The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #201
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, folks. Very nice to be here. Erm, or maybe not?

Not that I expect to stay up late at this hour (even though it's nice to have the Day longer now), but...

So, can somebody sum up, at least for the time being, for the convenience of mine and of the others, what is it that happened here so far?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #202
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Anyway. Welcome to the kingdom of the gentle dead!

Let's hear you (and take your time to check our earlier discussions).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #203
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So did the hunter act last Night or tonight? *Eyes Aganzir with a questionmark*
Well. If I wasn't the Hunter, there'd be a daytime assassin who just chose to murder the person I had voted for. And what an incredible shot of luck that I left Hunter clues in my first post!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #204
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Legate- in summary....

Nog and I insistently suspect one another. We assume Agan is the Hunter. Green is PREY.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #205
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Also hahaha Rune! WHY are there so many dead Europeans?

Legate - sure. Greenie is an ordo, that's all.

So what are you folks?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #206
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
What? Three dead?

Also, I knew this would happen with everyone calling me innocent.

Off to read the thread.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #207
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Yeah, I recall you lamenting your innocent status yesterday and thought the same, heh heh. It's actually bad for an innocent or Wolf to be too innocent in this game what with the dueling packs...
Old 06-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #208
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Legate- in summary....

Nog and I insistently suspect one another. We assume Agan is the Hunter. Green is PREY.
Well that was generally what I wanted. Just some basic bare facts, I am probably going to read the whole thread, but totally not at this hour... hmm, or maybe I will. Anywayss...

Still a bit of a surprise, though not entirely unexpected, except... *scratches head*

Well. What now?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #209
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm quite surprised Lommy wasn't the victim with Legate. I had this whole theory based on ethnic cleansing and such...
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #210
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
i'm quite surprised lommy wasn't the victim with legate. I had this whole theory based on ethnic cleansing and such...
phantom!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #211
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

You probably would've said already, but- do either of you think you are here for a reason other than Wolf kill?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #212
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Legate- in summary....

Well summarised.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #213
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Also hahaha Rune! WHY are there so many dead Europeans?

Legate - sure. Greenie is an ordo, that's all.

So what are you folks?
What are you, for that matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
What? Three dead?

Off to read the thread.
Yeah, totally not surprised to see you here. A bit surprised to see Mac. And hm, so how many living villagers are out there now? This is quite dramatic.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #214
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ooo, ooo, it's happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Just a funny thought- I dreamt that the WWs and village continued always killing the noisiest folks, Rikae, Boro, Mac, etc... So that the second half of the game was fewer pages than the first day, ha ha.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #215
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Eye

We're 9. There are still 15 warm people. It's statistically likely we have 1-2 wolves here now.

Also, I'm the Hunter.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #216
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
You probably would've said already, but- do either of you think you are here for a reason other than Wolf kill?
Well, how should I put it. Upon learning that I was dead, I was like "yeah sure, I thought as much might happen". But upon reading the narration - here - seriously... I am actually curious now if I might be here for other reason.

Not much to make out of that, though, for the time being. Does anybody else have anything to say on that subject, for that matter?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #217
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Ooo, ooo, it's happening!

Hahaha! You know I think we both are natural seers because dead Europeans is also happening!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #218
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
We're 9. There are still 15 warm people. It's statistically likely we have 1-2 wolves here now.
I think we had half of the wolves here already before you three newest people came in.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #219
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, how should I put it. Upon learning that I was dead, I was like "yeah sure, I thought as much might happen". But upon reading the narration - here - seriously... I am actually curious now if I might be here for other reason.

Not much to make out of that, though, for the time being. Does anybody else have anything to say on that subject, for that matter?
How about you put it this way:

My role is ___________________
Old 06-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #220
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I think we had half of the wolves here already before you three newest people came in.
Hey what's that, a confession?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #221
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:

Also, I'm the Hunter.
That was sorta the logical conclusion after yesterDay. Just checkin'.

Nobody of you claimed to be anything else special? (sorry for the questions, but faster to check this way than read the whole thread so we can still chat a bit before going to sleep, instead of me spending a hour rereading stuff)
Old 06-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #222
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So Kitanna, Steve, Gwath, and now 3 night kills.

Compared to when I first viewed and considered the village dynamics, this is a worse scenario.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #223
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Agan is the only special person we know/suspect at this point. But of course Mac has yet to speak, so we'll see.

What are you, Legate?

(And just fyi, Kuru posted a new rule on here that says you have to tell the truth once you are dead.)
Old 06-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #224
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
"Where's my cake," came an unexpected voice.

Not AGAIN!!!!

Why is Legate here?!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #225
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Agan is the only special person we know/suspect at this point. But of course Mac has yet to speak, so we'll see.

What are you, Legate?

(And just fyi, Kuru posted a new rule on here that says you have to tell the truth once you are dead.)
Link please It just sounds like something you'd make up.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #226
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Nobody of you claimed to be anything else special?
Well, phantom claimed to be a lover.

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #227
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Well, phantom claimed to be a lover.

Yeah, it sucks.
That doesn't make much sense anyway. Because why then do you have the whole role-revealing voting, if you can just ask and people have to tell you the truth? Like seriously?

Anyway, I am innocent.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Yeah, it sucks.
Kind of takes the bite out of our arguments...

Although there are rumors the rule wouldn't apply to the phantom.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #229
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I suppose we ought to calm down with the posting and let the newly dead catch up? It's already looking like this is going to be the active thread now.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #230
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I suppose we ought to calm down with the posting and let the newly dead catch up? It's already looking like this is going to be the active thread now.
You're right. I'm off to sleep (on some decentish time for a while).

Good night and good luck for the early Day!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #231
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well actually I sorta skimmed through this thread already (really just skimmed), it turned out to be fairly fast though since lot that's been said looks like just fairly random short banter and all (at least people aren't posting several-paragraphed lengthy analyses. Well, but now *I* am here, mwa ha ha!).

Anyway, the only remark to what I've seen: sorry for probably making you waste your check-vote on Greenie (seems to me you did so because you thought I might be the Seer so she could be Wolf). For that matter, apologies Greenie for the suspicion, so you apparently were just enjoying yourself and being happy because of having lot of time to play, not because of being a Wolf. But all that said, still it's good because now we can be sure and all that. However, if we can choose (of course depending on what happens on the Living thread toDay), I really think you should have checked the phantom, and that's what I would put on the to-do list for the future.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #232
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

One more thing that came to my mind while I was having a cigarette before going to sleep...

the phantom's little joke with claiming to be a lover just ten minutes before the DL kind of made me think about the issue in general. I'm too tired to think through all the ramifications myself now, but would like to bring the issue forth anyway for you others to consider - and well the future lover / ranger who comes here to consider.

The first thing that crossed my mind reading tp's "revealment" was kind of "of course, that's brilliant!" (well it would have made understandable his stubborness in connection with us possibly willing to check him as that would then have been in vain).

The clue sure would be that if the gifted didn't reveal us the gift s/he could observe us more "objectively" as no wolf among us would know to posture to the gifted in the right way. So s/he might get better knowledge out from this thread than if s/he revealed the gift to us (s/he could of course reveal sometime late - like tp "did", like after all voting is done or something).

But on the other hand, if the gifted told us of her/his gift, we could concentrate our efforts to help the village exactly on that D/N, and knowing the info we gather that D/N is the latest thing to go forwards, we could also think our decisions with that in sight.

So what do you think?

Surely it is up to the gifted to decide what to do, but we might help in thinking out some obvious problems in doing it either way - more minds find out more POV's than just one.

Okay, now to bed.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 PM   #233
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Dark-Eye

Quote:
at least people aren't posting several-paragraphed lengthy analyses. Well, but now *I* am here, mwa ha ha!).
Hahaha!

And don't worry I would have been onto Greenie even without you.

I'm now going to have a long-delayed date with my bed. Yaaay!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #234
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
The clue sure would be that if the gifted didn't reveal us the gift s/he could observe us more "objectively" as no wolf among us would know to posture to the gifted in the right way.
Yeah that's what I thought earlier that phantom might be doing (even if framing me as his lover wouldn't then have made sense). And I think it's a good idea. The seer should obviously reveal as soon as she comes here, but for the ranger and the lover, waiting would make a lot more sense. Then the wolves among us would never know when it's safe to be checked (not that it's ever safe, you know, but they could argue hard for other people on the night(s) the returning gifted is here).

Another idea - now that the thread is getting longer, should we put together a summary post for the newly deceased before each new phase starts? You know, telling the roles we know and the general ideas we have (such as what we've discussed above).

Okay actually bed now.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:00 PM   #235
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Yeah that's what I thought earlier that phantom might be doing (even if framing me as his lover wouldn't then have made sense). And I think it's a good idea. The seer should obviously reveal as soon as she comes here, but for the ranger and the lover, waiting would make a lot more sense. Then the wolves among us would never know when it's safe to be checked (not that it's ever safe, you know, but they could argue hard for other people on the night(s) the returning gifted is here).

Another idea - now that the thread is getting longer, should we put together a summary post for the newly deceased before each new phase starts? You know, telling the roles we know and the general ideas we have (such as what we've discussed above).

Okay actually bed now.
That's what I thought might be helpful. That's what I'd do, anyway. Simply so you have at least something to work with once you are here, and then you can look at the rest more in detail, but aren't like "umm... hi guys... wait... I'll spend some time reading and then I'll be back..."

Anyway, bedtime for me too.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #236
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, bad news: I'm the seer.

Neutral? news: tp is innocent.

Good news: Mac is a wolf.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #237
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Two newly-deads and a bottle of wine. This will end well.

In other words, I'm here, and I'm ready and prepared to catch up on 6 pages of your nonsense!

Why did you guys not give out an extra vote yesterDay? You had one job!

edit: crossed with EVERYTHING!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #238
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Also Boro, Lommy, Agan and Firefoot. No wolves.

Pretty bad seering, you guys. I'm terribly sorry. But why couldn't anybody have the common decency to suspect me? I'm always suspicious!

Not even you suspected me, Nog. I am disappoint.

EDIT: My next post, #239, at 9:36pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Morm is looking creepy now. Why did I not look at him earlier? He was under the radar, which is weird for him, and now he comes out and starts steering things in... iffy directions. Grrr.

What do you think, Mac?

Last edited by Rikae; 06-13-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #239
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
First: Sorry to Agan! I really did think you slipped, and then you acted the same way that I felt when I slipped some time ago. Should've listened to my gut and pushed a waggon against Lottie or Firefoot.

So Greenie is an ordo? Dang. For some reason, being hunter killed, I convinced myself you were a wolf during the Night, and Legate consequently the seer.

Do we know who was wolf-killed and who was special-role killed? If there is a good-aligned assassin in the game, I'd assume I was their kill. I don't see why any wolves would have targeted me last night.
So Legate and Rikae were wolf kills? Legate I understand - seer based the assumption that Greenie was on the other wolf team. And Rikae just because she was considered innocent by everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Also do Mac count as a dead European?
Jawohl!

Aaand here I was having fun reading the thread up until the very last post I had to catch up with.

You're the seer and you've dreamt me. Right. Nobody suspects you, and somewhere in the dead thread someone (forgot who) mentioned you could be the seer, so you snatch the opportunity. Well played. They're probably going to believe you for a good while, and depending on who the real seer is, and how innocent s/he is regarded, and how good s/he is at leaving a track, they might even continue to believe you over him/her.

You had to deliver them a wolf, of course, to be believable, and among the presently dead, I'm the most suspicious. Easy pick.
Agan and tp are innocent. Agan is virtually proven to be, and tp is extremely likely. And both are perfectly reasonable seer picks, of course.
Did you hide both your packmates among Boro, Lommy, and Firefoot? Would be bold, but why not? If one of them joins us at some point, the dead will not bother checking them.

As I said, well played.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #240
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

1420!

So sorry to spoil your fun, Mac. More wine?

At least tp and I can outweigh your vote at the deadline!

So anyway: I would very much like to check Legate, regardless of who joins us next. Between me and all of us, we get three roles, out of the unknowns Rune, Nog, Leggy & whoever.

Unless you want to confirm my role which would be understandable, I guess.

I hope the village manages to get their act together and vote early so we can empower intelligently...