The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #121
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
Darling, you do realise that isn't how it works. The rest of us are a majority, and so technically if we decided to check you we could, regardless of whether you adamantly refused it or not.
What I mean is, I will never admit that it might be a viable idea to check my identity (the way you have admitted it about yourself).

You recognize the tactical situation and that a check of you is a realistic possibility, but that is not the case with me. You may want to check me, you may feel better checking me, but talking about it like it's something we're really going to do is, I insist, very suspicious. Given the Day 1 voting, the fact I was Night-killed, and the presence of a lynch victim and Hunter victim, I am not a real option except as a fruitless distraction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
Also Legate isn't the Seer, so I'd advise against basing too many schemes on that assumption.
Heh heh, well of course you think he isn't since he called you a Wolf.

Who is the Seer, then? Boro? (dreams possibly Rikae, Shasta, Lommy, Legate)

Or someone just laying low and reluctant to give info....
Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #122
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
and whatever it means, the wolves didn't react to them (or at least the suspicion I'd garnered weighed more than my potential giftedness)
Yeah, I was a bit worried about you overnight- afraid you may have been a Seer that over did things. I might've actually been able to spot you as a Hunter if it weren't for the fact that I'm unsuited for such a role (I would've done everything possible to avoid using my power, where as you embraced the opportunity to take a shot).

And really the fact they didn't gun for you- that makes me worried about the village, because the Rune kill just didn't make any sense to me. Basically, I'm worried that the Seer will hide quite well but will be killed nonetheless because the pack won't make a logical kill, if you follow...

Anyway, you're the one with the big threatening weapons, so I'd say you'll probably have the final say on our check. Anyone care to shop around for other Seer candidates so that we can avoid redundant information if possible? I can't undertake such a thing until later today.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #123
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Heh heh, well of course you think he isn't since he called you a Wolf.

Who is the Seer, then? Boro? (dreams possibly Rikae, Shasta, Lommy, Legate)
If you check me toNight you'll agree with me. I know you can't trust me yet, but working from an assumption that Legate is the Seer is a waste of your time and I'd feel guilty not warning you about it.

As for who is the Seer - Boro is a possibility, to be sure, it would also explain why he's been a bit quieter and more cautious than usual. I'm still curious about Sally, but some things don't really add up whether she's a seer or a wolf or a very confused ordo. That's pretty much all I have though, I'm fairly sure morm is innocent but I didn't pick any Seer vibes from him. I'd have to reread to get a better idea.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I might've actually been able to spot you as a Hunter if it weren't for the fact that I'm unsuited for such a role
Come on isn't it enough to start the game by saying I'm not going to the Dead thread alone and killing me has actual consequences? (I left it there in case I died at night along with somebody else.) Other than that I just wanted to get myself killed, even if not the way it actually happened. Which, again, was partly my own fault because I knew what Lommy said wasn't worth overreacting but did it nonetheless. But still, I still think there's something very fishy there.

Quote:
And really the fact they didn't gun for you- that makes me worried about the village, because the Rune kill just didn't make any sense to me. Basically, I'm worried that the Seer will hide quite well but will be killed nonetheless because the pack won't make a logical kill, if you follow...
I'm curious about tonight's kills. From last night it looks like we have a pack who wants to play it safe, and a pack who is kind of random, but the fact that we don't know their choice means it's difficult to tell, and they might even use their kills to try to frame each other (or individual players).

I hunted Mac last NIGHT (if you're curious, it was sally on NIGHT 1 out of principle, and Lommy on DAY 1), but the main reason I changed it (and voted for Greenie instead of him) was that Rikae was feeling better about him - and me. I'm far from certain but they're (if somebody prefers gender-neutral pronouns it's basic human decency to comply) my likeliest seer suspect (without actually having looked at all their posts with this in mind). I might be biased though just because we've shared a lot of suspects in this game and are quite similar players.

Heh, I love playing werewolf and talking openly about potential seer - rather than wolf - suspects.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #125
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
You may want to check me, you may feel better checking me, but talking about it like it's something we're really going to do is, I insist, very suspicious.
Come on, it is not that suspicious. It is a very normal response to a pompous speech. Your points for not wanting to get checked might be valid, but the form in which they were presented was always likely to get a response. I get that it is part of your persona to make bombastic statements, on almost comical level, but surely you are aware of the influence categorical statements have on people.

Phantom says something megalomaniacal, Greenie retorts by pointing out that he is feeble compared to a collective decision and would be powerless to stop one.

To me this seems to be ordinary stuff, done by the book.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #126
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Greenie seems a more likely wolf to me, but I feel knowing Nog's role for sure would tell us more about other people.

Fewer people said anything definite about her than about him (and let's be honest we don't need to find out more about Legate just yet), so knowing what he is will give us more leads. However, if we use the night to check Nog, I'm worried he'll turn out innocent (we have a history of disagreeing strongly even when innocent), while Greenie could very well be a sneaky wolf who's redoubled her efforts at sneakiness after coming here.

So I'm still not sure.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #127
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Green- looking back at my Day 1 markings I gave her equal checks and pluses for liking her and disliking her, so I don't have a strong opinion on her.

For those that know her better- what do you think of the way she entered the thread. I mean, there were several attitudes she could have taken. For instance-

"Darn it, Agan! Why didn't you reveal and save us, now we're two innocents down!"

But instead she just says hello and starts talking about Sally. Is that a normal reaction?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #128
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just a funny thought- I dreamt that the WWs and village continued always killing the noisiest folks, Rikae, Boro, Mac, etc... So that the second half of the game was fewer pages than the first day, ha ha. It reminded me of the Downer article where LMP proposed a quiet Werewolf game wherein players would get modfired if they participated too much.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #129
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
she was one of the few people that seemed genuine (as much as that is possible for Agan) to me.
*puts on dark sunglasses and does her best KGB agent impression*

Quote:
I faked a Lover connection because I didn't mind dying
And dragged me into it too! Thanks phantom! (I did see it and it made me laugh - after all I like dwarves, even if Tyrion Lannister has never been my particular favourite. )

Quote:
Anyway, while we're waiting around we should share music/sports/humor links on YouTube or something. And make the innocent wonder why on earth the Dead thread is so active.
You folks are hilarious. Many seemed to think all you'd do is fight, but reading your gentlemanly stuff is so much fun! I love how companionable this place is though (at least so far), even if we're still suspecting each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But I think there is another explanation which puts you two in the same pack... with probably Boro as the third?
NOGROD you're such a tease! Now I'm sad this didn't happen. (Although let's be honest if it did, you'd be here with two other people.)

And yeah, I wasn't going for a seer look but took care to phrase my posts in a way that could be interpreted that way, so nice spotting.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #130
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I quickly looked through some of Greenie's posts and some of the points made against her, and so far she is the person here I most inclined to think a wolf. It is a bit odd, because I don’t normally suspect people that I agree with, and I do find myself agreeing with her most of the time.

Of course one has a tendency to notice what other people are saying, and Greenie’s view of my death, and her doubts about Sally’s theory are the same. Just to give an example.

However, there is something about her interactions with other players, and her small comments that doesn’t sit right. Legate made a point of her posts having a “fishy tone” and her giving people “nudges” or something like that... Correct me if I am wrong. I myself found her interaction with Nogrod on Day 1 slightly unsettling.

So yeah, I would quite like clarity about her allegiance.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #131
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
For those that know her better- what do you think of the way she entered the thread. I mean, there were several attitudes she could have taken. For instance-

"Darn it, Agan! Why didn't you reveal and save us, now we're two innocents down!"

But instead she just says hello and starts talking about Sally. Is that a normal reaction?
Quote:
I quickly looked through some of Greenie's posts and some of the points made against her, and so far she is the person here I most inclined to think a wolf. It is a bit odd, because I don’t normally suspect people that I agree with, and I do find myself agreeing with her most of the time.
I've been reading through this thread and Nog is looking more and more innocent to me. We have our differing views and disagreements, but he's said or done nothing that actually looks evil or foul or opportunistic to me.

As to what phantom spotted - that's curious. It could be that getting sudden proof of my innocence chagrined her enough not to complain, but. She's also being awfully nice and cooperative. It can obviously be genuine, but... I think I'll also feel better about checking her.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #132
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
As to what phantom spotted - that's curious. It could be that getting sudden proof of my innocence chagrined her enough not to complain, but. She's also being awfully nice and cooperative. It can obviously be genuine, but... I think I'll also feel better about checking her.
As soon as I made my previous post, I realised that I had forgotten to include Phantom's observation. Again it is not something that I think is hugely incriminating, but it is curious and another reason for wanting clarity.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #133
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
If you have been checking Greenie's posts lately, could you tell us is there a lot of interaction with other players - suspicions or trust, vote-placements etc.?

I mean we need to think which information would be important or helpful - and that should lead our decision on whom to check.

Quote:
NOGROD you're such a tease! Now I'm sad this didn't happen.
I must admit I'm too, well a little bit, as I seem to be in need of correcting some of my earlier assumptions. Though it sure would have been phenomenal if I could have deduced one wolfpack on D2 just by myself - so no surprise there I was wrong.

But I'm a bit worried about the phantom - Boro -connection still, fex. this tp spotting the three times FBI -thingy. I mean yes tp is a sharp player but that is just, well phenomenally superb spotting - but understandable if it was pre-orchestrated and meant to be used in times of need.

Also the fact that tp is ready to offer a real fight against us checking him, and not only with overboosted self-confidence but also with relatively bad arguments for his level of the game makes me a bit troubled - and at the same time Boro is making it his top-priority in the living thread to hammer in that we here in the Dead Thread should not even think of checking tp (I mean it was bit overdone to use several posts just underlining that point - something a normal innocent would probably waste less energy on and would concentrate more on finding a good lynch-candidate).

And yes, I am worried about tp using the decisive power if we don't know his alignment. If we knew he is innocent I'd be glad to leave the last minute decisions to him as I know he's very good in this game - but if I think such a mastermind is driving our effect on the game while we others sleep - well I'd hate that.

Surely we'll get new people here every Day and Night and another American must die sooner or later and even things out - but I'd say it would be good for them to know as well where tp is coming aka. whether to listen to his pretty dominating presence or just ignore him.

I mean let's not forget that knowing tp is innocent would be an asset indeed. I'd love to play knowing I can trust him to play on our side.

That said, if you still think I'm the one you wish to check, be my guest.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #134
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I did see it and it made me laugh - after all I like dwarves, even if Tyrion Lannister has never been my particular favourite.
Aww... Tyrion is who I got on the personality match thingummy on Facebook.
Quote:
Many seemed to think all you'd do is fight
Ha ha, yes. But we have a mastery of fighting without fighting, if you follow...

Also, if we examine Green, are you prepared for the consequences if the's innocent/guilty? Guilty perhaps makes Legate and Rikae look good for voting her, or guilty for destroying the opposing pack, for instance.

With Nog it could implicate Sally and others, or clear them. I mean, is it even a factor considering Wolf-on-Wolf isn't really a thing this game seeing as they don't know one another?

Any clues as to what most Living will be keen to see? They want to see Nog because he was a lynch, and his lynch competition is a known Gifted? Or they want to see Green because the known Gifted killed her? Really I'm content to let Agan call this shot since she's the one you folks can't claim you don't trust.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #135
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Green- looking back at my Day 1 markings I gave her equal checks and pluses for liking her and disliking her, so I don't have a strong opinion on her.

And how constructive would that have been? "Darn it, Agan!" was pretty much my reaction when I found out what had happened, but I don't see what could possibly have been achieved by complaining about that here. She's the Hunter, she picked wrong, end of story. (If you ever see me get emotional in a werewolf game, I'll start worrying someone's hacked my account.)
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 06-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #136
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Any clues as to what most Living will be keen to see? They want to see Nog because he was a lynch, and his lynch competition is a known Gifted?
*Ahem* Boro wants to see you check me aka. not checking you my friend....

Also you jump into over-grandizing things... If Agan was a wolf it could be more interesting for them to know whether there were wolves involved in my-bandwagon (that was why I thought yesterDay there could be a point in checking me as well - even if not a terribly good one).

But as she isn't (and people know that now) it's hard to see how interesting that information now is. I can't imagine voting me over a gifted on Day1 makes anyone more innocent-looking as clearly they can't claim they knew Agan was the Hunter - and even if they claimed, how would that figure in anything relating to my role (rather it speaks that I'm no wolf already as there were no-one trying to save me)?

But I'd still wish to see how much important enough info we could get from checking Greenie (instead of tp) - a thing no-one has quite yet come up with in any detail.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #137
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
But I'd still wish to see how much important enough info we could get from checking Greenie (instead of tp) - a thing no-one has quite yet come up with in any detail.
Well I suppose it does tell us that Legate isn't the Seer, but that's about it. Or is there something else, too?
Old 06-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #138
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Well I suppose it does tell us that Legate isn't the Seer, but that's about it. Or is there something else, too?
Did you have lots of interactions with others while you lived? Did you fall under someone's heavy suspicion or did you suspect someone strongly, how did your votes turn out?

Always a good idea asking this kind of things from one about whom those questions are posed for.

I have som,e ideas but no clear view. That's why asked the same thing from Rune who had spent some tie reading your postings - sadly he hasn't commented on that. I'd hate to go reading through all the Living Thread for that info... but maybe I'll at least take a look, in some (hopefully) very near future.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #139
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I doubt anyone (except maybe Boro) is "writing you off as an innocent" just yet.
Well actually I am, as I've said more than once.

Quote:
But I'm a bit worried about the phantom - Boro -connection still, fex. this tp spotting the three times FBI -thingy.
I'm not worried about that at all. They're similar players and employ similar tactics, and really, with the two of them, it doesn't require prior plotting to notice things like that. It was actually a curious find because it's totally something Boro would do (he's done similar keywords before more than once) - in my opinion, the interesting question is, did he do it by accident or was it an actual seer hint?

Quote:
Aww... Tyrion is who I got on the personality match thingummy on Facebook.
Have you taken this quizhttp://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the...aracter-test-1? It's the best ASoIaF/GoT personality test I've seen. First time I got Daenerys, then a year later Cersei - not sure I'm happy about this development.

Lommy and our other friends need my attention for a little while now, brb.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #140
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Did you have lots of interactions with others while you lived? Did you fall under someone's heavy suspicion or did you suspect someone strongly, how did your votes turn out?
Nog what's this interview?
Old 06-05-2015, 02:07 PM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Heh, I love playing werewolf and talking openly about potential seer - rather than wolf - suspects.
It's a major part of the fun being in the dead thread - you can talk openly about anything and everything - and you do not need to fear being kicked out of the game whatever you say (and quite astonishingly that's probably also one reason why people tend to act pretty civil in here!)

I just hope all the people gave more arguments why they think X or Y should be checked.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #142
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Let's see - I remember Legate suspected me quite heavily, some others (I'm thinking Agan and Rikae, haven't checked so don't quote me on that) expressed some concern about me, Rune called me annoying, Lommy said she adores me but doesn't trust me, and Mac had me on a "more likely innocent" list. That's all I can remember off the cuff but there might have been something else too. I thought morm was innocent and you extremely entertaining, and suspected Agan and Sally, though I backed off the latter after spotting what might have been a Seer's slip or else just plain weird behaviour (the post I quoted when I apparently should have been complaining about Agan ). I fell asleep and didn't vote on Day 1 (Rune, I feel you brother), on Day 2 I voted Agan and we all know how well that turned out.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #143
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I just hope all the people gave more arguments why they think X or Y should be checked.
All people meaning whom? Because I've been mostly happy with everybody's arguments, except maybe yours - you're completely obsessed with the phantom and don't want to hear things that point at his innocence.

Anyway,

++Greenie
Old 06-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #144
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
All people meaning whom? Because I've been mostly happy with everybody's arguments, except maybe yours - you're completely obsessed with the phantom and don't want to hear things that point at his innocence.
It would be a major offence to the phantom's capabilities as a player if one should at large deem him automatically innocent just because he hasn't done anything that clearly incriminates him!

"Oh, the phantom looks innocent -well naturally that means he is one because as we all know he's such a lousy player he couldn't pull out even a minor trick, not to say he would be able to convince anyone contrary to his role. He's such an easy one to see through!"

You can't be serious Agan. Things "pointing at his innocence" should really be taken with a pinch, no a tablespoon of salt.

And I also think it would be very good to know his alignment for the future of this Dead Thread and whether we can operate succesfully. I mean it does make a difference whether you know he's on your side or not - mind you, also knowing he is an innocent would be a big deal to know. Not so much to the living perhaps, but to us here. If we wish to have things in any kind of order here I think tp is the key to that.

But as I've said, I'm still open for checking Greenie and will be okay with you checking me (even if I don't suggest it as the value of that information would be smallish - and of coure because I know it already so it doesn't help me).

The main thing being we check someone and not end up in a tie of any sort.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:55 PM   #145
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

If you guys want to check me feel free to do so, though I think checking Nog has the potential of telling us more. Anyway it's nearing bedtime for me so

++ Nogrod
Old 06-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #146
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

If the phantom is a wolf, you Greenie just gave him the keys to make sure we do not check him.

Just saying.

(Will be off for a while but come back in time to vote.)
Old 06-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #147
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

If Rune votes Green then it's settled on her. If Rune votes Nog then Nog will probably vote Green and then it would be in my hands.

So why are you holding out, Nog? Are you seriously hoping to convince Rune to check me?

Anyway, I'm still suspicious of Nog's behavior, but for the sake of trusting the Hunter, to make the decision an easy one for Rune, and giving the village the result they are most likely to ask for, I'm going to vote-

++Little Green

Whatever you do, Rune, do not vote for Nog, because then he could just leave the score tied and give us no result if he wanted. Also don't vote for yourself, Agan, or me because then Nog could forge a tie that way.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #148
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

What I'm saying here is, any vote other than for Green could result in Nog robbing us of our ability.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #149
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Agan, I don't think I asked you directly--

Did you ever suspect that Nog, like Boro and I, totally had an eye on your possible Giftedness on Day 1 and chose to vote for you because he saw an opportunity to knock off a Gifted?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #150
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Agan, I don't think I asked you directly--

Did you ever suspect that Nog, like Boro and I, totally had an eye on your possible Giftedness on Day 1 and chose to vote for you because he saw an opportunity to knock off a Gifted?
No. It's not impossible but no, I don't think what I said or did - or how I said and did it - is something he'd usually pay attention to.

Nog is being weirdly insistent about phantom again, but it may be related to it being past midnight here.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:42 PM   #151
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

DAY ONE VOTING

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog
Rikae -> Lommy 2
Mac -> Agan 5
TP -> Nog 2
Lottie -> Nog 3
Eomer -> Nog 4
Shasta -> Nog 5
Sally -> Nog 6

DAY TWO VOTING

Lottie -> morm
Nerwen -> Mac
Greenie -> Agan
Lalaith -> Agan 2
Lommy -> Agan 3
Legate -> Green
Caber -> Agan 4
morm -> Mac 2
Agan -> Green 2
Mac -> Agan 5
Firefoot -> Mac 3
Nilp -> Agan 6
Mith -> Rikae
Rikae -> Green 3
Eomer -> Agan 7
Boro -> Agan 8
Shasta -> Lottie

The following can (tentatively) NOT be grouped as Wolves together--

Kath & Form
Rikae & Lommy
Lottie & Nog
Eomer & Nog
Shasta & Nog
Sally & Nog
Morm & Mac
Firefoot & Mac
Legate & Green

That isn't much for now, but we can build on this list every day, and it might be helpful for finding a pack down the road. As someone pointed out, killing off an entire pack would be quite beneficial because it would reduce the Night kills.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #152
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
If the phantom is a wolf, you Greenie just gave him the keys to make sure we do not check him.

Just saying.
Be realistic, Nog - checking him wasn't going to happen toNight anyway since basically everyone but you said they want to check one of the two of us instead.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #153
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. I am getting annoyed, especially with tp hinting I would be the one trying to not give us a vote that has a result - but not then voting for me to find out. If that isn't cheap, then what is?

(Like tp himself caused a tie already yesterDay by conscientiously ignoring particular discussion of the voted person and leaving it to the last minute - and then choosing someone whom I would have to have guessed to hit it correctly - while I made it clear I had one candidate who would have given the extra-vote to the exactly same person (Agan) tp's vote would have given it)

Quote:
Nog is being weirdly insistent about phantom again, but it may be related to it being past midnight here.
a) I am not "weirdly insistent" and can see can come to issues from several angles, but I'm very much flabbergasted you think having an unknown phantom here to steer things is just okay. And b) I've been of that mind consistently Day and Night and night and day (disregarding the clock).

Well. This reminds me of the last Dead Thread game. I was right then alone - and I'm afraid I'm right alone now as well.

My first thought was to vote myself just out of annoyance but then I realised that until Rune comes it is then a tie... I need to hear from Rune first as I'm open to any choice but a tie.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #154
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

My internet is down and I only have mobile access.

++A Little Green

Old 06-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #155
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

To Rune

If you want to check me, say it. I can then vote myself first so that you see I'm not trying any games. Result me 3 votes, Greenie 2 votes.

If you want to check Greenie, say it or vote her. I'll play along (but your vote is actually enough whatever I do).

Up to you to pick from us two as it's clear tp can not be voted anymore.

That was smart of him (well naturally) to make his vote early as even if it does the same thing as denying us voting him as the last voter, it looks much better this way as he forces others to avoid the tie.

Edit: x'd with Rune... okay that does it.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #156
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

++ Little Green

I don't tihnk this is our best bet - whatever the result, but happy we have a result (Yeah, I could have now voted for tp just out of principle, but that's an empty gesture).
Old 06-05-2015, 04:21 PM   #157
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'm reading Mr FBI's posts. Things that might imply he's the seer:
  • Talks about the Seer incessantly on DAY 1. I don't know if this means anything, but always says Seer, never uses a personal pronoun.
  • How is this what happened? Did he a) spot my hints and think the phantom was trying to protect me, b) count on phantom spotting the FBI, c) see another possible gifted hint that we haven't talked about?
    Quote:
    When he's an ordo, if he thinks he knows who is gifted he'll hang a large "KILL ME" sign and in that way try to protect the gifteds from the wolf-kill. That's pretty much what happened yesterday.
  • Explicitly says "I don't think they were the Seer" about: phantom, Rune, Nog

And I may be reading too much into everything that's about me, but his poetic "You're a goner, tip your hat" post to me - and bringing up our old dance - looked like there was more to it between the lines. Before I think about this further? Because it happens that he's the seer who dreamed of me, this could be interpreted as giving me the green light for a false seer reveal. (Under other circumstances I would definitely have done a false gifted reveal to attract the wolves rather than the lynch mob, but this extent of sleep deprivation seriously impairs my reasoning and judgement.)

Potentially interesting quotes if Boro is the seer:
  • Quote:
    The most likely wolf, of the 3 dead, I think is Nogrod and I would love for the Dead to check him tonight, but that's choice isn't up to me.
  • Quote:
    I saw Lommy's side of the argument with Agan, so that made me suspicious of Agan
  • Quote:
    It was Morm who first pointed out Agan's slip, and Lommy went with Agan's reaction to morm as the most suspicious thing she found on Day 1. So, I think it would implicate morm more as a possible pack mate than Lommy. (That is, mormwolf trying to point something out and be helpful, but not expecting much to come of it)
Old 06-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #158
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots *drumroll*

A Little Green is PREY

Thanks for finishing up early, guys. I'm looking like to have a fairly frantic last half hour here.

Due to circumstances on my end I will be posting the opening narration of DAY 3 when I get it done so it will be before the top of the hour (I hope).

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-05-2015 at 04:24 PM. Reason: left out a word that clouded the meaning of everything
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #159
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Silmaril

Boo. Sorry Greenie.

However-

KNOWN INNOCENT HIGH FIVE o/
Old 06-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #160
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
I'm reading Mr FBI's posts. Things that might imply he's the seer:[LIST][*]Talks about the Seer incessantly on DAY 1.[*]
Interesting game-style choice for a real seer...