The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #201
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
No but his posts after that where he was like "whoops" "jk" make it not seem like a true reveal to me.
Yes, he claimed it was all a joke after Roa picked up the slip he made. In his several posts before that, he seemed quite in earnest.

EDIT:X'd with Morsul and Brinniel.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #202
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm going to look at Legate's posts...yes, before you ask, it was a random pick...plus I remembered he hadn't posts too much, and I was lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
That's a good thing to point out, though of course it needs more than words to change it. Anyway, I guess let's see till more people post. The time has not probably yet come for most to post, and the darkness that creeps threateningly upon the shores of New England and strange omens above America's cities will rouse more of their inhabitants.

Statistically or not, let us note that it did happen in the several last games, statistic or not. Though I guess it is more of a matter of group mentality. And bad luck. Basically, it is too random to determine. Of course it is the matter for everybody to try to prevent that from happening.

That's probably the most substantial point this far, but on the other hand, well, what can we do on first Day. Let's see what happens in a few hours. This far, I don't have any particular feelings on anybody... it could be more interesting once people start to post more (cf. above).
So basic Day 1 first post. (I edited out the in-character fluff)

Quote:
SpM seems actually very nice and active. Okay, now "nice" can be seen as a derogatory term, but it's not how I mean it now. Supported by the fact that I haven't played with him for a long time, it's very likely that I won't be voting for him toDay at least.

Morsul (does that mean Black Wind? Wonderful, I guess it's fitting here) the Dark is new around here. (Morsul - the Mod of course never reveals or hints at the identity of the WWs. And that goes for everything. I.e. if the Mod posts that somebody found the dead body, somebody came running from behind a corner etc. it's no indication to the people's roles. All this work is for us, the narrations are only narrations. The important information is always only who was killed, what was his role, or other things that might have happened related to the real - not narrational - roles.)
Morsul does not seem any suspicious to me, he just needs to get into the game. For certain, anyway, I am not going to vote him on the first Day, as this is his first game.

Noggoth is more or less his usual self, maybe a bit more, how to say it, ruthless in his attempts to initiate some events in the game, but then, he speaks sensibly a lot and also, let's see what he posts now.

And so why didn't YOU [post suspicions] do that, Noggoth, since you were so keen on staring some actual debate?

I don't feel any suspicious about A Little Green Star-Shaped Stone, at least not this far.

Maybe one I feel rather uneasy about right now is Pitchwife. It is some things he says, and the general tone of his posting. But I would probably need to re-check what he said and also see if he posts more in the future.

I really like Craydon on first sight, the idea of asking people questions or stuff like that is very nice and shows that he means well with this village (ahem...). I am not sure if asking the question you suggested would be worth anything important, but anyway the thought itself is good and mainly, like I said, it's an indication of involvement rather than trying to flow with the stream, down to the mouths of the ocean where the worms feed on the dead bodies. Whatever.

wilwa tries to argue with Nog, or so to say, respond to him, well, I think I see her point, though it's hard to say if she is speaking genuinely or not. Not particularly suspicious or anything, but not any innocent-looking either.

Hakon at first pops in and does nothing - okay, I see, might be busy, but it will be nice to see more in the future, will ye, Hakon? *scary gaze* Oh but okay, he posts more later... but then...

Surely this is no reasoning here! And the mods often assign their roles randomly. And even if they didn't, they won't tell us. That would be unfair. It's called meta-game reasoning. We seem to be having too much of that around here this time already, thank you.
Anyway, I am a bit unnerved by Hakon, actually. And the reason for his vote is just plain... well, evil (okay, the word's meaning out of the context of this village). Though I still well remember how he was lynched last time innocent on Day 1... And I can imagine even an innocent Hakon to vote in such a, well, rude manner.

I do not have any particular feeling about Loslote.

Nerwen looks more or less okay, at least trying to do something.

I am slightly worried of Inzil, too. But nothing in particular.

Of course they won't, but that's the point. The reaction is the point, not the answer. It's a difference for somebody when he has to lie.

As for Lari, I actually don't see anything suspicious about her, and seems actually quite good to me (even with that SpM comment, which is something I can see as reasonable, not saying that I agree with it, but I can see an innocent posting that).

Of course Morsul's vote for Nienna has no real substance, but then why are you so overreacting, Nienna? You behave as if half of the village was after you.

Roa, looks Roa, but nothing special to base my thoughts on about her yet.

Kit also, nothing special, nothing suspicious this far.

Brinn - okay, what was THAT first post, some sort of madness. Okay, normal in this village, actually. Anyway, but as for the serious part, I can't get any proper read on her at least yet.

Okay, but is that it? I hope so. Anyway, I guess that's from me now, I will probably pop up yet before the DL, and then probably in the last instance around it to vote.
So, he suspects Pitchie and Nienna and the rest is fluffy nothings.

Quote:
Okay, but THAT screams "wolf" to me. Because really. I completely disagree with what Hakon did (and I said so), but then, if you try to think of it deeper... Would Hakon do such a thing as a Wolf? Or, is it any indication of his wolfishness? Also, like I said, I can well imagine even innocent Hakon being so "rude" and vote in the way he did. Also, what is the Wolves' purpose? It's to find a person whom the others suspect and vote for him/her as well, in order to hide in the crowd, or to find somebody to whom they can draw the suspicion of other villagers. But would what Hakon just did be a good opportunity to find a target for the village? I doubt it. I doubt Hakon-Wolf could have hoped for getting Inzil lynched by saying what he did. These were no reasons which would create a bandwagon.
But voting for Hakon at the moment when it seems that there is a good point to catch on, now that is what wilwa does. And that actually looks like a good start of a bandwagon, indeed! That's why it screams wolfy to me. And anyway, wilwa, if you are accusing Hakon of having bad logic and that he should be better, look at your own vote for him. "I don't like him" is about as bad logic as Hakon uses. No, really. You are either being hypocritical, or being a Wolf.

Not really, but one mistaken vote of one newbie? It can be seen where Morsul is coming from. My point is, had I been in Ni's place, I would have ignored his vote. It has no real substance behind it, so why should it worry me? Especially if Morsul realised that he cannot base his suspicions on things like that. Everything's all right, then. I got one vote, but happens (if he voted for me at the moment when I already have four votes and am at the risk of being lynched, then it would be something different). Of course it's possibly a shock at first, but then when you see the reasons and the background for it, it really isn't an issue. And I am saying this because I got the feeling about Ni that her reaction would not have been so different from mine when it comes to that.

That's a fair point too, though personally I am not worried by that in particular with wilwa. I think this could be perfectly innocent comment. (But I have different reasons for suspecting wilwa - cf. above.)
So he is comfortable with Hakon, despite his suspicious voting, but unhappy with wilwa, for the same reason. And he is mad at wilwa for being hypocritical...and criticizes Ni for being upset by Morsul's nonsense vote when he says he'd do the same.

Quote:
Okay, this is actually once again one moment where I am becoming unsure of Pitchwife. First, it looks slightly like... well, in his whole last post, he is basically stemming from things I said (or also Nogrod for that matter, etc.). It could be sort of like a Pitchwolf picking up some people of the more vocal sort and trying to make a good eye for himself by agreeing with them. Also, using their arguments as basis while expressing slight doubt would be a good cover for a Wolf in order not to need to make up any own reasons.
Secondly also, I don't think I have ever mentioned Nienna's reaction as being wolfish. In fact, indeed I have only expressed my wonder. (And now I take her explanation as acceptable.) So I wonder where this "wolfishness" came from, if it's supposed to have come from me, it could hint on some thought processes which perhaps read what they want to read (a Wolf wishing to read a suspicion being raised, so that he can continue on it)?
It may not be so, of course, and it can be interpretated in many ways. But it just again raises my awareness of Pitchwife.

EDIT: x-ed since Kitanna
I didn't get much from this one.

Quote:
Hmm, well, I don't really think so. Like I said, now I am calmed by her explanation. But okay, you may disagree - still though, I would like to know (perhaps later if you are not around now, then), why Nienna and not wilwa, as it seems to me that your level of suspicion of the both of them seems more or less the same. So, just something if you could do me a favor and elaborate on it a bit.

EDIT: x-ed with Kitanna
He's either backing out on his criticism of Ni like a wolf...or just accepting her reasoning like an ordo.

Quote:
What the

Okay, well. That's a very... interesting turn of events. Okay, well. I guess there is no way why you would lie to us at this stage. Eurgh. Brilliant. That means... that means, let's lynch SpM? *sigh* (Lommy is going to be happy, she said she pitied the fact that she won't play with SpM... now if he dies, that's perhaps less of a loss...)
Basic "Pitchie revealed as the Dreamer" response.

I skipped his vote count.

Quote:
Eurgh. I haven't thought of that, but that would be probably the most brave move I've ever seen, especially also as the Agent would not know who the WWs are. So I wouldn't be worried (but you scared me here for a bit).

Who was the one shouting "we'll get a WW toDay we will we will!"? Speaking of that, even if it is so, we should not lay down and be happy. There are more about. *goes to check the thread for SpM's reactions to people - the sooner, the better*
Still focusing on wilwa. Goes to analyze SPAM.

Quote:
I have skimmed through previous pages and things concerning SpM, then I returned rather to see if anybody posts or anything... anyway, I sort of reconsidered and I think, while we can read it, we can keep our thoughts for toMorrow... because we won't have time to discuss that now anyway, while the WWs will have time during the Night to discuss and prepare arguments, and if they'd know exactly what the questions are going to be, they can prepare better, so let's not give them ideas.

Nay, I think it was a clever thing to do. Really there were many people to vote and this could have ended very randomly, so good what you did.
Agrees with Pitchie about revealing.

Quote:
I agree - with both. (Or with all, respectively.) Well, let's see what toMorrow brings, and what we can consider.
Quote:
That's true, though they can sure think for themselves... anyway our Day is gone now, so probably let's just trust their judgement (and to the powers laid upon them by the Ones from the Outside).
Wants to leave the gifteds alone.

Quote:
Okay, let's see now. As for what happened, I would say the death of Greenie is very, very probably a no-track kill. Unless the WWs are really good in reading minds and it was there to intercept the Dreamer's dream, which I doubt, though.

Okay, fair enough, I see the point now. Does not call back watching you, but point taken...

As for SpM, though...

I think so too. Actually, as far as I can recall, it would really seem SpM-ish to me that he would mention one of his fellows, and that's about it. And he would not even need to suspect him, necessarily. I think he is usually not the type to do that, not that early anyway. So basically, what Roa said. Which, by the way, makes me think good of her, as it looks like genuine reasoning (unless they are culprits and are diverting our attention, of course, but I don't think so now).

As for the people SpM posted about. Loslote then is very likely clear for me. I don't know that much about Inzil, but I must confess I haven't been paying that much attention to him, so I may as well start to do it now and get a better picture of him anyway. As for Lari's interaction with SpM (especially such as on the second page), well, I must say I was slightly suspicious of Lari by the end of yesterDay, after looking at SpM's posts, but on the other hand, orchestrating a Wolf-on-Wolf suspicion on such a weird comment, like saying that SpM is an Agent... unless it would be a deliberate way of creating a "shield" to defend SpM in the future (the Wolves could then say "hey yes, he is suspicious, but he's likely just an Agent, so let's not waste a lynch on him"). But for some reason that sounds to me quite too much complicated plan, which I don't think the Wolves would pull so soon.

Oh, by the way. We have an Agent here. Let's not forget it. He could make a lot of mess. Just to keep it in mind.

Well, I am not sure if I will be around now, it's rather late here, though I will be certainly (or hope I will be) more active tomorrow, that is, in some ten hours... or maybe a bit more, not to be too optimistic. Or maybe I'll pop in yet now, and be around for a while.
Reminds us about the Agent. Uses really tangly reasoning about SPAM's posts. Nothing outstanding.

Quote:
Okay, after seeing this, well I had to calm down a bit before actually writing this post (and I suggest to everybody to do the same). Okay, after thinking about it a bit: I don't think that it was a wise thing to just reveal, Hakon. At least I didn't think of lynching you at all. But whatever. I must say, it seems like Hakon to do something like that, but it's slightly crazy. And confusing. Whatever.

Anyway, now certainly this is a thing people are going to react to, but, let me strongly emphasise now, let's not spend all Day on one thing. A pre-emptive warning, because I can already imagine it. Anyway, as for that, Priest or whatnot, I don't think I am going to vote for Hakon. It would be certainly very very nice, anyway, if Pitchwife can get another dream. With some better luck this time, and picking somebody whom the WWs won't target.

And as my thoughts are in a bit of a disarray now (understandable, also given the late hour), I may have yet a word or two even on the abovementioned issue, after I sleep on it a bit. So anyway, read you probably in several hours, fellow villagers.

"Slumber, watcher, till the Spheres/Six and twenty thousand years/Have revolv'd, and I return/To the spot where now I burn..."

*disappears Beyond the Wall of Sleep*
Is confused by Morsul. So was everyone.

Quote:
*returns promptly as even before closing the thread itself, some coruscations of demon light appeared in here*

EURGH!!! What is wrong with you people, has the Madness taken you all??? (Already???) Now come on!!! That can't be.

As for that matter, it at least eases my mind on something. Both Hakon and Morsul (or Pitchwife) cannot be Agents, and I don't think they would be an Agent and a Wolf or something like that. Or just a Wolf among all this madness, it sounds too... crazy. Or suicidal.

For that matter, I believe you forgot to list your First Night's dream for us. Therefore, I don't find your claim very reliable.

Unless... no, come on. Unless you folks made some totally weird conspiracy, like you and Hakon being two of the remaining Wolves, but that will be impossible to hold, as once the real Dreamer and Priest's roles would become known, you'd be done for. (By the way, do we have four WWs, right? If I understood the first narration correctly...)

Okay, whatever! I am going to sleep now!! Enough of this!!! Yet these creatures mock me and say that there is no city of Olathoe and that there is no land of Lomar aiiiieeeee... Azathoth have mercy! No more revelations, please...

Current thoughts. Pw: Dreamer. Morsul: bad, probably agent. Hakon: ok, for now...

I mean, it seems really unlikely to me that Pw and SpM would pull off such a trick only to buy the Wolves some time (they would basically expose themselves).

EDIT: x-ed with a few, okay, I will stay around for a while yet and see if Morsul posts anything or what... eurgh.
Is mad about Hakon and wilwa.

I think he's ordo. I might be wrong, but he doesn't come off as a wolf.

I've got to go now. I hope I'll be on before deadline...
Old 10-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #203
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Good point. Which is precisely why we should change our focus and start to look at other players.
What do you make of Nienna and her attempts to make out that Morsul wasn't "really" impersonating the Dreamer? Firstly she says she wasn't sure whether Morsul had actually revealed, and when I quoted the post in which he said "I'm the Dreamer", she suggests that it was just a joke (which it rather clearly wasn't).

Now, granted, Morsul seems to have a sufficiently shaky grasp of the rules that you couldn't 100% rule out him being an ordo who didn't understand what he was doing
– except, by that point he had basically confessed to being the Agent. (Whether he is that, or a wolf, remains to be seen.) I'm thinking– when a cobbler is exposed, who, besides the cobbler himself, has most reason to be dismayed?

EDIT:X'd with Lottie.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #204
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
wellI have to go to sleep and since I'll be working early and then off to a Real Priest to discuss wedding plans I'll have to vote now assuming, everything so far... Hakon seems the worst off in the bunch so,

++Hakon
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #205
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
wellI have to go to sleep and since I'll be working early and then off to a Real Priest to discuss wedding plans I'll have to vote now assuming, everything so far... Hakon seems the worst off in the bunch so,

++Hakon
Firstly, Morsul, let me offer my congratulations.

Secondly, let me explain something: you can't change sides in Werewolf*. If you are, in fact, the Agent, you can only win if the wolves do, full stop. Everyone knows this. There's no point saying you've had a change of heart and are now helping the village. See?

*Unless you're a Cursed, which we don't have in this game.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #206
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Firstly, Morsul, let me offer my congratulations.

Secondly, let me explain something: you can't change sides in Werewolf*. If you are, in fact, the Agent, you can only win if the wolves do, full stop. Everyone knows this. There's no point saying you've had a change of heart and are now helping the village. See?
I'm pretty well convinced that with the Hakon / Morsul pair we're looking at a wolf and the Agent. I still say Hakon's reveal makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

What of Nog? I thought Roa did a decent analysis of him earlier. I'm thinking back also to Nog's early swipes at Pitch, which SPM, and then Loslote picked up on.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #207
Craydon1
Pile O'Bones

Craydon1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Craydon1 Send a message via Skype™ to Craydon1
Well I really was hoping the supposed Priest would give me more to work with. Sigh. So I'm going to give them one more night/day to prove themselves/fall on their face. I am going to vote for Morsul because of a few things: 1) if I'm the only one that votes for him, than at least I did not contribute to the possible death of the real Priest, 2) if more do vote for him, than he dies and frankly, no one will mourn, and 3) I'm thinking that if I wanted people to not find out that I'm a wolf I would make myself clearly look like something else. There's my thoughts. Good night.
++Morsul
Craydon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #208
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm pretty well convinced that with the Hakon / Morsul pair we're looking at a wolf and the Agent. I still say Hakon's reveal makes absolutely no sense otherwise.
Likely, but I'm not ready to vote either of our Priest-claimants yet. Of the two, I should say Hakon is the more likely wolf– yet, he does have a history of doing strange, impulsive things. Meanwhile, I'm not all that keen on Wilwa's willingness to believe Morsul (see #164).

Quote:
What of Nog? I thought Roa did a decent analysis of him earlier. I'm thinking back also to Nog's early swipes at Pitch, which SPM, and then Loslote picked up on.
Hmmn. A definite possibility. (Mind you, SPM picked up on– I believe– every suspicion expressed about anyone.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craydon1 View Post
Well I really was hoping the supposed Priest would give me more to work with. Sigh. So I'm going to give them one more night/day to prove themselves/fall on their face. I am going to vote for Morsul because of a few things: 1) if I'm the only one that votes for him, than at least I did not contribute to the possible death of the real Priest, 2) if more do vote for him, than he dies and frankly, no one will mourn, and 3) I'm thinking that if I wanted people to not find out that I'm a wolf I would make myself clearly look like something else. There's my thoughts. Good night.
++Morsul
Craydon,you're correct in assuming that that wolves do sometimes try to look like cobblers. My impression, though, is that Morsul, though evil, is also genuinely confused about the rules, to a degree that seems unlikely in the case of a wolfcub. They generally get tips from their packmates at Night.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #209
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
What do you make of Nienna and her attempts to make out that Morsul wasn't "really" impersonating the Dreamer? Firstly she says she wasn't sure whether Morsul had actually revealed, and when I quoted the post in which he said "I'm the Dreamer", she suggests that it was just a joke (which it rather clearly wasn't).
I don't know if I would see his claim as a joke, though perhaps I can see where she's coming from on the idea that maybe he's an ordo who made a severely wrong move. Considering his behaviour so far, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out so. Though I don't know what to think about him going along with everyone's notion that he's an agent. For a moment, it makes me worry he is a wolf, but then again there is no way a wolf would act this way when there is a pack to advise him at Night. If he is the agent, that's a really hard role to take on as a newbie who knows little to nothing about the game, so I'll give him credit for even trying. Though when I think about it, when I was a newbie I had difficulty understanding immediately what the role of cobbler exactly was. Is it at all possible Morsul is confused on what the agent does which is why he's going along with it?

But anyway, back to Nienna. No, I don't find her comment about the reveal being a joke suspicious.

It's really late, so I can't stay up much longer, but I think I'll skim the thread a bit first to see if I can get a better read on everyone. I need to be up fairly early in the morning and won't be here for deadline (or rather I shouldn't be since I need to be editing...so don't tempt me), so I'll probably be voting a few hours before then.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #210
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well I just spent the last half hour doing dishes instead (they were really piling up), so there goes that time. While I haven't had time to look back at yesterDay, I did skim through toDay again. This is what I have so far:

Legate's reactions and frustrations towards all the reveals looks genuine to me, and I'm inclined to find him more innocent than not. However, he's managed to fool an entire village before, so I'll remain wary.

Roa is one who always worries me. I want to trust her, I really do. Because she's making a whole lot of sense as we try to sort through this chaos, and I do agree with a lot that she has to say. Yet she can be so deceptive, and I always fear that she is completely fooling me.

I found Loslote's behaviour a bit suspicious yesterDay, but with Spm's vote for her, I find her more innocent toDay. Considering that who'd be lynched was a complete toss-up when he voted yesterDay, I really doubt Spm would've made a wolf-on-wolf vote.

While I don't particularly suspect Inzil just yet, I'm getting the feeling that I should keep a close eye on him. And perhaps when I get the chance I'll reread his posts more thoroughly.

Kitanna hasn't posted enough for me to form an opinion of her yet, but she's also one I always watch closely because she can be sneaky and I believe she's had a history of surviving as a lone wolf to the end...so she can most definitely fool an entire village.

I can't think of much else now, and I'm too tired to. I don't know how much participation I can give in the morning, but considering I don't have any suspect as of now, I hope to make some progress before I make my vote.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:13 AM   #211
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I don't know if I would see his claim as a joke, though perhaps I can see where she's coming from on the idea that maybe he's an ordo who made a severely wrong move. Considering his behaviour so far, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out so.
I would. Even a very confused ordo should have realised that he would only be getting the (presumed) real Dreamer killed if he succeeded. I mean, along with repeatedly denouncing "the impostor" Pitchwife, he also urged the Ranger not to protect him (#166). Does that sound like a misguided ordo trying to draw fire from the real Seer to you? Really?

Quote:
Though when I think about it, when I was a newbie I had difficulty understanding immediately what the role of cobbler exactly was. Is it at all possible Morsul is confused on what the agent does which is why he's going along with it?
Or possibly he really does think he's allowed to switch sides.

But of course, if he's just an ordo, then the false Priest– whichever it is– might be the real Agent. In which case if the real Priest were to die toNight, there'd be no call for us to lynch the impostor next Day...

You see why I'm getting worried about Nienna and her "if one of them's a wolf" business?

EDIT:spelling.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-16-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:10 AM   #212
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
*reads thread...screams**is also fully aware we are to be talking about not the revels*

Ok, so at the moment we have two reveals for what are pretty much the most crucial roles of the game at the moment(not saying the Changed isn't important but...well at the moment these are the two best defense we've got).

The Dreamer revels...well if I sort of had any doubts about Pitch my doubts about Morsul have increased ten fold. However, I am leaning towards what others are saying about him maybe being the Agent. Mostly because he is new to the game and possibly a new confused Agent would think of a bold and risky move to either get the wolves attention or to save the pack. Though I'm not sure who he is trying to save, but time(hopefully) will tell.

The Priest revels...klsdfskfj...Ok now that that is out. I have no idea what to think. On one hand Hakon's boasty "haha! I has fooled the wolves by not protecting Pitch but I shall toNight! And oh yes! Let me add that I know SPM was a wolf!" sounds very much like him. But at the same time it sounds enough like him to make me doubt it. He did some weird game logic stuff before and for all we know this is the same thing.

And then Wilwa revels. And claims that no really she totally did protect Pitch last Night. And even admits saying that was who she protected was bad(after being caught by Roa(?). Her revel seems...more I don't want to say genuine, because in his own way Hakon sounds very genuine. Her's seems less gloating. And she mentioned that there were clues, which can obviously be faked and planted everywhere, but some people do rely on them to work and for when they revel having tangible evidence to prove their role.

However, this could be a bold move by two wolves trying to survive. Or this is what my sleepy brain thinks could be a possibility.

Quote:
Just saw this... it worries me... I've seen more than one wolf jokingly say they are a wolf to have it brushed off (which it was).
I have no idea what to believe anymore in this game.

I really wish I could think better. I also hope that I can wake myself up for deadline because at the moment my definatly partially dehydrated worked a full shift mind is not coming to anything anymore right now. I'm going to set my alarm for an hour and a half before deadline and hopefully will wake up and participate. If its only to vote very sorry.

Speaking of votes, because I needed to keep track:
Hakon --> Wilwa
Morsul
--> Hakon
Crayon
--> Morsul
Old 10-16-2009, 02:30 AM   #213
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm back, and I notice there's been a lot of action in my absence.
Morsul certainly has been entertaining, but the show has collapsed by now. Probably Agent, so let's just ignore him for now.
Between Hakon and wilwa, it's hard to tell. Hakon's reveal certainly seems premature (now look who's talking!), but I think him quite capable of pulling off a gamble last Night; he might even be an ordo trying to confuse the wolves. On the other hand, wilwa blurting out that she's already protected me last Night would be strange if she's genuine - it's basically telling the wolves to come and get me. Right now I'm leaning slightly towards believing Hakon, but I'd advocate against lynching either of them toDay (sheer egoism: with two Priests around, my chances of survival are dramatically increased). Things may sort themselves out in the Morning.
So yes, we need to look at everybody else. Unfortunately I can't stick around much longer (must be off to work soon and won't be back before DL) and don't really have enough time for any deep analysis - so I'll do a hurried survey and then a hasty early vote *horror*.
Oh yes, and an urgent plea to our Changed: please stay quiet, there's enough confusion already!

(x-ed w/ Lari)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 AM   #214
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Argh. This mess sucks. I'm afraid every vote I could make at the moment would be rushed and bordering on randomness, so I'll rather not vote at all toDay. If I survive, I'll make up for it toMorrow, promise - if not, good luck! Cthulhu bless you!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 AM   #215
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
However, I am leaning towards what others are saying about him maybe being the Agent. Mostly because he is new to the game and possibly a new confused Agent would think of a bold and risky move to either get the wolves attention or to save the pack. Though I'm not sure who he is trying to save, but time(hopefully) will tell.
Nobody– I think he was hoping to get Pitchwife lynched, or at least left unprotected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
However, this could be a bold move by two wolves trying to survive. Or this is what my sleepy brain thinks could be a possibility.
In which case the wolves are in the interesting situation of having to keep the real Ranger (whoever that may be) alive, since his death would expose both of them. With only two wolves left, that seems suicidal.

What gets me is that both of them sound genuine! While at the same time each has done something about equally foolish/suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Oh yes, and an urgent plea to our Changed: please stay quiet, there's enough confusion already!
Good thinking. I was just about to reveal, but– darn it! Now look what you made me do <=Now that is a joke reveal.

EDIT:X'd with Pitchwife.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:59 AM   #216
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Well then I suppose you'll ignore my Good advice as well as my bad eh? pick your poison
Old 10-16-2009, 06:04 AM   #217
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, first, let me sum up the Gifted nonsenses so that I may get this over with from my part.

Morsul I would believe is indeed an agent, Pitch is still most likely a real Dreamer, and as for the Priest, hard to say. I guess we should indeed let this sort out by itself, like Roa said.

1. No reason to lynch Morsul, as I'd think he's an Agent, and there is no reason whatsoever to lynch the Agent. (However, I sympathise with Crayon's vote, as I can see the point. Though not that I encourage such behavior in general.)

2. With the Rangers, we do more harm with lynching one than with letting them be, as if one of them is a real one and one a Wolf, then most likely it's the problem for the WWs, and they will kill the real Ranger one Night. It's really nonsense for the WWs to keep the real Ranger alive, at least by the end, when there are some six people remaining, if such a pair of them was still alive, then it'll be really easy to catch a Wolf then. Aside from that, Ranger can wreak havoc upon the WWs by protecting people, the longer he survives, the bigger his chances are. So I really say we leave these two be as well. (As for whom of them I believe more, I have some reasons for each, in short as for Hakon, I mostly said my feelings before when he revealed, only to note also I wonder that he used the word "ranger" and not "priest" to label himself, though whatever. Wilwa, in some ways it would make more sense, I could imagine her reacting like that if she was true Ranger, on the other hand... well, actually honestly, her revelation does not make much sense for me, even if she was a Ranger and even if she was a Wolf, but it could be pretty irrational, especially if she is true Ranger and sees Hakon's claim. But like I said, let's leave it be for now.)

That means, let's focus on others. I do not, alas, have much time to do anything now, but first, a few random remarks of what I noted while reading the thread. Later I hope to post something more yet.

Quote:
Theoretically, Pitch could be a wolf, and his giving up SPM a plot to ensure his being thought innocent the rest of the game.
However, if Pitch survives beyond Day 3 or so, I would have to assume he was a wolf and go for him. Everyone knows that a revealed Seer is a dead Seer. It's only a matter of time. If he wasn't killed by the wolves after the oportunities for the Priest to protect him ran out, we'd have his number.
I do appreciate your giving me the all-clear though, as I am indeed innocent.
Okay, this is making me slightly uneasy, especially considering that Morsul indeed must be a fake. It looks like jumping on whatever train rides by, and maybe trying if there is a chance to get rid of the real Seer. On the other hand, perhaps it'd be slightly too uncautious from a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
As for the seers, well the wolves would be really foolish to leave the real seer alive to continue dreaming. Which means that every day Morsul and Pitch are still alive, the should post their dreams. If either finds a wolf, we lynch the "wolf." If it's a real wolf, hooray, we killed a real wolf. If not we know who the liar is. If it's an innocent, well, when the real seer dies we will have a list of known innocents.

Logically, one of the seers is the Agent and one of the rangers is a wolf.

Everyone else, I highly doubt there is more than one wolf in the mix. Definitely the agent, a wolf, and two gifteds. Which mean that there is still a wolf out there. Let's let this mess sort it out, because it will, and move on to finding the other wolf hiding in all of this chaos.
Roa looks good to me, and I agree with the elaboration of hers above which I quote.

By the way, and this was asked before, maybe we should ask McCabber Himself, how many WWs are around, then? There is nothing on the Admin thread about it, and the first narration says something about "four paws", though that is by no means anything official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Wow my memory is that bad huh? I'm so caught up in Pitchwife's claim I'm forgetting who's innocent... Well I hope a slip of memory doesn't make everyone make the wrong choice about the real seer
(I marked this post to quote while I was still reading the thread... well, hilarious, obviously )

Quote:
Please, people. If you are wrong about the person you think is a wolf, then you are killing a gifted, which plays right into the wolves hands. There is only a 1/4 chance of getting the right person, and 1/2 chance of killing a gifted. Are you really going to risk killing a gifted on odds like that? We need the ranger alive and we need the seer alive.

That mess will definitely sort itself out. Just leave it be for now and don't risk our gifted on something you can't be sure of.
Agreed, and just repeating it to prove the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I agree that we should leave them be. If Wilwa is the seer, then the wolves can kill Pitchie. But then we know that Hakon's a wolf, and we can lynch him. If Hakon's the seer, then they can't kill Pitchie toNight. But if Pitchie doesn't die, it doesn't prove that Hakon's the ranger, it just gives a bit more legitimacy to his claim. Therefore, we only know for sure who's the ranger if Pitchie dies toNight. I'm definitely not happy with that, but what can you do?
By the way, this is actually a pretty good point too. So we WILL basically know the true Ranger by the next morning, even if the WWs don't kill the real one.

Brinn looks good to me, too, and sensible, by her posting.

I did not, this far, pay much attention to Nogrod, as I'd really need to go through his posts and focus on him in particular. Anyway, he's not around today, I may do that as long as there are not too many posts, let's see. I also want to check Nerwen. Somebody said that Kitanna may be good in fooling the village, it's true she seems genuine to me, but who knows. I am probably going to check these people as soon as I can. But now, I will probably leave and not sure how long before DL I'll come back (I have also other RL things to do). I will drop by, if nothing more, though.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:21 AM   #218
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Ok I have to vote now. Nerwen's recent posts are making me wary. I'm not sure if it is just because of her close-mindedness about Morsul or not though. I'm going to keep my eye on her.

I'm really sorry that Nog isn't around to defend himself but I have no other person I'm comfortable with lynching.

++Nog
Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #219
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
  • Originally Posted by Inziladun
    Theoretically, Pitch could be a wolf, and his giving up SPM a plot to ensure his being thought innocent the rest of the game.
    However, if Pitch survives beyond Day 3 or so, I would have to assume he was a wolf and go for him. Everyone knows that a revealed Seer is a dead Seer. It's only a matter of time. If he wasn't killed by the wolves after the oportunities for the Priest to protect him ran out, we'd have his number.

Okay, this is making me slightly uneasy, especially considering that Morsul indeed must be a fake. It looks like jumping on whatever train rides by, and maybe trying if there is a chance to get rid of the real Seer. On the other hand, perhaps it'd be slightly too uncautious from a wolf.
Interestingly, Zil was pretty ready to cast doubt on Pitch's reveal yesterDay, too. Of course, that's before we knew SPM's role.

Quote:
By the way, and this was asked before, maybe we should ask McCabber Himself, how many WWs are around, then? There is nothing on the Admin thread about it, and the first narration says something about "four paws", though that is by no means anything official.
There are three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narration in Admin thread
You three, go to the city of Innsmouth. Find the root of the problem, and destroy it.
EDIT: X'd with Nienna.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #220
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Ok I have to vote now. Nerwen's recent posts are making me wary. I'm not sure if it is just because of her close-mindedness about Morsul or not though. I'm going to keep my eye on her.
Fine by me... by why is it so important to you that people be open-minded about him? It's not as though I'm proposing to lynch him.

Quote:
I'm really sorry that Nog isn't around to defend himself but I have no other person I'm comfortable with lynching.

++Nog
Why Nogrod? Because of Roa's points on him?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #221
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Dark-Eye

Quote:
Meanwhile, I'm not all that keen on Wilwa's willingness to believe Morsul (see #164).
Well at the beginning of the Day Pitch's first post just struck me the wrong way, but I wasn't planning to say anything right away, well honestly cause I didn't want to look bad. So when Morsul revealed I was more inclined to believe him, since Pitch had already looked suspicious to me. Obviously now I don't believe Morsul anymore. He's the Agent, he has to be, so I don't understand why people have voted for him, we should just leave him alone and try to get a wolf. The agent is harmless out in the open, they do far more damage when they're still hidden. So we're lucky here.

Now. This may make alot of sense, but it also may not, to me it does anyway. I think me, Hakon and Pitch will all still be alive tomorrow. Because Hakon is wolf, so they're not gonna kill him. And they're not gonna kill me cause they're gonna want Hakon to continue to look good, and in order to do that they have to keep Pitch alive (since that's who he's supposedly "protecting") and me being dead, well it'll reveal who I really am and the wolves don't want that right now.

So we know we get atleast one more dream out of Pitch (two actually because I can protect him the next Night). I don't think he should waste that dream on me, Morsul or Hakon. We already know Morsul is the Agent, no reason to waste a dream on that, and you all know either me or Hakon are the Priest and a Wolf. So therefore the dream should go towards someone else all together. Make sense?

So my vote won't go to Hakon or Morsul, I'm gonna look at everyone else and try to figure out who the other wolf is.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #222
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm finally back from the cosmological excavations and only starting to read (you know those days when everything you do takes double the time you think it will take...).

But I should be able to stick to the end toDay.

I'll try to get a grasp of what is going on first.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #223
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Now. This may make alot of sense, but it also may not, to me it does anyway. I think me, Hakon and Pitch will all still be alive tomorrow. Because Hakon is wolf, so they're not gonna kill him. And they're not gonna kill me cause they're gonna want Hakon to continue to look good, and in order to do that they have to keep Pitch alive (since that's who he's supposedly "protecting") and me being dead, well it'll reveal who I really am and the wolves don't want that right now.

So we know we get atleast one more dream out of Pitch (two actually because I can protect him the next Night). I don't think he should waste that dream on me, Morsul or Hakon. We already know Morsul is the Agent, no reason to waste a dream on that, and you all know either me or Hakon are the Priest and a Wolf. So therefore the dream should go towards someone else all together. Make sense?
No. You're saying that – contrary to our assumptions– the village will learn nothing about yours and Hakon's roles from toNight's kill? Then I'd say the Seer should definitely dream one of you!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #224
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ring

Quote:
No. You're saying that – contrary to our assumptions– the village will learn nothing about yours and Hakon's roles from toNight's kill? Then I'd say the Seer should definitely dream one of you!
But eventually one of us will be found out for what we really are (cause the wolves will eventually kill me and then you'll know what Hakon really is, or something will occur that will make it obvious which of us is what), if we have a limited number of dreams we should use them on those we have absolutely no idea about. You already know one of us has to be a wolf, and one of us has to be telling the truth. Everyone else we have no idea about, the more information we get the better. A dream on me, Hakon or Morsul would be a waste.

I have to get some studying done, like really badly. I'll be back for the last hour of the day. I'll decide then whom to vote for, right now I have no idea.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Intermediary report:

Just finished page 4... what a bunch of crazy people...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #226
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm back and catching up. I'll post my next analysis as soon as I'm done with it, which shouldn't take too long as the post counts are somewhat low and I'm sticking to Day 1, at least initially.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #227
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Intermediary report:

Just finished page 4... what a bunch of crazy people...
You have no idea.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
You have no idea.
I see... so Wilwa as well...

Okay I have a bunch of posts yet to be read but what caught my eye in the earlier stages is the interesting number of quite improbable things happening eg. the seer picking on exactly the one that was killed (possible but improbable) and a ranger daring to not protect the seer (looking at the circumstances a clever & risky move indeed!).

And despite all this, I happened to see that Nienna had voted for me...

I'm getting hunches we might have the whole trio & the agent for us in quite a small circle of people.

But okay, back to catch up with the rest...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #229
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, I actually agree somewhat with Wilwa: The wolves could easily just leave the seer and the ranger alive tonight to continue the charade tomorrow. They're stuck with it now since one of them has pulled this move. They may gamble and try to continue. It would be incredibly risky on their parts, but they've already come out with a false reveal which is always risky.

I think that this whole plan points to inexperienced though not necessarily new players. They had the advantage until they drew the spotlight onto themselves with a false reveal. Someone who has tried that or seen it tried would know how dangerous that is.

I strongly advise Hakon, IF you are the real ranger to not try another gamble tonight, because if you do and Pitch dies, we will surely lynch you.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #230
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This also makes me less suspicious of Nogrod, as I don't think he would ever suggest to his fellow wolf to try this.

Okay, Lari first. Back soon.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #231
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Okay, I actually agree somewhat with Wilwa: The wolves could easily just leave the seer and the ranger alive tonight to continue the charade tomorrow. They're stuck with it now since one of them has pulled this move. They may gamble and try to continue.
Not if they're smart, they won't. There's a way out of that one– which obviously I am not going to explain now, in case they haven't thought of it.

I'm just saying , I don't think we can be at all sure what the wolves are going to do toNight.

Quote:
It would be incredibly risky on their parts, but they've already come out with a false reveal which is always risky.

I think that this whole plan points to inexperienced though not necessarily new players. They had the advantage until they drew the spotlight onto themselves with a false reveal. Someone who has tried that or seen it tried would know how dangerous that is.
But neither of the two is a new player, not really, so what's your point? Or are you talking about the unknown third wolf as well? I don't think we can draw any conclusions about that party, since I doubt the reveal was planned.

The big question is, why reveal? What does it get them?

Quote:
This also makes me less suspicious of Nogrod, as I don't think he would ever suggest to his fellow wolf to try this.
If the wolf's Hakon, he would have done it anyway.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #232
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lari

Day 1

Post 1- Slight suspicion towards SPM, doesn't think Day 1 is going to be useful, wants to be optimistic

Okay, standard first post early in the Day. She reiterates what's been said, agrees with some people, then pops back out. Her slight suspicion of SPM is interesting here. Could be a fellow wolf distancing herself. Could be she spottted something before the rest of us.

Post 2- Response to SPM, suggests he may be the Agent, doesn't like Hakon's point about SPM, doesn't think Craydon's question will lead anywhere

Interesting theory on SPM, though the premise is weak at best, and she suspects Hakon for having a reason to suspect SPM that is as weak as hers.

Post 3- Vote count and List:
Innocent/ Not suspicious: Inzil, Pitch, Wilwa, Roa, Crayon, Nienna, Legate, Morsul
Unsure/ No read: Nogrod, Nerwen, Kitanna
Needs Watching/ Suspicious: Loslote, Hakon, SPM, Brinn

She gives short explanations for each view, which I appreciate. However, she builds her suspicion of Hakon using an out of context statement by SPM and feeds each one into the other, making a circular argument. Could be an innocent trying to give reason to her gut, or could be a wolf building a weak case to distance herself from her fellow.

Post 4- Response to Nogrod. doesn't find Nienna's reaction suspicious, Vote count

I don't have a problem with her response to Nogrod. In fact this is the primary reason I suspect him. I dislike the lack of solid cases from her, but I don't know if that's just her style. *thinks of Valier*

Post 5- Is wary of Pitch's reveal. Was thinking of voting SPM anyways, but was also considering Hakon.

I can understand her wariness- she wasn't the only one and a revealing gifted is always slightly suspicious (not even counting when there are counter-reveals.) I don't see what her case is against Hakon, but then I didn't really understand anyone's case against Hakon on Day 1. Her consideration of voting Hakon looks almost like a wolf trying to salvage a situation gone horribly wrong.

Post 6- Votes SPM

Can't glean much from this as it came post seer reveal.

Day 2

Post 1- "Seems" that SPM's death confirms Pitch as seer

Seems?

Post 2- reaction to the mass reveals:
Dreamers- seriously doubts Morsul but believes him to be the Agent.
Priests- No idea what to think about that, but thinks wilwa is less suspicious than Hakon
Is generally very confused

Well, at least she has stayed consistent on her suspicion of Hakon

The most suspicious thing about her is her case against Hakon and SPM, which was weak and based on pure assumption. A poor case is not always a sign of a wolf. I don't see why she suspects Hakon. She basically says that he's suspicious because he's acting like himself, which seems like a very made up reason to me.

Edit: crossed with Nerwen

Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #233
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
By the way, this is actually a pretty good point too. So we WILL basically know the true Ranger by the next morning, even if the WWs don't kill the real one.
Not necessarily. Our true ranger could be bluffing about who they protected. I kinda doubt Hakon would bluff if he's the real ranger, though a ranger wilwa could easily be. But we can't eliminate that possibility for either of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
Well at the beginning of the Day Pitch's first post just struck me the wrong way, but I wasn't planning to say anything right away, well honestly cause I didn't want to look bad. So when Morsul revealed I was more inclined to believe him, since Pitch had already looked suspicious to me. Obviously now I don't believe Morsul anymore. He's the Agent, he has to be, so I don't understand why people have voted for him, we should just leave him alone and try to get a wolf. The agent is harmless out in the open, they do far more damage when they're still hidden. So we're lucky here.

This post just makes me a bit more uneasy about wilwa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Legate just made a really good point about this quote. A wolf Inzil wouldn't want to eliminate the possibility that Pitch could be lying so that if the wolves decide to intentionally leave him alive then we'll start to doubt Pitch's innocence and lynch him. It'd be a risky move to leave a seer alive and dreaming, though perhaps our wolves are afraid to kill him anyway with the possibility of hitting the ranger's protection and would rather have the village take care of him. Another thing that worries me about this quote is that last line. Anyone who clearly states "I am innocent" always makes me wary because someone who is really innocent does not need to emphasize or reassure that truth unless they are being heavily suspected at the time.

I'm finding Inzil as rather creepy. His posts remind me a bit from last time he was a wolf, though it's possible I may be mixing up what I find to be wolfish behaviour with what his general playing style is.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #234
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I don't know that wolves would leave a generally accepted seer alive, just to keep up a charade by one of their number. I think the logic there is a bit flawed.
I do think the seer / ranger confusion ought not to be a concern of ours when it comes to votes right now.

Nog makes me a bit uneasy. There just seemed to be a common vibe between him and SPM yesterDay. That could have been an intention of SPM though, I suppose.

Loslote's vote on Pitch looked as though she was grasping at suspicion of Pitch started by Nog and SPM. GrantedSPM did vote for her, but wolf-on-wolf should not be considered out of the question there. One vote, against a fellow who had no others I don't think would be particularly risky, and would serve to create some distance between the two of them. Then again, those who know SPM well seem to think voting for a fellow on Day 1 would be out of character for him.

Nerwen seems pretty trustworthy to me, as does Roa.

Brinn also gives no cause for alarm at the moment.

Lari was saying SPM needed watching early on. She expressed some doubt about Pitch's reveal. I can't fault her for that, since it caught me by surprise too.

Craydon has been here. Votes for Morsul, which I think is a bit of a waste. No bad feeling about him though.

Kitanna has been somewhat under the radar for me. I can't recall anything that's given me much pause, but I haven't read over her posts carefully.

Legate seems like he might need watching for some reason, but it's nothing I can can out my finger on. It's not in anything in particular he's said; more the tone I guess.

Nienna might be the one I am most wary of now. There was the incident yesterDay with Morsul and his vote for her. She voted for Pitch, and like Loslote could have been picking up things thrown out about him by others to justify her vote. She said she thought Morsul's reveal had a joking quality to it, and thought Nerwen was 'closed minded' about Morsul. I thought Nerwen had been making quite a bit of sense. Has also voted Nog today. Hmm.

x/d with several
Old 10-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #235
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Not if they're smart, they won't. There's a way out of that one– which obviously I am not going to explain now, in case they haven't thought of it.

I'm just saying , I don't think we can be at all sure what the wolves are going to do toNight.
Which is exactly what I was saying- we don't know what they will do toNight. So assuming that the kill will completely settle our question of the ranger's identity is faulty and leads us into a trap that the wolves can easily use. Which was my point.

Quote:
But neither of the two is a new player, not really, so what's your point? Or are you talking about the unknown third wolf as well? I don't think we can draw any conclusions about that party, since I doubt the reveal was planned.
I'm not 100% on the idea, but it seems more likely. Of the mess, I've only played with Wilwa before my long absence, so I have no idea about the rest and the experience as players.

Quote:
The big question is, why reveal? What does it get them?
A very confused village, for one. The possibility of a lynched gifted, for two. Depending on which of our two rangers is the real one, possibly the identity of the ranger. (Which only works if Wilwa is the real ranger, and I'm leaning towards Hakon at the moment.)

Quote:
If the wolf's Hakon, he would have done it anyway.
If this wasn't planned, then I imagine the third wolf is panicking right now.

Edit: Crossed with Brinn down

Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #236
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Legate just made a really good point about this quote. A wolf Inzil wouldn't want to eliminate the possibility that Pitch could be lying so that if the wolves decide to intentionally leave him alive then we'll start to doubt Pitch's innocence and lynch him. It'd be a risky move to leave a seer alive and dreaming, though perhaps our wolves are afraid to kill him anyway with the possibility of hitting the ranger's protection and would rather have the village take care of him. Another thing that worries me about this quote is that last line. Anyone who clearly states "I am innocent" always makes me wary because someone who is really innocent does not need to emphasize or reassure that truth unless they are being heavily suspected at the time.
My intention with that post was to shoot Morsul down. If I was a wolf, and he'd just declared me innocent (as he did) why would I seek to tear down his claim? I could have run with it and tried to cast doubt on Pitch. Instead, I have defended Pitch as the legitmate Dreamer (because he is).
Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #237
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, I'll try to get through Inzil in a hurry, since DL is approaching.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So three wolves.

One, spm, is dead.

One is most likely, very likely, either Hakon or wilwa.

So just one left?

When reading I had a sense that people were too ready to give the "revealed-four" a free ride (and I actually started suspecting you Roa on it), but looking at it now and seeing that we have 16 villagers left I do agree that we can afford not lynching anyone of those four as some things might actually reveal themselves based on the choices of the wolves & the gifteds. At least a Day or two.

And let me be the tenth person to say, yes, Morsul looks perfectly like a cobbler (agent).

Although, looking at the numbers we might sure afford lynching him as well if we met a dead end and were too insecure one Day. This just for the possibility that it would be an interersting idea that he'd chosen to play a downright newbie cobbler but is a wolf indeed (SPM might have been involved in planning that) as people would be hesitant to lynch "clear cobblers". I mean somehow the way he plays is off any newbieness - so wether he's just having fun with the role in his first game or then that is a delibarate act to protect him from lynching.

That would mean that the possible daring tactics was not thought of to the end?

Or then the third one is one totally different and "far away" from these four, well three, well two (of whom one is her/his mate that is)... Maybe someone trying now to make her/himself good seeing so clearly how it goes? Or maybe trying to save her/himself some company by demanding none of the controversial people to be killed...

Anyway that reasonable person should be raving mad to her/his last companion for making that bold revelation-move and threathening to leave her/him alone after Day2 in a village of 16!

I can't say which one looks more genuine, Hakon or wilwa, but if wilwa is a wolf and Nienna is as well I will gloat for a jackpot indeed...

Okay, quite a many other options open as well...

I see a host of long posts being made... so back to reading.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #239
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

OK, so my friday class has been moved up (really dumb prof) so I have to leave way sooner then I expected. Therefore I have to vote now.

Honestly, I've been so focused on all these reveals I've barely looked at anyone else, but one thing that stuck out was how Nienna claimed that Nerwen was "closed minded" about Morsul. That just doesn't make much sense to me. I know that's flimsy, but I just don't have the time I expected to have to look closer at other people. Uh, this sucks.

++Nienna

So I'm sure I'll still be here tomorrow, I can't see the wolves killing me and leaving HakonWolf out in the open like that. I really hope Pitch that you don't waste your dream on one of us, like I explained before.

Good luck everyone! Sorry I couldn't stick around like I promised.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #240
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My vote is totally rushed. I apologize in advance for that. However,

++ Nogrod because that last post sounded off to me. It seemed like he was either trying to get one of the 'revealed' lynched, when we've already decided to mostly leave them be - or trying to throw suspicion on Roa for making strong points...

Argh. This vote is barely better than my last one...he is my top suspicion, so I'll go with Nog, but...

Last edited by Loslote; 10-16-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: xed with Wilwa
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote