The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #4641
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I can go next but then the game won't start before September 13th (admin thread can be up much earlier of course).

Thus, I recommend somebody taking the next spot ex tempore. It's fun.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #4642
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I can go next but then the game won't start before September 13th (admin thread can be up much earlier of course).
That's funny. We could be up and running by like... the sixth or seventh. Technically we could be up and running the 5th if needed, but it might be a slightly rocky first couple deadlines. Then again, the nature of the games, that wouldn't be so bad...

So maybe we should put it as, if the current game ends swiftly, and anybody can get started immediately, they should go ahead of us, but otherwise Ni and I will just go for it?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #4643
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
That's funny. We could be up and running by like... the sixth or seventh. Technically we could be up and running the 5th if needed, but it might be a slightly rocky first couple deadlines. Then again, the nature of the games, that wouldn't be so bad...
Given that today is the 26th (right?) I think starting around the 6th should be perfectly fine... (but I have to admit I haven't been following the current game.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
So maybe we should put it as, if the current game ends swiftly, and anybody can get started immediately, they should go ahead of us, but otherwise Ni and I will just go for it?
Sounds like a plan.

PS. If sombody else mods before you, you can go before me if you want to because a) I have given everybody such a headache with not being able to mod and b) I'm not any more busy later in September. So whatever suits you the best!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4644
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Given that today is the 26th (right?) I think starting around the 6th should be perfectly fine... (but I have to admit I haven't been following the current game.)
As we're working out the details of the game now, while we have time, we should have it more or less ready to go before either of us leave next weekend, and then one of us (probably me depending on when Ni will be returning) will send out roles and get things started. You know, provided that this game has ended, and recruitment is quick, etcetera etcetera.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #4645
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hello folks. I'm planning on posting up the game thread for Ni and my game either tonight or tomorrow. Once it's up, sign-ups are open. Once we have at least 15 people, we'll get started.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #4646
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So I don't know if I'll be able to play in any more games for awhile due to work and sleep schedule conflicts ( ) and the possibility of me being in a community theater production (which my audition for is tomorrow ) starting in the next week or so.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:06 AM   #4647
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green We Need Mods!

Since Fea and Nienna's glorious game just ended, mine will be up next. It will involve most probably a basic full cast (wolves, seer, ranger, hunter and cobbler) and you will be Nargothrondian Elves in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth. Admin thread will be up in a few days (tomorrow?)...

Anyway, I'm here not to just advertise my game, but also point out our severe lack of mods. There's no one in the line after me! (Or, there is Rikae who wants to mod in January and Folwren who wants to mod "when she has enough experience".)

So, we need mods. Any volunteers? Foley feeling prepared enough to take the spot after me?

And I would say that in a case like this if there is a volunteering mod and he/she hasn't officially played enough games or has modded too recently, we ignore those "rules". I'd call them guidelines, anyway.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #4648
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
So, we need mods. Any volunteers? Foley feeling prepared enough to take the spot after me?
Well I've been thinking about doing another game, but not completely sure whether I want to go for a more complicated/experimental game or the standard. By complicated, I mean trying out some modified roles. The theme is lovably Tolkien related, set in Bree when the Rangers have left.

I would still need at least a week or two to figure it all out, and also this would mean I would need to sit out of your game Lommy. I need a bit more time off.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #4649
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Well, Glirdy and I would like to Mod together, but he just just modded so we'd have to wait for a while (and we don't have any details worked out), but eventually we will be interested. And we're aiming for epicness.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #4650
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Well, Glirdy and I would like to Mod together, but he just just modded so we'd have to wait for a while (and we don't have any details worked out), but eventually we will be interested. And we're aiming for epicness.
Well for the most part I've got the premise down and the roles will pretty standard (normal wolves, and at least normal seer and ranger). But I'm planning on doing something similar to what you did with the Grimm Tales, and just take a few LOTR characters to have some kind of minor role. (Only not as many).

Like I really want Bill Ferney and Harry Goatleaf as cobblers (and add a bit more than just normal cobblers). As well as a Butterbur who is on the innocents side, and if killed by the wolves, his ale is so deliciously tasty, the wolves are unable to transform and make a kill the next night.

Plus possibly a few others, I just don't want to have it be completely out of balance also, if I were to do it after Lommy's game I would probably need a co-mod.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #4651
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:

Throwing this out there, if we have no one to mod after Boro has gone, perhaps Wilwa and I should start working out the details now as a "just en cas" scenario.

I know with the new rules and regulations that we have all come to agree upon that I should not be going, but I will not be having full control of the game.

It's up to you guys.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #4652
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ahem. I'd said a while back that I'd like to be in the mod queue again.

That being said, I'd like to put myself last on whatever queue we may line up in the next few days, as my game is going to take loads of preparation and my internets have been rather shoddy of late anyway.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #4653
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I can host at any time, if we're in dire need. Just say the word.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #4654
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I might also be willing to give modding a shot one day.

I've been modding a few games during the years so I'm in no great hurry as long as there are players who haven't yet modded or who have modded only once or a long-long time ago... But just to inform you: maybe once again I could take the job.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #4655
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, so we have potentially (in no order whatsoever with the exception of my sallycakes)

Boro
Wilwa and myself
Nog
Shasta
Sally

So, who's going to go after Lommykins?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #4656
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I might also be willing to give modding a shot one day.

I've been modding a few games during the years so I'm in no great hurry as long as there are players who haven't yet modded or who have modded only once or a long-long time ago... But just to inform you: maybe once again I could take the job.
Oooo! *bats eyelashes* Can this mean more Dueling Wizards?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #4657
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Obviously since I just finished a game, I shouldn't even raise my hand, but I've had a game of my own in mind since before Ni recruited me to be the face and illustrator of her game.

It's experimental in nature, but with a very simple premise. Just wolves, villagers, and a seer, with possibly another role or two to keep it balanced based on the experimental part. I'm in no big hurry, but I would definitely like to mod my own premise some time in the not horribly distant future.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #4658
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No, I'm not ready to mod a game. I haven't thought of any plot or place or anything, and I don't have time to think of anything, even if I did have time to mod it, which I don't.

So, I'll just wait for now. Thanks for asking, though.

-- Foley
Old 09-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #4659
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I also have an experimental yet Tolkien-themed game in mind, but I need to sort out the details before I can be any more specific.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #4660
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
So, who's going to go after Lommykins?
After sorting out things with a few open ears yesterday, I'm ready to go with a game, and have modded one so far, back in December. If anyone hasn't modded a game yet (who can and has one ready), go ahead after Lommy. If not, I'm ready to do another one.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #4661
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm ready to go with a game, and have modded one so far, back in December.
Actually dear, your fantastic game (that I won ) was August 2009, so you're definitely due to Mod another one.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #4662
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oooo! *bats eyelashes* Can this mean more Dueling Wizards?
Heh... well, it's quite a unique game. We've had two so far I think, one by lmp and one by me, and I think the next one doing it should be a different person just to spread that fun. Although anyone considering of doing it should be aware beforehand that it is actually quite time-consuming and requires the mod to be able to hold quite a web of threads together... so it's not the simplest of tasks.

But it's been some time the last Dueling Wizards was played and we have I think a host of players now active that haver never had a chance to play it, so why not in some not so distant future once again?

To those who have never checked the marvellous concept of Dueling Wizards, here's the last one (it has the participant list and full rules after the prologue post).

I'm quite ready to mod a conventional kind of game or a more experimental one, whatever the general feeling is that people wish to play when it comes to my turn.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #4663
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eye

My admin thread is up now, please sign up!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #4664
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Since Lommy's game is winding down I should have my admin thread and open the sign-ups sometime late tonight. If not than early tomorrow morning (ohh the love of NEOEA day )

Set in Bree and Fea's agreed to do the day lynch narrations in the style of the drawings from her game for me. Don't wanna miss!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #4665
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Taking applications for/requesting a co-mod

Though it's not my turn yet, for my game to run properly I'll need a solid co-mod who is an experienced (read, veteran) Werewolf player. The veteran part is important, as the game will deal with various events in BD WW history. There will be (as always!) twists and turns and my co-mod will hopefully be able to help me fine tune some aspects of the game. If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks!

~~Sally~~
Old 11-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #4666
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The Eye

So, who's next?

Wilwa and Glirdy? Nog? Sally? Shasta?

Sallycakes, I would otherwise volunteer for being a co-mod, but I think you'd do better with a co-mod who can help you in posting narrations etc in case you don't happen to be here around the DL and that won't be me with your dreadful US DLs. Anyway, in case now one else volunteers, feel free to poke me about it. (Also, I don't know about my schedules in the near future so volunteering might be a bit hazardous.)

PS. Wow this Uni browser/computer has spell check even when I write here!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #4667
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I don't think Glirdy and I are quite ready, I have the idea but I haven't started sorting out the details yet and he is really busy. We could probably go after whoever is next though. Tidbit: it will be Tolkien related and hopefully awesome.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #4668
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So, who's next?

Wilwa and Glirdy? Nog? Sally? Shasta?

Sallycakes, I would otherwise volunteer for being a co-mod, but I think you'd do better with a co-mod who can help you in posting narrations etc in case you don't happen to be here around the DL and that won't be me with your dreadful US DLs. Anyway, in case now one else volunteers, feel free to poke me about it. (Also, I don't know about my schedules in the near future so volunteering might be a bit hazardous.)

PS. Wow this Uni browser/computer has spell check even when I write here!

For what it's worth, this DL will likely be European-friendly; I've gotten terribly old in the last few months and fancy going to bed earlier. I've been informed () that Madame Fea will be my co-mod, but the more the merrier, so if you think you can't play I'd love a third pair of eyes on rules and roles and things.

Also, I can't possibly go next. With my co-mod being all deaded from thesis I've not planned everything out thoroughly, so I'd rather someone else go next.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #4669
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

If nobody else can go now I *might* be able to put this together by next Monday. But if someone else could go first that would be ok.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #4670
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
If nobody else can go now I *might* be able to put this together by next Monday. But if someone else could go first that would be ok.
I'd be happy if we went by the list, meaning that I would take not this one but the next one. I do have quite busy times for one and half weeks from now on, but it should get better after that. I'd hate to mod a game with my scheduals full.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #4671
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
For what it's worth, this DL will likely be European-friendly; I've gotten terribly old in the last few months and fancy going to bed earlier. I've been informed () that Madame Fea will be my co-mod, but the more the merrier, so if you think you can't play I'd love a third pair of eyes on rules and roles and things.
Alright, we'll see when it's a more actual topic, because it would be fun to play too if I just have time...
Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #4672
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm not sure what the current order is, but if needed, the earliest I can host is Wednesday, November 17th.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #4673
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm not sure what the current order is, but if needed, the earliest I can host is Wednesday, November 17th.
If you can put the admin thread up earlier, I think you should go next. Seems like the others are a bit reluctant to take the next place...
Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #4674
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
If you can put the admin thread up earlier, I think you should go next. Seems like the others are a bit reluctant to take the next place...
If Wilwa and Glirdan can't/need more time/are unable to, then certainly. Wilwa? Glirdan? Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #4675
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I could potentially have the thread up on thursday, but if Shasta can go first that would be nice cause we still have stuff to work out and I'd hate to rush through it. But we will almost certainly be able to go after him.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #4676
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I could potentially have the thread up on thursday, but if Shasta can go first that would be nice cause we still have stuff to work out and I'd hate to rush through it. But we will almost certainly be able to go after him.
Duly noted. Expect an admin thread in the next day or so.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #4677
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If I'm still on the list of potential mods, I can run a game anywhere between December 16 and the end of January, likely. School ends on the 16th, so that's pretty exciting. I'm way too busy to participate in anything now, though.

-- Foley
Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #4678
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green Just a piece of amusement for ww players...

So, Greenie and I went to see the newest Harry Potter movie yesterday. We totally cracked up when this trailer came up (hadn't seen it before!) Our mum was with us and she didn't get what was so funny - no wonder as she doesn't play ww.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #4679
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
So, Greenie and I went to see the newest Harry Potter movie yesterday. We totally cracked up when this trailer came up (hadn't seen it before!) Our mum was with us and she didn't get what was so funny - no wonder as she doesn't play ww.
Thanks. I bet I just cracked up at the very same line as you two did.

Actually, the film looks pretty hilarious in its own right.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #4680
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Boots

Ha ha! I saw the HP movie a couple of weeks ago and I remember seeing that. I thought at the time that they ought to have consulted some experts like us on the particulars of wolvish hehaviour.