The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2003, 11:44 PM   #161
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I bought the Boromir and Lurtz action figures yesturday. Mua ha ha ha... now I can act out Boromir's death scene... With one exception: Boromir won't die! Because I love him. *hugs action figure*
Amarantha_Daisy: Don't you just love playing with these guys?!?!

*update* Found the 9 figure (6-inch) Fellowship collection, with the One Ring & Map of Middle-Earth at my local Elfmart today...and on clearance, no less!! ::major excitement:: My entertainment center is getting kinda crowded with action figures. I may have to do some rearranging to spread them out a bit. After all, they've gotta have room for all that "sword slashing/arrow shooting" action.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #162
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Tolkien

My goodness, your collection is getting to be something! The other night (actually, early this morning) like a dummy I went on ebay and bid on a slew of things (sadly, I lost the Sting) [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]--so far, however, I'm winning most of what I bid on. We'll see what comes of it.

OH!! How could I forget! Today I recieved my "authentic" hand made Hobbit-style dress!!! Sadly, the vest turned out to be too small for me, but hey, who says Hobbit gals wore vests all the time--if at all! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Now all I need is a travelling cloak. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, the young lady who made me the dress also sent along and official-type LOTR TTT Sam pin... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I intend to wear both of these to the ROTK! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #163
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Ran into a little delimma about the Sting. When I went on my "bidding Spree" the other night, one of the sales thingys said something about being sure about laws concerning owning a sword. I have no CLUE what laws like that are around here (though I intend to try to find out)! Glad that was brought to my attention before I actually GOT one.

Anywhoo, I've lost a few of those auctions, but most of them are still going. Today I won one of them, for a bookmark. Interesting combination given the two characters represented, but I'm sure once you see it you'll figure out which one I got it for. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 08-15-2003, 10:25 PM   #164
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oh, my.....

A few seconds ago I found out I won THIS !!! Not sure exactly if I get the Faramir's evil twin one, too, [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] but I of course was bidding on the Sam....
Old 08-16-2003, 10:06 PM   #165
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
OH!! How could I forget! Today I received my "authentic" hand made Hobbit-style dress!!! Sadly, the vest turned out to be too small for me, but hey, who says Hobbit gals wore vests all the time--if at all! Now all I need is a travelling cloak. Oh, the young lady who made me the dress also sent along and official-type LOTR TTT Sam pin... I intend to wear both of these to the ROTK!
Samwise: I've seen some patterns for cloaks that you can make...maybe you can have a cloak made for you too. I don't have any constume/outfit for RotK. I will probably just braid my hair and wear a tunic/pants with boots. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Congratulations on winning those auctions! Why do they call it a "Sam's Travel Jacket" when it's a card? Did you win anything else?
Old 08-16-2003, 10:17 PM   #166
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

A few additions on the day of my b-day party:

A screen-printed t-shirt with a picture of Frodo on it. I think it's a picture from ROTK, (cause of the spider webs on poor Frodo)

And a LOTR bust figurine, copper Gimli. (it was from one of those new 1$ stuff machines they have a gocery stores.)Though I was kinda shooting for a full color version of Frodo. (It had a striking resemblence to Lij.) Ah well, maybe sometime I'll try again
Old 08-17-2003, 08:14 AM   #167
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

This morning, I found out I won THIS.

You kind of have to look to see it, but on the card is a PEICE of Sam's travel jacket, Lynn.

Happy belated B-day Morai! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 08-17-2003, 07:35 PM   #168
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
You kind of have to look to see it, but on the card is a PEICE of Sam's travel jacket
Samwise: Inside the little fleur-de-lis looking-thingy, it looks like there's a bit of fabric...is that it? Wow, a piece of his jacket! How cool!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] That last batch of cards you got sounds like a great deal. You just went hog-wild on eBay, didn't you? I'm afraid to go back onto eBay...I spend waaaay too much at ElfMart, Target & KB Toys as it is! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 09:49 PM   #169
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Yes, I'm afraid "hog-wild" is exactly the term. Won (Okay, the "You Won!" things can stop, now! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Soon I'll be working and getting a paycheck and I'll be able to build my checking account back up...) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
THIS

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 08-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #170
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

And yet more DAMAGE done to my checking account... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2003, 10:33 PM   #171
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Oh Samwise, that Litho is rare...
I think that one was given out on Saturday, the day that was attended by 65,000 people. The day that New Line ran out of the givaways so quickly, that that was the only Litho that I didn't get [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I hope you enjoy it [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Though I do have the ones from the first two days, actually I have a few, they are very cool.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:38 PM   #172
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Oh Samwise, that Litho is rare...
Really? Oh, my...
Old 08-18-2003, 11:39 PM   #173
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oh, boy...
More damage Here,, Here, and
HERE.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:51 PM   #174
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Alatįriėl asked: Did you win anything else?

Oi...okay, here is the list of damages (so far) from what Alatįriėl accurately reffered to as going "hog wild" on ebay recently...(a couple of these have already been mentioned):
Oi...I am still waiting for 3 auctions to end. ;p [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 10:14 PM   #175
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Girlfriend!! You may have gone hog-wild, but you got some really nice stuff. I am really envious of the lithograph and Sam's jacket. Sam & Frodo look so cool in the boat holding their paddles. It's one of my favorites. Be sure to let us know if you win any of those auctions still pending.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:22 PM   #176
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

SO GLAD you approve! I realized, though, I am going to hav 3--count them--THREE Sams!
Hum.

Gaffer: Son, when you were born, you were actually triplets, but since we already had so many kids...

Sam: You didn't give Marigold away!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Gaffer: Well, son, your mum was partial to girls.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2003, 11:23 PM   #177
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Thumbs up

Wow Samwise! what a haul! I'd be broke!

When I was buying the cards I got one with a piece of Pipins cloak. Bought it at Wal-mart. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #178
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, Miss Rae, I pretty much AM broke for all intents and purposes... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

And no offense to Mr. Pippin, but If I had something of his and something of Sam's put in front of me, now WHICH do you think I'd go for? HMMM?

Oi...won

THIS little goodie this morning...;p
Old 08-21-2003, 03:37 PM   #179
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Just added two of the new ROTK teaser posters to my collection [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I purchased Gandalf and Frodo

That means I own 7 full size movie posters [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

But these I am not going to hang up... Yet
Old 08-21-2003, 03:49 PM   #180
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Whew! Sent off the last payments for the last two things I won on my little "spree".

Haven't recieved anything yet.

Are you or have you framed any of your posters, Gorwingel, or do you hang them as they are?
Old 08-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #181
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

My Final FOTR poster (which was the first one I got) is in my room framed. I only got one framed because custom framing a picture that is 27x40 inches is really expensive. I Originally I was going to get a plain black metal frame, but when we went down to the framing shop (because I have yet to find a ready made frame that is the size of any of my posters) the owners (who are friends of my dad, who is a major art collector) ended up being LOTR fans, and persuaded us to choose instead a beautiful wood frame with leaves on it (to the displeasement of my father, but they did sell it to us for a major discount). It came out wonderfully though, it looks like a fine piece of art.

All of 3 of my TTT posters are mounted (which is when they are flattened and then glued on board. It is cheaper than framing, and I additionally can still look at them, but they won't get damaged). And they lean against the wall on a built in shelf in the room right next to mine (they make for a rather impressive display of LOTRness)

And then my ROTK poster is in a tube in my closet.

I refuse to put staples in any of my posters. I am planning to just save the ones that are not framed for when I get my own place. They are going to go in the game room [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

This post makes me sound so spoiled, but really am not. Most of the posters (and the framing) were gifts for birthdays or holidays.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:44 PM   #182
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Nah, I didn't think you sounded spoiled. I haven't got any posters in my collection. The little magnet I got on my "spree" at ebay (none of which has come yet) I believe is based on a poster. I wouldn't mind having certain posters--there was one I really liked on Ebay that I got outbid on. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
You're right--staples and tacks not only mess up posters, but also the wall, and framing is expensive. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What do you do...
Old 08-21-2003, 09:22 PM   #183
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
I realized, though, I am going to have 3--count them--THREE Sams!
Hey, you can never have too many Sams (or Frodos or Legolas or..)! When I read your post, I had to go over and count mine. On display, I have 5 Frodos, 4 Sams, 3 Merrys, 3 Pippins, 2 Legolases, 2 Boromirs, 2 Éomers, 1 Aragorn, 1 Gimli, 1 Gandalf, 1 Lurtz, & 1 Moria orc. (That entertainment center is gettin' kinda crowded! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

I made the mistake of going to eBay this afternoon. I haven't bid on anything yet, but I'm watching quite a few. They had some great action figures (both 6 & 3 inch) that I don't have. The ones I want most are Twilight Frodo with ringwraiths (3 inch) and the Helms Deep Legolas with the surf-shield (6 inch). There were several of each, so hopefully I can win one. **crossing all fingers and toes**
Old 08-21-2003, 09:22 PM   #184
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

You know that the promo bookmark that you got with Sam and Theoden on it, is one that they give out free in School libraries. If you would like I could get you some ROTK ones so that you would not have to go so broke. They do go rather quickly at my school, but Sam was very much avaliable last year, and of course Legolas is always the first one to go (Teenagers these days [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] they don't know whats good)
Old 08-21-2003, 09:33 PM   #185
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I made the mistake of going to eBay this afternoon. I haven't bid on anything yet, but I'm watching quite a few. They had some great action figures (both 6 & 3 inch).
REALLY?? (I am not going back there, I am NOT going back there....) [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Quote:
The ones I want most are Twilight Frodo with ringwraiths (3 inch)
Twilight Frodo? *Tries to picture this...* [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Quote:
You know that the promo bookmark that you got with Sam and Theoden on it, is one that they give out free in School libraries. If you would like I could get you some ROTK ones so that you would not have to go so broke.
Really? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Oh, that would be wonderful.
Quote:
(Teenagers these days they don't know whats good)
Isn't that the truth! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 09:52 PM   #186
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

I can relate to you about the book marks.... actually it seemed at my school they were forcing them at you everytime you checked out a book...... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

it seems at my school if you have anything to with the lotr trend you're a geek or a poor lost soul...(like me) [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but, that's just what a MAJORITY of the people at my school had to say about the matter [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ....

about the legolas bookmark thing.... i'm not tring to be a creep or anything but, i think legolas is too much of a "girly" character in the book... i have a friend who has a fetish about him.....sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] .... but, he's not what you would call my top 5 pick.... fact is i don't really like him all that much... i must seem evil now... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but, that's my opinion....

true is i kinda like Sean Bean [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] he is a good actor..... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] yes, i have a crush on him... ok, a kinda big one...

The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.
-Blake,Proverbs of hell
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:59 PM   #187
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hullo! Welcome to the thread and the 'Downs, as I see you're kinda new.
Not a big Legolas fan myself, either--more of a hobbit fan than an Elf fan, and -- LOL--just ask anyone who my favorite Hobbit IS, heck, you can tell just by looking at my screen name--and out of all the actors I collect everything Sean Astin! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Back on topic, have you a collection a la LOTR? Please share if so! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #188
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Anyone ever heard of this--"A HOBBIT's JOURNAL from Collect'n of S Gamgee ?" Don't think it's actually Tolkien (I started another thread asking about it), but it might make a nice collectible. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2003, 06:57 PM   #189
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
and out of all the actors I collect everything Sean Astin!
Well, okay, not EVERYTHING...I have a couple of things to represent Li'l Mr. Wood and his interpretation of Frodo--but what is he without Sam and vice versa?

Anywho, today I recieved the first goodie from my bidding spree on Ebay recently-- ;p (though it wasn't the one I thought would arrive first).

Said goodie is a Topps Card which holds a peice of Sam's Travel Jacket. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It's nicer-looking than I thought it would be. Its actually two cards, with the peice of material sandwiched in between. A pic of Sam is on the left, and a fleur-de-lis cut out is on the right, which the peice of material showing through. On the back of the card it reads to the left:

Authentic Movie Memerobilia
This card contains genuine material used for the creation of SAM'S TRAVEL JACKET.

and then another pic of my fave li'l hobbit on the right.

Very cool. ;D
Old 08-24-2003, 06:29 PM   #190
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Anyone ever heard of this--"A HOBBIT's JOURNAL from Collect'n of S Gamgee ?" Don't think it's actually Tolkien (I started another thread asking about it), but it might make a nice collectible.
I have something a bit similar that I bought in 1978. It's "A Hobbit's Travels, being the hitherto unpublished travel sketches of Sam Gamgee..with space for notes". It's about 7"x10" and has water-color-type landscape and plant drawings around the edges of the pages. The center part of the page is open for notes and stuff. I used to copy some of my favorite poems and songs in it. It's pretty neat.

I went back to eBay..and bid..and won. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That hog-wild disease must be catching!! I bid on a Sam's jacket card, but lost. I wound up with about 4 sets of cards (Frodo, Boromir, Legolas and a TTT update set), my very own "One Ring", that same lithograph you got, & the 3-inch figures of "Twilight Frodo" with 2 Ringwraiths (Frodo as he is with the Ring on). The highlight of my spree is a signed 8x10 of one of my favorite RotK pictures (the one of Sam holding the unconscious Frodo) signed by both Sean and Elijah. **sigh** I don't know what came over me. (Sauron: Look into my eye!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ) ::we wants it precious ~ we needs it ~ we must have it::
Old 08-24-2003, 09:09 PM   #191
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have "A Hobbit's Journal". It is very nice, lovely! I like the art, except the picture of Aragorn. (flatnose! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) I write my old signatures and locations in it for now.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:24 PM   #192
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

The "Hobbit Journal" I won (did I say I won it?) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] has a RED LEATHER (well, even the guy selling it said he wasn't %100 sure it was real leather, but he thought it was) cover!
Come on, a RED BOOK! I couldn't resist it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Extra bonus--just went to look at it again, and on the cover it says, "There and Back Again!" Ooh. VERY COOL.... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] (this and "A HOBBIT's JOURNAL from Collect'n of S Gamgee" are actually two different versions of the same book being sold by the same seller).

I don't have the journal yet, but there were examples of the pictures inside on ebay. I didn't care for the pic of "elder Sam", but there's a picture of what I assume to be a hobbit (hey, he's barefoot) hiding behind a tree with what appears to be a "shapless felt bag which he called a hat" on his head, plus the little guy has an awful lot of stuff on his back. Hm. Who could that possibly be....? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I like that picture.

I've kept a journal since 1983, but I'll have to see if I want to write in this once I get it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I found out I won this:TTT Book, also from the big "spree".

This week I am going to do some serious cleaning in my room, which includes trying to arrange the burl table on/around/under which I am keeping my LOTR collection. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Thank you, Alatįriėl, for the "Twilight Frodo" explination. That must look interesting.

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 08-25-2003, 12:00 AM   #193
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Oh, that TTT book is a really good one. Each section of the book is basically dedicated to a charater, or a group of charaters, or a land or place. Since it is the only one of the film books that I own which is hardback, that is the one that I get the actors to sign. I already have the signatures of Andy Serkis and Sean Astin in it (he signed it for me on the first page, and one cute thing he always does when he is signing for a person is that he writes "Sam" below his name. Like I would ever forget who his charater is [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 08-25-2003, 12:18 AM   #194
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oh, GORWINGEL!!!!!!! Sigh. notfairnotfairnotfair.........
Old 08-25-2003, 10:08 AM   #195
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

Well, this has nothing to do with Ebay, but I thought it was funny. As seen on a shirt at Comicon festival:
"I was...
Chased from my house
Stabbed by a wratih
Assaulted by a muntant octopus
Speared by a troll
Stalked by a creepy little man
Drawn into a corpse filled swamp
Poisoned by a spider
Rendered unconsious
I even lost my ring,
And all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Old 08-25-2003, 12:50 PM   #196
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

LOL, Morai!!

Now THAT would make a fun collectible!! Who knows, one may yet turn up on ebay.

Contrary to what it may look like, though, this is a thread about our LOTR collections, not ebay--I just went on a huge bidding spree there a while back ago and so now all the newest LOTR collectibles I'm recieving are from ebay! My prize peice--a "9 polystone figurine of Sam and Bill--came from Sideshow Toy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 04:38 PM   #197
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Quote:
Contrary to what it may look like, though, this is a thread about our LOTR collections, not ebay--
Hehe "Not all that is collectible is on Ebay"
Anyway can any of you guess what I bought this morning of August the 26th? *Is attacked by cricketts* I bought TTT! Must get away from rabid chirping crickets...I also got a TTT Adventure Card:
"Log on the www.lotraventure.com Use you unique PIN code for valuable discounts savings, fun stuff, plus enter for a chance to win a Shrysler Town & Country Minivan or one of six trips to New Zealand!"
And I have the PIN! Preciousss....
Old 08-26-2003, 08:45 PM   #198
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Ugh...well, I recieved a set of cards from my "spree" today, and I just wrote a huge post describing every one individually, then it wouldn't post my post 'cause I had more than 8 smilies, and when I came back to fix it my message was gone. I am NOT doing it over again. ;p The person I bought them from took four sets of cards and separated them into all Sam and/or Frodo (mostly Frodo). Some are Fellowship, a few are TTT. The back describes either the scene on the front (except for the ones from the trading card game), or has a tidbit from the movie; ie: a model of the Cave Troll, a conceptual drawing of Frodo in costume, etc.

My favorite of the whole bunch is from the movie set, a card entitled "My Life as a Hobbit"--on the front is Jackson directing Li'l Mr. Wood and Sean Astin in the "Dead Marshes", and on the back is a pic of Li'l Mr. Wood, in a sweater and blue jeans, yet with his wig on, with that big boyish grin on his face. It's very cute. (Weird--my fave pic of the whole bunch dosen't involve Sam....;p What's wrong with that picture??)
Old 08-28-2003, 10:58 PM   #199
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
The highlight of my spree is a signed 8x10 of one of my favorite RotK pictures (the one of Sam holding the unconscious Frodo) signed by both Sean and Elijah.
This arrived in the mail today!! It looks fabulous. Now I need to find a really awesome frame for it. I can't decide if I want to keep it at home or at work. I spend more time at work, but I'm afraid to leave it at my desk in case it 'disappears', so I may have to just carry it back and forth. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2003, 06:47 PM   #200
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Phew! I got home from work today and not long after the mail came. I have FOUR packages that I KNOW are from the "Spree"--and I am sure from the shape of one of them that....well, more in a minute, I have to open them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[EDIT]
It's NOT what I thought it was!!!! I thought it was Sam in Orc armor, but it was Frodo and Sam and the Elven boat!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Plus:
  • My LOTR Sam/Frodo/Gollum at the Black Gates of Mordor Litho--2002/4000
  • Burger King FOTR Sam [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    AND (and I wasn't expecting this, plus the outside is so nice it took my breath away)
  • My "RED BOOK OF WESTMARCH!"/There and Back Again S. Gamgee journal! LOL--haven't looked at the art, yet.
    (the latter was a really pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting it yet).
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This is like Christmas. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ August 29, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]