The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2003, 02:19 PM   #361
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
a stick with a pine cone on the end as a mace
The pine cone is now severely broken as a result of you using your "Sauron mace" to whack elves and men (the door and the wall).
I really scare myself.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:48 AM   #362
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

You nearly kill the gardener as a result of practicing archery in your backyard. (Poor guy!)

You climb up onto your roof during a garden party that your parents had for their friends, and started screeching "Precioussss...My Precioussss..." over and over again.

You do almost all the things that have been mentioned on this list.

You are starting to resemble a Hobbit since all you do is sit in front of the computer, read, watch LotR, and eat lembas bread.

You try to carve the tip of your ear into a point and give yourself a skin infection. (I realized that Swiss Army Knives are NOT good for self-mutilation! It took a month to heal!)

Try to sneak in a photograph of the Professor in your little shrine thingie on stage when you do your Indian Classical Dance debut. (I tried! I honestly tried!)

Claim that you are no longer Hindu, you are Valarin and your parents can no longer make you go to temples.

Have a shrine to all your action figurines in your room, and light candles on all the anniversaries of special days in the Tale of Years.

Oh dear, I'm starting to scare myself.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 09:39 AM   #363
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Oh dear, I'm starting to scare myself.
Welcome to the club. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
5. You socialize more with other tolkien fans on the net, and socialize less in real life.

28. You have seen fotr (the movie) for more than a hundred times, (since the two towers is not out on stores yet, but you have seen it in theatres for 5 times anyway)
Above and beyond guilty of that first one; except when I can find someone at school who's just as obsessed as me.... only happened once, kinda sad, really....

Also guilty of the second one, and I can improve on it....

~You are obsessed when you go to see Two Towers 5 times in the first two weeks after it came out. *I can even count off mine: opening day, the next Saturday, the next Monday, then Friday, and Saturday.* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Go me!

Hey! Happy 700th Post to me!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 06-16-2003, 09:48 AM   #364
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

You start singing "A Elbereth Gilthoniel" in the middle of the theater because you just met a Tolkien Scholar from Houston who also came to see TTT.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:39 AM   #365
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

You shoot your friends with your home made bow. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I hope they dont mind pain. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Finwe, how can you be turning into an elf and a hobbit? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
(havent actually done this one): In football, you purposefully kick the ball about ten metres wide of your friend just to provoke the reply: "you cannot pass"
Old 06-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #366
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
In football, you purposefully kick the ball about ten metres wide of your friend just to provoke the reply: "you cannot pass"
*snork* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #367
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
Boots

"The list goes ever on and on,
Down from the topic where it began.
Now many pages the list has formed,
Post on it the obsessed-ones can."
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~You go to the craft section of Walmart and walk up and down the fake flower isle for hours.When asked what you are doing you tell people you are "Wondering the paths of Mirkwood", just like Bilbo. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

EDIT~You have officially proclaimed December, "Ringer Month", and have already started making preperations for the "festivities".

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: Vuelve ]
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:39 AM   #368
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Well, when I meant hobbit, I meant that I'm starting to get slightly on the pudgy side unless I start exercising. Pretty much all I do is sit in front of the computer, watch LotR or LotR-related things, and read Tolkien-related books.

As for the Elf part, it's in one of the earlier posts, use the nifty thing called a scroll bar on the side of the page.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:14 PM   #369
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

I am now officially scared.

A Swiss army knife for elven ears? That's just...frightening. (of course, who am I to talk? As soon as I have the money, I'm going to have Elven ears by way of plastic surgery.)

Your best friend has you to even mention LotR, ever. She is sick and tired of "My preciousss" and "You cannot pass!" What's scary is...so am I. (must read the Silm again to get more obscure quotes.)
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:26 PM   #370
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

You absolutly have to buy the reservation of the TTT at Hastings, just because.

You are disapointed to see the Extended version in the Used DVD section of Hastings.

You are now obsessed with both LOTR and Alcie in Wonderland.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #371
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
As soon as I have the money, I'm going to have Elven ears by way of plastic surgery.
Right on, Tinuviel! Those are my plans too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 12:03 PM   #372
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Plasic Surgery! Dude. I guess I am lame, i was thinking more alomg the lines of the costume and theatre shop down the road. Then I can just buy prosthetics.

You decided to go to school in an Elf costume, just because you are borde(SP).

Not to mention you want of contacts and dental surgury(not for the crooked teeth, but to keep them from getting worse. Not to mention to lessen pain). Although you are thinking of just being of the race of man and pretending to be the decendant of Aragorn and Arwen.......

Youre obsessed grandmother keeps buying you elven and hobbit cloths, although she buys them in the wrong colors. I hate sparly stuff..... Although the last dress she baught was the right color,black, it me fits in the hips and is too big in the top!!!! I am turning into a Hobbit!!! AAAAHHHHHHH! I guess it can't be all that bad. I mean I am getting fat.

You are concidering cheacking out a copy of the Hobbit on tape and dubing a tape for your self at work....
Old 06-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #373
TolkienFreak14

Sting

I always scare myself. And don't get plastic surgery, because it is dangerous, and if you died nobody would beable to see your elven ears....or you could do it and live and be a freak forever. Oh yeah! how you know you are obessed and crazy things I do.

1. You have a replica of most all the swords, rings, armour,bows, ect. from the books. (i brought my sword to school, i was suspended for a week)

2. people fear when they go even near you that they are going to have to listen you you ramble on about tolkien and books and ect.

3. You get very mad when people don't celebrate Middle Earth's holidays.

4. You go by the Shire's calender.

5. Everyghing you do is tolkien related and sometimes people just want to KILL you.

6. Your public library is always low on Tolkien books.

7. people now have a fear of crows, or at least a fear of you shouting "Crebain (or however you spell it) from Dundland!"

8. If an average non freaky non tolkien person read this (the whole topic) they would think everybody wrote this about you.

Okay, this is all i can think of, and i will post if i think of more. I know i can't spell, this stuff may suck, but it is all stuff i do so if you say this sucks i suck, if you make any comment about this paragraph at the end i will be mad..... *keeps talking*
Old 06-17-2003, 12:20 PM   #374
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When your playing cards with your family, and somehow you manage to misquote two movies at onece, and say (in Gollum's voice) "I'll get you my precioussss, and your little Ring too!"
Old 06-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #375
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

or, " Thief Baggins! we hates it forever, gllum" and " we wants it, my Precious, we needs it my Precious." All in the wicked witch of the West voice(belive me it is an inherated trait in my family).
Old 06-18-2003, 09:04 AM   #376
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I have an idea! Why don't we all get together, kidnap a few plastic surgeons, and all get pointy ears?!?!?! That would be the perfect solution to all our problems.

Now, the only thing left is to get my hands on some height-increasing pills!
Old 06-18-2003, 02:27 PM   #377
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Now, the only thing left is to get my hands on some height-increasing pills!

Dont worry Finwe! We Indians are generally short. In fact, we could be hobbits together!
I already have a bow (albeit a rubbish homemade one) all I need now is green or yellow clothing. Oh, and maybe a larger appetite.
This isnt a sign of LotR obsession, but its a sign of madness. Ive started talking to my arrows.
All fear the short Indian hobbits!
Old 06-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #378
Minyataurien
Pile O'Bones

Minyataurien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You paint your closet door with glow-in-the dark paint with the likeness of the doors of Moria and claim it can only be opened in the moonlight...
You eat six meals a day...
You celebrate on March 25 because it is the downfall of Sauron...
You hold two ignorant birds in your hand and you shout, "Fly you fools!"...
You critize your dog by saying, "If only Huan could see you."...
Every time someone says Luther High School you think they are saying Luthien High School...
Old 06-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #379
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Quote:
This isnt a sign of LotR obsession, but its a sign of madness. Ive started talking to my arrows.
Started? I never stopped (talking to inanimate objects, I don't have arrows [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

Anyway...

When someone asks you to share your ice cream, you hiss "It's miiine. My preciousss..."

Ditto for cookies, candy, etc.

You pick up random, vaguely ring-shaped objects and start talking to them, calling them "Preciousss" (mustn't forget the "sss" part of that word)

When someone doesn't get your random Gollum quotes, you throw a fit and explain the whole saga from the Ainulindale to RotK. (Yes, I have done that. The poor guy was quite confused. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 07:11 PM   #380
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. You have a FOTR day calandar and you have cut out and saved all the pictures
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I was the only one!
Not by any means. I go pyscho if someone else touches my calender and I keep all the pictures in a little clear sheet. Eventually I'm going to scan most of them and do other things with my precious pictures.

There was something else someone said that made me want to shout "Comrade", but I've forgotten it.

I am definitely insane.

~ Elentari II
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:59 AM   #381
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Some kids at the book store are making fun of elves so you say Toroiel and walk off laughing as they look on perpelxed.

you nearly buy the twenty dollar FOTR game but decide that it can wait till after the oil change and insurance. But yopu vow that it will realy be after helping the BD but that is when I get paid.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:43 AM   #382
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

couldn't read all these posts through so don't know if this is allready said:i do my notes using tengwar at school
Old 06-19-2003, 11:51 AM   #383
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Quote:
Started? I never stopped (talking to inanimate objects, I don't have arrows )
I talk to inanimate objects all the time. They listwen much better than people. And I also have no arrows. Read my earlier posts on page nine to find out about their creation!
Old 06-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #384
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Tolkien

you know your obseesed when you watch the movie and your saying the lines before frodo or anybody says them
Old 06-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #385
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

hello, Maikadurwen, welcome to the downs. Enjoy being dead [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
You know your obsessed when writing that no longer sems strange to you.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #386
Maikadurwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Silmaril

you know your obsessed when you start thinking biscuts are lembas

your and your fellow lotr friends are pretending to kill orcs with popsicle sticks

when you wear a the one ring thats tied to the frodo and sam bookmark everywhere

when somebody mispronounces a word off the lotr books or movies you tell them off in quenya and them politley correct them

when you wont let anyone one on the computer because your too busy posting stuff on the downs
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ( ive done all of these guilty truly guilty)
Old 06-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #387
Maikadurwen
Wight

Sting

mea govannen
Old 06-19-2003, 06:48 PM   #388
Maikadurwen
Wight

Ring you know your obsessed with lotr part 2

you know your obsessed when accidentlly shoot your other lotr best friend with your homemade bow and arrows

when you are muttering the lines off the movies in your sleep

when you put clear rubber band s at the top of your ears to make them pointy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #389
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Ring

Quote:
when you put clear rubber band s at the top of your ears to make them pointy
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I actually did this, now my ears hurt!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Or when you refuse to take off your "one ring" neclace when people ask you to.

or when the password for your computer is mellon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 08:47 PM   #390
Mippin
Pile O'Bones

Mippin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mippin
Sting

Quote:
Or when you refuse to take off your "one ring" neclace when people ask you to.
Yes, exactly... because if we takes it off.... they will steal our preciousss!!!!!
Mippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #391
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you emit a Nazgul screech after someone says something bad about LotR.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 04:02 AM   #392
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You pretend/believe you are actually married to a character.

I am married to Denethor, obviously, and I actually do tell people this. Our second child and first daughter was born just a couple of weeks back.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:58 AM   #393
Maikadurwen
Wight

Silmaril

you know your obsessed when you go explore the woods behind your house thinking its mirkwood
Old 06-20-2003, 09:11 AM   #394
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you are truly obsessed with LOTR when:

-you're wondering why your teacher doesn't turn to stone when the sun rises.

-At a party you start dancing like Frodo at Bilbo's birthday party.

-You get plastic surgery to have pointy ears.

sorry if any of these were allready done...
[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #395
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

elen sila lumen omentilvo, Maikadurwen, and welcome to the downs!

Yet another lame one!

You know your obssessed when you keep muttering songs in elvish, with the melodys that you made up! (I've had some very strange looks from strangers in the street. Who blames them?)

When you write elvish insults to your teacher on the board in the mornng!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:43 AM   #396
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, I though i was the only one! I'm 'married' to Legolas, if you haven't guessed by now.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:48 AM   #397
Maikadurwen
Wight

Ring

ME TO IM "MARRIED" TO FRODO
Old 06-20-2003, 11:54 AM   #398
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Or when someone mentions Santa's Elves...

THEY'RE GNOMES, DANG IT!
Old 06-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #399
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Our second child and first daughter was born just a couple of weeks back.
Oh Meela, congratulations!

You know you're obsessed with LotR when.... you compliment other people on their obsessions
Old 06-20-2003, 02:26 PM   #400
Maikadurwen
Wight

Silmaril

you know your obssesed when you spend as much time as i do on this website

when you watch tv instead of whatever your watching you start seeing frodo and the the other members of the fellowship on the screen

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]