The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #121
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Well, I've been drooling over the leaf earrings on the Tolkientown website but heck! they're $100! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Then I suddenly got smart! My bookmark has a leaf on it... I'll buy another and some earwires and TaDah! My very own LEAF EARRINGS!

Wow! doesn't being cheap make you creative?

And you're right Samwise I DO need another sword keychain.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:36 PM   #122
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Uh...forgive me for bein' obvious, Miss Rae, but couldn't you've made yourself some from shrink plastic like the pins? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (no, no hints in that suggestion.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ).

On another note, as of this week, my Hobbit dress is bein' CUT! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] EEEEEEEEE!
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:59 PM   #123
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Suilad, mellons!

Here's my LotR collection. Maybe you all can tell me some things that would complete it?

*FotR book
*TTT book
*FotR movie
*Frodo kite
*Frodo/Gandalf, Sam/Theoden, Aragorn/Arwen, and Eowyn/Eomer double-sided bookmarks
*FotR movie script
*Sindarin & Quenya dictionaries (not very good, mind you, as I got them online somewhere)
*An elvish gown
*Framed Eowyn picture
*Framed Thror's Map (I know it's from The Hobbit, but they show it in FotR the movie)
*Frodo screen saver
*Legolas screen saver
*Probably over 20 LotR desktop backgrounds from lordoftherings.net
*Replica of The One Ring
*Some of the FotR soundtrack (downloaded from kazaa before the music companies went nutso)

I think I have a little more, but I don't remember what it all is right now. I'm working on getting the extended version of FotR & I'm definetly gettin TTT when it comes out in August.

Raefindel, you are so resourceful! I never woud've thought to just make my own leaf earrings!

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bombadil ]
Old 07-29-2003, 10:36 PM   #124
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Then I suddenly got smart! My bookmark has a leaf on it... I'll buy another and some earwires and TaDah! My very own LEAF EARRINGS!
Raefindel: I bought some earrings & a pendant several years ago in Estes Park, CO. (I'm not creative enough to make any) They were actual small aspen leaves dipped in gold. Very beautiful, very Elvish-looking, and a lot less than $100!

Collection Update: Added some more action figures. Got a second TTT Frodo with light-up Sting that I can play with; a second TTT Sam in Morder; some 3-inch figures: Gandalf on Shadowfax, Aragorn on horseback (think it might be Hasufel), Ringwraith on horseback, set of 2 Ringwraiths & 1 Twilight Ringwraith, set of Frodo, Sam & Witchking at Weathertop; 3 jigsaw puzzles in very cool metal containers; LotR/FotR board game; LotR chess set; and RotK 12-inch figures of Gimli and Legolas. My friend found a 6-inch RotK Eomér, with ceremonial cloak and armor (maybe from either his or Aragorn's coronation). Totally cool-looking! I'm still looking.

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 07-29-2003, 10:40 PM   #125
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
RotK 12-inch figures of Gimli and Legolas
They are already selling those! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Where?
Old 07-30-2003, 06:31 PM   #126
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

HO-LY ERU, You guys! I am in bliss! I finally got the extended version of F.o.t.R! It was EXCELLENT!!! Oh... I'm sooo HAPPY!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 06:31 PM   #127
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
some 3-inch figures: Gandalf on Shadowfax, Aragorn on horseback (think it might be Hasufel), Ringwraith on horseback, set of 2 Ringwraiths & 1 Twilight Ringwraith, set of Frodo, Sam & Witchking at Weathertop;
3-inch figures?? All right, where do you find such things?? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 07-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #128
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
RotK 12-inch figures of Gimli and Legolas

They are already selling those! Where?
Quote:
some 3-inch figures: Gandalf on Shadowfax, Aragorn on horseback (think it might be Hasufel), Ringwraith on horseback, set of 2 Ringwraiths & 1 Twilight Ringwraith, set of Frodo, Sam & Witchking at Weathertop;

3-inch figures?? All right, where do you find such things??

Gorwingel & Samwise: A new Super Target just opened last week here in Austin, and I found both the 3-inch and the 12-inch figures there. Legolas is in his Helm's Deep armor with sword/scabbard. Gimli was in his regular armor with helmet and axe, but no cloak. They had Aragorn also, but I didn't buy him. When I saw the box, I was hoping for Aragorn in his Gondorian armor (you know, with the White Tree on the chest). He was actually dressed as pre-Lothlórien Strider rather than Aragorn. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] My friend also found the 6-inch figure of Éomer in ceremonial garb at that same Super Target. I haven't been able to find any RotK action figures (except for those 12-inch), and Éomer was the only one my friend has seen. I haven't seen any of the 3-inch or any RotK at any of the local KB's or ElfMart. I have seen the 3-inch figures online at eToys. I definitely need that second job! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 07-31-2003, 09:17 AM   #129
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Man, I went to Walmart, no LOTR action figures anywhere! Yet they still have Starwars "Attack of the Clones" stuff. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 12:04 PM   #130
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sigh. Maybe I should move to Texas.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:20 PM   #131
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

My sister's friends just gave her the Legolas standee. I just have to say that it will take some time getting used to it. It is kind of freaky, and so darn tall. When I walked down the stairs and saw it for the first time I jumped. My sister (who is a huge Orlando fan) is even kind of freaked out about it. Right now we really don't know where to put it, but last night she had to put it in the closet so it didn't scare her when she got up in the morning.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:59 PM   #132
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

She could tack it to the ceiling above her bed. That way it won't be in anyone's way.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #133
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Thumbs up

...or trade it for a "Hobbit" standee. It'd be smaller. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 07:22 PM   #134
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Oh but the hobbit standee is so short, it almost doesn't look real. Especially when you see the real actors right next to it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

We did find a place for Legolas, he is now in the "memoriabilia room" (oh no I have one of those!) right in front and to the side of the TTT posters.

We were joking that we could go to a wooded area by a street and stick him there with his head sticking out and see how the drivers reacted [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 10:19 PM   #135
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Man, I went to Walmart, no LOTR action figures anywhere! Yet they still have Starwars "Attack of the Clones" stuff
Morai: Not to mention all the "Incredible Hulk" junk!!

Quote:
Sigh. Maybe I should move to Texas.
Samwise: Friend, I'd be right proud to welcome ya'll to my hometown!

Another update: That Super Target must stock everyday! Today I found..ta-dah..the 6-inch RotK Éomer and the 6-inch Frodo in 'Goblin Disguise Armor'!!! **jumps up and down in excitement** Unfortunately, they only had 1 of each, so I haven't been able to take them out of the box to play/display yet. There is a Sam figure in Orc Armor, but I haven't seen him yet. I thought the likenesses on my other figures were very good, but the face on this Frodo is soooo Elijah. *sigh*

[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 07-31-2003, 10:31 PM   #136
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Oh but the hobbit standee is so short.
HEY, that's what makes them special!!!

Quote:
Samwise: Friend, I'd be right proud to welcome ya'll to my hometown!
And I would be most pleased to make a journey there, Miss Altariel. *bows, then makes a note 'Head for Texas' in agenda*
Old 07-31-2003, 11:03 PM   #137
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Saturday, I'm going to a gunshow & I want to get Sting.

My cousin's boyfriend bought Sting, a Morgul Blade, and an Uruk-hai scimitar at a gunshow. He & my cousin are LotR freaks like me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 12:55 AM   #138
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Quote:
HEY, that's what makes them special!!!
I know
I am not making any insult to hobbits at all, I love hobbits, they are my personal favorite charaters from the movies and the books. It is just that when they reduced the size of the pictures of the real actors on the hobbit standee it just didn't turn out as good as it could have.

That is my personal opinion [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 12:21 PM   #139
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

LOL--no offense taken. Hm. Wonder why they went and did that? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2003, 04:08 PM   #140
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

I got Glamdring today! Not an official reproduction, mind you, because I'm cheap, but it is still Glamdring. I didn't get Sting because I found Glamdring & it was the only one. I want either Sting or Anduril next.

Namarie
Old 08-02-2003, 09:56 PM   #141
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Glamdring! Wow, What a prize!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #142
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

Instead of editing my post again i will just add another post, I hae just gotten the ToyVault Figgure of Gollum The Fisherman
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:52 PM   #143
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Today, I found the FotR soundtrack. Finally! It was the only copy left so my mum went ahead & bought it for me. YAY!

So, now my collection consists of:
*Glamdring (with scabbard)
*FotR soundtrack
*FotR book
*TTT book
*FotR movie
*FotR extended movie
*Thror's map
*Eowyn framed pic
*One Ring
*FotR tracks off kazaa
*FotR movie script
*Elvish dictionaries
*LotR desktops
*Frodo screensaver
*Legolas screensaver
*Lots of LotR bookmarks
*Elvish gown (my mum made it)
*Frodo kite

And always adding on of course! I need a LotR poster!
Old 08-03-2003, 03:38 PM   #144
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Eh, my collection:

4 LotR chocolate bars that I stubbornly refuse to eat (and for some unknown reason, they don't melt)

5 out of 12 HoME volumes (the first 5), two copies of "tSoME".

Two copies of each LotR book (movie covers, and pre-movie covers)

Humphrey Carpenter Bio

4 posters, scattered throughout my walls.

All 4 LotR light-up Goblets

Stand-up calender

Wall Calender

Annotated Hobbit, regular edition Hobbit.

First edition Silm I picked up for 18 bucks. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Tolkien Bestiary by Day, Complete Guide by Foster

Cloak patterned after the ones in LotR.

FotR extended edition DVD, plus bookends

FotR regular edition, widescreen

Burned copies of ever Trailer on VCD

FotR and TTT for Xbox

Set of 6 bookmarks, plus the little trinket things that come with them

ThinkGeek Hobbit/dragon T-shirt

TTT soundtrack

2 copies of the FotR soundtrack

Huge amount of LotR pictures, wallpapers, icons, etc for my computers.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #145
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Beren87 I'm not sure I'd eat chocolate that wouldn't melt, either.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:02 PM   #146
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

I put the things in the sun this morning, just to test, and they're still as hard as the started out to be! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:39 PM   #147
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Check the ingredients...
  • Sugar
  • Cocoa
  • Mithril....?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:03 PM   #148
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Hmm, what have I?

One full set of Ballantyne softcover LotR.
TTT and RotK of same w/different covers. Looking for FotR.
Paperback one-volume edition.
Two softcover versions "The Hobbit".
Hardcover edition "Silmarillion".
" " "Book of Lost Tales vol. 1".
Softcover "Making of the LotR trilogy".

Ten posters

Daily calendar

Dozens of fry cartons, tray liners, paper cups etc. leftover from when BK was doing FotR

Complete set of BK LotR toys (I still can't believe they didn't do a Ringwraith!)

All four lightup glass goblets from BK. (I worked there, ok? Now you know why.)

Countless newspaper clippings + comic strips that mention LotR

Numerous articles/pictures of LotR downloaded from the internet.

FotR and TTT soundtracks.

FotR theatrical and special edition DVDs.

Seven bookmarks:
The Ring poem
and the six I bought today:
Wormtongue, Gandalf the white, Treebeard, balrog, Sam & Frodo, Gollum. The set was missing the balrog head pin, though.

So now I have three One Rings. I can make earrings and a matching pendant, yay!

Plus a sizeable amount of Tolkien knowledge stored in my head.

Is it just me or is this topic rather boastful?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:30 PM   #149
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hm. Was never meant to be. Unless you FEEL like you're boasting....

I find it to be a good way to find out things I'd like to get. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 11:27 PM   #150
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Yeah I have to agree with Samwise. It is not just a place to list what items you own. But it is also a place to discuss the items you own with other people who may be interested. Hey I would have never known that they were already selling the ROTK action figures if I had not been an avid fan of this topic.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:37 PM   #151
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

*Reads Gorwingel's post*
Thank you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Uh...hey wait...I just realized...is it a tad odd to have the ROTK figures out BEFORE the movie is even out? Maybe not...marketing, I guess...
Old 08-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #152
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Uh...hey wait...I just realized...is it a tad odd to have the ROTK figures out BEFORE the movie is even out? Maybe not...marketing, I guess...
Hey, I'm glad they didn't wait. It's bad enough to have to wait for the movie, but to have to wait for the toys too...aarrgh!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:17 PM   #153
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quite true. That would be absolutely horrid of them, indeed. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

------------> My Sting.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2003, 03:41 PM   #154
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

I just got back from the Sea Shore and the trip helped me add to my collection, I now have the RotK teaser trailer poster and I (as i posted in a diffrent thread) got some LotR Mini Busts

Frodo (painted and unpainted) Gandalf (painted Aragorn (painted) merry boromir legolas gimli
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:11 PM   #155
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmph. I'm jealous of you guys! I'm so broke... I have...

-LotR and The Hobbit boxed set

-The Silmarillion

-The JRR Tolkien Handbook *I thyink that's what it's called...I should check the title*

-TTT Frodo action figure *With sword-slashing action!*

-TTT Sam action figure *With a little rope climb-y thing*

-FotR Extended Edition

-A Ringwraith bookmark with the One Ring attached

-A Fellowship bookmark with the One Ring attached

Yes, I have two One Rings. I wear my pretty new one on a chain around my neck and the other I wear on my finger from time to time. It's old, and it's lost it's color. *They're a bit cheap* so I don't feel bad [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yep...That's it, for now. I really want some posters! I'll have to go buy some...tomorrow... Mua ha ha ha ha!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:04 PM   #156
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Thought I'd do an "update" on some new stuff:
  • * 6-inch Sam in "Goblin Disguise Armor" action figure (but he can't join Mr. Frodo on display yet since I only have one of him)
    * Aragorn and Brego "deluxe horse & rider set" (6-inch Aragorn)
    * "The Hobbit Companion" by David Day
    * "Tolkien's World -- Paintings of Middle-earth" various artists
    * TTT datebook for 2004 with the Aragorn/Arwen/Éowyn poster on the cover
    * Legolas & Gimli bookmarks (2) with mallorn leaves (so I can make earrings like Raefindel)
    * Frodo bookmark with One Ring
    * Frodo & Sam bookmark with ditto
    * FotR Activity Studio cd rom
    * (and in 14 more days) TTT theatrical version DVD can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan't waitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait

I think that's all for now...

[ August 12, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 08-12-2003, 09:52 PM   #157
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Tolkien

Sigh. Nothing new lately. Soon I'll be back to work, will be getting a paycheck again, and can SERIOUSLY go back on my quest for a Sting!!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 10:14 PM   #158
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Update! I bought the Boromir and Lurtz action figures yesturday. Mua ha ha ha... now I can act out Boromir's death scene... With one exception: Boromir won't die! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] Because I love him. *hugs action figure* Right, Boromir? Right. We'll show that nasty Uruk-Hai... He'll have your sword through him! All in good time...
Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 PM   #159
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, update (sort of)
  • Several new screen pics--mostly of Sam, Sean Astin and a super duper cute family pic of the Astins.

And things that for some reason I'd forgotten before:
  • My ticket from seeing FOTR (12/27/01)
  • My LOTR Books: FOTR (With Li'l Mr. Wood/Frodo on the cover), TTT (Christopher Lee/Saruman on the cover), and ROTK (Viggo Mortensen/Aragorn on the cover), and my illustrated version of The Hobbit. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 08-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #160
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Shield

Quote:
And things that for some reason I'd forgotten before:

My ticket from seeing FOTR (12/27/01)
Thanks for reminding me Samwise! I still have my ticketts from seeing the movies!
1) LOTR: FOTR 3/21/02 12:30 PM
2) LOTR: TTT 1/2/03 3:00 PM

It figures that I still have the tickets, it's kinda a fad among my generation to display ticketts from various movies you've seen on your binder at school. (Along with your fave actors that you "happen" to have a crush on [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )