Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #1481
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Suppertime

I've moved time ahead. Which has caused one problem. Falco asked a question that never got answered. If you wish to post Javan's and Léof's answer on this thread, I can add it to the appropriate place in my post. I should think that conversation could still be a lot of fun.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #1482
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
We could also get the boys to the supper as well... at last.

Celuien: What do you think? Another one of us (or Lommy) could bring the two to the table and describe something of their day. Another could then give us some more. And we might have at least Garstan and Stigend to be around.

Who could have shown them what to do in the morning?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #1483
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
We should bring the boys to the table. I expect they're rather tired and hungry by now.

I forget the name, but the shepherd probably showed them what to do in the morning.

Any other ideas?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #1484
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Any other ideas?
Let's go on from where we started a week ago or something... I'll PM you tomorrow (RL) as I need to go to sleep now. If you have any new ideas please PM me.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #1485
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Form do you want to get together and write a post of the rest of our walk via PM?

Lhuna and Lommy I'll write one for Frodides tomorrow (hopefully) at the end of which I can write Modtryth coming in and we can go from there if that sounds ok?
Old 02-06-2007, 03:38 AM   #1486
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
Another one of us (or Lommy) could bring the two to the table and describe something of their day. Another could then give us some more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Lhuna and Lommy I'll write one for Frodides tomorrow (hopefully) at the end of which I can write Modtryth coming in and we can go from there if that sounds ok?
Agreed and agreed.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #1487
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I've moved time ahead. Which has caused one problem. Falco asked a question that never got answered. If you wish to post Javan's and Léof's answer on this thread, I can add it to the appropriate place in my post. I should think that conversation could still be a lot of fun.
It could, indeed! But does that mean you want more than just a quick answer from the boys and a quick retreat? Do you want me to write something that Falco can answer to?

Firefoot, if I write something, may I use Leof?

-- Folwren
Old 02-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #1488
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
It could, indeed! But does that mean you want more than just a quick answer from the boys and a quick retreat? Do you want me to write something that Falco can answer to?
Suit yourself. We just need to not leave it hanging like it is.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #1489
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Firefoot, if I write something, may I use Leof?
Sure.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #1490
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty. Sorry it took me such ages to get around to writing this tiny bit.

Put this direction after "What duties are you leaving unattended" line. Don't bother with the 'Folwren's post' thing, either. I'd rather just see it added on without interruption.

-- Folwren

“We’re not leaving any duties,” Javan blurted out. “I mean, we were just grooming some horses. We came because we heard someone screaming.” He finally looked away from Lefun and Ritun and his eyes settled on Falco. They were still as round as saucers and nearly as large. Falco’s face wore a look of unveiled annoyance and Javan swallowed, abruptly realizing that he was still staring, even if it wasn’t at the twins. He dropped his gaze and looked at the ground, sending small glances up at the hobbit and then at Lefun and Ritun. “What did she scream for?” he asked.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #1491
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The boys are back in town...

Just a few things.

Celuien:
- If there's anything in Garstan or his children you would like to see changed just infor me about it.
- Do you think the length of five days for the boys task is too long?
- I though we could now make at least two-three (shortish?) posts were the boys would in the end tell what had happened during the day and how the adults / Leothern would react to that. You think it ok?
- The last one with Leothern I just couldn't resist... If you don't like it, I'll edit it away.

Lmp:
- I thought lord Eodwine would be happy to be able to assign any help to someone who has actually asked his help. PR... I hope it's allright. If not, I''ll change those parts.
- I made Leothern learn the first letters: A, D, E, F & G. The list looked fine to me, but as I'm no cognoscenti in the matters of ME-languages (and that list came with gut feelings, mostly), please inform me if they should be changed.

Nice to be back again for a long time...
Old 02-08-2007, 02:17 AM   #1492
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Will do nicely, thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #1493
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well done Celuien! This is looking promising.

I'll come with something to roll this further tomorrow (RL). I have some ideas already, I just need time to write them down...

And Lommy, if you just have time and an occasion (narrationwise) feel free to step in.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #1494
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
And Lommy, if you just have time and an occasion (narrationwise) feel free to step in.
Nah, I think I'll leave it to you two since I feel more like going home and eating than writing a post atm, and I won't have a computer with a net access at my disposal during the weekend.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #1495
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ok Lommy and Lhuna, Frodides has just sent Ginna and Modtryth off to the main Hall. Hope that the post is alright with you both, just poke me if you want anything changed.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #1496
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Foley, the edit has been made and that post has been added to.

Take a look if you like.

I've also posted a new bit, introducing Garreth and Harreld's interest in the new serving wench....
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #1497
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

That was just too funny, Elempi.

I'll try to get a post up sometime this week, perhaps after my three exams.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #1498
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Glad ya liked it. I had fun writing it.

Anybody else want to write? Feel free, no one's telling you not to..... (Elempi looks around the virtual room hoping somebody will step up...)
Old 02-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #1499
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Anybody else want to write? Feel free, no one's telling you not to..... (Elempi looks around the virtual room hoping somebody will step up...)
Doesn't Celuien's and mine latest activity count?

Be aware what you wish for! We'll be writing even more if you don't hold back your wishes! And then the thread will be filled again with kid-trouble...

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-11-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #1500
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Be aware what you wish for! We'll be writing even more if you don't hold back your wishes! And then the thread will be filled again with kid-trouble...
Yes. That's very true.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #1501
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Yes. That's very true.
I can already see zillions of ways Cnebba will take offence as he comes to the table and sees the siblings having an eating competition from which he's left out... But that needs to await 'till tomorrow (RL) as it's too late again here.

Celuien: I just love the way you handle this!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #1502
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Doesn't Celuien's and mine latest activity count?
Yes. But I want more.

Quote:
And the problem with that is......?

As for me, I can hardly wait for Ginna to start flirting with Harreld and Garreth.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #1503
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
As for me, I can hardly wait for Ginna to start flirting with Harreld and Garreth.
So flirting is the thing you need to be happy?

Isn't Leothern good enough? She's better than most I've seen yet...
Old 02-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #1504
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Haha! Fun stuff, everyone.

Elempi and Lhuna, I foresee some many problems with Ginna - besides the twins, poor darling. This could be amusing. Do you have a lot of plans for her and her misfortunes?

Well, if you're wanting so much for other writers, I'll see if I can write anything for Thornden or Javan. I've hardly worked with Thornden at all today. Tara, are you about?

-- Folwren
Old 02-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #1505
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Surely you don't expect her to be at it right away, Elempi - not with Eodwine in the same room!

I hope I haven't done ill, putting words into either of the two's mouth.

Foley, I personally don't have a lot of plans. The more troubles, the happier, I masochistically say.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #1506
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
So flirting is the thing you need to be happy?
No, just an active rpg.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #1507
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lhuna, is it okay with you if Ginna and Modtryth had their meal together after everything's done with the meal in the hall and talked a bit? (Or that's what Modtryth plans, but of course there can be surprises...)
Old 02-15-2007, 01:35 AM   #1508
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Lhuna, is it okay with you if Ginna and Modtryth had their meal together after everything's done with the meal in the hall and talked a bit? (Or that's what Modtryth plans, but of course there can be surprises...)
Sure. (Well, ignoring the "surprises" bit...)

Surprises...hmm...

Ginna's alone at the well. Or is this not an appropriate time and place, Elempi?

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 02-15-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #1509
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Ginna's alone at the well. Or is this not an appropriate time and place, Elempi?
I don't see why not. Frodides might have a thing or two to say about it, though.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 AM   #1510
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I don't see why not. Frodides might have a thing or two to say about it, though.
She doesn't have to know anything.

Would you mind if Harreld goes there? (Ooh, Ginna's writer is biased! ) I don't know what Garreth and the rest would think of that, or if it's more likely for Garreth to suddenly up and leave. Either of them will do.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:56 AM   #1511
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmmmm.... this could be interesting. Harreld, eh? How bashful, versus how desperate, or how smitten is he?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #1512
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
She doesn't have to know anything.
Oh she will! Frodides has eyes everywhere.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #1513
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempi
Hmmmm.... this could be interesting. Harreld, eh? How bashful, versus how desperate, or how smitten is he?
Ginna (nor her writer) has no idea.

Quote:
Oh she will! Frodides has eyes everywhere.
Come now...it's too early for her to spoil the fun.

I might have had a bit too much fun with my last post, though. Feel free to poke, perhaps slap, me.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #1514
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Come now...it's too early for her to spoil the fun.
It's alright. Her writer is rather snowed under at the moment and has no intention of interrupting! I want to see where this goes.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #1515
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I might have had a bit too much fun with my last post, though. Feel free to poke, perhaps slap, me.
Harreld needs to be more of a bumbling fool (I mean that in the nicest possible way ). I sent you a PM about it, Lhuna.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #1516
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Announcement

I am going to take a leave of absence for 40 days, starting Wednesday. For the interim, Kath has graciously accepted responsibility for keeping things going at the Eorling Mead Hall. Please be nice to her.

Eodwine, Falco, and "Rilef" are going to go on a little day (or more) trip to the ruins. The twins, Harreld and Garreth, will still be around for supper. Handle them gently, please.

Any questions?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #1517
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, yes...one, anyway, and only if you don't mind. Where are you heading for 40 days? A fast? Lent? (Or something like Lent, as you're not Catholic.)

Well, good luck on whatever you're doing. We'll be nice to Kath and gentle with your characters. I will anyway; I won't talk for the other writers.

Oh, makes me think of another necessary question - what do you mean by Gentle? Do not touch them much? Or, when we do use them, make very sure they're in character? Or, don't get them into too much trouble with the authorities? :P
Old 02-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #1518
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Indeed,

It sounds like someone's either giving up the Internet or just RPGs for Lent. Probably a good thing to give up... though for me I fear it would be more of a cop-out than a growth in spirituality.

In other news: Kath, check your PM for a most-belated reply.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:07 AM   #1519
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I hope you have a productive time (whatever that means for you) away, Elempi.

I'm not too confident about Ginna mingling with the twins without you, so perhaps she can just be a nice girl while you're gone. Or a busy girl, whichever works.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #1520
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I'm not too confident about Ginna mingling with the twins without you, so perhaps she can just be a nice girl while you're gone. Or a busy girl, whichever works.
And I want to see just how that turns out without writing it myself, so we could perhaps just have the three avoid each other after the well incident?