The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2002, 05:56 PM   #81
Uialellethwen
Animated Skeleton

Location: The Depths of Her Insane Mind, British Columbia, Canada
Uialellethwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh... There were a lot of sad parts in it. But then again, there were a lot of funny parts too... I always cry at the part where Gandy dies. It's so sad. And then again at the end. Very sad.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:27 AM   #82
Orodoliel
Haunting Spirit

Orodoliel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I cried more at the end each time i went to see the film. I also cried when Gandalf died.<P>I laughed a lot at the start when Merry and Pippin were playing with the fireworks.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:03 AM   #83
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I cried the entire ending. I don't know why I couldn't stop but once Boromir got hit with that first arrow I just started sobbing. My friend was telling me to try to be quiet but I kept like snapping at her to shut up. I apologized after though for being mean.<P>I laughed when Bilbo gave that speech and did that say, "I like half of you as well as you deserve," or whatever.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:57 PM   #84
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, I didn't WANT to cry. But I had already read the books before I saw the movie. So everytime something would happen I would know about it before they showed the scene. The worst part, I would have to say though, is at the end with the breaking of the fellowship. When they showed the boats leaving Lothlorien, I knew what was coming and I started to cringe right there. It was so bad. But my favorite part was definitly was this:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sam: I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And then...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Frodo: I don't suppose we'll ever see them again.<P>Sam: We may yet, Mr. Frodo. We may<P>Frodo: Sam, I;m glad your with me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ugh!!! Just the thought is so sad!!!
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:17 PM   #85
Ulairi
Pile O'Bones

Ulairi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Laughed at:<BR>Pippin getting hit in the face with an apple.<P>Gatekeeper getting squashed by the Nazgul.<P>"They come in pints?!"<P>"Not the beard!"<P>"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"<P>Didn't cry but got choked up when Gandalf fell, and the the hobbits were crying. Also when Boromir dies of course.<P>I got a huge rush of adrenaline seeing the "Last Alliance" scene and scenes with Sauron. That was amazing on opening day.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:45 AM   #86
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Tough. Alot of the scenes made me just go "Awww..." but that's me.<BR>Laughing:<BR>*Merry and Pippin and the fireworks--and when Gandalf catches them.<BR>*When Frodo and Sam meet Merry and Pippin in the cornfield:<BR>Sam: Have you been stealing from Farmer Maggot again?<BR>Merry/Pippin: It's just a couple of cabbages....and that sack of potatoes last week!<BR>*"What about second breakfast...?" etc.<BR>*I think I've broken something!<P>Crying...oh, dear...<BR>*Not so much when Gandalf--erm--died 'cause (spoiler comment here), but after with Frodo yelling "Gandalf! NOOOOOOO! (Agh---!) but afterward with my poor dear Sam bawling his eyes out....Oi! <BR>*Then of course, as has been mentioned, the end...."I made a promise, Mister Frodo..."<BR>Oi....the Kleenex company has made a lot off of me because of that movie.... <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sam sat down, blushing and muttering.<BR>"A nice pickle we have landed ourselves in, Mr. Frodo! he said, shaking his head. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #87
sassyfriend
Wight

sassyfriend has just left Hobbiton.
I laugh at when Merry, Pippin and Boromir are sword fighting and then they tackled him to the ground and Aragorn starts laughing too. Love that scene!!!!!!!

Wanna cry when Boromir gives his life and Faramir's stupid father sends him to die and puts him down.
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote