The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #121
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
I know for a fact The Saucepan Man is a wolf.
How? Well, guess!
I'm the Dreamer.
Okay, I believe you since I see absolutely no reason a baddie would false reveal at this point, but I still think it is rather premature to be revealing even if you have caught a wolf. For one thing, seers have been known to catch two wolves in the past, but revealing now severely limits that opportunity. Though I'm glad at least you waited until the end of the Day so that we'll still have plenty of posts to analyse toMorrow from before we knew Spm's role (and thus be more likely to find connections).

++Spm

Am I allowed to say I'm a bit sad to see him go so early, even if he is a wolf? I was just so excited to see him playing again for the first time in a long time. Oh well.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #122
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind - but with a four-way tie between myself, two unknowns and a known wolf, what would you have done?
Fair enough. I mean, we're going to need a gifted version of "Fenris Wolf", at the rate we've been lynching them on Day One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I have skimmed through previous pages and things concerning SpM, then I returned rather to see if anybody posts or anything... anyway, I sort of reconsidered and I think, while we can read it, we can keep our thoughts for toMorrow... because we won't have time to discuss that now anyway, while the WWs will have time during the Night to discuss and prepare arguments, and if they'd know exactly what the questions are going to be, they can prepare better, so let's not give them ideas.
On the other hand, the Changed and the Dreamer might perhaps appreciate some suggestions.

EDIT:X'd with Brinniel.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #123
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks for your support, everybody - I guarantee you won't rue it.
Roa, point taken about my reveal making it impossible to draw conclusions from the votes that came after it, and sorry about that; but I've been lynched on Day 1 as a Seer before, and it would have sucked to go down with a known wolf surviving - or to let an innocent die instead, for that matter.
SpM, sorry for spoiling your stay in our lovely seaside resort - may we meet again in another life under friendlier auspices!

And now I'll retire and pray to the Powers That Be Under The Waves for another illuminating dream, trusting our Priest to act as his/her wisdom dictates...
Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #124
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
On the other hand, the Changed and the Dreamer might perhaps appreciate some suggestions.
That's true, though they can sure think for themselves... anyway our Day is gone now, so probably let's just trust their judgement (and to the powers laid upon them by the Ones from the Outside).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #125
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well considering it has happened to you before, I can definitely understand why you'd be nervous. And we certainly don't want to lose yet another seer on Day One. Though I don't know how likely it was you would've actually been lynched. I just would've waited a tad longer for more votes to come in and have a better idea of how things might sway since as Roa said, any votes that came in after your reveal can't really be analysed. But like I said, at least we still have most of the Day One (and quite a few votes with that) to analyse.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #126
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
That's true, though they can sure think for themselves... anyway our Day is gone now, so probably let's just trust their judgement (and to the powers laid upon them by the Ones from the Outside).
Well, it's not as though he left that many posts for them to go through.

EDIT:X'd with Brinn
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #127
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
At the end of the first day, the villagers were convinced they had themselves a wolf. After all, had not Pitchwife spoken up about his dreams? And the Father Below is known to send true visions to his faithful. So the villagers gathered together into a mob and moved out towards the apartment of the Saucepan Man. Kitanna and wilwa led the way, and Craydon and Inziladun hammered down the door of the building. Nogrod was the first up the three flights of stairs, and the first one to notice the moon was beginning to rise. He paused at the door of the apartment.

It wasn't locked. The villagers quickly stormed in. Just past the door was the Saucepan Man himself, calmly leaning against a wall. "Well, it seems this city is faster than I thought. It won't stop anything, though." He stepped into the beam of silvery light and let out a howl as the transformation took place. Instinctively, everyone stepped back from his huge furry maw. Laughing loudly, with his distinctive pan still rakishly positioned on his head, he dove out of the window into the mob on the street.

However, he failed to notice that Pitchwife and Nerwen were placing a silver stake outside his window. Well, not so much a stake as a ... pipe of some sort. By some stroke of luck, the wayward piece of organ pierced his heart and he slid, transfixed, to the ground.

The Dead:
McCaber, town drunk and general layabout [mod]
Saucepan Man, disturbed and disturbing artist [werewolf]

The Living:
Inziladun, fisherman
Pitchwife, heretical organist
Loslote, humble seamstress
Hakon, Innsmouth denizen
wilwa, Innsmouth denizen
Nogrod, student of alternate cosmologies
Roa, Innsmouth physician (with everything that entails)
Craydon1, penniless drifter
Nienna, "innocent" child and meteorologist
Nerwen, last scion of a decadent dynasty
Legate, displaced scholar of the Pnakotic Shards
A Little Green, blind ex-soldier
Morsul, quiet librarian
Kitanna, Innsmouth denizen
Lairen Shadow, Innsmouth denizen
Brinn, Innsmouth denizen

IT IS NOW NIGHT TWO. WOLVES AND GIFTED, GIVE ME NAMES.

Last edited by McCaber; 10-14-2009 at 02:35 PM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #128
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
The night was crisp and clear. Everyone went home to their beds a little happier; after all, had they not just shown themselves that a werewolf was no match for the native sons and daughters of Innsmouth?

A Little Green crawled back to her squalid flat. Tonight, just once, she felt that same sort of feeling, the good strong combat rush that carried her through the War. At least, until the mustard gas ended her part there pretty conclusively. Since then, she's been drifting back and forth across the coast waiting for something to happen. Innsmouth just sort of pulled her in a couple months back. She just belonged here.

Such were her thoughts when she fell asleep. Fitful dreams plagued her slumber, though. Greenie went back to that night when they broke into her trenches. That night too ran with blood. It was fast bayonet work, and not a little fearsome. She was just about to place the killing blow when a knock at her door forced her awake.

An ancient revolver appeared in her hand. "I can hear and smell you just fine. You should leave now."

"Leave? But we haven't even begun?" a growling voice replied. "See, now you killed our brother. So this is personal. Sorry."

Two shots quickly rang out. The second being began to laugh. "What did you think that would accomplish? You didn't even use silver!"

They closed in on the cot, and it was all over but the screaming.

The Dead:
McCaber, town drunk and general layabout [mod]
Saucepan Man, disturbed and disturbing artist [werewolf]
A Little Green, blind ex-soldier [ordinary villager]

The Living:
Inziladun, fisherman
Pitchwife, heretical organist
Loslote, humble seamstress
Hakon, Innsmouth denizen
wilwa, Innsmouth denizen
Nogrod, student of alternate cosmologies
Roa, Innsmouth physician (with everything that entails)
Craydon1, penniless drifter
Nienna, "innocent" child and meteorologist
Nerwen, last scion of a decadent dynasty
Legate, displaced scholar of the Pnakotic Shards
Morsul, quiet librarian
Kitanna, Innsmouth denizen
Lairen Shadow, Innsmouth denizen
Brinn, Innsmouth denizen

DAY 2. YOU MAY BEGIN POSTING.

Last edited by McCaber; 10-15-2009 at 04:34 PM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #129
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I'm honestly not going to be around a lot toDay but if I get time I'm going to go over Greenie's posts, see if there is anything there.

And SPM was a wolf. Seems to confirm Pitch.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #130
Craydon1
Pile O'Bones

Craydon1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Craydon1 Send a message via Skype™ to Craydon1
Poor Green. As for Pitch, have any interesting dreams last night? And I promise to get some sort of justification for my votes from now on. I claim newb status on that one.
Craydon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #131
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Greenie's posts, I don't think I missed any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Hello friends! I am here, obviously I have not much to say except that SPM looks disturbing and Inziladun looks fishy, and that's about the worst joke ever and not even new. I find it sort of funny that the posts this far have been pretty much people repeating and repeating that we have to be active and contributing. Of course there is the basic Day 1 problem of where to start the discussion in the first place.

As for what comes to taking or not taking kindly to people who are quiet, well, we're back to the traditional loud-quiet debate, and I stand where I always do: different people play with different styles, and I know of no one who would have the authority to define what is enough contribution and what isn't. Still, I don't of course cherish the kind of "pop in, vote, disappear" -tactic unless you're really really busy, and I think everyone should contribute as much as they can. Some people just have less to say (like me), a briefer way of phrasing their thoughts, or less time on their hands. Those, I think, should not be reasons for not taking kindly to people. Making no effort, on the other hand, should.

EDIT: x-ed with Lari!!! I x-ed with someone! Wonderful!
Quote:
Exactly. I think we often forget that it's actually possible to lynch a wolf on Day 1. We easily fall into thinking that Day 1 is a hopeless case and that we're bound to lynch an innocent (or the Seer). That, of course, is a most unhelpful attitude. We definitely have a chance of catching a wolf toDay and we should not forget that.
Quote:
I'm here and reading, have less time than I thought so I'll probably have to suffer SPM and Nogrod's wrath and be very inactive toDay.
Quote:
++ SpM

Worth a try, certainly. I lean towards trusting Pitchie (it would make sense, given that he was under threat of getting lynched himself and all that) and even if SpM was innocent we have a baddie toMorrow. In any case this is about the strongest reason for voting someone I've ever had on Day 1.

Other than that, I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I'll say that Crayon (love the name!!), Wilwa and Hakon lean innocent and that I'm keeping an eye on Nog (as always).

Hehe, I wondered whether anyone would get the joke... Yeah, but like I said I'll try to be more active in the future.
Gonna go catch up on everything else now. Maybe collect all of SPM's posts.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #132
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
I'm honestly not going to be around a lot toDay but if I get time I'm going to go over Greenie's posts, see if there is anything there.

And SPM was a wolf. Seems to confirm Pitch.
I'd say Pitch is in the good books for sure. I'm anxious to see what his dream may have revealed. I'm afraid his time is likely short, but he should at least be able to give us a known innocent.
I didn't see much from Greenie that stood out to me, but I'll have a look at her posts too.

EDIT-x'd with Wilwa, who's pulled them up
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #133
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Alright, having looked at Greenie's posts, she didn't say much, had no stated suspicions, and only voted for SPM after Pitchwife came forward. I think this has to be chalked up to a safety kill. They couldn't go for Pitch because he'd almost certainly be protected, so they picked as trailess a kill as possible.

I will have some insight on SPM and his statements in a little bit. I am also waiting for Pitchwife. Even if the person you dreamed of innocent, it will at least give us a known innocent in the village.

Edit: Crossed

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #134
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ring

Here are Wolfy Saucie's posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Ai! Ai!
  • Mighty Cthulhu arsing imperiously from the depths of the ocean to crush the empires of man.
  • Hordes of Byakhee descending from blood red skies to torment the gibbering wrecks below.
  • The bewildering angles and unnerving pyramids and domes of the Great City of Celeano.
  • Tentacles slithering in the shadows of the forest as the dread Black Goat of the Woods stirs in her slumber.
  • The mind numbing sight of Lost R’lyeh rising from the waves.
  • The madness inspired by dreams of Azathoth.
These things I have seen, experienced, painted. But Werewolves …? Who ever heard of such a thing? In Innsmouth?

But, who have we here?

Inziladun – I don’t like the look of the scales and webbed fingers. There’s certainly something fishy about him.
Pitchwife – A heretic, yes. But a Werewolf? Well, as far as I know there have been no Werewolves in Innsmouth before, so they’re kind of heretical.
Loslote – Humble? By day maybe. But fanged and hairy by night, quite possibly.
Hakon – Simply a denizen? A man of mystery, more like. Definitely suspicious.
wilwarin – Another denizen? Perhaps that’s two out of the three?
Nogrod – One who studies planets … and moons. Full moons, perhaps?
Roa – A physician? Someone who has knowledge of diseases. Like lyncanthrope, maybe? And wasn’t there something about entrails too …?
Craydon1 – Penniless he may be. But fangless? I wonder.
Nienna – Claims that she’s innocent. That’s a dead give away. Claims to be able to predict the weather too. Aren’t canine beasts known for doing the same?
Nerwen – No wonder that she’s the last scion. All that wolfish night time activity gets in the way of the getting of heirs, I am sure.
Legate – Displaced, eh? Like a Werewolf when in wolf form. No idea what Pnakotic Shards are but they sound sharp. Like claws.
A Little Green – Blind, so clearly relies on her sense of smell. Just like … you guessed it … a wolf.
Morsul – Quiet? But what about after he has locked up the library for the night? Maybe that’s when he gets loud and howly and growly.
Kitanna – Another denizen. Third of the mysterious ones. Third of the Werewolves perhaps?
Lairen Shadow – One more person of mystery. Hmm. Ah, I have it! The Agent no doubt, sent to expose our secrets.
Brinniel – Oh, another denizen. I am out of bad guys. But maybe that’s what she wants me to think ...

On a more serious note, I am expecting everyone to play their full part toDay (and, indeed, every Day). When it comes to voting, we won’t have a lot to go on. But we’ll have even less if people don’t speak up, play their part, make their opinions known. I hereby give warning that I shall not take kindly to those who seek to hide in the quiet shadows of the thread.

So, when I get back, I expect to have lots to review.
Quote:
Aye. Disturbed that nearly half of the village has not yet spoken. And disturbing? Yes, I plan on causing much disturbance to the Wolves in our midst.

Back shortly ...
Quote:
Not a lot to go on, my dear cosmologist, no. Thus far, everyone seems a bit cagey as if afraid to put a foot (or a fin ... or even a paw perhaps) wrong. But there are a few things that have caught my attention.

I am also aware that scales and webbed hands may hide fur and claws. A perfect disguise, surely, in a village such as this. And yet you seem rather eager to defend Inzil and accuse me, Pitchwife. Did I perhaps hit a raw nerve in my random burblings?

What else would I mean? And what a strange comment. I am not quite sure what to make of it, but I will be keeping an eye on you.

Just to be clear. I was not suggesting that we should lynch people for their playing style. I was (and am) saying that I will have no patience for those who look like they are trying to lay low to avoid attention.

Quite so. And its the latter types that I will have no truck with.
Quote:
Yes, good work and all that, Noggie old chap. And yet, you have simply given a reason for suspecting everyone who has posted thus far. Which might in itself be considered Wolfish behaviour, as you are seen to be making accusations (not 'nice' behaviour, to use your phrase) while remaining entirely non-committal (as between those you have discussed) at the same time.

But this I agree with. It is in a Wolf's interests to appear reasonable and helpful, to align itself with the majority, and to avoid drawing to much attention to itself.

Heh heh. I think that we ought perhaps to credit the poor departed mod with a little more sense. Not that I would discount Nienna from consideration of course. Her one contribution thus far was very 'nice', as Noggie puts it.
Quote:
Don't worry Morsul, you haven't voted yet. Voting is done in a particular way, with double plus signs and in bold type, as follows:

++Name of person you are voting for

I presume that votes should be in bold and don't need to be highlighted in red, as there is nothing that they need be distinguished from.

And there was me thinking that you would vote for whoever looks least suspicious to you ...

Actually, I think wilwa has it about right. Barring any major slip-ups from the Wolves, Day 1 votes are pretty much random, whatever reasons people might come up with. Except the Wolves' votes, of course. And that is one of the main reasons why what happens on Day 1 can be so useful on Day 2. Which reminds me. Let's try to avoid any major Day 1 bandwagons, shall we? They are terribly dangerous things and they make it much easier for the Wolves to hide their votes.

Edit: Crossed with Morsul. Now I don't know whether you have voted or not ...
Quote:
Morsul, old chap, I'll put this down to WWn00byness too, but it is generally considered very bad form in Werewolf games to edit the content of one's posts in any major way. The reason being that a Wolf could otherwise use the edit function to hide its tracks. You can edit to correct something minor like a typo which doesn't affect the content or to indicate where you have cross-posted with someone but, if you do, you should always give the reason for the edit.

If you need to explain something in a previous post, or add to it, or anything like that, then you should put it in a new post.

I'm off to paint something dark, glistening and tentacled. I'll be back later in the Day.
Quote:
My masterpiece is complete! I am back!

So first Pitchwife defends you and now you seem to be defending him? Is there some kind of a conection between the two of you? Probably too obvious, but I am bearing it in mind. I disagree with others that Pitchwife has been overly agreeable. Au contraire, I found him unduly hostile in his first post, singling out for comment my words on him and Inzil from the flim-flammery that I posted. Maybe it was to provoke discussion, so I shall reserve judgment for now.

Hmm, unlike others, I am not sure what answering this question is going to tell anyone. For, what it’s worth, I was in my attic studio painting yet another masterpiece, a depiction of the windowless obsidian towers of Yuggoth. Of course, like everyone else, I can produce no witness to confirm my alibi, so where does that get us?

You see, I just don’t get this. A Wolf and an innocent will both approach the question in exactly the same way. Both will be making up something based upon their stated role. I actually preferred Craydon’s other suggestion – that we say who we would kill if we were Wolves – or I would, but for the fact that it may give the Wolves ideas. Still, I suppose it has got people talking, which is no bad thing in itself.

Morsul’s vote was based on invalid criteria, that much is clear. I’m putting that down to his newbie status, for now at least. But equally, I do not begrudge Nienna a little anger at receiving toDay’s first vote based on invalid criteria. I see nothing unusual in it and, indeed, I am more alarmed about those who have sought to make more of it than it merits (yes, I’m looking at you Legate and Nogrod).

I didn’t like Craydon’s vote either, being as it was totally unsupported by any reasoning. But as he’s a newbie, in these parts at least, I shall give him a break too for toDay.

Hehe. My reputation is for others to judge, but ‘awesome’ is not exactly a word I would ever use to describe myself, either in relation to my Werewolf prowess or otherwise. Like others, I do not consider Hakon’s reasons for suspecting me and for voting for Inzil to be valid. I am not sure that this alone points to him being a Wolf, though. In fact, I think that a Wolf is far more likely to come up with some kind of an in-game reason to justify its vote.

Hmm, now that’s much better reasoning, Morsul. And a good point to boot.

However, there is one person who is worrying me more than any other at the moment. Loslote posted a few times, but with little to say, early in the Day. Then (at #58), she sets out her thoughts on everyone in the village. Only it doesn’t really say very much at all. Indeed, if I am honest, it is a masterpiece of non-committal. For each villager, she either says they might be a Wolf or they might not, or she has nothing to say about them. She even tries to excuse her suspicion of her lynch candidate du jour, Pitchwife:

So, just like practically everyone else on your list, he might be a Wolf but he might not be, but you’re going to vote for him anyway. Why him in particular? The vote ends up being very unreasoned. Overall, Loslote’s activity comes across to me as typically Wolfish. Posting a fair bit to show she’s engaged, trying to look helpful, but actually avoiding saying very much of anything at all.

I thought that my meaning was fairly obvious. I find it a strange basis upon which to suspect someone, and so I remain wary of you.

I am currently wary of Pitchwife, Inzil, Larien and Nerwen, for the reasons stated above. But my main suspect by far is Loslote, on account of her unnervingly Wolfish behaviour. And, since I am not sure whether I will be have a chance to get back before the Day is out:

++Loslote
really going to catch up now, then there shall be some substantial comments from me.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #135
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Pitchie: I'm really sorry about suspecting you. I had no real suspects and had to leave early and you felt a bit off to me. Now I know why...

I wonder why Greenie. Always the possibility of a no trail kill... or it could be maybe they thought she was the ranger... thoughts?

Edit: x-ed with a bunch
Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #136
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I wonder why Greenie. Always the possibility of a no trail kill... or it could be maybe they thought she was the ranger... thoughts?
I'd lean more toward the lack of a trail. I just don't see anything else.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #137
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Morsul, Nogrod, Wilwa, Pitchie, Loslote, Craydon, Inzil, Larien and Nerwen all are players SpM mentioned beyond his first in character post. I think that's everyone at least. In his vote post he mentioned being wary of Pitchwife, Inzil, Larien and Nerwen, and in the end voted for Loslote.

Now since it was only Day 1 I wonder how much distant he would have put between himself and the other wolves. I'm going to believe Pitchwife is telling us the truth because I doubt a baddie would do a false reveal so early, especially with only mediocre suspicion around them. So that leaves Inzil, Larien, Loslote, and Nerwen as SpM suspects. Based on SpM's vote I'm the least wary of Loslote. However, I'm going to go check out their posts, as well as the posts of the other people SpM mentioned in seriousness.

As for Greenie she was probably a no trace kill.

Ok off to review some posts.

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-15-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: edit: grammatical errors
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #138
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Ring

Quote:
Okay, but THAT screams "wolf" to me. Because really. I completely disagree with what Hakon did (and I said so), but then, if you try to think of it deeper... Would Hakon do such a thing as a Wolf? Or, is it any indication of his wolfishness? Also, like I said, I can well imagine even innocent Hakon being so "rude" and vote in the way he did. Also, what is the Wolves' purpose? It's to find a person whom the others suspect and vote for him/her as well, in order to hide in the crowd, or to find somebody to whom they can draw the suspicion of other villagers. But would what Hakon just did be a good opportunity to find a target for the village? I doubt it. I doubt Hakon-Wolf could have hoped for getting Inzil lynched by saying what he did. These were no reasons which would create a bandwagon.
But voting for Hakon at the moment when it seems that there is a good point to catch on, now that is what wilwa does. And that actually looks like a good start of a bandwagon, indeed! That's why it screams wolfy to me. And anyway, wilwa, if you are accusing Hakon of having bad logic and that he should be better, look at your own vote for him. "I don't like him" is about as bad logic as Hakon uses. No, really. You are either being hypocritical, or being a Wolf.
"I don't like him" because of his bad logic. I think that's fairly logical. I came on yesterday expecting to do a random vote cause it was still fairly early and I hadn't yet seen anyone suspicious, but I saw the "Inzil's been a wolf so many times he might be now too" and found it to be the most suspicious thing so far, therefore I voted for him. Better then a random vote, which is what it would have been otherwise.

And I suggested everyone say something (whether it was substantial or not) I didn't mean everyone should post 20 random times and talk about tuna fish and unicorns, I meant that they could post atleast once and simply agree/disagree or re-state stuff and that would be better then nothing. [/defence]

Quote:
You think I don't know that? I would have preferred to handle this more subtly, if I could, but just so we don't mess up:
I know for a fact The Saucepan Man is a wolf.
How? Well, guess!
I'm the Dreamer.
Initially I thought this seemed a bit premature, cause he was not guaranteed to get lynched (heck, it probably would have been me). But I can see why he'd do this, everything happens so fast at the end of the Day that waiting may have made it too late for him. So good job Pitch! Really curious to know who you dreamt of.

I agree that Greenie was probably just a no-trail kill. Nothing really stands out from her posts. Since the Dreamer was already out in the open the wolves didn't have to worry about trying to catch him, so a no-trail is the next best thing.

I gotta get some studying done (exam tomorrow) and then get off to class, but I'll be back in a few hours and will post a list or something.

x'ed with Kit
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #139
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

SPM throws serious suspicion at Pitchwife (who we know to be innocent) and Loslote. I highly doubt that SPM would seriously try to lynch a fellow wolf so early in the game. It’s simply not his style.

He throws somewhat serious suspicion towards Inzil based on a supposed connection with Pitch, which we know to be false. This could be either another attempt to throw suspicion on an innocent, or an attempt to distance himself from a fellow wolf and set up another play. In the event that Inzil got lynched (he was in the lead at this point) and turned out to be a wolf, make it easier to kill Pitch whom SPM would have known to be innocent.

He throws mild but not serious suspicion at Nogrod, but it has little merit. Could be an attempt to distance himself from fellow wolves. He does so again later, this time adding in Legate. So he “suspects” Nogrod but not strongly.

He attempts to build a strong case against Loslote which some people do in fact bite onto. I think it’s safe to leave Loslote for now. He also says he suspects Nerwen and Larien, but I can’t find his reason for doing so.

SPM probably threw mild suspicion onto one wolf and completely ignored the other. In this case, it would make Inzil, Nogrod, Nerwen, and Larien as people to be looked at. Based solely on SPM's posts, Nogrod is the most suspicious, but I intentionally ignored him on Day 1 so as to not get drawn into a clash and waste the village's time. I will look at him more closely now that I have a reason for doing so.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 10-15-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added emphasis
Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #140
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Inzil
Post 1: In character
Post 2: Comments on a post made by Greenie. Mentions there is a difference between playing style and a "a non-entity that slips quietly through the cracks"
Post 4: Thinks Nogrod and SpM overreacted to Pitchwife's first post.
Post 5: Comments on Craydon's idea of asking questions of the village.
Post 7: Comments on Hakon's vote. Mentions SpM, but it looks like this is only an example of not using meta-game voting.
Post 8: Throws some suspicion Loslote's way. Also he mentions Nienna's reaction to Morsul's vote as seeming a bit odd. Decides to stay away from Craydon based on newness and Hakon for being his usual self.
Post 10: Asks Pitchie if revelation was a bit premature.
Post 11: Votes SpM
Post 12: Says Pitchie could be the agent, but decides whatever happens on Day 1 will give us something for Day 2.
The posts I left out weren't anything of real interest, mostly just quick responses to this or that.
In conclusions, Inzil doesn't seem good or bad either way. He voted like everyone else did after the reveal so there's nothing to go on there. He mentioned all three of the knowns (SpM, Greenie, and Pitchie), but didn't really say much about any of them. As far as I can tell Inzil didn't really find anyone suspcious, though he did have a few things to say about Loslote and Nienna, but none of that suggested he'd have voted for them yesterday.

Lariren
Post 1: Mostly Day 1 jabber. Agrees we should stay positive about catching a wolf that day.
Post 2: Puts a little suspicion out there on SpM, suggesting he could have been trying to hint to the wolves to "play their parts". Suggests Hakon may be trying to throw off suspicion by throwing it on SpM. Questions Loslote's jump on Craydon's idea.
Post 3: Vote count, lists suspects. Loslote, Hakon, SPM, and Brinn make her need watching list. Wilwa alone falls in the "keep them around" list.
Post 4: Explains what she meant about keeping Wilwa around, wanted to say seems innocent in a new way. Mentions Nienna's reaction to her vote, but doesn't find it anything special. Another vote count.
Post 5: Wary of Pitchie's reveal, says she'll vote SpM or possibly Hakon.
To me Lariren seems a bit more dodgy than Inzil, but not by a lot. In her list she says who she wants to watch and why, but doesn't say much else about what she thinks. Her vote for SpM isn't a surprise and I think she might have voted that way regardless of the reveal.

That's what I have time for now. ToDay is a bad day for me because of work. I'll be around for an hour or so in a few hours then I'll reappear once more about four hours before DL. I'll finish my looks into those SpM suspected and talked about later.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #141
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
As far as I can tell Inzil didn't really find anyone suspcious, though he did have a few things to say about Loslote and Nienna, but none of that suggested he'd have voted for them yesterday.
Actually, until Pitch's reveal, I have to say I was leaning toward Loslote. I didn't like her vote for Pitch, as it seemed to me she was simply grasping at the comments made by SPM and Nog (that I had noted earlier I thought were overreactions on their parts), and using them to justify her suspicion of Pitch.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #142
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Good morning, fellow citizens! Cthulhu smiled on us yesterDay, but last Night the waters of my dreams were cloudy as far as the scrying of wolves is concerned. I can identify an innocent, but unfortunately that will not help us much, as the wolves have revealed her role before me. In other words, Greenie was my dream (because she really fooled me last time around, I have a bad habit of not looking at her closely enough, and she hadn't posted much to judge her from otherwise).
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to help Innsmouth much more except by ordinary guesswork - unless the Priest pulled off a daring gamble last Night and refrained from protecting me. Makes me have second thoughts about that early reveal now... but it can't be helped.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #143
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

While I'm talking - I'm not sure how much we'll gain from The Saucepan Wolf's posts. I reckon he'd be cunning enough not to implicate his packmates in any obvious way, and I wouldn't put it beyond him to passingly suspect, or even vote, one of them. His vote for Lottie surely makes her look innocent for now, but it's not conclusive evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I highly doubt that SPM would seriously try to lynch a fellow wolf so early in the game.
In my eyes, giving somebody a single vote without a solid case behind it long before DL doesn't exactly amount to 'seriously trying to lynch' her; but I suppose you're more familiar with SpM's style than I am. If we only consider her own posts, Lottie looks unsuspicious enough to me.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #144
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nog analysis:

Note: I've had to remove the smilies as one isn't allowed to post more than 3 in one post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
That is an interesting concept for the new cosmology... we may need to study that further...

Well, of course you don't as no one has done anything.

So think of a detective.... How does one get to start making conclusions? Well, when there is data to build the deductions on. And are there any right now? No.

It's so sad a student of parallel universes has to tell you this universe is dull and void...

And without meaning.

Unless we find some. Let me see...
First post… wants to find some data to build suspicion on

Quote:
Let's take the infamous rule that one of the first posters is a wolf as they have a desire to be active...So SPaM, Pitchie, Inzil, Loslote...?

I would be surpriesed indeed if one of them was not a wolf but then again being among the first ones to post should not be a reason to lynch anyone on any Day as such.

Anyway, shouldn't you guys be able to make even one case against someone so that we could get actually started?

Let me show you an example at this time of the Day... (sad it is but it's something compared to what you have done this far)

SPM is just so nice (and a perfect cover making that funny list and all) - but as he has not been around for years I would not like to suggest lynching him toDay on that... Be there real reasons it'd be different.

I get a bit disturbing feeling from Pitchie's first post. It feels like he tries to look like a critical and autonomous person but still rubbing Spm the right way... Also the way he praises Greenie for great points looks more like trying to make friends than actually giving a verdict on something to the benefit of the townsfolk. So slightly worrying.

Inzil manages to post thrice to say nothing in particular. Suspicious.

Loslote looks either lost (with time?) or just pure evil. Nienna looks no better...

But Wilwa then? All the showed optimism and the explanations of not being around all the time... Just what a wolf would write... keeping up appearances, you know?

Lari I'm a bit baffled about as she says basically the same the others before her but I'm not as suspicious of her. Maybe that means she actually is a baddie?

I always suspect Greenie - and she is always a bad girl! Now this much praised talk of the general terms is just what an intelligent wolf would do. Stay on the abstract level and speak of things people would like to hear and agree on. The most basic wolf-tactics...

Legate seems a bit disinterested as well. Nothing to go for without some toil, sure but maybe he's being too easy?

The thing fitting for every wolf: the more we just keep on saying "hi there, nice to meet you" or "let's kill the bastards"; or taking the meta-level in the beginning like "the quiet ones can be productive / should be lynched immediately"; or just plain refusing to "open the game" with any suspicions...

So let's do the town a favour and not lynch the controversial people but a nice one.

The wolwes need to be nice, we don't. The wolves don't need to find the culprits, we have to do that.

They can rub you the right way anyrime, we can't afford that with anyone.

Think about that unless you had more important things to think about...
This post is interesting. He makes comments about early posters and it actually turned out that the first person to post was a wolf. I’m not really sure why he brought that up as it doesn’t seem like a point most people find serious… maybe he had insider knowledge?

The rest of the post is basically a normal Nog rant about killing the quiet ones.

Quote:
Why wouldn't you do it Wilwa?

And I actually mean it whatever your role is. If you get lynched early because of what you say but thus help us others to spot a wolf you'll be a hero. So be brave and open your mind! Why can't you?

And anyway, why will not everyone say things aloud?

Okay the first posters are a thing in themselves as there is nothing to build any opinios on but already now I think there is a lot to be said (which I have kind of tried to exemplify in my last post).

So there are no more excuses to say just "hello", "have a good Day" or "let's get those bastards"...

That's like over and done with.

It would be much better if you actually said something yourself and not just called for others to say something - as reasonable as that call is in itself.

The wolves love to take that kind of a posture: say what is wise but not expose their own necks to actually do that which they think the others should do...

Okay. Sleep for me as well now but I'll be back later in the Day...
Reaffirms points from his last post, challenges Wilwa to actually say something controversial that may expose a wolf. He keeps saying things like this but then doesn’t really say anything controversial of his own…

Quote:
Exactly. Although it should be added that it's difficult, or probably even impossible , to ignore all the meta-reasons one has for suspecting people on Day1. But it's a different thing to have suspicions based on some meta-reasons than to try and argue for ones votes with them.

Like I just can't help it that because Greenie has so totally fooled me a few times lately and I have the feeling she's always a baddie it makes me suspect her also on this Day. Or if I thought the mod had made a slip in the narration I couldn't help that thought affecting my suspicions, but I couldn't argue my "case" based on that slip as it would be kind of "unsporty" (some of you might remember Glirdan's game where he slipped the gender of the last wolf in the narration that one being the only one of that sex left).

So let's try not to suspect people based on meta-reasons and at least not use them as arguments...

Okay. Off with the meta-reason discussion with me.

I need to make a pie for the girls but I will think while doing it. But just from the last posts a few little things...

Somehow the way how Lari makes her comment on wilwa strikes me: It may be that she just wished to express herself differently (there are many of whom she says only "seems innocent" or "pretty innocent looking" etc.). But of wilwa she says that we should keep her around with actual backing / arguments for why she thinks so. And I think there had been some suspicions raised on wilwa, so that would fit "nicely" ...

Secondly I do share Legate's concern on Nienna. The way she reacted to one badly backed vote early in the voting really looks like she felt the whole village was after her. And that's something the wolves tend to feel more easily than innocents.

EDIT: X'd with wilwa
Doesn’t want to use meta game reasons for suspicion, begins to find me suspicious because I defended myself against Morsul’s vote. This seems like a timid latch onto Legate’s suspicion maybe to see if it would lead to my lynching…

Quote:
It's interesting you say that you think that those who see Nienna's reactions to a first vote of the Day as over-nervous á la wolves are suspicious but then base your own vote on something as solid as what you say in the quote above...

Wouldn't this quote of yours describe also your vote and your reasons for it?

Okay. Yes, there's very little to go on as usual on Day1 and we all have to find whatever there could be to help us in our judgements. I think you Spm are reading way too much in Loslote's indecisiveness and I see more merit in the fact that Nienna reacted so strongly on the vote on her. I don't think either is a good "case" in any way but both are better than nothing.

But are they or either of them correct arguments? That's the tough one...

EDIT: X'd with Roa
Wolf on wolf with SPM and Nog?... I don’t know…

Quote:
Okay.

Apart from Nienna I seem to have only one decent pair of candidates which is Lari and wilwa - and I need to run for the choir rehearsals in a moment.

Now I see many people have raised concerns with wilwa but just suggesting that people should talk a lot even if they don't have a lot to say is not the greatest possible argument against her. Actually it doesn't make her look guilty in any way. But the sudden defence of her by Lari (with actual points why - which she gave practically of none else) when some suspicion started to emerge raises my eyebrows to be sure.

I just saw Nienna's post and am not sure what to say of it. Her explanation feels genuinish but it reminds me of yet one thing that looked so overdefensive about her, eg. quoting herself in the admin. thread before the roles were dealt. If that is not over-defensive then what is?

And I am a bit confused about her vote as well...

Bah. Needs to vote now.

++ Nienna

EDIT: X'd with Kit
He votes for me even though he thought my explanation was genuinish, but then said that I was over defensive and apparently that makes me a wolf. This seems like a pretty good way to start a bandwagon.

In summary I think Nog is one of the more suspicious people toDay.

Last edited by Nienna; 10-15-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: clarified that the whole post was about Nog
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #145
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

And stating the obvious, Roa looks pretty good up to now. She was quite energetic in her suspicion of SpM and the only one who voted him before I revealed.
Among those who voted after said reveal, Lari is the only one who had voiced suspicion of SpM earlier and, as Kit points out, might have voted him anyway. Looks good as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #146
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And stating the obvious, Roa looks pretty good up to now. She was quite energetic in her suspicion of SpM and the only one who voted him before I revealed.
Among those who voted after said reveal, Lari is the only one who had voiced suspicion of SpM earlier and, as Kit points out, might have voted him anyway. Looks good as well.
I don't know as I would write off either Roa or Lari based on their SPM suspicions just yet. Especially Roa as before you revealed it didn't seem likely that people would vote for SPM if only because he has just returned to WW. A wolf might think that suspecting him would take the heat off of them if he was found out a wolf exactly like you are doing now. I'm not saying that they are in any way guilty but I don't know as I would say that their suspicion of SPM makes them innocent either.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #147
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Nienna, point taken - but 'looks good' is not a synonym for 'is innocent', it just means 'looks more unsuspicious than suspicious to me until further evidence'.
I was about to give Nog bonus points, too, for commenting on the infirmity of SpM's 'case' against Lottie, but now you mention it, his wavering in the question of your over-defensiveness seems noteworthy.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #148
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Where is everybody? I haven't got all day, and that Zann toccata's waiting for me; if nobody's talking, I'll go on working on that for a while, hoping to finish the transcription while I'm alive. Back in a couple of hours.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #149
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hello, fellow villagers! Yog-Sothoth!

Okay, let's see now. As for what happened, I would say the death of Greenie is very, very probably a no-track kill. Unless the WWs are really good in reading minds and it was there to intercept the Dreamer's dream, which I doubt, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
"I don't like him" because of his bad logic. I think that's fairly logical. I came on yesterday expecting to do a random vote cause it was still fairly early and I hadn't yet seen anyone suspicious, but I saw the "Inzil's been a wolf so many times he might be now too" and found it to be the most suspicious thing so far, therefore I voted for him. Better then a random vote, which is what it would have been otherwise.
Okay, fair enough, I see the point now. Does not call back watching you, but point taken...

As for SpM, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
SPM throws serious suspicion at Pitchwife (who we know to be innocent) and Loslote. I highly doubt that SPM would seriously try to lynch a fellow wolf so early in the game. It’s simply not his style.
I think so too. Actually, as far as I can recall, it would really seem SpM-ish to me that he would mention one of his fellows, and that's about it. And he would not even need to suspect him, necessarily. I think he is usually not the type to do that, not that early anyway. So basically, what Roa said. Which, by the way, makes me think good of her, as it looks like genuine reasoning (unless they are culprits and are diverting our attention, of course, but I don't think so now).

As for the people SpM posted about. Loslote then is very likely clear for me. I don't know that much about Inzil, but I must confess I haven't been paying that much attention to him, so I may as well start to do it now and get a better picture of him anyway. As for Lari's interaction with SpM (especially such as on the second page), well, I must say I was slightly suspicious of Lari by the end of yesterDay, after looking at SpM's posts, but on the other hand, orchestrating a Wolf-on-Wolf suspicion on such a weird comment, like saying that SpM is an Agent... unless it would be a deliberate way of creating a "shield" to defend SpM in the future (the Wolves could then say "hey yes, he is suspicious, but he's likely just an Agent, so let's not waste a lynch on him"). But for some reason that sounds to me quite too much complicated plan, which I don't think the Wolves would pull so soon.

Oh, by the way. We have an Agent here. Let's not forget it. He could make a lot of mess. Just to keep it in mind.

Well, I am not sure if I will be around now, it's rather late here, though I will be certainly (or hope I will be) more active tomorrow, that is, in some ten hours... or maybe a bit more, not to be too optimistic. Or maybe I'll pop in yet now, and be around for a while.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #150
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It is good that the wolves did not go after Pitchwife last night since I now for a fact that the ranger did not protect him. Yes my fellow villagers, I am the ranger. I will however protect Pitchwife tonight. I am stating this since I feel like I might end up a lynch target because I once again have to vote early. I also want to add I knew SPM was a wolf. I called it on that one. Sorry for the bragging.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #151
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
It is good that the wolves did not go after Pitchwife last night since I now for a fact that the ranger did not protect him. Yes my fellow villagers, I am the ranger. I will however protect Pitchwife tonight. I am stating this since I feel like I might end up a lynch target because I once again have to vote early. I also want to add I knew SPM was a wolf. I called it on that one. Sorry for the bragging.
Okay, after seeing this, well I had to calm down a bit before actually writing this post (and I suggest to everybody to do the same). Okay, after thinking about it a bit: I don't think that it was a wise thing to just reveal, Hakon. At least I didn't think of lynching you at all. But whatever. I must say, it seems like Hakon to do something like that, but it's slightly crazy. And confusing. Whatever.

Anyway, now certainly this is a thing people are going to react to, but, let me strongly emphasise now, let's not spend all Day on one thing. A pre-emptive warning, because I can already imagine it. Anyway, as for that, Priest or whatnot, I don't think I am going to vote for Hakon. It would be certainly very very nice, anyway, if Pitchwife can get another dream. With some better luck this time, and picking somebody whom the WWs won't target.

And as my thoughts are in a bit of a disarray now (understandable, also given the late hour), I may have yet a word or two even on the abovementioned issue, after I sleep on it a bit. So anyway, read you probably in several hours, fellow villagers.

"Slumber, watcher, till the Spheres/Six and twenty thousand years/Have revolv'd, and I return/To the spot where now I burn..."

*disappears Beyond the Wall of Sleep*
Old 10-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #152
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Wow I missed a lot Especially Pitch Revealing himself as the seer, Here's why that's suspicious to me, because I'm the dreamer I'm thinking Pitch revealed either to save himself from lynching or more likely to get in our good graces by giving up one of his fellow wolfs... If that's the case then Brinn is highly suspect too. Look how quickly she accepted his deception.

Although Nerwen is still fairly suspect very bandwagondish, though maybe not wolfish. By the way he drew a lot of interest yesterday so I checked out Inzil he's clear.

Although I won't vote in my first post this time I'd like to point out Pitch fooled us once let's be weary of any suggestions he has. I mean Come on he "dreamed" about the person was kill conveniently unhelpful isn't it?

Edit: Crossed with Legate

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 10-15-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
Protect Pitch tonight and give him one more dream. Let's hope it's a good one toNight.
I'll say nothing about your reveal in itself, save for the fact that you certainly should only have done this if you were in serious danger of being lynched. And yes, indeed you were right about SPM. I still don't endorse the thought process that led you to your conclusion though.

EDIT- Just noticed Morsul! What!?!

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-15-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: left out a word
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #154
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If you are the dreamer, then who did you dream about? Enlighten us.

Last edited by Hakon; 10-15-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: crossed with inziladun
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #155
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Morsul, if I was your dream one Night, who was your other?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #156
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

*returns promptly as even before closing the thread itself, some coruscations of demon light appeared in here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Wow I missed a lot Especially Pitch Revealing himself as the seer, Here's why that's suspicious to me, because I'm the dreamer I'm thinking Pitch revealed either to save himself from lynching or more likely to get in our good graces by giving up one of his fellow wolfs... If that's the case then Brinn is highly suspect too. Look how quickly she accepted his deception.

Although Nerwen is still fairly suspect very bandwagondish, though maybe not wolfish. Btw he drew a lot of interest yesterday so I checked out Inzil he's clear.

Although I won't vote in my first post this time I'd like to point out Pitch fooled us once let's be weary of any suggestions he has. I mean Come on he "dreamed" about the person was kill conveniently unhelpful isn't it?
EURGH!!! What is wrong with you people, has the Madness taken you all??? (Already???) Now come on!!! That can't be.

As for that matter, it at least eases my mind on something. Both Hakon and Morsul (or Pitchwife) cannot be Agents, and I don't think they would be an Agent and a Wolf or something like that. Or just a Wolf among all this madness, it sounds too... crazy. Or suicidal.

For that matter, I believe you forgot to list your First Night's dream for us. Therefore, I don't find your claim very reliable.

Unless... no, come on. Unless you folks made some totally weird conspiracy, like you and Hakon being two of the remaining Wolves, but that will be impossible to hold, as once the real Dreamer and Priest's roles would become known, you'd be done for. (By the way, do we have four WWs, right? If I understood the first narration correctly...)

Okay, whatever! I am going to sleep now!! Enough of this!!! Yet these creatures mock me and say that there is no city of Olathoe and that there is no land of Lomar aiiiieeeee... Azathoth have mercy! No more revelations, please...

Current thoughts. Pw: Dreamer. Morsul: bad, probably agent. Hakon: ok, for now...

I mean, it seems really unlikely to me that Pw and SpM would pull off such a trick only to buy the Wolves some time (they would basically expose themselves).

EDIT: x-ed with a few, okay, I will stay around for a while yet and see if Morsul posts anything or what... eurgh.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #157
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well because of my inexperience I just kind of picked Random I chose Roa, there was nothing interesting there. Inzil was a more educated guess though
Old 10-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #158
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So now we have two seers and a ranger? Oh man...

Morsul, if you're the dreamer, who did you dream?

Hakon, that was totally unnecessary. You were in no danger whatsoever, and if the wolves had tried to kill pitchwife toNight, they wouldn't have made a kill and we'd be up an advantage.

I'm pretty sure Morsul is the Agent. As such we should ignore him. (He counts as an innocent in the numbers.) I did the very same thing to seer-Rikae when I was the cobbler. Pitch wasn't in lead in the votes, and would certainly not have handed over a fellow wolf on Day 1, especially one as powerful as SPM.

Edit: Crossed with a bunch. And what did your dreams reveal about me and Inzil?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #159
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
I'm pretty sure Morsul is the Agent. As such we should ignore him. (He counts as an innocent in the numbers.) I did the very same thing to seer-Rikae when I was the cobbler. Pitch wasn't in lead in the votes, and would certainly not have handed over a fellow wolf on Day 1, especially one as powerful as SPM.
Agreed with this all. And now, let me go to sleep at least.

"Other stars anon shall rise/To the axis of the skies
Stars that soothe and stars that bless/With a sweet forgetfulness:
Only when my turn is o'er/Shall the past disturb thy door"

I am amazed by how much I remember.

Good night. Will be back.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #160
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I can already tell this day is going to be wasted. *throws hands up and stalks off to do analysis*

Edit: Crossed with Legate