The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2003, 07:02 AM   #41
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have to say i do most things on the list.
How about....
a)You never let anyone else touch your LOTRs books.
b) you always have a tolkien book in your bag
c) you have decorated your bedroom to look like Rivendell
d) you convienced your brother his bedroom does look better with the doors of durin attached to the door.
e) your english teacher gives in and lets you decorate the room with LOTRs displays knowing that if she did it(and did it wrong) you'd get cross!
f) you tell everyone the date in S.R
g)you eat Lembas and other LOTR food for lunch.
h)you throw a new year party on March 20.
i) you own more than one elven dress
j)You judge what to wear by.. would an elf wear this
k)your school bag has an elven greeting in tengwar on it!(this ones great cause everyone asks what it says and then gives you wierd looks!)
l) your dad calls you his 'little elf maiden', and in school your know as 'that mad elf girl'.
I have to admit i've done all of these!!
Old 01-18-2003, 09:41 AM   #42
Ainahithiel of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Ainahithiel of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I think there's 3 that I have not done yet.

When you attempt to make lembas, and ask your mother for the magics of the elves.

when you try to make a hithlain rope from strips of bark

when you write Lord of the Rings fan fiction

When people no longer give you wierd looks when you shout out some curse in elvish.

When you spend your break arguing about Lord of the Rings with non-believers

When your mother thinks you need to a phycatrist because you keep talking about Lord of the Rings

When you've actually hurt someone for saying Lord of the Rings sucks

guilty, guilty, through and through

you guys do realize how sad this is? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2003, 10:05 AM   #43
Artalwen
Haunting Spirit

Artalwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Artalwen
Sting

Arelendil, I'm going to exaggerate on this one.

Quote:
f) you tell everyone the date in S.R
When people ask you what the day is today, you tell them...in S.R.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When you can quote the entire fellowship movie...including deleted and added footege in the dvd...AND the entired towers movie, all in one sitting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
-verse from a song found in 'The Hobbit'-
Artalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:28 PM   #44
bug

Tolkien

wow! i have done quite a few of these things, although i feel kinda...left out still. oh, well, anyway here are some of mine:

you totally understand everything on the list.
you even pretended to get extremely upset when some one tells you that middle earth has never been real
you find out some of your family tree to see if you are related to on of the cahracters....(i'm related to a king named theoden!) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 07:57 PM   #45
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Shield

-For Superhero day you dress up as a hobbit and get permission from a teacher to whack all the people who insult your costume with your walking stick.
-You make your way to the front of the huge crowd running to get to their lockers in the morning, start walking reeeeally slowly, and yell, "Don't be hasty!"
-No one gets scared anymore when you run up behind someone and go, "gollum, gollum"
-All the evil people that you call mumakil and ulaers are starting to understand what all the things you say in elvish mean
-You labeled all the places on your Geography assignment as places in Middle Earth
-Your teacher is so used to hearing when they talk that "there is a fell voice on the air" that you dont get in trouble anymore
-You are mad at your brother because at his school, instead of lunch, they have elevensies
-You hear and correct even the slightest LotR spelling errors by other people, even if they are on the other side of the lunchroom
-You firmly believe and insist that all the other books that someone else reads has things in it that the author copied from LotR (even if it was written before)

Guilty, guilty, through and through
Old 01-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #46
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Well,

Lucky me. I have elvensies to. And every time we have a break (at eleven 'o clock hahaha) My friends get to hear that it is elevensies. I like to quote Pippin at times like that.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
WEED MAPS

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:35 PM   #47
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

Quote:
you even pretended to get extremely upset when some one tells you that middle earth has never been real
Pretend?!?! come ON,that's not obsessive! Actually getting upset, however...
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:49 PM   #48
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed when...

1) We were watching "Signs" the other night and when Mel Gibson is running through the corn field looking for his children, he stops and looks up and down the rows - at which point my son piped up with, "Mr. Frodo? Frodo? Frodo!)

2) During a Jets/Packers game a couple weeks ago, my five-year-old daughter pointed to Shawn Mills (who sports a very large head of dreadlocks) and said, "Hey, look Mommy, they have an Uruk-hai on their team!"
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:19 PM   #49
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

This is the first post I've made, and the second topic I've read, but oh...you guys are awesome! I'm desparetely trying to grow my hair again (it got cut extremely short because of unavoidable circumstances) so I can put it in an Elvish hair-style - meanwhile I constantly try to persuade my best friend to let me put her hair up into Elvish styles - I have a white horse (although I have no gear) so I got Kementari to let me put her hair up Arwen-style and get on the horse so I could take a photo. ("Noro lim, Asfaloth, noro lim!")

I know I'm obsessed because when I go to other people's places and I talk about LOTR non-stop - Mum's getting worried about this, so I'm trying not to mention LOTR, merely to listen to other subjects, but that's harder than it sounds <g> - and the mother of those particular friends says 'You're not talking about Lord of the Rings again, are you?'

Also, my birthday's in December, so at the end of 2001 "Please I don't want any other present, I don't care if I don't get any Christmas ones either but I must have that cd, oh please it can be both my birthday and Christmas present but please, please, please I must have that soundtrack...etc." This was for the FOTR. I watched TTT to celebrate my birthday a year after that episode - the next day, after church, I went and bought the soundtrack. I got banned last year from listening to FOTR soundtrack more than once a day...I was soon able to re-live all of the scenes by the music.

This, I fear, will be an extremely long post, but...I keep hearing lines from the movie while people are talking about something else, and then my brain will automatically live out the next parts. Every time I do the dishes, and I'm washing a bottle/can/cup..."The mirror shows many things...etc." Also when I put chlorine in the pool and I'm rinsing the jug.

Any time at all that I can possibly use lines frrom either the book or the movie I do so. Kem calls me LOTR-obsessed - I say "Guilty!"

I go to a park (BTW, I live in NZ) and I hold up the hand as if to find a particular photo-shot..."Look, Lothlorien/ Cerin Amroth /Anduin / the Ford"(BTW, I've been to the actual place where Rivendell, Ford, Anduin, Isen were all filmed...and I've been to the exhibition, which I'm going to again in February)

Anyway, I'm guilty of a lot of the previously mentioned charges...including the printing out of fifty pages of Quenya (and that's only lessons 1-5!).

I probably shouldn't have written such a long post, but now I have two questions - who stole my 'Elentari' and who already used 'Rebekah'? "They're mine, they stoles them froms us, nasty theiving Bagginses, my preciouss..."

Lots of love and God bless,

Elentari (aka Bekah)

P.S. I went to a horse camp this summer simply because I wanted to ride like the Elves...I've got a long way to go though before I can ride like Legolas. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

P.P.S. You know you're obsessed when you

a) Buy a chocolate bar merely because it has a picture of Arwen and 'The Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers' written on it.

b) Agree to pay for your little brother's TTT movie ticket merely because you want someone new to discuss the movie vrs. books with.
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:13 PM   #50
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Shield

Where do you find 50 pages of Quenya lessons to print???? The paper would be worth it.

Just imagine: answering people (teachers, friends, strangers....) in Quenya. Fun fun fun...
Old 01-20-2003, 08:33 PM   #51
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

There's a website called 'Ardalambion' - if you simply type in Ardalambion.com, without worrying about the 'www', you should be able to reach it...otherwise, if you can't, I'll get the proper link and send it.

God bless,

Bekah
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #52
Marillanna Sarnie
Pile O'Bones

Marillanna Sarnie has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

You know you're obsessed when
- you read lists like these, and find yourself agreeing with many of the points
- English class becomes a realm of possibilities for fun! (I did a parody of a Hamlet soliloquy - think "Samlet" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
- More LOTR driving games! If you can't shout "Fly you fools" because the traffic is too fast, play "YOU CANNOT PASS!"

LOL. My friends have said I'm way beyond obsessed now..... not that it's a bad thing!
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 03:18 PM   #53
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
-When you start spotting similarities between LotR and an opera by Wagner. I swear, it's true! The Ring Circle by Wagner.
There are similarities, and for good reason. Tolkein and Wagner used the same legends.
YOu know you're obsessed when you know random facts like that and the fact that Tolkein was bitten by a tarantula when he was 2

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Galenfea of Mirkwood. ]
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:14 PM   #54
raci
Animated Skeleton

raci has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to raci Send a message via AIM to raci
Silmaril

You visit threads like this to get ideas!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #55
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I guess I'm not quite as crazy as most of you guys (kidding,kidding! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) But I do have an elven dress, I have superglued myears into points, I make up elven namesfor people, I correct spelling, talk about it constantly, fan-art and fan-fics, and I even look like Arwen! (Liv) I even scare myself sometimes... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Hirilaelin

P.S. RATE ME PLEASE! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #56
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

I got a big kick out of these (guilty):
Quote:
you eat Lembas and other LOTR food for lunch.
you own more than one elven dress
you judge what to wear by.. would an elf wear this
I can add:
Things that you scoffed at owning or collecting just a year ago are slowly starting to accumulate on your shelves... "Bookmarks? Bookends? What would I want those for?" (blush)
You have more maps and illustrations printed out than you have room for on your office walls
You experiment with Lembas recipes looking for results that will really travel and keep well
You walk around your neighborhood wondering whether Frodo would enjoy it here
You wonder where Frodo would want to go hiking in your town if he did visit
You take up archery because it's elvish
You buy only jewelry that looks elvish
Anytime you walk into a store you only buy clothes that you think a hobbit or elf would wear
Your shopping buddy says, "I know, I know-- not elvish enough. But how about this? Isn't THIS elvish enough??"
You buy corderoy jackets and vests because they're almost like Frodo's velvet ones-- and you wear them to work with Capri leggings, sandals, and of course a ring on a necklace-- at least once a week
You start carrying apples in your (corderoy) jacket pockets because Merry would too
You start thinking of your Poland Springs water bottle as essential for travel through Mordor
You start collecting various editions of the trilogy for the cover art
Your best friend went to FOTR three times with you even though "the monsters were scary" because she knew that was all you really wanted to see
You've written enough fanfiction that people can't keep your various hobbits straight
Your spouse asks "What are you thinking?" and then when he sees your mischievous smile he says "Oh-- that. Nevermind."
Your spouse looks searchingly into your eyes and asks, "Can't we-- please-- talk about something else?"
Old 01-22-2003, 04:47 PM   #57
hobbit punk
Haunting Spirit

hobbit punk has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lets see, I have all the action figures from the Fellowship of the Ring(a lack of funds has prevented the purchase of the Two Towers figures and I am an honest person [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), and flew into a rage when I first saw the Two Towers at the horrendous changes that were made, spent over $100 just going to see the Fellowship of the Ring, hear the music in my head, can picture exactly what is happening in the movie as the music plays, and have a boyfriend who wears the one ring! Little does he know that the precious is just within my grasp....... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #58
Lady Of Light
Animated Skeleton

Lady Of Light has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Lady Of Light Send a message via AIM to Lady Of Light
Sting

Here's a new one!

When you and your friends take turns shooting hoops, and every time you make one you gain a characteristic or piece of gear for your favorite character. I have Eowyn's pretty clothes and her swordfighting skills! Good luck on the hair, Kevie!

Also, when you don't get your way you take a commanding tone of voice and say, "Do you dare defy Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of the Mark? Behold her terrible fury and grace!"
Old 01-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #59
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you and your friends invent a new drinking game to go along with FotR DVD. You (if you're over 21 of course) must do a shot (preferrably tequila but JB will do if you're out of limes [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) everytime...

a hobbit cries
a black rider shows up
someone smokes a pipe
Frodo puts on the Ring (not tries to, mind you)
Frodo falls down
Legolas' eyes change color
someone says mithril
etc., etc.

I can't quite remember if we've ever made it to the 2nd disc.
[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 12:22 AM   #60
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Guilty, guilty, guilty. I am obsessed.

Quote:
-Getting very upset when someone picks up your book with out asking let alone attempting read the front cover.
Here's my story on that: One day a guy comes over to my desk and picks up my TT book. "What's this?" he asked. "Is it Harry Potter? 'Cuz it's got some evil writing on it." The guy then attempted to read the ring inscrption.

"No, you idiot! It's Lord of the Ringd: The Two Towers!" I pointed to the bold text on the cover.

"Well, then what does that say?" he asked, pointing to the Black Speech.

"Would you like me to read it in the Common Speech or the Black Speech?"

"Huh?"

"In the Black Speeck it says, 'Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul; ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.'"

"What?!"

In my best Ian Mckellen voice I said, "In the Common Tongue it says, 'One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them; one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'" Then I showed him my Science binder adorned with the Black Speech. He was really freaked out.

Quote that this reminded me of:

Sauron to HP: So you put your curses inside your books? Dude, that's EVIL.
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:31 PM   #61
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
lol Eressië. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I get called a Lordy, and my friends know exactly what I'm thinking when I am looking off into space or something. Whenever anybody says, "Neither do I," I always say, "Keep it secret. Keep it safe." My best friend, who doesn't like LotR, knows like half the lines now because of me saying them. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, I have a tendency to write, "NAZGUL!", and "Yrch!" all over my binders and stuff whenever I am bored. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 05:14 PM   #62
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
Sting

some things i have done..
1>write my elf/hobbit/dwarf/.... name in my text book or on my papers.
2>you tell people the date in S.R. and how many days till ROTK (269 on the day of this post hehe)
3>gallop around on your horse holding a flag pretending your a rider of the mark or you pretend to fight orcs......the posibilities are endless.
4>ramble on and on about LOTR to your friends
5>take your elvish to school and study it rather than your lessons.
6>qoute LOTR in common speech,elvish,black speech.....
7>you steal other BDers ideas on how to annoy people, insult people.........
8>you find out the things relating to LOTR you do are perfectly normal. (just found this out.)

LOL im a sad sad case , but i like it that way. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:46 PM   #63
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

1) When you start counting down to RotK before TTT is even in theaters yet.

2) When you can here someone mispronounce a LotR name from at least thirty feet away.

3) When you've frightened someone to tears because you overheard them relating faulty information about LotR.

4) When your teachers give you homework assignments, you mutter, "Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?"

5) When you see the movie at least five times in the first two weeks after it came out.

6) When you have resorted to hanging your new LotR posters/pics on your ceiling because there's no room left on your walls.

7) When there's no room left on your ceiling either.

Yes, I am guilty of all of these...
Old 03-24-2003, 07:52 PM   #64
Nessamelda

Sting

You know you're obsessed when you walk in the hall and see those people you don't like and shout Orcs! and when you do your hair in braids like Legolas has. (spider braid i do)
Old 03-24-2003, 08:23 PM   #65
Carorëiel
Haunting Spirit

Carorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You write an essay about LotR for your creative essay class (perhaps bad enough in and of itself) and frighten your professor by reading the Black Speech inscription from the Ring more fluently than English when you read the essay aloud in class. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 10:18 PM   #66
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

269? Thought it was 268...

I have to say that I replied 'yes' to nearly all of these. My friend spelled Merry 'Mary' and Mordor 'Mordour'. I got the teensiest bit ticked off at her. Who am I kidding, I flipped!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:58 PM   #67
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

You know you're obsessed with LotR when your friend asks you something about Aragorn and/or Arwen and you can (and do) launch into a total explanation of what happens to them, how they are related, and all the different components in their bloodlines. (I did this at church the other day and scared a bunch of people so bad they haven't spoken to me since....)
Old 03-25-2003, 08:59 PM   #68
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You know you're obsessed when you want to buy one of those big tote bags so you can carry the LotR trilogy where ever you go.

No, I don't want to do that... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 06:52 PM   #69
Haelothiel
Animated Skeleton

Haelothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

a)You think there should be self-help tapes "You are a strong and graceful elf." b)When you wish that heaven turns out to be like ME.
c)When your friends who don't like LOTR ask "What happened on the Downs yesterday?" cuz they know they're going to find out anyway.
d)You ask random people if they would rather be a hobbit or an elf.
e)Whenever your math teacher enters you mutter "mornie...yrch!"
Old 03-28-2003, 12:16 AM   #70
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

ARE YOU GUYS SPYING ON ME OR WHAT?!?!

Quote:
You write an essay about LotR for your creative essay class (perhaps bad enough in and of itself) and frighten your professor by reading the Black Speech inscription from the Ring more fluently than English when you read the essay aloud in class.
You're right... perhaps that was a bad idea...
Old 03-28-2003, 05:03 AM   #71
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like that maths teacher-mornie-yrch one thats useful I will use it next time my maths teacher comes in the room...

I got one:
When you teach your little 6 year old cousin all the characters from the Lord of the Rings and she can act them all out perfectly.
(try this one, it's cute)
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:01 AM   #72
bragolheledion
Pile O'Bones

bragolheledion has just left Hobbiton.
you know you are obsessed when:
*you wander around your school asking directions to rivendell and moria
*your freinds are scared to bring any food that has fish in it because of your "gollumisque" side
*you are sent to the principals office for stealing a kids can of tuna
*you learn to write in dwarvish and scribble obscene sentances on the blackboards
*for a science assignment you try to make the one ring
*you and a freind re-enact lotr and the honnit to the point where you dissappear for days on end
*everytime someone asks your name you qoute "mr. underhill"
*you poke yourself in the eye whilst trying to make a miniture version of sting
*you begin talking in third person perspective
*you get kicked out of your japanese class after the principle walked past and you yelled "ai ai the balrog has come".
*your teachers know you by your elvish name.
*you call teachers by lotr character name they most resemble.
*your teachers know your orcish name
*you attemted to form an army of orcs with your freinds at school but ended up with bloodnoses and scared nerds.
*your teachers call you smeagol.
*the bookshop owners children are going through colledge thanks to you and J.R.R's books
*you read stuff like this

yeah i know they aint that good but considering what i normally say it's gold.
my ramblings

an awesome story my freind is writing.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:15 PM   #73
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

*sniffles a little* I HATE being sick...naturally, I'm wishing for Aragorn and/or Elrond right now. Then I would have been better, hopefully before today.(I missed my chorus festival)
oh dear...I'm not as alone as I thought. my Gym folder and my binder are both covered in LotR stuff. My notebooks are full of LotR doodles. Silver paint pens are a wonderful thing. (added bonus is that they're silver--think ithildin) *sneezes and coughs at the same time* ow...
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:27 PM   #74
Nessamelda

Silmaril

i do like all of that! everyones like "dude if you say anything about LOTR again your goin' down" like once i was listening to #13 on Fellowship soundtrack and out of nowhere i yelled "GANDALF!"
Old 03-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #75
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I know I'm obsessed because...

-I wrote a realistic fan fiction as a french assignment.
-I wish day in and day out that Elijah or Orlando will come by and take me to middle earth.(Highschool is soo boring)
-I ask for the extended Lotr books for b-day and xmas instead of money.
-My friends and I have long meaningful arguments every morning on various details.
-I've learned BY MY SELF the soundtrack on piano and trumpet and recorder.(All the parts too) and play them often to the music
-I can't sleep without my soundtrack music.
-I attempt to draw hobbits in their natural suroundings.

I love this book!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 12:13 AM   #76
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

WYou're obsessed when you have
LoTR book (in 2 languages)
the Silmarillion (in 2 languages)
The Hobbit (also in 2 languages)
Unfinished tales
Tolkein encyclopedia
Both soundtracks
The DVD of FOTR with all the specials
The sheet music
Symphony #1 (LOTR) by Johan de Mij
When you drive your family crazy with LOTR lore and quotes and your friends too
When the first fan fiction you have ever written is a Tolkein one
When you read the book every year
etc......
Old 03-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #77
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You know you're obsessed when you want to see the 3rd HP movie just because you know there'll be a RotK trailer in it.

*runs away from flying tomatoes*
Old 03-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #78
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I had my first LOTR dream last night but I realized that other LOTR characters have walked through my dreams.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:47 PM   #79
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

I got the TTT soundtrack the day it came out!!

Quote:
like once i was listening to #13 on Fellowship soundtrack and out of nowhere i yelled "GANDALF!"
I do that all the time!! And you know you're obsessed when you know exactly what track #13 is, and exactly what it sounds like. And you know right where to say 'GANDALF!!'
Old 03-29-2003, 10:44 PM   #80
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, whenever any of my friends are on top of a hill, someone takes a turn in saying. "This hill is so high... I can see Mordor form here!"

And the other day, my boyfriend and I were out in the surf, and the waves were really flat and he says to me. "we really need that elf chick here to get the swell up".. meaning that he was reffering to the Flight to the ford scene where Arwen washes away the ringwraiths, I thought it was so cute!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote