The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #241
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I don't think I like either one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Honestly, I've been so focused on all these reveals I've barely looked at anyone else, but one thing that stuck out was how Nienna claimed that Nerwen was "closed minded" about Morsul. That just doesn't make much sense to me. I know that's flimsy, but I just don't have the time I expected to have to look closer at other people. Uh, this sucks.

++Nienna
I could be wrong, but that really looks like just latching on to what I said about Nienna a few posts ago. I'd been thinking Wilwa the likely legitimate Priest, mainly because Hakon seemed so reckless. Now I have doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
++ Nogrod because that last post sounded off to me. It seemed like he was either trying to get one of the 'revealed' lynched, when we've already decided to mostly leave them be - or trying to throw suspicion on Roa for making strong points...
I don't see that Nog was saying either of those things, really. Seems a bit of a reach.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #242
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
My vote is totally rushed.
Heh... you're most true with that vote being "totally rushed" indeed.

It's nothing unusual I lead the votes but I would like to have my posts read before voting on them and saying there were things there were not...

Still I'm drawn to think spm would not have tried to make a weak case on Loslote on Day1 if she were his mate. Okay, I'm not totally disreputing that idea either. Maybe he could have done it knowing we wouldn't bite on it on Day1 and would thence leave her as more innocent than not?

Hard to say.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #243
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
A very confused village, for one. The possibility of a lynched gifted, for two. Depending on which of our two rangers is the real one, possibly the identity of the ranger. (Which only works if Wilwa is the real ranger, and I'm leaning towards Hakon at the moment.)
This is the problem: indeed a Hakonwolf would have considerably more motive for making a false reveal than a Wolfwarin, just because of the order in which the reveals happened. But Wilwarin's argument about why she, Pitch and Hakon will surely be alive tomorrow bugs me. Not that her reasoning is unsound– but the thing is, a Wolfwarin would need to make an argument like that, since if Hakon's telling the truth, the wolves can't kill the Seer toNight, whereas if it's Wilwa they can if they choose to. And, of course, she'd want to avoid being dreamed.

On the other hand, she could be trying to convince the wolves they should refrain from killing her or the Dreamer.

EDIT:X'd with a host.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #244
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Post 1- "Seems" that SPM's death confirms Pitch as seer

Seems?
"Seems" because at the time I still had the thought of "maybe Pitch "revealed"(ha now I can spell that) so as to get raid of the high profile wolf". And then Morsul revealed and I began to believe Pitch more because, really, that was an awkward reveal.

I was going to do a whole list but I really don't have the ability to function that well yet. As far as the reveals go, I honestly do think there is a wolf in the Ranger ones. I just really don't like Hakon's reveal, mostly because it was totally out of the blue and such. Yes, there was suspicion of him yesterDay but not enough to make him think people would vote him toDay(I think). Though this is sort of what made me doubt Pitch's reveal, he had only two votes, and was the second to get those votes. But now he(Pitch) seems to be the real deal. Does that mean Hakon was following his lead? No idea, but it is interesting.

For the major talkers who haven't come out with "I'm a something"(I'm kind of waiting for a "just kidding, I'm a lover cause we totally have secret lovers!" kind of reveal): Roa is not setting off any alarms with me and neither is Legate. Nog I just have no read on at all, because he is acting like Nog and I tend to not be able to read him at all. Inzil I still have no idea and wish I had more time to look at not just him but also Nog to see if there is anything in their posts.

*is not even going to go any further on any of the revealed*

Nienna is beginning to set off alarms for me. Taking her defense on Day 1 with her vote post(so she doesn't like Nerwen's closemindness about what was kind of a bad fake reveal...but votes Nog? I honestly can't see the logic in that one, because she says she's not comfortable voting for Nerwen...but she is for Nog?)

Brinn and Kitanna I just want to see slightly more of. They both are coming up way neutral to me and I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not.

Crayon...no idea what to think.

Bah I have to think of someone to vote for and right now, without even thinking about reveals, it seems I might be voting for Nienna.

Well if I'm going to do it then I might as well do it now. I really don't like how she's looking at the moment.

++Nienna

Now, I'm going to try to go back to bed.

Edit: x-posted since post 240.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 10-16-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: x-posting
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #245
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hakon --> Wilwa
Morsul --> Hakon
Craydon --> Morsul
Nienna --> Nog
Wilwa --> Nienna
Loslote --> Nog (2)
Lari --> Nienna (2)

x'd with Lari
Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #246
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Inzil

Day 1

Post 1- In character

Post 2- Agrees with Greenie.

Post 3- Banter

First 3 post have no substance. Not necessarily wolvish, but slightly annoying.

Post 4- Thinks Nogrod and SPM were over-reacting to Pitchwife's words

Well, they were.

Post 5- Banter with Crayon

Post 6- Says Day 1 isn't completely random but a voting record is helpful

Six posts in and only one had any meaning, which was slight and not pursued.

Post 7- Response to Hakon's vote and comment about SPM

Very calm, but then Nienna was getting in trouble for not being calm about Morsul's vote

Post 8- Agrees with SPM's suspicion of Loslote, thinks Loslote is grasping onto SPM suspicion of Pitch, Thinks Nienna is suspicious, doesn't want to go for Hakon toDay

He suspects Loslote for following SPM's suspicions, but isn't that what he himself is doing?

Post 9- Thinks that Pitch's vote looks bandwagony

I thought so to, so I can hardly hold that against him.

Post 10- Tells Pitch his reveal was premature

Post 11- Votes SPM

Post 12- Says Pitch could be the Agent but it's better to go with it for now

Post 13- Reiterates that we should see what happens

I can't get anything from the vote, nor any of his posts past Pitch's reveal. He makes a lot of posts, and only a few have anything worth commenting on.

Day 2

Post 1- Is sure that Pitch is the true seer. Decides to check out Greenie.

Post 2- Says that Greenie was no trail kill

Post 3- Response to Nienna, restates his suspicion of Loslote

Post 4- Response to Hakon, tells him to protect Pitch and tells him he shouldn't have revealed

Pretty standard, very little to comment on these first four posts

Post 5- Asks who Morsul dreamed of besides him.

Post 6- Wish's Roa luck with analysis

Um, Thank you?

Post 7- Tells Morsul that he has trouble believing him and explains why the scenario doesn't work.

People are using this as evidence against him, but they are ignoring the very first sentence. Inzil in no way supports Morsul as seer, but instead shows why Pitch can't be a wolf. I take his last comment as sarcasm, not a declaration of innocense.

Post 8- Thinks Hakon is more likely to be a fraud

I can see his reasoning, though I don't agree with it.

Post 9- Wonders is Morsul is the Agent or a wolf.

Post 10- Thinks Hakon and Morsul are the wolf and agent. Thinks Roa's analysis on Nogrod was good. Seems to ask what other people think of Nog.

It looks like Inzil is jumping on my analysis and trying to stir up people to go with it. Or it could be that I'm freaking out because someone is actually using my analysis for once instead of saying, "Roa sounds reasonable, but she can so tricksy, let's not listen to her." It's throwing me off.

Post 11- Thinks Wilwa's logic is flawed, continues with suspicion of Nog, continues with suspicion of Loslote, Thinks Nerwen, Roa, Brinn, Lari, and Crayon are innocent, doesn't have a read on Kitanna, thinks something is off about Legate, is most suspicious of Nienna due to her reaction to Morsul, her vote for Pitch, and her comments about Morsul's reveal

Well this is the first of Nienna, aside from a small note on Day 1 which was little more than agreeing with Legate. I want to see an elaboration of his points.

Post 12- Response to Brinniel

I can't fault him on that- I think Brinniel and Legate are taking what he said out of context.

Post 13- Doesn't like Wilwa's or Loslote's votes. Has doubts about Wilwa now

His suspicion of Loslote is at least consistent.

Post 14- vote count

I can't get a good read on him. He talks alot but he doesn't say much. Most of his suspicions seem to come from other people first, which is what he suspects Loslote for.

Also, I'm interested in why Morsul picked him for his false reveal. He only picked me after he was asked. So Morsul, if it's not too much trouble, why start with Inzil as your revealed innocent?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #247
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
This is the problem: indeed a Hakonwolf would have considerably more motive for making a false reveal than a Wolfwarin, just because of the order in which the reveals happened. But Wilwarin's argument about why she, Pitch and Hakon will surely be alive tomorrow bugs me. Not that her reasoning is unsound– but the thing is, a Wolfwarin would need to make an argument like that, since if Hakon's telling the truth, the wolves can't kill the Seer toNight, whereas if it's Wilwa they can if they choose to. And, of course, she'd want to avoid being dreamed.
Hence the if's in my statement. As my father would say, we are in violent agreement.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 10-16-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #248
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm pretty much out of time here.

Wilwa's reasoning for Nienna struck me as suspicious, since she used almost the same wording as in my post. I was going to vote for Nienna myself, though.

Blast.

++ Nienna

And may I be right.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, any ideas?

wilwa, Hakon and morsul have one vote a piece and we will not lynch them toDay.

So after that Nienna and me have two votes *. I'd be quite ready to check Nienna as I thought herself suspicious already yesterDay, and toDay I have sadly had just a short time to read and not any time for major analysis.

I'm more confused with Inzil, and it's sad to say that somehow I felt him more lupine yesterDay and in the beginning of toDay when he was so ready to point fingers at my direction but now as he has changed his tone a bit I tend to see much sense in his posts... heh, that's what you get when you're not having decent time to really read people...

But this one I would like to point out anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
If I was a wolf, and he'd just declared me innocent (as he did) why would I seek to tear down his claim? I could have run with it and tried to cast doubt on Pitch. Instead, I have defended Pitch as the legitmate Dreamer (because he is).
I think you wouldn't tried that were you a wolf... As a smart person you must have realised that no one is going to believe him, at least after a while (okay, I'm not sure now at what definite moment you made your remarks and have no time to check it). But what I'm saying is that your "denial" of the "revealed innocense" is no proof of your innocense either - but that a smart wolf would have done just that as well as any innocent.

Although I think a wolf would be more ready to speculate about that claimed innocense, like you add the little "well, you were right anyway as I'm an innocent anyway" -thing. But that maybe too much of a personality-driven issue that I don't think it points to either way especially.

EDIT: X'd from Roa's analysis...

* correction: Nienna 3 three votes
Old 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #250
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
And you see, I'm now second-guessing myself on Nienna, for the same reasons the Inzil gives.

But who to vote for, then?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #251
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright-

++Nogrod

Because innocent Nogrod accuses me of being evil every time I do an unfavorable analysis of him, and Wolf-grod tries to keep the waters calm.

This game is throwing me off, but I don't think you would have changed that much in the time I've been away.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #252
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't half the village still need to vote? Where is everyone?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #253
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

We could lynch Morsul, you know. Knowing his role for sure would help... and it least we can be pretty certain he's a baddie.

EDIT:X'd with 2 Roas.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #254
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sorry, I really didn't manage to come earlier, somehow the gazing far stars managed to hypnotise me for most of the day. Okay, I'll see if I can do something in ten minutes which could make me decide to vote (read what's been done since my last post), if I were to vote only based on my previous thoughts, I could vote Inzil, but first, I didn't have really proper chance to check on him, so the suspicion is not particularly strong, and otherwise, I don't probably have any good read on anybody, at least not those who seem to have votes now, like Nog, whom I would need to read (like I said before) and Nienna, also not sure, would need to re-read her. I'll see. I am certainly not going to vote headlessly
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #255
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm not getting the wolfish vibes from Nienna that everyone else seems to have. I do wonder where her vote came from, though perhaps I missed something she said earlier and I don't have time to look. However, I have a bad feeling about this bandwagon that's started against her.

Nogrod is the runner-up and I'm not comfortable voting him either simply because I haven't had time to look at him enough to form any opinion.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #256
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Because innocent Nogrod accuses me of being evil every time I do an unfavorable analysis of him, and Wolf-grod tries to keep the waters calm.
Good we got you this way then...

I've had no time to start correcting your analysis - even if you managed to spot the points from there where others were just lazy and misread things.

But your stepping down to defend Nienna is something to be marked on.

And I will go for it immediately.

++ Nienna
Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #257
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If you don't think the lynch candidates are wolves then don't vote for them. That is one piece of advice we can hold onto from yesterday. Vote whomever you believe is the most suspicious. Don't Bandwagon just because you don't seem to have other options.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #258
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well. then–

++Morsul.

I'm not sure enough about either Nienna or Nogrod to vote them.

EDIT:X'd since Legate.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry. Not able to make any valiant last minute speeches.

If around toMorrow I'll do it (as I have the full Day's time).

But if not, watch that Roa...
Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #260
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I'm not getting the wolfish vibes from Nienna that everyone else seems to have. I do wonder where her vote came from, though perhaps I missed something she said earlier and I don't have time to look. However, I have a bad feeling about this bandwagon that's started against her.

Nogrod is the runner-up and I'm not comfortable voting him either simply because I haven't had time to look at him enough to form any opinion.
Where did I defend Nienna?

And Nienna and I can't both be wolves. So I don't know what you're getting at. I think you're just voting to save yourself. Which would be fine if you weren't hding it behind poor logic.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #261
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I have done very, VERY cursoric reading (cursoric = wherever my cursor moved, I read No, honestly, I just skimmed through the thread, really skimmed). So I do not have particular image of what's up, but I get bad feeling from Inzil, really, from a few things I spotted. So I will probably vote him. Especially his indefinite judgements like "I don't like this" and things like what he said about me, "Legate seems like he might need watching for some reason, but it's nothing I can can out my finger on. It's not in anything in particular he's said; more the tone I guess." This is a sort of typical Wolfish indefinite door-for-suspicion-open-talk.

(I will xpost probably since my last post)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #262
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And Pitch, please, dream me. I have no problem with people realizing for once that I'm not evil just for being me.

And besides that, Nogrod, what happened to not voting for the controversial people? Or was that a line to save yourself?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #263
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I see Nogrod has just accused Roa of being a wolf. That looks quite evil, the way he did it. Hmmn.

EDIT:X'd since last post.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #264
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I can't say I have any really strong suspicions as of now. But I would rather have no part in the Nienna and Nogrod bandwagon. Nienna hasn't even been here to defend herself and I already said I'm uncomfortable voting Nog. Right now I still find Inzil creepy, so that'll be my vote:

++Inziladun
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #265
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
We could lynch Morsul, you know. Knowing his role for sure would help... and it least we can be pretty certain he's a baddie.

EDIT:X'd with 2 Roas.
That's a rather baddy-ish approach, you know. Or throwaway.

Anyway

++Inzil

EDIT: x-ed since my last
Old 10-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #266
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
And Nienna and I can't both be wolves.
That's what one gets when seeing ghosts everywhere...
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #267
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
The day began with confusion. Not one, but four of the villagers immediately claimed to have been gifted by Our Father Below. Pitchwife had made his dreams clear yesterday, while Morsul threw up a quick counterclaim before laughing and saying it was all a joke and we're all going to die alone and unloved. Hakon and wilwa both stepped up to argue that point using advanced theological theory, and before they knew it they had each claimed the priesthood.

A strange four-way standoff developed, with the rest of the village choosing the sides they wanted to prevail. This lasted for a time, with no real gains being made by any faction.

Until once again someone noticed that strange child simply staring at the sky. Shouts began to rise from the crowd. "There she goes again with her talk of how the ocean will be like tomorrow." "Yeah, doesn't she know that only the Father and his servants have that kind of power?" "We cannot let such an affront go unpunished, especially in the chosen city."

By this time, both priests were in favor of execution for heresy charges. The locals quickly agreed. Before anyone else could react, three of the Order's acolytes had already grabbed her. "'Follow me!," both the priests said. And so the procession moved off towards the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

The doors were thrown wide open, and the town marched in all the way to the holiest sanctum. After a short sermon of condemnation, a pit in the floor was opened. The few who dared to look inside lost a little bit of themselves and their lunches, and drew back as far as they could. The only sound anyone could hear was an animalistic cry of "Tekeli-li!" again and again. The girl was slowly moved towards the edge.

A push, a drop, a wet sort of crunch, and the pit was covered again. And so night fell.

The Dead:
McCaber, town drunk and general layabout [mod]
Saucepan Man, disturbed and disturbing artist [werewolf]
A Little Green, blind ex-soldier [ordinary villager]
Nienna, innocent child and meteorologist [ordinary villager]

The Living:
Inziladun, fisherman
Pitchwife, heretical organist
Loslote, humble seamstress
Hakon, Innsmouth denizen
wilwa, Innsmouth denizen
Nogrod, student of alternate cosmologies
Roa, Innsmouth physician (with everything that entails)
Craydon1, penniless drifter
Nerwen, last scion of a decadent dynasty
Legate, displaced scholar of the Pnakotic Shards
Morsul, quiet librarian
Kitanna, Innsmouth denizen
Lairen Shadow, Innsmouth denizen
Brinn, Innsmouth denizen

NIGHT 3, FOLKS. GIFTED AND WEREWOLVES, HAND OVER THE NAMES.

Last edited by McCaber; 10-16-2009 at 11:59 AM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #268
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I see Nogrod has just accused Roa of being a wolf. That looks quite evil, the way he did it. Hmmn.
It's what she does when she's evil = gets me lynched...
Old 10-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #269
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
After their spiritual experience, the villagers separated out into the night and crawled back into their various holes.

Let's take a closer look at one of them. Kitanna, for instance. Even now she's already back at her house (or at least what's left of it after that unfortunate incident a few years back). She gives a soft sigh and opens the door. Inside, it's a mess. Sure, she means well, but there's only so much one can do in such a terrible setting. The bed in the corner is aged to pieces, a decrepit sink sits useless in the corner, and half the windows are shattered.

The one piece of beauty left in here is a single portrait hanging on the east wall. A young man with a far-off expression on his face; sweetly rendered even though the colors are long past their prime. She sits on the bed and stares at him for almost an hour. "Has it really been that long since then?" she whispers. "Twenty years to the night, and you still look as beautiful as ever." And the expression on her face changes. She gathers up her cloak and once more steps into the night.

Her steps lead her to the cliffs just outside of town. "This is where we would sit and watch the reef, on nights like this, with the full moon ..."

"The full moon! Gracious Lord, what am I doing?" She turns to run back, and the two shapes who followed her here move to cut her off.

"Now what sort of wolves would we be if we just let you go?" she hears. "At least make it a challenge for us," the other one snarls. All Kitanna can do is freeze in her tracks. Two quick slashes and it's all over. "That was hardly worth it. Throw her over and let's be done with it."

Her body bounces once off the cliff and then splashes into the ocean. The wolves depart hastily. All is still.

The villagers found her pulled onto shore that morning. The fishy smell on her lips was easily explained as seawater, and the large tracks around her body were wiped clean by the rising tides. But some, the wisest of the village, half-remembered a sound of weeping coming from the dark oceans late last night. And they remember the oldest of stories.

The Dead:
McCaber, town drunk and general layabout [mod]
Saucepan Man, disturbed and disturbing artist [werewolf]
A Little Green, blind ex-soldier [ordinary villager]
Nienna, innocent child and meteorologist [ordinary villager]
Kitanna, Innsmouth denizen [ordinary villager]

The Living:
Inziladun, fisherman
Pitchwife, heretical organist
Loslote, humble seamstress
Hakon, Innsmouth denizen
wilwa, Innsmouth denizen
Nogrod, student of alternate cosmologies
Roa, Innsmouth physician (with everything that entails)
Craydon1, penniless drifter
Nerwen, last scion of a decadent dynasty
Legate, displaced scholar of the Pnakotic Shards
Morsul, quiet librarian
Lairen Shadow, Innsmouth denizen
Brinn, Innsmouth denizen

IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY DAY 3.

Last edited by McCaber; 10-17-2009 at 11:46 AM.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #270
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
All of Kit's posts, don't think I missed any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Ok, sorry, just got home from work. I'll be on now for a little over an hour reading and commenting. Whatever I don't get to before I go to bed I will finish when I wake up (roughly four hours before DL). So for now I'm off to read what I've missed.
Quote:
A lot of the early posts were "Day 1, bleh" or "DL isn't good for me Day 1 or Day 2" or "Good list Spm". For the most part not much other than "hey I'm here" posts. Which is fine.

A Little Green mentions all that I just did in her first post (post #11). Still Greenie does provide something to go on other than the afore mentioned posts. After her first two posts it seems the conversation turns away from usual Day 1 jabber into some more substantial.

Legate comes in next, commenting on what's been said so far. At this point he takes somewhat of a wait and see attitude, wanting to give those who haven't appeared a chance to speak.

Greenie brought this point up as well about the loud/quiet thing. Inziladun later comments on this as well. Personally, I think it's easier to tell if someone is quiet as a playing style or quiet to hide guilt after Day 2, but that's just how I've seen it in the past.

Wilwa makes a point here that I'm inclined to agree with and yet wonder about at the same time:

Now she makes a good point about how useful all these posts will be on Day 2. However, she calls for people to make noise and if some players have nothing to add than it'll be just white noise (adding absolutely nothing substantial for Day 2). Wilwa does this herself by stating how Day 1 is hectic and random, a well established fact at this point. Wilwa acknowledges this as stating the obvious, which adds white noise. That makes me wonder.

Later Wilwa defends this from Nogrod:

I'm not sure if I agree with that. It's good to post at least once before voting, but I don't think it's such a good idea to say next to nothing. Of course it's really a Catch-22.

In Post 31 the first vote is cast for Nienna by Morsul. I know he's inexperienced, but I'm baffled by his choice.

Back to Wilwa:

I think she has some sound advice trying not to look at vote counts. Of course I doubt many will actually do this, but I think that's a decent idea.

In general comments (because I'm falling asleep): I think Craydon puts forth an interesting idea, though I fail to see it as practical.
Morsul's vote, confused at best. Nienna's response to it, justified. The situation, amusing.
Hakon votes for Inziladun, mmmm. Granted Hakon had to vote early, but voting based on games past seems a bit dodgy.
Like Hakon, Loslote and Craydon had to vote early, but I can't find any reasoning for their votes.
(sorry these last comments are rushed)

I have some more comments to make and few more players to bring up, but I would like to review some posts with a clear head before saying anything else.
Quote:
That's shenanigans my dear Brinn, simple shenanigans.

Seriously though I've had some time to mull things over and clear my head. So before continuing where I left off last night I have a few general comments to make.

1) In regards to voting early, namely Loslote and Crayon. Neither one gave a reason, not even a terrible reason like "I picked this name out of a hat." Hakon also voted early, but he had a reason for his choice (not a good reason, but a reason). I see I'm not the only one who thinks like this:

2) Morsul's vote, not his own confused vote, but Nienna's reaction and reactions to Nienna's reaction. Nienna became annoyed, or maybe angry is a better word, when she discovered Morsul's faulty reasoning for his vote for her. She stated she didn't like being voted for in such a manner. This had Legate saying:

And Nogrod agrees with it.
Morsul makes a comment on the subject too:

Now, Nienna does react unusually strong to Morsul's vote. But, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, at the time of Morsul's vote Nienna hadn't spoken yet had she? I myself was annoyed and angry Morsul listed me as a suspect in one of his earliest posts based on the narration. I see where Nienna's response would be seen as a red flag, but I'm having a hard time finding it overly suspicious.

3) I spoke considerably on Wilwa's suggestion for everyone to talk more, regardless of what they said in my last post and I'd like to finish up a thought on that.
But Day 1s are sooo useful on Day 2s, therefore we should all help ourselves out and post anyway, even if we have nothing to say or add. Just so that toMorrow we'll have something on everyone!
As I said before she makes a good point about these posts helping on Day 2, but this suggestion worries me as well. If we have half the village just repeating the same things or just doing random in character gibberish then we have nothing Day 2 and it essentially becomes almost like a second Day 1. I think everyone should post, but if people flood the thread with nonsense it becomes just as easy for wolves to hide behind that as it is to hide behind a mask of quietness. Wilwa should know this and that makes me wonder why she put the idea of "make lots of noise" out there in the first place.

Well I'm off to finish what I started before bed. I'll be around and hopefully posting until half an hour before DL.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree with you about her vote, but for different reasons. It seems stranger to me that she would accuse him of not having sound logic having played so many games in the past, considering I feel the same way about her own suggestion of making noise.

I feel this is just a matter of how different players react to different scenarios. I probably would have reacted the same as Nienna, which is why I'm willing to take her reaction as a panicked innocent rather than a panicked wolf. I'd rather see what how Nienna reacts when she receives a vote that is more than just a newbie's confusion. If the reaction is the same, then perhaps there's some merit to what Legate and Nogrod have said. For now I prefer to wait and see when it comes to Nienna.

I wonder if this is just Brinn's playing style though? I can't recall Brinn's first few posts, in any game, ever being more than "fluff".

Edit: x-posted with Pitchwife
Quote:
Apologies, I missed the "If she contributes no further".

So then does that mean you find something unusual about his playing style and/or vote? I'm confused because this is really the first mention you've made of who you suspect and I'm not even sure you suspect him.
And Nienna probably won't be on again to answer my queries before Day 1 ends, but why Pitchwife? I realize this is a random/gut vote, but what Pitchwife say to give you a gut feeling in the first place?
Quote:
I got called into work early, so I have to vote now.

I'm starting to wonder about Nienna based on her vote. That's not enough for me to vote for her though. I'm curious as to what she has to say regarding it. That said...

++ Wilwa

I've said before what I think of Wilwa and her idea, no need to repeat them in their entirety. In short, to me it looks like she could be calling for noise to hide in. Her vote doesn't help her either. She voted for Hakon based on his vote, accusing him of something that she is doing herself. Maybe I'm completely misjudging Wilwa, but right now she looks the most unusual to me.
Day 2

Quote:
Morsul, Nogrod, Wilwa, Pitchie, Loslote, Craydon, Inzil, Larien and Nerwen all are players SpM mentioned beyond his first in character post. I think that's everyone at least. In his vote post he mentioned being wary of Pitchwife, Inzil, Larien and Nerwen, and in the end voted for Loslote.

Now since it was only Day 1 I wonder how much distant he would have put between himself and the other wolves. I'm going to believe Pitchwife is telling us the truth because I doubt a baddie would do a false reveal so early, especially with only mediocre suspicion around them. So that leaves Inzil, Larien, Loslote, and Nerwen as SpM suspects. Based on SpM's vote I'm the least wary of Loslote. However, I'm going to go check out their posts, as well as the posts of the other people SpM mentioned in seriousness.

As for Greenie she was probably a no trace kill.

Ok off to review some posts.
Quote:
Inzil
Post 1: In character
Post 2: Comments on a post made by Greenie. Mentions there is a difference between playing style and a "a non-entity that slips quietly through the cracks"
Post 4: Thinks Nogrod and SpM overreacted to Pitchwife's first post.
Post 5: Comments on Craydon's idea of asking questions of the village.
Post 7: Comments on Hakon's vote. Mentions SpM, but it looks like this is only an example of not using meta-game voting.
Post 8: Throws some suspicion Loslote's way. Also he mentions Nienna's reaction to Morsul's vote as seeming a bit odd. Decides to stay away from Craydon based on newness and Hakon for being his usual self.
Post 10: Asks Pitchie if revelation was a bit premature.
Post 11: Votes SpM
Post 12: Says Pitchie could be the agent, but decides whatever happens on Day 1 will give us something for Day 2.
The posts I left out weren't anything of real interest, mostly just quick responses to this or that.
In conclusions, Inzil doesn't seem good or bad either way. He voted like everyone else did after the reveal so there's nothing to go on there. He mentioned all three of the knowns (SpM, Greenie, and Pitchie), but didn't really say much about any of them. As far as I can tell Inzil didn't really find anyone suspcious, though he did have a few things to say about Loslote and Nienna, but none of that suggested he'd have voted for them yesterday.

Lariren
Post 1: Mostly Day 1 jabber. Agrees we should stay positive about catching a wolf that day.
Post 2: Puts a little suspicion out there on SpM, suggesting he could have been trying to hint to the wolves to "play their parts". Suggests Hakon may be trying to throw off suspicion by throwing it on SpM. Questions Loslote's jump on Craydon's idea.
Post 3: Vote count, lists suspects. Loslote, Hakon, SPM, and Brinn make her need watching list. Wilwa alone falls in the "keep them around" list.
Post 4: Explains what she meant about keeping Wilwa around, wanted to say seems innocent in a new way. Mentions Nienna's reaction to her vote, but doesn't find it anything special. Another vote count.
Post 5: Wary of Pitchie's reveal, says she'll vote SpM or possibly Hakon.
To me Lariren seems a bit more dodgy than Inzil, but not by a lot. In her list she says who she wants to watch and why, but doesn't say much else about what she thinks. Her vote for SpM isn't a surprise and I think she might have voted that way regardless of the reveal.

That's what I have time for now. ToDay is a bad day for me because of work. I'll be around for an hour or so in a few hours then I'll reappear once more about four hours before DL. I'll finish my looks into those SpM suspected and talked about later.

Didn't see anymore posts from her, so unless I missed some I'm assuming she didn't come back.
So she posted much more on Day 1 then on Day 2, and nothing yesterday really stands out to me. So I'm guessing she was yet another no-trail kill, unless someone sees something I don't.

Curious to know who Pitch dreamt of??

I only have about half an hour and then I have to work, for a long time, it sucks cause when I signed up for this game I had today off, but someone called in sick and now I have to go in. ToDay is going to be just dreadful for me.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #271
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hi, I'm here. I'm going through Kit's posts.

As a side note: It's totally unnecessary to repost all of the posts that a person made to analyze them. Summarize, people. Summarize.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #272
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Hi, I'm here. I'm going through Kit's posts.

As a side note: It's totally unnecessary to repost all of the posts that a person made to analyze them. Summarize, people. Summarize.
I just find it way easier for myself to quote them all and then read them all together (everyone's got their methods), and I don't really have time to summarize today anyway.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #273
Craydon1
Pile O'Bones

Craydon1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Craydon1 Send a message via Skype™ to Craydon1
I'm jumping on to let people know that I will be on today, but probably toward the end. So not much from me till later. If I can get on my friend's internet later than I'll post.
Craydon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Alrighty... Sorry about those last minutes yesterDay. I hadn't have time enough to get a firm hold of the situation and when I realised that Roa was trying to get me lynched just that easily some pretty nasty memories filled my mind. And looking at her influence in here it was actually quite a realistic scenario she could have succeeded.

But I should have time toDay and promise to make good for the quite inactive two first Days.

Well, the wolves didn't try Pitchie toNight. The question becomes, why?

Also I find it interesting right now that it was Kit they chose, and not fex. Roa and Legate as it seems basically no one suspects them...

And these two questions I find inter-related.

So they didn't try Pitchie, and the only reason for that would be that they were afraid of the ranger. But if they believed so strongly that the ranger would be able to protect Pitch as to not even try the seer, then why on earth not kill people like Roa or Legate who would then be pretty probably without protection?

Or is the whole scenario flawed in some basic way? I need to do some work but will return to these questions - and others in an hour or two.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #275
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I hate that I was wrong about Nienna. The manner in which Wilwa climbed onto that made me very uneasy, but I was up against the wall for time, and decided to stick with my best guess and hope for the best.

I think we should individually look at Kitanna's posts, and not trust anyone in particular to do it for us. That keeps a wolf from deceiving us, and also gives the possibility one might pick up on something others missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So they didn't try Pitchie, and the only reason for that would be that they were afraid of the ranger. But if they believed so strongly that the ranger would be able to protect Pitch as to not even try the seer, then why on earth not kill people like Roa or Legate who would then be pretty probably without protection?
They also kept away from the Priest claimants, when they could have likely gotten either of them. Perhaps they thought it would sow more confusion among us if we still have doubts about who to trust. Leaving the Dreamer around another Night could be highly dangerous for them, or at least I'm hoping so. I'm anxious to hear Pitch's dream, as long as it wasn't Kitanna.

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-17-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary comma
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #276
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:

Also I find it interesting right now that it was Kit they chose, and not fex. Roa and Legate as it seems basically no one suspects them...

Like I said yesterDay, because if they killed Pitch it would be obvious that Hakon is lying (since he was supposedly protecting him), just like if they killed me it would be obvious Hakon's lying. They want him to continue to look good. I actually wouldn't be surprised if all three of us are alive yet again tomorrow (or if any of us die it'll be me, since I will protect Pitch tonight, and Hakon is one of them) but they may just leave us all be, make Hakon look good and hope to make me look bad, to see how long they can fool everyone, I don't know, it's hard to say what kind of risks they're willing to take. We're actually kind of lucky Hakon falsly revealed, because it's getting us more seer dreams then we would have had otherwise. If he hadn't of done that Pitch would have probably been killed last Night. This way we're getting atleast 2 more seer dreams then we would have had.

x'ed with inzil
Old 10-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #277
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Alrighty... Sorry about those last minutes yesterDay. I hadn't have time enough to get a firm hold of the situation and when I realised that Roa was trying to get me lynched just that easily some pretty nasty memories filled my mind. And looking at her influence in here it was actually quite a realistic scenario she could have succeeded.
Ironically, your reaction to my suspicion reminded me of a familiar scenario. I goes like this:

Innocent Roa: "Your logic is flawed!"
Innocent Nogrod: "Your argument has no basis!"
Both: "Rawrsnarlgrrhiss!" *attempt to kill each other*
Wolves: "ROFL!!!!!!"

I couldn't have lynched you if other people hadn't also suspected you as well. And Nerwen, no, it doesn't look evil, because Nogrod always automatically suspects people who suspect him. It's just his way.

Quote:

Because A. They're afraid of the ranger. B. They're playing a very risky game. C. I leave a humongous trail of evidence to follow. D. I almost always get myself lynched when innocent. People don't believe this, which I find humorous, given my ratio of games played to games survived is much lower than my ratio of times as wolf to games played ratio. It's a fact- I'm lynchable no matter how many people "trust" me, because eventually they decide to lynch me on principal.

Quote:

My question is why didn't they kill the real ranger? If they're afraid of the ranger, it makes sense to get him/her out of the way so that they have a clear path to the seer. The only reason not to is continue with this rediculous gamble. And besides, assuming the ranger was protecting Pitch, NO ONE ELSE in the village would have been protected, and NO ONE suspected Kitanna. She had such little attention on her that it would have been remarkable for her to suddenly gain the spotlight and get lynched. She's hardly comparable to you and I and Legate even when it comes to stage hogging.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #278
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Besides, the last few minutes of the previous Day set the tone and made it clear that you at least would come after me, so why kill me off and save the village from one massive distraction?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #279
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Well, my results of looking at Kit's posts suggest that her main suspect was Wilwa. That's who she voted for on Day 1 (she doesn't seem to have voted on Day 2). She didn't like Wilwa's Day 1 vote aginst Hakon.
She did an analysis of Lari and me, thinking Lari looked slightly 'dodgier'.
Other than this, my best guess is they went for her because, as Roa said, she hadn't been seriously suspected of anything and it was unlikely they could get her lynched. There were (and are) better candidates for their efforts on that score, including me.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #280
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just one more speculation at this hour...

Now clearly the fact that the wolves didn't try to kill Pitchie - which we should know for certain as Kit died - would point towards Hakon being actually the real ranger and thus cast the suspicion on wilwa.

Now didn't they have any other choices or was it their intention to make wilwa look bad?

But what this actually tells us is that unlike some of you might think we shouldn't keep both our rangers alive indefinitively. One of them actually has to be a wolf and even if our numbers are nice at the moment they will dwindle with two by day - and trying them out will take two days (if we get it wrong the first time) meaning we may lose four people getting rid of one wolf. So we should not leave that to the last possible moment...

Which is not to say lynch one of them toDay. But in one or two Days we'd probably have to take sides with that issue.

Why I'm thinking about these things now then? Well looking at how indecisive the "results" of the last Night are I have not a too optimistic view on how the Nightly kills will enlighten us on the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
And Nerwen, no, it doesn't look evil, because Nogrod always automatically suspects people who suspect him. It's just his way.
Not exactly. I suspect those people who time their efforts to lynch me when innocent too nicely - or make a too heavy effort on Day1 or 2 with minimal arguments. In both cases I see an evil intent trying to get me lynched and not being honestly trying to lynch a baddie as the first priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
My question is why didn't they kill the real ranger? If they're afraid of the ranger, it makes sense to get him/her out of the way so that they have a clear path to the seer. The only reason not to is continue with this rediculous gamble. And besides, assuming the ranger was protecting Pitch, NO ONE ELSE in the village would have been protected, and NO ONE suspected Kitanna. She had such little attention on her that it would have been remarkable for her to suddenly gain the spotlight and get lynched. She's hardly comparable to you and I and Legate even when it comes to stage hogging.
I'm not sure which one of has the faulty logic here... or well, a very differing view of things at least.

By killing the real ranger last Night the wolves would have most probably exposed one of them (the false ranger) whom we would have then lynched toDay - leaving one wolf alone against the entire village.

And yes, I was saying the same: if the wolves thought Pitch was protected they had an open invitation to pick anyone they wished. But I would think they would go for those who could be influental threats to them rather than trying to pick someone who's not been too openly in the spotlight thus far.

I see you Roa make an interesting "pre-defence" of yourself saying you are easy to lynch which would make you not on the top of their target lists were you innocent. I think I need to disagree with you there. If I was a wolf I would be darn terrified of you, anyway much more than I would be terrified of Kit. Just compare the "lynchability" after presenting something like "a case" on either of you two, or the influence either of you could have on the village if you got it right...

Oh you had one more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Besides, the last few minutes of the previous Day set the tone and made it clear that you at least would come after me, so why kill me off and save the village from one massive distraction?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I was not being a clever wolf there. Sadly I was just acting stupidly from a moment's passion. The last minute fever...

But then again I'm not too sure I would have something like a major issue to go after you toDay... I mean why would I? I should try to look for a wolf here, not look for how to get a certain person lynched wgatever s/he is.

But as I said, I'll be back a little later (I just decided to look at the situation and maybe post some elementary thoughts of our situation and here a full hourr has already gone...).

And with an eye to everyone, not just you Roa.