The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #41
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch- what is it in particular that you dislike about this party? So much so that you are feeling suicidal?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #42
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, sorry, I was just talking nonsense, wasn't I?

Hakon, I think you're absolutely right. The phantom is clearly gifted, we shall kill him toNight. Thank you for your help.

Ahem. I think that many of our illustrious companions are of the decided opinion that last-minute voting stampedes can be thought of, in certain circumstances including those in which a werewolf game is assigned a roman numeral, that is, designated as game number such-and-so, respectively, as the case may be, one of the highlights (or perhaps even the ultimate expression of) that which our friends a little-further-over-the-pond might refer to as the Werwolfspiel. In the event that this scenario I have so concisely outlined should be in all actuality the case, advocates of a chronologically challenged artificial deadline may find themselves faced with a task of unexpected difficulty in their (or his and her) efforts to obtain a general consensus that said deadline, which both exists and does not exist and is therefore haunted with its own spiritus or Geist (depending on whether the nature of a deadline can be better likened to that of air or fire respectively), shall be, as it were, both implemented and not-implemented.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #43
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I think it is cause Morm fears the Phantom and I think Phantom would make an awesome werewolf.
Hakon, this is laughable. I'm sure many do fear him, I however do not and he would state as much too. Nay, when I said it I wasn't playing, at least I didn't think I was going to be admitted, so it was simple advice. It is still good solid advice. Lynch him on day 1 and you eliminate needless headaches. But now I think I will target you as my main candidate if for no other reason than you think I was afraid of the phantom...good ole tummy and me go way back to the beginning on this stuff so it really is almost insulting that you would say that
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
A list before I decide to go off and do something instead of checking if this is updated every few seconds.

Mira: As been stated, posted first. Is asleep and possibly not around. She is entertaining not to be lynched on Day 1.

Fea: Went to bed as well. She generally gets lynched on Day 3 though.

Hakon: Has been posting as well.

Lari: Can not remember every person she has met and fails at spelling and lists. Obviously fails.

Candor Man: Needs nothing to be said about him. Came up with some interesting(and hopefully will be followed) suggestions.

Rikae: Votes for herself...sorry I suck with lists!

Alona: Is posting. Very suspicious.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 08-12-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: x-posted since last post.
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #45
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
.erehT

.aeF gnieb rof aeF

.flesreh gnitov rof eakiR

.si ti ohw gnillet ton neht tub ,eiddab a swonk eh gnimialc rof nokaH

.sdetfig eht part ot gniyrt ylbissop rof motnahp

.nosaer on rof motnahp hcnyl ot gnitnaw rof morM

?edih ot gnihtemoS .ecnatsbus on ,gniretnab hcum oot ,repyh oot :ariM dna iraL

: (redro ralucitrap on ni) stcepsus pot tnerruc yM

.63# ta eakiR ecnis d'X:TIDE
.opyt detcerroc :2 EDIT

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-12-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #46
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I think it is cause Morm fears the Phantom and I think Phantom would make an awesome werewolf. He does have awesomeness. That was my response to Lari's post, had to point it out since there are now some posts in between and I am too lazy to quote.
I will be the first to admit that I put phantom down as one of the person that I feared in my survey. From what I've heard, he'd be an awesome baddie - or a quite amusing gifted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
SO I FAIL WITH THIS LIST THING. And I didn't forget...I just...oh look shinny!
*shakes head* Really, Lari?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #47
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
And morm said to lynch phantom first because his sheer awesomeness tends to override any logic that might come into play when playing Werewolf.
That's not why he said it. So why should we lynch phantom?

Because, unlike other phantoms, he can speak with a Nebraskan accent.

Quote:
And I have talked on the phone with Sally
Which failed rather epically, really. I felt kind of bad, because we'd say hello and then hang up again, so we never really got to talk. Rubbish.

Erm, I mean....your mom's talked on the phone with Sally.

(Also, Tum and I went to high school together and I've met Phantom a couple times since we only live a couple hours away from each other. I've talked to Shasta on the phone several times, got jelly babies from Mistress Mith, texted Nilp who knows how many times, and I lived with Mnemo last semester in college. Oh, and Agan, et. al. and Formie sent me a rather lovely letter this summer, bless them. I've also exchanged Christmas cards with a bunch of Downers and sent Kath (and Brinn, if I ever get around to buying a stamp) a card for her birthday, which Phantom-

GET ON WITH IT!

....never mind. You get the idea.)

Quote:
SO I FAIL WITH THIS LIST THING. And I didn't forget...I just...oh look shiny!
I didn't know you were a magpie too!

I'll be here for probably another couple hours then I need to go to bed. On that note, busy day tomorrow so I'll be voting early (or not at all, though I'd really like to, but it all depends) because I likely won't have internet all evening because I'll be at a friend's going away party.

EDIT: x'd with....wow, like everyone!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #48
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Ahem. I think that many of our illustrious companions are of the decided opinion that last-minute voting stampedes can be thought of, in certain circumstances including those in which a werewolf game is assigned a roman numeral, that is, designated as game number such-and-so, respectively, as the case may be, one of the highlights (or perhaps even the ultimate expression of) that which our friends a little-further-over-the-pond might refer to as the Werwolfspiel. In the event that this scenario I have so concisely outlined should be in all actuality the case, advocates of a chronologically challenged artificial deadline may find themselves faced with a task of unexpected difficulty in their (or his and her) efforts to obtain a general consensus that said deadline, which both exists and does not exist and is therefore haunted with its own spiritus or Geist (depending on whether the nature of a deadline can be better likened to that of air or fire respectively), shall be, as it were, both implemented and not-implemented.

!NIAP EHT !NIAP EHT

*gnitruh niarb*

.sopyt dexif :TIDE

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-13-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #49
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Let's see here...

I can't see casting away Butterfingers (Brin). Her destructive powers could be extremely useful, like if Dark Monarch builds some sort of death ray that needs to be mangled.

Leaf Man (Hakon) would be valuable in forest spy-type missions.

Hover Girl (Lari) could come in handy if there is a booby-trapped floor to get across.

Athlete's Foot Man (Morm) would be very handy in survival situations with his ability to produce something edible from nothing.

If they start looking shifty, then naturally I'll change my position, but for now I'd like to keep these folks out of the noose. And actually, speaking of noose... how exactly are we going to do away with our daily selections? I don't think we even have a rope handy, and it doesn't appear that any of you are the weapon-toting superhero types.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #50
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Heh... fair enough.

EDIT: X'd with tp, replying to newreN.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #51
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
.erehT

.aeF gnieb rof aeF

: (redro ralucitrap on ni) stcepsus pot tnerruc mY

.'yM' naem uoy kniht I tuB .evisserpmi ytterP

Back to sanity, are we really suspecting people for banter less than two hours into the game? Really?

EDIT: Holy cow, the thread got busy. X'd like mad again!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #52
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
.erehT

.aeF gnieb rof aeF

: (redro ralucitrap on ni) stcepsus pot tnerruc mY

Okay, one more post like this and my vote will automatically and unendingly go towards Nerwen until she is lynched...either that or I will skip reading any and all of her posts.

Tummy, whatever did you feed these young-uns to make them pander to you so? You, to be sure, are eating it up, but when I read it anything I have just eaten up wants to come back up. Gah!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #53
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:

!NAIP EHT !NAIP EHT

*gnitruh niarb*
This kind of caused me more pain to read than Rikae's paragraph...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #54
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I would, have to third, the not liking the backwards writing. However...it also doesn't look that weird to me.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #55
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
I would, have to third, the not liking the backwards writing. However...it also doesn't look that weird to me.
That's because you're weirdly (sort of) dyslexic. And have super powers.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #56
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverser (Nerwen)
Explain please. And do it forward. You've proven you can type backwards (though you made a couple of errors dearie), but as I have expressed no great talent at reading your chosen method of communication, perhaps you could shift for a bit out of consideration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlete's Foot Man (Morm)
Tummy, whatever did you feed these young-uns to make them pander to you so?
I suspect they've read every game I've ever played in. If they did so, their behavior is to be expected.

Ordinarily I would have answered, "I dunno", but Candor Man does not dance around questions. He may refuse to answer, but he does not deceive.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #57
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
.'yM' naem uoy kniht I tuB .evisserpmi ytterP
.em tcartsid t'ndluow uoy fi ti etaicerppa d'I oS .skool ti sa ysae sa ton si siht tub ,edur eb ot naem t'nod I ,kooL
Old 08-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #58
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
.em tcartsid t'ndluow uoy fi ti etaicerppa d'I oS .skool ti sa ysae sa ton si siht tub ,edur eb ot naem t'nod I ,kooL
Seriously, Newen, could you please stop? I know how hard it is - I tried typing backwards, too, and sort of failed. But I like to read over everyone's post. Any future posts of yours I'm considering just skipping over...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #59
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

.wonk I ,em eveileb dnA .hguone riaF

!ysae siht dnif I ?gniddik I ma ohW

(That last bit was nearly very awkward. I'm tired and it looked quite wrong for a moment.)

Perhaps, if you spell things backwards, you could also type it the right way if it's important, for the people who don't have the skill of gnitirw sdrawkcab. Just a thought.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-12-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: accidentally erased a word. whoops!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #60
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Seriously, Newen, could you please stop? I know how hard it is - I tried typing backwards, too, and sort of failed. But I like to read over everyone's post. Any future posts of yours I'm considering just skipping over...
!yakO ,yakO

Er... I mean, okay, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Explain please.
I refer to your post where you ask the gifteds to leave hints.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #61
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Quotes Girl (Sally)
Because, unlike other phantoms, he can speak with a Nebraskan accent.
Seeing as an "Omaha accent" is basically the lack of an accent, that hardly seems like a compliment.

¿ʇǝʎ doʇs oʇ ʎpɐǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ 'uǝʍɹǝu 'os
Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #62
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
This kind of caused me more pain to read than Rikae's paragraph...
"!NIAP EHT !NIAP EHT" ,daer evah dluohs ti yllautcA

.opyt :TIDE

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-13-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #63
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverser
I refer to your post where you ask the gifteds to leave hints.
So, are you saying they shouldn't?

I specifically told them to leave codes that could only be pointed out, not actually seen by reading (in other words, very very low risk- no risk if they do it right). The clues would be to prove their identities should it be necessary come lynch time (or to challenge a false claim).

That is a good idea, and not a trap. So says Candor Man.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #64
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
How did you do that?

EDIT:X'd with tp.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #65
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Seeing as an "Omaha accent" is basically the lack of an accent, that hardly seems like a compliment.

All right, Duck Whisperer, hand it over. How'd you do that?

(And I know. I don't have one either, but it fit the quote so )
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #66
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

How did I do that? Well...

ǝdʎʇ noʎ ǝlıɥʍ pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ uo puɐʇs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ

Okay, actually not. I cannot lie. That is not how I did it. But I choose to not answer the question.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #67
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I have a feeling this is going to be really interesting come tomorrow morning. In the meantime I'm going to go to bed since I have to go to work tomorrrow morning.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #68
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
How did I do that? Well...

ǝdʎʇ noʎ ǝlıɥʍ pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ uo puɐʇs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ

Okay, actually not. I cannot lie. That is not how I did it. But I choose to not answer the question.
But....but....but I'm too lazy to Google....

(Some weird font or something? Or....ah, foggit about it....)

Oh, and for Nerwen?

REDRUM, REDRUM
Old 08-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #69
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Don't highlight stuff that isn't voting. Boro will modfire for stuff like that I bet. Don't test him.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #70
alonariel
Wight

¿ʇǝɹɔǝs ɹnoʎ pǝɹǝʌoɔsıp ı ǝʌɐɥ 'ɯoʇuɐɥd
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #71
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Don't highlight stuff that isn't voting. Boro will modfire for stuff like that I bet. Don't test him.
?p nm tt m’ kT
Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #72
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Aye, but that's a gamble of long odds, ain't it? There's never a guarantee of coming back, but passing on, that's dead certain.

(Aka I'm probably going to die at some point anyway, so I may as well have my jollies. Besides, it added to the effect, so nyah.)

I need to sort through stuff, but for now, believe it or not, I think Hakon looks fishy. He seems too....eager, or something. Heck if I know, but it's off to me. And since I'm not evil this time I've no idea what he is, and that bothers me.

EDIT: x'd with Boro. What the heck is that?!
EDIT #2: Actually, I get it. Scary.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #73
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
?p nm tt m’ kT
?p naem taht m’I knihT

Can't figure out the last word...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #74
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

¡ʍouʞ ı ʍou 'ɥɐ
Old 08-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #75
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
!dm a er’ ea I w sp 5 t a et fi ,  r em n w I *ps  sg d y*
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #76
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
!dm a er’ ea I w sp 5 t a et fi ,  r em n w I *ps  sg d y*
Not tonight. I have a headache.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #77
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*has given up trying to figure out how to do the upside down text and our lovely Mod's symbols*
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #78
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So, are you saying they shouldn't?

I specifically told them to leave codes that could only be pointed out, not actually seen by reading (in other words, very very low risk- no risk if they do it right). The clues would be to prove their identities should it be necessary come lynch time (or to challenge a false claim).

That is a good idea, and not a trap. So says Candor Man.
This may not be a trap, but it is not a good idea. .resreveR eht syas oS

I mean, what's the point? Baddies can leave gifted clues too.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #79
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
*has given up trying to figure out how to do the upside down text and our lovely Mod's symbols*
Cuddlefish.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #80
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
We'll play hangman...give me a letter and I'll fill in the boxes.