The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
Keeper of Amroth

Question Curious: Who is buying the games?

The Two Towers Video Game by EA games will be coming out on Tuesday the 22nd and I was wondering who here will be purchasing it. Keep in mind there is another game, the Fellowship of the Ring made by a different company that is a total piece of trash, at one point Sam is kidnapped by a Nazghul on a dragon <P>I for one will be buying the Two Towers game for PS2, it looks quite promising.<P>Anyone else? share your thoughts ....
Old 10-20-2002, 09:39 PM   #2
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I am going to wait and see if I win it from the official website (fat chance!), & when that contest is over I will buy it at some point (or ask for it for Christmas!).
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #3
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Eye

I WOULD buy it for sure, but at the moment I can't afford a PS2 or Gameboy Advance (or whatever the other game system was). I wish they made TTT for the PC!!! <p>[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Eruialiwen ]
Old 10-21-2002, 08:11 PM   #4
Helkasir
Haunting Spirit

Helkasir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I might be able to, but I plan on it. I'm not sure if there's an XBOX version~ there's an Xbox version of the Fellowship of the ring that's decent. I also have the snes version of it, which is plain crap.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:07 PM   #5
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Yep I am buyin both of them! Don't care if there crap! It's Lord of the Rings.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 09:10 PM   #6
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Oh one more thing... Tigerlily, where can you win it from?
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 09:56 PM   #7
Evenstar1
Wight

Evenstar1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can win it from the official movie site (www.lordoftherings.net). There's a contest right off the main page.<P>I'm buying it (TTT game), but for my husband. He'll watch the movies, but refuses to read the books, so I figure I can kind of get him to understand ME better if the game is a true to the books as it claims to be. Also, since I'm not much of a "gamer," I can just watch from the sidelines. I can't figure out how to manipulate game characters to save my life (uh, literally, I guess)! <P>Thanks for the UD on the FOTR game. I was planning to buy it, but will reconsider now!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:01 AM   #8
GreyIstar
Wight

GreyIstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Two Towers got a great rating. I think ill trade in a game I never got into and get Two Towers. I don't know about the Fellowship, it is based off the books not the movie but I heard it was inferior.<P><A HREF="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2895276,00.html" TARGET=_blank>Gamespot</A>

"Dangerous!" cried Gandalf. "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord."
GreyIstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:49 AM   #9
Nilwen
Haunting Spirit

Nilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think I will try it.If I don't like it I can allways sell it on ebay or something.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:39 PM   #10
Keeper of Amroth

Sting

Yep, the Fellowship of the Ring for XBOX got HORRIBLE rating don't buy it! Sam gets kidnapped by a dragon !!!!<P>But The Two Towers out on PS2 and game boy advance right now (soon to come XBOX/gamecube) got great rating. I was watching the movies of gameplay it looks quite cool )<P>going to buy it this Friday for PS2 )<P>Anyone who has it right now and played please tell us what you think.<P>Arwen-<BR>Its not that hard to manipulate them
Old 10-25-2002, 10:47 PM   #11
LeGoLaSz gUrL
Animated Skeleton

LeGoLaSz gUrL has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LeGoLaSz gUrL
Sting

I really want that game, it looks really cool! Im gonna get it eventually, lol. Since i already have a PS2, i should ask for it for Christmas. But then my parents would be like you're too old for video games...im not that old...im turning 15 :<P>(edit: Please change spelling mistakes by editing the original post, not adding two new ones.)<p>[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
LeGoLaSz gUrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:58 PM   #12
greyhavener
Wight

greyhavener has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'll be buying it for my kid's birthday and will get to play it after he's in bed.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:29 AM   #13
Keeper of Amroth

Sting

Well I've been playing it, great game. GOt Aragorn to level 3 and I have to say it's pretty tough ) gotta go try Legolas tonight )
Old 10-26-2002, 02:17 PM   #14
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I am getting to for sure! My best friend has it and its awsome!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:12 PM   #15
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dûm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

*has sheepish look on face*<P>Does it work for the ancient Playstation?<BR>My sister says so but I haven't got the guts to ask a sales clerk.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:05 PM   #16
Evenstar1
Wight

Evenstar1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Does anyone know if TTT-game will be coming out for the PC? My kids have a Sega and an N64. All the games my hubby plays are on the PC, so I was hoping to avoid having to buy an Xbox or PS2! <P>Alternately, if I wind up having to buy Xbox or PS2, which would you recommend? (I have absolutely no point of reference here!)
Old 10-29-2002, 07:30 PM   #17
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I really want that game, it looks really cool! Im gonna get it eventually, lol. Since i already have a PS2, i should ask for it for Christmas. But then my parents would be like you're too old for video games...im not that old...im turning 15<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Tell your parents that my Mom is in her 50's and she loves video games And I'm 18 and I love them too
Old 10-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #18
Dimaldaeon
Wight

Dimaldaeon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Dimaldaeon Send a message via AIM to Dimaldaeon
Sting

Does anyone knoe if EA's TTT is coming out on Gamecube as I refuse to buy any other console. By the way I wouldn't really trust a game made by Ea to make a great LOTR game as they will most likely just copy some other game and leave us with an inferior clone.<P>The Hobbit is coming out exclusevely on Gamecube.Woohoo.

You're not drunk if you can still hold onto a blade of grass to stop yourself from falling off the face of the Earth
Dimaldaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #19
dufraine

i think the cube gets passed up on TTT. sorry. but the game is pretty sweet. i have Aragorn up to level 9 and he's basically killing orcs with this breath now. the movie clips in the game work really well and some of the extras are pretty entertaining. <P>i haven't played FOTR, but LOTR TTT is pretty close to excellent.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:48 PM   #20
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Can any of you gamers tell me what the FoTR game is like? I know many of you said "it's awful", but I like games that are more puzzle oriented, like Gabriel Knight and King's Quest, (I know, those are SOOOO 90s!) rather than the "hack and slash" games, which just make me nervous.<P>So would one of us "oldsters" like the FoTR game?
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 04:46 PM   #21
pherostien
Animated Skeleton

pherostien has just left Hobbiton.
TTT is an awsome game. I have all my charecters on level 4 already. I like using Aragorn for most of everything, Legolas is my worst. It bugs when I cant get my comands quick enough.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:45 PM   #22
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>King's Quest, (I know, those are SOOOO 90s!) rather than the "hack and slash" games, which just make me nervous.<BR>So would one of us "oldsters" like the FoTR game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Both types make me nervous...LOL...I'm not very good at either, even though I love them!!!! I LOVED the King's Quest games, especially "The Princeless Bride"
Old 11-06-2002, 05:23 AM   #23
Harmonica
Animated Skeleton

Harmonica has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> But then my parents would be like you're too old for video games...im not that old...im turning 15 : <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Too old?! You can never get too old to play and having fun! I´m 40 and enjoy videogames just as much as my 11 year old son.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:22 PM   #24
mithuel
Pile O'Bones

mithuel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Birdland, if you like quest-type games I think you'll like the FotR game on Xbox more.We've just hired both to try them out. My son's verdict: FotR is a really good game if you like puzzles to solve and it follows the storyline of the books pretty faithfully. <BR>TTT is basically a fighting game with not a lot of connection between the various levels. One minute you're Aragorn fighting ringwraiths at Weathertop. A movie sequence follows and then you can choose to be Aragorn, Gimli or Legolas fighting the squid thing at the gates of Moria. You don't get the chance to walk around and explore in it and my son didn't think it was as good as FotR.
mithuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:35 AM   #25
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ok, to clear up what game is on what system.<BR>FOTR: Play Station 2, Xbox<BR>TTT: Play Station 2, GBA<P>If you want good info on the TTT game, check out the special feature on the LOTR DVD.(not the 4-disc version DVD) There is also a $10 off coupon for the TTT game that comes with the DVD(not the 4-disc version DVD)