The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #81
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Cuddlefish.
And what can be learned from our dear friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
We'll play hangman...give me a letter and I'll fill in the boxes.
R
Old 08-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #82
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
We'll play hangman...give me a letter and I'll fill in the boxes.
Well I've got most of it already (I really do have a headache, by the way, hence the going to bed 'early' and such) so I'll give you what I have. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
!dm a er’ ea I w sp 5 t a et fi ,  r em n w I *ps  sg d y*

Will not modfire for highlighting, but if something are not five posts something I something you're all modfired.

I think. But again, headache. Give me five minutes more for that lol.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #83
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
T
Old 08-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #84
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*has been here, in the shadows, the whole time, no really*

Also, lay off Nerwen. She said it was only a day one thing in the admin thread, stop complaining, thank you.

Also, it wouldn't be a werewolf game if I didn't jump on Phantom for something. Phantom, say something extremely arrogant and pigheaded so I can vote for you, 'kay?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #85
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Also, it wouldn't be a werewolf game if I didn't jump on Phantom for something. Phantom, say something extremely arrogant and pigheaded so I can vote for you, 'kay?
He's already posted a few times. I'm sure you can find something.

ETA: Sorry Boro! I haven't figured it all out though, so we can still play!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
T
sorry it's been mostly solved, it read "*yawns and goes to sleep* I will not modfire for highlighting, but if there are not 5 pages when I awake you're all modfired!" *passes out for a 3rd time*
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #87
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
sorry it's been mostly solved, it read "*yawns and goes to sleep* I will not modfire for highlighting, but if there are not 5 pages when I awake you're all modfired!" *passes out for a 3rd time*
Hey, you took my fun away.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #88
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So we need to get to 5 pages? Well we are at three
Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #89
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I think my favorite bit of this is that he's asking us to blab.

First to the finish then?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #90
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
You wanna make it 7 missy!?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #91
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
YOU CAN'T HANDLE SEVEN PAGES!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #92
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverser
This may not be a trap, but it is not a good idea. .resreveR eht syas oS

I mean, what's the point? Baddies can leave gifted clues too.
Then make them do it. Make them take the time to work out some code and work it into their posts. Make them expend the time and energy. Not to mention- how the heck can they know at this stage which gifted role they should prepare to false-reveal as? If they wanted to do it properly they'd have to have some sort of code for EVERY gifted role. Make them waste their time doing it!

Not to mention the fact that someone who actually has gifted markers to point to will be more believable than someone who says, "Um, I'm like, the Ranger. No, I haven't left clues. Just believe me." If they've left a trail from the get-go then they're either telling the truth or we at least gave the baddie extra work to do.

You've seen enough of these games to know how this works, dear. Remember Seer-Boro, who left clues, or White-Queen-Brin, or Hunter-Lari? The list goes on and on. It's always wise to be able to support a claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E (Shasta)
Phantom, say something extremely arrogant and pigheaded so I can vote for you, 'kay?
Candor Man is incapable of being prideful beyond fact. Any statement I make that seems complimentary will be true rather than arrogant. I am sorry to disappoint you, and hope that this does not ruin your game.

And by the way, I'm not sure that I entirely understand what your power is, sir. Are you always just... erm, unlit?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #93
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

He's always in the dark. A concept you should be familiar with, Phantom.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #94
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Not to mention the fact that someone who actually has gifted markers to point to will be more believable than someone who says, "Um, I'm like, the Ranger. No, I haven't left clues. Just believe me."
*coughBorocoughcougheveryonewhobelievedhimcoughcoughwheezeco ugh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
And by the way, I'm not sure that I entirely understand what your power is, sir. Are you always just... erm, unlit?
Appropriately ironic for a theatre major, no?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #95
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Also,

"Um, I'm like, the Ranger. No, I haven't left clues. Just believe me. Believe me because I'm Boromir88, dangit!"

Fixed that for you, Candor Man.

Edit: Fixed italics.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 AM   #96
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*snickers*
Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #97
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candor Man View Post
You've seen enough of these games to know how this works, dear. Remember Seer-Boro, who left clues, or White-Queen-Brin, or Hunter-Lari? The list goes on and on. It's always wise to be able to support a claim.
...to be fair, I don't think I ever left clues when I was the Hunter that I remember. When I was the Ranger though, I left a lot of clues. And one of them was off of what Shasta said.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #98
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
...to be fair, I don't think I ever left clues when I was the Hunter that I remember. When I was the Ranger though, I left a lot of clues. And one of them was off of what Shasta said.
I left clues as the Hunter once and no one believed me.

*slaps Shasta*

"I'm not sure I deserved that one."

Of course it could have been because my role wasn't supposed to exist, at least as far as everyone else knew, so no one would have believed me anyway.

*slaps Shasta again*

"I may have deserved that one."

And then of course once I died people believed me but had no idea what was going on and we all (and I mean all) lost despite my quite amazing performance with Fea.

*slaps Shasta again*

"That one I deserved."

~~~~~~~~

Phantom, I see your point, but baddies can also leave clues that seem legit and while I'm all for gifteds leaving hints about stuff I think that they'd be doing it anyway, so why bring it up when most people do it (at some level) anyway? I'm just sayin'.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #99
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hover Girl (Lari)
to be fair, I don't think I ever left clues when I was the Hunter that I remember. When I was the Ranger though, I left a lot of clues.
That was the time I was remembering. I said "Hunter" because one of your clues was that you were "the archer". But looking back I see that in that game your role was actually called "Strider", and your clue only worked due to the fact that there was no official Hunter of course.

Last edited by the phantom; 08-13-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: name
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #100
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
That was the time I was remembering. I said "Hunter" because one of your clues was that you were "the archer". But looking back I see that in that game your role was actually called "Strider", and your clue only worked due to the fact that there was no official Hunter of course.
Yes, that game.

This is my posting to try to get the number of pages up.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #101
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And Sally- you say they'll do it anyway, but they don't always do it. You know they don't. Sometimes the clues are too obvious (clues that you can figure out by reading without the aid of a code) and I have certainly seen occasions where clues are rather absent. I brought up the point in order to make it clear that I do NOT want to see any of that happen this time around. I want everything done as neatly as possible so as to increase the chances of victory. In a certain percentage of games following that guideline may not even help, but if one of those situations just happens to come up this time around, I want to be as prepared for it as possible.

So, unless you don't like the idea of an increased chance of hero victory, don't take issue with the advice, dearie.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #102
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Lari, weren't you hunter in my game as well?

EDIT: x'd with Phantom. What I meant was that if they were going to do it they'd do it anyway. If they weren't I don't think they'd take your advice (no offense) simply because you offered it. Stylistic choice, sweetie. And don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely, I just don't think some people work that way for some reason. Heck if I know.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #103
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Also, lay off Nerwen. She said it was only a day one thing in the admin thread, stop complaining, thank you.
.rotareneg tnof-esrever a gnidnif kcul on dah ev'I raf oS .reisae ti sekam ton ro ti eveileb hcihw ,desrever era sevlesmeht srettel eht neht tub –laer rof etirw-rorrim nac I .detcepxe I naht redrah siht gnidnif m'I esuaceb ,tser a ti evig thgim I ,revewoH

!oreh yM

Quote:
Phantom, I see your point, but baddies can also leave clues that seem legit and while I'm all for gifteds leaving hints about stuff I think that they'd be doing it anyway, so why bring it up when most people do it (at some level) anyway? I'm just sayin'.
Exactly. And half the time it does them no good whatever.

EDIT:X'd since Sally at 101.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*giggles at Nerwen*

That's a rather awesome talent, my dear. I can do your 'power' for real, though it's easier when I'm typing. (No, I'm not dyslexic, I'm just good with words and stuff like that. Random fact? I used to read backward on purpose at school so I would read slower and didn't look like a dork for finishing before everyone else. Now that's hard to manage, because of course your brain wants to process things the correct way.)

And unfortunately you're right. If the baddies want to fake (or discredit) a reveal bad enough they'll find a way to do it and there's nothing the gifted in question can do about it. Though I'm not opposed to them (the gifted, that is, of course) trying.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #105
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Quote Girl (Sally)
What I meant was that if they were going to do it they'd do it anyway.
But I'm telling them to maybe not do it the way they originally thought of doing it. Don't leave hints... leave a coded message that will not be found, but can be pointed out. Unless of course you don't mind the baddies finding you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Quote Girl
If they weren't I don't think they'd take your advice (no offense) simply because you offered it.
If they purposefully choose not to do something that may prove beneficial, that's their problem. That's not going to stop me from saying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverser
Exactly. And half the time it does them no good whatever.
I already addressed that. Just because it doesn't do any good sometimes doesn't mean it never does any good. Why not improve the odds? Seriously. The fact that anyone has a problem with this idea is silly.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oi, don't look at me. I'm trying to fill pages. Don't wanna die on Day One again.

You're not going to change people's playing styles just by suggestion, but you're right; it doesn't hurt to try. The problem is that if you leave a code and you die, the code dies with you. Leave obscure enough hints and maybe someone (although as you mentioned you run the risk of it being the wrong someone) will hopefully be able to figure it out even after you're gone.

Not arguing, really, just pointing out things. And for the record I already had a plan worked out for if I was gifted. Alas, it's gone to waste.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #107
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ Girl
The problem is that if you leave a code and you die, the code dies with you. Leave obscure enough hints and maybe someone (although as you mentioned you run the risk of it being the wrong someone) will hopefully be able to figure it out even after you're gone.
Only the Seer needs to worry much about hinting us in his posts after he's gone. A code is for the purpose of identity proof, not revealing Seer dreams. The Seer will need to make his own decisions on what to say. My advice has nothing to do with leaving behind dream clues.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You can do it. You can do it all night long....

Unfortunately I can't. I need to get to bed sooner rather than later, so I'll hang around a bit longer but then I'm gone.

(And in my defense I think I saw that movie on a band trip so I had no choice.)
Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #109
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Only the Seer needs to worry much about hinting us in their posts after they're gone. A code is for the purpose of identity proof, not revealing Seer dreams. The Seer will need to make his own decisions on what to say. My advice has nothing to do with leaving behind dream clues.
Point of order, dear one. With a logical hunter their information/picks can be very valuable. For instance, in Shasta's game I knew I was in big trouble so I left a hint (which no one got, much to my dismay) about who I was hunting so that if I was wrong about her she would be exonerated. Other than that, I don't disagree on any particular point.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #110
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Don't worry everybody, things are going to be just fine now that I'm here.

*crash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
So then let me amend this:
Fea and Nienna have met Form in person. Mira, Alona, and I have talked on aim with him.

Mira and I have met Kath(who is not playing) in person.

Fea, Nienna, Mira, and I have met Brinn in person and she will be living with Fea and Nienna.

And I have talked on the phone with Sally

There that should be an up to date list of knowing people.
Ooh, so we're all explaining how we know each other? My turn! And I bet I can do it in one breath (and backwards):

.(temev'Isreyalpehttsuj,enoyrevetonllew)enoyrevewo nkIwohs'tahtdnA.detatssawsa,skeewfoelpuocaemocseta mesuoheboteraIdna,anneiN,aeFwondnA.daetsnimacbewehtnomihotollehdevawewos,emite httaerehtt'nsawcaM.eakiRotollehyasothtronpuevirdotdedicedewrehtegoT.ariMdna,anneiN,iraL,aeFadnuofIerehwarimlEotniwelfI,raeygniwollofehtfokaer BgnirpSemoC.yadhtribymrofemitnitsujollehyasotpirtd aoranoogotdedicedlicadnemroFremmustahtretalnehT.rehtieemagsihtniojt'ndiddnayll iserayehtecnisyrotstnereffidas'tahttub,dnalniFniel ihweineerGdna,oloV,dorgoNtemoslaI.emagsihtnitonsiohw,riznagAhtiwgnolatropriaehttaemdeteergymmoLniatreca,8002lirpAnikcaB

*phew*

Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, where was I? Oh yes...you people are all so very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
BRING IT ON.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Brinn, I think I hate you a little.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #112
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
(temev'Isreyalpehttsuj,enoyrevetonllew)enoyrevewon kIwohs'tahtdnA.detatssawsa,skeewfoelpuocaemocsetam esuoheboteraIdna,anneiN,aeFwondnA.daetsnimacbewehtnomihotollehdevawewos,emite httaerehtt'nsawcaM.eakiRotollehyasothtronpuevirdotdedicedewrehtegoT.ariMdna,anneiN,iraL,aeFadnuofIerehwarimlEotniwelfI,raeygniwollofehtfokaer BgnirpSemoC.yadhtribymrofemitnitsujollehyasotpirtd aoranoogotdedicedlicadnemroFremmustahtretalnehT.rehtieemagsihtniojt'ndiddnayll iserayehtecnisyrotstnereffidas'tahttub,dnalniFniel ihweineerGdna,oloV,dorgoNtemoslaI.emagsihtnitonsiohw,riznagAhtiwgnolatropriaehttaemdeteergymmoLniatreca,8002lirpAnikcaB
o_0

.....spaces, Lari likes spaces.

And with that I'm off to bed.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #113
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And now Brin is here! We can stay up all night and talk!

*eyelids droop*

Or maybe not.

*yawns*

Candor Man is tired, and needs his rest, but he will be around for most of the day tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
o_0

.....spaces, Lari likes spaces.

And with that I'm off to bed.

What she said. Night, ladies, gents, and phantom.

EDIT: x'd with le phantome himself

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-13-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #115
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Oh bloody....

*wants to cuss*

It's what... four hours into this game? And we're already on page 3?

And on a *blinking* Day 1 at that.

Backwards text, too much Real Life gossip, and I bothered wading through it looking for serious posts?

*grumbles*

The following have my disapprobation:
Mira and Lari for talking nonsensically about real life
Brinn for that AND for talking backwards
Nerwen for starting the whole talking backwards
Boro for encouraging them
Everyone Else, just 'cause
the phantom, for being himself

We have one retraction in this game, right? *seems to remember that we have a potential No Vote and can retract that as our single retraction, so uses that as his self-evidence*

++ Mirandir

...because she's first on my grumpy list and I can change it later when I'm more awake. For now, it's 1:10 am in my timezone, I have a cough, and I'm grouchy. Sorry, Mira darling. But not very sorry.

Back quite a bit later...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #116
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Cuddlefish.

Also, methinks it's far too early to vote, unless of course you've got obligations tomorrow (well, today) or something. I'd have just waited.

Meh, to each his own cuddlefish.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #117
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Brinn, I think I hate you a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
It's what... four hours into this game? And we're already on page 3?
Haven't you heard? Our dear Mod wants us to hit 7 pages by morning, or at least 5. Oh, how I love a challenge.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #118
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

This game is gonna get pretty interesting.

Define 'interesting'.

Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-13-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #119
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

Quote:
This game is gonna get pretty interesting.

Define 'interesting'.

Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?
?meht gniylppus ton ,setouq gniyfitnedi eb ot desoppus erew uoy thguoht I

By the way: from now I will only type inconsequential posts backwards. So if you see anything like,

"!flow a m'I -em hcnyl t'nod ,relbboC ,yeH"

or

"!reeS eht m'I ,ereht iH"

You'll know it's just banter and you can safely ignore it.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #120
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

That too, Nerwen, but I'm running a bit low on brains today (shut it!) so if anyone's putting them out there I've admittedly missed them. And really, I don't think I specified. If I was really mean I'd speak in them entirely, but I'm too lazy.