The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #321
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
The thing with Sally is that she always waits to the last second to vote, at least from what I can remember. So I don't know really how suspicious that makes her, it doesn't really to me anyway.
It's not whether one votes at the last minute or earlier. It's what you do before you vote when in a tight situation... Are you concerned or do you just sit back and relax looking at others trying to figure out the outcome...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #322
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
A quick question about the NG votes, if one wolf goes, would one of the other 3 try to attract the NG vote or not? Something for us to mull over perhaps.

Quote:
Boromir88- somewhat makes me uneasy in the way how he overlookingly threw me among the Wolves. Because I know he is a sensible player normally. I would understand it if he tried to get me slip or something, innocent Boro tries baiting baddies and such, but he hasn't been trying to discuss with me, he just dumped me.~Legate
I didn't know you wanted to tango, or I may have been more willing. My apologies. Although, I may seem a bit off from my normal combativeness, that is mostly though due to other things. Like not originally intending to play in a game after modding one and being a bit exhausted this week.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #323
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Anyone with a tally?

Sally?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #324
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Alright. Well I'll still be aroud til the DL but I'm just gonna do this now to avoid the rush:

++ Guard Nogrod

This is gonna be the longest 15 minutes of my life....
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #325
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
My dear people, I sincerely apologize for my prolonged absence! A commission for quite the intricate dress called upon my time.

It seems Legate is widely suspected. It's a valid point, that this is indeed a death that would shed some much needed light.

++Legate

And for my guard vote, ++Nogrod, because I think the village could use his wit and common sense.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #326
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I think a gifted Legate would have revealed a long time ago, since it was fairly clear most people would vote him. I admit he could be innocent, but I seriously doubt he's gifted and hasn't said anything.
Unless I am a Hunter *boo boo*

As for guard:

++Nilp

I guess I have still the retraction anyway, and if I survive, I won't probably regret that much using it already now... but I will still stay with the vote for a while yet.

EDIT: x-ed suddenly with a bunch of votes
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #327
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Erm, hi, I just woke back up. Ah, I see my assistance is needed. Goodie; I can catch up at the same time!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #328
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Crossed with Noggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
It's not whether one votes at the last minute or earlier. It's what you do before you vote when in a tight situation... Are you concerned or do you just sit back and relax looking at others trying to figure out the outcome...
But that behavior towards the end is not unusual to sally, whether wolf or not. So for now, I'm agreeing with Pitch, it's too flimsy and I'm not going to suspect her for that, when also considering the rest of her participation. It's not like she has been giving us updated vote tallies the entire time.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #329
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
A quick question about the NG votes, if one wolf goes, would one of the other 3 try to attract the NG vote or not? Something for us to mull over perhaps.
I think the Wolves will be the only ones who could reply to you the truth, but now who says they would, right...

Quote:
I didn't know you wanted to tango, or I may have been more willing. My apologies. Although, I may seem a bit off from my normal combativeness, that is mostly though due to other things. Like not originally intending to play in a game after modding one and being a bit exhausted this week.
Oh, in that case I am heartbroken too. Well, we can always make amends later, or some other time.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #330
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

Might as well do that as there's little reason to do otherwise at this point and after all my arguing...

++ Legate

Let's hope the clear-cut explanation / interpretation was right.

I need to consider my guard-vote a moment still.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #331
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Oh, in that case I am heartbroken too. Well, we can always make amends later, or some other time.
I'm free for lunch next week.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #332
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I think it is

For lynching:
Legate 10
Inzil 3

For guarding:
Nog 5
Nerwen 2
Nilp 2
Wilwa, Inzil & Shasta 1
Old 09-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #333
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The Legate thing still looks too pat somehow, though admittedly it would be unreasonable to expect people to give him a pass. But it appears he'll be getting the rope regardless of anything I do. So...

++Legate

and

++Guard Nogrod

for Cab's reasons.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #334
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

I'm more than ready to be guarded so I'll

++ guard Boro
Old 09-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #335
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lynch
Nilp-->Dun
Nerwen-->Legate
Boro-->Legate (2)
Hakon-->Legate (3)
Greenie-->Legate (4)
Lommie-->Dun (2)
Nienna-->Legate (5)
Wilwa-->Legate (6)
Brinn-->Legate (7)
Pitch-->Legate (8)
Cabbie-->Dun (3)
Nessa-->Legate (9)
Nog-->Legate (10)
Dun-->Legate (11)

Guard
Nilp-->Wilwa
Nerwen-->Dun
Boro-->Nerwen
Greenie-->Nog
Lommie-->Nilp
Nienna-->Nerwen (2)
Brinn-->Shasta
Pitch-->Nog (2)
Cabbie-->Noggie (3)
Wilwa-->Noggie (4)
Nessa-->Noggie (5)
Legate-->Nilp (2)
Dun-->Nog (6)
Nog-->Boro

Too lazy to check who hasn't voted in each case yet, but I'll look at it toMorrow if I'm still alive and make a comparison. Also, I find it interesting that Cabbie and Lommie voted to kill Dun. Especially Lommie, I think (or it could be the post-nap babble) because she did it early enough vote-wise that it potentially could have saved Legate. Cabbie could have been doing the same. (Of course all this is irrelevant if Legate's innocent, but I wanted to point it out anyway.)

EDIT: x'd with Nog, added in his vote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #336
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Time for my guard vote.

++Nogrod

I am voting him for the same reason as Cab and Inzil.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #337
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm free for lunch next week.
I'm not

Even though it could possibly even save my neck, I am not too keen on voting Inzil. I just don't feel like it. Heck, okay, now I can say that because I am probably going to end up dead anyway, I was even thinking of just lynching myself. (I didn't say it earlier for people would catch upon it even more, and then good riddance.)

++Inziladun

But just for the sake of saving myself. Not that good real good reason for that, really. Btw in my post with the list of people, pay heed more to the last ones, like those with the 70% and then the others after that, those are the ones I have dared to proclaim my opinion on more clearly. So first that, these are my opinions, like whom I suspect or not suspect etc., and only then read the entries at individual people in the list itself for details.

EDIT: Of course no need for that anymore. In some way, it's a relief.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #338
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I need to take back my words of being suspicious of the bandwagon of guarding on Nerwen...

You guys creep me out!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #339
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
The Legate thing still looks too pat somehow, though admittedly it would be unreasonable to expect people to give him a pass. But it appears he'll be getting the rope regardless of anything I do. So...

++Legate

and

++Guard Nogrod

for Cab's reasons.
Erm....okay. The 'reasoning' just struck me as odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
Time for my guard vote.

++Nogrod

I am voting him for the same reason as Cab and Inzil.
Sqwuak! I am a parrot! I'll check both their posts (or rather all three) toMorrow and see what I decide to make of this.

++Legate

++Nienna (meh, might as well)

EDIT: x'd with Fried Chicken Legate and Noggie.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #340
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Btw I am getting better, as if I am really going to be lynched, it's Day 2 - in late games, I have been rather often lynched as innocent on Day 1.

Good-bye! Be good, take care of yourselves - and DON'T LEAVE THE PATH!!!

(no, there's no secret meaning to that goodbye)

(Or actually, there is. But I should rather say the opposite: You should not keep on the path of fools.)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #341
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Enjoy, Nog (the guard)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #342
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 2

After commenting on the sorrowful loss of their Seer, the people of Upper Downsbury quickly turned their thoughts towards Legate.

First Sally commented, saying, "Either Legate's a wolf or it's a wolf trick, but I don't think it's likely that the wolves would give up that extra lynch."

Then Hakon said, "I've always thought it was Legate, I hope he is."

Nienna agreed, starting a massive bandwagon by saying, "I think it's worth it- lynching Legate, I mean."

Soon it seemed that everyone was willing to accept that it was not a wolf trick, and that Legate was, in fact, a wolf, which had lead to there only being one killing during the Night.

The Fool, Nilpaurion, who always spoke his mind, had something different to say. "Isn't it too easy? Don't you think that the wolves are tricking us?"

And Shasta went into denial about killing the Seer, realising that villages always killed their seers early, before they could be of much use.

Legate appeared, and appeared to be defending himself quite well against the accusations, but they kept coming and people ignored his replies. "Don't you realise that you're being used by the wolves?" he said. "Can't you see that they're going to take control. Don't do what they want you to do. And at least if you're going to kill me today, please talk about whoever else you think is evil, otherwise you've wasted the day, just like they wanted you to!"

Nerwen fought back, but it didn't matter. Even though they were thinking about what he was saying, the people still wanted to kill Legate.

The people were shouting, "He's a wolf! He's a wolf" and brought him to Eönwë

"Can we kill him, please?" someone shouted.

Eönwë paused for a moment. Now, what makes you think he's a wolf?"

"He looks like one." was the general clamouring voice of the crowd.

Legate, who was wearing a grey fur coat and fake teeth, came forwards. "I'm not a wolf," he said.

"But you are dressed as one," replied Eönwë.

"I don't look like this. They put these on me," Legate said, and took them off.

"Well?" said Eönwë, raising an eyebrow inquisitively at the crowd.

"Well," said Pitchwife, "we did do the teeth."

"The teeth?" the mayor inquired.

"And the coat," he admitted. "But he's a wolf!"

"Kill him! Kill him!" cried the crowd in a frenzy of bloodlust.

"Did you dress him up like that?" asked the mayor.

"No! No! No... Yes... Yes..." the crowd eventually admitted.

"Has he actually done anything to show he's a wolf?" asked Eönwë.

"He bit me!" exclaimed Nogrod.

"Really?" asked Eönwë.

"Well... I got better," he replied.

"Kill him anyway!" shouted Brinniel, soon to be echoed by the rest of the assembled lynch mob.

"Quiet, quiet!" Eönwë tried to calm the crowd. "There are ways of telling if he is a wolf."

"Tell us, tell us!" shouted the crowd.

"Well... what can float?"

"Wood!" shouted McCaber.

"Bread!" shouted Nessa.

"A wolf!" shouted Pitchwife.

"Exactly" verified Eönwë. "So logically, if he can float...

"...then he's a wolf!" shouted Brinniel triumphantly.

"And then we can kill him!" shouted the crowd.

"Precisely." said Eönwë.

So they took Legate to the river. They tied his hands and feet together and Brinniel and Pitchwife flung him in.

A little blood came up, but was washed past by the river. But there was no sign of Legate.

"He was innocent after all." said Eönwë. And everyone went back to the village square, downcast. "It just goes to show that money can't give you everything.

"And who shall we save for the night?" asked the mayor.

"Nogrod!" was the general consensus.

And so, the Night guards took up their positions for the third time, this time outside Nogrod's house.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
alonariel- the village blacksmith
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
Hakon- the village innkeeper
Inziladun- the village brewer
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-04-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #343
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night 3

The Night came again, swift and cold. The villagers were lamenting their losses, as no wolves had yet been killed, whereas three innocent villagers and their Seer had been taken.

But one by one, the village fell into sleep. All except one. Lommy was sitting, lamenting the death of Legate.

"I told them. I told them. But would they listen?" she said to herself, over and over again. She lost all hope of them ever being able to save the village from the wolves.

Then, she felt something cold touch the back of her neck, and she saw and felt no more.

---

The next morning, the village assembled in the square, as was the custom by now. Eönwë spoke to the crowd. "Are we all here?"

"I am sad to say that we are missing Lommy." said Nogrod. There was no trace of her in her home, and it took a long time for people to find anything that would give them a clue as to what had happened that night.

Eventually, her blood-soaked remains were found left in the old well. This well had mysteriously dried up a few days before the first wolf arrived, and they had spent the last few weeks filling it up. It was now almost filled up, only around two metres deep.

They decided to leave Lommy's body where it was found, and continue filling in the well, which was now also a grave, and it was known as the Well of Lommy until the last days of the village, and the gardens of Upper Downsbury never again received as much love and attention as when Lommy had been alive.

Nogrod said, "I should have given her the protection instead of being so selfish!" The realisation that she was dead had still not sunk in for Nogrod and Greenie.

They went back to the village square. Eönwë stood there, with the same gloomy expression that had become part of his face for the last few days.

"Today we really need to catch a wolf. We have already lost four, and they have lost none. Please make your votes today count. We do not want to lose any more of us.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
alonariel- the village blacksmith
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
Hakon- the village innkeeper
Inziladun- the village brewer
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent

The sun has risen on Day 3. You may resume posting.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #344
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Bah.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #345
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well now we know the wolves are killing one a night. I kind of feel like this is partially Legate's fault that they have done it again. I feel this way since yesterday when defending himself he outlined how if the wolves killed one a night they could escape lynching more easily.

One thing I would like to state is that we need to look at the Legate voters. There has to be at least one wolf amongst them. My guess is that the wolf is one of the earlier voters rather than the ones who voted Legate closer to deadline. I think that if there is one wolf amongst the voters this is the case but if there are more than one then this is probably not the case for all of them.

Another thing is the wolves probably expect us to lynch Nogrod today. I think we should try to avoid doing that.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #346
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Congrats wolves. You have found a way to circumvent being found out by the village by night guards. You are also giving up killing an extra person each night. I'll take that though. We lynched an innocent yesterday but we are up two innocents as the wolves have given up two extra kills.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #347
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

bah indeed.

Major headache here from the all the headdesking I did yesterday. I cannot believe this.

Hakon, practically everyone was a Legate voter. So yes, I'm positive there are wolves in there, probably 2, if not 3.

This is unreal....I don't even know what to say about this. I don't think it's a good idea to lynch Nogrod, at least not now cause I'm sure that's exactly what the wolves want from us. But he'll probably end up being guilty in the end, just to spite us.

uh

I'm at work now, but I'll be home in about 3 hours. Then I should be around for a couple hours. Much more tomorrow though.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #348
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
we are up two innocents as the wolves have given up two extra kills.
Which is exactly why I wasn't expecting them to do this a second time. Just seems too crazy for me. Which is why Nog will probably be guilty, they wanted us to be unsure with this Night Guard thing, to protect themselves, and it worked. I'm very confused.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #349
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Now I think we should use the NG thing to save those we want to keep around. Since the wolves have succeeded in making us unsure of the role of the person guarded. Back to good ole vote analyzing, theories, and suspicions for us now.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #350
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Now I think we should use the NG thing to save those we want to keep around. Since the wolves have succeeded in making us unsure of the role of the person guarded. Back to good ole vote analyzing, theories, and suspicions for us now.
You are indeed correct in that it seems the Night Guard has been rendered useless as a tool for finding innocents. That tactic by the wolves would seem to result in a slower, but safer path to victory for them.
I wonder, for what reason did they choose Lommy? Just getting rid of a potential threat?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #351
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
Well now we know the wolves are killing one a night. I kind of feel like this is partially Legate's fault that they have done it again. I feel this way since yesterday when defending himself he outlined how if the wolves killed one a night they could escape lynching more easily.
Well maybe his fault, or maybe to his honour - even if unintended.

I mean we could be two more down right now. So instead of being four down we could be six down... and continue the multiplation if you wish...

And like yesterDay I still think that is a bad tactics for them. Yeah, they kind of succeeded yesterDay but with what cost? With every kill they don't do we gain more Days to read them and we have better chances of starting to find patterns from their actions.

Quote:
One thing I would like to state is that we need to look at the Legate voters. There has to be at least one wolf amongst them.
Heh, almost the whole village... If you're looking at the votes I'd rather look at those Inzil-voters. I mean it was so clear we were going to lynch Legate from the first hours on (unless something really drastic happened) that a cool wolf would have done a reasonable job hiding in the opposition that would look soo good afterwards.

To take my idea with a pinch of salt I must say I was really starting to suspect Lommy again late yesterDay as she was so outstandingly adamant with her defence of Legate. It would have been really the best thing a wolf could have done yesterDay. But alas, she was innocent as well... and dead now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
That tactic by the wolves would seem to result in a slower, but safer path to victory for them.
How so, "safer"? I mean the only thing we can be happy now is that they play it that way and let more of us live and thence give us time. We've already won one full Day-Night cycle more to catch them. So let's look at the brighter side of this now.

For by making these two choices I think they have actually made a cardinal error as now they face a dilemma whichever way they choose from now on. They can continue with killing only one per Night and thus giving us even more Days to find them or they can change their tactics and produce some innocents to us which, now as they appear later in the game, have a lot stronger weight and our ability to actually guard them is much better...

So chew on that you lupine child-killers!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #352
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I bet it has to do with the fact that Lommie was one of the only people to not vote for Legate. Inziladun, she did vote for you. Maybe you are a wolf and are worried because she was on to you so you convinced your fellow wolves to support killing her.

With looking at Legate voters we should definitely look at some of the ones who voted earlier in the day. I think there is a large chance that some wolf just wanted to get their vote out of the way and they knew they would be voting for Legate.

I agree with you Nogrod that we should look at the Inziladun voters.

One thing we also need to think about is part of the safety the wolves gain from killing one a night. Because we know that at least once the wolves have chosen to kill one a night we expect it to always have been their choice. It could happen that we end up guarding a wolf and we just assume that they chose to have one kill that night. It could mean a wolf not getting lynched.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #353
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
How so, "safer"? I mean the only thing we can be happy now is that they play it that way and let more of us live and thence give us time. We've already won one full Day-Night cycle more to catch them. So let's look at the brighter side of this now.

For by making these two choices I think they have actually made a cardinal error as now they face a dilemma whichever way they choose from now on. They can continue with killing only one per Night and thus giving us even more Days to find them or they can change their tactics and produce some innocents to us which, now as they appear later in the game, have a lot stronger weight and our ability to actually guard them is much better...
'Safer' in that the lack of known innocents has been a serious impediment to us, wouldn't you say? Get enough known innocents and it isn't much of a step to getting probable wolves. It has yet to come back and bite them, though with any luck that will change today.
Sorting out the Legate voters will indeed be tough, as they obviously can't all be wolves. I'll take a look at them though.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #354
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I do agree. Whatever gain the wolves have had from their tactics of seemingly shooting themselves to the leg is that we can't take the NG's as seer dreams. Sure that option is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon
Because we know that at least once the wolves have chosen to kill one a night we expect it to always have been their choice. It could happen that we end up guarding a wolf and we just assume that they chose to have one kill that night. It could mean a wolf not getting lynched.
Who says we except them to always follow a pattern set on the first Night of their action? Wouldn't that be quite foolish? As I said, we can no longer think of the NG's as seer dreams but neither can we take them as signs of guilt (Legate proved that). Like Nienna said it is back to the drawing board where we need to consider every Night individually.

Okay for me it's now +2AM and I'm getting to bed. Happily it's Saturday tomorrow and I have more time to hang around.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #355
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
'Safer' in that the lack of known innocents has been a serious impediment to us, wouldn't you say? Get enough known innocents and it isn't much of a step to getting probable wolves.
We can basically hold on two known innocents - and only so far our ranger is alive... And with a village of 15+ that is of no "serious impediment" to us anyway.

The known innocents would help us later though - and there's the stinger for the cowardly Night-stabbers: the chance of your Days of having two kills comes closer to the end every hour and if you keep up killing just one it will be a miserable and hard journey for you to reach to the end needing to win so many more lynches, but if you start killing two you produce us known innocents just at the moment we need them and they can make a difference then when our numbers are less! We'll just need to start picking the NG's not for trying their guilt but actually for trusting them to be worth the protection to follow.

Think about that the next Night wolves...
Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #356
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Here and reading.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #357
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

not too much to read...

Quote:

I mean we could be two more down right now. So instead of being four down we could be six down... and continue the multiplation if you wish...

And like yesterDay I still think that is a bad tactics for them. Yeah, they kind of succeeded yesterDay but with what cost? With every kill they don't do we gain more Days to read them and we have better chances of starting to find patterns from their actions.

Heh, almost the whole village... If you're looking at the votes I'd rather look at those Inzil-voters. I mean it was so clear we were going to lynch Legate from the first hours on (unless something really drastic happened) that a cool wolf would have done a reasonable job hiding in the opposition that would look soo good afterwards.

So chew on that you lupine child-killers!
Exactly. This is exactly why I was so sure Legate had to be guilty because I don't get why they are giving up this chance. If I was a wolf I'd be so excited to be able to kill that many people at once, since it's how they win. Since one of them will eventually die (thus losing double kills) it's not like there would have been that many known innocents created, and they would have been able to eventually kill those known innocents anyway. I completely don't get it. We really just now have far more time to discuss and analyse everything.

Basically: thank you wolves for giving up your advantage and giving us more time to hunt you down! We really appreciate it!

So either we're dealing with inexperienced wolves (don't really know who they could even be though), or experienced wolves who are trying to make us think they are inexperienced. Probably the latter.

Wow. I don't get this. It's so screwed up.

So. I'm exhausted, had a long day filled with really annoying customers, but I'm gonna stay around for about the next half hour, then I should be on fairly consistently tomorrow.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-04-2009 at 07:27 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #358
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Bah, humbug.

Well, we got one good thing out of yesterDAY. Nogrod shall be innocent until proven guilty. That's good, fellow villagers.

Why Lommy, though? Well, the only thing I can come up with is that there were only three non-Legate voters: himself, her, and . . . me. Paint a bulls-eye at me, will you? And on a bloody weekend, at that?

Be back with a lynch tally. *gags*
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #359
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Sting

hmmm. falling asleep on my keyboard here so I'm gonna head out. be back in the morning with a clearer head.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #360
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Vote count so far

DAY ONE

Lynch:
Nilp-->Nilp
Mnemo-->Wilwa
Brinn-->Cabbie
Nerwen-->Kit
Shasta-->Lommie
Kit-->Brinn
Boro-->Kit (2)
Dun-->Kit (3)
Greenie-->Nog
Cabbie-->Wilwa (2)
Hakon-->Legate
Pitchie-->Kit (4)
Legate-->Wilwa (3)
Nienna-->Dun
Nog-->Greenie
Lommie-->Kit (5)
Sally-->Kit (6)

Didn't vote: Alona, Nessa

Guard:
Mnemo-->Boro
Brinn-->Legate
Sally-->Mnemo
Nerwen-->Legate
Kit-->Hakon
Shasta-->Legate (3)
Boro-->Nienna
Dun-->Boro (2)
Nog-->Legate (4)
Greenie-->Nienna (2)
Nienna-->Mnemo (2)
Hakon-->Boro (3)
Pitchie-->Boro (4)
Lommie-->Legate (5)
Legate-->Lommie
Wilwa-->Legate (6)

Didn't vote: Alona, Nessa, Cabbie, Nilp

DAY TWO

Lynch
Nilp-->Dun
Nerwen-->Legate
Boro-->Legate (2)
Hakon-->Legate (3)
Greenie-->Legate (4)
Lommie-->Dun (2)
Nienna-->Legate (5)
Wilwa-->Legate (6)
Brinn-->Legate (7)
Pitch-->Legate (8)
Cabbie-->Dun (3)
Nessa-->Legate (9)
Nog-->Legate (10)
Dun-->Legate (11)
Legate-->Dun (4)
Sally-->Legate (12)

Didn't vote: Alona, Shasta

Guard
Nilp-->Wilwa
Nerwen-->Dun
Boro-->Nerwen
Greenie-->Nog
Lommie-->Nilp
Nienna-->Nerwen (2)
Brinn-->Shasta
Pitch-->Nog (2)
Cabbie-->Noggie (3)
Wilwa-->Noggie (4)
Nessa-->Noggie (5)
Legate-->Nilp (2)
Dun-->Nog (6)
Nog-->Boro
Hakon-->Nog
Sally-->Nienna

Didn't vote: Alona, Shasta

Innocents are in italics, known baddies (not that we have any) underlined. Gifteds are bolded as well