Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #2041
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll post to this rpg tomorrow. (yawn!)
Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #2042
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yet another intriguing, well written post, Firefoot.

Warning: Pet Peeve below!

What ever happened to the good old Anglo-Saxon word, "motto"? When did it get replaced by the Hindi borrowing, "mantra"? Elempi grumbles.

End Pet Peeve.

Please don't feel that you need to change anything, Firefoot.

Actually, "motto" is from Latin.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #2043
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Mea culpa.

(More Latin. )

Hmm... how about "theme"?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #2044
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey Lhuna if you're around any time then feel free to carry on that conversation, if not I'll just have Kara backtrack and disappear.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 AM   #2045
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Mea culpa.

(More Latin. )

Hmm... how about "theme"?
Tolkien probably would have said "by-word" or something.

Kath, I've edited my post so that Ginna doesn't go right back outside again, because your post keeps her in the kitchen. At least I think it does. ???
Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #2046
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think Kath, too, missed that they are eating in the kitchen and not outside in the Hall, but I could be wrong. Sorry I can't write immediately, but it's September and I have busy days ahead... I'll try to squeeze in the first chance I get.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #2047
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooops, sorry all. I completely missed that they were in the kitchen. Ginna coming through doors confused me. Should I edit mine or has your edit sorted it lmp? My post definitely keeps Ginna in the kitchen with me because I had her going the wrong way.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #2048
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I apologize most profusely for the length (or lack there of) of my last post. I had nothing further to say and so I didn't say it. Sorry.

Later this morning I should have a post up for Javan, though.

-- Folwren
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #2049
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Ooops, sorry all. I completely missed that they were in the kitchen. Ginna coming through doors confused me. Should I edit mine or has your edit sorted it lmp? My post definitely keeps Ginna in the kitchen with me because I had her going the wrong way.
Could you edit your a little, Kath? That way we can avoid too many tangled notions of who's where.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #2050
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Okay ... erm, well I've just removed any references to places really. Hopefully it should fit in now.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #2051
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm ready to move past breakfast. Unless someone objects reasonably soon, I'll do it either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #2052
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have no objection, your honor.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #2053
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've moved past breakfast, just in case nobody noticed. (sigh)

It's been almost a week, a very busy one for me. Is this losing interest? Shall we make work of it? Does something else need to be done? Do we need to recruit new writers?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #2054
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green One of the inactive writers here

I did notice but I've been in a hurry. I'll try to post the thing I wrote weeks ago. Hopefully I'll find time to do that in a few days.

Personally I don't think the problem with EMH is that people are losing interest but that everybody's terribly busy.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #2055
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm not bored with it. I'm just waiting for Firefoot to post. I think I've stumped her.

-- Folwren
Old 09-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #2056
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
:P

I plead an incredibly busy life as of the last week or two... I haven't lost interest at all, but haven't had time to devote to RPG's (I was just about ready to bring Scyld in, too, darn it).
Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #2057
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, my worries are ameliorated. Or something like that. I'm on vacation to California next week, and may or may not have computer access. Just letting you know.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #2058
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

How long will you be away, Elempi? Hope you have fun.

Firefoot, I'm sorry that you're so busy. Being busy isn't always fun. My schedule is actually finally becoming normal again. I'm so excited!

But post whenever you can. I've got enough patience to wait, and I've got my own stories to write.

-- Folwren
Old 09-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #2059
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll be back Friday 10/5.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #2060
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nice post Lommy!

I'll try to engage myself yet again... although it seems pretty hard right now due to work.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #2061
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

Is Falco still at the Mead Hall at this time?

-- Foley
Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #2062
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yes. He's been in his room most of the morning once the stable was found empty. Where you have placed him is fine.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-04-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #2063
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Heh...I hope Thornden didn't offend Falco terribly much. I didn't mean to...and therefore, he didn't either.

But it is a rather humorous situation. Poor Thornden. He has a difficult time with the hobbit. Ha.

-- Folwren
Old 10-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #2064
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Do remember that Rowenna's views are not necessarily those of this writer.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #2065
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Aye. Thanks for the reminder. You had me worried momenatarily.

But poor Thornden! He was just trying to be nice! Twice in a row he was trying to be nice and both times he got flat refusals to his offers.

It'is all good. I'm happy and quite amused.

-- Foley

EDIT: Wait a minute....what do you mean, 'not necessarily those of this wirter'? Is Thornden really a stuck up snob and I'm the only one who doesn't know it?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #2066
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Relax, "not necessarily" simply means that Rowenna is being written by this writer, so I mean it in the same sense that I would expect that Thornden's views are not necessarily those of his writer.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #2067
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Relax, "not necessarily" simply means that Rowenna is being written by this writer, so I mean it in the same sense that I would expect that Thornden's views are not necessarily those of his writer.

Ah. Right. Understand.

-- Folwren
Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #2068
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well, I've posted. Bit of a random one so anyone can continue it.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #2069
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've posted. Who would like a turn?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #2070
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Introducing two new characters...maybe only temporarilly. Elempi, don't feel obligated to accept him as your innkeeper. I just wanted to have a new character for a while.

He's not entirely blind - he can see people as shadowy shapes...very dark. He sees best at high noon, when it is brightest, and worst at night when there is no light. I don't know his name yet.

-- Folwren
Old 10-15-2007, 03:59 AM   #2071
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Aww, I like 'em both already.

Fleide seemed at first like 4 but she's using words (such as position) like at least an 8 year old. How old do you mean her to be?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 AM   #2072
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Somewhere between 8 and 10, likely. She's capable of being extremely childish at times (not in a bad way), but she's also rather responsible and takes good care of her father.

-- Folwren
Old 10-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #2073
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmm and hmm! What do you want to happen here, Foley? Are you going to write for the rude man? What do you want Eodwine to do?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #2074
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm writing for Mr. Rude Fellow. Have Eodwine do as he would normally do. He's expecting people to come and ask about the position, isn' he?

Mr. Rude came in first and I imagine Eodwine has no knowledge of what passed outside. Mr. Rude shall act politely enough to the eorl, more than likely, so ... well, swing it, unless you want to write something by PM.

On second thought, if you want to, you can write for Mr. Rude, too. Do what you want with him. He can be a pretty neutral character, so long as he doesn't leave my ideas about him.

-- Folwren
Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #2075
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Interesting goings on in Rohan!

It's always good to read your posts, Nerindel! It's interesting how you're writing in the future of those who are still writing in Edoras. Don't worry, we'll catch up to you, and you need change nothing.

Foley, I'll write a response to the three newcomers soon.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #2076
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
It's interesting how you're writing in the future of those who are still writing in Edoras.
Ok having a bit of a dumb moment here... Is my timeline off ( I thought I still had to catch up, as I ended my post an hour before noon.) ooh or are you refering to the warm reception your lordship may recieve from the good peoples of Scarburg, oh now! we have to keep it interesting and besides there is still my elusive 'bandit' to consider.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #2077
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel View Post
Ok having a bit of a dumb moment here... Is my timeline off ( I thought I still had to catch up, as I ended my post an hour before noon.) ooh or are you refering to the warm reception your lordship may recieve from the good peoples of Scarburg, oh now! we have to keep it interesting and besides there is still my elusive 'bandit' to consider.
Most of the posts being written right now are detailing a day in which Eodwine has announced to everybody that the Eorling Mead Hall is going to be transplanted at Scarburg.

So Æðel is a month into the future.

By the way, I really like how you're setting it up that Eodwine's reception amongst the Middle Emnet folk near Scarburg is chancy. Nice touch.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:04 AM   #2078
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Pipe

Eorling Mead Hall
Regarding Time at the Eorling Mead Hall

The year is Fourth Age 15

(not 14 as I had wrongly recalled)

March 25 - posts 1 - 114...........Eodwine's first day as Eorl of Middle Emnet

April 1 - posts 115 - 205...........The hall wall falls down

April 4 - posts 206 - 303...........The Fair - Léof wins a horse race; Linduial is abducted; Nain arrives

April 25 - posts 304 - 400.........Eodwine holds court; Stigend, Modtryth, & Cnebba arrive, Aeol goes to study in the golden hall

April 26 - posts 401 - 468.........Trystan arrives; Linduial leaves; Garstan and Stigend plan the new kitchen

May 22 - posts 469 - 634..........Garmund, Falco & Thornden discover "Rilef" in the ruins; Javan arrives

May 23 - posts 635 - 705..........Ginna arrives & Harreld goes moony

May 24 - posts 706 - 852..........Elfthain arrives; Ritun & Lefun (Ritun) are killed by outlaws; Rowenna is freed & comes to the Hall. Elián arrives. Æðel riding to Eodwine’s aid gets side tracked and rides to the aid of the border farmers of the traitor Sorn’s lands

Events occurring between May 24 & June 24: Ulrich & Withold are hanged; Stigend is made a man of the Hall for a year and a day; Æðel Continues contact and treatment of the peoples of the traitor Sorn’s lands while continuing her training in the golden hall.

June 24 - posts 853fff...............

I have added Æðel to your time line, I hope this clears up the confusion with my time line. Most of my Post is back tracking, well the bit regarding the Borderlanders anyway. Æðel is not aware that Lord Eodwine has been granted those lands nor that he has renamed it or that the meadhall is relocating.

Though my next post will have her discovering some things, but the main reason for her summons is that I could not justify her presance under the kings roof without anyone wondering who she was and why she was there. Lets Just say that as a foriegner in the kings halls she needs some credentials or perhap a good reference from a previous employer in Gondor.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #2079
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, I actually get it now. Nice work Nerindel.

Let the games continue (or whatever you want to call what we do here).
Old 10-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #2080
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, indeed! DO let the game continue. Why haven't you written?

-- Folwren