The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #321
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I know I can't trust you at all Boromir. Not one single word.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #322
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Sorry, missed Shasta's vote. Well, same number as Boro anyway. And don't forget Hansel and Gretel. Plenty of permutations.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #323
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eomer, thank you, but I am running out of time one way or another and "I maun dree my weird".

Old 05-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #324
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Well I know I can't trust you at all Boromir. Not one single word.~Mith
Then my vote will stay, and I hope the rest of the village realizes that we know our habits quite well, and this is not the innocent Mith I have confidence in.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 AM   #325
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

No, I don't think I know you at all.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #326
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I think I understand you, Mith, but there's certainly an option for one day.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #327
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Am I missing something? What's with the emo-posting, Mith?
Seconded. I mean, we have more than half-an-hour to deadline, and I haven't voted yet.

Um... Mith, you seem to be suggesting you know something about Boro..?

EDIT: X'd since Mith at 321.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #328
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I don't want to vote Boro because he needs to redeem himself for the fail-kill last night.
Could someone translate to me what Shasta means with this because I simply don't get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
It was the reduced statistics not the not knowing if he had been turned.
Ah okay, I thought you were letting on him because you thought it was useless as we don't know if he's been turned and that sounded weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Now, it's fair enough to raise objections (and I never claimed it proved anything)... but I just don't like the way she shifts ground there.
Me neither. It looks like she's trying to make us doubt Eomer and Boro and ignore the things that make them look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Would there be any hint in narrations if someone gets turned, because it would be very unbalanced if we are left in the dark of how many baddies we are up against?
I agree. I know I complained that the game looked unbalanced against the baddies before it started, but well now it seems to be the opposite. It'd be great if there could be even some hint about the Reddie being turned.

I really don't know who to vote, I don't find any of those who have votes very suspicious. I'm considering Izzy who looks the worst to me but not sure yet. How many still to vote? 10?

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-22-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: xed since the beginning of the page
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #329
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nerwen, in game it is only suspicions. But don't use his claims of insight due to past acquaintace as a basis for accurate judgemnet of me.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #330
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

*yawns*

I hate the sound of my alarm. Hate it, hate it. But then if I liked it I wouldn't be awake for this vote, would I?

Tally anyone? I have no clue what's going on.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #331
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lari -> Boro
Gaur -> Boro
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer
Gwath -> Boro
Izzy -> Mith
Shasta -> Mith
Inziladun -> Kath

Mith 3, Boro 3, Eomer 2, Fea & Kath 1

Not voted: Nerwen, Eomer, Agan, Cab, Fea, Green, Mith, phantom
almost all of whom seem to be around
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #332
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Nerwen, in game it is only suspicions. But don't use his claims of insight due to past acquaintace as a basis for accurate judgemnet of me.
Wouldn't dream of it, but... you're making my head hurt, Mith.

Quote:
Eomer, thank you, but I am running out of time one way or another and "I maun dree my weird".
Look, I don't know what you're implying here, but... there isn't a role that dies after two Days. I double-checked.

EDIT:X'd since Mith.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #333
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Thanks, Agan.

*thinks about vote*
Old 05-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #334
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Can you believe two votes for me already tp? It's unheard of.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #335
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Nerwen, in game it is only suspicions. But don't use his claims of insight due to past acquaintace as a basis for accurate judgemnet of me.~Mith
I have no insight at all, I know absolutely nothing. I am trying to give you the same courtesy you have given me before and your response has been to throw it back in my face and call me a wolf.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:38 AM   #336
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Can you believe two votes for me already tp? It's unheard of.
I can believe it, laddie. You said earlier that I don't really want to hear more from you, but I do. I find I can't really trust you unless you act like Eomer of old. Not that I'm voting for you today, but you're not helping yourself for tomorrow.

And perhaps Mith doesn't know anything about Boro, but does know something about herself, but can't say anything about it.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:40 AM   #337
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm tempted to vote Lari and her whopping 1.5 posts per day. It would free her up for taking the rest of her vacation, and we might get lucky. I'm also considering Izzy because of the things I said way back on pg 6 on my village list.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #338
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I just can't believe both Boro and Mith are being honest, that looks far too ugly. But neither of them looks particularly suspicious apart from their going after each other.

edit: xed with phantom. I could vote Izzy too.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #339
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

For the moment–

++Izzy.

Because of what I said earlier... which I admit is pretty thin grounds for voting someone... but I can't work out what's going on with Mith and Boro, and I don't see Eomer as particularly vote-worthy.

I may still retract and vote one of the favourites. Depends on what happens between now and DL.

X'd since tp at 333.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #340
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++Izzy

I'd rather Boro or Mith didn't die today... But I'm here and can retract if that is for some reason needed.

Lari -> Boro
Gaur -> Boro
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer
Gwath -> Boro
Izzy -> Mith
Shasta -> Mith
Inziladun -> Kath
Nerwen -> Izzy
Agan -> Izzy

Mith 3, Boro 3, Izzy 2, Eomer 2, Fea & Kath 1

Not voted: Eomer, Cab, Fea, Green, Mith, phantom
Old 05-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #341
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
For once I'm almost at a loss of what to do here. I was leaning towards Mith, but now I'm starting to have my doubts.

And I only have 15 minutes to choose.

EDIT: crossed with Agan
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #342
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And perhaps Mith doesn't know anything about Boro, but does know something about herself, but can't say anything about it.~tp
I feel confident enough to say she would not be acting like this if she was innocent. To call me a wolf and fight back after attempts to help, her immediate jump on Izzy after Izzy voted for her. She made a plea for one more day, and I tried to test to see if she was sincere and her responses to me have failed to convince me.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #343
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I'm inclined to think Boro innocentish so I'd rather not see him go - but then, I'm not sure I'd like to vote Mith or Eomer either. There are sure to be better candidates!

EDIT: x-ed with Agan, McCaber and Boro
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #344
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Since Shasta is off the cards I'd gladly go for Izzy. Her lists are faux helpful and her vote for me completely unfounded.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #345
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So, what do the rest of you think? Figure Mith might be a lover who can't say so because of rules? And perhaps the way she's treated Boro and I uncharacteristically (even saying "I hate you" to me) might be her way of letting us know that she guessed the two of us as her lover and it didn't work out.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #346
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

No. We solve this today. You either trust me and go for Mith, or get rid of me.

We do not turn this into a bandwagon against some other random person.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #347
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Izzy? I'm not convinced about her either. How many still to vote? What are you planning to do? I wouldn't like to cast a throwaway vote.

EDIT: x-ed since my last
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #348
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Well, Lari would be a fair option. I'm also happy voting Shasta.

The Eomer of old? The one who blabbered non-stop? Who annoyed everyone? Who never made it past Day 3 because of his tendency to acquire enemies?

Changed days indeed.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #349
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

No the gilt came of the gingerbread. I am fed up with being made a monkey of by people I thought were my friends. That was due to the football thing..if someone is annoyed don't poke then with a stick.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #350
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
The Eomer of old? The one who blabbered non-stop? Who annoyed everyone? Who never made it past Day 3 because of his tendency to acquire enemies?
Ha ha! Yes, that one!

And I see now that Boro is set on getting Mith lynched right now today and will not settle for anything else?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:52 AM   #351
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++Izzy

Old 05-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #352
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Well, Lari would be a fair option. I'm also happy voting Shasta.
Lari is a complete shot in the dark, I would prefer not voting her. Shasta? I don't know, I've flip-flopped about him so much and I no longer know what to think about him.

EDIT: x-ed with phantom and Mith
Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #353
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I guess it's

Mith, Boro, Izzy 3
Eomer 2
Fea, Kath 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaagh I hate werewolf!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #354
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lari -> Boro
Gaur -> Boro
Kath -> Eomer
Mira -> Fea
Boro -> Mith
Sally -> Eomer
Gwath -> Boro
Izzy -> Mith
Shasta -> Mith
Inziladun -> Kath
Nerwen -> Izzy
Agan -> Izzy
Mith -> Izzy

Mith 3, Boro 3, Izzy 3, Eomer 2, Fea & Kath 1

Not voted: Eomer, Cab, Fea, Green, phantom

Izzy is leading right now.
Of course there's the Hansel & Gretel factor to consider but we can't do much about it.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-22-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: xed with Green
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #355
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I am fed up with being made a monkey of by people I thought were my friends. That was due to the football thing..if someone is annoyed don't poke then with a stick.
The football thing? You mean being nominated to be on the team? I seem to recall you were happy about being picked as goalie last year. It's supposed to be an honor. And if you don't want to be on the team, it's a fun opportunity to decline and then we can write some sort of sports article entitled "Star GK Announces Retirement, TIG Desperate For Replacement". How is it even possible to be upset about being nominated for a team that many people would like to be on?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #356
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I have nothing on Izzy, I don't know about Mith, and I don't suspect Boro. This is not nice.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #357
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And I see now that Boro is set on getting Mith lynched right now today and will not settle for anything else?
Apparently. What is with these guys?

Boro, do you know something about Mith?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #358
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And if some innocent gets lynched because of you tp, or you Eomer, then I am immediately coming after you the next day.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #359
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So why not Shasta, again?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #360
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
The football thing? You mean being nominated to be on the team? I seem to recall you were happy about being picked as goalie last year. It's supposed to be an honor. And if you don't want to be on the team, it's a fun opportunity to decline and then we can write some sort of sports article entitled "Star GK Announces Retirement, TIG Desperate For Replacement". How is it even possible to be upset about being nominated for a team that many people would like to be on?
You talk football at a time like this?