The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #401
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
Shasta is certainly Hamming it up.
Your mom is hamming it up.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #402
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Your mom is hamming it up.
Your face is hamming it up.

Wait....
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #403
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

More cowbell please.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #404
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Guess what?

I've gotta fever! And the only prescription... is more posting.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #405
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Poor Trunk of Tree. Tree trunks don't belong in wells...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #406
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh boy.
I liked phantom's 'she said' jokes yesterDay.

I reckon, his 'your mom' jokes toDay will grow tiresome soon.
Though Christopher Walken is hilarious, stick with him please.

Oh dear. I feel the need to break out in rhyme from all this hogwash from Shasta.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #407
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Apparently Shasta has been driven to madness by the death of Stick. Or at least something has triggered this sudden insanity. Maybe he's no longer allowed to post anything but nonsense. Or at least Shakespearian nonsense...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #408
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It's 1:45 am here so just a quick thingy.

This was rather an interesting post from Mira:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
I've never played or watched a game with lovers. How does it work? Do they know who the other is or do they have to figure it out? Someone said something earlier about if one dies the other goes with xem... Or does it all depend on the individual game?
She was hardly the only person to ask about lovers (I did, I think Lari did, I think Legate might have, etc.), but...

Yeah, that's all I've got right now. Night.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #409
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Moor cowbell. Heh.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #410
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sooo, huh. Entertaining as Shasta is being. Especially with the rhyming. Kookiness, would accurately describe it, me thinks.

Maybe he has fallen off his rocker one too many times? Especially given the circumstances, of an Asylum setting?

Why would he be driven to madness over Mira's death? Miss Duckess said there wouldn't be any clues in the narrations.

Shasta, care to explain to us - your sudden bout of errm.. theatrical ... vocal overflow?

X'd with Durelin x2.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #411
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
....And you shall find.

Hmmmm, looks like you all are a bit confused. Hehe.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #412
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Incidentally, Shasta is the village prostitute. He stated it clearly before.

(Yes you sillies, I'm kidding.)

Perchance the time is coming to end this madness....perchance you should all take a close look at the list of players from the last narration.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #413
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

o.O

Why isn't Shasta under "The Living" section.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 AM   #414
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Looks like Shasta may be our Hamlet after all.

Is he in purgatory? Or simply in his own state of mind?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #415
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Night One, Part Two

Shasta had been grieving for Mira for a few hours, bursting into song and sonnet for no apparent reason. Durie and Izzy weren't terribly impressed, while Gwath found it all rather clever.

Everyone's moms were suspiciously silent.

Realizing that everyone was more entertained than empathetic, Shasta stumbled back toward the center of town and saw Wilwa standing by the old pharmacy.

“What's wrong?” she asked as he approached, glaring at her.

“You....you killed her,” he growled. “You killed Mira....”

Wilwa looked around, then smiled hesitantly and led him over toward a bench. “You're probably just sick after travelling so far the last few days. Don't worry, you'll be all right.”

“You killed her,” he repeated, and pulled out a cowbell.

“I've got a fever, and the only prescription is killing Wilwa?”

“Too right, Phantom,” Shasta said, and Wilwa stared at him, confused by the sight of the poor guy talking to thin air.

He swung the cowbell at Wilwa's face and missed. Normally he could have caught her, but by now the rest of the group had heard her screams and had come to her aid.

Then again, the fact that he was puking in the bushes again didn't help.

“Hmmmm,” mused one of the were-ducks, “I think we gave him a bit much.”

“Could be,” one of her fellows agreed. “Then again....Pssst!”

Another of their number withdrew from the crowd slightly. “What is it?”

“What'd you give that guy?”

“I gave him a sedative. I made sure I had the other stuff in case the girl wouldn't cooperate, but there wasn't a need for it. Honestly,” she responded indignantly, holding up the two vials, “it's not like I can't....” In one hand was a full flask of Nyquil, in the other an empty vial marked “For expert wine drinkers only.”

The were-ducks all turned as Shasta vomited again, then dropped to the ground dead. The one who had administered the poison looked at her fellows and grinned innocently.

“Oops?”

The Dead
Sally (stabbed in a case of mistaken identity by a non-six-fingered Phantom on Night 0)
Phantom (made into a very unhealthy breakfast on Night 0)
Legate (ordo, pickled on Day 1)
Mira (Ophelia, ordo, drowned on Night 1)
Shasta (Hamlet, ordo, semi-accidentally poisoned on Night 1)

The Living
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
wilwarin538
Durelin
Nogrod
Isabellkya
Nerwen
Rikae
Mith
Kath
Lari
Mac
Nienna
Gwathagor
Thinlómien
Nilpaurion Felagund

An explanation: Mira and Shasta are in fact lovers, but ordo lovers, not gifted or otherwise, and were identified specifically as Hamlet and Ophelia. Mira was the were-ducks target, by the way. I decided to let Shasta have a little fun with the understanding that he couldn't post a whole lot of sensical stuff and I think he did fairly well. Heh. However he was doomed to die and thus only lived through part of the Day. He is now fully dead and will no longer participate.
Shasta had the opportunity to pick a person to kill and chose Wilwa (hence the cowbell attack) but the success of his 'revenge kill' was decided by coin flip and he lost, so she lives. (I recorded the coin flip for kicks and giggles and it will be uploaded to youtube and linked into this post as soon as I get back to school and have a better internet connection)

Carry on with your Day!

ETA: The coin flip is up on youtube now and you can watch it here.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-23-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #416
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Aw, poor Shasta.

n0w th3r3s nobdy 2 trnsl8 4 me!111!1!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 AM   #417
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Heh, so I guess I was right. Though I didn't expect him to be dead dead just yet. A great final performance by Shasta though. He deserves a prize.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #418
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Heh, so I guess I was right. Though I didn't expect him to be dead dead just yet. A great final performance by Shasta though. He deserves a prize.
He does! He does!

Shasta, Shasta, so much fun!
When it comes to Shakespeare, he's number one!
The best we've seen,
In black and green,
Now he's dead, perchance to dream!
S-H-A-S-T-A,
Shasta's going all the way!*

*To the cemetery.

EDIT:fixed bolding.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-20-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 AM   #419
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

The really awesome thing is, how fantastically confusing it all is.

Did the wereducks pick up something we all missed?
Do we have gifted wereducks?
Or did they just get lucky?

We've got so much to think about! I'm so excited it's giving me chills!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #420
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Miri didn't really contribute anything of value, and that usually leaves four options:
1. The game is going exactly the direction the ducks desire, and she was a kill that wouldn't disturb this.
2. The ducks were under pressure and sought for a trailless kill.
3. The ducks have a personal gripe with people who don't contribute much.
4. The ducks just want to give us the impression of one of the above.

-1 is what I think. Any kill with an actual reason behind it could only have caught people's interest and stopped them from being silly. This kill is likely to perpetuate the situation. The conclusion from that? Not much. It slightly exonerates Lari and Durelin.
-We were so clueless yesterday that 2 is nearly impossible.
-3 would require that all three agree on this principle. It could also be that a dominant duck with a personal aversion convinced his mates (*is not thinking about aaanybody particular* ), but even then in the very least it means that neither of the ducks went the easy less-contributing way yesterday. However, I would not expect a duck to do that anyway. Ducks are nervous by nature, and giving the obvious impression of being unhelpful is something they usually like to avoid.
-4 is always possible, you can never tell.

Of course there is also the possibility that they guessed Miri's role right, but how often does that really happen on Day1?

*stops annoying Fea*

I wish Legate had gotten less votes - then we could now make some good statement about Durelin.

Nogrod's posting requirement could be that, once he makes a point about something, he has to stick with it no matter how contrary the evidence. Look how he only abandons his "everybody has requirements after Sally cleared it up. Obviously, that must've been the secret code among them. His points against Rikae are headdeskworthy, too, yet he keeps on insisting.

Then again, I guess Sally would rather give each of us something uncharacteristic.

In any case, Nogrod deserves a brutal, vicious, and unnecessarily violent lynching for discussing roles and requirements the way he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Whether to speak openly or to tactically try to shut up and hope the baddies don't connect the dots?
If at least you would've connected the dots the right way, but the picture is entirely skewed. I really wish I could go into detail, but that would be unwise.

I don't know why, but Nogrod is creeping me out this game. I'd be very willing to lynch him just for that, if only his points against Durelin wouldn't make so much sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Lynch Gwath toDay and I'll modfire the lot of you.
Alright now... what? Did you give Gwath some precious special powers? So special that, once your Gwathiepoo ends up under the slightest pressure, you turn him into the invincible Gwathfried? And just look how many people defended him - all this made up "let's not lynch him on day one again" chorus people were obviously required to post! Admit it, this whole game is just about Gwath winning, isn't it, Sally? We should've taken our chance and lynched him yesterday, that way at least we would've forced a draw! Just look at it - the evidence is right in front of your eyes!

*prepares a spear and waits for Sally to slip Gwath's vulnerable spot*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 AM   #421
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
-3 would require that all three agree on this principle. It could also be that a dominant duck with a personal aversion convinced his mates (*is not thinking about aaanybody particular* ), but even then in the very least it means that neither of the ducks went the easy less-contributing way yesterday. However, I would not expect a duck to do that anyway. Ducks are nervous by nature, and giving the obvious impression of being unhelpful is something they usually like to avoid.
I don't actually think Nogrod would necessarily want to kill the non-contributors because he should have learned by now that it points at him...

Anyway, Mac, I'm not sure about your classification of Mira as a non-contributor. I think she contributed more than many, even though she spent the beginning of the Day just bantering. Or so I think. Hmmm... I'll check her posts (and also if there's some stuff late yesterDay that demands a comment from me).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #422
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mira

Quote:
Perhaps it is time to head off to dream land and hope said dreams aren't plagued by wereducks.
Could the ducks have seen this a seer hint?

Suspects: Kath, Lommy, Nilp; thinks innocentish: Brinn, Nog; neither: Fea, wilwa, Dury, Izzy, Nerwen, Rikae, Mith, Lari, Mac, Nienna, Gwath. Votes: Lommy.
These don't maybe tell us very much, though, because the seer surely had no Night1 dream.

One last thing... maybe the ducks simply got (false) gifted vibes from Mira?

~*~

Late yesterDay

Hope you guys don't mind me replying Mira although she's already dead I just have to straighten this out...

Quote:
So you're voting for her because she bantered for the first three pages just like Nienna, phantom, sally, and I all did. That makes sense. You claim she should know better but so should everyone else. That seems highly suspicious in my opinion.
I think it's pretty obvious I couldn't have voted all of the early banterers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
++Brinn

Self preservation. On a meta-level. And now...

By a sleep to say we end the heartache...

One can hope...
What to make out of this? Just a joke or something more sinister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Her vote was an easy one, and her comment about not really thinking Lari is a wolf anyway but "oh, it's just Day 1"...
I still don't get why it's suspicious not to have proper suspects on Day1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Lommy: On one hand, she agreed with me when I said we should vote based only on behaviour. Yet she then votes Lari for banter posts. Very contradicting.
It was all the "evidence" I had... and besides it was a sort of gut-feeling anyway.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #423
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I don't have time to finish reading the posts so far as I am late, late, for a very important... school day... anyway... i just want to give props to Shasta for a very Shakespearean death... it always seems to take them forever to die...
Old 03-20-2009, 05:38 AM   #424
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Whether to speak openly or to tactically try to shut up and hope the baddies don't connect the dots?
If at least you would've connected the dots the right way, but the picture is entirely skewed. I really wish I could go into detail, but that would be unwise.
*raises eyebrow* What? Why do I get the feeling that some people are sending secret messages and I'm left out...

Oh well, I'm leaving now but I'll be back later.

edit: xed (and agreed ) with Nienna
Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #425
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Running back to work but just a quick one.

Anyone else wondering why there was only one kill last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
In any case, Nogrod deserves a brutal, vicious, and unnecessarily violent lynching for discussing roles and requirements the way he did.
I really wish I could go into detail, but that would be unwise.
I see what you mean, but aren't you a bit hasty to throw the first stone? If you had a role that included omniscience you might argue you have the details right - but if you aren't an omniscient being then you must admit you don't know all the details. Like the one that your stone would be going in a wrong direction in this case even if your intentions were good...

Good work Lommy for spotting the "dream-thing" from Mira's posting. It looks like something worth trying for the ducks - not the least because even if they failed she would be a nice kill anyway leaving little tracks for anyone to follow. But if that is the truth, then we are sadly out of clues as to solving the problem Mac brought forwards as to whether the ducks feel confident or are under pressure.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #426
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
here and reading...will have post soonish
Old 03-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #427
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree DAY 1 summary report thingie.

Pages 1 to 3: I find better stuff between my toes.

Durelin: Knows how to attract electrically-charged bloodsucking insects.

(There is nothing wrong with my sentence. Read it again.)

Isabellkya: Is an army officer with rank of Captain. Her surname starts with 'O'. Apparently she idolises Legolas.

Nogrod: Shoots first, then shoots again. A little later he asks a question, and then shoots again before he's answered. Good job, mate.

Nerwen: Owes me a lot of aspirin, paracetamol, or ibuprofen.

Sally: See above comment.

Mnemosyne: See above comment.

Mithalwen:

I'll dissect the rest of you later.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #428
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Isabellkya: Is an army officer with rank of Captain. Her surname starts with 'O'. Apparently she idolises Legolas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Nerwen: Owes me a lot of aspirin, paracetamol, or ibuprofen.
There, there. Here's some paracetemol for da poor widdle head. (Don't have any of the others, sorry.)

EDIT: spelling of "paracetamol" corrected. Quite a hard word to spell.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #429
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Shasta had the opportunity to pick a person to kill and chose Wilwa (hence the cowbell attack) but the success of his 'revenge kill' was decided by coin flip and he lost, so she lives.
Wow, my life on a coin flip, that's pretty scary...

Anyway, I have been given a second chance at life so I will definitely try and be useful.

Quote:
It must simply mean that we are only dealing with wolves and not a bear or anything. Unless the bear gave up his chance for a kill so that we wouldn't know of his existence right away, but I doubt that.

Lommy's "seer hint" spot makes a lot of sense, seers always seem to be the main target for wolves so it wouldn't surprise me for a second that they'd go after anyone who could fill that role.

Quote:
Miri didn't really contribute anything of value, and that usually leaves four options:
1. The game is going exactly the direction the ducks desire, and she was a kill that wouldn't disturb this.
I'm thinking no for 2 and 3. They had 24 hours to decide on something and most likely plenty of people to choose from, so I doubt they were under that much pressure. 3 isn't really a smart tactic for them, people who don't talk much can aquire a lot of suspicion so to kill them off wouldn't be overly intelligent. 1 is possible, but it's a scary notion that everything is going exactly as they planned.

Well, it's really quite impossible to know what their thinking, so I think we should maybe just keep Mira in the back of our minds then toMorrow when their is another kill we can compare the two, see if there is some pattern or something, perhaps I'll re-read her's later, though what Lommy found seems to make quite a lot of sense...

For now I need to go run some erands, I'll be back fairly shortly. Perhaps I'll make a list of some sort...

x'posted since my last
Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #430
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't mean to offend anybody nor derail the game, but...

I'm always a bit baffled when someone talks about dreams or anything like that and then ends up killed. I can't think of even one occasion where the dead person actually was the seer. Seers, especially seers who don't have anything to show yet, desire staying alive for a bit. Comments like that interfere with that quite drastically. One would therefore think, that ducks would ignore such comments when looking to kill somebody who actually could be the seer. Only silly or overly paranoid ducks would fall for it and waste a kill on an ordo. Now, we humble ordos pick up these hints during the day and our immediate thought is "the ducks thought s/he was the seer, that was why she was killed", without thinking about what implication this has on the nature of the ducks. Unless we have baddies that are running around like ducks with their head cut off (pause for laughter) those seer hints mean nothing. We might have such ducks, but we won't find real evidence for that until later. It's a nice find, of course, especially since it took some work, but no more.

Seriously, I've seen the above happen in so many games already. Sure, it doesn't do any harm, but hey.

[/rant]
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #431
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
I think 1 is the most likely out of those, but there is also the idea that they just wanted a trailless kill without feeling any pressure. Why try to frame someone when there were already people poised to be lynched on Day 1? Unless they really thought she was a Lover, which she was, then she might have been a good kill. But, other than that, she seemed very trailless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Could the ducks have seen this a seer hint?
Maybe, but they could have just thought she was a trailless kill, which seems more likely. Because unless she was super lucky with her first dream(did the Seer even get a dream as of yesterDay?) then she wouldn't have known anything other than who was an ordo or such. There are, as it appears, 3 were-ducks and no werebear, as of this Morning, and the odds of picking the right person first off is very slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Yes, and then someone else posted that they were wondering too. I'm more inclinded to think that there isn't a werebear, but that's just me...or the Ranger protected the bear's Night kill. Either one. Well there goes my whole "maybe there isn't one because only, sort of, Mira died".

I agree with Bubbles' statement about the Seer thing.

As for contributions, are we to take seriously the pronouns in the narration? Because, from what I understand then, we might be dealing with one male and two female were-ducks/wolves. I seem to remember in previous games pronouns were not really used, but here they are. Is there any truth in that? Should we be looking for them like that? I know that doesn't narrow things down a lot, but it could.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #432
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I'm thinking no for 2 and 3. They had 24 hours to decide on something and most likely plenty of people to choose from, so I doubt they were under that much pressure. 3 isn't really a smart tactic for them, people who don't talk much can aquire a lot of suspicion so to kill them off wouldn't be overly intelligent. 1 is possible, but it's a scary notion that everything is going exactly as they planned.
Um... usually when we talk of wolves being under pressure, we mean they that they think people are onto them, not that they can't make up their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
//begin rant
function antiDreamTheoryRant(evt:rantEvent):void {
if (fedUpWithOtherPlayers = true) {
evt.rant.continueTyping();
} else {
evt.rant.endTyping();
}
}
//end rant
Mac, that's one of the best rants I've heard in a long time! Congratulations!

–Except that sometimes wolves do fall for it, but only when the "Seer" actually names one of them. And this time there was no Night 1 dream before the game started... so if the ducks couldn't work that out...

...come to think of it, maybe they couldn't. I mean... they're only ducks, after all...

Perhaps we should lynch anyone who seems a little, well, featherbrained...?

EDIT: x'd with Lari; clarification.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-20-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #433
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
What to make out of [Fea's parting words]? Just a joke or something more sinister?
Read joke once. Man sees doctor. Depressed. Life, harsh and cruel. Feels alone. World is threatening. Future is terrifying. Doctor says, "Great clown Pagliacci is in town. See him. He should cheer you up." Man starts crying. Says, "I am Pagliacci."
Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #434
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Incidentally, Shasta is the village prostitute. He stated it clearly before.
That's my line.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #435
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
He deserves a prize.
Your mom deserves a prize.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #436
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I'm so excited it's giving me chills!
That's what she said.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #437
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What's happened to you lately? Have you consulted a doctor?
Well Nogrod, you see, I am not quite myself at the moment, but it is pointless to consult a cardiologist or even a psychiatrist as there is no cure known to medicine. Woe is me....

Your early vote is a bit of a change too....

Well I have had a quick read through and what a lot has happened. I need to digest have a think another quick read and drive 20 miles to a cyber cafe so I shall be gone a little while and back for a long one. I shall not be idle.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #438
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I've gotta fever! And the only prescription... is more Mithalwen.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #439
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I light up when you call my name...

Fever? What a lovely way to burn

Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #440
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sorry to double post but ...

and I am sorry not to be in the in crowd and out of the loop but could people please use other players screen names or obvious derivatives thereof?

I am finding this game confusing enough without having to cope with Michael Jackson's chimp and the answer to "what's brown and sticky?"