The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2005, 12:35 AM   #721
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathriel
Well, its certainly cold in Alberta! I would like to send that all to Mordor because it is just way to cold. You just have to be outside for a minute and your thighs are frozen. Plus I look like the Michelin Man in my big wintercoat. That can all go to Mordor with the fast express.
I most definetly agree, off with cold to Mordor! Although I still want some snow, because if not we won't be able to play snowfootball.... hmmm what a dilemma
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #722
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
People who don't know directions, but are too proud to admit so and end up giving you false directions. I seriously don't like them. It's complete coincidence that they will soon be featuring in ATM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #723
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Long and frequent comercial breaks during a movie especially if the movie happens to be TTT. I mean how can you watch a movie when every twenty minutes there is a ten minutes comercial break? I also send slippery roads and the people who should put salt or sand on the ice. It truly is a dangerous business going out these days.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #724
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I send to Mordor Brand Snobs.

I got an i-Pod ages ago and I just did not like it so exchanged it for the MP3 player I have now. I won't list why the i-Pod was not for me and why my current player is so flippin' brilliant, as I get sick of having to justify my choice, that's what I'm ranting about, having to justify it! I'm fed up with people saying "Oh if you had the money you'd have a i-Pod", because I did have one, and I just didn't like it! Likewise people who think that if you drive an old car you automatically can't afford a new, flashy one. They can't take the argument that I'd rather spend £20k on something sensible (or preferably not spend it at all ) than on a BMW that's going to devalue the moment I drive it. And while we're at it, what about those kinds of people who look down on you for not having designer gear? Big deal. At least I'm not in hock to my credit card company.

Rant. Rant. Rant.

In fact, let's just send Flash Harrys to Mordor.

Oh, and I'm also sending to Mordor people who bring smelly food into the cinema with them.

And the horrible feeling you get from having ate too much for your tea.

And Sky putting a rubbish film on for their big Saturday 'premiere'.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #725
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Now, now, it will always be easier to find things to complain about.
I conassign that fact to Mordor, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
I assign to Mordor people who assign people to Mordor simply because they want the people assigned to Mordor in the Assigned to Mordor thread.
That would present a problem...Fea's been assigned to the Shire already. We certainly can't have her in two different places at once, can we?

To be more on topic, I conassign to Mordor this keyboard I'm using becauseits space bar doesn'twork very well.

See what I mean?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:40 AM   #726
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
That would present a problem...Fea's been assigned to the Shire already. We certainly can't have her in two different places at once, can we?
As far as I know, there's only one person from The Shire who went to Mordor as well.... and Fea seems to have been assigned to both The Shire (first) and Mordor after... therefore I must conclude, Fea is Frodo!!

no? well, at least I tried =)

Back on topic, I assign Organic Chemistry to Mordor and the fires of Mount Doom. I do not understand exactly why I'm supposed to memorize all those chemical reactions... THEY ARE ON THE BOOK FOR G'DS SAKE, IF I NEED THEM I WILL LOOK THEM UP RATHER THAN MEMORIZE THEM ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE!!

And on that note, I assign memorizing lists of things to Mordor. Any kind of list.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #727
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
As far as I know, there's only one person from The Shire who went to Mordor as well.... and Fea seems to have been assigned to both The Shire (first) and Mordor after... therefore I must conclude, Fea is Frodo!!
So Frodo's a female? That explains all that clingy-ness to Sam...

Quote:
Back on topic, I assign Organic Chemistry to Mordor and the fires of Mount Doom. I do not understand exactly why I'm supposed to memorize all those chemical reactions... THEY ARE ON THE BOOK FOR G'DS SAKE, IF I NEED THEM I WILL LOOK THEM UP RATHER THAN MEMORIZE THEM ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE!!
As well as those tests for determining unknown cations and anions...uh-huh.

Quote:
And on that note, I assign memorizing lists of things to Mordor. Any kind of list.
Oh, darn. Goodbye, (most of) Biology. What do I have to do in my life now?

I conassign the unwanted and unexpected flying action of time to Mordor. I can't believe I've been sitting here for two hours already!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:05 AM   #728
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
*Sharpens knife* We can't?

Oh dear, now I've entered this thread. Whatever to send... hmmm...

Fires.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 AM   #729
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Mostly because I need this for the RPG...

I conassign/assign/send/banish the following to Mordor:

Banjos.
Guitars.
60's folk music groups.

I actually like the preceding items to some extent, although they become annoying in excess.

And finally:

Musicians' managers.
Being gullible.

Now those last two are things which definitely belong in Mordor in all circumstances.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #730
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The flu.

And make-up work for school as a result of said flu.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #731
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I assign going to a panto rehearsal only to find that the people who were supposed to have been setting up the sound system in their free and had instead been lazing around the common room so that nothing was ready. It therefore took another half an hour to get to the only bit my friend and I needed to be in so it was pitch dark and freezing cold by the time we walked home.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #732
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I assign the soon-to-be fourth draft of my research paper. I've impressed doctors before with my illnesses and I've impressed parents with my responsibility, but I've never before completely confounded two writing lecturers as to how a student can write both informally and formally at the same exact time. Apparently I have rewrite the paper again, but before I can do it, my professor and a few other lecturers in the writing department have to figure out what it is I'm supposed to be fixing it.

How did I manage that?!?? It's so frustrating...

I also assign being cold.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #733
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I consign to Mordor anyone who uses the Assigned to Mordor thread as a multi-user blog-spot ...

Oh, and the little toe-rag who nicked my mobile-phone when he and his friends came round to visit the girl who was baby-sitting for us.

Hmm, I believe that I just managed to consign myself to Mordor in the space of a single post.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #734
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I assign to Mordor the week before finals week- you know, when everything is due, all at the same time, leaving you weak and unable to focus for finals week.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #735
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I assign leaving the long post you wrote on the computer at school because you happen to have no brain, and then spending the next 3 hours diligently (if illegally) trying to hack into the school network from home to get hold of it again.

However, I'll assign succeeding to the Shire!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #736
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Fizzix.

Me: "Sir... instead of creating a complex circuit using multimeters, variable resistors and potential dividers, why not just stick an Ohmmeter in there?"

Physics teacher: "It doesn't display a grasp of complex physics."

So it is that I am utterly failing my needlessly complex physics coursework, which could very easily be replaced by something a five year old could do, for the sole purpose of displaying my knowledge of the complex physics...

Casual discrimination from "anti-discriminatory" people. Just because you detest sexism and racism doesn't make you anti-discrimination - it really angers me when governments, of all things, attack the rights of minorities. If somebody suggested that Asians should be denied the right to marry, or that women shouldn't be allowed free surgery on the NHS... I need not finish that sentence. Yet, apparently, gays and obese people don't matter.

Also, time being snatched away.

And, in addition, BD breaking when you want to post on the ATM thread.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #737
Elonve
Wight

Elonve has just left Hobbiton.
Parents (who aren't yours) who don't like tounge peircings!!!!!
________
LIST OF GM ENGINES HISTORY

Last edited by Elonve; 04-09-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Elonve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:44 AM   #738
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Ammonia. Especially when you've been assigned that chemical for a class lab experiment. It just reeks of Mordor.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #739
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I assign sleeping at inappropriate times no matter how warm and cozy your bed is or how late it was that you made it there because waking up in time for class is one of those semi-important things of pre-finals life.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #740
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

There are these beings who have an amazing coagulating property of being able to clump together and block up hallways wherever there are more than about five of them. Many hallways are crowded, yes, but in most of them you can actually move at a reasonable speed. Stick these ones in, and all of a sudden - you can't. By themselves, they are bad enough (although exceptions can be and are made), but when they're all together, watch out. I hereby assign highschool freshmen to one year in Mordor.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #741
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I assign to Mordor people who use others as a dumping ground for all their "problems" with out ever asking if the other people have problems of their own to deal with.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #742
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

the researchers are going crazy in mordor. Their latest success is this:

That subtle 'Christmas Spirit' that is in fact a cheap imitation that is bent on subverting teh real Christmas Spirit. It manifests itself in such things as:

Fake Chirstmas trees.

Christmas sweaters with pom-poms sewn on the front.

Fake powdered Christmas drinks.

Blow up Christmas things for your yard. how tacky can you get. (it's even worse because they deflate every night, turning into a blob of colored plastic on front laws)

Far overdone Christmas decorations. These include large signs, too many, too flashing lights, randomly flashing lights, sleighs on the roof, etc.

Not related to Christmas is snow that is threatening to snow you in when you paid 30 bucks for a Trans-Syberian Orgestra ticket, but wouldn't show up a week earlier.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #743
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

ATM'd:

The concert goer who insists on tapping out the beat to the music, even if quietly done, and who is always . . . always . . . at least a half beat behind the band.

And the unrepentant, desafinado hummer

I am bringing a squirt gun next time . . .
Old 12-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #744
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
People who constantly, aggrevatingly and exacerbatingly give you directions on how to drive your car when you're doing very well on your own, thank you, and the instructions are only a distraction that increase your probability of having an accident.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:00 AM   #745
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

People who randomly distribute tacks over pavements, continually deflating my bike tyres.

Edit: Also, opponents to the metric system. Vive le metre! I demand a metric clock.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 12-09-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:48 AM   #746
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Having to travel two hours to go to school tomorrow for a SINGLE class, when I could have started my Christmas break today. Especially when all I'll be doing in that class is listen to my World Lit prof talk about "Antigone" and butt in (at her insistence) every now and then.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #747
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
My neighbors when they sit up until 1:00 in the morning laughing loudly over who knows what when 23-hour quiet hours for finals week started 2 hours before and I want to sleep. The same people who play music loudly while I'm trying to sleep in and my roommate is trying to study. Other than that, I love them...
Old 12-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #748
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laitoste
My neighbors when they sit up until 1:00 in the morning laughing loudly over who knows what when 23-hour quiet hours for finals week started 2 hours before and I want to sleep. The same people who play music loudly while I'm trying to sleep in and my roommate is trying to study. Other than that, I love them...
Even better... 24-hour quiet hours. A whole week of having to whisper in halls and play music with headphones on. A whole dratted week of hearing people make more noise saying "Shh! Quiet hours." than you were making speaking in a low murmer.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #749
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Narya The worst day in a long time

I assign loosing ones wallet in the bus. . . It is not just a pice of leather you are loosing but a whole lot more:

Visa Card
Health Care Card
Drivers Licens
Liverpool FC Support Danish Branch Membership Card
Libary Card
Card to Publick Transportation
and a whole lot of cash. (this is really annoying as I allmost never have any cash on me)

This may not seem like a big deal, but it is hell getting them replaced and I could not get home as I had no acces to money and my Card to Public Transportation.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #750
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
I Hate Finals Week!

I send Isaiah and Aristotle...that's all I have to catch up on for my first exam, and I find Isaiah exceedingly dull and Aristotle nearly incomprehensible, PLUS we have a confusing translation. It's miserable! Then I have to memorize a timeline of Greek and Hebrew events. Yuck.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #751
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Isaiah? I rather like the book, myself...

Let's see... something to assign to Mordor. The book Catch-22, for being rather redundant and exceedingly difficult to follow and finish. It's humorous, I suppose, but it's not making a lot of sense (I know, it's probably not supposed to) and I really want to have it read by Christmas break (ha! yeah...).

And also Napoleon Dynamite, for being just about the dumbest movie ever.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #752
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I hereby send myself to dwell in Mordor and think about what I have done in this post and in this post.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #753
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

When, in any Real Time Strategy Game, such as Medieval Total War, the existance of your kingdom depends on the whims of the Megalomaniac Emperor to the North. What's the point in existing only as a puppet empire in all but name?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #754
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

The hot water in the shower running out when you have your hair still full of shampoo.

Rather soggily,
Aman

Old 12-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #755
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I assign idiot chavs who think it's so funny to run up behind you and throw jam at you so you have it on your coat and scarf and it's in your hair. However, the feeling that comes from turning around and hitting the chav with the corner of your sledge very, very hard in the shins and erm, shall we say vulnerable bits, is worthy of the Shire

Even so, trying to get the jam out was a painful process for my poor head.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #756
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
throw jam at you so you have it on your coat and scarf and it's in your hair.
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds incredibly tasty?

I'll assign being without peers on New Year's Eve.

I'll assign train services on New Year's Eve and Day.

I'll assign having to commute to a different town for education, thus generally cutting me off from my friends a lot.

I'll assign the difference in education that exists between different areas that force me to commute.

I'll assign governments that throw money at good schools. At least, that's how I understand our government works. If not, I'm assigning it anyway. Everybody deserves not just an education, but a good education
Old 01-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #757
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

I conassign all the smoke generated by the firecrackers on New Year's Day. Well, at least the odor is not as bad as that of a Chem lab while performing experiments using The Saucepan...I mean, sulfur.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #758
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Shows overlapping on TV. I don't even watch T.V. often, but still... 20,000 Leagues under the Sea and Gandhi overlapping is just sad. And their overlapping by 20 minutes is just infuriating...

I mean, Christmas and New Year are meant to be fun, after all. Surely the channels could choreograph their shows? Or something? Sigh.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:37 AM   #759
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Shows overlapping on TV. I don't even watch T.V. often, but still... 20,000 Leagues under the Sea and Gandhi overlapping is just sad. And their overlapping by 20 minutes is just infuriating...

I mean, Christmas and New Year are meant to be fun, after all. Surely the channels could choreograph their shows? Or something? Sigh.
You know, I once had this crazy idea in which movie channels started their movies at 15 minutes intervals... so the first channel would start, 15 minutes later (long enough to know if the movie is worth it or not I guess) the second one would start and so on.... the only problem is, TV channels want you to watch THEIR channel only, not others and so they will not help you choose the best program but rather try to force their content on to you

AND THAT I ASSIGN TO MORDOR

As well, I assign the last day of Winter/Summer/Spring break.... it's just not cool when you know University is coming back
Old 01-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #760
Parmawen
Haunting Spirit

Parmawen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Fizzix.
No, even worse is physics teachers. One day, after writing a completely insane diagram/formula thing on the board, my teacher leans back, throws down the marker and says, "This is one of those days where I am so glad I am not in your seats. I dont' get a thing I just wrote up there."

I vote we send physics teachers to mordor.
Parmawen is offline   Reply With Quote