Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2003, 09:18 PM   #41
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aww, no worries Durelin! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] If no one else does come forward to join, I'd be happy to write a full character bio and play it, probably another convert (but I'd be up for anything else if necessary), I've played more than one character in a game before. Sophia and I could always just make up a few NPCs for the converts, like the way we used the little nameless boy in our first posts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 05-31-2003, 11:38 PM   #42
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I'm also perfectly willing to take on a few sub-characters, though I'm not sure I can handle a second full character.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-01-2003, 04:33 AM   #43
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'll be happy to come up with secondary characters. Especially if I get to boss around lots of men... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I couldn't stretch to another full one though!

I wonder why so many people are scared of being evil when it's really fun?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-01-2003, 04:57 AM   #44
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

I don't mind having secondary characters either [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ghurdan could bring his first mate and his helms-man from the fire-spray? let me know if you what bio's for them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Another question! the warriors that Ghurdan would be leading, will they be gathered by the Citadel or can they be from Ghurdan's crew, he could probably spare about fifteen of them, as the others would have to remain to carry out repairs to the ship [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #45
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Waiting longer is fine, Durelin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 12:46 PM   #46
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I, too, am fine with writing additional characters. If all the tribesmen are going to be Painted Sand tribe, I can turn Ahmad back around and send him "home" because of bad news from Yusef or something. That way, the tribesmen can all be in the same physical location when they encounter the priests.

As for additional minor characters, I mentioned Yusef as well as some of Ahmad's family members. We can always expand on them where needed.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:57 PM   #47
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Woo hoo, I'm a great recruiter! Good to see you Helka...

When is the game going to start? I really don't want to miss the ending, but I have 8 weeks until I go away. Oh well. If I tell my Dad that I don't want to go and see his relatives AGAIN as I want to write on the internet...
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-02-2003, 08:36 AM   #48
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Oh great...Helky...

Quote:
His hair is as dark as his skin and it reaches till his butt since he refuses to let anybody with scisors near his head.
Uh...Helky? What were you thinking!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
she was so dazzled that she lost track and fell of a cliff.
Uh huh. How about she died in giving birth because there was no one to help. Perhaps the bleeding wouldn't stop or such like...? Please try and go with something simple, Helky. And stop calling me Durexi! At least make up your mind how to spell it!

Quote:
...uttering his frustration on a nearby tree.
How about 'taking out' instead of 'uttering'...

Quote:
Thorgom took one of his throwing axes
I thought it was throwing knives... Make up your mind! You can carry 7 knives much more easily than 7 axes, however small. So...

Dude, here's your biggest problem: the resistors aren't evil! Change him to a convert, and all will be fine.

While I'm reluctant to let you join, for reasons you should be aware of [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] , we are at a lack for RPers...All I can say is that I better not have to do this for every one of your posts!! I know, I know...you're a dutchman...just...try...maybe you should PM your posts to me, so I can do my beautiful editing job! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Nerindel: It would be great if you brought some of your crew! Sevora will put you and the other warriors in charge of them, so all the main characters can give orders. Also, I hope you will allow everyone to make up the personalities and names for some of them in their posting. I think that would work out best...you think...?

Lyra: We will start soon I think. We can't wait too much longer. If no one's gonna join, no one is. Maybe...Friday? Oh, and be nice to your Daddy! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Everyone: Thankyou! If those who are willing to play two characters could write up a short bio, because they won't be main main characters. And we can introduce any little secondary characters in our posting...or...would that be too confusing?
Old 06-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #49
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
Nerindel: It would be great if you brought some of your crew! Sevora will put you and the other warriors in charge of them, so all the main characters can give orders. Also, I hope you will allow everyone to make up the personalities and names for some of them in their posting. I think that would work out best...you think...?
Oh gosh! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] yes, I was hoping everyone would just make up the crews names and personalities as we went along [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I shall try to post a short bio for the first mate (my secondary character) sometime tonight (UK time). I'm not going to bother with the helmsman he can just be one of the crew that comes along ok [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2003, 12:01 PM   #50
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
Oh, and be nice to your Daddy!
Sorry, the message I was tryng to get across is there's NO HOPE. Well, I'll just have to die I guess. Maybe I'll see Helka and walk off a cliff!
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #51
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

So not all the converts have to be young? No, probably not. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But maybe Helka's character could try and play both sides or something and betray the old people. Can I point something out even though I'm not the owner or moderater?

Quote:
Not religious, but intending to be converted, so he can experience battle again.
Can he intend to be converted? I thought the people in the tribe didn't know about the priestess that was coming. Maybe it just means Helka is planning on having Thorgom convert, but the way he puts it makes me think that Thorgom knows something the rest of us converts (and resisters) don't! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Aylwen

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 06-02-2003, 06:12 PM   #52
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

Jamílah Fajr 37 y/o – resister (main character – see character bio posted)

Carry-along Characters:

Qirfah – 21 y/o; oldest daughter.

Husam – 25y/o; Qirfah’s husband

Two children: 4 y/o girl – Layla; 2 y/o boy – Ihab

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Qamar – 20 y/o; youngest daughter

Nasr – 24 y/o; Qamar’s husband

Three children: 4 y/o girl – Naar; 3 y/o boy – Ajdal; 2 y/o boy – Ashum

The two daughters of Jamílah follow in their Mother’s footsteps as far as having traditional beliefs. They have been studying all their lives under her guidance to be medicine women for their tribe. Their husbands treasure their wives and their mother-in-law for her knowledge and skills, and look with great disfavor on departure from the traditional belief system.

All of these adult characters are resisters.

The children, of course, are too young to care about all this, except to want their lives safe and secure.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #53
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Secondary Character.

Name: Zasfal (first mate of the Fire Spray)

Race: Haradrim (Corsair)

Weapons: Zasfal carries a curved sword and a small black throwing hammer, there is nothing special about his weapons except that he knows how to use them efficently.

Appearance: Zasfal is slightly shorter than Ghurdan about 5ft 7, he has the usual dark skin of his people, but his eyes are dark green and his hazelnut coloured hair falls about his ears in loose curls. Zasfal wears black pants with a red sash around his waist and a black waist coat. Zasfal as with the rest of the crew of the fire spray has a small black heart tattoo'ed on his wrist.

History: Zasfal became part of the crew of the Fire Spray thirteen years ago when his father lost him in a game of cards and he was sold to Ghurdan to serve as a cabin boy.

He quickly learned how to avoid the beatings from the harsh captain, he also learned how gain the captains favour by sneaking about learning the crews secrets and keeping the captain informed of the crews intentions.

As the years past he became more ambitious and worked his way up the chain of command by getting rid of whoever was in his way. He became First mate after he had discovered that the previous first mate was planning a mutiny. Ghurdan had been furious when he told him and had beaten the first mate to within an inch of his life and then he cured him only to beat him again,he then had hung the man from the top of the main mast until he eventually die, to serve as a warning to others who thought to mutiny. This had been enough for Zasfal to know that he would never be able to kill Ghurdan and he didn't dare try, but if something was to happen to Ghurdan he wouldn't hesitate to take control of the Fire spray.

hope that is ok for you Durelin [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2003, 07:46 PM   #54
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Secondary Character:

Name: Nasir (Jasara’s ‘second in command’ of sorts)

Race: Tribesman (convert)

Weapons: Nasir is very well skilled with the broadsword and daggers, and has several of them hidden or sheathed with him always.

Appearance: Black eyes and deep brown hair characterize a nut-brown face, which is often stern and unkindly. Tall and muscular with every day’s work and tiresome projects, Nasir enjoys being the biggest of all the young, giving him a sense of power over the littler ones.

History: Nasir grew up as the younger brother to four men, warriors dedicated to the leaders of the nomadic tribe. Nasir always felt like an outcast to his older brothers, and practiced his sword fighting or dagger throwing alone, for his brothers often ignored him. He met Jasara soon after her little prediction, and joined her ‘movement’ for a separation of sorts from the elders. Jasara later appointed Nasir as the chief training master for all the loyal young.

Personality: Nasir is a determined young man who always tries to do better than his best. He hates failing and always tries to mask his own self-disappointment should he mess up at anything that should be easy for him to do. Nasir complains a lot, about anything and everything, for he is to a lesser extreme a perfectionist.

Carry-Along Characters (If Sophia ever needs/wants to, she can use these guys too!):

Najah: 17 y/o girl – Assistant training master (mistress) since she knows how to use the bow and quiver quite well.

Rijal: 13 y/o boy – The youngster of the group. A good spy due to his small size.

Tajir: 16 y/o boy – Cooks for the young, since Jasara is always worrying (or told [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]) that the elders put poison in food if it will go to the young.

Let me know if that is okay, Durelin!

-Aylwen
Old 06-02-2003, 11:13 PM   #55
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

those look great, Aylwen, and I'll certainly make use of them if the need arises [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]. Just adding my nod. I'll put a secondary character up here when (read: if) I get time to make one.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:21 AM   #56
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Why do I do this to myself? If I fail my exams, it’ll all be my own fault! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] OK, anyway- I began this is a secondary character but I prefer him to Essenia. So if he's accepted could she be relegated to a secondary character?

I hope you like the names Durelin! (One of the Forsaken and Galad’s surname.) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I hope they're both evil enough. I did the blurb about Damodred after I wrote my post and suddenly eralised I was writing a Grandfatherly character, so I had to give him hidden depths.

Also- what do you think of the idea that Sammael sees himself as doing the right thing, rather than being evil? It makes sense really, but I could make them both worse if you want me to.

It's a pity there's only the two of us playing Haradrim. By the way, Hi Nerindel! Hey, any ideas on the numbers of anonymous characters we'll be leading? (I never had a clue how many people were supposed to be with Raken the whole way through QFTA!)

Name: Sammael

Race: Haradrim

Appearance: He has dark brown hair but a more or less completely shaven head, surprisingly light eyes, they’re hazel which is rare for Haradrim. He is very tall but deceptively thin- he’s actually quite strong. Good looking, and he knows it! Vain and fussy about his appearance and clothes. Always clean shaven.

Weapons: Two curved scimitars. (Think Legolas in the film, but dark, evil looking metal). A number of knives hidden in various places- sleeves, boots, etc.

History: Youngest son of a relatively prosperous family, his father got good money on one of the few legal trading ships from Umbar. He was always getting up to mischief and practical jokes as a child, never taking anything seriously. His father wanted him to go, with his older brothers, into trade. However at the age of 16 Sammael discovered a taste for fighting and killing. He’s been variously employed, on ships or similar land missions ever since.

Personality/Strengths/Weaknesses: He almost seems to have two personalities- the joker (which he has never grown out of) and the killer. He sees fighting as the noblest form of art, and killing is the inevitable result of losing for a fighting man. However he disapproves of women fighting, and hates the idea of killing anyone who isn’t fighting him. He hates weakness, and sees soldiers who surrender as lower than human, for males anyway. For women he thinks it is merely acceptance that they shouldn’t have been fighting in the first place, and proof they weren’t meant to. He’s vain of his appearance and likes to flirt. He also likes anything social- drinking, playing cards, brawling. His sense of humour, and honour at only fighting soldiers are strong points, his ruthlessness, vanity and sexism are weaknesses. Follows the dark Religion with a passion, really believes that it is not only what is best, but what is right. In fact, his ideas of good and evil are completely reversed, he sees the Vala as demons who want to corrupt. He can usually get on with most people; his skill makes him appeal to warriors and his charm to others.

FIRST POST:

Sammael laughed, showing white teeth. He had noticed that this was one very effective way to catch a woman’s attention. It worked, she was watching him.
”More ale” he called to the tavern maid, flashing her a smile that often did the same job.

“Could you not just have called her? Why all this grinning like a lackwit?” Sammael glanced at Damodred. His voice sounded cranky, but that was nothing new. Sammael had worked with the old man for years, and although he might have begun with the idea that Sammael was not a warrior, he certainly knew different now.

“A smile now might lead to better things later” he said, giving an exaggerated wink. A few of the men around the rickety table laughed.
“Deal the cards, then, if you’re not scared I will take you for all you’re worth” Sammael continued, giving another wink to the maid as she brought the pewter jugs.
“Indeed, young man? There may come a day yet when you beat me, but I do not think it will be today!”

Sammael chuckled along with Damodred. It was true, he had little talent at cards, except for tricks. Still, it was fun and he had money from raiding. What else was it good for but having fun? And new weapons. Idly Sammael stroked the hilt of his new curved sword as Damodred shuffled the cards. A scimitar, the dealer had called it- from some far off land. It had a good weight, it looked good and seemed deadly. Yes, he considered, life was generally good. He could have been stuck holding up fabrics or jewels for traders, like his father.
I might never have known the sublime feeling of the fight, the victory! he thought, with an inward shudder. I might have…married. Relief filled him. Why would you want to limit yourself to one woman? That tavern maid had a pretty face, but then so did the other. And the woman sitting with her husband in the corner. Admittedly, men were not expected to be faithful, but there were obligations, responsibilities. Yes, children were nice but he had three nephews and four nieces! Who needed more? No, life was good as it was. In fact-

“Are you going to sit there mooning over a pretty face all night?”
Damodred’s prickly voice cut through his dreams. Nightmares! he corrected himself with a grimace, then picked up his hand. As usual it was terrible, as a far too expressive face told Damodred clearly. The old man shook his head.

“Join our quest to the Southlands. A chance to fight for the glory of the Eye and the progression of Umbar. Fight the barbarians and turn them to the true path-guard the Priestess and help her in her mission. Conquer the lands of the Heathen and gain their support or provide their destruction. The Glory of the Dark Citadel to all who follow us. Make yourself known to the guards there. Glory to the Eye”
The voice of the Guard stopped intoning the proclamation and began to roll up his scroll.

Sammael had listened consideringly, lowering his head respectfully at the mention of the Eye. The man had the light of someone who served the Eye burning in his eyes. Sammael admired him. He would have volunteered as a Guard for the Dark Citadel if they led a more exciting life. And, of course, if they had more time to spend in the inns of the city. After considered thought he had judged he was probably best doing what he knew, but he sometimes felt he wasn’t doing enough. This journey would offer a chance to serve the Eye, which he sometimes felt he neglected, but also provide the more practical adventure he loved.

He turned to Damodred. The little man was watching him, head cocked to one side like a bird.
“Well?” he asked, “This seems right up your street, Sammael. Are we in?”
Sammael nodded slowly, then broke into his trademark grin.
“Yes. We’re in. Come on, let’s go up to the Citadel”

~ Carry along character: Damodred- A relatively old man- in his 40s- but he has lost none of his wits and little of his skill. Grumbles and groans at Sammael, especially over his flirting, but they’ve known each other for 7 or 8 years and are fond of each other. Leadership passes between the two of them- Damodred respects Sammael’s energy and skill, Sammael respects Damodred’s experience. Practical, down to earth, seems a kindly old man but in fact is completely ruthless against anyone who opposes his point of view, people or well being. He sees violence as the answer to every problem!

OK- questions: Is there any sort of sign of respect to a priestess or to the Eye itself? (Like a Catholic would cross themselves, or when people used to spit after mentioning the Devil, or in Tamora Pierce’s books they trace a circle on their chests?) If not, could we make one up?
Also, are we going to pass any towns/villages/cities on our way to the tribespeople?

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-03-2003, 09:36 AM   #57
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Okay...

Quote:
So not all the converts have to be young?
Helky always seems to stretch the boundaries a bit. *disgruntled sigh* Help! But, seriously, he isn't really going to convert, just go along with the company, and probably get along best with the Haradrim warriors (Corsairs, really). He'll spite the priest and priestesses most likely. The younger one's, I'm expecting, will whole heartedly convert. Oh, and just to warn you, I'm plotting. Aylwen! I'll be PMing you...you'll see...

Helky!! I told you I would edit it again, and then you could edit your post! Well, I'll PM you the final...maybe the final...

Oh! Thankyou Pio! Such a beautifully done list! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nerindel - Excellent! So did Ghurdan bring him along as a sort of body guard (he's not exactly fit for that, but...) or is he just extra help for the priest group? (shorter name for the baddies)

Aylwen - Thankyou! Perfect. Now we have a pretty good idea of how you guys are set up. You organized those younglings nicely, Aylwen! Though I should've helped you...sorry! Well, maybe you liked doing it without someone pestering you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lyra - That was great! And, of course, I love the names. This Sammael is a bit different from the other one, eh? Damodred is great. But maybe he should be in his 50s or 60s because in ME, wasn't Aragorn like 50 during the War of the Ring? And he wasn't really all that old...I don't know...I always get confused by this age factor. Why couldn't Tolkien have kept it normal for humans!! Oh well...

Quote:
Is there any sort of sign of respect to a priestess or to the Eye itself?
An excellent question, and something I've been thinking about off and on. Mostly I thought of ceremonies, like taking the blood of a sacrifice and with a single finger, tracing a line from the center of each eye half way down the cheek (for before leaving the citadel?? on a mission??) And some other stuff. Maybe we should go with the traditional crossing of the right arm over the chest, fist on the heart, bow thing? But, that's kinda overused...old... How about crossing both arms, left over right, over the chest, palms inward, sides hands (thumbs)just touching the face? And a bow? Kinda corny and stupid looking if you ask me...well, now that I've thought about it. I haven't looked at myself in the mirror doing it yet, so...who knows?

Oh, and we might pass through a couple villages already under the sway of Umbar. Perhaps we could pick up some more 'soldiers' or something? Or we could just grab a sacrifice for on the road... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I have a secondary character, a warrior. He's Sevora's bodyguard basically. I'll post the bio later...not quite done yet...(i'm slow, I know)
Old 06-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #58
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Quote:
Helky!! I told you I would edit it again, and then you could edit your post! Well, I'll PM you the final...maybe the final...
No need to shout. I got the PM after I edited. Calm down, have a cup of herbal tea. Ill make my personal recepy: Lot's of Arsenicum [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

But seriously, Ill await the edited character. Will you edit it into my old post, send it to me, or start it in a new post. In case of the last, I shall delete my old one.

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 06-03-2003, 11:26 AM   #59
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

I'll PM it to you, and then you can edit it into your original post. I only want one bio floating around on the discussion thread and i'm no mod so i can't edit your posts, dingbat!

Quote:
Ill make my personal recepy: Lot's of Arsenicum
It would've been more effective had you been able to spell.

Here's my secondary character:

Name: Rahvin

Race: Haradrim (of Umbar)

Weapons: A long, double bladed spear. On one end is a long, curved blade with only one edge. On the other is a bit shorter, straight blade with a tip almost as fine as a pin. He also carries two large knives, excellent for butchering, considering it is much harder to dispose of an entire body...

Appearance: Rahvin is a large man with long, wild dark hair and dark olive colored skin, light for his race. He stands around six feet tall and has shoulders as large as any blacksmiths. He is not fat, muscle makes up all of his great weight. He usually dresses in a dark brown shirt and pants, baggy and of a light material. He has both a brown and black cloak, the brown in case he must use any camoflauge he can get from it. Both cloaks have a veil attached that he can use to protect his face. On his forehead, the symbol of the Great Eye is tatooed. He was marked as a newborn to belong to the Dark Citadel.

Personality: Rahvin has little personality. He has been raised to kill without thought, though he has also been trained in battle tactics, and in most needed knowledge. He is not dumb. He loves to kill, rather than torture. He likes the feeling better. Rahvin has known nothing but to serve, and he does to perfection.

History: Rahvin was born to a slave of the Dark Citadel and has been marked as a belonging of it since then. He has lived all his life in the Citadel and has been through th harsh training to become a guard. He was chosen by Sevora for his strength, intelligence, readiness to kill, and his obedience. She also thought he was fairly handsome, for a slave. He has moved from a normal slave to a bodyguard, so he is treated better. Plus, Sevora likes him.

Like the name, Lyra? I stole your idea!

Oh, yeah, I forgot. Are you going to use Sammael as your main character? And, are you going to use Essenia at all then?

Nerindel - about how many men will you be brining from your crew?

Quote:
Both cloaks have a veil attached that he can use to protect his face.
I suggest that everyone has that...

did i cover everything...?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #60
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
It would've been more effective had you been able to spell.
How witty. I was using the Dutch phraze since I did not knew the english one and to conceil the real truth from you. Pitty the poison's name is like the english one.

When will you have my character update done?
Old 06-03-2003, 12:35 PM   #61
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
wasn't Aragorn like 50 during the War of the Ring?
About 80, I think. That's Numenorean blood for you! But for anyone else, 40s would most likely be old enough. I was thinking I could use Essenia like Damodred, as a secondary/carry along character. But Sammael will be in charge of my half of the warriors, if that's still how we're organising it. Once again I'll ask: How many Haradrim are there?
And I was planning to do Rahvin, but Demadred sounded older. Don't ask!
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-03-2003, 12:42 PM   #62
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Please remember to keep your posts on the discussion thread relevant to the game. There is no need for extraneous, off topic chat. It wastes bandwidth.

Use PM's if you want to echange purely personal stuff, or better yet - use the chatroom.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:44 PM   #63
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Nerindel - Excellent! So did Ghurdan bring him along as a sort of body guard (he's not exactly fit for that, but...) or is he just extra help for the priest group? (shorter name for the baddies)

Like I said Zasfal is ambitous and fighting in the service of the citadel would increase his reputation, so he would have insisted on coming along.

I also I put in Ghurdan's Bio that he trusted no-one. Although he likes his first mate he doesn't trust him, so when Zasfal insisted on coming along he probably agreed so that he could keep an eye on his sneaky friend [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
Nerindel - about how many men will you be brining from your crew?
About Fifteen, is that enough?
Old 06-03-2003, 01:34 PM   #64
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Character Description Form:
Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one(s)?

Yes. Wolf Run, Search for the Book. Shadows of Umbria, Search for the Lost Messenger, Ride to the Dark Side (cameo)

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES/NO – Which one?

Yes, both

For your character please include:

NAME: Thorgom

RACE: Nomad (convert)

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.): A big two handed axe and 7 throwing axes.

APPEARANCE: Thorgom mostly wears clothes that are too big for him. A strap of stretchable textile holds his pants up and on his back he has a quiver for his two handed axe. He is a big man with his 2 meters height and very broad. His hair is as dark and it reaches just below his waist. He has a big head and is sure of his good looks. His body is extremely muscled, which he always brags about.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):His strength is amazing but that's it. His speed lacks greatly under his massive muscles. When angry, he is able to withstand a large amount of damage. Thorgom thinks this 'Great Eye' is foolish, but he does miss the chance to kill. Those who follow the Eye do practice the art regularly… He is also very hard to order around. He mostly does what he pleases and only follows leaders when he is able to do battle.

HISTORY: Thorgom was born at night. His mother had to deliver him out in the wild since they were traveling. But after the birth, she died of the loss of blood and there was no one to aid her. Thorgom thus grew up motherless and alone since his father did not pay much attention to him. In order to survive, he trained all the time and, since he had never had real parents, he was always doing as he pleased. Considering his height, nobody refused, and since he did not steal of the others, they let him be.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
A FIRST POST FOR YOUR CHARACTER MUST ACCOMPANY THIS FORM.

Thorgom walked away from the camp for a bit. He had enough of all those man telling tales by the fire. Always talking about things they had done in the early days, too much of cowards to do other things. Thorgom hated those men. He was one of the few that would only brag about his body and his strength. People called him arrogant, but why would he deny the facts? He sat down and started taking out his frustration on a nearby tree. He bashed and smashed, cutting it into neat logs.

He placed his axe back on his back and took the logs. He went back to the fire and placed them with the firewood. He sat down with the others. One of the men, a little worm with an arrogant tone of voice, laughed at him.
"Frustrated that you can't do battle again? Why not sit with us and let it go. Your days are over. Everything must end eventually."

Thorgom took one of his throwing axes and it flashed across the fire. The man screamed. Everybody turned to the tree. The man's arm was nailed against it. His wrist pinned with one of Thorgom's axes. Eyes where filled with horror as the big man stood up and walked over to the tree. But he just took out the axe and picked up a burning branch from the fire.
"This might hurt a bit, master big mouth." He mumbled as he placed the fire near the stump that once held the man's hand.

The man screamed and many of the man fled from the fire. Thorgom just smiled at the ignorance. As he looked up, rain was setting in. He left the man with a nasty burn and walked to his tent.
+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+*+*

All done. Seeing you edited it, it must be enough. Just one thing, people are writing up secondary characters. Is it a must or just a thing they do? Seeing that Thorgom is more of a loner and all.

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 06-03-2003, 02:43 PM   #65
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Here are my secondary characters:

Ishak bin Ishak -- Ahmad's father and headman of the Painted Sand Tribe. He is in his late sixties with long white hair and a very full white beard. Tough and judicious, his primary concern is the health and well-being of his tribe. This includes the safety and well-being of the tribe's herd of horses as that is the primary sourceof wealth and power for the tribe. All else is secondary. He has strong traditinal ethics and finds the influence of the Eye very disturbing.

Briellah Ishak bin Ishak -- Ahmad's mother. Fifty-two or so, she is small and thin and very much in her husband's shadow. But hse, too, is very powerful under the radarscope of the men. She is submissive but manipulative with men and unyielding (even ruthless) when challenged by other women. Her primary concern is the health and well-being of her three children: Ahmad, Chani, and Shushila. Traditional in her values, she is frightened by the influence of the Eye.

Chani -- 16 years old. Ahmad's sister. She is tall and headstrong with a tendency to get into trouble because of her open and straightforward ways. Promised in marriage to her second cousin Yusef al Rahman, whom she doesn't much like, she fantasizes often about stealing a horse and running away. She is curious about the Eye, but resists conversion.

Shushila -- 14 years old. Ahmad's sister. Small and extrememly beautiful, Shushu is spoiled rotten and frightened of everything. She always wears a veil and refuses to leave her family's tents unless accompanied by a male kinsman. She is terrified of the Eye and anything that has to do with it.

Yusef al Rahman -- Ahamd's second cousin. Yusef is selfish and ruthless about getting what he wants. Jealous of Ahmad, he sees Chani as his opening to seize control of the tribe after the death of Ishak bin Ishak. While he smiles and acts like a friend to Ahmad, he would like nothing better than to see him fall victim to "an unfortunate accident". While not exactly a convert himself, Yusef is sympathetic to the converts because he believes that they will decide the power structure of the future.

We can use them when & where they are needed!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #66
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Nerindel – if you are going to be calling any of your crew of 15 by name please post a simple list of the names you’ll use, so that a strange name doesn’t suddenly spring up in the game. I'll post the additional names to this list.
I think it would be better if the crew remain nameless as there is already a good number of names to remember [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I would think that Ghurdan would just order them about as a unit and not as individuals and it is also probable that he wouldn't know or care what their names were anyway. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Pio: Ghurdan is 34 not 24 [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 01:42 AM   #67
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Here is a listing of players and characters please look it over carefully.

Priests/Priestesses

Durelin ------------------- Sevora(female) - Priestess
Secondary character: Rahvin - Warrior, age 37

Arien --------------------- Dristi, The Shadow(female) – Priestess, age 26

Arelendil ----------------- Naramarth(male) – Priest, age 26

Warriors

Lyra Greenleaf ---------- Sammael(male) – Haradrim warrior, age 25
Secondary character: Essenia Dagon(female) – Haradrim Corsair, age 24
Carry-along character: Damodred – Haradrim, age 40’s – Sammael’s comrade

Nerindel -- Ghurdan - The Black Heart(male) – Haradrim Corsair, age 34
Secondary character: Zasfal (first mate of the Fire Spray, Corsair), age 29
Carry-along characters: 15 members of the crew of the Fire Spray

Tribesmen Converts

Aylwen Dreamsong –--- Jasara(female), age19 or 20
Secondary character: Nasir (Jasara’s ‘second in command’ of sorts), age 21
Carry-along Convert characters:
Najah: 17 y/o girl – Assistant training master (mistress) since she knows how to use the bow and quiver quite well.
Rijal: 13 y/o boy – The youngster of the group. A good spy due to his small size.
Tajir: 16 y/o boy – Cooks for the young

Sophia ------------------ Khasia, Jasara’s younger sister, age 16

Helkahothion --- --------Thorgom (male), age 56

Tribesmen Resisters

Ealasaid --------------- Ahmad bin Ishak(male), age 26
Carry-along Resister characters:
Ishak bin Ishak -- Ahmad's father and headman of the Painted Sand Tribe
Briellah Ishak bin Ishak -- Ahmad's mother
Chani -- 16 years old. Ahmad's sister
Shushila -- 14 years old. Ahmad's sister
Yusef al Rahman -- Ahmad's second cousin (sympathetic to Converts)

Piosenniel -------------- Jamílah Fajr(female), age 37
Carry-along Resister characters:
Qirfah – 21 y/o; oldest daughter.
Husam – 25y/o; Qirfah’s husband
Two children: 4 y/o girl – Layla; 2 y/o boy – Ihab

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Qamar – 20 y/o; youngest daughter
Nasr – 24 y/o; Qamar’s husband
Three children: 4 y/o girl – Naar; 3 y/o boy – Ajdal; 2 y/o boy – Ashum

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #68
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Thanks Pio for the beautiful list. I will copy it to make one adjustment...just the first set...

Priests/Priestesses

Durelin ------------------- Sevora(female) - Priestess
Secondary character: Rahvin - Warrior, age 37

Arien --------------------- Dristi, The Shadow(female) – Priestess, age 26

Arelendil ----------------- Naramarth(male) – Priest, age 26

Okay? Okay. Everyone got that? Everything else is the same. Right...is it possible to start the RPG tomorrow? *nudges Pio* Eh?

Lyra - don't worry about being gone. You won't be gone that long, will you? I think you'll be fine, really. When will you be gone? You've probably mentioned that already, but...I need to know again! Thanks!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #69
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I amended the list for you.

Starting the RPG depends on whether your players are going to post their own first posts or you are having me post them.

If I am to post them - then you must look through all of them and make a detailed list of whose goes where (including those posts that people did for their secondary characters).

Just do a numbered list, and then I can transfer the posts - if that's what you want done.

OR

Do the numbered list and let people post their own first posts.

Let me know. ~~ Pio
Old 06-05-2003, 07:49 AM   #70
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Lyra - Do you still want Essenia's First Post in the game? I have sent Pio the list of First Posts and their order and have included that. Should I have it taken out?

Ealasaid - I know we haven't discussed it much, but is Yusef going to tell you to go back to the tribe? And, do you want to add that part to your first post?

Nerindel and Lyra - With the crew that Nerindel is bringing along, I hope that you two can manage to lead them together. Both have equal leadership above the crew. That could turn out interesting, couldn't it. Ugly, but interesting...

Let's try to start saturday. It all depends if everyone understands what we're doing in the beginning. We can keep discussing what will happen later on when the game is open.

Thankyou everyone! Especially for doing all those Secondary and Carry-Along characters!

~Durelin
Old 06-05-2003, 03:52 PM   #71
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Sounds good to me! I will rework the first post to include Yusef's arrival & (bad) news of home. I should have it online by sometime tomorrow afternoon (Eastern Time).
Old 06-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #72
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The game is up and closed at present until I receive Easalaid's post, and Durelin decides to open the game.

Please be patient and don't ask when the game is going to open - there will be a notification on the Discussion thread when I do so.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:47 AM   #73
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I will be leaving on the 26th of July, which I think means I will miss the end. I'm happy for the Essenia post to go up, I just won't post for her very much. (Not until the end of June, anyway.) One thing I deliberately didn't give Sammael is ambition, so there won't be trouble over that. There could be problems with Damodred. Or, if Sammael is too lax.

EDIT: 1000th post. Yay!

[ June 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-06-2003, 01:37 PM   #74
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

First Post has been edited. Ahmad & Yusef are now in transit back to their tribe's encampment.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #75
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

So, Durelin - just tell me when you will be ready to have the game opened. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #76
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Quote:
Nerindel and Lyra - With the crew that Nerindel is bringing along, I hope that you two can manage to lead them together. Both have equal leadership above the crew. That could turn out interesting, couldn't it. Ugly, but interesting...
Indeed, Ghurdan will not like that idea at all, but I'm assumming that Sevora will order it? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ June 06, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 06-07-2003, 03:31 PM   #77
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Sorry everyone for not being here to reply to any questions, though I see there are few.

You see, my friend's parent's died Thursday night, and not because of an accident, either, so I will be a bit busy for a while. That's why I only had the chance to reply to one PM the other day... So, Ealasaid, you aren't in as much trouble about being late with your post! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Kidding, of course! You weren't late, I'm just picky! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nerindel - Of course Sevora will give you guys that order! She will be giving you lots of orders! She will also be ordering our beloved Priest and Priestess around, even though she is not technically above them, she is the head of this mission...so...she will definitely take advantage of that! That's a warning for Arien and Arelendil! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

The game can now be opened Pio! Thanks!

Oh, and tribesmen! Please post as often as you want to give us updates on what is happening!

And one more question, Pio: Do you think it would be possible to add a character once the RPG starts if we find someone who wants to play?

Might be a bit tricky, but...?

Thanks again!

-Durelin

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 06-08-2003, 02:08 AM   #78
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Game is now open for play.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

Please disable your signature for each post of the Game

Durelin - exactly what sort of character were you thinking of having join the game?

[ June 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-08-2003, 11:00 AM   #79
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

I was thinking we'd pass through towns or villages and such on our way away from Umbar. These would already be under Umbar's sway, so we might be able to recruit more warriors. We could have a cameo of a peasant sacrifice! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] I don't know...??
Old 06-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #80
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin - Sounds ok - just do what you are sure you can handle as the owner.

Ealasaid - I wanted to bring our two tribes closer together - so I have just posted that The Painted Sand tribe is encamped some distance east of where our tribe has come. There is a spring located between our two positions, and my character's sons-in-law have seen some of your tribe's horses being led away in the distance from the spring and your breakfast cooking fires.

If it's alright with you, I have made Ishak ben Ishak's wife a friend to my character. They may have traded herbs and compounds for medicinal uses in their previous encounters, and of course gossip and news of places they have been. Let me know if this is ok with you.