The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2003, 10:10 PM   #241
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Well, for goodness' sake, Miss Estelyn, that's the very book I won in the T-Shirt contest. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] So, guess what, I own that book, too!
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #242
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I've decided that I'm sick of wasting my money
Ainaserkewen, I think of it more as an investment, but that's me. Someday when I'm in desperate need of money I'll get rich on ebay...LOL! (Though my polystone Sam and Bill are going NOWHERE unless I'm REALLY desperate!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

LOL--like your sig, but it sort of scares me--I say things like that and I'm a tad older than 5! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 10-14-2003, 11:35 PM   #243
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Yup, that is the one I was thinking about. I didn't buy it though, but I do think the cover is extremely cool. The artist that did the cover is by the name of Donato Giancola, and the reason that I got to meet him was because he was at Comic-Con in San Diego. He had a booth where he was selling prints and stuff like that, and he also did a wonderful workshop about his work. The only reason I went to the workshop was because the picture of the cover of that graphic novel was in it.
He does a lot of other Tolkien related work too. I like it because it doesn't seem like fantasy art. I would have bought a lot of the art, but I didn't want to jump right in. So all I got was a lovely print of a painting of the one ring he had done [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 09:45 AM   #244
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Maybe "wasting" was too strong a word. I love blowing my money on stuff that makes me happy. But unfortunately we can't be teenagers forever.
I got a new ring yesterday, one from the bookmarks. Anybody else notice that the artificial gold is oober bright? I compared it to a real gold ring and ahhh! it looks oober fake. Anybody know how to dull gold?

Quote:
LOL--like your sig, but it sort of scares me--I say things like that and I'm a tad older than 5!
Thanks Samwise, it was really cute too, when she said it. As long as it's cute when you say it too, then there's nothing to worry about. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:25 AM   #245
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Oh Samwise... Ahem... Samwise...

I can think of something else new in your collection...

*The small elf waves her needle and thread*

Hope it fits well. Sorry about the hood, I guess I just like them big; good for hiding in, ya know.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #246
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

ARRRRRGH! Maany apologies Miss Rae!!! I have a sinus infection (which I've been fighting after half a dozen other types of illnesses), that's my only excuse for forgetting!!!!!! *bows as best he can*

Oi! See, I know this Elven seamstress, [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] an' th' other day I got th' most beautiful Hobbit travelling cloak in all of Middle Earth and this one besides, an' also it's probably th' only PURPLE one in either place! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Further, Miss Rae, I SAID th' hood bein' a little big was no problem whatsoever, as I do believe there're Orcs running around in these parts lately, and the more of myself I can hide from them th' better! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 12:36 PM   #247
Vladivos the Rider
Animated Skeleton

Vladivos the Rider has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That's a great idea! (making a collection of all the articles into a poster [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )
Elven dress you say? Sounds amazing...wish I could sew.... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 07:17 PM   #248
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

No offence taken, my good hobbit. I have quite a collection of cloaks, myself. Let's see, I have burgandy (with gold lining) green, blue (with black lining), and a fall mix (with burgandy lining)

It's not very elven but I couldn't stop myself from buying the fabric.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #249
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I've been short of funds lately, so I have been trying to stay away from eBay and Target/Elfmart. However, I finally found a second "Sam in Goblin Armor" figure. Now Sam (in disguise) can go on display with Mr. Frodo (in his Goblin disguise). Frodo was getting lonely without Sam.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:43 PM   #250
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

I got the 2004 calendars tody. Yippee!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:03 PM   #251
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Raefindel,

Which of the 2004 calendars did you buy? I've seen a number of them on e-bay. What does the front cover look like, or who is the illustrator?

I have the one illustrated by Ted Nasmith.

Samwise,

Hi! I rarely bump into you since I spend so much time down in the Shire.

I am still collecting but more slowly than I did a year ago. The thing I've been buying longest is books-- I go all the way back to the psychedelic Ballantines. Also, posters and maps. But, since the movies came out, I've expanded into other areas: especially Rawcliffe figures, calendars, and postcards.

For a very long time, I've wanted to get the first edition hardcovers of the LotR that were put out in the U.S. by Houghton Mifflin. When I was in college, my roomate had them and I really envied her that. They were only five bucks each, but I was scambling to keep body and soul together and paperbacks were the best I could manage.

This summer I lurked on e-bay. Boy, did I lurk, coming back day after day! Most of them were way too rich for my blood. But one-by-one I finally managed to get them by barain hunting. A professional collector would probably turn up his nose, since they are later printings of the first edition. They are sturdy but definitely look used. One has a "real" dustjacket and two have facsimile ones that look like the original did when it was new.

Anyways I'm very pleased with them. I've got them displayed on the top shelf of my bookcase in our dining room.

For the next few months, I'll stay away from older books on e-bay. With the interest in RotK growing (plus the holidays), the prices start soaring again. I find a good time to buy is in the summer when folk's minds are on vacations and such.

Hobbit costumes

My daughter decided she wanted to be a hobbit for the fall carnival at her school where they go in costume. (Honest, this wasn't my idea!) So I got to bid on a pair of big hobbit feet! They even fit me.

The hard thing is that there are tons of hobbit lad costumes out there but no one does them for the girls. I know you folk are
all talented and can sew such things, but not me! I scavanged the web forever and finally found a medieval peasant costume that would fit a girl complete with a little laced bodice. It should arrive next week.

sharon

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-23-2003, 04:24 AM   #252
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Sharon,

You can get some pretty good hobbit-clothes at "Elf-Mart". I used to sew, once, a long time ago. (Who's got the time?)

I've been collecting music. Soundtracks I and II, of course; Dawn, Evening, and Night in Rivendell, all by the Tolkien Ensemble; Starlit Jewel by Broceliande; and even an LP from the Rankin-Bass cartoon Hobbit (okay, okay, but I LIKE the Rankin-Bass songs, I really do.) I downloaded Donald Swann off the internet. And I even found Bo Hansson, although I hardly ever listen to it. In general I prefer songs (THE songs) to interpretive orchestration.

I'm still on the lookout for the "clean copy" of just the songs from the BBC production of LOTR. It only comes in the Big New Set, and I've already got a regular copy of the entire BBC narration, so I've got no excuse to buy another entire set... (anyone have a BBC-LOTR-song-CD that you wanna sell? PM me...)

I also cherish the ambition of getting the whole Ron Inglis narration, since he sings the songs, and I hear he does a very hobbitty job of it.

After extensive searching I also relocated my lost handwritten list of Celtic Tunes to use with Tolkien's Songs. Phew! It's a short list, but the tunes really do work well. (Least I think so.)

Alatariel:
Quote:
"It's impossible to have Frodo without Sam, or Sam without Frodo. They're like two halves of one heart.."
Cool quote. Who said that?

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 10-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #253
The king of the Kiwi's

hello! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 03:10 PM   #254
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Child: Long time no hear from you (so to speak)and good to do so! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].
My computer's been down, so I haven't been able to answer for a while ;p

I added more to my collection of screen pics the other day....switched over to AOL 7.0 and for some reason wound up with a bunch of OLD links....anywho, got a lot of pictures from one in particular, though I was somewhat IRKED that they had ones of everyone but Sean Astin/SAM! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 10-23-2003, 05:57 PM   #255
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Hi Sharon!

I got a really tiny version of the movie pic callendar and a date-book with Aragorn, Arwen and Eowen on the cover, also a movie pic callendar. But then I saw a really cool one that had a drawing of a hobbit that resembled the Da Vinci sketch that looks like this;

but the guy was a hobbit! It was so cool! looked just like something Helen would have wanted!

Hmmm... hobbit costumes for girls... In my cloak pic I was wearing a hobbit costume (underneath) but it was pants, not a bodice & skirt. I don't sew that well... bodices require gromets and bones...NOT THIS LITTLE ELF!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:23 PM   #256
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I don't sew that well...
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Baloney!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #257
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Oh, thank you Samwise! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Here's the link to Barnes & Noble page that has the Hobbit callendar.Callendar

Cool, huh?
Old 10-23-2003, 08:13 PM   #258
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I want the page a day calendar for 2004. I love my one for this year. 365 fresh, gorgeous pix from the movies. If anybody sees one, tell me where! I got last years at K-mart.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #259
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Silmaril

Quote:
Alatariel:
---------------------------------------------
"It's impossible to have Frodo without Sam, or Sam without Frodo. They're like two halves of one heart.."
---------------------------------------------
Cool quote. Who said that?

Helen: Welcome back! I almost fell off my chair when I saw you here. It's good to see that little Stitch avatar again.

I'm glad you like the quote. It's by a lovely hobbity elf from Texas... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] (go back a page on this thread to see where it originated)

Quote:
I also cherish the ambition of getting the whole Ron Inglis narration, since he sings the songs, and I hear he does a very hobbitty job of it.
He really does a good job, very hobbity!! Great characterization on the voices, too.

I also got the engagement calendar with Aragorn and the two chicks on the cover. I want the 365 daily calendar as well. And...I just got confirmation of my order for the limited edition of Andśril that will be available from United Cutlery in November!! I am sooo excited. This will make my 5th sword... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

**What'ss that, preciousss?!? Obsssesssed? We're not obsssesssed, are we? No, preciousss, not at all!!**

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 10-23-2003, 09:35 PM   #260
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Five swords. ....wow. ...Wow. Remind me not to mess with you. Do you fight with broadsword, or sword and dagger?

"Nice hobbit." (Stitch scampers off, smiling at the Hobbity Elf from Texas, and hoping there aren't too many blades in the area.)

Good to see you, too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rae, I may be passing thru Seattle in a few-odd weeks... ...coffee??
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]
Old 10-23-2003, 11:39 PM   #261
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Quote:
I want the page a day calendar for 2004. I love my one for this year. 365 fresh, gorgeous pix from the movies. If anybody sees one, tell me where! I got last years at K-mart.
I think I saw the 2004 one at Target and Barnes and Noble. I love mine too, I have saved every single picture from mine. Don't know what I am going to do with them, but I have them.

Has everyone heard that they are going to be coming out with a LOTR Pinball machine. Here is the news report: Pinball News
I am huge fan of pinball, and have always wanted to own a machine (I am absolutely terrible at video games, but I have always been pretty good at pinball). And additionally I have always thought that a LOTR pinball would be a really great idea. Though brand new pinballs cost about 4000 dollers, so I am defintely not going to get one now (or later, but maybe, hopefully far in the future when they get used and then go back on the market)

Oh, and Helen and Rae! Long time, no see! Glad you are all back, post well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 10-24-2003, 02:01 AM   #262
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Boy, this thread grows fast! Elf Mart...hmm. There's one of those within 6 blocks. Thanks Helen. Let me see what comes in the mail and I'll see if it looks alright or I have to do more scrounging.

Well, when my daughter gets tired of her clumpy hobbit feet, she can always loan them to her mother!

The hobbit calendar looks neat. I have a different 2004 calendar, but I am on the lookout for others as well. And I do have a hobbit calendar for 2003 with similar illustrations from Lidia Postima who illustrated Day's book. But I don't have the particular picture that was posted...

True confessions: I've been in a buying mood for the last week and went a little beserk. Today I received my poster of Hobbiton and Bywater -- the one that Tolkien did that was part of the Bodleian exhibit, I think. Now, I am tucking it away for the holidays so as not to get too greedy.

Gorwingel - $4000 for pinball. My husband loves pinball, but I don't think he would agree to something quite that pricey!

sharon

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-24-2003, 06:20 AM   #263
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

All right! We are doing our part for the economy! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Actually, the page a day isn't 365 fresh pix, because the weekend is two days for one pix. I throw all the ugly orc pictures away! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] My favorite is the picture of Elendil with the hunky young warriors all around. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You could probably decoupage something (a wooden or glass desk top, file cabinet, mirror frame, clipboard...) nicely with your fav pix. I had a PADay victorian calendar once. I found clear glass rectangular paperweights and put a pix on the bottom, cardboard, then felt. I trimed the edges with golden cord and they made gorgeous paperweights. The glass sort of magnifies the picture. I sold quite a few at craft shows. There are some really nice shots of Gandalf and Aragorn I wouldn't mind turning into a paperweights. Can't wait to see all the new pix on a 2004 PAD calender! I'll be checking those stores you mentioned this week! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:38 AM   #264
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Well, when my daughter gets tired of her clumpy hobbit feet, she can always loan them to her mother!
Hobbit FEET??? I missed something??? Where did you get Hobbit feet??????

A calendar! OOH! Something safe to ask my relatives for, as I will get weird looks and comments if I ask for anything else LOTRish for my upcoming b-day or Christmas! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I do have a calendar, but its for 2001 or something......it's regular, not PAD, and came with ohter ebay purchases. Very nice art.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:18 AM   #265
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

Liriodendron, I throw away the orc pics too! I've used several of the pics I've saved as stationary... sent one to Samwise and a few to Helen. I got mine (this years) at elf-mart (that would be K-mart not Walmart).

Confessions of a wannabe elf; I probably would not need the hobbit feet.. I ummm... well, that is OCCASIONALLY, ya know, not regularlly... shave my toes. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
But those feet sound like a really nice idea for someone who wants to be a hobbit.

Helen, Yes lets have coffee or maybe lunch. I don't think I've cooked since you were here last. Maybe we can meet up with Gorwingel.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:28 AM   #266
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Today's picture is very nice! Gandalf the Grey, standing in the circular beamed hallway of Bag End...looking very tall! I always pictured orcs as ugly....but never as hideous as portrayed in the movies! On a ugly orc day, I just paperclip something beautiful over it. I did like the balrog though. Did you notice the two from Shelob's lair, at least that's what I imagine. Several "new" orcs handling a large cocoonish type oval egg thing. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Monday's (27 Oct) will be nice for all the Legolas lovers! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 09:44 AM   #267
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

On the orc days I will either refuse to turn the page (keep the old one an extra day) or tear the orc off and turn the page a day early. My husband noticed I had missed it a few days and he tore off 3 pages and CRUMPLED THEM IN HIS HAND AND THREW THEM IN THE TRASH! He got a sound scolding that day I can tell you! I like the idea of the decoupage cups. How very creative of you!
Old 10-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #268
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

All right---I'm GOING to get a Sting wether anyone likes it or not!!!!

I discovered a program called RocketCash via Nestle candy bars, and decided to play for the heck of it. The cook where I work bought a couple of boxes of Butterfingers and Baby Ruths for the staff to snack on....there are codes inside the wrappers, and you go to the particular Nestle site, type in the code, and get so much "Rocket (virtual) Cash."
Today I went to redeem one of my codes, and for the heck of it decided to "Shop" to see what kind of stuff I could get. Browsing around, I foundTHIS !!!!!! Yeah, I know, it's just on-line "Elfmart", but all I have to do is eat candy bars to get it! (LOL--too bad for my waistline...)

I actually got bold this evening and asked my parents for a 2004 Lord of the Rings Calendar for my upcoming (MY HOBBIT SELF WILL BE OF AGE!) birthday. Yeah, I know, it shouldn't be so hard, and I could ask for the Sting, too....but my parents/family don't GET LOTR, and I can just hear it:
"Why do you want THAT?" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ah, well. I have a friend who knows my likes, so who knows, I may not have to eat so many candy bars...... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 07:11 PM   #269
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
Five swords. ....wow. ...Wow. Remind me not to mess with you. Do you fight with broadsword, or sword and dagger?

"Nice hobbit." (Stitch scampers off, smiling at the Hobbity Elf from Texas, and hoping there aren't too many blades in the area.)
Not to worry, Helen. My swords are only used on orcs (or dorcs as we call them at work). I did have to take Sting to the Misty Mountains a few weeks ago, to protect our group from the orcs that infest those mountains.

Small update: I found Dernhelm (aka Éowyn in armor) at Elfmart yesterday. Only one, though, so she can't join her brother on display yet. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 07:13 PM   #270
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
I've used several of the pics I've saved as stationary... sent one to Samwise...
Ah, yes, which is now part of my collection...nice pic of Mr. Bilbo at his eleventy-oneth....

*ahem* Get any of my fave li'l hobbit on there *ahem* you could always write me a note.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

(Mr. Cory! I'm ashamed of you! You should KNOW better!!!!!) [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2003, 03:47 PM   #271
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Ring

Hey people! I'm fianlly back. (Been busy at band competitions/pracitces. We earned 3rd place yesterday out of 13!)
Anyway they have events for obsessed people like us, Collectormania 2003 was held awhile ago in London. Fans could get autographs, attend a question and answer session and see special movie screenings. Man, I wish I could have went....
Old 10-26-2003, 10:00 PM   #272
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Samwise:

I know I said I wasn't going back to ebay, but I couldn't stay away. I came across a couple of items you might be interested in, so I sent the links to you in a p.m. Hope they work. Happy bidding! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 12:37 PM   #273
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Small confessions which will, I hope, alleviate my guilt when next month's MasterCard bill arrives:

Tom and Goldberry from the Rawcliffe collection

1978 Silmarillion Calendar, illustrations from Tolkien's drawings

Father Christmas Letters book

Mr. Bliss

And - this was a gift! The Helms Deep Battle Figures Set: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Theoden, Haldir.

eBay . . . my preciousssss . . .
Old 10-27-2003, 04:19 PM   #274
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Alatįriėl, I went and looked, but unfortunately, I can't (well, in one case prefer not to) use the payment methods they have listed there--plus I'm not too clear on laws about owning a *sharp* sword. As I stated above, though, I will soon earn myself a play one. (Gotta make a trip to either S. CA or Texas so I can actually have someone to "do battle" with---or at least battle against imaginary orcs with.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 08:19 PM   #275
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Sting

No, you'll never make it through an airport with sting in your luggage.

I had a friend bring rolls of gift wrap through the airport and they searched all her luggage- thought it was c-4 plastic explosives!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #276
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Miss Rae, I've never flown a commercial airline in my life, don't intend to start now, and there are other ways to get places. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 01:21 AM   #277
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

Quote:
Anyway they have events for obsessed people like us, Collectormania 2003 was held awhile ago in London. Fans could get autographs, attend a question and answer session and see special movie screenings. Man, I wish I could have went....
These events are sadly not as good as you would think. I went to Comic-Con in San Diego and even though I had a really great time, I didn't get up to the hobbits in the autograph line (but I did end up getting Sean Astin's but that is a long story). They are fun, but it is very hard to get up to the stars.

Well I attended a RingCon this weekend in Tacoma, Washington. Where I had the pleasure to meet Craig Parker (aka Haldir), and gosh was he a hoot. I didn't get an autograph (I was feeling cheap) but I did get a photo, and additonally I got a Gandalf poster in a trivia contest (even though I didn't win, the other guy I was going against already had the poster). So I had a rather fun time.

My next major LOTR related purchase I am going to make is probably the upcoming ROTK video game. I just saw an ad for it today, and it comes out on the 6th of November, so soon. We have TTT game, and we absolutely love it, so we have to get this one.

I am still thinking about the Pinball machine though, I am going to get that Pinball, someday [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #278
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

Quote:
I'm not too clear on laws about owning a *sharp* sword. As I stated above, though, I will soon earn myself a play one. (Gotta make a trip to either S. CA or Texas so I can actually have someone to "do battle" with---or at least battle against imaginary orcs with....
Samwise: The swords I have are not sharp..they have what's called a 'false edge'. It looks like a sharp edge, but it's not. They are pointy, though! So come on down to Texas and 'let's hunt some orc!' [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 10:33 PM   #279
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Hm...'kay, then....sounds cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 08:31 PM   #280
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dūm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

On the matter of seamstress' work, I'll cut out the pattern and cloth, but I get my mother to put it all together. She just made a beautifully cloak for me. It looks like a bit of elvish work, what with its silvery grey hood tie that looks like a bit of Lorien rope. Unfortunately, I can't hide in my hood and the cloak is a bit long. Even I, a hobbit that near matches old Bullroarer Took himself, can't avoid tripping on it now and again.

I recently bought a beard, wig, and eyebrow hair for when I perform as Gandalf in my drama club's fall play(The Hobbit). Itchy, but not too itchy. I did scare my cat in a test run.

I've gotten too many action figures to name since my last post, but I'm glad to say that I finally found FotR Moria Sam. Thought I'd NEVER find him!

There was something else too... Oh yes! I FINALLY found an LotR poster. Aragorn, RotK. I must say, a larger than life portrait of the rightful king of Gondor above my headboard is not what I expected, but I am very pleased all the same.

By the way, Raefindel, I like that cloak you pictured above!