The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #361
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Hm, I thought you had played more, Pitchwife. Another question, then - does anyone have a strong opinion on Pitchwife, in general?
*shrugs* Not yet. He's being pretty non-committal himself...

And yeah, he came across like an old hand in his first game.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #362
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon

So Hakon 4, Mira, Morm and Rikae 1

And to Nerwen: why is not lynching doomed Fea mean that we lynch Hakon? He is leading at the moment but its still about 4 and a half hours before deadline. Out of the 20(ish21 if you count Fea still) people playing we've had 7 vote. I'm not sure if Fea is even going to vote. So that means not even half of the people have voted. At the moment 4 votes doesn't mean he's dead.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #363
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, well, it's day one again. I can't see anybody who is actually suspicious. For a change, why don't you baddies try to be a bit more obvious?

Eh, whatever, a list:

Alona: don't like her vote.
Autume: not comfortable with her.
Brinn: morm had a very good point against her, but her defense looked honest.
Durelin: feels clean and knows what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.
Fea: rode to ruin and the world's ending.
Form: acted almost too Form-stereotypical in his one post.
Hakon: all over the place and probably innocent.
Inzy: not comfortable with him, but can't point to it.
Lari: feels good.
Lommy: not here.
Mira: innocent?
morm: bad vote, good conscience.
Nerwen: feels good, which probably means she's evil.
Nessa: innocent-ish.
Nienna: the little she posted looks ok.
Pitchwife: Rikae's points against him are the best I've seen so far, and that says it all.
Rikae: all over the place and probably innocent.*
Sally: bad vote, good conscience.
Shasta: ?
phantom: one is tempted to tune him out. I will look at him eventually if we both keep on staying alive.

*If I'm dead toMorrow, then evil Rikae has killed me for giving her the same comment as Hakon.

Anyway, this Hakon-waggon is getting out of hands. Who do you think we should put on the rails instead?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #364
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I ♥ Lari. I hope you're here at the DL so I can get up-to-date voting tallies. Instead of trolling through pages to get all the votes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #365
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I can't promise I will be here (long and complicated) but I can keep up to date counts before I go.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #366
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
And to Nerwen: why is not lynching doomed Fea mean that we lynch Hakon? He is leading at the moment but its still about 4 and a half hours before deadline. Out of the 20(ish21 if you count Fea still) people playing we've had 7 vote. I'm not sure if Fea is even going to vote. So that means not even half of the people have voted. At the moment 4 votes doesn't mean he's dead.
Okay, I was exaggerating. I think you'll agree he's well ahead of the field, though?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #367
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
*groans in pain*

You know, when I started catching up on this thread--apparently a loooong time ago--there were still only 9 pages.

This is page 10.

This is ridiculous.

For once, I have to confess, I'm glad it's Day 1, because that means it's lacking substance, for the most part, and I didn't have read it in-depth--though, given the lack of substance, I think I still got most of it anyway.

Two quick thoughts:

First, regarding the Fea-Waggon, I will submit to the village that this is patent nonsense. If, perchance, Fea is a wolf, then why bother voting for her? We should try and take out a second baddie (Wolf, Bear, Cobbler) while we're at it. If Fea is a villager, then we definitely want to try and take out a Baddie, since the village is already facing a probable two deaths tonight. And if Fea's a Gifted... well... that's really bad--but again, we still want to try and take out a Wolf.

I realise, for those older players who remember (or the younger ones who may have read back), that this may seem a trifle anti-Formendacil in style, since it makes it sound like I think we have a good chance of catching a baddie on Day 1. We don't--let me make that clear--or, rather, we have exactly as much a chance as usual. I continue to aver, as I always have, that we're grossly unlikely to reason our way to finding a Wolf (or Bear, for that matter) on Day 1, but the stats show that Fenris lynches are not impossible, so we may as well at least try for one of those. Also, to emphasize the often forgotten second half of my anti-Day 1 thesis: "Day 1s are useless to analyse on Day 1." My point being that we'll be wanting a voting record tomorrow to analyze, and voting for Fea is an abdication of that, every bit as much as No Voting, but with the psychological pretension that it's an actual vote.

My second thought regards Hakon. I more or less agree (bearing in mind that I skim read a page or two of this thread...) with everything Rikae said in argument against his plots and schemes, but he is the spitting image of the "All-Too-Easy Day 1 Scapegoat" vote... who might be a newbie in some games, or just too noisy... or too quiet... or too easy... or whatever... in others. He's rubbed me enough the wrong way with his suggestions that I can't honestly say he seems a village asset, but that has all the hallmarks of a Village Ordo.

More anon... I haven't had lunch, my cold has not been helped by getting to bed ridiculously late last night (see my previous post), and my brain hurts.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #368
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Okay, I was exaggerating. I think you'll agree he's well ahead of the field, though?
He is, but still we've had less than half vote. Unless everyone votes for an entirely different person 4 votes isn't going to mean death. Yet. And this is assuming that everyone actually votes, that there are no "no votes" and such.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-13-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: x-posted with Form
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #369
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I ♥ alona, I ♥ tum, I ♥ Brinn, I ♥ Durelin, I ♥ Fea, I ♥ Hakon, I ♥ Dun, I ♥ Lommy. I ♥ Mac. I ♥ Mira. I ♥ morm, I ♥ Nerwen, I ♥ Nessa, I ♥ Nienna, I ♥ Pitch, I ♥ Rikae, I ♥ sally, I ♥ Shasta, I ♥ tp.

Missing anyone? Nope don't think so.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #370
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hm, I for one don't intend to vote for Hakon. I actually don't think he would have probably kept defending his theory so tenaciously if he were evil.

Oh yeah, and I probably won't let my self-vote stand, either. In fact, I might as well be prepared:

--Rikae
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #371
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Have to say this - Arguing that a Fea-vote is no different from a No-vote is completely pointless, considering that a person can certainly think a No-vote is just as ridiculous...except of course if used as a last minute tool.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #372
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I ♥ alona, I ♥ tum, I ♥ Brinn, I ♥ Durelin, I ♥ Fea, I ♥ Hakon, I ♥ Dun, I ♥ Lommy. I ♥ Mac. I ♥ Mira. I ♥ morm, I ♥ Nerwen, I ♥ Nessa, I ♥ Nienna, I ♥ Pitch, I ♥ Rikae, I ♥ sally, I ♥ Shasta, I ♥ tp.

Shall I assume that Celibateman is strictly off-limits, even for you?

*too lazy to look for anyone else who might be missing*

*seriously going to grab supper now*
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #373
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I ♥ Form aka celibateman.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #374
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Have to say this - Arguing that a Fea-vote is no different from a No-vote is completely pointless, considering that a person can certainly think a No-vote is just as ridiculous...except of course if used as a last minute tool.
Well, as a matter of fact I do think a No-vote is ridiculous--even in Day 1 circumstances where I don't honestly suspect anyone and would feel too tender to lynch anybody. It's just... unsporting.

Doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

Rikae's de-vote for herself reminds me that I voted for Mira last night, and said I'd probably not actually vote for her in the end. Since I'll be here, on and off at least, if not right here, for the rest of the Day, I think I can safely say I won't need it anymore. Since my first post, Mira has been delightfully under-contributive in adding more to the ridiculous length of this thread--my original grounds for voting.

--Mirandir

I do not promise, of course, that I won't vote for her again.

*has supper beside him, but hasn't touched it*

EDIT: Crossed with Boro and fixed tags.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #375
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

I was going to say Form, but he already did.

And I would say me, but I got my own post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #376
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

You'll never guess what I'm eating right now...it's the only thing I have left to eat actually.

<<Really needs to go to the store.

So, with that I shall dine and observe the remaining hours. You surely don't want some italicized voice being a distraction with only 4 hours remaining.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #377
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Well, as a matter of fact I do think a No-vote is ridiculous--even in Day 1 circumstances where I don't honestly suspect anyone and would feel too tender to lynch anybody. It's just... unsporting.
Unsporting and an easy way out...which I guess is the same thing. Was what I was saying in a roundabout way.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #378
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*sigh* more update votes.

Rikae--> Rikae
Form--> Mira
Morm--> Hakon
Alona--> Hakon
Sally--> Hakon
Brinn--> Morm
Autume--> Hakon
--Rikae---Rikae
--Form---Mira

So Hakon 4 and that's it.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #379
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
And morm 1.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #380
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Who do you think we should put on the rails instead?
*ahem*
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #381
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #382
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
All those who liked the vote-for-Fea idea are on my naughty list.
I think you disagree with the idea just because I don't. If I had fought strongly against it you'd be more open minded.

But seriously, you and Form- I assume you caught the part where I said lynching Fea wasn't our best option, but that she would be useful as a vote dumping ground should our first choice prove disasterous.

That's why I wouldn't mind seeing a couple people vote for her. That way if Hakon is about dead and comes in and says, "No, I'm the Hunter!" and is believable, we will be in a position where we can easily elevate the already dead Fea at the last minute rather than having to search for another candidate (and possibly have that one be an even worse choice).

So I'm not saying lynch her- I'm saying I wouldn't be suspicious if people were to toss a couple votes that way, and that it may even be a good risk management move. And if I recall Brin also didn't actually advise us to lynch her.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #383
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oops.

Mac, I'd consider Pitchwife, possibly, or autume...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #384
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

That takes the lack of content on Day 1's a bit far doesn't it?

edit: apparently, you can't make empty quotes...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #385
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Maybe Nienna, though it doesn't seem fair if she's not around.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #386
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Pitchwife hasn't been suspicious and is new (to me), so I'm not voting for him.

Plus he talks.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #387
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't like Autume right now. She just votes for me without a good reason. She was just jumping on the bandwagon in my opinion. At least she can still retract that vote although I doubt she will.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #388
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
For some reason that reminded me of an old song....

A little bit of Dury in my life
A little bit of Lommy by my side
A little bit of Nerwen's all I need
A little bit of Lari's what I see....

*laughs*
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #389
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
For some reason that reminded me of an old song....

A little bit of Dury in my life
A little bit of Lommy by my side
A little bit of Nerwen's all I need
A little bit of Lari's what I see....

*laughs*
*spits out jello* I'm going to have that stuck in my head for days now.

Oh right, yes...supposed to be observing *goes back*
Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #390
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Who do you think we should put on the rails instead?
Good question, actually... though, this being Day 1, there's no good answer until we've had a few days of hindsight. Going strictly from tradition, it would be safe to say--for myself--I'd be most comfortable voting off someone I don't generally trust most games, and have a higher success rate of not missing.

Shasta would be a prime candidate. I'm not sure if we've played together more than twice, but the the two times I remember, he didn't sit right with me, and--though not bad (well, okay, Cobblers are *technically* bad)--would have at least made those games less confusing.

Lari's impressive track record of winning and surviving games is temptation in and of itself for voting, with a lack of a real candidate. One certainly cannot say of her that she deserves the phantom's "Day 1 newbie pass." Of course, the Grimoire would also suggest she's a non-Ordo, which means we'd be shooting 50/50 for a Gifted or Baddie.

Brinn is the archetypal silent killer. If I were to peg anyone being the Bear on mental associations of little grounding, I'd dress her in fur and hand her a salmon.

Of course, you all realise those are utterly spurious reasons to vote for someone. Really, the votes for Hakon--though my gut tells me he's innocent--are no worse, and potentially better.

Morm, Rikae, and the phantom, though I have a history of not trusting them on Days 2,3, and on (if I haven't died by that point) are too useful if innocent to kill on Day 1, and too suspicious after Day 1 to worry that they'll get away scot-free if they're evil. So they're off my potential lynch-list. Nienna is also off my potential lynch-list out of a left-over sense of chivalry from last game, but if she's seriously going to vote for Fea, she should watch out tomorrow, because that utterly smacks of wolvery. I also feel sorry for Sally, get Fenris'd last game, and she's fun to have around--even if bare-faced guilty--so she's also free of my Day 1 vote.

Other than that... no random Day 1 impressions yet that are coming to mind, so no reason to list anyone here pro or con, but I can gladly make something up or dredge the lower waters if you feel slighted by being under my Day 1 radar.

*was half-finished supper before he came back to this thread...*
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #391
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I think you disagree with the idea just because I don't. If I had fought strongly against it you'd be more open minded.

But seriously, you and Form- I assume you caught the part where I said lynching Fea wasn't our best option, but that she would be useful as a vote dumping ground should our first choice prove disastrous.

That's why I wouldn't mind seeing a couple people vote for her. That way if Hakon is about dead and comes in and says, "No, I'm the Hunter!" and is believable, we will be in a position where we can easily elevate the already dead Fea at the last minute rather than having to search for another candidate (and possibly have that one be an even worse choice).

So I'm not saying lynch her- I'm saying I wouldn't be suspicious if people were to toss a couple votes that way, and that it may even be a good risk management move. And if I recall Brin also didn't actually advise us to lynch her.
Actually--sorry to bruise your ego, phantom dear--but I totally missed that you were in favour (albeit in a moderated defensible manner) of possibly voting Fea. Not that disagreement with you isn't good enough reason to disagree in and of itself.

Your argument--the potential Hakon the Hunter argument--is good, but it strikes me, at least, as unlikely. Unnecessary, too, if we actually have a second bandwaggon competing with the Hakon-waggon, where only one or two votes need to be dumped to shift the balance. Granted, that hasn't shaped up yet, but we've still got over three hours, so I'm not much worried yet.

*has had one bite of supper since his last post. Lucky that it's a cold supper, I guess*
Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #392
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Alright, I'm here. I have six pages to read, but I want to get my vote in right now because I have no idea when the deadline is.

++Pitchwife

Reason - his first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Hi everybody, just got up and finished reading through the early morning pages. Doesn't look like I've missed anything of substance, except for discussion of the phantom's little strategy paper, which I need some time to think about. Unfortunately, I'm a bit in a hurry right now and must be off to work, but I'll be back with you shortly after the middle of the Day.
About phantom's proposal to the Bear to join forces against the wolves with us - might work for a time, but if Tame-Eye wants to win, he'll have to turn on us sooner or later, and vice-versa. The same applies to him joining the wolves against us, of course. Reminds me of the old saying: Do not attempt to treat with bears, for you are juicy and good with honey!
Translation - "No, Bear, don't join the innocents against me and my wolf friends, plzkthx."
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #393
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
This is to announce that I won't be able to be around much longer toDay. DL is 5am for me, I've got an appointment in the morning and must get some sleep. Just so you know.

Durelin, pleased to meet you, and sorry for forgetting you in my list, but you hadn't posted then. And I'm glad Form is with us now - talking sober sense, as is his wont.

So I've got to start considering my vote. At the moment, I think it's going to be one of the Hakon-wainriders - but which one?
morm started the whole thing, but has been sound in everything else he said.
alona second, after saying that Hakon would be more quiet as a bear or wolf; also said the surveys suggestion felt weird, after speculating how the surveys may have influenced role-assignment in the same post.
Sally third, but maybe she was just being capricious.
autume fourth, without giving any reason that I can see, after saying earlier that she's suspicious of tp and Rikae (OK, that was in answer to Rikae's question about feelings, I think).
So - ???
Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #394
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Alright, I'm here. I have six pages to read, but I want to get my vote in right now because I have no idea when the deadline is.

++Pitchwife

Reason - his first post.

Translation - "No, Bear, don't join the innocents against me and my wolf friends, plzkthx."
The deadline is 11 pm EST. Also good point about Pitchwife.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #395
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
11 pm...you have a little more than 3 hours.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #396
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Thumbs up

That settles it for me. Shasta is a wolf-voting machine (he votes for wolves even when he doesn'twant to). I don't agree with his reasons, but as I have reasons of my own and Shasta is psychic (and therefore doesn't need reasons) I'm pretty much sure Pitchwife gets my vote.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #397
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Is that seriously your reasoning for voting Pitchwife? Other people displayed that same exact attitude far more than he did, so I have trouble believing that's your criteria.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #398
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Actually, though, the way Hakon's latching on to the Pitchwife suggestion and trying to fuel it is a bit odd. I mean, sure, he wants to save himself, but it has such an appearance of going along with the first case that looks like it might go somewhere... I have a bad feeling about it.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #399
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

My indecisiveness is really getting out of hand lately - just look at the last game I played. I guess it comes of living with a Libra - it's contagious.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #400
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Not surprisingly, you think too highly of yourself and your impact on others. You can check my track-record on this sort of thing if you want to look through games. Doesn't matter what I am, I have standards.

Quote:
But seriously, you and Form- I assume you caught the part where I said lynching Fea wasn't our best option, but that she would be useful as a vote dumping ground should our first choice prove disasterous.
And who is going to volunteer to waste their vote for the *possible* good of the village? I like it when people vote for who they are actually suspicious of in some fashion...or are forced to make it seem that way. Also, simply saving our daily (they are still daily, right?) retractions will do the same thing. If a gifted ends up on the lynching block toDay and reveals, I suppose we can all retract and vote Fea but I'd rather be sportier and just go for the next highest vote. Get no satisfaction from lynching a mod-fire.

Quote:
And if I recall Brin also didn't actually advise us to lynch her.
And your point is 'great minds think alike' or something along those lines? Note I called it the 'vote-for-Fea' idea, not 'lynch Fea' idea.

Yes, I always take any bait to argue with anyone...

Lessee...at this point I could vote for phantom, Nessa, Nienna, Brinn...will be making up my mind soon. I guess I'd better look at Pitchwife first as he's the latest target. Also pleased to meet you.

There are too many people in this game I've never played with. Actually that's rather a nice change...no offense... Really there's too many people in this game period...forgot Shasta was playing...well, and Lommy but she hasn't posted of course...