The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
The Eye Age of Sauron

I was reading some comic books today (X-men age of apoclypse) and I got to thinking, what would have happened if Frodo had of been killed at Amon Sul and the ring taken?
I know what everyone says, sauron would take over Middle Earth, but what would the world be like?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 11:32 PM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Dark n' dusty. And no more potato chips.

It was shown in the prologue of Fotr, what happened when Sauron claimed the free lands of Middle Earth. I suppose the whole world would look like Mordor.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:23 AM   #3
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Ring

Well, I'm not sure if I read anything about it all in the books, but I have a personal opinion. That would be that during the beginning of his reign (after he defeated the armies that'd oppose him), Sauron would make most people into slaves. Those who were problematic would be tortured and/or killed. Most plants and animals would be destroyed, maybe all, except what was *needed* for food.

There probably wouldn't be many babies made at this point, and the free peoples would soon die out. As they did, I believe that Sauron would abandon his races to whatever would come of them. In time, they'd die out, too. This'd leave the earth barren and empty.

Now, what he'd do with this, I'm not sure, but I think that it would (soon or eventually) come to this.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #4
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
The Eye

No Frodo, AHHHHHHHHHH! *Runs around the room screaming*
Well, I guess Elrond can forget about his lovely window treatments.
That would leave me to have tea with a Barlog. Hmm....
Old 06-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Location: my computer chair, being smothered by my impossibly large cat
Lëowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lëowen
Shield

I suppose then that the only creatures left in Middle-earth would be orcs and Uruk-hai. And with no one left to fight, I guess they would all be stuck have nice, civilized games of chess and knitting. That wouldn't be too terrifying, though.
With all of his hoardes of doom sitting around knitting and playing chess, Sauron might get the idea to build a new, more scary hoarde of doom comprised entirely of rabbits.
It's then quite possible that the orcs and Uruk-hai wouldn't like that, and so would rise up to fight this new evil, much as the Men, Elves, Dwarves and hobbits did before them. Thus, the history of Middle-earth would replay itself, except with orcs and Uruks.

(Yes, I am really, REALLY bored.)
Old 06-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #6
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

You only have to look at Ithilien to see what it would be like. And after everything had forgotten freedom and joy, it would probably look much like the plateau of Gorgoroth. I wonder if that cloud that was over Gondor would become a permanent fixture as well...
Peace
Old 06-28-2003, 01:26 PM   #7
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
Shield

I think everything would be dark and all of ME would turn into Middle Mordor. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2003, 02:13 PM   #8
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That would make a fascinating movie...

The Ring is returned to Sauron, and all hope is lost. Aragorn musters his rangers, and they lead and attack on the Black Gate itself. Only twelve get through, out of thousands. The Twelve finally reach Barad-dur, and challenge Sauron on his front steps. The suspense builds, the music gets louder... BOOM! Sauron comes riding out on a huge black horse, the Ring glowing on his hand. Aragorn takes a deep breath, and they charge. Sauron laughs hideously and leaps forward, crushing the rightful king to the ground in one fell swoop. The eleven shout and turn to run, but are struck down one by one. Darkness falls.

Okay, that was morbid. I'm in a bad mood today, had to weed the garden.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:53 PM   #9
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

That is sorta not what I was looking for, waht I was looking for was something more like this (my opinion)

After Sauron recieved the ring i belive he would "Enslave" those of the races other then orcs (and the few humans, easterlings, haradrim)Sauron would use the races for for slavery, depending on their race, Dwarves mining minerials for sauron's armys, elves and halflings for farming, and humans for, manual labor. (thats my opinion) I dont think sauron would make all the land like mordor... since sauron didnt make mordor look like it did, that was geological from the dust and ash from Mt Doom
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:08 PM   #10
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
The Eye

Quote:
With all of his hoardes of doom sitting around knitting and playing chess, Sauron might get the idea to build a new, more scary hoarde of doom comprised entirely of rabbits.
We can't forget about the evil rubber duckies! Hmm, I wonder if Barlogs like BBQ sauce in their tea.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:42 AM   #11
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Hell, the ERD's really DID take over the Bdowns then???
Anyway, I think that it would be hell. Just plain and simple, really. Sauron would find some way to get Melkor out of the void and then they would fight and ME would probably blow up. Or Eru would get involved, but I'm not sure on that.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:15 AM   #12
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

There is another thread in the Books forum about this subject, so I think it's better if you all started posting there instead. Duplicate threads are confusing.
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...c&f=1&t=003410
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote