The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril WW LXXV: It's Always Tea Time Here

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin was sitting on the bank of a small brook, on a very hot summer day, feeling as bored as a piece of wood. She had peaked over at the book that her sister was reading but the lack of pictures made her quickly uninterested, since a book is rather useless without illustrations. She was trying to decide whether the fun of making a daisy chain would be worth the effort to move, when the most curious creature hopped by.

Now a white rabbit is surely not an unusual sight to behold, and the girl did not even find it odd that he was dressed rather gentlemanly and was complaining about being late; it was the fact that he pulled out a pocket watch that she found most curious. She quickly decided that she just must follow him, for a talking white rabbit in a waistcoat is not a shocking sight at all, but the presence of the pocket watch was just so highly unusual as to not be ignored.

Alirin got up quickly and ran after the rabbit. She arrived on the other side of the field just fast enough to spot him as he scurried down an abnormally large rabbit hole hidden under a hedge. Her first instinct was, of course, to jump in after it without any regard for her own safety or well being. After crawling through the hole for a time there came a sudden drop and Alirin had no time to turn back for she was suddenly falling down a well.

Now whether it was the fact that the well was very deep or she was falling very slowly is difficult to discern, but either way she had sufficient time to look about at her surroundings as she fell. The walls seemed to be covered with shelves and cupboards and mirrors and pictures. She was able to grab a jar of marmalade on her way past, that sadly turned out empty (though she was concerned that dropping the jar could harm someone below and placed it back on a shelf).

'Well' said Alirin to herself, 'after a fall like this I won't be scared of anything, not even falling down stairs or off the roof! Everyone at home will think me to be so brave!'

She was falling for so long that she grew bored, so she began to contemplate various things, completely unrelated to her seemingly imminent demise, such as how many miles she had fallen (4 thousand miles seemed accurate), whether or not she’d end up in Australia or New Zealand, and if cats ate bats (or bats ate cats).

Finally, just as she was starting to get rather sleepy and bored of talking to herself, she landed on a heap of sticks and dry leaves. Looking around she saw a long passage, and luckily the white rabbit was still in sight. She could hear him saying “oh my ears and whiskers, how late it is getting!”, and quickly chased after it, not having the slightest idea of what she was getting herself into.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(kudos to Sally for the cool character name)

PLEASE NO POSTING ON THIS THREAD.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Rullz

•No double lynchings, in the case of a tie the person who last received that # of votes will be lynched.

• votes should be highlighted please, so like: [ highlight ] ++Wilwa [/ highlight ], just without the spaces. Makes it easier for me to spot them.

•Every player gets 1 retractable vote for the entire game.

•Under no circumstances can you show any proof of your role or any PMs you’ve shared with me or players you’re permitted to talk to. As well, try to avoid speaking to other players outside of the game thread (so PM, IM, MSN, Facebook, ect…), it’s very easy to slip up and reveal info that you shouldn’t reveal, and it also gives you an unfair advantage over other players.

•To dead people: you are dead, no talking on the game thread. As well, do not reveal any information you may know to living players. Dead players should also not speak of the game to each other, since one of you could come back to life (ie. Unicorn).

•Everyone be invisible please. (go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Use Invisible Mode -> Scroll to the bottom and select Save Changes)

•Mod-fire most definitely exists; if you don’t participate/vote for 2 Days straight, you die...you can explain any absences in the admin thread.

•All votes should be on time, either before or on the minute (9:30 pm EST). One minute late is still late, so it doesn’t count.

Rollz

4 Wolves: PM at Night and choose someone to kill, win when their number matches or is greater than the number of innocents.

1 Cursed: if chosen as the Night kill, will become a Wolf. Does not know their role, but the role will be revealed when they die. Seer sees them as an Ord.

1 Seer: chooses 1 person a Night and finds out their role.

1 Hunter: chooses one person to hunt, when they die their choice will die too no matter their role. They can change their pick once every Night and Day.

1 Ranger: can’t protect the same person 2 Nights in a row, and cannot protect themselves.

1 Cobbler: wants the Wolves to win, but is counted as an innocent and seen as innocent by the Seer. Role revealed when they die.

2 Shirriffs: Basically just PM pals (Night and Day), don’t die together or anything, and can’t reveal their roles while both are still alive.

1 Unicorn: when they die I will put the names of all of the dead in a hat, including the Unicorn’s name. If the name I pick out is of an innocent (or Cobbler) they will come back to life, if it’s a Wolf than no one comes back. Everyone comes back as an Ordo (except Cobbler still Cobbler, and Shirriff still Shirriff if their partner is still alive).

+ 7 Ordos: vote to kill Wolves, win when all Wolves are dead.

PLEASE NO POSTING ON THIS THREAD. Roles will be sent out soon.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-06-2010 at 11:43 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril Night 1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Alirin followed the rabbit around a corner she found herself in a long narrow hall, completely alone. All along the hall she saw many doors of different sizes and all painted different colours. One by one she tried each one but it was soon clear that they were all locked.

Feeling quite discouraged she wandered up and down the hall wondering what she could possibly do now, when she spotted something that she had not noticed before. In the middle of the hall was a little glass table that had a small golden key sitting on top of it. She picked it up and began to try it in every door, but it was always too big or too small. Alirin walked back up to try them all again when she noticed a curtain she hadn’t seen before. Pulling it aside it revealed a little, blue door, about 15 inches high. She tried the key and was quite excited to see that it fit, and bending down to look through she could see a beautiful garden on the other side.

Now Alirin was quite happy that she had found a way out of the hall, but was discouraged as well since she could not fit through. Returning to the table she spotted something she had not seen previously (she is not a very observant girl); it was a little bottle with the eloquent label “DRINK ME”. Seeing as how anyone who would have a desire to poison her would clearly have the courtesy to label the bottle with a warning, she decided to take a sip. The liquid was rather pleasing to the taste (a mix of pie, fruit, turkey and toast), so she quickly drank about half.

Within moments Alirin found herself to be 10 inches high and was quite excited that she would now be able to fit through the door. She quickly ran over and tried the handle and was dismayed to realise that she had forgotten the little golden key back on top of the glass table. She tried for a time to climb up the legs but they were too slippery and she was far too small.

After all the effort she sat down and decided to rest for a time, perhaps the door would be open when she awoke, or the rabbit would show up to allow her in. She quickly fell soundly asleep as mischievous things were occurring on the other side of the little blue door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It is now Night 1, Wolves and Shirriffs may start PMing, and the Seer can send me a pick. Please no posting on this thread. Day 1 starts in 24 hours. Everyone should be invisible now.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril Day 1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin woke up and took a look around. She was still in the long hall and she was still 10 inches tall. She walked over to the door and tried the handle again, but it was still locked, so she pressed her ear to it to try and hear if anyone was there. No one was.

Walking back to the table, with the plan of trying to climb up the legs, she noticed a little glass box sitting on a purple plush pillow. ‘Someone must have left it there while I slept’ she supposed as she looked inside. She found a small little cake with the words ‘EAT ME’ written on it with raisins. She took a nibble and waited to see what would happen, figuring that if it made her taller she could reach the key, if it made her smaller she could crawl under the door, either way it would help her achieve her goal.

She sat there with her hand above her head to see which way she would grow, but nothing was happening. Nothing usually happens when you eat cake, but in this case it was a surprise since nothing but unusual things had been happening recently. Alirin decided to eat the rest of the cake. Soon she began to grow so tall that she could barely see her feet. ‘Oh my poor feet’ she said ‘who will put on your shoes now? I shall be a great deal too far off to trouble myself with you. Oh, but I must be kind to them or they may not walk the way I would like. Hmm, perhaps if I send them a new pair of boots every Christmas. Oh, but then I would have to send them by carrier, and how odd the directions would look.’

Alirin’s Right Foot, Esq.
Hearthrug,
Near the Fender,
(With Alirin’s Love).

As she continued to think of such silly things her head suddenly hit the roof, and she realised that she was now over 9 feet tall! She reached down to the table and picked up the key and rushed over to the little blue door. Unfortunately she was now far too large. She sat down, feeling very discouraged and so close to tears. That’s when she noticed the little bottle still sitting on the table, with half of the strange liquid left over!

She quickly drank down the rest, being sure to still have the little key in her hand. When she finally stopped shrinking (at about 12 inches high) she ran over to the little door and finally made it through.

‘Curiouser and curiouser’ was the only thing that could properly describe what she saw.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
No one......yet.

Alive
Glirdan – Mad Hatter
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Boro88 – the Caterpillar
Isabellkya – White Rabbit
Mira – March Hare
Sally – the Dormouse
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Inzil – King of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Morsul – the Mock Turtle
Nienna – White Queen
Fea – Red Queen
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Greenie – White Knight
Brinniel – Tweedledee

It is now Day 1. Posting may start, keeping in mind that this is up about 21 minutes early, so DL is in 24 hours and 21 minutes. Wolves can keep PMing for the next 21 minutes if they really want to. Please remember to highlight your votes. I'll need a name from the Hunter sometime toDay.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooh. We can start? This makes Duchess!Lottie happy, and she will generously give you sillies words of advice:

Analyze thoroughly the evil wolves and lynch them when they parody,
They only do it to annoy because they know it confuses.
Wow! Wow! Wow!
Wow! Wow! Wow!
They only do it to annoy because they know it confuses.

I analyze the evil wolves, I lynch them when they parody
For song parodies always indicate wolvishness.
Wow! Wow! Wow!
Wow! Wow! Wow!
For song parodies always indicate wolvishness.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Tea Time!!

Yay!! It's time to hunt for the Wolvsies and have some tea!! Speaking of tea...Sally would you be so kind as to move your furry little behind into a different pot? That's my homemade blueberry pie with raisins tea you're sleeping in....
Old 04-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What Trouble Are Werewolves?

"I'm gonna tell you a story
That you've probably heard
And at the risk of being redundant
I'm gonna tell you something
That may not thrill you
But it sure could hurt
Well it comes out of the sacred
Writing of Lewis Carroll
It's the story of Werewolves
And how they slew Vanilwa

Well now the wolves of this country
They didn't leave her alone
And so to Wilwa's alarm
They tried to kill her overNight
But Wilwa took off running
The wolves couldn't keep up
So they waited by the river
Where they dug a big old pit
I guess it's safe to say she never
Made it home that Night
Made it home that Night

What trouble are werewolves?
What's wrong with being good?
The bolder they come
You know the harder they fall
When you're fighting with Lottie
And you're on the right side
Well I think you're gonna find
They ain't no trouble at all (Trouble at all)
No trouble at all
No trouble at all
No trouble

Now there must have been some laughter
Among the Werewolves
At the sight of this ragamuffin band
Coming out to lynch the scary-making mutation of a man
Who was a killing machine
But it didn't shake Lottie
'Cause she was silly enough to think
It's more the size of the font you vote in
Than the size of your foe

The bolder they come
They ain't no trouble at all

What's wrong with being silly?
The subtler they come
You know the harder they lynch
When you're fighting for the good guys
And you're on Wilwa's side

The bolder they come

What's wrong with being silly?
The subtler they come
You know the harder they lynch
When you're fighting for the good guys
And you're on Wilwa's side

Trouble at all
No trouble at all
No trouble
(Hey) No trouble
No, No trouble
(Hey)
(Hey)"
Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Hmmmmm. I'm quite intrigued. I'm not really sure what to think yet but Ms. Duchess!Lottie has my mind churning.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*scrambles in and breaks multiple pieces of delicate chinawear in the process* Oh heeeeeey! Not like I just realized Day started or anything crazy like that... Glirdan, may I have some of that blueberry whatever please darling? Looooves.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Yes indeed. The Duchess is one to keep an eye on. I don't trust people who make songs. Not at all. Songs make my forehead ache. Anyone who has time to make songs has time to make mischief. Has anyone seen my Queen? Off playing croquet again I suppose. At this rate we'll be out of hedgehogs by Sunday. We keep losing them.
What were we talking about? Songs? Why do songs make noise anyway? Why can't they be quiet? Can't you have a song without music or singing?
I'm going to find some tarts. Not that I know what's in them.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++LOTTIE
Old 04-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
What a smashing entrance. *approves*
Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
... Fea Fea Fea...
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #14
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
How iiiiinteresting. Iiiiii plan on elongatiiiiing all my "iiiii"s as that fiiiiiits my knaviiiiish character. *snerk*

For the fiiiiirst day, at least.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #15
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Yay!! It's time to hunt for the Wolvsies and have some tea!! Speaking of tea...Sally would you be so kind as to move your furry little behind into a different pot? That's my homemade blueberry pie with raisins tea you're sleeping in....
He's making a joking accusation right there. Do you see it? DO YOU SEE IT?!?! 'Furry little behind' my furry little behind. I've got my beady little eyes on you. Oh, and my furry little behind is quite comfortable where it is, thanks. *settles in, drinks herself silly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
*scrambles in and breaks multiple pieces of delicate chinawear in the process* Oh heeeeeey! Not like I just realized Day started or anything crazy like that... Glirdan, may I have some of that blueberry whatever please darling? Looooves.
Ah, the poor dear. Such a klutz. OI, I'M IN THIS POT! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post

All in all I think we've a nutty bunch here. Oooo, I do love nuts. They're good, and....and good....good....good....

OUCH! WHO PINCHED ME?!?!

EDIT: x'd since Dun. And ow. My bum still hurts.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 04-07-2010 at 09:39 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #16
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
He's making a joking accusation right there. Do you see it? DO YOU SEE IT?!?! 'Furry little behind' my furry little behind. I've got my beady little eyes on you.

Oh, and my furry little behind is quite comfortable where it is, thanks. *settles in, drinks herself silly*

Ah, the poor dear. Such a klutz. OI, I'M IN THIS POT! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

All in all I think we've a nutty bunch here. Oooo, I do love nuts. They're good, and....and good....good....good....

OUCH! WHO PINCHED ME?!?!

EDIT: x'd since Dun. And ow. My bum still hurts.
*ruffles feathers*

As our good Dormouse is clearly suffering from a severe shortage of slumber– whether due to a guilty conscience remains to be seen– and as her fur is no doubt soaked from contact with liquid beverages– I move that we attempt to remedy both situations simultaneously via a recitation of the further adventures of Edwin and Morcar, the Earls of Mercia and Northumbria.

All in favour say "Aye"!

I further move that the matter of Fea, otherwise Her Majesty the Red Queen, be brought into consideration, with especial regard to her motive, or apparent lack thereof, in voting for Lottie, otherwise the Duchess.

Accordingly, I commend the motion to the assembled party.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
OI, I'M IN THIS POT! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!
I asked you to move, can't say I didn't....Sheez....Doormice...always so stubborn...

As for YOU Ms. Mira March Hare, I do believe you owe me an unbirthday present!! Yours is the tea by the way....If Sally ever decides to move that is.....And please be careful of the china!! I had to solve an extremely difficult riddle that Tweedledum set for me, made all the more difficult as Tweedledee was not there to put in his half of the riddle!

Oh, and Mira, I'm not so sure I agree with you that Fea's entrance was "smashing". YOUR entrance was smashing *looks at broken teacups in slight dismay*. Hers was rather...well...very royal like.....All up in everyone's business without saying anything. The polite thing to do would have to AT LEAST have sat down for a cup of my steeped tea (by the by Sally, I used some of your hair for that tea, hope you don't mind....I cut a slight clump off whilst you were sleeping in the pumpkin seed tea pot...).

As for all this Lottie nonsense....Well, I very much like singing. So I don't see anything THAT particular with her currently....but if she so much as touches my top hat.....

Oh, and Shasta Knave, I hear you don't get fed properly over at that castle....Would you like some tea?? Although take it to go, I don't know how well I'll be able to stand your elongations of the I's.....

Toodles for now, I must be off to get some more horse radish for my horse radish and beets tea!

Xed with Nerwen

Last edited by Glirdan; 04-07-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #18
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Tea, gloriiiiiiious tea! I'd love a slice - I mean a bit - I mean a side - I mean a cup! Yes, yes, that's what I mean.

(And the vote of the Red Queen still bothers me.)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #19
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Yes indeed. The Duchess is one to keep an eye on. I don't trust people who make songs. Not at all. Songs make my forehead ache. Anyone who has time to make songs has time to make mischief. Has anyone seen my Queen? Off playing croquet again I suppose. At this rate we'll be out of hedgehogs by Sunday. We keep losing them.
What were we talking about? Songs? Why do songs make noise anyway? Why can't they be quiet? Can't you have a song without music or singing?
I don't sing my songs, if it helps. I sneeze them in direct contradiction of canon, 'cause I'm just awesome like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
As for all this Lottie nonsense....Well, I very much like singing. So I don't see anything THAT particular with her currently....but if she so much as touches my top hat.....
*touches your top hat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I, as well, am rather bothered. You can tell - I'm yawning less frequently.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #20
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ah, so I see it's been mostly banter so far, though it seems we're beginning to head toward a more productive path. It's not that I mind banter (unless it continues for half the Day), but with my limited schedule, I just don't have time to read it. So if anyone plans on placing serious comments within their song parodies, you probably should give a heads up if you want me to see it..

So far we have a Fea making a very Fea-ish vote. Since this kind of behaviour isn't unusual from her, it doesn't concern me terribly....though I do agree with the others that an explanation would be nice.

I don't have much else worthy of saying at the moment, and I really should be going to bed, so that's all for now. I'll make some more brief appearances during the Day and do my best to stay caught up. Until later.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Tweedledum's Vote

Tweedledum dislikes Tweedledee, his name sounds too much like me.
++Tweedledee

Last edited by wintywinty; 04-08-2010 at 12:12 AM.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #22
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*jerks awake*

STOP BLOODY VOTING FOR PEOPLE WITH NO REASON!

Erm....hello. When did you all get here? And would you like some tea? Some....some tea....

*slumbers once more*

ETA: An introduction. *waves* Hello there, winty. I'm Sally. Nice to meet you, blah blah I really shouldn't have edited this in but felt the need to say 'hello' properly so there it is.

ETA #2: Also, winty dear, your vote should technically be placed on a separate line. Just so Wilwa's head doesn't explode.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #23
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Seriousity? I can sort of comply. Sort of.

LIST!!!! Bwahaha.

Fea: clearly evil, as she voted for me, the epitome of wonderfulness.

Sally: clearly evil because she shed fur in Glirdy's tea.

Glirdy: clearly evil because he let Sally shed in his tea.

Zil: clearly evil as he does not have his Queen with him.

Agan: clearly evil as she is not with her King right now.

Shasta: clearly evil as he is dragging out his iiiiiiis.

Brinn: clearly evil as she does not have much time, just like she warned us.

Mira: clearly evil for breaking china.

Nerwen: clearly evil because she made my head hurt with Big Words and 'cause she's horrible when she's evil.

Nienna: clearly evil for...I don't know really, she actually looks evil, just on gut reaction.

Skip and Winty: clearly evil for not having played before.

And then others: clearly evil for not doing anything to make me notice them.

~~~

Alright, defend yourself!

EDIT: xed with Wint and Sally
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #24
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty View Post
Heh. *pets you*

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
*jerks awake*

STOP BLOODY VOTING FOR PEOPLE WITH NO REASON!

Erm....hello. When did you all get here? And would you like some tea? Some....some tea....
*agrees about the voting thing*

*although is seriously contemplating voting Nienna for making so much *sense**.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #25
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Umm, do votes for character names as opposed to player names count?

If that's meant to be a serious vote, then we're going to have a problem here. Because silly random throwaway votes based on banter that are cast within the first hours will get us nowhere. I hate Day Ones, but we can make them productive if we choose for them to be. Behaviour like this will just end up wasting the Day. Fea does not have to be a trendsetter!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #26
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Voting for people with no reason

Well considering how noone has died yet, nobody has a real reason for voting for anyone, therefore voting randomly is just as much a reason as voting for any other reason.

-and Hello to you to Satansaloser2005
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #27
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Fea does not have to be a trendsetter!
Fea does have to be a trendsetter. There is no question about that.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #28
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Well considering how noone has died yet, nobody has a real reason for voting for anyone, therefore voting randomly is just as much a reason as voting for any other reason.

-and Hello to you to Satansaloser2005
...is it just me, or does New Guy Wint remind you of Formy? Just sayin'...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #29
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pops in for few moments...

Hard to make out much at this point, is is not?

Winty could be a Bob Dylan-fan though, whatever that signifies.

Tweedle-dee Dee is a lowdown, sorry old man
Tweedle-dee Dum, he’ll stab you where you stand
“I’ve had too much of your company,”
Says Tweedle-dee Dum to Tweedle-dee Dee

Quote:
++Tweedledee
Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #30
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
*falls from horse*

Did the rules say we have to play mad instead of just having a WW game in a mad setting? Seriously, this is one of the oddest Day 1 beginnings I have ever seen. I dislike the votes so far, though that isn't to say anything on whether they are necessarily signs of wolvery or not.

My contribution toDay will be pretty much horrible - this is the worst possible day for me to be playing Werewolf - but I promise to be much more active in the Days to come! I've got to dash, but I'll return later. Try to be sensible, meanwhile. (It's easy for me to say, of course, given that I won't be around for most of toDay.. )
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 AM   #31
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*glances up*

Who are all you strange people? There's some young woman all in green and a little man skipping over the fence....pence....sense....

(I don't like the voting either. Rubbish, I say, rubbish. I'm very confused.)
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #32
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Lottie
Nerwen: clearly evil because she made my head hurt with Big Words and 'cause she's horrible when she's evil.
I motion that Your Grace take into consideration the fact that my sesquipedalian loquaciousness is exemplary of the practice popularly known as "role-playing" or "IC-posting". As Your Grace is aware, such "role-playing" is customary in one's preliminary post, and may also be continued in posts of a subsequent nature; however, in deference to Your Grace's wishes, I will undertake to suspend it on the present occasion.

(Also, it takes so darned long to say anything this way.)

Quote:
*sigh* Now I suppose we have to decide whether this is innocent or guilty-looking. Would a wolfywolfy's* packmates have shown him the ropes on Night One, and told him not to do this? Or would they have left him in the dark in the hope that he'd look like a confused innocent? Or is he, in fact, innocent? You know, the usual.

Anyway, Mr Tweedledum, let me tell you that voting completely randomly is not well thought of, even on Day One.

*Sorry, but that name's just asking for the "Nerwen Treatment".

EDIT:X'd with Greenie and Sally.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #33
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

Ms. GreenWhite Knight you can't help this being the oddest Day, we're all odd here... and you're too, or you wouldn't have come here. And what's this thing being all green and white at the same time anyway, if not odd?

And Mr. HumptySkipDumpty, it may be hard to make out much at this point, but the point is in the direction you wish to make it, isn't it not?

We'll get somewhere, we're sure to do that, whoever we lynch toDay. And after lynching long enough... the time will tell who wished for which direction, does it not?

One more thing. I'm relatively uneasy with LottieDuchesses' poetry - like it seems our FeaQueen is, whatever her alignment is or whether I approve of her methods of showing that. For the Duchess surely goes into that infamous mode of "no bad person, even insane one, would do that kind of a thing" - like screaming "Go wolves!" on D1...

You'll see me at the croquet match later.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 AM   #34
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hjckrrh!

(and that's as much IC as I will go toDay, I'm sorry )

So, what do we got?

Greenie's entrance post pretty much summed up my thoughts ("Did the rules say we have to play mad instead of just having a WW game in a mad setting?") but she didn't even try to do anything useful with the little time she had.

The others? Uhh...

Fea and ww (wouldn't that be a good nickname? ) made weird votes. I bet I know why Fea made her vote like that but I it's more fruitful to let you speculate than tell the right answer right now. Winty's vote is weirder, but we shouldn't judge a newcomer so harshly. Maybe s/he is not very acquainted with our way of playing this game - voting late in the Day and having serious discussion before it, not voting randomly in the beginning of the Day. Besides, Fea was showing bad example.

Lottie and Glirdan are a bit too excited about IC posting, but I don't think it makes them necessarily guilty.

Nienna's jumping on Lottie seems more sinister though, it seems ill-reasoned and opportunistic. Zil is the same, unless he's sarcastic...? Lottie herself doesn't take Fea's vote too seriously which speaks to me in her favour (unless Lottie and Fea are wolves together).

Nerwen and Shasta seem ok, and I have no read on Mira or Sally yet (too much banter) nor on Skip or Brinn (too little material).

Looking forward to more discussion...

edit: xed with scary grinning Nogrod
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #35
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White-Hand

'Twas brilig, and the votling wustle
did mulsomingly pestiply,
not only fungoltch lamless parsle
but unpremining detrimy.

Beware the Jabberwock, my foes,
or friends who speak of "Day 1 noes"
when uffish Nogrod Borogrows
...all of you could be voted out.

In other words, I know certain members of the royal birth among us feel their right to checkmate from the start, I also know some of the newcomers to this party might be under the false impression that Day 1s are nothing to go with, but enough is enough and we should quickly stop it.

Just for the record of those who do not know, there is *plentiful* to go on with even on Day 1 - if you save your vote for later in the Day, that is, as by that time you can gather enoug hinformation, at least to help you decide whom you nightlike and whom you dislynch.

Because it is also easy for the Wolves to hide among random votes, if everybody made them, and also, I wonder as to whether a Cobbler would not give her or his presence away by making some stupid move... like voting randomly. Or something. Ahem.

EDIT: crossposted with the predicted Nogromiening pair.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #36
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Okay, as a fellow newbie I'm thinking aloud here. There are 5 baddies (4 wolfs and a cobbler) and 15 innocents, right?

So, for an innocent, what are the chances of a completely random vote striking home? 5/19 or 26 % And the odds for collateral damage, as the US army so evasively expresses it, are subsequently 74 %. Unplayable odds, those. Of course, there's a good chance that any vote at this stage may prove meaningless but nevertheless:

A seemingly random vote makes much more immediate sense for a wolf, does it not? An innocent person getting lynched is no problem for a wolf, and a wolf may even vote for a fellow wolf to avoid suspicions later on. Chances are that the wolf-mate won't get lynched anyhow.

Last edited by skip spence; 04-08-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Initially messed up the probablility
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #37
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
YYYYEEEHAAAA!

Because I don't know pretty much anything about the books, I'm going to be sensible/boring (depends on your point of view) and not even try to post in character (except for the next few sentences).

Okay things in the order in which they occurred to me.

I am your Queen and it's my business to order executions. You are not allowed to hurt me.
In other words, I am going to be mad if somebody kills me during the first few days/nights because I haven't played in a year and it's going to be long till I have time to play again. But this is just my personal opinion.

Just thought to tell you that I spent the Night walking around Helsinki dressed as a wolf because a friend wanted me to play one for her Little Red Riding Hood art project.

I always wonder why, if the mod starts a day early, they allow the wolves to PM at the same time that the village can talk. I would so want to seize the opportunity to do something silly with my fellows if I was in that situation.

Hahaha Fea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Hey Shasta why does Fea's vote bother you? And why do you say 'still' when that's the first time you say it?

Brinn seems to be her normal self (ie she slightly rubs me the wrong way). But yeah she speaks sense, unlike most of the others.

By the way winty, we shouldn't edit our posts except to mark cross-posting. And it's true there are no reasons for votes yet, but that's why we're talking. Sooner or later somebody says or does something suspicious. Of course it helps if we have some corpses whose relations to living players we can observe, but first we need to get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Agan: clearly evil as she is not with her King right now.
No it doesn't make me evil, it only makes me unfaithful.

Yippee Greenie's tone strikes me as overly self-conscious! Nothing has indeed changed during my absence! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
*sigh* Now I suppose we have to decide whether this is innocent or guilty-looking. Would a wolfywolfy's* packmates have shown him the ropes on Night One, and told him not to do this? Or would they have left him in the dark in the hope that he'd look like a confused innocent? Or is he, in fact, innocent? You know, the usual.
Usually when a newbie wolf enters the pack the older team members tell them to look just as new and ignorant and confused as they normally would and not to give away the slightest hint that they have received nightly counsel. And you have been a wolf enough times to know this is true. Or are you speculating about what you did last night?
What exactly made you draw attention to winty after two posts? It looks like a Nerwolf looking for an easy lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Because it is also easy for the Wolves to hide among random votes, if everybody made them, and also, I wonder as to whether a Cobbler would not give her or his presence away by making some stupid move... like voting randomly. Or something. Ahem.
Ahem what? Are you perchance giving advice to somebody?

The seer should keep in mind that they can't trust their dreams 100% because the cobbler appears as innocent. Last time I played in a game where the seer couldn't discern the cobbler's true identity, we wolves totally used it to our advantage and left him alive although he was supposedly a known innocent, and in the end we won because we could control his vote... Ah fond memories! But yeah that's why I think the cobbler should be killed as soon as possible (ie if the seer says 'X is an ordo' but we think 'X is damn suspicious' => lynch X), I've played in too many a game (three readily spring to mind) where people have said, 'Let's go for the most wolfish-looking person, we can deal with the cobbler later.' Well, when there are fewer and fewer people left, nobody wants to 'waste' a lynch on the cobbler and ta-da, soon the cobbler plays a crucial role in the evil victory.
Also, if the Cursed is turned (and the risk exists until they die and we see they were the Cursed), it practically destroys the seer's known innocent list.
I am saying this now as I've said this before, because it's better if the seer isn't sure than if the seer is too sure and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy
A seemingly random vote makes much more immediate sense for a wolf, does it not? An innocent person getting lynched is no problem for a wolf, and a wolf may even vote for a fellow wolf to avoid suspicions later on. Chances are that the wolf-mate won't get lynched anyhow.
In a way yeah, but because people don't like random votes, it's likely they'd demand the said random-voters head on a platter for it.
Basically a wolf can vote in any way whatsoever, and playing a major role in the lynching of a wolf doesn't redeem anybody because wolves might as well sacrifice one for the pack to make the rest look good.

Okay I'm going to be here for, hmm, half an hour before I have to go.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #38
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sumpling up to now.

'Twas brilig, and the Glirding Mirhares
have unstarted with nopoeham,
and Inzy were their simifroshares
no clue of either one of them.

Nienna didn't say much either, but at least seemed to be "concerned". Maybe. The same could be said of Shasta. Let me also note that sally looks all of a sudden far more reasonably behaving than usually in this company... (no offense)

wintywinty... well. I have said it basically above. As a newbie in any case, gets my benefit of doubt toDay, not going to lynch a newbie on Day 1... otherwise looking for more to know about him (her?)

I have no idea about what Fea wanted to accomplish, if it wasn't supposed to be in-character, so I just expect that when she shows up, she will give some explanation, if there is any.

'Twas Brinig... I wonder, not anything suspicious this far, her reaction to the votes (esp. the second one) maybe a bit too "reserved", but okay.

I am slightly at Lossloss, however I hope that as the posting continues, there will be higher frequasonable posts from her, which will help me to make a crilighter idmaginature of her.

Nerwenising Dodo, more or less Nerweanosable, which includes both typical Nerwenish behavior and being reasonable and being slightly nosy

Whittlegright, not suspicious now, yet she might easily be rading (yes, I mean as in "rade under the slipper" );

Juckprising Nogrin did catter much more and was much less - to my gasperate scaspation - Fearied about the winting votes;

thineasy fealing, seems to or wants to seem to know something more about Fea's vote than other people do (or at least more than I do) and even finds Lottie innocent on the basis of that, I would be much interested to know what it is, then. I can think of only one theory right now and if that's what she thinks, it's utter rubbish. Also the *jump* on Greenie felt sort of weird and, how would I say that, unnecessary. In any case, unexpected.

spencible, although a newbie Wolf who had just been instructed at Night might just as well have said the same.

So that's it in shrot.

EDIT: Aganixed.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #39
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
thineasy fealing, seems to or wants to seem to know something more about Fea's vote than other people do (or at least more than I do)
Anyone who has played with her before in games which have a certain rule (which this game has) should be able to read her behaviour as well as I do. Provided that I'm correct, of course...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #40
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.

Either way I find the votes meaningless and suspect.

Other than that have 3 minutes till I leave for work won't get much done today I'll be on for an hour later at which point I'll have to vote.