The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #201
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
At this point in time I'm looking at Eowne.* YesterDay she voted for McCaber which caused there to be a tie between McCaber and Fea.* Seems a little suspicious to me.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #202
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Also, I trust Pitchwife more now, after his stance on Inziladun, even though he seems to have flipped Lommy-like regarding me from yesterday.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #203
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Eönwë asks Nog for clarification.
Yes. That was a bad quotation by me. Look at Noggie's post from where I quoted that and you'll see why I asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well, earlier he had said McCaber had been too calculated and detached... Good, good... but looking at Eönwë's actions so far I could say almost the same about him - and it looks reasonably believable McCaber is our seer...
So I didn't understand what he was trying to say...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #204
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
At this point in time I'm looking at Eowne
Eowne? Not known at this address, my friend.

Edit: X'd with Steve.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #205
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
At this point in time I'm looking at Eowne.* YesterDay she voted for McCaber which caused there to be a tie between McCaber and Fea.* Seems a little suspicious to me.
First of all, I'm a he. (and called Eowne?)

Secondly, how is that suspicious?

edit: x-ed
Old 07-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #206
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Vote Count:

Pitchwife: 1 (Lalaith)
Nogrod: 1 (Shasta)
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #207
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Inzil -
Quote:
He gave us the name of a wolf on the First Day! What more do you need?
A wolf can name another wolf. For the moment, I'm content to trust McCaber. I'll trust him utterly once the wolves show any sign of interest in silencing him (unsuccessfully, I hope).
And sorry, but just so I don't miss anything important again -
++Inziladun
Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #208
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Eowne? Not known at this address, my friend.

Edit: X'd with Steve.
I mean Eonwe.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #209
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
"Hmmm...Right about now, I have to go with what I said earlier. Pitchwife's vote for Shasta yesterDay just didn't sit right, since his only reasoning had to do with bandwagoning. And the whole game, the way he's phrased things just seemed so strange, like he were trying to drop hints. I've just got this feeling about him...

Geez, I can't believe I'm doing a last minute vote, either!"

++Pitchwife
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #210
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
By the way, for the record - before McCaber's reveal of Fea, I was planning on voting Zil.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #211
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm still waiting to vote, to make sure that an innocent doesn't get lynched against my wishes.

Don't worry, I'm good for it.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #212
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Let's not lynch Pitchwife. If he is a wolf he really let Fea down yesterDay when he had ample chances to save her discreetly. I think her believing he gave Shasta his first vote when Fea was in trouble speaks good of him.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #213
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Inzil I have the least "evidence" to speak for - and he did save - well could be seen as trying to save - Fea yesterDay. I have just liked her compactness and well thought ideas. Well, wolves may make good points as well...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #214
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
By the way, for the record - before McCaber's reveal of Fea, I was planning on voting Zil.
What a coincidence! I was going to vote for you!

In fact I'll do so now.

++ Shasta
Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #215
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Hey, what? Where?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #216
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Let's not lynch Pitchwife. If he is a wolf he really let Fea down yesterDay when he had ample chances to save her discreetly. I think her believing he gave Shasta his first vote when Fea was in trouble speaks good of him.
Okay, but... Dammit, I was thinking of voting Zil, but I don't like Pitchwife's vote on him, or rather the reasons he gave.

EDIT: X'd since Nogrod at 212.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Darn it...

++ Shasta
Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #218
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nah, I'll stick with him–

++Zil.

EDIT: X'd with Nogrod.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #219
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Once again the village was flustered as the day drew to an end. Accusations were flying everywhere and three guests were neck in neck for the chopping block. At the last minute, though, Eönwë cast the deciding vote for Inziladun.

But unlike Fea, Inziladun was not willing to make his death easy. He stood stone-still before the others. "Kill me," he said, "if you have the heart for it."

The guests looked uneasily at one another. "Eönwë was the last one to cast the vote," said Rikae. "Let him do it." They led Inziladun to a nearby cave which seemed to double as a weapons storeroom. McCaber handed him a throwing dagger, while Pitchwife and Lalaith turned Inziladun around. "Aim for the back of the neck."

For a full two minutes Eönwë stood there with the dagger in his hand. "Really," he said, "I don't think--"

Just then Inziladun exploded in a mass of fur. The werewolf reached for Lalaith's throat. Suddenly in a blaze of light Pitchwife opened up his flannel jacket, and reached inside his pocket to draw out a glowing crystal. The wolf turned to eye it, and dazzled by its beauty, did the only logical thing he could in this situation:

He bit Pitchwife's hand off.

Immediately Inziladun yelped in pain as the holy light of the gem seared in his stomach. There was something worryingly human in his cries of agony. In his throes he snapped at Shasta's stomach and tore it out.

Pitchwife stared in shocked fascination at the bloody stump where his hand used to be. "Holy smokes!" said autume. "Where'd you get that?"

He turned to her and smiled. "The Silmarils sear the flesh of those unworthy to touch it. Could only find one, but I thought it'd be good to have on hand... You know, just in case."

"Now what?" said Nerwen. Inziladun was proceeding to claw at some of the rocks at the edge of the cave, bloodying his paws.

Pitchwife looked at his arm again. "I think I know how this story ends," he said. "Might as well finish the job I've started. Shame I couldn't have protected you all longer."

With that, he drew out a knife and lunged at the mad wolf.

As Inziladun lay panting, the knife wounds to his chest innumerable, he turned back into his human form. Tears were streaming down his face, mingling with the blood. "Hurts... so bad..." he said before he went still.

Pitchwife, meanwhile, backed away and leaned against the wall of the cave, bleeding from all the scratches. "I only wish I could see my own Lúthien again," he said. McCaber reached inside Inziladun's stomach to place the Silmaril in Pitchwife's hand before he died.

Those guests who remained stared in shock at the tableau laid out before them. Then they looked down at themselves. Almost all of them were covered in blood.

"We'd better wash up," said Rikae. "Is there any way of walling this cave in?" Just then a rain started from outside the cave. As one the guests walked out into it and only wished it could wash the stain from their hearts. In a loud bang lightning struck above the cave, and stones rained down before its mouth.

They returned to the guest wing in near silence.

Just when they were about to go inside their rooms, Nogrod turned to Eönwë, a black look in his eye. "Pity you didn't kill him when you had the chance," he said.

IT IS NOW NIGHT THREE

The Living:
Nessa Telrunya
McCaber
Nogrod
autume98
Lalaith
Nerwen
Rikae
Eönwë

The Dead:
Feanor of the Peredhil (werewolf)
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
Inziladun (werewolf)
Pitchwife (ranger)

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 07-23-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #220
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
McCaber tossed and turned in his sleep. He was a light sleeper normally, but tonight it was even worse. He could feel death closing in on him. Sighing, he tried to focus his mind on one of the company, just in case...

He pulled his blankets about him closer. It was so cold in his room, and so wet--

So wet.

His eyes opened with a start. He was on a grassy floor still slick from the evening's rain. From far off, he heard a long, keening hoooooooooooooooowwwwwwl. Staggering to his feet, he ran.

The howl came again, but this time there was a thread of excitement in the cry. He shuddered. The wolf was having fun with him!

The glade he was in narrowed into a pathway surrounded by rocky walls. He cursed as he saw that the only way forward led into a tunnel that was blacker than black.

The darkness was so heavy that he almost turned back, but he knew that if he did he would die, whereas if he could just get through--

He was stuck--not by one of those spiritual-type barriers, but by an actual, sticky, physical one. A small part of his mind remarked how it was hardly surprising, given that he was in a tunnel that was blacker than black, but the rest of him merely reacted, flailing about and getting more of the cords wrapped around him. He was trapped like a fly in a web. And there was no Sting to help him. Well, he thought, if I get stung I suppose I won't die just yet...

Just then he felt the wolf's paws creep up behind him, and its foul, rank breath hit his nose and neck. The wolf placed its arms around him, and squeezed him until his bones snapped and his eyes popped out.

In the morning the guests' corridor led directly to the tunnel itself. They found McCaber's broken body lying wrapped in spider silk. And the guests mourned the loss of their seer.

IT IS NOW DAY THREE.

The Living:
Nessa Telrunya
Nogrod
autume98
Lalaith
Nerwen
Rikae
Eönwë

The Dead:
Feanor of the Peredhil (werewolf)
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
Inziladun (werewolf)
Pitchwife (ranger)
McCaber (seer)
Old 07-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I'm still waiting to vote, to make sure that an innocent doesn't get lynched against my wishes.

Don't worry, I'm good for it.
"Oh the irony of this..." Nogrod said quietly when he rose up from beside the webbed body of McCaber.

"But we were the ones to blame of what happened yesterDay. Had we just made a little effort to share our views before the last minute we could have avoided that tragedy. Let's see that doesn't happen again, shall we?"

Nogrod looked at the corpse shaking his head.

"Oh you poor bastard, you could have left us with a name of one innocent anyway but did you? Let's check that from our memories asap. But I'm afraid you didn't... Let's see and cross fingers you had some nice thing there to help us out that much."

Starting to walk back to the resident areas Nogrod turned his head back while walking: "Okay, there's lot to look for so let's get on with it."
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #222
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë got out of his room and met the others, his eyes glazed over from lack of sleep.

Someone looked at him quizzically and Eönwë replied "It's been haunting me all night. I couldn't sleep. It was my fault that the ranger was killed. And because of that the seer as well. I don't know why I didn't kill him when I had the chance. I thought that you had already chosen who to kill, and that I was late... and then I realised that my vote could have counted, but it was too late. You saw what happened yesterday when Inziladun attacked Lalaith. And then Pitchwife too. Maybe you should just kill me. It would probably help the village more," he said.

Eönwë looked like he was about to cry, but instead collapsed, and fell face-first onto the cold, hard, stone floor.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #223
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa sadly followed Nogrod away from the body.

"Out of seven people, there's now only one wolf left. The odds are in our favor, but how do you suggest we go about uprooting the one baddie?"
Old 07-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #224
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay, I think I have everything McCaber said about his dreams or anyone of us by name yesterDay. I think it's easier if I just recite them here so everyone needs not to run back the memory lane. Sadly there's not much there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #126
But my scryings last night did not reveal a wolf. As of right now that's all I'm prepared to say directly on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #139
First of all, people I don't think are wolves:
Nessa voted for Fea, and vice versa. I have a hard time thinking that the wolves would have spent two of their votes against each other as the first votes of the day.
For Nogrod, it would have been too easy for him not to vote and let me die yesterDay along with Fea. I'd say he's clean.
I would have said Boro over here, precisely because of his link to Fea. Working together like that really strikes me as more of a wolf working with an innocent to gain trust, rather than a wolf combo attack.
Pitchwife and Lal both seem decent, simply based around the voting records. I can only assume that I looked like a seer to the wolves, and that getting rid of me then or at night would have been what they were looking for.

I also believe that there probably is a wolf among those people who didn't vote. No real reason, but simply a feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #177
So far I think what has been said so far toDay is helpful. Now we need people to talk about each other's analyses and what they think about them. (Taking a cue from Nogrod's book here, because that's at the core of finding suspects.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #179
Well, I know one person I can trust for sure. There are a few who still frighten me a bit, and a few who have gotten more onto my good side. And then come those who have not said enough to show me much of them at all. Nerwen, guess which one you're in right now.

What? Can't a seer make fun of people too? This is a high-stress job we're talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #190
And it's strange, but I myself am unsure of who to vote. I was actually hoping for more discussion, but I suppose that two hours is a long time in this scenario.

Well, there's no way I like Eonwe, or perhaps even Lal or Pitchwife. I'll give this another pondering and see if anything strikes me.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Hey there Eönwë!"

Nogrod had seen him falling down and ran to help him up. "Hey someone, help me with him... he needs a shot to be sure." Looking down at Eönwë he said to him: "Cheer up mate, we need you to talk, not to faint... We all make mistakes... Now c'mon!"
Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #226
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë was being dragged across the floor, and forced into a chair in the dining area. Some drink was poured down his throat. At first he thought it was some alcoholic beverage, but as the liquid entered his body, energy coursed through his veins- he was ready to take the day as it came.

"This must be Miruvor!" he shouted. The people opposite looked at him strangely, and he hadn't realised he had made such a sudden loud outburst, and thought that they were doubtful about the nature of the drink, and said "Well, it is a Middle-Earth themed house..."

Then he sat up straight, and said "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go"
Old 07-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #227
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, I found that bottle, but I didn't realise it was Miruvor....looks like Eonwe has finished it. Poor boy, I don't begrudge him a drop.
Still, I think the rest of us could do with just the conventional liquid sustenance, after that carnage. Here - Nogrod...Tanqueray for us....Nessa, there's some non-alcoholic tonic which I believe is more to your tastes.
Last night, I was elsewhere in this house of sorcery but yet I could, strangely, hear everything of the turmoil and frenzy of those final minutes...and then of course I was almost a victim in the horror of the aftermath. *shudder* I shall never forget it.

Alas, poor McCaber. Gone, gone, and never spoke to save us from confusion.

I need to go over yesterday's events again in my mind. I am sure that some order will come out of the confusion.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Cheers mate. Welcome back." Nogrod said and turned back to his own cup of strong java puffing at the hot drink.

"Now, Ill continue looking backwards at what happened yesterDay. It would be good if we all went back the memory lane that much... with the knowledge we have now."
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #229
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Uh, right Lalaith... thanks... I'll just finish this coffee first..."
Old 07-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #230
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well...the first thing that struck me is how guilty the innocent can sometimes look.
When I heard this my jaw dropped...
Quote:
But Shasta didn't vote at all that day...even though he just admitted that he heard McCaber reveal! By Elbereth, we have him....we have caught our wolf, I thought to myself...and then poor Shasta died, and he was innocent after all. And Inzil, who I never suspected, was the guilty one.

So, I think, based on yesterday's voting, that we can trust Nerwen?
What about poor Eonwe? IHe felt so suspicious yesterday, and yet, he did attempt to send the wolf to his doom, and the late vote, even if feigned, would surely have been placed elsewhere...wouldn't it?
So that leaves, as voters, Nogrod (Shasta) myself (Pitchwife) and Nessa (also Pitchwife).
Rikae and autume did not vote. What do we think of that?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #231
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well at the moment I'd say we should not lynch Nerwen (that would have been a suicidal act from a fellow wolf) or Lalaith (as I have argued already yesterDay based on her voting when Fea was in trouble).

These I think valid deductions / points right now.

Of the others I'm not so sure... there seem to be points for and against. So this requires some thinking - and I'm on it.

Btw. Lalaith, did you see I got some of that Sauvignon Blanc there in the cold you were so much looking after yesterDay? But they produce pretty nice Pinot Noirs at Sancerre region as well, you should try once...
Old 07-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #232
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*giggle, sip*
Ah well. It's good to be able to laugh at a time like this....
Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #233
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would say "if only I would have had the presence of mind to vote, all this unnecessary bloodshed could have been averted" but since I would have probably voted for Pitchwife, it's a good thing I didn't. Still, I'm tempted to vote right now just to avoid missing another deadline, but that would be completely unhelpful. I'll try to recall how everyone here interacted with the dead wolves as soon as I possibly can, and perhaps I can redeem myself.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #234
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Voting Day2

Lalaith for Pitchwife
Going with her EönwëPitchwife –theory (them questioning McCaber’s believability and defending mutually as she says), choosing Pitchwife; after giving a reasonable sounding benefit of doubt to Nessa and Shasta.

Shasta for Nogrod
Annoyed to say the least, retaliating for my questioning of him? Who knows… no actual reason given though. (He said later I had jumped on him, really trying to lynch him on Day1 - which a) is not true and b) looks more like guilty defence seeing attacks all around; sorry Shasta)

.52 Pitchwife for Inziladun
Because of his denying of twisting Shasta’s words, following Eönwë on Shasta, Boro’s sudden death, Eönwë & Inzil buddying up.

.54 Nessa for Pitchwife (2 votes and the lead)
His vote for Shasta on Day1 was not sitting right with her and he seemed to phrase things strangely like trying to drop hints.

.59 Inzil for Shasta
Disliking Shasta’s way of popping in and out and not helping “our cause”…

.00 Nogrod for Shasta (2 votes and a shared lead)
Not willing to see Pitchwife lynched – and thinking McCaber at least to be around as he promised – so choosing Shasta for Inzil because the latter would be playing.

.00 Nerwen for Inzil (2 votes and a shared lead)
Well there actually wasn’t any clearly stated reason (but choosing between him and Pitchwife). She pointed to Inzil’s suspicious vote on Day1 earlier though.

(.01 Eönwë for Inzil – a tie-breaker, deleted
I think he just said something like “I’ll vote then too” or something in that.)
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #235
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*passes over bottle of Captain Morgan* Look, the rum hasn't gone!

As for yourself, Ms Rikae, to say your lack of voting is unhelpful is understating things.
But counter-intuitively, it may speak for your innocence. From what I know of you on the Downs, I believe a wolfish Rikae would surely be more hands-on. But *shrugs* maybe I'm wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things since I got here.

Last edited by Lalaith; 07-24-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: cross-posted with Nogs - intended as response to Rikae
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #236
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay, we're seven left and one of us is a cursed one.

Nessa Telrunya
Nogrod
autume98
Lalaith
Nerwen
Rikae
Eönwë

Of these I'd suggest - as I've done - we pull out for the time being both Nerwen and Lalaith because of their voting at crucial moments (if this continues for a few Days and they're alive I might change my mind with them but for now sure it woud be stupid to lynch either of them). Also knowing myself to be an innocent I'll drop myself from the list as well. That leaves me with the following list:

Nessa Telrunya
autume98
Rikae
Eönwë

I would bet quite a lot that our last wolf is to be found from that list. But who could it be?

I really would like to hear more from Rikae - and as a person I know well from the 'Downs I know she can make a difference in a tight spot. So I'd discourage lynching her as well - at least toDay - wishing to see what she could bring to our discussion if she finally got into it toDay.

Which would leave me Nessa (points for and against), Autume (basically nothing) and Eönwë (points for and against).

So that's what I'm going to look for toDay - unless the Day presents some other developements that look like more promising...

*Glances at Lalaith: Maybe some Mojitos' now, just to refresh our minds, any Havana Club there in the fridge?*
Old 07-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #237
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Hmmm...well the mint is quite dry and the limes not quite fresh, but hey, even if it wouldn't pass muster at Asia de Cuba, I'm sure we can rustle something up that's reasonably respectable...

I too am concerned about both Nessa and Autume...I can't find enough to exonerate them. But Eonwe, after his performance yesterday...could a wolf really behave like this?

I also am somewhat worried that I have been too complacent about you, friend Nogrod. But I am unlikely to vote for you today - it's when you stay alive too long that I will start to really worry, because an innocent Nogrod would soon be wolf-food, I fear.

And, as I have stated elsewhere, I must make up my mind soon.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #238
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, so far, here is what I gather on everyone.

Nogrod voted for Fea on Day 1. Of course, that wasn't really much because that was just about the only thing he could do, since McCaber had revealed himself as the seer and exposed Fea. On Day 2 he voted for Shasta. I don't recall him giving a reason at that exact time, but earlier, he expressed disapproval with Shasta's lack of producing information. I don't find him particularly suspicious, but he's not without moments.

autume98 has been very quiet. She gives her opinions, yes, but somehow manages to do so without really being conspicuous. Day 1, she voted for Eonwe, and if I recall she did not vote yesterDay. She had voiced a suspicion of Eonwe once again, though.

Lalaith did not vote on Day 1, if I'm correct. Unless there was no way for her to be able to voice her thoughts, that's rather going against her, especially after McCaber had claimed Fea to be a wolf. Day 2, she voted for Pitchwife, but didn't seem particularly unreasonable when she justified it.

Nerwen seems to pop up when she feels like it. She didn't vote on Day 1, whih sort of put her on the line. But yesterDay she effectively helped to get rid of a wolf, so I find it hard to speak against her.

Rikae has a wolfish feel to her. She was a non-voter on Day 1, and I've already stated how that looks to me. She didn't vote on Day 2 either, so I'm a little dubious about that. All she's really done so far is give opinions.

Eonwe doesn't look too good right now. On day one, he tied up the vote for Fea by voting McCaber. If he were a wolf, that would be a reasonable move, saving one of his fellows. YesterDay his vote came after the deadline, but he was going to vote for Inzil. If he were innocent, easy enough to interpret, but if he weren't, could voting right at the deadline be a ruse? I can't remember if his post were particularly long or not.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #239
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Lalaith did not vote on Day 1, if I'm correct.
I did, I voted quite early (before McCaber's reveal) and I voted for poor Shasta.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sitting down in the familiar armchair Nogrod felt the impact of the extreme events and a few too many early drinks making him feel stunned... Maybe I just need a little nap...

But before falling into sleep he was awaken by a noise he wasn't aware where it came from. But anyway he was awake.

"Eönwë's "almost vote" for Inzil yesterDay is an enigma to me I admit. Now if he were his packmate - the last of them - would he have put himself into the spotlight like that? And why all this show toDay? I mean I'm tending to believe him more innocent than guilty right now, but for the show of it. My reason tells me that he should have not voted his mate in the last instance and then back off from it. He could have tens of nicer ways to go about that situation. Okay, something bothers me with it but I'd tend to think him right now more innocent than guilty.

Nessa's row with Fea on Day1 was an interesting one and a possible wolf-on-wolf - but also something an innocent might have done. Looking back it was the wolf-Inzil who pointed out Nessa's insistence that it was not a retaliation vote - which none of us had noticed. Maybe we should check that whether it was one of Inzil's schemings or whether it was for real (and he knew how they had fumbled with it). But anyway, yesterDay Nessa nicely "helped" Inzil giving Pitchwife a second vote after Inzil had gotten one putting him to a lead - and eventually to his death.

Autume I can't say anything about right now. I have thought she should be given the benefit of doubt here but we need to lok at her closer now...

EDIT: X'd again... how come we post in bursts like this all the time...