The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2003, 03:33 PM   #81
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Quote:
...and lastly, a Spanish version of the book, "A Bad Case of Stripes". (Yeah, I know it's not LOTR, but there is a site where you can hear this book being read by Sean Astin)
Samwise, there's a video (on same site I belive) of Elijah Wood reading a book called "Me and My Cat?".

Anyways, back on topic, I think I'm going to ask for one of those light-up swords for my birthday. Toy versions of Sting sound too much fun to pass up.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:46 PM   #82
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

The same site? Hm. Going to have to surf around that site a bit more....

Still waiting for my Sean Astin John Hancock from Ebay...sigh...they're probably waiting for my check to clear.....
  • (rereads letter):
  • BlankItem # 3330737147
    Sean Astin 8X10 Photo

Once again, congratulations on being the winner of this auction! I have received your check, and I will be sending this item to you on 6/24 (10 days for check clearing). I appreciate your patience.
    Thank you very much for participating. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Take care.
    Regards,
    celebpic

Sigh....yeah, they're waiting..... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:31 PM   #83
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I was watching the Goonies DVD with my friend (an hour or so after we went to see FOTR for the first time), and Sean Astin was sitting there with the rest of the grown-up cast, and one of them said, "There we are again, looking up." and Mr. Astin said....that quote. Needless to say, I BUSTED UP laughing....
I actually just watched "The Goonies" for the first time this past weekend (with my grandkids). I had never seen it before and a friend loaned me her video. My 9-year-old granddaughter is a LotR fan, and she spotted young "Sam" right off. (And he really does look very young.) As well as young "Frodo" when we watched "Adventures of Huck Finn". I really enjoyed it, so now I'll have to buy the dvd. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2003, 12:07 AM   #84
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
Still waiting for my Sean Astin John Hancock from Ebay...sigh...they're probably waiting for my check to clear.....
Samwise: Did you get your picture from e-Bay yet? How does it look? Awesome, I bet!

No new additions to my collection lately, but I'm still debating with myself on the Shards of Narsil. It's currently back in stock, but I'm a bit short of funds at the moment. Hopefully, it will still be available after payday...
Old 06-21-2003, 12:36 AM   #85
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

No, haven't gotten him -- the photo yet... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] One day soon, I'm thinking. Hopefully by the end of the month. I know what you mean about being short on funds...I'll be off work for the summer, soon, so I'm steering clear of EBAY.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Samwise, there's a video (on same site I belive) of Elijah Wood reading a book called "Me and My Cat?".
Eh....went to the site (at least I think it was the right place) and got a site with everything in German?? Maybe I did it wrong. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-24-2003, 11:39 PM   #86
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Collection update:

Just found "Frodo & Sam in the elven boat" action figures as well as "Gimli and Uruk-Hai warrier" today. Had to buy 2 of the "Frodo & Sam", so that I could play with one of them. I'm so excited.

I decided not to get the Shards of Narsil at this time. I just found out that Legolas' white knives w/sheaths, Aragorn's dagger that he got from Celeborn and the scabbard for his Ranger sword are supposed to be released before the end of this year, so I'm going to save my money for those. (Maybe it's time to look for that second job... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 06-25-2003, 07:36 AM   #87
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Aw, not FAIR!!!! Where did you find "Frodo and SAM"?????
Old 06-25-2003, 10:03 PM   #88
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Aw, not FAIR!!!! Where did you find "Frodo and SAM"?????
Samwise: Here in Austin (TX) there are a couple of retail KB Toys in malls, plus in San Marcos there's a KB in the outlet mall. Most of my Fellowship figures I found at the outlet store, but I just happened to go into one of the mall locations yesterday and they had a few Fellowship figures on clearance. Since they had 2 of the boat, I had to buy both. It looks so cool on my entertainment center with my other Sam, Frodo & Legolas...sometimes, it's just pure luck!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 10:33 PM   #89
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Question

Bummer, bummer, bummer.....
The Sting I'm going to own one day----->
Old 06-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #90
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

I have...
-FOTR DVD
-FOTR Extended DVD (not with the Argonath bookends)
-The Hobbit (cover art by Alan Lee)
-FOTR (cover art is pic of Rivendell like in movie by Alan Lee)
-The Silmarillion (cover art by Michael Dringenburg)
-FOTR game for Playstation 2 (which is kinda moronic, and you can barely tell any of the hobbits except Pippin apart)
-TTT game for Gameboy Advance (it's fun for everyone, and you can be EOWYN! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
-TTT game for Playstation 2 (where the only good character to be is Aragorn)
-The ROTK teaser poster with Aragorn as my PC background (with those stalker eyes, as my brother calls it... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
-The One Ring bookmark with One Ring (my old ring fell down the toilet... don't ask... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
-FOTR soundtrack
-TTT soundtrack
-Merry and Pippin action figures with Elven cloaks and SWORD-SWINGING ACTION! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
-Grishnakh action figure with SWORD-SWINGING ACTION!

Yeah, as if all action figures don't have SWORD-SWINGING ACTION! printed across the box... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Seriously, if you want action figures, go to KB TOYS!!! I went there to get mine, and they have a lot of them (like Theoden and Frodo and Aragorn). Where I went they were only $8.99 each! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That's pretty cheap... But they didn't have some of them that you guys mentioned, like the Frodo + Sam boat one (did they have SWORD-SWINGING ACTION!, me wonders...) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:13 PM   #91
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Yeah, as if all action figures don't have SWORD-SWINGING ACTION! printed across the box...
LOL....good question, Peony! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I don't recall if it said it on the box, but the Sam with Mordor Action Station figure I have (recieved as a gift) has SAUCEPAN SWINGING ACTION! (No kidding....)
Ooh. Been such a long time since I played a good adventure game. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What are the "objects" of the ones you mentioned?
Old 06-30-2003, 04:17 PM   #92
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise: Did you get your picture from e-Bay yet? How does it look? Awesome, I bet!
Whoops. Sorry, I got him last week. SIGH....he's even handsome in black and white. I think it's a when-he-was-younger-than-LOTR pic, though--not MIKEY young, but young. He's not as chunky, and I swear he's got freckles.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 04:36 PM   #93
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Quote:
What are the "objects" of the ones you mentioned?
Well in TTT (both of them) you basically kill Orcs. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Except in the Gameboy version, you can collect armor and new weapons and stuff. The FOTR game is where you're either Gandalf, Frodo, or Aragorn, and you just walk around doing stuff. They're all pretty good. The TTT ones are based on the film, and FOTR is based on the book, and it has Tom Bombadil Goldberry in it. And the Barrow-Wight [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . And NOB! YAY! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm his biggest/only fan...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:57 PM   #94
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien

Cool. I'd like to see them, at least. Sigh...
Old 06-30-2003, 06:04 PM   #95
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

My sting keychain no longer glows blue and there's not way to fix it! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 07:21 PM   #96
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
My husband just got Boromir and Lurtz, boxed together with bow, sword, shield and horn, on sale for $9.99. He really likes Boromir! I like my complete circle of Burger King figures, connected to the one ring, that I got at a garage sale for $2.00. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] All the figures either light up and/or speak. I put it on a lazy susan. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 08:49 PM   #97
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OH NO!!!!! Miss Rae, that's jus' awful!!!! How're you supposed t' know when Orcs're coming!! I suggest you get that sweet nice hubby of yours to find you a new one!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 08:52 PM   #98
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I like my complete circle of Burger King figures, connected to the one ring, that I got at a garage sale for $2.00.
I've found lots of good deals at garage sales...though in the case of that particular set I would have kept the Sam and given the rest away....okay, maybe kept the Frodo to keep Sam company...
Old 06-30-2003, 10:25 PM   #99
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
But they didn't have some of them that you guys mentioned, like the Frodo + Sam boat one
peonydeepdelver: This is one of the Fellowship sets. There are a couple of KB's at outlet malls here in central Texas, and that where I've found almost all of my Fellowship figures. My TTT figures I've gotten either at the KB retail, or Elf Mart (WalMart to the non-Tolkienites).

Quote:
My husband just got Boromir and Lurtz, boxed together with bow, sword, shield and horn, on sale for $9.99.
Liriodendron: Was that in the green Fellowship box or the gold/brown TTT box? I've been looking for them for a while.

Quote:
Whoops. Sorry, I got him last week. SIGH....he's even handsome in black and white. I think it's a when-he-was-younger-than-LOTR pic, though--not MIKEY young, but young. He's not as chunky, and I swear he's got freckles.
Samwise: Between Rudy-young and Samwise-young? Or younger than Rudy?
Old 06-30-2003, 10:40 PM   #100
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Samwise: Between Rudy-young and Samwise-young? Or younger than Rudy?
Um...*looks at pic again* tough one. I THINK it's between Rudy and Samwise...I've seen pics of him between Mikey and Rudy...I think... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[EDIT]
You decide. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 07-01-2003, 06:30 AM   #101
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Alatariel, the Boromir/Lurtz is in the green FoTR box. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (I hate the "Warning choking hazard" plastered on the front! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] It's so annoying! )
I thought he said he got it at Sears, and the sales clerk took him to the backroom, showing him some figures that were lurking back there, not on the shelves anymore. Anyway, he was excited, cause he thought Boromir was hard to find (I never looked, I'm not real keen on those plastic figures! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and that Boromir was going for $40 on the internet. I'm glad he's happy! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I still like my beautiful snowglobe best! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Whoops! Looks like Kay Bee toys...not Sears!
[img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

[ July 01, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]
Old 07-01-2003, 11:15 AM   #102
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

By the way, I got a sliver chain to place my "one ring" on. (Now all I need is a grey cloak of Lorien, hairy feet, and a really good hobbit wig....)
Old 07-06-2003, 10:59 PM   #103
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Samwise: Hmmm...that's a tough call. However, he looks a little older than Rudy but not as old as Sam. And you're right, he does look handsome in black and white. I'm envious!!

Quote:
the sales clerk took him to the backroom, showing him some figures that were lurking back there, not on the shelves anymore. Anyway, he was excited, cause he thought Boromir was hard to find.
Liriodendron: I haven't been able to find Boromir & Lurtz (or Boromir by himself for that matter) in the stores yet, but I'm not giving up. I haunt the retail KB's in town, plus I call the KB outlet stores on the days they get their new stock in to see what LotR figures they received. If they have a new one that I don't have, I'll make the drive to get it (I live in Austin & the outlets are in Hillsboro & San Marcos--about a 3-3 1/2 hour round trip in either direction). I can't understand why my friends call me obsessed! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 11:05 PM   #104
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
he does look handsome in black and white. I'm envious!!
Sigh....I'd rather it was in color...he has such pretty eyes... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ah, well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You're right. He's still handsome (however old he is....) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Been looking at a couple of different websites in search of a Sting. They're ALL out of my PRICERANGE!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] One of these days, maybes... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #105
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Update: Just got Hadhafang (Elrond's & Arwen's sword) delivered today. It is really beautiful. Bigger than Sting; smaller than Narsil; with lots of engraving. Incredible workmanship!

Quote:
Been looking at a couple of different websites in search of a Sting. They're ALL out of my PRICERANGE!!!
Samwise: Have you checked out this website? swords

They currently have Sting in stock for $116 plus s&h.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:48 PM   #106
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

*Looks* Hm...never saw this site before. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I've bookmarked it...
Old 07-16-2003, 10:28 PM   #107
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Haunting pays! I found 'Boromir and Lurtz' and 'Merry and Pippin with the Moria Orc' at one of the local retail KB's. Fortunately, they had two of each in stock...one to collect, one to play with/display. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I found 'Sam in Mordor' with rope climbing action at Elf Mart last week, but they only had one..dang it! Can't play with him yet. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 01:41 PM   #108
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well congratulations! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 06:06 PM   #109
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I found 'Sam in Mordor' with rope climbing action at Elf Mart last week, but they only had one..dang it! Can't play with him yet.
Congrats! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]--'Rope climbing action'? Hm....that should be a reason for an LOL, me thinks, but at the moment I'm too worn out to think of why... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 12:19 AM   #110
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Samwise: Just added a fabulous Sean pic to my screensaver collection. Don't know if you've seen it or not, but you might want to check it out here. Really, really nice!!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:35 PM   #111
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Eh....not my style. The man needs to put on a SHIRT for one thing. My style would be more him FULLY dressed, my last avatar, or my current one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
<-------------Aw......
Old 07-22-2003, 11:03 AM   #112
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sigh. I almost had it. Last night, big bidding war....

I almost had a STING.!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Phooey!!! Maybe next time.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 10:06 PM   #113
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Sigh. I almost had it. Last night, big bidding war....
I almost had a STING.!!! Phooey!!! Maybe next time....
Samwise: Wow! That price was incredible. Sting with a scabbard for $46.51. Don't give up...just keep searching. You will succeed! (There is always hope...) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2003, 10:47 PM   #114
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OH, I've almost got it again!!!! OOOOH!
STING may be mine, yet! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
~Sam
Sam's online home
Old 07-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #115
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
OH, I've almost got it again!!!! OOOOH!
STING may be mine, yet!
Samwise: I sure hope you win this bid! I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for you...
Old 07-24-2003, 11:28 PM   #116
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

TY!
1 day and 15 hours, and I am still the high bidder!!!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 02:15 AM   #117
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I just got back from Comic-Con down in San Diego. Where I got many things to add to my collection.

I first got a whole bunch of free things like pens, pictures, postcards, glowing rings, lanyards, and pins from the New Line booth. My favorite personally being my FOTR pin (but right now I just found out about a metal keyring that they gave out on the most busiest day, that I kind of wish I would have gotten).

I also got one of those applause glowing rings, it is very cool.

The ROTK teaser poster which was at a discounted price at the New Line booth.

A hardback, illustrated edition of The Hobbit that I got by asking a question at a TheOneRing.net panel.

And my biggest purchase...My very own Sting! which I got for 50% off in the last five minutes of the convention [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I additionally got a beautiful print of the one ring from a fantasy artist that I heard speak at the convention. It is so beautiful, the original was done in oils so it is very bright and colorful.

I feel so lost right now on the site! So much has gone on since I left.

Oh and just to add... I can't believe I forgot to list these... I also got the signatures of Sean Astin, Richard Taylor, and Andy Serkis. Additionally I was only 10 feet away from getting the signatures of Mr. Wood and Dom, but I never made it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 07-27-2003, 05:13 PM   #118
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

>And my biggest purchase...My very own Sting! which I got for 50% off in the last five minutes of the convention

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]RUB IT IN!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Oh, well. I intend to take the money that I WOULD have spent on ebay and spend it on some teddy bears my friend is selling instead. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 05:36 PM   #119
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

But, hey, I still payed much more than the price that it was going for on ebay. It is the one from the Noble Collection that retails for $295 (and that is not even including shipping and handling [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] way too much), additionally it didn't come with a scabbard. The price on ebay is amazing, and boy I wish it would have cost that much. My mother would have definitely felt better about it.

You'll eventually get your Sting, just keep on bidding [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 09:21 PM   #120
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

HOLY OVER-PRICED ELVEN BLADES, MR. FRODO !!

Sorry, Gorwingel. NO SCABBARD, even??? Crimeney, at that price they could have included a scabbard at LEAST.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I don't have it, yet, but one of these days I'll have an "authentic" Hobbit dress ala Rosie Gamgee (well, if she would have worn purple....) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
That will be a really fun part of my collection... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]