The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #41
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

May i help with the last part , my theory any way, all the rest is well and good luthien.
But those remained as one,
And yet they never met- the language had similarities in it, it had the same origin among the elves. Now this i'm not sure about but the elves of Valinor and the elves of Beleriand never met or at least the languages never met if you know my meaning. or it could be that Feanor and Miriel never met but they spoke the same language. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i'm not sure about this but it's as good as anybodies guess!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:33 PM   #42
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Luthien, I'll give it to you, since you're by far the closest one. What I was actually looking for was the pronunciation of the "s" tengwa. It was pronounced "th" by both Miriel and Fëanor, who never met, and "s" by everyone else (which was actually a bit of a Vanyarin influence, thus, Fe-Fe didn't like it). It was also one of the reasons Fe-Fe looked down on Fingolfin and Finarfin and the rest of the "family" because they pronounced it as an "s."
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Closed Thread