The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #161
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
I can already tell this day is going to be wasted. *throws hands up and stalks off to do analysis*

Edit: Crossed with Legate
Good luck with that.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #162
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Don't you see how cunningly he's pulling this off?

I think the early reveal was pretty bold, of course when I expose him I come under scrutiny, Seriously guys come on as I understand the track record you lost a seer on day1 the past few times don't let it happen again... We're off to a great start

Pitch and Brinn are My forerunners

Nerwen although not as strongly suspect

Legate voted for SPM but tried to make it look like he did so logically but then basically said "Fine SPM"
Old 10-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #163
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Here's why I have a tough time with this, Morsul.

Theoretically, Pitch could be a wolf, and his giving up SPM a plot to ensure his being thought innocent the rest of the game.
However, if Pitch survives beyond Day 3 or so, I would have to assume he was a wolf and go for him. Everyone knows that a revealed Seer is a dead Seer. It's only a matter of time. If he wasn't killed by the wolves after the oportunities for the Priest to protect him ran out, we'd have his number.
I do appreciate your giving me the all-clear though, as I am indeed innocent.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #164
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Wow I missed a lot Especially Pitch Revealing himself as the seer, Here's why that's suspicious to me, because I'm the dreamer I'm thinking Pitch revealed either to save himself from lynching or more likely to get in our good graces by giving up one of his fellow wolfs... If that's the case then Brinn is highly suspect too. Look how quickly she accepted his deception.

Although Nerwen is still fairly suspect very bandwagondish, though maybe not wolfish. By the way he drew a lot of interest yesterday so I checked out Inzil he's clear.

Although I won't vote in my first post this time I'd like to point out Pitch fooled us once let's be weary of any suggestions he has. I mean Come on he "dreamed" about the person was kill conveniently unhelpful isn't it?

Edit: Crossed with Legate
Both Pitch and Morsul are making me uneasy. I really don't know which is really being truthful. I am tempted to believe Morsul though. I mean think about it, if he was faking it wouldn't he have said that he too had dreamt of SPM?? Just to make it more believable? I don't know it's tough.....

Oh my Hakon. So I was right to vote you yesterDay. You're really going to make me do this aren't you??

I'm the Priest! I've never been the ranger before so I was panicked last Night and protected Pitch, I was too scared to bluff the wolves. I have no idea what I'll do toNight. Oh, and I`ve been using the ring as my symbol on all my posts, to represent the rings that Priests wear when they make their vows.

Therefore Hakon must either be a wolf or the Agent (leaning towards Agent, too bold for a wolf I think). This game has gotten ridiculous.

Sorry to just drop this on you guys, but I really have to get some studying done, just didn`t want Hakon to get away with this.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 10-15-2009 at 05:27 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #165
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Both Pitch and Morsul are making me uneasy. I really don't know which is really being truthful. I am tempted to believe Morsul though. I mean think about it, if he was faking it wouldn't he have said that he too had dreamt of SPM?? Just to make it more believable? I don't know it's tough.....

Oh my Hakon. So I was right to vote you yesterDay. You're really going to make me do this aren't you??

I'm the Priest! I've never been the ranger before so I was panicked last Night and protected Pitch, I was too scared to bluff the wolves. I have no idea what I'll do toNight. Oh, and I`ve been using the ring as my symbol on all my posts, to represent the rings that Priests wear when they make their vows.

Therefore Hakon must either be a wolf or the Agent (leaning towards Agent, too bold for a wolf I think). This game has gotten ridiculous.

Sorry to just drop this on you guys, but I really have to get some studying done, just didn`t want Hakon to get away with this.
Ok, had to calm down. Firstly, if Hakon is evil then you just played right into his hands. Secondly, why would you say you protected Pitch last night? You could have bluffed and said you didn't and we could have had the seer one more night.

All these reveals are driving me insane. Gifteds are supposed to be unknown. This is rediculous. I hope the hunter has the common sense to stay quiet.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #166
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry Roa I wanted to stay quiet but I couldn't let Pitch get away with this I mean we'd be crazy to protect him like that.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #167
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul, Pitch would have been killed had he survived much longer than a revealed seer should. If you're really the seer then all you've done is reveal yourself to the wolves.

Pitch also handed us a wolf. You handed us two innocents which are the easiest thing for a trickster to reveal. Because if you're a wolf then you know who's innocent. If you say a gifted is innocent, they'd assume you were just trying to hide their real role as an act of protection. An Agent can't fail, because no way is a wolf declared innocent gonna say that they're not. As for handing over a wolf?

Pitch is either a bumbling Agent, a bold wolf who's plan cannot possibly succeed, or the real dreamer. The odds are with a dreamer, because I have never seen a baddie pretending to be a seer claim that they know a wolf.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #168
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ring

Quote:
Ok, had to calm down. Firstly, if Hakon is evil then you just played right into his hands. Secondly, why would you say you protected Pitch last night? You could have bluffed and said you didn't and we could have had the seer one more night.
I know I know . I posted that then got off the computer to study for a bit, and I realised afterwards I should have never said who I protected, so I came back on. Besides, I'm not even positive Pitch is the dreamer, it could be Morsul. But it's so obvious to me that Hakon is evil, I just wanted it to be out there so we can definitely get a baddie today. I could always protect myself toNight and then get another protection (that only I know about) the following Night, or something. Like I said, I've never played this role before, so I'm not used to it.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #169
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also, to the village as a whole:

The real ranger and seer will be killed by the wolves. I tried leaving a revealed ranger alive in a game to freak people out, and it bit me in the... well you know what I mean. It's tactic that's overly bold, even for me. So I say we leave Hakon and Wilwa alone. The real ranger can continue in their duties and the fake one can attempt their shenanigans and the real one will be killed. So, Hakon, if you are the ranger, protect Pitch. Wilwa, if you are the ranger, protect Morsul.

As for the seers, well the wolves would be really foolish to leave the real seer alive to continue dreaming. Which means that every day Morsul and Pitch are still alive, the should post their dreams. If either finds a wolf, we lynch the "wolf." If it's a real wolf, hooray, we killed a real wolf. If not we know who the liar is. If it's an innocent, well, when the real seer dies we will have a list of known innocents.

Logically, one of the seers is the Agent and one of the rangers is a wolf.

Everyone else, I highly doubt there is more than one wolf in the mix. Definitely the agent, a wolf, and two gifteds. Which mean that there is still a wolf out there. Let's let this mess sort it out, because it will, and move on to finding the other wolf hiding in all of this chaos.

Edit: Edit crossed and bolding. Wilwa, if you doubt Pitch then you think Morsul is the seer so don't protect yourself. If you're really the ranger and you die, then we can catch Hakon. Don't protect yourself- it only helps you and not the rest of us.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 10-15-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #170
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Where's Sally when you need her? *headdesk*

I think of the two Priest claimants, Hakon would be the more likely fraud, since there was *no* legitimate reason for him to have revealed.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #171
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I knew I was at a risk of being lynched. If you people lynch me we will have a lot of issues like no more ranger. Wilwa is faking. I never thought something like this would happen. I am protecting Pitch tonight as I have already stated and Wilwa is not protecting anyone since she will be coming after me with her pack mates.

++Wilwa
Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #172
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nogrod
Post 1- Remarks that people have nothing to comment on because no one is doing anything. Suggestion of finding some meaning.

Okay. I agree with him, and I don’t see a problem here.

Post 2- Suggests that one of the first posters must be a wolf. Wonders why no one can make a case against them. Makes a case against each of them himself.

I don’t believe these were serious suspicions, but instead a means of stirring the pot and getting people to react. Others have said that he’s suggesting others be controversial while he isn’t, but he just made up suspicions against 8 players before a third of the Day was over. So he’s actually being quite controversial. Of course, his suggestion that we go for the nice people conveniently excludes him as a candidate.

Post 3- Says people shouldn’t be afraid of getting lynched. Wants people to say their thoughts out loud. Believe’s there’s much to be said now. Response to Wilwa, insinuates she a wolf

I don’t see other people’s reasoning here that he’s not following his own advice as he clearly is. What I do see is that he says wilwa is saying what sounds wise but not following through, which is what wolves do. So he essentially implies wilwa is acting like a wolf without directly saying so.

Post 4- Explains the difference between having meta-game reasons for suspecting someone and using those reasons as an argument for a vote, thinks Lari’s comment about Wilwa looks like one wolf trying to protect another. Shares Legate’s suspicions of Nienna

The whole Lari thing- he says that he “thinks” some suspicions had been raised against Wilwa, when he himself started raising them, albeit subtly, and then tries to fit in a comment made by Lari taken out of context and twisted a bit to fit in with this. I find this to be a very subtle attempt to start swaying suspicion towards Wilwa, which would be especially sinister given his previous statements about people saying what they think. He keeps insinuating Wilwa’s guilt without ever following through.

Post 5- Response to SPM, says his and SPM’s suspicions have the same level of solidness, compares his suspicion of Nienna with SPM’s suspicion of Loslote.

He admits his case against Nienna is weak, which is perfectly fine, given Day 1. However, he seems far more convinced about Lari and Wilwa. Also, this looks like “nudgenudgewinkwink, look at us making up cases…” He seems to find nothing suspicious in what SPM was doing to Loslote, nor does he see SPM’s double standard (that he just pointed out) as suspicious. What happened to being controversial?

Post 6- Says he suspects Nienna, Wilwa, and Lari, brushes off the Wilwa suspicion by saying that just because she told people to talk when they have nothing to say is no reason to suspect her. But Lari’s sudden defense of wilwa made him raise his eyebrows, thinks Nienna’s explanation may be genuine but looks overly defensive. Votes Nienna

So, he subtly raised the suspicion of Wilwa and just as subtly distanced himself from it. He makes a bigger point about Lari’s “sudden defense” of Wilwa (which was just a line in a list of people she thought innocent) and her “actual points” about it (which was her explaining herself to Nogrod after he asked about it.) Further more, he's barely mentioned Nienna while he's mentioned Wilwa three times, and seems to be very concerned over this Lari thing, but he votes Nienna anyways.

On the whole, it’s his case against Wilwa and Lari that make him look the most suspicious. Whether Wilwa is an innocent or a wolf, the subtlety in his case after telling people to speak their minds and stir things up is highly suspicious.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #173
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have to finish a paper that's due in the morning, so I'll be back on later, probably with more analysis and such.

It's been a while since I played a game with McCaber, but he wouldn't pull a Fea on us, would he?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #174
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Where is everybody? I haven't got all day, and that Zann toccata's waiting for me; if nobody's talking, I'll go on working on that for a while, hoping to finish the transcription while I'm alive. Back in a couple of hours.
Want to keep an eye on things and influence us to your liking?

I'm fairly certain he's either a wolf or a cobbler/agent.

and while brinn was taken in quickly Roa's endless defense for this impostor is very noticeable all the while attempting to look neutral.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #175
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I have to finish a paper that's due in the morning, so I'll be back on later, probably with more analysis and such.

It's been a while since I played a game with McCaber, but he wouldn't pull a Fea on us, would he?
What do you mean pull a Fea on us? I am still on the newer side of playing WW games.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #176
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I chose Roa, there was nothing interesting there.
Quote:
and while brinn was taken in quickly Roa's endless defense for this impostor is very noticeable all the while attempting to look neutral.
You claimed you dreamed of me and found me innocent. Now you find me suspicious because I'm "defending" Pitchwife (which I'm not.) Which is it, Morsul? I think you just made a fatal error.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #177
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow my memory is that bad huh? I'm so caught up in Pitchwife's claim I'm forgetting who's innocent... Well I hope a slip of memory doesn't make everyone make the wrong choice about the real seer
Old 10-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #178
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul is a horrible agent and Wilwa is an impostor. We have two people to go after now.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #179
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
You claimed you dreamed of me and found me innocent. Now you find me suspicious because I'm "defending" Pitchwife (which I'm not.) Which is it, Morsul? I think you just made a fatal error.
Nice catch, Roa!

The question is, Agent or wolf?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #180
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

damn, Fine as far as I know Pitch is a real seer, Wow I messed up. Anyway since I can't really hide at this point I might as try to help. Hakon while I may not be the real seer that doesn't make wilwa guilty by association. you're still suspect as is Wilwa.

Nerwen is suspect for aforementioned reasons...

Roa who is innocent I'm fairly sure because of his support of Pitch(and being my failure.) , makes a good case against nogrod.

Edit crossed with inzil
Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #181
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*sigh* Morsul's an agent, ignore him.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #182
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Ring

Ok. I have to go to sleep now. Really badly. So I'll just pop on real quick in the morning to vote, but not much more from me for toDay.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #183
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
...wow. You guys make my head hurt.

I'm pretty sure Morsul's the Agent, wilwa's the Priest, and Pitchie's the Dreamer. I may be wrong about wilwa, but I don't think so - Hakon seems suspicious to me. Day 1 he votes from meta-game reasons, and Day 2 he reveals for no reason. Wilwa at least had a reason. Also, since Hakon himself admitted he was new to WW, why would he make such a bold move as to leave the Dreamer unguarded? Wilwa's guard makes more sense to me.

Morsul's is pretty obvious. Also, his attempt to 'help' once he'd been revealed? No wolf would do that. He's clearly the Agent, doesn't know exactly what he's doing, and as Roa said, should simply be ignored.

Pitchie gave us SPAM. Need I say more? We wouldn't have killed SPAM on our own, simply because he's been gone for a while and we'd want him around. If he were a wolf and wanted to follow that tactic, he could have given us a different wolf and SPAM would likely have been in the clear for quite some time.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #184
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
...wow. You guys make my head hurt.

I'm pretty sure Morsul's the Agent, wilwa's the Priest, and Pitchie's the Dreamer. I may be wrong about wilwa, but I don't think so - Hakon seems suspicious to me. Day 1 he votes from meta-game reasons, and Day 2 he reveals for no reason. Wilwa at least had a reason. Also, since Hakon himself admitted he was new to WW, why would he make such a bold move as to leave the Dreamer unguarded? Wilwa's guard makes more sense to me.

Morsul's is pretty obvious. Also, his attempt to 'help' once he'd been revealed? No wolf would do that. He's clearly the Agent, doesn't know exactly what he's doing, and as Roa said, should simply be ignored.

Pitchie gave us SPAM. Need I say more? We wouldn't have killed SPAM on our own, simply because he's been gone for a while and we'd want him around. If he were a wolf and wanted to follow that tactic, he could have given us a different wolf and SPAM would likely have been in the clear for quite some time.
I am not new to WW. I am on the newer side. This is my sixth or seventh game. I did not guard Pitchwife since I knew the wolves would expect that. They expected me to guard him so I avoided doing so and thus I can now guard him when they will go for him. I made that clear, did I not?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #185
Craydon1
Pile O'Bones

Craydon1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Craydon1 Send a message via Skype™ to Craydon1
Wow a lot happens when a bum steps away from his computer. Okay, so currently I'm nervous about both the supposed priest. While I can see the plus side of revealing if you are the dreamer (Pitch) and also trying to deceive us if you are the agent (Morsul); I don't see the point of letting us know you are the priest. So I currently am highly suspicious of both Hakon and Wilwa, I'm going to be on for a few hours and will make my final vote then. I will say that if Hakon is the priest, does not get lynched, and our good dreamer Pitch doesn't die in his sleep (how ironic), I will be more incline to trust him. Inclined mind you, not 100 % convinced.
Craydon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #186
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, the paper is taking longer than I thought. I do still intend to analyze Nerwen, Inzil and Larien, but ti may take awhile.

Please ignore the mess.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #187
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Dear Village,

Stop.

Love, Me.

I'm pretty sure Roa is innocent. I'm confused by the quadruple reveals ... or triple considering I'm not really sure what Morsul was doing...

I'll be around for a while tonight but then I'll have to vote a few (four) hours before deadline so I hope we can weed through this mess.

Pitch: Seer
Wilwa: Ranger?... what worries me about Wilwa is that she revealed and wants us to lynch Hakon who could possibly be the ranger then leaving Pitchwife open to dying tonight and not getting a kill.
Hakon: Ranger?
Morsul: who knows?

I'm thinking that if there is a wolf in the mix it is probably Wilwa. Though her using icons may point toward her innocence it is very easy for a wolf who knows they are going to false reveal to add those to posts.

I'm going to investigate Wilwa and SPM's interactions and such...
Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #188
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but it appears that the entire village has gone stark raving mad.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #189
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
No way am I gonna make it obvious that I'm a wolf just to make you're life easier.....oops .
Just saw this... it worries me... I've seen more than one wolf jokingly say they are a wolf to have it brushed off (which it was).
Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #190
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Please, people. If you are wrong about the person you think is a wolf, then you are killing a gifted, which plays right into the wolves hands. There is only a 1/4 chance of getting the right person, and 1/2 chance of killing a gifted. Are you really going to risk killing a gifted on odds like that? We need the ranger alive and we need the seer alive.

That mess will definitely sort itself out. Just leave it be for now and don't risk our gifted on something you can't be sure of.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #191
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is very odd that Hakon revealed like that... I think Wilwa's response could be seen as either trying to deceive us away from the real priest, like I tried... Or he could be exposing Hakon, Hakon frankly is more suspicious
Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #192
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
No one is leaning toward lynching Morsul, who is (almost definitely) the Agent. Therefore, it would be more like a 1/3 shot of hitting a wolf. Also, very few people are leaning towards lynching Pitchie. 1/2 shot of hitting a wolf, 1/2 shot of hitting a seer. However, even though these odds are slightly better than Roa's, I agree that we should leave them be. If Wilwa is the seer, then the wolves can kill Pitchie. But then we know that Hakon's a wolf, and we can lynch him. If Hakon's the seer, then they can't kill Pitchie toNight. But if Pitchie doesn't die, it doesn't prove that Hakon's the ranger, it just gives a bit more legitimacy to his claim. Therefore, we only know for sure who's the ranger if Pitchie dies toNight. I'm definitely not happy with that, but what can you do?

Last edited by Loslote; 10-15-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: xed with Sir Agent
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #193
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa if you are worried about me, don't be. I'm just trying to make a productive use of toDay... I won't vote to lynch anyone who could possibly be a gifted until we are more sure.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #194
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Okay, up to date now.

Quote:
Wow my memory is that bad huh? I'm so caught up in Pitchwife's claim I'm forgetting who's innocent... Well I hope a slip of memory doesn't make everyone make the wrong choice about the real seer
Ha, ha, nice try.

Quote:
damn, Fine as far as I know Pitch is a real seer, Wow I messed up. Anyway since I can't really hide at this point I might as try to help. Hakon while I may not be the real seer that doesn't make wilwa guilty by association. you're still suspect as is Wilwa.

Nerwen is suspect for aforementioned reasons...

Roa who is innocent I'm fairly sure because of his support of Pitch(and being my failure.) , makes a good case against nogrod.
*sigh* Morsul... we know now you are no friend to Innsmouth. What makes you think we're going to listen to your advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craydon1 View Post
Wow a lot happens when a bum steps away from his computer. Okay, so currently I'm nervous about both the supposed priest. While I can see the plus side of revealing if you are the dreamer (Pitch) and also trying to deceive us if you are the agent (Morsul); I don't see the point of letting us know you are the priest. So I currently am highly suspicious of both Hakon and Wilwa, I'm going to be on for a few hours and will make my final vote then. I will say that if Hakon is the priest, does not get lynched, and our good dreamer Pitch doesn't die in his sleep (how ironic), I will be more incline to trust him. Inclined mind you, not 100 % convinced.
Anything is possible, Crayon, but I'd say circumstances already point pretty strongly towards Pitch being the real thing.

As for the two Priest candidates– look they're probably not both wolves. That would mean exposing themselves to the real Priest– and if the village believed him and not them, game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I'm pretty sure Roa is innocent. I'm confused by the quadruple reveals ... or triple considering I'm not really sure what Morsul was doing...
Quadruple reveals.

At #152–
Quote:
Wow I missed a lot Especially Pitch Revealing himself as the seer, Here's why that's suspicious to me, because I'm the dreamer
If that's not a reveal, I don't know what is.

Did you miss that post, Nienna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I'm thinking that if there is a wolf in the mix it is probably Wilwa. Though her using icons may point toward her innocence it is very easy for a wolf who knows they are going to false reveal to add those to posts.
True– I don't see why people think leaving those sort of clues proves anything– but you say "if there's a wolf?" Do you actually have a theory that would allow for two sets of competing reveals without a wolf being involved?

EDIT:spelling.
EDIT2:x'd since last post.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #195
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
If Wilwa is the seer, then the wolves can kill Pitchie. But then we know that Hakon's a wolf, and we can lynch him. If Hakon's the seer, then they can't kill Pitchie toNight. But if Pitchie doesn't die, it doesn't prove that Hakon's the ranger, it just gives a bit more legitimacy to his claim. Therefore, we only know for sure who's the ranger if Pitchie dies toNight.
Lottie, you've got the claims mixed up. The "Dreamer" is the Seer, and the "Priest" is the Ranger.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #196
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So I come home exhausted and tell Nienna I'm not sure how much energy I'll have for WW toDay and she replies, "Btw, there have been gifted reveals up the wazoo." Thanks guys. Now my headache has grown ten times worse.

Obviously Morsul isn't the real seer since he gave up on his act. And I would've said anyway that I don't believe him. For one thing, if Pitch was a wolf sacrificing another to look good, I don't think he would've chosen to sacrifice Spm...anyway it wouldn't be a smart move period to sacrifice on Day One. So is Morsul the agent or a wolf? If he's a wolf, he just blew it for his team; but we can't count out the possibility. Which means at some point in the future we'll probably need to lynch him so not to let the risk of a wolf getting away. Geez, for all we know Morsul could just be an ordo who doesn't know what he's doing. He didn't know how to vote properly yesterDay, so is it possible he doesn't know you're not supposed to fake reveal if innocent? It seems unlikely, but I don't know..

As to who our ranger is I'm less certain, but I'm more inclined to believe wilwa. Hakon had no good reason to come out; rangers don't reveal unless they're being threatened. And everything he has said since sounds fabricated. Wilwa on the other hand seems more believable and her panicked reveal was more genuine. (Now if she is the ranger, I'm really hoping she is bluffing about who she protected.) The only reason I could see a ranger reveal come out so suddenly was to lure out the real ranger, and if so, it's been a success. Though that could've been something done by either a wolf or agent.

There's my thoughts for now. I need to take some ibuprofen, eat, and relax a bit before doing anything more. But I'll suggest that perhaps now we should start to switch our focus elsewhere. These reveals have caused a great deal of distraction which wolves love since it makes it easy for them to hide. Because while one wolf may be part of this mess, there's still at least one who is not. Btw, are there three or four wolves in this game? I forgot. And my head still hurts.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #197
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Oops! Sorry. In my head, it made sense...

Last edited by Loslote; 10-15-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: xed with Brinn
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #198
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
If that's not a reveal, I don't know what is.

Did you miss that post, Nienna?
No but his posts after that where he was like "whoops" "jk" make it not seem like a true reveal to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
True– I don't see why people think leaving those sort of clues proves anything– but you say "if there's a wolf?" Do you actually have a theory that would allow for two sets of competing reveals without a wolf being involved?
Well I don't want to say for sure that there is a wolf in the bunch as I'm not for sure. I think there most probably is one but I did consider false revealing as a ranger so that the wolves would kill me and then the village would have their gifteds for another day or two. I don't think that that is what is going on but it is an option.

Edit: Crossed with Brinn and Lottie
Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #199
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why would you listen to me? Because I'm out in the open everyone knows who I am as far as I'm concerned trying to sabotage you guys is a useless venture granted it goes against the character, but I have nothing now so might as go along for the ride. Then again I suppose I can't blame anyone for not trusting me.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #200
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
That mess will definitely sort itself out. Just leave it be for now and don't risk our gifted on something you can't be sure of.
Good point. Which is precisely why we should change our focus and start to look at other players.