothocary
Gaurcrist - blacksmith
Shasta - fletcher
Gwath - drunk vagrant
Kath - restaurant owner
Inziladun - shruberrer's apprentice
Fea - Storyteller
Greenie - school teacher
Lari - fortune teller
the phantom - the crazy book liberator

It is now Day 3. You may discuss. Names please form all those who need to give me one.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 05-23-2009 at 09:09 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #379
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Well that was not good. Not good at all.

And I'm going to go back on my word as I'm not feeling too hot at the moment and going to vote now. I really do promise to be there toMorrow. Really truly do.

So my vote is for

++Fea

She seems to be playing with few words and such. To me, when she does that, at least recently, she has been guilty.

Off to go lye in bed.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #380
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Does this mean Sally picked Boro last night, causing him to turn into the prince, only for one of them to be attacked by the wolves?

Also, why did Mith insist we go after Shasta today? I thought she was hinting that she was the Seer but obviously not.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #381
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
, why did Mith insist we go after Shasta today? I thought she was hinting that she was the Seer but obviously not.
I think she just felt sure he was a baddie. But then, she and Boro were convinced of each other's guilt, and look how well that panned out.

EDIT:emphasis.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-23-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #382
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hey, Lari, hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #383
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Does this mean Sally picked Boro last night, causing him to turn into the prince, only for one of them to be attacked by the wolves?
I don't know, sally was definitely being weird yesterday but it's hard to tell if they had already been united. I'm not even sure how useful piece of information knowing that is in trying to figure out the wolves, but I suppose the time could be found out from their posts.

And Eomer why didn't you try to save Mith if you thought she was the seer, but threw away your vote on Shasta instead? That looks simply evil. And to be honest, to me it looked more like you had guessed Mith was the Fair Maiden, the way you behaved...

I'm surprised the wolves killed Boro, they could probably have tried to make him a nice lynch target today. First Lommy then him might point to quiet or relatively new wolves though.

I understand she can do little about it, but I don't like Lari's votes and I want to hear more from her.

Also, I slept like five hours last night because I'm pathetic, and then sat another four hours in the back of a computer lab, the air-conditioning system of which was broken, watching a bunch of people write philosophical essays. From that the brightest of you might figure that I am not in an especially jolly or helpful mood at the moment.

I'll be here for a while before going to sleep, but I'm not going to be much around today anyway.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #384
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, that's a bit of bad luck that the Princess found the Frog early.

So it turns out my instinct of not wanting to lynch Boro or Mith was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
And perhaps Mith doesn't know anything about Boro, but does know something about herself, but can't say anything about it.
So yeah, that was right. Unfortunately, she was acting odd and so that threw me off just enough to make me hesitate launching an all out "Please Save Mith!" campaign. But in hindsight we can now see that her behavior and comments were due to RL reasons.

Well, this means that on Day 1 the baddies had no interest in saving Boro from lynching, which means they were free to toss up anyone they wanted. Shasta made his charge very late, so even if he is a baddie I doubt the vote could tell us anything about his helpers. So, I think the best I can do with the Day 1 vote is say that the Baddies could be hiding most anywhere.

And yesterday's voting depends largely upon Izzy's guilt. If she's innocent then perhaps Nerwen and Agan and maybe Eomer don't look so good, as well as maybe Inzil. If she's up to no good then maybe Green and McCaber look suspicious. Or if Eomer is evil then maybe Gwath and Shasta don't look great.

Anyway, I can only hope the Seer is gathering some good information and can help us out at some point later.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #385
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

For today I'm looking to preserve McCaber and Mira, and probably Agan and Shasta. I'm not sure about Green. I want to take a closer look at Izzy, Nerwen, and Eomer. Though they could save me the trouble by just telling me if they're bad. How about it, laddie? Are you the RB?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #386
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, almost forgot to ask- Shasta...

Yesterday you miscounted the vote, and gave Mith only one vote when she actually had two.

Was that because you are Hansel and had used your power to make Boro's vote not count and thus when you counted you knew his wasn't real?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #387
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

I will share what I am thinking about who is bad.

Baddies:
Phantom (just plain mean)
Eomer
Greenie
Old 05-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #388
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If there's a bright spot in this for me, at least my read of Boro was correct and he wasn't a baddie. That tells me I might be getting a bit better at figuring things out.
Speaking of baddies, it's high time we found one.
I want to hear from McCaber some more. He never did explain his comment in #186, despite repeated requests to do so. I'd also like to see more of Fea, Shasta, and Gwath.
I still have some misgivings about Kath, but as no one else seems to feel the same way, perhaps I'm simply wrong (it has happened on occasion).
Old 05-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #389
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

Well, maybe Phantom is bad. Well, you might say that I just want to lynch him to get back at him and, yes, maybe that is true, but also maybe he is actually a baddie. Maybe he is acting like a baddie in order to make us think we should vote for him and then say, "Wait! He wouldn't act like a baddie!" Well, even if he isn't bad, it seems like he wanted people to die. Let's take a look at what he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
So it turns out my instinct of not wanting to lynch [B
Boro[/B] or Mith was right.
Oh yes, you know all O mighty Phantom

Doesn't it seem suspicious that he would pop up saying, "Oh, I knew I should have done that!" right after someone was killed. If you wanted to save them, Phantom, you would have campaigned. Well, according to what I have just said, I will vote Phantom.

++Phantom

Last edited by Gaurcrist; 05-23-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #390
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Doesn't it seem suspicious that he would pop up saying, "Oh, I knew I should have done that!" right after someone was killed. If you were right, Phantom, you would have campaigned. Well, according to what I have just said, I will vote Phantom.
I'm on the fence about phantom. I don't have a strong feeling of him one way or the other right now. He could be a gifted villager accomplishing all sorts of good behind the scenes, or an immensely crafty evildoer who knows just what to say to allay suspicion. I feel a bit better that even those who have played with him before seem as uncertain as I.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #391
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
That's just what phantom does. And to be honest, he was indeed against lynching either one of them.

Sorry about the lack of explanation for my comment. It's as simple as I thought Boro was handing out gifted cues, and I was willing to wait another day to see what would become of it. I wasn't getting the same from Nienna, so I made a decision.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #392
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Hoom hrm, Agan, I said that I thought Mith was giving out Seer-hints - not that I believed her in any way. That's why I didn't try to save her. And why does it look from the way I behaved that I guessed she was the Fair Maiden? Pray tell how Mith was behaving like the Fair Maiden?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #393
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurcrist
If you wanted to save them, Phantom, you would have campaigned.
I did vote for a different candidate and shopped around to see who else would vote for me. So I did mount an attempt to save them. What I didn't do is go completely out on a limb, primarily because there were some unexplained comments being made by Mith. It is only now after the fact that we can see there were other things (RL) beneath the surface that inspired those comments.

Besides myself, I note that Agan is the only other one who has't voted for a proven innocent yet. Is she good and right, or is she evil and crafty and simply knows how to keep her hands clean?

*waits for Shasta to show up*

EDIT: forgot Sally was dead

Last edited by the phantom; 05-23-2009 at 01:57 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #394
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Pray tell how Mith was behaving like the Fair Maiden?
She gave that quote from Morwen ("I am spent, I go with the sun"), and the story of Morwen's life is that she lost her children.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #395
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey, sorry again I wasn't around yesterDay. THere wasn't anything I could really do about it. But, I'm here now, and I'll be in and out throughout the day.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #396
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
She gave that quote from Morwen ("I am spent, I go with the sun"), and the story of Morwen's life is that she lost her children.
Aganzir is going to have to forgive my ignorance of Tolkien lore, then.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #397
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well someone crapped on toast this morning.

Sorry Mith. I take partial responsibility in your death. I didn't think even the newborn wolf-pups would latch onto and wagon my vote. Which in all honesty is a new thing for me, not being around at deadline. It really gives one a headache, voting hours before the arrival of deadline. You vote for someone you find suspicious, but will the nasties jump on the wagon closer to deadline?

I'll have to re-read yesterDays events close to deadline. As I didn't notice Shasta miscounted a vote. Though when I read it yesterday morning, I was quite irritated I wasn't around at deadline to retract my vote after Shasta voted for Mith. Hypocritical much? I seem to recall you mentioning something about not showing reasons. I don't recall you giving any reasons for suspicions on Mith.

phantom, Sally is dead.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #398
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Well, that's a bit of bad luck that the Princess found the Frog early.
But hardly surprising, given that the frog wanted to be found. And although the lovers die together, it's also often easier to process one's thoughts with someone else and reach conclusions, so a united lover pair certainly isn't a disadvantage.

Anyway now one third of us are baddies. We could pretty much roll dice to decide who to lynch and our chances of getting a baddie wouldn't be considerably worse, they'd possibly be even better considering the number of people with few posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I still have some misgivings about Kath, but as no one else seems to feel the same way, perhaps I'm simply wrong (it has happened on occasion).
I don't know why but this comment bothers me. If you suspect her, point out why instead of just saying you have some vague misgivings about her. At the moment it looks like you're just testing the ice to see if anyone else could start suspecting Kath, and when not, you back off immediately.

Quote:
Doesn't it seem suspicious that he would pop up saying, "Oh, I knew I should have done that!" right after someone was killed.
Not really, mainly because my thoughts about lynching them were pretty similar to his. I didn't specifically want to save them, either, because they were acting really weird and it looked like there was something to it. But apparently that something wasn't in-game...
And as for that gloating, it's simply like him.

I'm still flip-flopping on Greenie. The way she flip-flopped on Cab & Shasta looked innocent but her posting near the deadline & her vote looked somehow... too calculating.

Quote:
Hoom hrm, Agan, I said that I thought Mith was giving out Seer-hints - not that I believed her in any way. That's why I didn't try to save her. And why does it look from the way I behaved that I guessed she was the Fair Maiden? Pray tell how Mith was behaving like the Fair Maiden?
I didn't connect the Morwen quote to lost children, but she asked for one more day which I interpreted as a FM hint (since I had said on day 1 that her chances were best if she used all her guesses on day 3), and also "I am running out of time one way or another and "I maun dree my weird"." looked vaguely Fair Maidenish to me.
And then you posted that "there's certainly an option for one day" comment. Now, you see, I am a non-native speaker, but how I interpreted it was "You don't need that extra day if you guess five people already today".
And then you voted for someone who had no chance of being lynched, which looked pretty much like "tee-hee lynch a possible gifted, but oh I have so much difficulties deciding who to vote!"

Quote:
Besides myself, I note that Sally and Agan are the only other two who haven't voted for a proven innocent yet.
Well since sally doesn't seem to be here to defend herself right now, I can do it for her - I'm rather convinced she voted for an innocent on day 1. And as for Aganzir, I'd like to think she's both good and right but we don't know it for sure as long as the village stubbornly refuses to listen to her wise counsel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
*waits for Shasta to show up*
I thought it best to inform you that I read that as "waits for Shasta to grow up". You're such a gentleman, phantom.

edit: xed with Eomer (yes I think I have to forgive you since I didn't get that reference myself, either) & Izzy (bah why did you tell him sally's dead?)
Old 05-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #399
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
phantom, Sally is dead.
Ah, yes, so she is. Sorry.

*goes and fixes*

She was so quiet this game I guess I didn't notice the difference.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #400
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Nerwen's Helpful Hints For Newbies, Vol 1

Quote:
I will share what I am thinking about who is bad.

Baddies:
Phantom (just plain mean)
Eomer
Greenie
Okay... that's not sharing your thoughts, Gaurcrist. "Sharing your thoughts" would mean saying why you think those three are bad.

Now on to the next one:

Quote:
Well, maybe Phantom is bad. Well, you might say that I just want to lynch him to get back at him and, yes, maybe that is true, but also maybe he is actually a baddie.
Well, yes, maybe he is. This is Werewolf... sort of the whole point of the game is that anyone might be a baddie.

Quote:
he is acting like a baddie in order to make us think we should vote for him and then say, "Wait! He wouldn't act like a baddie!"
Why is he "acting like a baddie"? (This is not to say that I trust the phantom... you can just never tell whether he's evil or not.)

Quote:
, even if he isn't bad, it seems like he wanted people to die. Let's take a look at what he said.

Gaurcrist, the quote you give here ("So it turns out my instinct of not wanting to lynch Boro or Mith was right") has nothing– nothing at all– to do with your description of it. Can't you see that?

...And then you vote tp for saying he was glad he hadn't lynched a known innocent!

Look... you just can't vote people on grounds like that. It's a good way to get yourself lynched. Perhaps not this time around, but that's only because you're new and for meta-game reasons, like the fact that that wolf-cubs usually get advice from their elders, and that a wolf is unlikely to quit like you did.

Actually, though, you could still be LRC and have been turned last Night. Hmmn. I hadn't thought of that until just then.

Quote:
But– are you saying you noticed that at the time, phantom? And realized she was the Fair Maiden? I didn't.

Anyway.. the problem is that since both Boro and Mith were innocent, it's hard to learn much from the voting. At least not while we're in the dark about Izzy and Shasta.

I hesitate to say, "lynch one of them just to see"... but we would get information that way.

But there's also all the throwaway votes yesterDay. I think they'd bear looking at, particularly the late ones (Eomer for Shasta and Inziladun for Kath.)

EDIT:X'd since the phantom at #394.
EDIT2:Added quote.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-23-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote