The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #121
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Okay, then why would he back off it instead of using it to back up his suspicions? Why rely on the poor reasoning of a slip when he could be using my disagreement with Boromir against me? There's no reason for him not to, so why?
It's very odd indeed.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #122
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
#58 - Thinlomien. Not too useful here, I think. She makes a big list and judges everyone, but we're not really in a position to do that at that time. I'd be surprised if everyone read your thoughts on players who have barely been around, as it's not interesting and it's just a big block of text. Sorry!
I disagree - I think it's always rather useful to read people's opinions on other players, even though there wouldn't be that much content. At least, writing such lists early on is hugely better than bantering, discussing whether Day 1s are useless or not, or not posting at all.

EDIT: x-ed with Pitchwife and Eomer
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #123
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well, Greenie, receiving your applause then your disapproval in the space of one post is quite an achievement.

Nevertheless, I've gone nearly a whole day without arguing with Lommy; you can't expect this abominable state of affairs to continue.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #124
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Looking at my list, I'm thinking of voting Nog or Mnemo. I've promised to give the internet over to Lommy soon, so I probably won't have time for a proper analysis on Mnemo - which means that voting for her would be pretty much gut-feeling. As for Nog, he's confusing me waaaay too much and I can't see a wolf-Nog making the arguments he did - but they didn't seem innocent or cobblerish or anything else, either. Eurgh.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #125
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Back and kicking. Not really that much to add in the last half hour as all of the discussion has gone towards exacerbating what I'm sure is just an innocent-on-innocent problem.

Oh, and Shasta, duly noted.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #126
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Well, Greenie, receiving your applause then your disapproval in the space of one post is quite an achievement.
Not disapproval. Disagreement.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #127
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'll lump Lommy, Greenie, Brinn and Eomer together (probably Shasta too), as all of them have shown some activity but not quite enough for me to form a definitive impression. Seen nothing that stands out against any of them. I'd say Eomer makes a little more good points than the rest (to be expected from a veteran of the first hour, as I think he is).
Nerwen - well, I don't know. She's been more controversial than I remember her from other Day 1's. Usually she's more calm, cool, collected, very balanced and sensible to the point of inscrutability, especially early in the game, but I think I've seen her get pointed and - well, not quite passionate, but something in that direction - when the situation seemed to call for it. So, maybe a bit untypical, but 'sinister' is taking it too far, I think.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #128
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pitch and Inziladun are both giving me the closest thing to a wolvish vibe that I have right now. I'll probably vote for one of them... whichever one seems more likely to garner more votes at this point as I'm afraid they'll be in competition with the Dread Fracas.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #129
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Pitch and Inziladun are both giving me the closest thing to a wolvish vibe that I have right now. I'll probably vote for one of them... whichever one seems more likely to garner more votes at this point as I'm afraid they'll be in competition with the Dread Fracas.
That's the third time you've made reference to your opinion that Roa and Nogrod are both innocent.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #130
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, so the suspicionometers of everyone else on the thread were a lot less definitive than I thought...

And the vibes aren't giving me any more direction...

Which means it's coinflip time...

++Inziladun
Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #131
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well then, going through in order of appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
My problem is that this is the ONLY point he has against me, and yet he claims that he is absolutely convinced I'm a wolf. The fact that he has to look for reasons to lynch me is evidence of the fact that HE HASN'T GOT ANY.
No. It's "evidence" of the fact that I will not use such reasons - but can't put them aside either as a decent villager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I don't read much into Roa's misnumbering the wolves. It wouldn't get her very far as a wolf, in my opinion, and I think she's quite savvy enough to know that.
"Get her very far"? What do you mean? It would be handy for a wolf against D1 randomness, twisting the scales just that little to her favour if people were not sure (and she would be suspected). I think she's savvy enough to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchie
Roa's number slip seems odd, but I think if she were a wolf trying to mislead us she would have chosen something which couldn't have been proved false that easily.
You're missing the point Pitch and honestly I don't get what you mean... It's not whether she's "proven wrong" with the numbers, but the image she's trying to convey of her not knowing the number of wolves around eg. meaning she has not been discussing the others last Night & not knowing exactly who the other wolves are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie on me saying people could use their little grey cells
he's basically saying "everyone who doesn't agree with me is a baddie". I don't like that.
No. I'm saying nothing like that. I'm saying an ordo can use her/his grey cells and see. Being blind is not the same thing as being a baddie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I mean, I'd be laughing my butt off right now if I were in his position.
Which position might you be hinting at? So have you realised why I'm after you and speak the truth here?

If you mean the cobbler, sorry, you got it wrong. The cobbler is needed later in the game so suicidality is not their trademark early on. Heh Roa, no "seer-revealment" coming forwards. An innocent doesn't do that unless there is a real seer in danger from that innocent's POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
reading Nog's #80 and #91 right after each other, Nog is either confused, or twisting his own points.
I think a few of you have read my posts in an interesting way. What I said was that I didn't like the two (Roa and Nerwen) jumping on Boro's perfectly reasonable thoughts - like they were trying to make him look suspicious for that. And then I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Btw. I'm not too interested in you suspecting or just disagreeing with Boro.
Meaning that it was the same to me whether they (well Roa at that point, so it's singular) say they just disagreed or suspected him as there clearly was an attempt to make him look bad (so whichever she claimed she was meaning bore no consequence to one's judgement on her - like anyone saying "I'm innocent" means nothing).

Blahh... I'm clearly lagging too far behind to ever catch you...

A short pause, then reading the rest that has come in and hopefully some actual discussion.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #132
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

An hour till DL... I'm off very soon, Lommy wants the internet, and I'm debating with myself whether to vote now or hastily before DL. It would make more sense now, I guess, but then again, I don't like decision-making, but then again, the decision has to be made anyway.

Gah. I'll vote now.

++ Mnemo

I'll save Nog for later. I want to hear him explain himself toMorrow.

EDIT: x-ed with Nog. Oh well.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #133
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Not going to vote due to lack of participation (one day stay of execution)

Loslote
Nienna
sally
Shasta
wilwa
tromkehra
Bes

Want to keep alive for now

Boromir88
Eomer of the Rohirrim (!)
Morsul
Nogrod
Roa
Green

Will probably vote for one of:

Inziladun
Mnemosyne
Pitchwife
Brinn
Macalaure
Thinlómien
Nerwen
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #134
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
No. I'm saying nothing like that. I'm saying an ordo can use her/his grey cells and see. Being blind is not the same thing as being a baddie...
No, but by implying an ordo should see what you see is basically the same as implying that a person who doesn't see what you see is not an ordo. Get the point?

But now I'll go and let Lommy post. Decide wisely, folks. Good Night.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #135
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
"Get her very far"? What do you mean? It would be handy for a wolf against D1 randomness, twisting the scales just that little to her favour if people were not sure (and she would be suspected). I think she's savvy enough to know that.
Would Roa really expect her innocence would appear more likely to us just because she seemed ignorant of the wolves' numbers? As she herself noted, that was done by her recently, and would be that much less believable in this case for that reason. I'm not saying she's innocent, mind, but that 'slip' alone is not very noteworthy to me.

x/d with Greenie and Eomer
Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #136
Bes
Animated Skeleton

Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
Back. Reading everything up til now. Also, waiting on Legate to answer a PMed question about rules and such... More in a little while, hopefully. I swear I'm trying to participate in this game.
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #137
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
That was an intentional "mistake". It just has to be.

So Roa tried to mislead us about her knowledge of the situation - and I can't see a reason what a gifted Roa would gain from that against the wolves at Nights as they would not start thinking she's someone they can afford to ignore from that. But a wolf-Roa might gain the edge in a possible tight voting if people thought she was not up to the situation...
Point against Nogrod. I don't see why something that could have just as easily been an honest mistake (and probably was - did anyone besides me see the very-last minute dropping and adding of people? First there were three wolves, then four, then three again, then four again, etc. ad.) has to be the be-all and end-all, Roa's guilty, case closed.

Quote:
As an ordo I know it. 'nuff said - meaning we're coming to the "uncomfortable zone" here and I'm not willing to argue anything as it's one of those things a player is not allowed to produce evidence for (which is actually just fair). Everyone can use their little grey cells though... and I suggest you all ordos do it and see it yourselves.
Point against Nogrod. You can't know anything definitively as an ordo, anyway, and if you're (as I suspect you are) referring to the actual text of the ordo role PM, that's A) metagaming and rather unsavory in and of itself and B) highly inconclusive in any case.

Quote:
Aye, Nogrod, soon as I saw Roa's counting-mistake I remarked: "intentional". Not sure what it means, though. I wouldn't be quick to lynch Roa because she brings a lot to the table in terms of discussion.
I wouldn't go so far as to say this is a point against Eomer, but the way he subtly backs up Nogrod by agreeing with him and not really contributing to the conversation other than that strikes me as mildly strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
What? Huh? Really? First, you spend your posts using in character banter, and now you decide I'm guilty on a number slip? With all do respect, are you on something? This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet.
Point for Roa. This reaction seems innocent to me (in fact, it's probably how I'd react in the same situation. )

Quote:
I must agree that questioning after Boro's "gifted talk" was a bit odd - as Boro talked sense. And it was first Roa and Nerwen who made the questions - and they are two players who should really understand what Boro was saying! As a rule of thumb (which can be broken of course in individual cases) gifted needs to look a bit suspicious so that the wolves think they can get her/him lynched and don't "waste" their Nightkill on that person.

Accidentally (?) it was also Nerwen who popped up to suggest defences for Roa after I voiced my trouble wth her. So a piece of bold team-work?
Point against Nogrod. What makes "sense" to you may not necessarily make "sense" to someone else. Also, an immediate declaration of Nerwen being Roa's teammate, as her first defender. Wild accusations on flimsy evidence? Not what I'm used to seeing from Nogrod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
What Boro said didn't make sense- he said that wolves are reasonable that gifteds aren't, implying that we ought to be lynching the reasonable ones. (By the way, you most certainly do NOT fall into that category.) Reasonableness is a terrible reason to lynch someone. Yes, the gifted need to be somewhat suspected to live, but it's not our job to worry about them.

Now who's trying to continue the debate? Oh, that would be you. By carrying on about the gifted an what they're doing, you are giving pointers to the wolves about how to spot gifted, and you're distracting the village from doing actual wolf-hunting. Not to mention the whole idea of what Boromir says discourages us from voting for people that we find suspicious for fear that they may be gifted, something that you seem keen to press on everyone while at the same time coming up with ludicrous suspicions that have no merit, further distracting the village.
Mmm... point for Roa. However, firstly, I don't recall Boro ever saying "wolves are reasonable, gifteds aren't" - I believe the point was that we shouldn't dismiss someone from suspicion just because they're reasonable. The second part of the above quote seems to me like "Me? Oh yeah, well you..." This reaction, while not the best and seeming odd (I see a bit of "Nogrod suspects Roa, so Roa suspects him right back" thing going on) has the same tone as her previous post, that of indignant ordo.

Quote:
Am I on something? Well I am actually on bagging us a wolf. And am pretty serious about it.

I see there a reasonable remainder that we easily lynch gifteds as they need to look a bit suspicious in general (an especialy more inexperienced players may actually be a little nervous overreacting to things and thus look guilty, that can happen to a veteran as well) - and that wolves playing reasonable are easily slipping under our radars early on. To me that doesn't imply we should lynch the reasonable ones but to be careful / to remember there is this side as well.
Point for Nogrod. I believe this to be a more accurate representation of what Boro actually said/meant... that said, I still don't think a different point of view to be a sign of wolvery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
The only one doing that is you. I never suspected Boromir, I only disagreed with him. You're the one turning this into a huge deal and carrying on with it. Not to mention the whole number slip thing. That's not making a mountain out of a molehill?

A reasonable reminder of what, exactly, Nogrod? That we don't want to lynch gifteds? Well, duh, we all know that. What do you make of the second part of his statement? That wolves slip by on reasonableness? How do you take that?
I'm unsure what to think here. On the one hand, it's the same indignant Roa whom I feel to be innocent based on her reaction. On the other, it seems as if she disagrees with Boro about wolves being able to slip by on being reasonable (if I'm wrong, please correct me) and I can't figure out why.

Quote:
Btw. I'm not too interested in you suspecting or just disagreeing with Boro. That's quite off the mark.

But to be honest. It actually is, at least in part, meta-reasoning and I said so earlier talking about an "uncomfortable zone". I'm convinced of her guilt and can't / shouldn't act otherwise. But I'm not going to state anything more on that side of the issue but will continue trying to find any other things there could be (in a few hours as I now have to get off for a while).
Point, point, point against Nogrod. Are you saying all that you have to convince you of Roa's guilt is the fact that she said "three" instead of "four"? Also, saying that you won't state anything more on the metagaming side of the issue is like saying "Roa is evil, but the rules prevent me from telling you why." If you legally can't say anything, you never should have brought it up - all it's been is a big distraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I am now convinced that the secret role is the cobbler, and Nogrod is it. He's clearly hinting at being the seer, which the seer Nogrod wouldn't do, because he knows better than to do something so risky. Further more, he can't be the seer, because he most certainly wouldn't attack me like this if he was. Make no mistake, this is a cobbler planning a false reveal.
Point against Roa. Much as I think she's innocent, this theory is quite a stretch. Firstly, there is no Seer, so telling us what the seer-Nogrod would or wouldn't do is pointless. Secondly, saying that he can't be the Seer because he wouldn't attack you if he was, while probably true from your point of view, is unprovable/has no meaning for the rest of us. Unless you're trying to say that the secret role is in fact a cobbler, Nogrod received it, and is planning to reveal himself as the secret role-Seer (which makes no sense because as soon as you died we'd go after him, thus rather a waste of a secret role), I don't see where you're coming from.

Quote:
Roa and Nogrod could easily both be innocents. If so, they could be stoking the flames in order to gauge our reactions to the fight, or they could just as well be too stubborn for their own good.

Roa, Nogrod is not going after you solely because of that 3 wolf/4 wolf thing. He didn't like your reaction to Boromir's posts and he also is taking what you said personally (you called him unreasonable). He's got the idea in his head, and you're not exactly trying to appease him with gentle words.

Nogrod, if Roa is innocent then she is rightly baffled by your conviction of her guilt - as, I should think, most of us are. It was a very bold thing to say and now the village has to make a decision on it; if you had not mentioned conviction, we could easily have left this to simmer for a few days.

And now, I don't want to concentrate on these two any longer. There could be a villain or two among them but I don't want to make a rash decision in killing off one of the two most vocal players.
There are one or two things I find strange about this post, but I'm finding it very hard to articulate them... for now, calling it a "general area of bad feeling".

So right now, having typed this beast up before Nogrod's latest post (in which he clears up some ambiguities), I would: rather not vote for Nogrod, but will if I see no other option/someone I think to be "more innocent" (that's not the correct term but it's slipped my mind at the moment) is up for execution; not vote for Roa at this time, and; would be willing to vote for Eomer.

X'd with Bes.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #138
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
An hour till DL... I'm off very soon, Lommy wants the internet, and I'm debating with myself whether to vote now or hastily before DL. It would make more sense now, I guess, but then again, I don't like decision-making, but then again, the decision has to be made anyway.

Gah. I'll vote now.

++ Mnemo
I think Greenie may be gone now, but why Mnemo?
I don't care much for the latter's vote for me due to a coin toss, but some reasoning here would be helpful.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #139
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Too many people look innocent to me right now. I don't want to vote Boro, Eomer, Lottie, Roa, Bes, Shasta, Greenie, and trom, and I would like to avoid voting Mnemo, Morsul, Brinn, Pitch, Nienna, and Nerwen.

Sally and Wilwa aren't newbies to me, but apart from those, they are the two who haven't provided much. Don't like voting them for that, of course, but I would rather do that than vote any of the above.

Since they're the only ones left, I'd tentatively consider Inzil (need to read more, so far mostly either agreed with others or defended himself), Nogrod (would deserve a long case, which I can't provide at the moment), Lommy (don't know what to do with her). Not happy with options.

edit: crossed with quite a few.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #140
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
by implying an ordo should see what you see is basically the same as implying that a person who doesn't see what you see is not an ordo. Get the point?
No I do not get it.

Basic logic: from "if A then B"... you can't deduce "if notB then notA".

Well, it seems Shasta has come back with dedication... *goes to read*
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #141
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back. Reading.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #142
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
No I do not get it.

Basic logic: from "if A then B"... you can't deduce "if notB then notA".

Well, it seems Shasta has come back with dedication... *goes to read*
Let me help.

"Any ordo would be able to see what I see. You don't see what I see? Hmm... that must make you... not an ordo."

How about now?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #143
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Clarification - it wasn't the deduction, it was the inference.

Hope that helps. I did some translation work a while back - Nerwen can vouch.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #144
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Mac: 1 (Morsul)

Nogrod: 1 (Roa)

Nerwen: 1 (Brinn)

Inziladun: 1 (Mnemo)

Mnemo: 1 (Green)

Finely balanced.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #145
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Zil - a quiet presence, hanging back and posting only when he's got something to say, which makes him look cautious and on his guard. Suspecting him is almost as easy and popular as Hakon-bashing. Sometimes he deserves it, sometimes not, hard to tell which. So far, however, I've seen nothing that cries wolf, and I don't quite see where Mnemo's vote comes from.
Mac has been playing in a somewhat similar style so far, which makes it hard to pin him down. But I find it noteworthy that he rescinded his early 'declaration of innocence' for me (for which, truth to be told, there was hardly any base at the time but maybe a vague instinct) very shortly after I pointed out his use of double standards.

Now for the Nog-Roa controversy. We've seen it all before, but this time, Nog looks odder of the two. Secret cobbler is a definitive possibility, but no more than that. Let's keep them both for another Day and see whether Nog comes up with something more substantial.

EDIT: x-ed with everyone since Mnemo's #130.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #146
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++MNEMOSYNE

There are a number of shady characters around here, and I don't want to add a new person to the voting list.

Mnemo has been very visible without getting too involved. It seems she's trying to be, what was that word, agreeable? Repeating your opinion that both Nogrod and Roa are probably innocent also makes me a bit uneasy. Look, everyone round here knows that one of them will end up dying sooner or later - and when that hapens you'll be there to say "I told you so!"

It's not a lot but then wolves are rarely obvious on Day One, so I'm gambling. No hard feelings?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #147
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
"Any ordo would be able to see what I see. You don't see what I see? Hmm... that must make you... not an ordo."

How about now?
Nope... Sorry. Even if you call it just an inference.

I never said that any ordo automatically sees it, but anyone could.

'nuff said.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #148
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Mac has been playing in a somewhat similar style so far, which makes it hard to pin him down. But I find it noteworthy that he rescinded his early 'declaration of innocence' for me (for which, truth to be told, there was hardly any base at the time but maybe a vague instinct) very shortly after I pointed out his use of double standards.
Oddly enough, after apparently deciding not to go for me here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Inzil - defense convincing; off hook for now; needs to say more
Mac then flip flops:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Since they're the only ones left, I'd tentatively consider Inzil (need to read more, so far mostly either agreed with others or defended himself), Nogrod (would deserve a long case, which I can't provide at the moment), Lommy (don't know what to do with her). Not happy with options.
And I still think he was entirely too quick to use the Boro controvery-which-shouldn't-have-been as a reason to cast suspicions.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #149
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ah Shasta, ever eager to play Eomer to my Lommy.

Wait, what?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #150
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Just noticed - I was under the impression that Nog had voted Roa already, but according to Eomer's tally he hasn't, and I can't actually find a vote among his posts (would be quite uncharacteristic for him to vote early, anyway). Didn't want to create a false impression.
Has anybody considered Nog has a secret role which is not a cobbler?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #151
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm here and I have read everything and I honestly just don't have anything to say. I seem to be a bit unable to get a grip on the game, undoubtedly partly because I haven't been dedicating it as much time as I could have, due to seeing friends etc.

While I agree that I would totally advocate the Roa-Nogrod-in-cahoots theory as a wolf if they were innocent, I still advocate it also as an innocent with no knowledge on their roles. Because normally if they were like that there would be at least one "oh don't we ever learn, we always do this" comment in the middle of that, but no. This time it seems staged because it's so dramatic. Neither party is questioning their reasoning at all, which is not a sign of innocence.

I'm not sure if I'll vote either of them, though, because funnily enough, that would seem quite drastic to me, especially as if ignoring the details, their petty fight seems so normal and thus not very suspicious at all. Argh. I guess I could vote Mnemo or Nienna, but they haven't really done much to merit my suspicion (but then again it's Day1). Or then I could vote Eomer because he would undoubtedly like that.

edit: xed with the stuff after the vote count
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #152
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Ah Shasta, ever eager to play Eomer to my Lommy.

Wait, what?
What, no interest in a spinoff of "The Shasta/Eomer Show"?

X'd with Lommy.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #153
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Here for a bit and will read through as quickly as I can. *dashes off* Vote count?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #154
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Ok so I'm super sorry I haven't been around till now. I was working. I'll be on till deadline though I don't know how much help I can be. Lommy is feeling the worst to me so far. Her posts haven't been helpful but I know she is coming on the computer so I'll giver her a slight chance. I don't think that Mnemo is looking all that suspicious. Nog and Roa are probably both innocents. I don't know what to do with Mac or Boro but I probably won't be voting for either of them. I also won't be voting Morsul.

Edit: Crossed with a host
Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #155
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Morsul -> Mac
Roa -> Nogrod
Brinn -> Nerwen
Mnemo -> Inzil
Green -> Mnemo
Eomer -> Mnemo(2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
But I find it noteworthy that he rescinded his early 'declaration of innocence' for me (for which, truth to be told, there was hardly any base at the time but maybe a vague instinct) very shortly after I pointed out his use of double standards.
That reminds me that I have to explain why there were no double standards. Inzil's list had nothing in it (Eomer noted the same somewhere). Mine had little more than nothing, but I admitted its little use.
My (non-)suspicion of you had nothing to do with it. You felt innocent at first, then less, now more again.

Inzil, is your only points against me that I jump to conclusions and back too quickly? What else are you supposed to do on Day1? If you voice your opinions with some overblown certainty, at least you'll be sure to get a response that's valuable.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #156
Bes
Animated Skeleton

Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
Eugh. You guys post so very, very quickly. Admittedly there's close to 20 people in the game, so that's to be expected. Anyway!

I don't feel at all confident in my previous statement about Boro at this point; I was sleepy, it was 1AM, and even then it just me going with my gut... and later being sort of irritated at what I perceived as an inflammatory response.

I'm hesitant to peg either Roa or Nogrod, though they both feel suspicious to me, Nogrod more than Roa. He's speaking in a very firm and confident way about an argument that has about an ounce of evidence which is based on something that could just as easily be a coincidence. I don't want to say he's wrong, but I won't vote Roa today based on that either. He'll have to sell it to me more tomorrow.

I'll admit that I haven't considered everything as carefully as I could, but the arguments that make the most sense to me, right now, are Inzil's arguments against Mac. He's the only one so far that I can look back all the way and say that I feel iffy about, aside from the previously mentioned Roa and Nogrod.

++Macalaure
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #157
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Darn, Eomer's vote for Mnemo makes me hesitant to vote her, because that would turn the Mnemo-votes to a bandwagon and I'm not sure if she deserves that.

Also, I don't get why Nogrod seems so desperate. Usually he keeps calm even if the whole village suspects him and now it's only a minority.

Nienna comes back and suspects me. Wonderful. Because that makes me suspect her in return. I feel sort of "justified" in this suspicion though, because others have suspected me slightly too and I don't suspect them, so I'm not suspecting everybody in retaliation ergo my suspicion of Nienna can't be totally retaliatory which'd mean there's something that seems off to me in her behaviour even if I can't analyse it... Makes sense?

edit: xed with a host
Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #158
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I will probably stick with Roa whatever you think... unless there is something I find totally wrong in the voting.

Of others I'd say that Nerwen's fast "backpedalling" (heh, I learned a new word from this) after being suspected, even if quite easily, looks a bit suspicious - not to say what some others have said that she's a bit tense.

I don't find Mnemo that suspicious. Instead she was one of the only reasonable ones at least in the earlier part of the Day - sadly I don't have such a clear view on her from the latter part of the Day.

I agree that Inzil's first list of people looked more of something that was intended to look good rather than being genuinely helpful - and he has been careful indeed. Like Pitchie...

I always suspect Mac - and I actually do now as well. But I would be very hesitant to call anything on that, at least without any further reasons.

I feel, actually think I have a reason to believe, that Boro is innocent.

With Shasta I'm wavering; could go both ways.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #159
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Last minute bandwaggon against me? At least Inzil's vote should be guaranteed...

Joy.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #160
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ewwwwwwww.... the time!