The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #41
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Location: At the Gates of Morannon, waiting for the Great Battle
Tintalle has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hello I'm Tintalle. I'm a Tolkien addict. I also read other SCIFI/Fantasy novels, but unfortunately, I sense a lotta "clones" in the genre. I mean, most of the books definitely came out when LOTR was already making history, and when you read these you know they borrowed it (and HP is no exception, and so is Star Wars - though it's a movie). So even if the thread practically tells me to get a life aside from Tolkien, I say what's out there that's gonna top this one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] !!

I can name several Tolkien plagiarists but I don't wanna get sued just yet
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ! Tolkien's the original and the best. An author with initials R.J. should be thrown into the pits of Utumno.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #42
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Hi, my name is arianrod (*random people say "Hi, arianrod" unenthusiastically*), and I'm a Tolkien Addict.

I rather enjoy it, though. Actually, I don't want help out of it. So... why am I even here then? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #43
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Tolkien

Hello to all! My name is Nehani, I live in the middle of no where, I talk to trees (they talk back), and I have spread the wonder of Tolkien to three of my friends. I do not want to be changed back, I like the way I am. I think I am a Ranger, and I can survive alone in the woods if I wanted to. I do need help, though, for I cannot focus on school when there is LOTR to think about. I need to control my mind!

Nehani, hermit of MY forest

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:35 PM   #44
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I saw Bilbo and Frodo in my school library again! I really think I need more sleep. Elves may have been able to survive on 2-3 hours of sleep per night, but Humans definitely can't (at least without getting serious side-effects, like LotR hallucinations). The other day, I also sworn I could have seen Aragorn in this little orange grove by our school. He was busily engaged in picking oranges and bundling them up underneath his duster. As I passed by in my school bus, he waved to me!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*slinks off to find psychiatric help*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:47 PM   #45
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So long since I've posted here...

Quote:
What does tapioca look like? Isn't one of those ever moaned about old school dinner things??????
Tapioca is what I looked like during the sem break: no 'Downs, no person to talk to; just me, the book, the TV, the remote, and the snacks...oh, I forgot the notebook for random post thoughts.

So much for multitasking...

Quote:
. I was at the point of feeling bad about it, when I found the Barrows, just in time.
A hearty Amen to that! No freaking addict to understand you within 300 miles...until...

Quote:
alam nyo inggit ako sa inyo. maraming tolkien fans ang naririyan sa bansa niyo,at madali kayong makakahanap ng kausap na tungkol sa Gitnang-Mundo.
Kababayan! There's a Barrowdowners from the Asia? thread at Barrowdowns, yavanna II. Come and visit there! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And no, Elentari, we're not Turkish.

But now, back to topic. School's back, and it's now time to be called an LotR freak before the week ends. Tough job, but I hope I'll manage.

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->banakil on mumakil
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:37 PM   #46
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have come to the realization that I am a Tolkien forums addict. I spend way too much time on the computer. Many people can say they spend too much time on the computer, but I go online for the sole purpose of visiting Tolkien forums. I think I need help.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:20 PM   #47
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've been given yet more time restrictions because I'm on here too much [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but at least I'm getting some of my work done as well. I think I may be improving a little! I'm working on balancing my time and what I do with it, so I still come on here about 6 times a day, but I also do at least one other thing.

I'm still no hope when it comes to scraping me away from Denethor, though.

2000th post! Wooohooo!

[ November 13, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 11-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #48
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

(Congratulations Meela! I'm trying for 2000 also!)

I'm so extremely addicted to this forum that I cannot sleep at night without signing on at least once throughout the day. I really need help, but I enjoy having psychiatric problems! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:12 AM   #49
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

With problems like ours, who need sanity? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Congrats on your 2000th post.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:05 PM   #50
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well done Meela!

I don't need help! I'm not insane! Or even sane, depending on how you think about it! *Sits in a corner muttering something including the words 'Sam' and 'Saucepan'*

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #51
Firneldiel Of The Goldenwood

Sting

Good day to you all, My name is Firneldiel, I think that i have a serious obsession with Lotr and Tolkien....but i guess that it is a good thing!! I can't go one minute without thinking about LOTR or the characters in it....I have to have it around me and i constantly write "frodo lives" on my fingernails...although i don't think that i have a problem....

:twitch: LOTR :twitch: OBSESSED
Old 11-27-2003, 12:26 AM   #52
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If I am an addict...then what?
Old 11-27-2003, 02:53 AM   #53
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

I know...free cookies!
Old 12-01-2003, 03:22 PM   #54
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

At last, after countless days of scearching, I've found an Avatar! I couldn't find Mt. Doom, so I went with Sir Pyro-Balrog, and we've since become good friends. I have a passion for Balrogs, not un-like Meela's passion for Denethor. I don't know why, or how, but Balrogs do it for me as nothing else does. Hobbits are cool, Elves are awsome, but Balrogs, Balrogs are the best!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #55
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Then, pyro-clastic, I'm assuming you have a mini-balrog? I do, he's called Bombur! Thanks to the whole thing about Boromir the Disco King, I can now link even more conversation topics to LOTR...my poor, poor friends. Oh well...
Old 12-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #56
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

If sane means making perfect grades, having tons of extracurricular activites, and being annoyingly popular, then I'm proud to be INSANE!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #57
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I get pretty good grades (grammar school), do loads out of school (piano, organ, skating), but I'm not overly popular. What does that make me? In-betweeny???
Old 12-03-2003, 07:02 PM   #58
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Elentari, you can be proud to be popular here at the Barrows. There's no better crowd to a be a part of than the LOTR gang. Would we be addicted if there was nothing to be addicted to? I NEED to have people aroud me that encourage and enlighten me. Most of my friends understand that I'm a freak, but they don't share my enthusiam. I think they're missing out big time. So Forth Erolings! to us all!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #59
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Quote:
What does that make me? In-betweeny???
It makes you normal. Well, as normal as a Tolkien addict can be. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:32 PM   #60
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

HELP ME!!! I'm turning into a Denethor!!!

So, I was riding this train...then suddenly, I get jostled and jingled and katzenjammered. I think to myself...Must be nice to burn this train, since burn we all must.

Tell me, am I beyond cure?

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->Elenrod the morbid