The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2002, 08:03 PM   #1
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Question How many and What were Arwen and Aragorn's children's names?

I have been wondering this question for quite some time, so, if anyone can help me, the help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:13 PM   #2
Davin
Wight

Davin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

As far as I know, they had a son named Eldarion, and a few daughters. I don't know any of the girls names though.

»»The Telmena««
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #3
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Sting

I would really like to know the girl's names. Does anyone have a clue what they are? Also, are you all sure that Aragorn and Arwen had only one boy?
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:23 PM   #4
Davin
Wight

Davin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

That's all that I am aware of. I'll read up on it....I only have LoTR and The Sil...so I don't know everything about their children.

»»The Telmena««
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 06:43 AM   #5
Vinyaampawen
Animated Skeleton

Vinyaampawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Vinyaampawen
I have asked many of my LOTR friends the same question and all we have been able to come up with is the name of their son, Eldarion. So....not to be insulting....maybe because the author was male and females were not that important to the story, as seen by the author, he never named the daughters of Arwen and Aragorn.

Hope I did not offend anyone with that answer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 06:59 AM   #6
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Did not offend me, Vinya, if anyone was offended by that line, they'er the ones with a problem.
But back to the topic, I've read somewhere (off course I don't recall where or when I read it, when I finally need it - typical!) that Arwen and Aragorn had a son (Eldarion) and some daughters. (As already stated here.) It also said that the information of the daughters were no where to be found. To say that more clearly, if Tolkien ever gave those girls names, he didn't write it down. *shaking her head strictly*
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:08 AM   #7
Elsaur
Pile O'Bones

Elsaur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Elsaur Send a message via AIM to Elsaur
The Eye

in appendix 1 it says that he gave the crown to his son eldarion before he died and evidence says he had a couple of girls but i've looked everywhere and it does not name them or give any details. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Dark_Lord_Sauron
Newly Deceased

Dark_Lord_Sauron has just left Hobbiton.
Aragorn's kids

I found his son's name, Eldarion, and he has 5 daughters: Nimloth, Vardarianna, Ellennanórë, Inzildûn,and Andúnië, as far as I know.
Dark_Lord_Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Welcome to the Downs, Dark_Lord_Sauron! I'd be interested to hear where you found the names for Aragorn and Arwen's daughters - I've never seen them mentioned in any of the books.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree One son and at least two daughters

According to 'The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen', from Appendix A of LotR, Aragorn II (Elessar) and Arwen had at least three children: one son, Eldarion, who succeeded his father as king, and at least two daughters, as there is a mention of unnamed 'daughters'.

Like Esty, I'd be very interested to know where you found those names, Dark_Lord_Sauron! Welcome to the Downs!
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I did google this at the time and the only reference seemed to be to fanfiction on DeviantArt. My guess is an honest mistake on the part of DLS if (s)he had come across it and not realised the girls names weren't canon. ..whoever devised them clealy knows a fair bit...by meaning they are plausible girls' names. You have to be a fairly high level geek to spot the tell tale spelling errors in Adunaic and Quenya

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 03:07 AM   #12
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe Aragorn and Arwen's Daughters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Sauron View Post
I found his son's name, Eldarion, and he has 5 daughters: Nimloth, Vardarianna, Ellennanórë, Inzildûn,and Andúnië, as far as I know.

I believe these are from a fanfic written on RP.ME.

Just for fun, I spent a little time going through a bunch of internet 'Aragorn and Arwen's Daughters' fanfics, and it was interesting that the number of children run from a minimum of three and as many as six that I found. Most have Eldarion as the firstborn, but a few of the more interesting ones had him second-born or later. Here is a list of names used...
  • Nimloth
  • Vardarianna
  • Ellennanórë
  • Inzildûn
  • Andúnië
  • Ancalimë
  • Silmariën
  • Eruthiawen
  • Almarea
  • Erthoril
  • Eliominal
  • Evrindil
  • Annuihel
  • Gilrin
  • Celeblas
  • Melyanna
  • Telperiën
  • Gilraen
  • Orelien
  • Celebrenien
  • Celebrian
  • Elliniël
  • Alatáriel
  • Eldariën
  • Elarinya
  • Verya
  • Calaldhiel
  • Nimariel
  • Réwen
  • Eleniel
  • Domiel
  • Freaniel
  • Teliwen

Last edited by Snowdog; 01-21-2024 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Adding 'Daughter' names used in Fanfix
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote