The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #161
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I think it's hooray, but I still nag we had better options... *grumpy*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #162
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Okay. I am getting annoyed, especially with tp hinting I would be the one trying to not give us a vote that has a result - but not then voting for me to find out.
Tactics, Nog, tactics.

Despite wanting to find out about you it did not make tactical sense to vote for you because Agan and Green had already split the vote and I can't be certain of your alignment, thus I wanted to offer you as little opportunity to sabotage the vote as possible. An innocent Green result is better than none.

IF you are innocent you need to give up the idea of testing me and just trust me.

The only reason we're even talking about giving the Living information is because of ME. On the very first day I'm the one that figured out a way to use the Dead Thread to some additional advantage and insisted that we do so. I'm the one that spotted a Gifted Agan and tried to save her. I'm the one that painted a target on my back so the Wolves would night kill me. I sure as heck wouldn't have killed Rune as my Night kill.

Any rational experienced (and well-rested ) player that knows me even a bit knows that my identity is as good as in the bag at this point.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #163
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I need to tell you though - after DAY 1 I went to sleep not feeling positive I'd still be alive in the morning, and I had a dream I was lynched and Kuru posted PREDATOR in my death narration. I was confused but eventually figured the Hunter is also a predator of sorts.

Last edited by Aganzir; 06-05-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: xed with Nog and phantom
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #164
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Noggins dear. Of course I'd prefer to know the phantom's identity for sure. But that means being in doubt about somebody else.

Phants is not stupid. He plays to win, as he said before and as we all know. And he does not take needless risks. He wouldn't sacrifice himself for the pack, on day 1 least of all. He wouldn't have played the way he did if he was a wolf. Let go your earthly tether and think about it.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #165
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.FBI
The most likely wolf, of the 3 dead, I think is Nogrod and I would love for the Dead to check him tonight, but that's choice isn't up to me.
As I happen to know I'm innocent I can say for certain this is no seer saying something he knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
IF you are innocent you need to give up the idea of testing me and just trust me.
Haha. The last thing I'll do is trust you in this game just because you say so.

I mean I really appreciate your skill and thought you are able to put in this game and how sovereignly you can pull out different schemes - but that's just the reason you can't be trusted just like *puff* that.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #166
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'm so curious about who will die tonight.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
He wouldn't sacrifice himself for the pack, on day 1 least of all.
So you really think he was killed because he said "hey wolves, come and get me"? Or that saying that was something like intentionally sacrifical from his part, that he knew he would then be dead?

You can't be serious.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #168
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
As I happen to know I'm innocent I can say for certain this is no seer saying something he knows.
Yeah, if Boro is the seer he's keeping very quiet about his dreams. Which makes sense considering how many times he stressed the seer's main asset is the number of dreams.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #169
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
So you really think he was killed because he said "hey wolves, come and get me"? Or that saying that was something like intentionally sacrifical from his part, that he knew he would then be dead?

You can't be serious.
Oh come on, I'm not saying that. It's not that individual comment, it's all he said and done. He was aggressively helpful and brought up ideas that offered a genuine threat to the wolves and their anonymity.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #170
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
I'm so curious about who will die tonight.
It should prove quite entertaining...
Old 06-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #171
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
It should prove quite entertaining...
Keeping us on our toes, are you? Get on with it!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #172
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I hope it's Lommy.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #173
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Keeping us on our toes, are you? Get on with it!
You're not the only one, believe me.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #174
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh. I just realised it's just fifteen minutes!

Stupid me I had forgotten and was thinking of getting to sleep... Well, maybe I'm not then.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #175
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I was in fact fairly confident I'd be an early Wolf kill. I dropped a lover hint, I suggested something enormously helpful to the village, and I put myself in position to be the vocal organizer of the plan. In villages past I've seen the PMs the Wolves have about me- I know how to make them talk about me at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Haha. The last thing I'll do is trust you in this game just because you say so.
But I order you to!

No, but really, for the sake of maximizing tactical gameplay you need to at least occasionally pretend as if I'm innocent and see what your eyes see under such a circumstance.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:47 PM   #176
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
You're not the only one, believe me.
If the wolves are late with their pick, they can't kill anybody!

Or maybe if they're slow the sun will rise and somebody catches them red-pawed.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #177
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I know how to make them talk about me at night.
Oh, really?
Old 06-05-2015, 04:49 PM   #178
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
I hope it's Lommy.
Lommy is a wolf, so yeah... Lets hope.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:49 PM   #179
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Anyway, just fyi, I'll be reporting all our findings to the village in a few minutes. But don't worry, I'll be back among the Dead on Day 4. I guess love doesn't last forever.

Pesky rules.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
He was aggressively helpful and brought up ideas that offered a genuine threat to the wolves and their anonymity.
Have you seen the phantom who wasn't aggressively "helpful" offering different kinds of schemes all the time?

And yes we do differ in our views about their genuine helpfulness or their threat to the wolves. But gah, I'm not going back to those D1 arguments any more, at least for now.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #181
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Anyway, just fyi, I'll be reporting all our findings to the village in a few minutes. But don't worry, I'll be back among the Dead on Day 4. I guess love doesn't last forever.

Pesky rules.
Tsk.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #182
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Oh phantom, cutie, I knew it.

Who's the lucky one? Please tell me it's Boro.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:52 PM   #183
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:

Pesky rules.
Oh sheet... You and your tactics.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:52 PM   #184
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

KIDDING!! I'm just bored.

Plus I knew Kuru would get a kick out of your reactions.

(entertaining the Mod is our primary function after all)
Old 06-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #185
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Tell me, honestly, did your hearts skip a beat?
Old 06-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #186
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And what a waste to have a lover this early.

I thought our best way was to give as much information to the visitors and now we've already wasted one of the two.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #187
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Tell me, honestly, did your hearts skip a beat?
No because I was entertaining this notion earlier today.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #188
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I love to hate you and hate to love you dear phantom.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #189
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Oooooh Nog you could have told you were phantom's lover!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #190
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots I think I can do Phantom one better...

The residents had worked on the problem of their own natures all day and finally came to a solution.

Something told them that it was time again...time when others would join them.

They waited for the telltale swirling of the mists that surrounded them.

With a gust, they came.

Macalaure...

Rikae... (how ironic)

Welcomes were exchanged, cake was shared, conversation begun.

"Where's my cake," came an unexpected voice.

Not AGAIN!!!!

Why is Legate here?!!!!!!!

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor(Ordo)

The DAY will end at the customary hour.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 PM   #191
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

At this pace, the village probably thinks we're talking about something very serious.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 PM   #192
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I mean in this game that is... but not in a way Agan suggests.

Otherwise, you know, I do appreciate you a lot.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 PM   #193
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Whaaaaat

HEY PEOPLE <3

Good to see you, even if weird.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #194
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Watch this little clip.

And then this one.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Whoa!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #196
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I suspect you will be talking about something very serious.

In reference to Agan's post.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #197
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Looks like we have an assassin then! Or a traveller between threads.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #198
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So did the hunter act last Night or tonight? *Eyes Aganzir with a questionmark*
Old 06-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #199
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

No no no no no....

THREE deaths. So, special role, right?

I'm not even going to attempt speculating until I've heard something from the newly Dead.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #200
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
***!?
Also do Mac count as a dead European?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote