The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #1601
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Woah...what happened to being awesome for giving you such a fabulous part? You hear that flush? That's your rep going down the toilet, wave good bye. Plus...umm I believe Nienna already did post it.
Just quoting what she said when she was complaining about how very ungrateful you are. OBVIOUSLY you're still the most awesome mod ever. DUH.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #1602
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna requested a word cloud of her very own. So I obliged.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #1603
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Epic image fail.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #1604
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

FAIL.

Click it to see the bigger version. Apparently there's an epic fail going on with getting the full size here.

Last edited by Mirandir; 08-24-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: changed link, yadda yadda
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #1605
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
And I'm pretty sure it was you that had barely ever been an ord and we figured you should give that a try, haha , though I may be mixing you up with someone else for that.
No, I hadn't been an ordo till this game. Let the record show: I DIE AS AN ORDO IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

Also, I would like to join the Form hating. He killed me and made me post my stats. And the same goes for Nienna. The hating part.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #1606
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

We'll pretend sally wasn't just ignoring me on MSN and I made her a death word cloud anyway.

Okay, now I'm REALLY off to bed.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #1607
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
3) FORM WE'RE FIGHTING TOO.
Awwww! But, Mira, I barely did anything! Just one, itsy-bitsy little IM to Boro saying Nienna and I wanted the Mira de jour in a merlot marinara with some garlic toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
4) Thanks for killing the seer Day 1, guys. I appreciated it.
Ditto. You're the awesomest village ever!

That and you all managed to have both the Wolves on the wall--hugely suspicious--and still manage to kill Morm and then give us a free pass the next Day.

You were too kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I'm rather angry at Form, who was guilty in my book but managed to escape death repeatedly because I kept shifting my focus to Morm and Nessa. Rubbish.
Oh, but, Love, that wasn't my fault--I was being terribly suspicious, you know.

But all this hating is so pedestrian. Can't we just kiss and make up? Especially the kissing part...
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #1608
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
No, I hadn't been an ordo till this game. Let the record show: I DIE AS AN ORDO IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

Also, I would like to join the Form hating. He killed me and made me post my stats. And the same goes for Nienna. The hating part.
This one might be deserved--mea culpa, mea culpa!

But, really, in hindsight, I can't feel all that bad about it... I wouldn't have got to play buddy-buddy with Nienna again, and we're on a two game winning streak now.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #1609
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
MMMMMMiiiiiirrrrrraaaaaaaa can I has death cloud too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
This one might be deserved--mea culpa, mea culpa!
Aw Latin. And you do.

Quote:
But, really, in hindsight, I can't feel all that bad about it... I wouldn't have got to play buddy-buddy with Nienna again, and we're on a two game winning streak now.
The village won in my game. You did not. You died. You were killed. Therefore the lovers couldn't win.

And shutting up about my game.

Anyway, it was well played guys, this one. It was sort of fun knowing everything and laughing from the sidelines.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #1610
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Anyway, it was well played guys, this one. It was sort of fun knowing everything and laughing from the sidelines.
True that. I'd be in the middle of painting a shelf or something and Nienna would say, "Mira requests a word with you at your earliest convenience."

Or I'd log onto MSN and get three or four people bombard me with "Fea, I don't know what to doooooo!"

It was cute.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #1611
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
MMMMMMiiiiiirrrrrraaaaaaaa can I has death cloud too?
Of course dear! It'll have to wait until I get home tonight, but you shall have one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
True that. I'd be in the middle of painting a shelf or something and Nienna would say, "Mira requests a word with you at your earliest convenience."
Haha yeeeeeah. You and Boro both got some preeeetty panicked messages. Side note - Boro is ridiculously hard to get a hold of without a computer around.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #1612
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
It was this post of Rikae's that made me think it (was this on purpose?)
Yep. I was more afraid, at that point, of phantom getting me lynched (or at least wasting the whole day arguing with me) than of the wolves killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
If I would have put Morm in my survey he would have been in the fear section, not because I dislike him or anything but because I always think I can read him and then I turn out to be horribly wrong
Dislike? In this game, I consider fear and distrust a sign of respect. I fear Phantom and Durelin, and distrust Fea and Inzil... and they should all take that as a compliment. I wonder who thinks they can read me? I know it isn't Mac, he's told me before he can't read me at all.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:36 AM   #1613
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Dislike? In this game, I consider fear and distrust a sign of respect. I fear Phantom and Durelin, and distrust Fea and Inzil... and they should all take that as a compliment. I wonder who thinks they can read me? I know it isn't Mac, he's told me before he can't read me at all.
I'm pretty sure I had you down for 'distrust' as well, so consider yourself equally complimented.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #1614
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I do believe she means this one... but Boro I do believe that was a day when you were overwhelmed with people and computer problems so its fine
Thanks...and I don't know what Mira is trying to do. Making up all these lies about calling me ungrateful. I don't believe them, afterall how could you call someone who adores Mel Brooks ungrateful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
It was cute.
I think the worst day was the 1st coin-flip day. Right at the DL I got blasted by 4 or 5 messages. Most of them being "Come on already!" or "How long does it take for you to flip a coin!" I thought it would be really fun to make everyone wait for the narration, since I was getting bombarded from every direction, but feared there would be an insurrection if I didn't reveal immediately. Yes, you try flipping a coin after hearing 20 different dings all yelling at you to "get it done."

I wouldn't doubt it if that led to my computer malfunction, all the pure hotness coming through fried my hard drive.

Quote:
Haha yeeeeeah. You and Boro both got some preeeetty panicked messages. Side note - Boro is ridiculously hard to get a hold of without a computer around.
Isn't anyone? And really was it that difficult? Everywhere I looked someone was telling me to get a hold of you, but no one told me how. So, you were just as difficult! Lucky then I actually opened one of sally's PMs.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #1615
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I do too, but Morm and I argue enough that....well, you know.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me either. You always confuse me like mad. You were on my distrust list though I think. Sneaky little minx.

Fine, Formie. Meet me in the closet in ten minutes. Just don't tell Boro. (The secret is that Mnemo's already going to be in there. With a flamethrower. Now that will be awkward.)
Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #1616
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I wouldn't doubt it if that led to my computer malfunction, all the pure hotness coming through fried my hard drive.
That would have been me.

Quote:
Isn't anyone? And really was it that difficult? Everywhere I looked someone was telling me to get a hold of you, but no one told me how. So, you were just as difficult! Lucky then I actually opened one of sally's PMs.
Heh. I was at my mum's and I get a text from Mira asking me if I have your number. I realized after I asked if I could pass along a message that it was a stupid question (because....well, you know) so I just PM'd you instead. After checking facebook, of course.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #1617
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I seem to remember a few texts about who to kill as well. And panicked ones about sending in a certain death.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #1618
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
High time for a few comments from your short-lived seer! Really, after only two games, both as a gifted, and being lynched on Day 2 in the first and Day 1 in the second, I wonder where this tendency is going to take me. As Nerwen observed in our first game together, 'Looking suspicious is an occupational hazard of gifteds'... How true, how true!
Nienna, I think you should be credited for the fatal stroke that brought me down. Your #421 on Day 1 was just the last bit of pressure at the right time that caused me to lose my nerves and do that stupid retraction that sent everybody's suspicions of me soaring. I could have kicked myself when I realized (too late) I'd been right about alona-wolf and let her slip!
By the way, alona, you were the sweetest wolf-cub imaginable, but don't overdo the everybody's-darling-routine!
And Form, you hid your wolfish fur quite well under that soutane of sober rationality. If we ever play together again (and I hope so!), I'd be glad to be a wolf with you; otherwise, I'm going to look very hard at you from now on!
As Boro has already told you, I did dream of phantom in Night 1 - hence my acquired taste of trusting him and my attempts to keep him around as best I could without compromising my role and smearing 'known innocent, please kill' on his tuxedo.
Hakon, still wondering who thought they could read you? Well, who said he didn't think you suspicious and went after those who voted you? I haven't seen you as a baddie yet, but I guess it would look different from how you've played so far.
After my death, it was still a lot of fun to watch. Boro told me about the roles, so you can all imagine what a contrast bath of alternately cheering and headdesking I went through!
Rikae and Mac, kudos for great sheriffing! It was a pleasure to watch your clever job sharing - Rikae doing the active-agressive part, Mac staying more in the background first, then taking over after Rikae's death. Rikae, you worried me a bit on Day 1, but at the same time I had a deep gut feeling saying you were innocent - glad I was right, and thanks for going after alona after my demise! Mac, I applauded in front of my screen when I saw that long post on Day 3 where you did your maths and pegged the two living wolves as top suspects. Too bad you didn't get more support from the rest of the league, apart from morm, the third and last column of solid reason standing after phantom's death.
Sally, congratulations on your nice recovery on Day the Last! And credits to the Cobbler, Ranger and Hunter as well, and everybody else I haven't mentioned. I'm looking forward to playing with any of you again soon!

Finally, thanks to Boro and wilwa, this was a lot of fun! (And yes, I was very pleased with my death scene!)
Old 08-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #1619
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow, I do take that as a compliment, Rikae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I wonder who thinks they can read me? I know it isn't Mac, he's told me before he can't read me at all.
I believe I said that I think I can read you. At least, I feel like my track record is better with you than most with guessing what side you're on. But that's not really being able to read you, exactly. Because regardless of what side I think you're on, half the time I have no idea what you're up to and that does frighten me a bit.

Last edited by Durelin; 08-25-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #1620
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

For Lari <3

Someone should probably let me know if that picture isn't showing up, since apparently things show up for me and not for others.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #1621
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
For Lari <3

Someone should probably let me know if that picture isn't showing up, since apparently things show up for me and not for others.
Doesn't show.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #1622
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Doesn't show.
Oh poop.

How about now?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #1623
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Looks like you've got it now.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #1624
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Awesome, thanks Inzil. You want one too while I'm at it?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #1625
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'd be honoured.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #1626
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Mira! <3
Old 08-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #1627
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Unfortunately the system won't let me rep a number of people that I'd like to*; but congratulations to the wolves!

And thanks to our mods for a great game. Boro, I just love the whole concept.

P.S. (Nitpicking time) Boro, did you know this game is numbered wrongly?

EDIT: No, actually it isn't... the game and admin threads have been out of sync for a while... or maybe they always have been and I didn't notice.

*Particularly Norm.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-26-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #1628
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As promised.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #1629
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Lovely. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #1630
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Mira, how much work would it be for you to make one for my little victory scene? Those things are pretty awesome!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #1631
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Mira, how much work would it be for you to make one for my little victory scene? Those things are pretty awesome!
Not much at all! I'll do it right now.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #1632
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here ya go wilwa!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #1633
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Thank you!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #1634
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
So I found that you can change Facebook to be upside down and I thought of you all. Especially Nerwen.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #1635
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So I found that you can change Facebook to be upside down....
*boggles*