The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #121
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Don't bother, there was no reasoning (none at all). And why not vote me if you find me suspicious?
Yes, I just saw it, so now I understand why I haven't noticed it, since there is no explanation at all. I wouldn't mind that vote if it wasn't a part of this (currently biggest) bandwaggon.

I don't want to vote you now because I have better subjects to vote. I suspect you only a little, I said. Putting aside the reasons like that it won't be nice to vote you out since it's your first game after a while (and recalling stuff like last time Sally was lynched on her deathday etc), I maybe also wouldn't mind that much if the bandwagon for you did not look (especially with this random Eruhen voting) like some "save private Boro" attempt. Namely Boro would be one of these more likely candidates for voting (or in fact, THE candidate - I think I am going to vote him, not sure if there's anybody else, if I don't count Eruhen now or something, but then I'd like to hear his explanation etc first...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #122
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. It was a second post I wrote on Zil - and a second time I had to decide I will not post it (for a slightly different reason this time). You make me mad Inzil! And I kind of wish to join Rikae in checking your bluff.

So Lommy "stretches points", uses the word "weird" too often and "defends Pitch" (which is then corrected as a misunderstanding)? Her guilt seems only too obvious...

I mean really?

So Eruhen's vote looks like bandwagoning in major scale and G55's a possible one. Actually, I found an interesting point from back there
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
The only other person that is closer to being a suspect is Lommy. I've said very little about her, but there has been some talk about her with which I agree.
That is said after she speculates whether Lottie or Boro might be wolves. Finally she decides to vote Lommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I am leaning more towards Lommy. My uneasiness with her comes from the content of what she said, whereas with Boro it is with how he says it. Yeah, I'll call that my final decision.
So with the content "there has been some talk about" but which she is not opening up in any way...

I might be getting second thoughts about the sincerity of her outburst back there as this looks much like a wolf in trouble trying to find someone to vote.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #123
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure it's not just something like "because it's your first game in a while" (as if I couldn't join the next one) or "because it's your birthday (as if I cared)...

edit: xed with Nog
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #124
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'll comment on the rest momentarily, but I want to get this thought out there as quickly as possible to give everyone time to consider - I would, personally, be not at all averse to lynching Bom. Think about it for a second - why, even beyond Legate's thought (which is currently the prevailing mood, sad as it is to say), I can nearly guarantee that later, down the road, someone will say "man I wish we could lynch Bom, but we can't now, it's too late in the game." Because, as I recall, Bom does this quite a bit, and people say exactly what has been said thus far - that is, chastising him for it but not really doing anything about it. Because the general opinion is either "oh that's just Bom" or "a wolf wouldn't do that, oh well."

So if people want to lynch Bom, I'm all for it. It's about time our threat of "participate or face a lynch" actually had some bite to it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 02-22-2012 at 05:13 AM. Reason: X'ed with Legate, Nog, and Lommy
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #125
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure it's not just something like "because it's your first game in a while" (as if I couldn't join the next one) or "because it's your birthday (as if I cared)...
Although I do But yes, it is not the reason. I know better than that and I know that you wouldn't approve of such reasoning either

And good reminder, for mentioning it, Nog - G55 was also one of those who gave me pause related to their choice of votes - or debate about it (well, I wrote about it earlier) - and would also be probably higher on the suspicion list than Lommy.

EDIT: x-ed with Shasta
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #126
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55, originally quoted by Nog
The only other person that is closer to being a suspect is Lommy. I've said very little about her, but there has been some talk about her with which I agree.
This quote strikes me as terribly self-conscious. Why say "I've said very little about her" instead of "I have made very few suspicious observations of her on my own"? Innocents tend to keep track on what they have thought about others, wolves what they have said about others. I have to check the context of this because it basically rockets G55 towards the top of my suspicion list if the context doesn't clarify anything!

Although one point in G55's favour, Nog - innocents too need to find some people to vote for and sometimes it might feel as forced as it does when you're a wolf.

edit: xed with Shasta and Legate
Old 02-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #127
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'll comment on the rest momentarily, but I want to get this thought out there as quickly as possible to give everyone time to consider - I would, personally, be not at all averse to lynching Bom. Think about it for a second - why, even beyond Legate's thought (which is currently the prevailing mood, sad as it is to say), I can nearly guarantee that later, down the road, someone will say "man I wish we could lynch Bom, but we can't now, it's too late in the game." Because, as I recall, Bom does this quite a bit, and people say exactly what has been said thus far - that is, chastising him for it but not really doing anything about it. Because the general opinion is either "oh that's just Bom" or "a wolf wouldn't do that, oh well."

So if people want to lynch Bom, I'm all for it. It's about time our threat of "participate or face a lynch" actually had some bite to it.
That's true. Still I am not sure if I wouldn't rather use the fact that I actually have a decent enough suspect on Day 1 and vote for that one... also in order to make things clearer. Bom's death won't, after all, show much (given that his interactions with people are... close to nil).

But yes... it has some merit, because again, when, if not toDay? Hm, I have to think about this...

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #128
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Shasta - I see your point but wouldn't that be just lynching Bom because his playing style is confusing? That'd be a little mean.

edit: why do I keep xing with one-liners and other short posts? Weird.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #129
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And I checked, G55's comment about me does not have any special context that would make it look better, it's from her post where she contempletes who to vote.

So out of thos who have received votes this far, I'd prefer Boro or maybe Bom, and out of everybody G55 or maybe Eruhen (I give Lottie that she is consistent, and explaining Shasta where my suspicion of her came from made me think the whole Lottie-Pitch from her pov and thus made me feel a little better about her).

Last edited by Thinlómien; 02-22-2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: typoed and changed G55's gender
Old 02-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #130
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
What's odd about the timing? It's when I woke up to find that Zil had started a poorly-reasoned accusation of me.
It looks odd that it's only after you start getting suspected and voted that you suddenly suspect Inzil as much as you did in that post. If you just woke up to find that, it's less odd (I honestly have no idea what timezone you're in, haha.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If I put my principles aside, Bom's vote is not really anything I can make conclusions on, because it all comes down to whether Bom would dare to do something like that as a wolf or not. I don't know him well enough to say. (In this kind of cases, though, I tend to give people the benefit of doubt ie. assume their daring.)
That's precisely the point!

Quote:
To me, they both looked suspicious in the beginning.

Lottie for making a playful (and thus easy to drop) accusation - I don't care if it was a joke, what matters is that she said it and she can't have been unconscious of the fact that she was portraying in a suspicious light something other people may latch on later. I do the same sometimes, I see something that looks a little like a slip to me and that I find funny, so I jokingly quote it - but I wouldn't draw attention to it if I found it 100% unsuspicious. That's why I think suspicions like that are never fully jokes, even when presented playfully.
That's fair. But I'm not sure you realize that Lottie does that all the time. Again, that's getting into playstyle differences. But it's a point regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
All right. But I sincerely doubt that was your original plan. Also, I recall you having this cryptic line "so it serves also different purpose, interesting..." or something along these lines
That line has since been explained. See Lommy and Zil's conversation.
Quote:
But it's also Bom and somehow I can accept this behavior from him. I would however strongly discourage this incident to repeat, especially not on further Day than Day 1...
And another point I was trying to make. Why should this kind of behavior be acceptable from anyone, no matter who? And you can "strongly discourage" all you like - it's not going to change anything. It never has.

Quote:
Well possibly I did not see or understand that when he had said it last time - you understand what my point was, do you? My point was that I wanted him to answer why he proposed something yet failed to act on it. It was not suspicious behavior, it only bothered me because it did not make any sense. What I saw was this: You preach something but you don't act upon it, somebody points it out to you, yet you reply again with preaching and doing nothing, and not even reply about why you don't do anything.
No, I understood that. I was just wondering if you saw that every time Inzil answered with the same answer, you responded again with the same question.

Quote:
For now (see above) I take Inzil's explanation now that he had stated himself clearly, however, I still don't trust him completely as I am not sure whether it isn't just a post-made-explanation (see above again), but right now I am putting the thing more in the "odd" shelf than into "wolf" shelf, but I might still be watching him.
Uh-huh, and that leads back to the "witchhunt" I was mentioning earlier. Just what explanation would have satisfied you? Because it looks to me like you were prepared to be dissatisfied by anything Inzil said.

Quote:
Shasta - I see your point but wouldn't that be just lynching Bom because his playing style is confusing? That'd be a little mean.
No, it'd be a wake-up call. No one should be allowed to slip through without participating and voting. People can say "oh, well, they didn't deserve to win" all they like when someone who just floats through the game ends up living to the end (because if they're wolves no one wants to lynch them because of lack of evidence and if they're innocent the wolves won't kill them because they're not doing anything) - it doesn't change the facts that they won, and we let them by allowing them to do so.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 02-22-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: X'ed with Lommy
Old 02-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #131
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Huh. Just finished reading all that has been said so far. First:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate
Love to Nogrod for

, this relatively new linguistics student got all excited about that point. I think that sounded genuine, though I haven't played with this active Nogrod and I'm assuming he's just the same when he's a wolf. Just as convincing, that is. And I actually do think that there was enough discussion on random votes so that any will now seem relatively suspicious.
(emphasis mine)
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but could you clarify what you meant by the bolded bit?
On the only time I played with Nogrod, he was quiet during the first day and was killed on the night after that (hence “active Nogrod”). That is, I don’t know his “normal habits” in WW. However, based on what I know about Nogrod from other sources, I do believe he can sound genuine if he wants to, whether he is or isn’t, and because of that I don’t want to put him into any innocent-pile.

And my first post was mainly gut-feelings, stuff that came in mind while reading the whole conversation through, so I wouldn’t say “over-confidence”. But Boro is definitely acting differently than in the one game I played with him. I don’t think I even need to be particularly sharp to notice that.

I’ll be reading Legate’s posts over now, I think people have had valid points against him but I want to read his case through myself.

x/ed with Lommy's second and Shasta
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #132
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well Shasta, you put us in dire straits as to whether act like we say we should act or hunker down wishing for a better result and ignoring the principle. I'm really torn with it. The chances he's a wolf are what the pure chances are 4/16, but you're right that if we don't do it toDay, we will be cursing it later (supposing he continues the same way) when we don't feel any more we can afford checking him.

On other thoughts. Despite my initial gut feeling about G55's outburst I'd say she's quite high on my list.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #133
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, with Lommy looking a little better now that I know where she was coming from re: Lottie, I'm going to put my money (or in this case, vote) where my mouth is.

++Bom

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 02-22-2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: X'ed with Nogrod
Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #134
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
And I checked, G55's comment about me does not have any special context that would make it look better, it's from her post where she contempletes who to vote.
Hm, yes, that one does look bad.

Quote:
And another point I was trying to make. Why should this kind of behavior be acceptable from anyone, no matter who? And you can "strongly discourage" all you like - it's not going to change anything. It never has.
Yes, well, the proof lies right here, right... well I would go for that, if it comes to that, but if any of my "more actual" suspects (Boro, possibly now G55) seems possible to get lynched, I would prefer them.

Quote:
No, I understood that. I was just wondering if you saw that every time Inzil answered with the same answer, you responded again with the same question.
Yes, I asked once again the same thing because it seemed to me he did not answer. As I said above, I think I've now said that a couple of times too already.

Quote:
Uh-huh, and that leads back to the "witchhunt" I was mentioning earlier. Just what explanation would have satisfied you? Because it looks to me like you were prepared to be dissatisfied by anything Inzil said.
Well when I think of it, in some way I probably would: there is no explanation I can think of - after all, that's why I started asking him in the first place! I was hoping he has some explanation I did not think of, something logical. This obviously is not, or not entirely - well, what I said. But for now, it is all just one mark on his wall, so to say. I will see what he does otherwise.

EDIT: x-ed after Shasta
Old 02-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #135
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ok - I think I should vote soon, probably longer before DL, since I should leave this computer also before DL (am I right in that it's in like 20 minutes?). Right now: even though I would very very very much like to see Boro lynched, I am considering Shasta's proposal; it's nothing against nothing (as we say in Khand): meaning about as much that I agree with doing that, I won't feel remorse after that (not remorse about lynching Bom, even if he was innocent, but more like remorse about not lynching e.g. Boro or Gal - we can still do that on future Days and right now I would very much encourage doing that, in case I don't survive the Night)...

Let's see if I crossposted with any votes and then I might go and post mine, likely for Bom, then.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #136
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hmm. As much as I'd like to get G55 lynched now, I must say it starts to look like wishful thinking. It'd basically mean all of us (Moi, Nog, Leg, Pom) vote for her, and I am not sure we all agree...?

So, are you three up for a last minute bandwagon? Or Pitch, in case you're back?

If not, I'm afraid I will have to think about my own safety, and go for Bom. I'd rather vote him than anyone else with one or two votes (after what Shasta said, although it is a little harsh, I right now consider it better to give Boro the benefit of doubt and vote Bom - but I could be persuaded to think otherwise as I have very mixed feelings about lynching Bom).

edit. xed with Il Legate

Last edited by Thinlómien; 02-22-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: sorry I just had to fix my bolding
Old 02-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #137
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

I might vote for G55 or Boro, possibly Eruhen.

Or then I might go after Shasta and vote Bom.

PS. Let's avoid the last minute frenzy if possible. The possibility of multiple lynches is a bit too pressing in this game.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #138
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

PS. Yes, it's now 17 min to the DL...

edit: xed again, this time with Noggers
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #139
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

You're right, Lommy, it is a little harsh. However, I, personally, feel like it's something that has to happen at least once, or nothing will ever change.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 02-22-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: X'ed with Nog and Lommy
Old 02-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #140
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
You're right, Lommy, it is a little harsh. However, I, personally, feel like it's something that has to happen at least once, or nothing will ever change.
If you were a wolf and Bom an innocent, this would be very mean you know...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #141
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Hmm. As much as I'd like to get G55 lynched now, I must say it starts to look like wishful thinking. It'd basically mean all of us (Moi, Nog, Leg, Pom) vote for her, and I am not sure we all agree...?
She can always be lynched toMorrow, and there will be also more from her to read, she can respond to the critique etc... although of course we should beware of the "drop the person who survived the lynch from your suspect list" syndrom which appears from time to time, if you know what I mean...

The same goes for Eruhen (!). Explanation of vote toMorrow, please!

And okay, last look at posts and then I will probably vote Bom.

EDIT: x-ed since the quoted post
Old 02-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #142
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Pom? You're aware there's only 13 more minutes? Who are you planning to vote?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #143
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
It's mean regardless of what I am. I know that. And I'm sure I'll change my tune once Bom proves that he's capable of actually participating in a game he signs up for. That doesn't really change anything.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 02-22-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: X'ed with Lommy
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #144
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Sting

As the responsible representative of Khand and its khan, the mighty Khan Bungo; in his place and as the representative of the voice of all his khandahar, I therefore cast my vote for:

++Bom

(Howgh.)
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #145
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't really find Lommy suspicious enough to vote, so

++Bom
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #146
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
That had also crossed my mind, but well, then I thought to myself, if Shasta is a wolf and is orchestrating this lynch all by himself, it's a pretty bold move and in any case, we can analyse Shasta later on if he seems to act manipulatively or something.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #147
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Update:

A Little Green ––> Boro
Lottie ––> Lommy
Bom Tombadillo ––> Self
Galadriel55 ––> Lommy (2)
Inziladun ––> Eönwë
Rikae ––> Inziladun
Sally ––> Eönwë (2)
Eruhen ––> Lommy (3)
Shasta ––> Bom(2)
Legate ––> Bom(3)
Eönwë ––> Bom(4)
Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #148
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

ARRGGHH I got an important phonecall to distract me...

Well.

++ Bom
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #149
Pomegranate
Wight

I am aware and reading, you guys are just so active that it takes me ages to catch up :P Thanks to some things Shasta said about the bandwagon against Inzil I'm getting a bad feeling about Legate. And I still feel strange about Boro. I think I'm going for Legate even though it's slightly irresponsible from me since it won't get him killed, but I don't have any other leads right now and I don't feel that either Bom or G55 deserve the playing-style lynch.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #150
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I don't really find Lommy suspicious enough to vote, so

++Bom
This is more interesting... just who did Eonwe originally say he'd vote? (I don't recall now, not sure if it was Bom. Okay, checking -it wasn't.)

Given that he had said like an hour ago that he has half an hour during which you want to decide whom to vote... you were just sitting around and doing nothing? Okay, great time to start discussion... okay, let's let it be and let people vote for now... but! Noting this for the future Days...

EDIT: xed since my last. And now I am going, good voting and good Night!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #151
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Vaes Lanc
if Shasta is a wolf and is orchestrating this lynch all by himself
That would be pretty darn cool.

++Bom

We don't want a tie and die, do we, precious?

edit: xed with everybody after the Supreme Goddess
Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #152
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
I didn't like the acolyte discussion because it meant everyone could hide under the veil of "This discussion is better than nothing, at least later we can look back on it" (see my earlier post). I'm still not sure what Inzil was getting at, but by reiterating his side so many times, he gave more justification for people to argue the side that already has general consensus, and so no, I didn't like that because it gives the wolves a place to hide.
That's as may be, but Zil's reiterating was prompted by repeated questions from Legate, so it seems unfair to blame him alone for the change in the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Just because something doesn't automatically make him evil, it doesn't mean I have to like what he's doing, does it?
No, it doesn't, but poking someone again and again over a point so you can then complain that he's "reiterating his side" and starting a pointless discussion doesn't look particularly innocent either. OK, Legate did the poking and you the complaining, but you're using the controversy between them to paint Zil as suspicious by blaming the whole controversy on him, while it took two to keep it going. If you think this is misrepresenting you, so be it, but it's the best I have toDay.

Therefore,
++Eönwë

In other news, I'm not happy with Bom's Nilp-vote, quite happy with Lottie's rant defending herself against Nog, a little puzzled by this sudden Lommywagon, and too pressed for time to make up my mind about the rest. Á vala Melkor!

(EDIT: x-ed with the whole Bomwagon)

Last edited by Pitchwife; 02-22-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #153
Pomegranate
Wight

++Legate toMorrow I'll try to be sharper ()
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #154
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

G55 and Boro do post and they can be read - and Eruhen has said all the time he was busy - so he'll have a chance to explain him toMorrow. So I think we are making a decent decision.

PS. Pom, was that a vote? (EDIT: I can see it corrected now...)

EDIT2: seems like I have parroted almost everything Legate had already said earlier... blah.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #155
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
This is more interesting... just who did Eonwe originally say he'd vote?
Steve was talking about voting for Inzil, I think.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 02-22-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: X'ed with Pom and Nog
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #156
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Deadline. The Empress's ghost commands you to cease posting!

Bom is dead. Narration to follow.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-22-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #157
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

The Eye

The Empress's death had thrown the Palace into chaos. Guests, courtiers and servants alike clamoured to accuse one another.

"It's the Fool from Umbar, I'd stake the Imperial Hoard on it!" declared the venerable Treasurer, Inziladun. "None of us have ever seen him before, after all!"

"No, no, it's me!" the beggar Bom piped up from his corner. "Not only am I afflicted with every disease or deformity known to Man or any other species, I'm also mad! Mad, I tell you! Lynch me at once! Or give me alms, whichever."

Everyone ignored him.

"What about Court Physician Thinlomien?" suggested Lottie, the sorcerer's apprentice. "Her Imperial Splendour trusted her– and I'm sure she has all kinds of knives and scapels and things. In fact, I could cast a divining spell on her–"

A chorus of voices pleaded with her to do no such thing– Lottie's attempts at spellcasting had been known to backfire rather disastrously– but nonetheless more than one person agreed with her.

"Grief for the death of our fair Empress has consumed me, along with preparations for her pyre," said Chief Eunuch Eruhen, "but I believe there's much in what you say."

"Yes..." breathed G55, in a sinister whisper, staring fixedly at Lommy's throat. "Perhaps someone should...deal with her, in her turn..."

"I don't believe this!" Lommy spluttered. "Me! Who has made healing her life's work! If you ask me G55 did the deed! She's an assassin, after all!"

Nonetheless, things were looking very black for Lommy, until Shasta stepped in.

"Nonsense. It *is* that so-called beggar! How better to put us off our guard?"

Many of the company were struck with this notion, and Bom was dragged to the execution-block, protesting all the way that he hadn't meant it, and that anyway he was suffering from terminal hayfever. The Executioner being, unaccountably, nowhere to be found, they took turns stabbing him. As Lommy dealt the final blow with surgical precision, the beggar's scrawny frame gave one last shudder and went limp.

The survivors looked on expectantly, but nothing happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living
Boromir88 –Wealthy mûmak breeder.
Sally –Messenger girl.
Galadriel55 –Professional assassin.
Shasta –Particularly attentive guard-lieutenant.
Steve –Court Jester (from Umbar).
Pomegranate –Entertainer.
A Little Green –The Empress's favourite snake-charmer.
Rikae –Empress's handmaiden.
Eruhen –Court eunuch.
Pitchwife –Captain in the "Provisional Royal Númenórean Navy" and emissary of Angamaitë IX, Lord of Umbar.
Lottie –Accident-prone sorcerer's apprentice.
Inziladun –Minister of the Treasury.
Lommy! –Court physician.
Nogrod –Camel and coffee trader.
Legate of Amon Lanc –Legate of Khand.

Dead
The Empress of Harad. Mod. –assassinated in her sleep.
Bom Tombadillo –Greatly afflicted beggar. Ordo. –multiple stab wounds.

Night Two has begun.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-23-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #158
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

The Eye

Drums beat slowly as the royal mûmakil, their tusks encased in beaten gold, dragged the Empress's bier into the Palace's central courtyard.

After Chief Eunuch Eruhen had extolled the late monarch's many virtues, ending with the confident anticipation that She Who Once Was Brighter than the Moon would now take her rightful place among the gods, and A Little Green, to the accompaniment of Pomegranate's mournful flute, had performed her sinuous ritual dance with the sacred serpents twining about her, a troop of fine young slaves of both sexes reverently lifted the bier and carried it to the top of the immense funeral pyre. The slaves, whom Eruhen had selected for their comeliness, then made ten circuits of the pyre, one for each year that the Empress had reigned, before being sacrificed in the proper manner. (The assassin Galadriel55 made a more-than adequate replacement for the still-missing Royal Executioner.)

Finally, Eruhen leant forward from his balcony above, and hurled a lighted torch onto the pyre. The oil-soaked wood quickly caught, and soon a wall of flames and coiling smoke hid the Empress from the eyes of her grieving subjects.

Although, with the Palace sealed to aid in the hunt for the murderers, the funeral was more modest and less well-attended than might otherwise have been expected, everyone agreed it was a most satisfying and artistic ceremony. The crowning moment came when Eruhen, in an unheralded departure from the programme, cast himself off the balcony onto the blaze that consumed his mistress's body. This was generally held to be a most touching act of loyalty, though there were those who, claiming to have seen a shadow moving on the curtain behind him, firmly believed he had been pushed.

It was all a great mystery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll tell you what else is a mystery," said one of the spies later, when the four were again gathered at their nightly meeting-place. "That handmaiden, Rikae– she's pretty enough, and a personal slave of the Empress– why wasn't she sacrificed along with the others? I know how these Southrons do things."

"I think you've been in Harad far too long."

"Did I say I approved, you fool? There's more to that girl than meets the eye, I'm telling you. Did any of you ever see her before this morning?"

"What matters this?" said a third member of the group. "Our only concern now is escaping the Palace–"

"Which we're not likely to do if it turns out we're suspected. That girl is more than she seems, and I believe she may know something."

"Very well, then," the other agreed. "I suppose talking to her can't do any harm..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rikae leapt to her feet, clutching her silken robe about her. "Who are you?" she demanded of the four strangers who had entered her sleeping-chamber. "What do you want of me?"

"Now, now, my lady, we just want to ask you a few questions–"

"Ask me questions? Ask me questions?" Rikae's thin smile was barely visible, but the loop of wire she held glittered in the faint moonlight. "Oh no. I believe it is I should who ask questions of you! I know you for what you are! Spies! Northern fiends! Murderers of She Who Now Walks Among the Gods!"

The smile became a baring of teeth, and with a cry of fury and bloodlust, Rikae launched herself at them.

The struggle was fierce, but in the end one of the spies managed to wrest the garotte away from Rikae. This merely sent her into a frenzy of kicking and biting. It was never quite clear what happened then, but suddenly the girl's thrashing ceased and her body sagged in their grasp. When they finally managed to get a candle lit, it was to find Rikae with staring eyes and swollen tongue, the wire pulled so tight around her throat it had almost disappeared into her flesh.

Rikae, the Royal Executioner, had suffered the same death she had dealt to so many others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living
Boromir88 –Wealthy mûmak breeder.
Sally –Messenger girl.
Galadriel55 –Professional assassin.
Shasta –Particularly attentive guard-lieutenant.
Steve –Court Jester (from Umbar).
Pomegranate –Entertainer.
A Little Green –The Empress's favourite snake-charmer.
Pitchwife –Captain in the "Provisional Royal Númenórean Navy" and emissary of Angamaitë IX, Lord of Umbar.
Lottie –Accident-prone sorcerer's apprentice.
Inziladun –Minister of the Treasury.
Lommy! –Court physician.
Nogrod –Camel and coffee trader.
Legate of Amon Lanc –Legate of Khand.

Dead
The Empress of Harad. Mod. –assassinated in her sleep.
Bom Tombadillo –Greatly afflicted beggar. Ordo. –multiple stab wounds.
Eruhen –Court eunuch. Ordo. –burned to death on the Empress's funeral pyre.
Rikae –Empress's handmaiden. Royal Executioner. –garotted with own wire.

Day Two has begun.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-24-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: typos!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #159
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen, was Eruhen modfired (perhaps upon request), or is his death really a mystery?

Anyway the situation doesn't look too good right now, with one extra death and the hunter gone without a wolf (although that tends to happen more often that way).

I can't come up with an idea why Rikae right now, I'll have a look at her posts later. Right now I have an already belated essay to finish (oops), I'll be back when I have time.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #160
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Nerwen, was Eruhen modfired (perhaps upon request), or is his death really a mystery?
Not telling.