The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #121
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Let's all use our retractable votes so if a wold happens to trick us we're done. With my track record I'm saving mine
Whoops. On first glance this looked like Morsul was advocating getting rid of our retractions. Didn't catch the sarcasm, my bad.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #122
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Whoops. On first glance this looked like Morsul was advocating getting rid of our retractions. Didn't catch the sarcasm, my bad.
Lol. You're great. I'm not entirely sure he's joking though, or at least that he's being completely innocent in said joke. But again, paranoid.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #123
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree that this Lottie bandwagon doesn't look great. I'm still a bit confused as to why she looks so suspicious. From what I'm getting, it's because of her silly behaviour*, which tends to be a popular reason for a Day One vote, though more often than not that person turns out innocent. I can't really say yet if anyone who's part of the bandwagon is necessarily suspicious. There could be a wolf among them (4 voters now, right?), but there's also a good chance that all of them are just lazy and taking the easy route in terms of voting.

I'd like to avoid this bandwagon, but let's all be careful about creating a second bandwagon too. Often a second bandwagon formed due to the disliking of the first can end up being just as disastrous, if not more when it's done last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
A retraction is a good idea when you are not sure you can be back before the DL and need to vote just to be sure you vote - and then you suddenly are able to come back and major things have happened meanwhile.
That's exactly why I'd rather like to keep my retraction. With my limited time schedule, there's a good chance something like this could happen, so I'd rather not waste it. Yes, retractions can be helpful to the wolves, but they can also be helpful to innocents.

*Correct me if I'm wrong. I admit I'm not reading posts thoroughly because I'm multi-tasking with schoolwork, so I could easily be missing something here.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #124
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
A Mad Mess

First off, hello wintywinty and welcome!! Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedledum
Well considering how noone has died yet, nobody has a real reason for voting for anyone, therefore voting randomly is just as much a reason as voting for any other reason.
Oh my...he really does seem to be a plain old innocent for this comment....yet Nerwen brings up an excellent point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo
*sigh* Now I suppose we have to decide whether this is innocent or guilty-looking. Would a wolfywolfy's* packmates have shown him the ropes on Night One, and told him not to do this? Or would they have left him in the dark in the hope that he'd look like a confused innocent? Or is he, in fact, innocent? You know, the usual.
He very well could be simply a confused innocent or a really smart wolfywolfy....Currently I'm inclined to believe the first.

And Nerwen's sigh threw me off there too...A sigh of exasperation. Perhaps either because she is exasperated with the newbie thing or perhaps a sigh of exasperation of her fellow packmate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Lottie and Glirdan are a bit too excited about IC posting, but I don't think it makes them necessarily guilty.
You would be too if you were as crazy about tea as I am!! Oh, and happy unbirthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.

Either way I find the votes meaningless and suspect.
Nothing about Day 1 is meaningless. What happens on Day 1 is our foundation for what is to happen in the later Days. Yes, most of the posting at the start is purely IC, random and sometimes completely pointless, but not always. There was a game not too long ago that I played where I got Hunter-Killed by a certain someone on Day 1 *coughMORSULcough* and most of that Day's discussion was purely speculation on some of the rules and thus led to the votes that were placed. (Or maybe I'm mixing that up with the game BEFORE it was restarted )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Gut feeling: Wolfie. LET'S HUNT WOLVES!! W00T! <= wolfly behavior. No other reasons as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Now this is mostly banter with Mira, which raises the possibility of a Glirdy-Mira wolf partners...I doubt it, though. I think, if Glirdy's wolfly, then Mira's probably innocent...which, coincidentally, lines up with my impressions of her, as well. Also the Lottie song parody/Shasta tea thing seems to be sort of a "haha, don't vote me, I'm nice" buttering up sort of thing...although it might also be banter. Either way, not a particularly favorable impression - I dislike buttering up; I actually suspect suspicion of me far less than trust of me. I'm weird that way, I know.
Come on now chica (sorry...just finished performing West Side Story last weekend, Puerto Rican accent still in head), you've played with me before, have you not? It was all IC posting at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Glirdy. Content? Where's the actual content?
Sorry, would have posted more if it weren't for the fact that, as I have mentioned in the Admin thread, a good portion of the Day happens to occur during my sleeping hours and then six hours of schooling (with rehearsals every once in awhile afterwards) so I could not get much in other then IC stuff. By the way, it is a pleasure to play with you for the first time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Glirdy - lots of banter, little substance = typical early Day1 Glirdy but slightly annoying.
Love you too.

As for all of this retracting of the votes this early, I see the points raised on why it we should do it. However, personally, knowing my track record, I'm going to hold onto mine for a Day or two more.

As it stands I am still at a loss of who to suspect and who not to...Lottie kinda stands out for me right now, but that might just be because she thinks I'm a Wolf.

I'm giving Agan a vote pass seeing as it has been a year since she's last played. I'm also giving a vote pass to skip and ww as the newbies to the game....Which leave everyone else.....

Okay, I'm going to go do a little more scrutinizing after I've found something to eat....
Old 04-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #125
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Vote Tally

Quickly doing this for everyone:

Fea -------> Lottie
winty -------> Brinn (please correct me if I'm wrong on this....)
Lommy ---> Lottie(2)
Boro ------> Glirdan
Greenie --> Lottie(3)
Morsul ----> winty
Agan ------> Mira
Legate ----> Lottie(4)
Skip -------> Fea

Okay, will be back shortly
Old 04-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #126
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The bandwagoners on the Red Queen's vote are all from Europe? Curiouser and curiouser!

(I don't think it's game-related, but it's an amusing coincidence nonetheless.)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #127
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Europeans are clearly all evil and must be lynched.

(Really, this is true regardless of their role in the game. )
Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

Getting too late... so just in brief.

Glirdan – Mad Hatter
Seems more suspicious than not but then again that's a way-long tradition with me. I just don't get his way of playing with nothing said. Annoying.

Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Newbie-pass, but should really pull himself together on D2.

Boro88 – the Caterpillar
I will not vote him without a good reason on D1 but I am a little concerned about his "minimum-effort fly-through".

Isabellkya – White Rabbit
Her first post was like a breeze of fresh air. The only one I'm more or less confident in trusting. Stress on the words "more or less".

Mira – March Hare
I'm not sure if making her a primary suspect was a bit far-fetched but it was not from thin air either. Hard to say. Could be the sneaky wolf trying to fly under everyone's radar, but voting her would be quite a shot in the dark anyway.

Sally – the Dormouse
I never get her. First I thought she was more careful than normally (I think someone mentioned that early on the Day and that made me look at her that way) but now I'm more or less without an opinion. She's one of the "followers" though: retrackies & the newest "against Lottie band-wagon"...

An intermediate thought: heh, lots of people suspected Lottie but the table seems to have turned and now the "following" is taking the opposite opinion - although interestingly enough some still went with her; so is it brave and sincere or brave and cunning? Seeing the tide turning one must say that deciding to vote for her (Greenie, Legate, at least) were quite daring - looking at the change of the general mood.

Agan – Queen of Hearts
I see she is enjoying her first game in a year and would feel bad urging to lynch her - but she's no cutie when a wolf, even if she knows how to appear as one. There are things that bother me but not enough to really suspect her at this point.

Inzil – King of Hearts
His explanations on the issue I rose, well the way he made them, look somewhat more innocent than not. Then again his need to use most of his time defending and thus talking very little of other things beside that defence makes me a bit worried still.

Shasta – Knave of Hearts
When do I ever learn to read him? But his jump on Morsul looks a bit bad indeed.

Lottie – Duchess
I still think she is suspicious but looking at how many others think the same makes me wonder whether it would be that easy.

Nerwen – the Dodo
Mainly speaks sense and thus is dangerous unless one has reason not to suspect her. The tiny row with Agan was just creepy - like someone said (Legate?): let's pray it was not a wolf-on-wolf.

Legate – Jabberwocky
Mainly speaks sense and thus is dangerous unless one has reason not to suspect him.

Morsul – the Mock Turtle
He looks so darn suspicious but then again he looks so much like the normal Morsul. I'd say voting him is more like trying to find an easy target on D1.

Nienna – White Queen
No idea.

Fea – Red Queen
Because of her actions I had to check the rules on whether the cursed knows about her/his status. Well the cursed does not know it so there goes the theory. I find it interesting she picked Lottie (which was that early exactly my spotting as well - many things have changed after that though), but also this one made me worried: "But We're so stylish!" (post #47) So if not the cursed then maybe the cobbler sending hints? Or then just toying around and having fun?

Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Not only a "newbie-card" for D1 but also I think he has been making a lot of sense.

Lommy – the Gryphon
Oh my. Why can't I bee the seer again and just check her?

Greenie – White Knight
I didn't like her vote and the grounds for it - but then as RL information I must say that she really has had quite a day of her life (her music diploma performance) and I could understand she was not into concentrating to this like 100%...

Brinniel – Tweedledee
Reasonable and scary. As always.

Looks like a headache before going to sleep...

(~~~) *grin emerging*

(~~~) *grin re-emerging*

EDIT: X'd with a few...

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #129
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Ah, there's the Nogrod we know and love, misinterpreting mistakes again.

In any case, the deadline seems to be 8:30 my time, so I'll need to vote within the next few minutes. I need to re-read a bit.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #130
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'm here but with absolutely no idea who to vote for.

I won't be voting for:
Lottie - suspicious bandwagon
WinWin - Newbie
Skip - can have a newbie pass too
Agan - hasn't played in foreverz
Boro, Nog, Nerwen, Greenie, Izzy - seem quite reasonable at the moment
Sally - I can usually read her pretty well and I'm not getting alarm bells yet... but we shall see
Mira - she seems very innocent-Mira at the moment
Fea - is being Fea and I know she's busy
Morsul - is being Morsul

Which leaves:
Lommy - I suspect her because she suspects me... this seems like something that always happens when we play together
Glirdy - no read as of yet
Zil - no read
Shasta - no real read but no good feelings either
Legate - jumped on the Lottie bandwaggon
Brinn - hmmm she seems like she is forcing normalcy... but I can't really tell
Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #131
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++Greenie

I don't like bandwagons, I don't like lynching Lottie first constantly, I don't see what's so suspicious about her, and I especially don't like votes made apologetically.

Knave out!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #132
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I greatly love all those who have made vote tallies. You are the bestest.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #133
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm quite concerned with Legate's vote. I suspected Lottie before I even registered that people had been poking at her a lot, and he just seems to want to come along for the ride. It's very disconcerting.

Also, my mother called, so now I didn't get to do anything. Rubbish.

I have to vote in like ten minutes too.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
++Greenie

I don't like bandwagons, I don't like lynching Lottie first constantly, I don't see what's so suspicious about her, and I especially don't like votes made apologetically.

Knave out!
Now that was unexpected....
Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #135
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I for one, will not be throwing away my retraction. As I can imagine I'm in the same boat as perhaps Morsul, if I am understanding him correctly.

There have been a few times where I've debated over my vote, then when I posted it. I ended up cross-posting with others whom decided to vote for the same person. Then I got a feeling of wolves jumping ont he wagon, and wanted to retract it. The most recent time I can think of.. was I believe Nerwen wolf.. and Loslote was the lynchee.

I dislike Legate's vote for Loslote. He mentioned how he was uneasy with how the wagon and votes against her formed.. yet stated she was still his primary suspect. I would think the unease would have more of an effect on your voting choice.. it doesn't seem like it mattered. Perhaps you said it, just to say it.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #136
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Grar. I want Lottie to live to see another Day, if only one.

++Legate

For being too excited to lynch Lottie.

Also....for Wilwa....

They're painting their voteses red
etc.

(I'll do a whole parody if I survive the Night, I swear.)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #137
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

Time for the cat to lay on top of the oven for the night...

No clear choices but some ideas to be sure.

Now I still don't like the fact that Fea spotted Lottie that early - and did what she did. I thought there was something fishy in Lottie's first poems but I couldn't say what. Then Fea goes to just vote her, like if she saw the same?

And then there was this "But We're so stylish!" -response to Brinn's post about Fea not needing to be the trendsetter. (Okay, playing the Queen addressing herself in plural, sure, but too good a chance to be missed?)

Actually Lottie answered that Brinn's initial comment with: "Fea does have to be a trendsetter. There is no question about that."

Okay RL-mates bantering, possibly... but to me this looks more sinister. I mean the banter comes only afterwards and that is always a bad sign. Also, it looks like trying to reach a hand to the other side, so a cobbler and a wolf probing each other?

This is the best I can do now.

The question becomes whom to vote...

I just dislike this Lottie-wagon (too much opportunism involved).

I dislike Lottie being lynched on D1 like a rule.

I think Fea was the initiator. We might be wrong with them but I think we have a better case with Fea. Well I suspect her more.

Which doesn't mean I think Lottie is innocent.

Or to have an idea who is a wolf and who's a cobbler. It could go both ways.

So let's make it:

++ Fea

How people will react to this setting of two votes to four might also tell us a thing or two tomorrow...

(~~~) *grin vanishing*

(~~~) *grin re-emerging*

EDIT: X'd with Sally...

(~~~) *grin vanishing for good*

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-08-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: corrected the "we might be wrong..." sentence to make sense.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #138
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

Also....for Wilwa....

etc.

You best, I love that song.

*snuggles her Wonderlanders*
Old 04-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #139
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
Why is Mira the most suspicious to you, my dear? Possibly you said so already and I just missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Mostly because of this comment though:

Basically, "It's suspicious because it could go either way."
Hmm. Makes sense, I guess. I might go for Mira in lieu of the Lottie-wagon.

Quote:
However it's always best for the seer to not reveal during the last-minute voting frenzy.
But you never know when a Seer or other Gifted might be backed in a corner, thinking they're going to be lynched. Then, a reveal is their only chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I agree that this Lottie bandwagon doesn't look great. I'm still a bit confused as to why she looks so suspicious. From what I'm getting, it's because of her silly behaviour*, which tends to be a popular reason for a Day One vote, though more often than not that person turns out innocent. I can't really say yet if anyone who's part of the bandwagon is necessarily suspicious. There could be a wolf among them (4 voters now, right?), but there's also a good chance that all of them are just lazy and taking the easy route in terms of voting.
True, and Lottie could well be a wolf. This train just looks evil to me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I'd like to avoid this bandwagon, but let's all be careful about creating a second bandwagon too. Often a second bandwagon formed due to the disliking of the first can end up being just as disastrous, if not more when it's done last minute.
Also a good point. Trouble is, I'm not sure who else to go for.

x/d with Wilwa and Nog
Old 04-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #140
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Okay I'll go to sleep now, night babies.
Baybees? What exacitically do u mean? Early to bed early to rise to eat your baybees?

*clears throat* But in serious voice now, what exacitically is the deal with all these gushy terms? Babies and sweethearts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
Okay, I'm not accusing you of anything, sweetheart, but a retractable vote is useful for anyone, is it not?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #141
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Time to vote.

I'm tempted to go for Nog, since I still do not see the point of his 'case' against me. Then again, it would probably be a throwaway.

Let's see...

ww: newbie pass.

Mira: Hmm..I don't have anything on her beyond what Agan said.

Fea; I wasn't fond of her vote, but that seems rather reckless for a Feawolf, as it drew a lot of attention to her. That's not generally a desirable thing for a wolf.

It's the people who have jumped on the Lottie-train that are more worrying.
Nog said Greenie has RL reasons for maybe giving a dodgy vote.

Which leaves Lommy and Legate. But I don't really want to vote for either of them right now, because they've mostly been making sense otherwise.

In that case:

++Mira
Old 04-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #142
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, so I am back and with a slightly clearer (albeit, it's still a little hazed, not gonna lie) view on things.

Nogrod – Cheshire Cat

For some reason I never suspect this guy....Maybe it's just because he always comes across as the level-headed one among us (which is saying something this time around ) or maybe it's just a charm he has....Although his vote for Fea has me a little worried. Voting for her simply for initiating the voting for Lottie? What reason is that? The bandwagon for Lottie (at least the voting anyway) did not start until well AFTER she had voted.....Hmmm....

Wintywinty – Tweedledum

Newbie pass

Boro88 – the Caterpillar

No read on him as of yet....Want to vote him but that would just be a retaliation vote

Isabellkya – White Rabbit

Has been rather quiet this time around. Maybe there is something RL that is preventing her from being here, or maybe it is a Wolvish tactic to try and sneak by?

Mira – March Hare

I have no read of my fellow tea patron

Sally – the Dormouse

Seems to be, well, Sally: Confusing and unreadable (and thank you for getting out of the tea pot!) yet I see nothing that indicates Wolvish behavior....yet.

Agan – Queen of Hearts

Giving a pass to her as she hasn't played in a year and I don't want to see her go just yet and has also been making some wonderful contributions to the game.

Inzil – King of Hearts

No read on His Grace

Shasta – Knave of Hearts

His vote for Greenie came out of nowhere and looks to me as if it is a Wolf trying to perhaps save one of his own from being lynched. Yet would a Wolf be so bold?

Lottie – Duchess

I don't know what to make of her....However, last time I played with her, we both were innocent and she got lynched Day 1....after having pinned all three Wolves on Day 1 (The sad thing is it happened to me on Day 2 )

Nerwen – the Dodo

Seemed a little too overprotective of winty initially, but that could easily have been her being exasperated with the newbie.

Legate – Jabberwocky

Has definitely been one of the few people talking sense all Day. Yet his vote for Lottie has me a little perplexed. He stated that he did not like all the bandwagon votes and suspicions for her yet he himself later voted her? True he had stated suspicions of her for awhile, but his vote almost seems as if he's making it to ensure her being lynched....Hmmmm....

Morsul – the Mock Turtle

Has seemed very Morsul like....which bugs me....Yet last time I voted him, he ended up being the Hunter and he Hunter killed me....So I think I'm going to leave him be for the time being.

Nienna – White Queen

Seems to be flying under the radar....perhaps a little too much, at least for my liking. Wolvish tactic to stay clear perhaps?

Fea – Red Queen

Her vote for Lottie is the only thing that holds any suspicion for me, yet it could very well be a Cobbler tactic....However, as pointed out earlier, the Cobbler can prove to be our downfall later in the game. Or maybe the vote was simply to be rid of her retractable vote?

Skip – Humpty Dumpty

Also getting a Newbie pass

Lommy – the Gryphon

I have no read on her.

Greenie – White Knight

Her vote for Lottie seems kind of like a bandwagon vote to me.

Brinniel – Tweedledee

Her posts all well thought out and full of substance

Okay, will make a list, will post it in a few and perhaps with my vote as well.

EDIT: Xed with Zil, Boro, Moddess and who knows who else....

Last edited by Glirdan; 04-08-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #143
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

But First...

A Vote Update!

Fea -------> Lottie
winty -------> Brinn
Lommy ---> Lottie(2)
Boro ------> Glirdan
Greenie --> Lottie(3)
Morsul ----> winty
Agan ------> Mira
Legate ----> Lottie(4)
Skip -------> Fea
Shasta ----> Greenie
Sally -------> Legate
Nogrod ---> Fea(2)
Zil ----------> Mira(2)
Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #144
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zil I really don't like your vote. You are voting based on someone else's very weak suspicions. I'm not saying that Mira can't be guilty or even that she shouldn't be voted for but in the same post you write how you don't have anything against her except what Agan said and then you vote for her. I just don't like it.

Edit: x-ed with 2 Glirdys
Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #145
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Fea; I wasn't fond of her vote, but that seems rather reckless for a Feawolf, as it drew a lot of attention to her. That's not generally a desirable thing for a wolf.
Well, Fea likes the attention no matter her role, which is the biggest question, because it serves no indication of her role. Ya, Ni is correct, she's being very "Fea" but that' doesn't mean much at this point, or it could mean anything.

It gives the "I don't care" persona, but that's quite far from the truth when it comes to Fea. She does, make no mistake. I wouldn't read too much into the Day 1 vote, there's no doubt a reason...could be as simple as being busy, and wanting to vote, or thinking that Day 1 really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

The good news is there's a ying and a yang. She loves the attention, and is certainly great at attracting it. Why she is? Who knows? However, carefully watch her for a few days and you can catch her if the motives are sinister. Just hope it's not too late, like when she was a recent lover and flat out owned the village and wolves' with Sauce.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #146
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Zil I really don't like your vote. You are voting based on someone else's very weak suspicions. I'm not saying that Mira can't be guilty or even that she shouldn't be voted for but in the same post you write how you don't have anything against her except what Agan said and then you vote for her. I just don't like it.
Fair enough. I was actually thinking DL was now, for some reason, so I was rather rushed. Basically, I didn't (and don't) have much against her, but as I said, the other options didn't seem especially bright either.

x/d with Boro
Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #147
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Do you want Loslote to remain around, because you think her more innocent than suspicious, Sally? Or... you'd prefer an innocent to go before your wolfmate?

That wink for your reasoning is ooooooooodd.

What do you mean by spotted, Nog?

Inziladun I find is being more agreeable that previously.

I would not necessarily say that Fea's vote drew a lot of attention and thus was reckless for a wolf. Sure, people discussed it.. but so far two people have voted for her? One which may or may not even count as it was not highlighted.

Why Mira? You said the Loslote voters were more worrying, so how does Mira out worry them?

Glirdan - I always fall under 'submarine'. I might as well get it tattooed on my forehead. xD
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #148
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...I see there's some Legate suspicion happening, and I'm not sure I like it. On one hand, his vote does look pretty bad and bandwaggonish. But then again, a move like that just seems too obvious to be coming from a wolfish Legate. From what I recall, he's much subtler than that when he's a wolf. I suppose it's always possible a wolfish Legate could be just changing up his style, but I'm not going to hold any suspicion on him based solely on that vote.

Anyway, it is time to vote:

++Fea

It's not unusual for her to vote out of thin air and disappear, and it doesn't say anything about her role. But for once, I'd like her to actually explain her vote. Voting that early without an explanation is a dangerous thing, and it can start bandwagons as we are already seeing. While it's certainly possible it's just an innocent Fea having fun, I could also very well see an evil Fea pulling it off thinking she can get away with such a vote with little scrutiny...she has before. And not only has she not explained her vote, but she has not made any sort of contribution. Only two posts, a vote and banter. Perhaps she is busy, but so am I. If you're going to make a vote, then explain it. Whether the reasoning is good or poor, there should always be at least some explanation. It doesn't take long to write a sentence or two.

EDIT: X-ed with Izzy
Old 04-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #149
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
(I don't think it's game-related, but it's an amusing coincidence nonetheless.)
Coincidence? Yes. Amusing? Not so much, no.

*flails and makes a little list*

Evil:
Greenie
Agan
Sally
Glirdy

Sally and Glirdy are wolves; either Greenie or Agan's a wolf and the other's the cobbler.

I trust:
Boro
Zil
Mira
Nog

The rest of you could easily be the last evil dude.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #150
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Grar. I want Lottie to live to see another Day, if only one.

[*highlight]++Legate[/highlight*]

For being too excited to lynch Lottie.

Also....for Wilwa....

etc.

If you want me to live to see another Day, try not wasting your vote on someone who is not at all likely to die.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #151
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Listy Listy List

Not Voting
Winty
Skip
Agan
Brinn
Morsul

Probably Won't Vote
Sally
Nerwen
Boro
Izzy
Mira
Inzil
Nienna
Lommy

Could Vote For
Fea
Lottie
Nogrod
Legate
Greenie
Shasta

By the by, this is not necessarily in order (as in the could vote for, just because Fea is at the top does not mean she's my top suspect)

EDIT: Xed wiht Lottie, Brinn and Izzy
Old 04-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #152
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Coincidence? Yes. Amusing? Not so much, no.

*flails and makes a little list*

Evil:
Greenie
Agan
Sally
Glirdy

Sally and Glirdy are wolves; either Greenie or Agan's a wolf and the other's the cobbler.

I trust:
Boro
Zil
Mira
Nog

You, my dear, are insane.

But aren't we all!

(Which is to say that the meeting I was at got over superquick and I'm back.)
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #153
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
You, my dear, are insane.

But aren't we all!

(Which is to say that the meeting I was at got over superquick and I'm back.)
So you're saying you aren't evil? Not that I believe you, of course.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #154
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I trust:
Boro
Zil
Mira
Nog

Lottie: Trust is a very strong word this early in the game.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #155
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So you're saying you aren't evil? Not that I believe you, of course.
Of course you wouldn't, even if I am! Oh, but you should, because you know me far too well and know my secrets.

Also, I totally almost double posted that last post. But I only hit 'submit' once. What the heck?

EDIT: The first line was supposed to say 'secrets', not secret. I corrected the typo, but wanted to let you lot know just in case.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #156
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

You know Lottie, I've read you're reasoning of suspecting me and I still don't quite understand it. Could I ask you to clarify?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #157
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Why Mira? You said the Loslote voters were more worrying, so how does Mira out worry them?
Of the four, I thought Greenie might seem the worst, but then I remembered Nog saying something about her having a very full RL day. Of the remaining two, I just couldn't choose between them.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #158
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Lottie: Trust is a very strong word this early in the game.
I do NOT think they are wolves. I do NOT want to see them dead. I WILL add Shasta to this list as of now, after a bit more reading of the thread. I TRUST them more than any of the rest of you, who are unknown as of now. I DO like capitalizing random WORDS.

Seriously, though: I don't think they're evil. At all. I almost *know* Zil, Nog and Boro aren't.

EDIT: xed with people
Old 04-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #159
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
(~~~)
What I found suspicious here is the fact that you say that winty's vote should receive some scrutiny, which is nonsense. We can speculate the whole Day about him being a) newbie with little knowledge of the game, b) newbie who has played this on different fora, c) newbie with instructions to play a "newbie-card" by his packmates, d) newbie who thinks two steps ahead of most of us, e) newbie who just plays dashingly bold... you can continue that list. But that will lead us nowhere, especially if he doesn't come forwards to take part of the discussion - and that would not be "scrutinising his vote" anymore.
Any of these choices could be possible, but I prefer d and e. Also, Someone please explain to me how eliminating re-votes will help the Non-wolf team later on. Finally, many have mentioned how Tweedledee always has good insights on shtuff and she seems very good at the game, therefore if she is a wolf, then she would be huge asset to the wolf team. This is my reasoning for voting for Tweedledee.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #160
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty View Post
Any of these choices could be possible, but I prefer d and e. Also, Someone please explain to me how eliminating re-votes will help the Non-wolf team later on. Finally, many have mentioned how Tweedledee always has good insights on shtuff and she seems very good at the game, therefore if she is a wolf, then she would be huge asset to the wolf team. This is my reasoning for voting for Tweedledee.
Yes, but she would also therefore be a good asset to the village. And besides, she's super busy, so she can't get up to too many hijinx this game.

I still fault this is egregiously poor reasoning. (And yes, I really just wanted to say egregious.)