The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2002, 02:41 PM   #41
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Yes, I imagine I'm in middle earth a lot.

Like Mairl, when I go hiking I'm albe to relax. I just wish I could wear my cloak and not be thought of as a freak!
Old 09-03-2002, 03:11 PM   #42
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hm. I wouldn't just want to be in LOTR because I was bored. I wish that all the time! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Because then I wouldn't be thought odd for acting all hobbity like. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 11:21 PM   #43
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

There's a thread somewhere about risking being in Middle Earth in the 3rd age. Couldn't find it (not much time).

Last two weekends ago, I went trekking with my class in one of our country's national parks, I never thought that I'd stand it, but surprisingly, I did. we spent over three to eight hours walking on mud and the occassional water bufallo poo underneath unpredictable rain or shine mood swing of a weather forecast. eventhough i hardly slept with all the mosquitoes biting me, the night sky was gorgeous.

By the time it was all over and Iwas back at home, I thought "nah, I'd make it in Middle Earth." and i definitely want an interdimensional porthole to take me there!
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 11:42 PM   #44
Tirned Tinnu
Wight

Tirned Tinnu has just left Hobbiton.
Neferchoirwen, you're not the only one who's dreaming of interdimentional potholes, me too! I often daydream that on a camping trip a nasty band of Orcs might come flying out of nowhere, and oooooffah, I'm the damsel in distress, or the fierce fighter, and all my friends are freaking out....

On a side note, I was recently reading a Stephen Hawking theory on Time Bubbles. He claims that they pop up all the time, it's just that we don't see them. I've thought that perhaps only animals with acute senses of magnetic fields might see them - like cats! Have you ever seen a cat run to a corner, and stare at nothing? People say they are ghosts, but I say they are tiny holes in space-time. The cats are interested, but don't know what to make of them. The problem with these rifts in time is that they are too small and too short-lived to use. Anyway, there's tremendous risk, even if you found one big enough to get into. What if you materialized into solid rock? Or 200 feet above the ground? Or into the middle of the ocean? The chances are greater that you'd be in trouble than if you would arrive safely at your destination. Oh, that to. Where in time and space would you be?! Still it's nice to daydream that we could eventually find ourselves in Hobbiton, a nice mug of ale at our side, lazily puffing smoke rings on a sweet summer afternoon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]