The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #601
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*scratches head* I'm confused. Was that a ranger save? It sounded more like something else altogether happened..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
But, by the looks of this narration there are atleast 3 ducks left, since Sally is using words like "group", "band", and "they all". If there were only 2 left it'd probably just be "pair" or something.
The narration indicates there could be up to four more ducks left. Good grief.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #602
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So the wereducks picked a kill, the kill was not ranger protected, but is a new role the Phantom's apprentice?

Is that a one time deal or not?

*is confused and tired*
Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #603
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
YAAAAAY!!!

....um.... whatever happened...

...might really have been the Ranger self-protecting, and all that "Phantom's Apprentice" stuff is just to confuse us?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #604
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Sounds to me like the ducks tried to kill the ranger, who was protecting xemself.

And it also appears that, even if this is not the case, all they have to do to find this person is to determine who is missing xyr hairbrush.

I hate it when I lose my hairbrush. Believe it or not, I once demanded that it be mailed back to me - a distance of 4000 miles - at a cost probably double its actual worth. A good hairbrush is hard to find.

EDIT: X'd with Nerwie
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #605
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
That looked like a ranger save to me.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #606
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

It seems that somebody forgot the two primary rules of WereWolf.
1) Don't mess with Phantom.
2) Don't mess with Phantom's apprentice.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #607
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Is that a one time deal or not?
That's what she said.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #608
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ranger save? Ah, there was a ranger save? Glad someone told me because I didn't see it mentioned in the narration. I guess I'll have to read more carefully next time, yeah?

(In other words, if there was a ranger save I would have said so.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #609
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
That looked like a ranger save to me.
How so, since it didn't actually say anything about the ranger saving anyone (or Larry the Cucumber saving anyone but xemself?)

The way you talk, one might think you were the ranger.

Just like the way Mith went after Lommy yesterDay, one would certainly think she was the seer...

but, of course, we know the seer wasn't protected, because the ranger protected xemself, as the narration clearly indicates. Which means the seer was not attacked, which can only mean Mith is a bluffing duck who threw Lommy to the... wolves... to make herself look good. Therefore:

++Mith

EDIT: X'd with the modgoddess, who confirmed what I'm saying. Go me.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #610
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Finding a note about an uncloaked apprentice to phantom? Interesting if not kind of creepy. Nevertheless, it was to the entire group. Doesn't look like it was just to someone(s) in particular.

Maybe it was a ranger save, maybe not. Especially since there was no mention of another person.

I think it an obvious statement - that at least one of the Lommy voters yesterDay was/is a wereDuckie.

X'd with Miss Duckess and Rikae.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #611
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

From the plot, it looked like the Cloaked figure went to the Ducks. Rather than the other way around. If it was a ranger save - regardless of whom was being saved. Wouldn't it of been mentioned?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #612
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For Rikae

Erm, hun, I said there WASN'T a ranger save. It's not that the ranger saved him/herself, it's that the ranger had nothing to do with the Night's events.

Carry on now.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #613
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My guess at the moment is that the cloaked figure "unlocked" their role in some fashion. Probably by completing a task, or some condition being met.

Meh, who knows - save for Sally and the cloaked figure.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #614
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
My guess at the moment is that the cloaked figure "unlocked" their role in some fashion. Probably by completing a task, or some condition being met.
Perhaps this person was able to unlock their role when the wolves chose to attack them. Though the fact that this mysterious figure was already waiting for them is rather odd.

I'm just wondering what sort of powers phantom's apprentice could have. And are they on our side or their own side? Perhaps we should keep an eye out for anyone who starts to impersonate the phantom toDay.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #615
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
What follows is a collection of all the meaningful remarks about and stances on Thinlomien that I could find. Note: this post contains no original analysis. It is merely a catalog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post

Well, it looks to me as if Fea and Phantom (in spite of his pining for the fjords) have posting requirements; Durelin was ordered to spam us with statistics, Lommy was told to act like Nogrod, Nerwen to revisit her fangirl role, and Mac to act like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Lommy is the second person to try and make sense – some suspicion of Mira and Nerwen. Thinks Durelin and Izzy seem innocent. And then there was a crosspost –was it Mira she was saying was a Cobbler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post

Innocent and Trying So Hard:

Lommy
Legate
Kath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Thinlómien - Serious side of the fence. Otherwise, no read.
Quote:

I am agreeing a lot with Shasta and Lommy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post

I won't be voting for Dury, Lommie, or Mac because they are not making referencees to things I don't understand. I have never seen the Princess Bride. or whatever ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Guilty:
Shasta
Wilwa
Dury
Izzy
Nerwen
Rikae
Lommy
Kath
Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I don't like either Lommy or Legate's votes. Why vote for someone if you don't think they're the were-duck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post

Lommie - Seems very very confused and frustrated...but is that because she actually is or because she's been told to act that way. Also voted Lari for banter. Suspicious.
Quote:
Lommy just seems really off. Her vote was an easy one, and her comment about not really thinking Lari is a wolf anyway but "oh, it's just Day 1"...
Quote:
Suspects:

[...]

Lommy: On one hand, she agreed with me when I said we should vote based only on behaviour. Yet she then votes Lari for banter posts. Very contradicting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Good work Lommy for spotting the "dream-thing" from Mira's posting. It looks like something worth trying for the ducks - not the least because even if they failed she would be a nice kill anyway leaving little tracks for anyone to follow. But if that is the truth, then we are sadly out of clues as to solving the problem Mac brought forwards as to whether the ducks feel confident or are under pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post

Lommy's "seer hint" spot makes a lot of sense, seers always seem to be the main target for wolves so it wouldn't surprise me for a second that they'd go after anyone who could fill that role.
Quote:

Of course I'm one to talk right now after my vote yesterDay... I do wish I had gone with Lommy or Mac just to stick to some standards, but...wasn't sure when I posted where Brinn was going and if Gwath's vote counted (until he came back and re-posted it).
Quote:
Lommie is ringing my alarm bells a bit... I don't know if it is just her playing conditions or the fact she is more interested in external things but she really seems different. Somewhat frivolous for someone who normally plays seriously. I don't really like her vote for Lari ... she doesn't seem to give reasons why suspicious but seems to use saying she might vote for her as justification for actually voting for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post

The list of people I'm pretty sure about:
  • Lommy
  • Rikae
  • Brinn
  • Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post

Unknown:
[...]
Lommy - I can usually figure her out fairly well, but not this time. That could mean she's evil, or that it's just her role/requirement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

Rikae, Lommy and Mith - there is something funny. Not humor funny. But weird funny.
Quote:
Lynch:

Lommy.
[and a few others]
Quote:

This is what's bothering me about Lommy, too. But I'm not sure if she'd try to be less frivolous and careless seeming if she was a wolf. She seems a bit more herself toDay than yesterDay, maybe because she was getting a little bit of attention... Last time I thought because she was easy-going she must be innocent I was dead wrong. But frivolous better describes her right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I

Lommy - liking Lommy so far toDay, maybe just 'cause she's arguing back, but I think that's a good sign.

[...]

Possibly innocent:
Lommy
Mac - for all that I said I think he's an impassioned innocent.
Rikae
Durelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
[would trust] Less:
  • Nienna
  • Macalaure
  • Durelin
  • Lommy
  • Mith
  • Rikae
Quote:
Trying to deflect attention from yourself Miss Duck? Hardly a major issue since there isn't a lot to look at from him and since I am as sure as duck eggs are duck eggs that you and Nienna are feathered I am more interested in attack than protection.. even of my boy.. If we could dispose of you both today and tonight then we will be well on our way...
Quote:
OK no more time but with one of my most confident votes ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post

Lommy – I have no idea.
Quote:
Okay, I have returned in a slightly different mood - here's a more negative list...yesss...

Evilish

[...]

Lommy - Part of me says she does not have her usual direction because she is a wolf trying hard to fabricate some things, part of me says she's not being careful enough to be a wolf. All I know is that ever since that game where she andphantom were wolves I suspect her a lot more. She's certainly not playing like she was then - she was extremely cool and smooth then along with frivolous. Here she seems more flustered and less on top of things. But that may be because she's come under a bit of pressure.

[...]

Creepy

Brinniel - She seems more flippant/frivolous than usual, kinda similar to Lommy.
Gwath - I don't know what it is. I think it's that he actually made a list.
[and others]
Quote:
I primarily object to Lommy's representation of my motives. She makes it seem as though putting Legate in my less suspicious category and then voting for him anyway was all part of a scheme on my part to get rid of an innocent whom I knew to be a particular threat. What could I, as a duck, have hoped to have gained from drawing attention to myself by voting for someone I had put in my less suspicious category? If it was a plot, then it was a poorly conceived one.
Quote:
More than anything, it just seems like she is trying to take something small, blow it out of proportion, and get me lynched.
Quote:

Lommy doesn't sit right with me either. It's not really how she says things, but what she says...if that makes any sense. I wonder if we're dealing with an evil Lommy this time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Lommy: Is looking slightly guilty.

[...]

So to sum things up:

Guilty/Feelings of Guilt
:
Lommy
Bubbles
Mith
Rikae
Wilwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
YAY!!!!1111!!!!

Another great dilemma!

Gwath...?
Lommy...?
Gwath...?
Lommy...?

Let's see:

Gwath did that strange thing (pointed out by wilwarin) of voting someone he didn't list in the "most suspicious" category. Then, toDay, his manner has been off...quite a lot like a Gwathwolf... but then Lommy is going after him heavily, and she doesn't feel right either.
Quote:

Also her [Durelin's] points on Lommy (as well as those made by Mith) look sensible. It’s probably the first time I’m really uneasy with Lommy due to her posting. There is something overtly careful in her posts and in her avoidance of debate – unless it is defending her case which she does a bit over the top this time.
Quote:
Lommy's behavior I think just seems too uncautious to be wolf behavior. I know she can be completely cool as a wolf, and her oddness (at least as I perceived it) did not start toDay when she has really come under pressure.
Quote:

I'm also worried about Lommy. She seems to be a bit too defensive and vague. She just doesn't feel like honest. The problem being she has been able to pull off a "honest-look" as a baddie as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Okay... there's really not much point voting for anyone except Gwath or Lommy...

++Lommy feels a bit worse, somehow.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #616
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Narration
“Phantom's apprentice has uncloaked. You have been warned.”
I'm wondering who is being warned here.

If Sally insists the ranger was not involved, there may be another protector/person with protection abilities (edit: or they gained protection abilities)...but there's no reason to really discuss it unless, as someone suggested, it ever becomes apparent that whoever the wolves went after here is not really on our side either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I think it an obvious statement - that at least one of the Lommy voters yesterDay was/is a wereDuckie.
With that many votes...yeah, I agree.

Hmm...what you up to, Rikae?

Thanks for the quotes, Gwath. As much as I'd like to be as helpful, it's a bit too late for that. Night night.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #617
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hmph. There's been none to amuse me in an hour. I'm going to bed.

(For the record, if anyone needs me most of toDay I'll be busy helping with a wedding shower -shut up, Mith- so if it's super important get the attention of Mnemo or Shasta, as they know how to get in touch with me)
Old 03-22-2009, 02:07 AM   #618
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Who worries me most:
wilwa
Durelin
Kath
Nienna

I could also add Rikae to that list for her weird vote for Mith. I don't understand. Was she actually being serious?
Old 03-22-2009, 03:38 AM   #619
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
YIPPEEEE! IT'S THEORY TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Perhaps this person was able to unlock their role when the wolves chose to attack them. Though the fact that this mysterious figure was already waiting for them is rather odd.

I'm just wondering what sort of powers phantom's apprentice could have. And are they on our side or their own side? Perhaps we should keep an eye out for anyone who starts to impersonate the phantom toDay.
*Nerwen brings her ENORMOUS BRAIN to bear*

Theory1. the phantom's apprentice is a good version of the Cursed Villager, one who becomes gifted when attacked. Power... well, we've already had a double-voter... maybe an Assassin? Or maybe someone who can change the wolves' target at Night, or protect innocents from lynching.

Theory2. As above, but tpa becomes a werebear when attacked.

Theory3. the phantom's apprentice's role is to drive everyone crazy.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #620
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

the phantom is someone who is not part of the village, and yet is in it.

the phantom's apprentice, therefore, would be someone 'dead' to the village, but still talking.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #621
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
the phantom is someone who is not part of the village, and yet is in it.

the phantom's apprentice, therefore, would be someone 'dead' to the village, but still talking.
Ohhhhh! Now that's a fantastic theory, Nilp! Except– Sally said everyone was still alive.

Maybe it's someone who can't vote but can't be killed either, like the phantom's "Opera Ghost" role a few games back?

I just love puzzles, don't you, Nilp?

YAY FOR CONFUSION!!!!!

*jumps up and down in excitement*

EDIT: fixed quotes.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-22-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #622
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I meant that the phantom's apprentice is 'alive' in the sense of being able to talk to us, but 'dead' in the sense of no longer contributing to the village.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 AM   #623
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I meant that the phantom's apprentice is 'alive' in the sense of being able to talk to us, but 'dead' in the sense of no longer contributing to the village.
Do you mean he or she no longer counts in the tally?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #624
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe

Perhaps. Who would really know? (Except the demented deity of this discussion.)
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #625
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Perhaps. Who would really know? (Except the demented deity of this discussion.)
But that would be a blow for the village, and the narration implied our feathered friends had a bad Night.

I don't think Sally would be that mean, do you?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #626
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Also–

Quote:
The narration indicates there could be up to four more ducks left. Good grief.
So there ought to be extra gifteds to balance all those ducks. (Imagine, if you will, a set of scales, one side containing a heap of gifteds; the other, ducks. See?)
Old 03-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #627
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

*looks at own post*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*dies and iz ded*
Old 03-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #628
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
From the plot, it looked like the Cloaked figure went to the Ducks. Rather than the other way around. If it was a ranger save - regardless of whom was being saved. Wouldn't it of been mentioned?
Maybe but to me it seemed that the cloaked villager was walking and then the Ducks/Wolves tried to get them. Then they were unmasked. So the Ducks/Wolves probably know who this person is but the rest of the village doesn't.

Quote:

Depending on what the powers are the phantom's apprentice might have tried to get Night killed. If it would unlock their special powers then they might have tried to be all "look at me look at me! You know you want to kill me!"

...and I just went back to the 10 Things I Hate About You references....

Quote:
That would make sense, but the number of people alive toDay is the same as the number alive last Night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
The Living
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
wilwarin538
Durelin
Nogrod
Isabellkya
Nerwen
Rikae
Mith
Kath
Lari
Mac
Nienna
Gwathagor
Nilpaurion Felagund[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
The Living
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
wilwarin538
Durelin
Nogrod
Isabellkya
Nerwen
Rikae
Mith
Kath
Lari
Mac
Nienna
Gwathagor
Nilpaurion Felagund[/I]
So there are the same people alive as there are dead right now. Unless one of those marked under Alive is actually Dead. Which makes no sense because even when Shasta was "dead" and still playing he wasn't actually counted with those who are Alive.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #629
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Mith is very nice and thoughtful , but just too confident. Too much confidence = evil. At least, that's the theory I'm going to go with.

++Mith
Quote:
Just like the way Mith went after Lommy yesterDay, one would certainly think she was the seer...

but, of course, we know the seer wasn't protected, because the ranger protected xemself, as the narration clearly indicates. Which means the seer was not attacked, which can only mean Mith is a bluffing duck who threw Lommy to the... wolves... to make herself look good. Therefore:

++Mith
Such confidence, Rikae.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #630
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Eye

*sigh*

Hamsters and elderberries.

I can't make this any clearer without making an analogy to the Oracles of Rokugan--which, no doubt, most, if not all, of you will understand, you bunch of gaijin.

Might as well get this over with.

I am he.

( )
Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #631
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

And what does that mean? What does it entail?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #632
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I second Gwath's question.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #633
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Tolkien Since so kindly requested.

Quote:
*sigh*
Was me being out of character. Usually I say '*sigh*', but perhaps I was so flustered by this goose-forsaken village that I forgot myself.

Quote:
Hamsters and elderberries.
You probably know this more than I do. Yeah, I'm sure of that.

Quote:
I can't make this any clearer without making an analogy to the Oracles of Rokugan--which, no doubt, most, if not all, of you will understand, you bunch of gaijin.
Quote:
Historically, the Oracles have been humans who have given up their humanity to house the power of a Dragon and become its agent in Ningen-do. The Oracles thus became not entirely human, creatures of great power. The Oracles also would retain no knowledge whatsoever of their mortal lives and break all contact with humanity, apart from their duties as Oracles. Many instances have been documented where a person recognizes an Oracle, but the Oracle has no recollection of the person, often despite the pair having spent years as close friends or family.

(From the L5R Wikia article on Oracles--emphasis mine)
Oh, and gaijin = foreigner, outsider, barbarian if you wish.

Quote:
Might as well get this over with.
The whole thing.

Yes, the whole thing.

Quote:
I am he.
Referring to myself both in the first- and the third-person, which is rather fun.

Quote:
( )
In case anyone is offended by anything. A sentiment I wish to repeat in this post.

( )
Old 03-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #634
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'm just epically confused.

What I've learned so far:
  • There wasn't a ranger save
  • For all intents and purposes there wasn't a kill last night
  • We have this interesting new apprentice
  • How to make bullets

About The Apprentice:
  • An apprentice is someone who learns and takes after their master
  • This new person is Phantom's Apprentice

Logic would then dictate that maybe this new person can talk to Phantom? and learn from him?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #635
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Sting Listiness.

Well, it's being late. Must go and vote.

Good
the phantom
satansaloser2005
Nerwen
Mithalwen
Rikae
Durelin

Goo
Mnemosyne
Lariren Shadow
Gwathagor
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel

Go
Nienna
Macalaure
wilwarin538

G
Nogrod
Isabellkya
Kath

' (being four letters short of a word)
the phantom's apprentice
Nilpaurion Felagund

With this I have concluded that she must leave the village.

++Kath

Good night!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #636
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I'm just epically confused.
What I've learned so far:
  • How to make bullets
You learned how to make bullets? I'm slightly jealous.

Quote:
' (being four letters short of a word)
the phantom's apprentice
Nilpaurion Felagund
...So you are the apprentice but not? I am way to confused...boo not enough caffeine and sleep in my system yet.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #637
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Someone went out at three in the morning. Did something stupid. I approve.

Gone for much of Day.

+
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
Nogrod
Lariren Shadow
Nienna

+-
Rikae
Durelin
Macalaure
wilwarin538

-
Isabellkya
Kath
Nilpaurion Felagund
Nerwen
Mithalwen
Gwathagor

Don't trust Nilp. Never have. Don't trust Nerwen. Too easy to hide beak behind pom pom. Don't trust Mith. Can't put finger on it. Others, equally unsure.

Never turn to evil for the sake of 'good.' Only protect the innocent. Look around despairingly. World lost innocence long ago.

Clay awaits. Sunday. Always clay on Sunday.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #638
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Isn't it funny how so many people defended Gwath on Day1, because he always gets lynched early on, and then so many people wanted him dead just one day later? Even funnier, much of the suspicion stemmed from his Day1 vote. The rest came from his reaction to being poked. As one of the pokers, I have to say that I found his reaction and later behaviour rather innocent. I'm quite puzzled by this and can't help but suspect Gwath's suspecters. Since Gwath was the runner-up to Quacklómien, I could very easily see a conspiracy, maybe only a spontaneous one, of the two other ducks against Gwath. The question is, did they try to get him lynched openly, or more behind the scenes. Keep your eyes open, fellow innocents. They are out there, ever looking for their next victim. Be watchful, for they watch you, too. Just like they wathed Gwatch.

A look at the votes (1-innocent to 5-guilty):

Mith -> Lommy (1)
Her certainty is astounding and it makes you wonder why she is still alive today - without a ranger save. Could be duck-on-duck, but somewhere something is going on behind the scenes that I don't get. I mean, more than we know of. [2]

Kath -> Lari (1)
Lari had also been suspected by Durelin, Lommy, and Gwath. This could be seen as an attempt to put another widely mistrusted person to compete with a possible Lommy-waggon. Her other suspect is Gwath, who would also have served the same purpose nicely. Her choice of top-suspects is somewhat suspicious. The fact that Lommy didn't go with Lari exonerates her. [3]

Lommy -> Gwath (1) [6]
Mac -> Lommy (2) [0]

Wilwa -> Gwath (2)
She goes along the same lines as Kath (same top suspects), which I think makes it unlikely that they both are ducks. Chooses Gwath over Lari, possibly because his waggon had more momentum (and possibly to follow her fellow's vote?). [4]

Rikae -> Mith (1)
Could be seen as an attempt to her vote out of the expectable race between Lommy, Gwath, and Lari. Only, evil-Rikae would never have done that. [2]

Nienna -> Gwath (3)
Also considers Mith, in a way that could be called a slight defense of Lommy. Chooses Gwath, who out of the given options was her top suspect. [4]

Brinn -> Lommy (4)
Putting the Lommy-waggon back on its rails. I think a duck would have refrained from making this vote. [1]

Fea -> Lommy (5)
Same as above, since they cross-voted. [1]

Gwath -> Lommy (6)
The logical choice. [2]

Durelin -> Lommy (7)
Has been after Lommy and Lari and chooses Lommy for obvious reasons. Unsuspicious. [1]

Lari -> Gwath (4)
The last two posts before her vote were counts. Before that, she listed Lommy as guilty and Gwath as unsure. Very suspicious. [5]

Izzy -> Lari (2)
Very consequent. No reason to suspect. [1]

Nogrod -> Lommy (8)
A model of indecisiveness, completely on the fence between Lommy and Gwath. Waits with his vote til it already had been decided. This is typical for him, but that does not mean that he couldn't be a duck trying to get away with it. [3]

Nerwen -> Lommy (9)
Pulls a Nog, but messes up the timing. It takes years of experience to do his trick. The thing in her favour is that an evil Nerwen would probably have acted more determinedly. [3]

PS:
*ignores the entire tp's apprentice thing*
*enjoys absence of headache*

PPS:
Nilp is cracked. Cracked rhymes with quacked. He must be evil, logically.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #639
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Bubbles = Conspiracy Theorist

Nilp = Ursine fabulist

Gwath = forgot the most important thing said about Loms

Fea = Terse
Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #640
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Boots

A zatetic querimony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratwurst
The fact that Lommy didn't go with Lari exonerates her.
What is this idiolalla? What ""her", O Mac the Macropterous?