The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #281
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey, sorry I haven't been around. Reeaally busy day, and now I have to go to bed or else I'll be exhausted for work in the morning. I'll try to read a little first and maybe vote, but I may just try to wake up before DL and vote then. Again, sorry.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #282
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

In case I don't post again tonight, I'll for sure make it back in the hour before the deadline.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #283
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ok, way too tired here, going to bed. Apologies for lack of involvement toDay.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #284
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

On a second thought, there's no way I'll be up in time to vote, sooo I'll stick with yesterDay's vote, for the sake of consistency.

++Boromir88
Old 05-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #285
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nienna and Lommy?

I suppose better than losing Gifteds. Though wolves are better to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I didn't have a really strong case against her, but it was the best decision I could come up with.
This kind of sounds scrambling to me.

Nerwen as Village Captain Obvious. Ahaha.

Boro you look nasty with your commentary about your Nienna vote. Why not just say "I want to save myself." ?

Even if Shasta isn't bluffing, and he is an Ordo. Why go to the wolf and say TURN ME! TURN ME! Even if he isn't capable of being turned, I don't see how dangling yourself as fresh meat in front of a rabid wolf - is going to help the village.

Boro. Why would Shasta be lynched immediately if turned? I thought the Moddess said that it could be referenced to in the Night plot - but not necessarily any where near the Night it occurs.

Why does it seem to be an assumption that the wolves would've killed Shasta? Because they thought his claim false? I think they would have the luxury to see if he was turnable first, and then kill him. Otherwise they'd be up a certain creek with out a paddle, if they killed him and found him to be an Ordo - especially if he ended up Miss Red.

Boro. Your venting seemed to lack a sense of fire. Fizzled I think. o.O

Erm, sorry Miss Wilwa. I'm terribly afraid to tell you, but you aren't in any condition to... digest sweet cakes, or food of any kind. I could put some by your non-grave for you, if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Eomer and Boro both seemed to think LRC was a normal Cursed role, i.e. has to be Night-killed in order to be turned. I should say this points to their innocence– or at least to their non-lupinity. They could be faking, of course... but do consider this point before voting either of them.
Why does it do that Nerwen? All it says, is that they have a faulty memory, or didn't quite read the entire Admin thread.

Lari -> Boro
Gaur -> Boro
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer
Gwath -> Boro

Boro 3. Eomer 2. Mith & Fea 1.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #286
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Why does it do that Nerwen? All it says, is that they have a faulty memory, or didn't quite read the entire Admin thread.
My point is that the wolves would be likely to have read the section on Red Cap pretty carefully. Wouldn't you?

I didn't say it was conclusive.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #287
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Perhaps. It could've just been the Rabid Wolf zoning in on it.

It is easier for me to imagine them faking it, as opposed to misremembering it. They seem to be on top of stuff like that, regardless of role.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #288
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Aganzir - She has her head on her shoulders., and looks to be on top of things. I tend to think her innocent at this time, yet I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up short, furry, wrinkly, or ugly.

Boro - He seems to be experimenting in multiple avenues. From past experience, the experimenters have usually been innocents. He also seems to be an easy lynch target due to his experimenting and perhaps zany behavior. So I think him rather innocent, and perhaps someone whom fell off their rocker, or was dropped on his head as a child.

Caber - He is playing.

Eomer - He is playing.

Fea - I keep getting her confused with Greenie. Because I spot the little green avatar out of the corner of my eye as I'm reading, and I think she is posting. Then I read, and I scroll back up and see it was Greenie who did. As of yet, I don't have a read on her.

Gaurcrist - First game. First Day is over, therefore no special treatment. He seems to be trying, and returned after the verbal lashing from Phantom with a sidebar fromMira. You should share your thoughts, as hoarding them inside your head does the village no favors. Since your hobby at the moment is keeping your eyes on Phantom, spoons can fix that!! Just joking about the spoons.

Greenie - If her activity level wanes, we should lynch her immediately!!

Gwath - He is a drunk.

Izzy - EyeZeeZeeWhy.

Kath - She is playing, and she is still alive. Means she is probably one of The Four.

Lari - She is playing. I think with her early votes, eventually it might become an issue. As The Four can easily use it as a starter for a bandwagon.

Mira - The list she made toDay on some people, it seemed to be mostly filler and empty carbohydrates. I'm sure if she asks nicely and/or reveals a role that The Four would want to be rid of, they would kill her. Unless I am missing something, why would The Four kill her at Night, if it was hinted she was The Cobbler or a Rabid Wolf? If you want death that much, we could just ya know - lynch you.

Mith - She is up to no good. Why? Because most of her post content is empty carbohydrates. Filler. Spam.

Nerwen - She has a head on her shoulders. It seems to be screwed on straight. She is still alive. I'm leaning innocent, yet she obviously could be one of The Four.

Phantom - He seems to be a bit more aggressive than I remember from other games.

Sally - I haven't noticed strange behavior, or much of any behavior. I think it is due to her internet, which she should sue it. Then it might be forced to work for her.

Shasta - Besides THE thing, I don't know what to say about him. Day One reveals of any kind? Whether a (n)Bluff, I don't know - it just rubs me the wrong way. Should we immediately lynch him for dangling his neck to the Rabid Wolf? Absolutely if he turns into Miss Red, and thus his claim was true.

Zil - First game. First Day is over. No special treatments. He looks like he has a handle on things, and nothing I find furry, short, wrinkly, or ugly about him yet. Save perhaps his wording.

In regards to the verbal lashing and the sidebar. Really? Veterans do similar things, and THEY don't get these types of reactions.

All in all, I think we have too many narcissistic personalities in this game, fighting for the/a leadership role.

Looking Innocent:
Aganzir
Boro
Nerwen

In the middle:
Greenie
Lari
Phantom
Shasta

No Idea:
Caber
Eomer
Fea
Gaurcrist
Gwath
Izzy

Up to no good:
Kath
Mira
Mith

The No idea-ers are too many for me. Though they insisted on being there.
I'll be making my vote shortly, then I will go to bed. Before my head explodes and makes a mess, I really do not want to be cleaning at this hour.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #289
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mira - I won't use my vote on her toDay. Because she seems to have a death wish. If we are both alive toMorrow, and she is still suspicious that she hasn't died during the Night. Then possibly I will vote her toMorrow. Most everyone tends to actually want to live during these things. Not be captured in a noose or becoming someone's meal.

Kath - I think her up to no good because she is still alive. It isn't enough to warrant the use of my vote, toDay.

So.

++Mith
For reasons stated in the previous post. I find the majority of her post content lacking. Banter. Spam.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:04 AM   #290
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Boro, ha! What use was that? You want some sympathy?

And Izzy has a fair point about Mith - posting links in the middle of a game? Come on. Also rolling her eyes at tp and Boro, and acting all coochy-coochy-coo to Gaurcrist. Who does she think she's fooling?

Still, I'm glad I have a couple of votes. I thought that I'd make it all the way to the promised land of Day Four this game, as the village is so big, but then again - I'm just so evil.

I think I'll hold my vote, and have a look at the reaoning of the early-voters. Don't have too much to go on yet.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #291
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
This is such fun. Now I realize the thrill Phantom gets when days 1 and 2 are focused solely on him. I'll have to do this more often.

Let's see, let's see...

Ah! I believe Nerwen pointed this out, but I'd like to reiterate; there is as much chance that we lynched Little Nienna Cap, or that the baddies decided to kill Little Lommy Cap last night, as that I am Little Shasta Cap. In fact, the baddies probably checked me last night (am I channeling Phantom? I do believe I am! Fea, I'm tempted to ask you to go out with me, but will not for two reasons; I would never be so crude, and I'm not fully into the character of Phantom yet.) Unfortunately for them, my cap is blue. (It's my favorite color.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
...would that have looked Seerish to a Wolftanis Althreduin?
I think this is the first time I've ever had the famous Nerwen treatment for wolfizing my name. I am so proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
So the wolves didn't go for Shasta, eh? I thought they might have. Interesting... well? Did you honestly think I'd go a game without suspecting you, sir?
Oh, give over, warrior of Finn. I think you're just jealous of my stunning good looks and sparkling personality.

To drop into a rather serious note for a moment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurcrist
Especially you Phantom. I've got my eyes on you. I will not share my thoughts.
...Huh? It's like... me, from the third game I ever played with Phantom where I finally got fed up with his high-handedness (although I've mellowed to him since then). However, refusal to share thoughts isn't generally the greatest way to help innocents.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:22 AM   #292
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Persons of Interest (re: possible fairytale characters gone wrong)

Aganzir: I think she's still mad at me for last game. Also, her comment about Lommy in her first post today rang a bell for me. It was a nice, shiny bell. A "For Whom The Bell Tolls" type bell.

Gwath: Given that I voted Boro yesterday to be consistent... no, you're not allowed to call me a hypocrite! That was yesterday! This is today! And I feel like he stole my reason from yesterday to hide that his vote is bandwagon-worthy.

Nerwen: I really, really, really think she's innocent. Obviously this means she is evil and should be lynched ASAP, according to my performance last game. Faulty wiring in the head, and mist in the crystal ball, I'm telling you.

Fea: She's under my radar. She's NEVER under my radar. What's going on?!

McCaber: Under my radar (as usual). I want to lynch him (as usual). However, I'm going to push past my prejudice (as usual) and vote someone else (as usual).
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #293
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Hello I'm back here and done with reading. I'll post a list soon, and if someone happens to be around I'd fancy a chat...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:44 AM   #294
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

A chat, eh Greenie? What is your opinion on trolls?

Shasta, Fea is under your radar only because she's not been around much (too busy it would seem). Rest assured, she will be back to her brash, abrasive and loquacious best soon enough.

So let's string her up while the going's good.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 AM   #295
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nerwen - Nothing in her rubs me the wrong way right now.
Eomer - Likewise, though to a somewhat lesser extent.
Aganzir - Seems innocentish.
Sally - Not enough material to draw conclusions from.
McCaber - Not so sure about him. I'd love to reread his posts and see what I can find.
Izzy - No idea. (I accidentally typed no die... Seems like my fingers are trying to send me messages. )
Mira - No idea.
Gaurcrist - Too little stuff to draw conclusions from. I'd think, though, that if a wolf his fellows would have ensured he knew what to do?
Shasta - Now we come to the interesting part. I'm still considering him a possible wolf. His "ordo-reveal" seemed pretty wolf-ish to me, I already explained that yesterDay, and even if it was an honest reveal he might have been LRC. And if he isn't a wolf it's quite probable that BBW checked him last Night. So I see practically three chances: either a) Shasta was a baddie from the very start, b) he is LRC and was turned last Night, and c) he's just an ordo. I'm most inclined to think it's a). But be that as it may, he's been so amusing toDay that I feel tempted to leave him be..
Quath - (Sorry for using that silly name, just can't resist!)Nothing alarming if nothing astonishingly innocentish, either.
Boro - I've been flip-flopping about him all through the game. Right now I'm more inclined to think he's innocent. In any case I don't think he's our best lynch candidate toDay.
Kath - She's smooth and sensible and seems okay.
Inziladun - Speaks good sense and seems innocentish.
Fea - I know better than to assume anything about her.
Lari - Too little to draw conclusions from.
Mith - I'm flip-floppy about her too. Generally she's just confusing me.
the phantom - I agree with Izzy that he seems a tad more aggressive than usual. That might just be due to having a bad day or something like that, though, so I won't start drawing conclusions about it yet.

EDIT: x-ed with Eomer
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 AM   #296
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
A chat, eh Greenie? What is your opinion on trolls?
Trolls are okay as long as they're green.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #297
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

What do you think about McCaber? The guy has started to really puzzle me.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 AM   #298
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Yeah, it looks like he's trying to feed off the discussion surrounding Boro; suggesting that he's a clever villager who sees gifted hints. Could be genuine.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #299
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta, Fea is under your radar only because she's not been around much (too busy it would seem). Rest assured, she will be back to her brash, abrasive and loquacious best soon enough.

So let's string her up while the going's good.
Clearly her disappointment at Nienna's lynch stems from the simple fact that Fea didn't get to kill her herself. Lynch, I say! Lynch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Trolls are okay as long as they're green.
I hate having to pay to cross bridges, though. I usually have to answer three questions or some rubbish like that. Hardly fair considering.

Hmm. The votes seem to be Boro 3, Eomer 2, Fea and Mith 1.

I don't want to vote Boro because he needs to redeem himself for the fail-kill last night. Uh! I mean, because I think he's innocent. Yes, that's it. And I don't want to vote Eomer because I don't find him suspicious at the moment (although turn just a hair to the left, Eomer, and I'll see what I can do. )

++Mith
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #300
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

McCaber

DAY 1

1st post: banter, joke suspicions on Lom, Boro, Lari and Nerwen

2nd post: random-ish comments to Boro about the witch and Inzy about his playing style.

3rd post: comments on quiet-loud debate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Sad but true. You get people who post all over like Lommy and Boro who say quite a bit, and then people like me who often don't have much to say.

It's easier to tell a loud wolf in the lategame because inconsistencies are easier to catch when there's a lot of posts.

And in the past I've been an effective villain by staying rather quiet, so I know from personal experience to get the silent ones first.
I think the contradiction in this is rather interesting, but not necessarily wolf-ish. Actually I'm not sure whether an evil McCaber would want to sort of draw attention to the possibility of him being a baddie.

4th post: says that he'd rather leave phantom alone for the time being and that it's weird to be in Lommy and Agan's good books.

5th post: mainly banter about beer and whisky, says Fea is playing around but it's okay.

6th post: tells that he's going.

7th post: votes Nienna to save Boro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McC
Shop's just about to close. A strange day, to say the least.

As I want Boro to live at least another day, my vote has to be

++Nienna

Because I'm pretty sure I can see what he's trying to do with this.
I'm uneasy about this until Mr. McC answers my little (green) questions I asked earlier.

DAY 2

8th post: says yesterDay's voting wasn't that bad because he got plenty of material from the votes. Says that the wolves want to cause confusion and that though Nienna wasn't the best possible choice she was better than Boro. I still want to know why he trusts Boro.

9th post:
Quote:
Quote:
Eomer and Boro both seemed to think LRC was a normal Cursed role, i.e. has to be Night-killed in order to be turned.
Now that's interesting. I wasn't really considering either of them yet, but it's good for the future.

Can I apologize for today? I didn't do a lot here, but I'll be back a good 2 hours before DL. Preliminary thoughts run anywhere from Agan to Fea, and I still rather like Boro and tp.
Agan? Fea? Where did they come from?

That's all he's posted this far. Conclusions? It seems my vague bad feeling about him was mostly caused by his vote post yesterDay where there were too many questionmarks for me. I don't know whether reading through his posts helped me at all. Before, I had no vibes whatsoever except for very slight bad ones. Now I have both good and bad vibes about him and don't know what to think.

I'm not convinced either way.

EDIT: x-ed with Shasta
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #301
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
White-Hand

Back again. Reading again.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #302
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Aaaaaaaagh now I'm flip-flopping about Shasta too. He seems somehow too carefree to be a wolf. You know, Shasta, maybe you indeed are some kind of phantom's heir because you're causing me a headache right now.

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen
Old 05-22-2009, 05:08 AM   #303
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Can I apologize for today? I didn't do a lot here, but I'll be back a good 2 hours before DL. Preliminary thoughts run anywhere from Agan to Fea, and I still rather like Boro and tp.
Don't lump them together! Don't you remember what happened last time they were lumped together?!

...We won, but it was such a headache dealing with them! They were insufferable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
You know, Shasta, maybe you indeed are some kind of phantom's heir because you're causing me a headache right now.
I've decided that, for once, this is going to be the Shasta-show instead of the Phantom-show.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #304
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I've decided that, for once, this is going to be the Shasta-show instead of the Phantom-show.
Then prepare to be lynched. Hey, I don't make the rules.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:16 AM   #305
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I am back and interesting to see who is gunning for me. And sinceI know whose side I am on I have a better idea of my enemies. What Issy says is simply not true. I was about the only person who took this thing seriously on day one. And teh link.. I just happened to hear about it on the radio - it was about fairytales, half teh players are in london..I thought it was swet and withthe activity last night it was hardly interrupting some big discussion.

Some people may genuinely suspect me but there are certainly baddies riding on your coat tails.

But if you lynch me well not my problem anymore... and given the statistics the village will have a whelks chance in a supernova. Give me one more day please.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:26 AM   #306
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
However I must say Mith is confusing me.

Why does the fact that we don't know if Reddie has been turned mean you should let up on him?
And I want to hear from him too, now more than ever.

It was the reduced statistics not the not knowing if he had been turned. If he is LRC Iwould say he has certainly been turned... but the probability that he was LRC hadn't increased as I had assumed because I thought that Lommie and Nienna had been eliminated as candidates. I still think he is worth lynching.. but so is Boro and maybe one or two others.... and I would like to save my own skin if at all possible. Though I am beginning to doubt it.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:41 AM   #307
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh an Aganzir, wolf on wolf was the only good reason I could find for Phantom making such a strong attack on a new and confused player. I would rather think him a wolf than so mean but I have learnt you can be very wrong about people. Now there are no junior games newcomers have to cut their teeth somewhere. there are ways of guiding people to appropriate play. You don't have to savage them verbally even if this is a werewolf game. Yes it can get heated but if so pick on someone your own size...

Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 AM   #308
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Okay... really no idea who to vote for right now. As far as the favourites go, I can't make up my mind on either Shasta or Mith, and I'm reluctant to vote Boro or Eomer for reasons already stated.

I'm finding Izzy a little creepy at the moment... actually, I always do, and I don't recall her ever being a wolf in any game I've played. So I guess I just can't read her.

However, there is this (replying to my post saying that Boro and Eomer's confusion over the Red Cap role looks rather innocent):

Quote:
I replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
My point is that the wolves would be likely to have read the section on Red Cap pretty carefully.
Quote:
Perhaps. It could've just been the Rabid Wolf zoning in on it.

It is easier for me to imagine them faking it, as opposed to misremembering it. They seem to be on top of stuff like that, regardless of role.
Now, it's fair enough to raise objections (and I never claimed it proved anything)... but I just don't like the way she shifts ground there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Don't lump them together! Don't you remember what happened last time they were lumped together?!

...We won, but it was such a headache dealing with them! They were insufferable!
No, we lost, remember?

EDIT:X'd since Shasta.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #309
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I see some nice discussion has taken place while I slept.
My tentative good feeling about Boro doesn't seem to be shared much. I find that interesting, coming from those who know him better.
Mith.... now inferring the village won't have a chance without her? And Shasta gave his vote for her as well.
I'm inclined to do the same, but Kath....
The deadline will be here about the time I'm arriving at work, so I'm going with

++ Kath
Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #310
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh if you get me lynched bear in mind that Izzy has voted for me on the grounds of insubstantial posting but has attacked Shasta for all the reasons I pointed out!
Inconsistent to say the least.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:57 AM   #311
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Agan, Greenie and Kath seem fine to me. Sally might be worth keeping an eye on.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:58 AM   #312
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
It is easier for me to imagine them faking it, as opposed to misremembering it. They seem to be on top of stuff like that, regardless of role.~Izzy
Don't know about Eomer, but I do not always read carefully. One time I voted for SpM and he wasn't even a person in the village, and that was an honest mistake thinking he was actually a player...I think I ended up getting lynched too. Another time Nogrod had to throw one of my old sigs back into my face about "reading the entire thread," because I hadn't read the rules. And yet another time I got scolded by Mith, because she said "absolutely no coded messages," I kind of missed that part and left a coded message.

I seriously thought LRC was the cursed role, and had to be killed to be turned.

Would there be any hint in narrations if someone gets turned, because it would be very unbalanced if we are left in the dark of how many baddies we are up against?

Quote:
Boro. Your venting seemed to lack a sense of fire. Fizzled I think. o.O
Good, I didn't want to let it build to an explosion.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #313
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Mith.... now inferring the village won't have a chance without her? And Shasta gave his vote for her as well.
I'm inclined to do the same, but Kath....
Bit of a safe vote there Inziladun? Back nicely covered. You might win without me but there are better people to lynch.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #314
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Okay so I've read everyone's posts but Boro's (and okay I admit I didn't read phantom's posts very carefully, either) and I doubt I have time to do it today.

Guilty
Gwath. How serious was the suggestion that Boro was trying to pass Mira off as a gifted? The comment about Fea stealing his vote doesn't look good - like, he wants to make sure people don't think he's bandwagoning. I don't know, I can't put my finger on it properly, but I don't like it. Now he voted for Boro again because of that same Mira thing. Basically he's spoken a lot without really saying anything.

Izzy. Voted for Shasta because of saying unwise things to the BBW, and brought forward the possibility of him bluffing. She questioned Nerwen's suggestion that Boro & Eomer being confused points to their innocence, and said it's easier for her to imagine they were faking it. Also, the way she started her first proper post today looks somehow forced or too self-conscious: "Nienna and Lommy? I suppose better than losing gifteds."

Greenie. To be honest I was a little taken aback by her aggressiveness on day 1, she seemed to react pretty strongly to some minor comments. I don't understand why she found it weird that Lommy and I considered each other innocent - we're pretty good at reading each other as long as we don't let quarrelling cloud our vision. Also, she reacted quite strongly to Shasta's ordo claim, saying it was a wolfish thing to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
even if it was an honest reveal he might have been LRC.
Okay I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but to me that might have been LRC looks like Greenie is slipping she knows Shasta isn't.
Her flip-flopping on Cab and Shasta makes her look better though, if she's a wolf I'd expect her to keep pursuing them.

Lari. Why were you suspicious of Lommy on day 1? She suspects people (Boro & Mith) because of how they sound. That's pretty easy because that way she can get away without elaborating (except if she was suspecting me ). Apart from that there's nothing to go on.

Fea. Surprisingly quiet. I didn't like her day 1 vote which sounded over-explanatory, and Lommy's death could point at her being a wolf.

sally. I don't like her "tempted to lynch phantom just to see if he can be lynched on day 1" comment, it looks like she's sort of testing the ice to see how many people would be willing to lynch a player who's dangerous to the wolves if innocent. Also, I don't like her vote for me. Or, voting for someone on day 1 because of a weird feeling would be okay, but I don't like it that she continues with her suspicions today without even trying to explain them. It's such an easy way, as well as her suspicion of Eomer because the tone of his posts "looks wolfish". So sally care to elaborate about me?

Mira. Easy vote on day 1. Today she voted for Fea because she must be evil since no one has suspected her thus far. I understand she's busy but she's playing it too easy and needs some pressure put on her.

Innocent
Inziladun. Seems genuinely helpful and his opinions look innocentish. I'd imagine a newbie wolf to be tenser.
Eomer. I don't think he'd bluff about the Reddie thing (or would he? I've played just a couple of games with him), so it most likely points to his not being a wolf. Looks pretty innocentish anyway.
Kath. Her arguments look innocent and she comes across as genuine.

Neither
Mith. I keep flip-flopping on her. Her suggestions on day 1 looked really innocent. The way she went after Shasta (flip-flopping on whether she thought he was a wolf or an ordo) was weird, though. But I have a hard time seeing her as a baddie because then she would probably have read the description of Reddie in the rules more closely. I'm maybe a bit more inclined to think she's innocent, but I really don't know.
Cab. It's ages since I've last played with him but he seems to be louder than usual. He doesn't offer many opinions about players though. Cab what did you mean when you said you could see what Boro was trying to do with "this"? All in all there's too little serious material to go on.
Gaurcrist. Too little to go on.
Nerwen. There's surprisingly little to go on but she looks honest. She made a good point about Boro & Eomer's confusion about Reddie pointing to their innocence. If she was anyone but Nerwen, she'd be on the innocent list.
Shasta. Voted for Boro on light grounds, which could have got him lynched. I don't think the ordo comment was suspicious in itself but it's definitely dangerous in case he is/was really an ordo. If he had been a wolf from the start, he'd probably know when the deadline is, and I just wouldn't expect him to bluff that. I don't know what should be done with him now, though. The wolves probably tried him last night so it's possible he's a wolf now. He's been more talkative/substantial today than he was yesterday, but he also looks innocentish. Like, quite relaxed. And no I'm not angry with you!
Boro. Quite frankly I can't read him. I don't think a wolfish Boro would have got confused about the way Reddie is turned, though, and bluffing it doesn't seem like something he would have done. I must read his posts before saying anything definite though (not that I think it will help much).
phantom. I'm not able to figure him out so I leave him be for now.

I've been keeping an eye on the thread so technically I don't cross post with anyone, but I haven't paid much attention to what's been said.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #315
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mith...do you want to be lynched? If not, answer why?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #316
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Aganzir....I wasn't flipflopping I was considering possibilities... I don't KNOW which he is ...only the wolves know their fellows and I am not a wolf, but I think I am going to be lynched anyway Is it worth defending myself .... not for myself maybe?

I am spent, Ishall go with the sun.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #317
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Mith...do you want to be lynched? If not, answer why?
I refer you to the post I have just made. Anyway well done on getting rid of me - don't have to waste a night kill Mr Wolf.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #318
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I refer you to the post I have just made. Anyway well done on getting rid of me - don't have to waste a night kill Mr Wolf.~Mith
And this is it. I am trying to be serious and help you here, because usually we have very good rapport as innocents. I am innocent, that I know and if you are too, I don't want to lynch you. But that type of post is making it very difficult to convince me that you actually are innocent.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #319
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Current tally.

Lari -> Boro
Gaur -> Boro
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer
Gwath -> Boro
Izzy -> Mith
Shasta -> Mith
Inziladun -> Kath

So it's Mith 3, Boro 3, Eomer 2.

EDIT: X's since Mith at 316.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-22-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #320
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Am I missing something? What's with the emo-posting, Mith? I have the same number of votes as you - and don't forget they're retractable.

All is not lost!