The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2002, 07:41 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Spoilers already...can you believe it?

Yes, somehow Tolkien Online has managed to get spoiler pics from ROTK already. They said it is possible that they might be from the Extended TTT, but it is very unlikely. The link to the 3 pics is <A HREF="http://www.tolkienonline.com/docs/8522.html" TARGET=_blank>here</A><P>Lol. I just love finding stuff like this. And beware...the spoilers have begun!
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

Ooooh...yes, my <I>precious</I>...they are starting to arrive...<I>gollum gollum</I>....
Old 12-30-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

All I have to say, is... YAY!!!!!!!!! Bring on the spoilers!!! lol
Old 12-30-2002, 09:46 PM   #4
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I'm ready! I used to be "anti-spoiler", but with the movies being different from the books, I need to be prepared! That one of Gollum with "The Precious" is CREEPY!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:08 PM   #5
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That picture of "Gollum and his Precious" doesn't really look like Gollum....
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 10:23 PM   #6
PippinSqueak
Pile O'Bones

PippinSqueak has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Yes! Spoilers rule!..usually.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:55 PM   #7
Maltagaerion
Haunting Spirit

Maltagaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That picture of "Gollum and his Precious" doesn't really look like Gollum.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Easily explained, they will probably be showing the decay of Smeagol and this pic is actually Gollum early on....before he lived under the Misty Mountains.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:17 PM   #8
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yay! Let's start the speculating!<BR>How did Merry, Pippin&Co. and up there? And in wich point of the movie is the scene going to be?
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:49 AM   #9
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

Maybe Merry ends up with Theoden after he comes to Meduseld
Old 01-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #10
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm ready! I used to be "anti-spoiler", but with the movies being different from the books, I need to be prepared! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>so true, I am glad I was not caught at unawares re: say the Elves at Helm's Deep.<P>I am hapy to remain unspoiled for something like say matrix 2and 3 [ even though my br-in-law works at the CG company doing the final shots of the 3rd film],or For Star Wars, but for LotR we already know what is supposed to happen!
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:55 AM   #11
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Gollum ones look like they are from the extended DVD. Don't mind the spoilers, just because you never know exactly how it is going to turn out. I read every spoiler that I saw for TTT, and I was ver surprised about the actual movie, so I never mind them.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:44 PM   #12
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think the Deagol n' Smeagol is in ttt, b/c they talk about it in the guide and show one of those pics.
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:48 PM   #13
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I actualy have a series of 5 pics showing smegols tranformation into gollum, but I cant find it! Doh! Get it as soon as possible.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:31 PM   #14
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

They show the story of Smeagol and Deagol? Whoopeeeeee!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #15
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

There's actually the perfect spot for them to insert the story of Smeagol and Deagol in TTT. When they're in the Dead Marshes, Frodo talks about how Gollum was called Smeagol, and Gollum gets this far-away look in his eyes, and he says something like, "Yes... I was called Smeagol once." I was <I>sure</I> they were going to show it then (I'd seen spoiler pics of Smeagol and Deagol in a boat sometime this summer, so I thought it would be in TTT).
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:45 PM   #16
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In the most recent issue of the LOTR Fan Club Official Movie Magazine (Issue #7, Feb-March, 2003), there is an interview with Peter Jackson. He reveals an interested tidbit on the possible ending for ROTK! <P>In it he is asked from Steve Stone of Markham, Illinois:<P>*highlight to see spoilers!*<P>By now we all know that the "Scouring of the Shire" won't be in the films due to the fact that there can't be a second, lesser climax in the story after the larger events that take place. But please tell us if you are going to use the "Sailing away from Middle-Earth" ending, which would age the characters a year or two from their final battles in the films and provide a more fitting farewell to such well-loved characters?<P>The answer is "yes." <P>Also in the most recent issue of the LOTR Fan Club Official Movie Magazine (Issue #7, Feb-March, 2003), there is an interview with Daniel Reeve, a calligrapher for the movies. <P>When asked about how he went about creating Bilbo's journal, he talks a bit about training Ian Holm to do his "Concerning Hobbits" bit at the beginning of the FOTR extended DVD. He goes on to say,<P>"..., I had to train Elijah to write with his quill, too, and do his little bit in the journal."<P>Does this give us a little insight as to what events might appear at the end of ROTK? <P>That is it for now!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #17
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Arwen. That's a cool idea how you posted the spoilers.<P>H.C.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #18
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

it didn't work for me
Old 03-18-2003, 08:22 PM   #19
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Just select over the black area. The text is there.<P>H.C.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:26 PM   #20
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Thanks for the spoilers, Arwen! It's good to know that the Havens will be included. <P><BR>Iarwain
Old 03-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #21
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I think those Deagol/Smeagol pictures are part of the extended TTT dvd. If you watch closely Gollum has a kinda "flashback" moment look in his eyes when Frodo mentions that his name was once Smeagol...I think that may be where a certain story plays out...I guess we'll see in November!

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:30 AM   #22
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwyn - Totally off topic, but what is the code for the totally cool "secret writing" effect you used to conceal the spoiler?<P>Oh, and I'm with the rest of you - the story of Smeagol/Deagol will be inserted in the Dead Marshes scene in the E.E. T.T.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:33 AM   #23
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Fantasy/The_Lord_of_the_Rings/LOTR_The_Return_of_the_King&img=" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> should be some more Gollum/Smeagol pics (and Aragorn in his "bright and shining armor"! ).<p>[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]
Old 03-19-2003, 08:36 AM   #24
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Last night my wife and kids got to meet Billy Boyd as he was in our home town. They had a blast, but there was one little tidbit he threw out.<P>My wife mentioned what an excellent job Sean Bean did with Boromir and Billy said, then you are really going to enjoy the extended Two Towers DVD which has a Boromir scene.<P>He wouldn't elaberate, but our guess is there may be a Faramir flashback to when Denethor decided to send Boromir to Rivendell instead of Faramir. This actually makes sense because it would set up very nicely the relationship between these three characters for RoTK where there are some very powerful Faramir-Denethor scenes.<P>Either way, it sounds pretty cool. More Faramir, more Merry, Pippin and Treebeard. I like it already.<P>H.C.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:46 AM   #25
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You wouldn't happen to know anything about Prince Imrahil anyone? Just wondering you know...<P>Oh, and I'm glad to hear about another Boromir scene. I'll enjoy that. Personally, I thing they should have killed him at the begining of TTT, like in the books, so it'll be good to actually see Boromir in TTT.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #26
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You want to see more? <P>C'mon Beg.................<P>Ok that may just be good enough............................................ .................................................. ..<P>Click <A HREF="http://www.ninecompanions.net/galleries/rotkgalleries/allpics_gallery_p1.html" TARGET=_blank>Here</A><P>Very Cool.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:08 PM   #27
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

Lets see if these pics turn up.<P> <P> <P>If these dont work Ill post the link<P>One is a picture of a man holding the horn of Gondor split in half(Most likely Faramir) and the other is A dead Oliphaunt.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:13 PM   #28
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

If you go to URL=http://http://www.ninecompanions.net/galleries/tttgalleries/other_gallery_p2.html]This[/URL] Page <P>there is a picture of a man holding the horn of Gondor split in half (Most likely Faramir)<BR>And a bunch of other cool pics.<P>Make sure you look at all 4 pages!!!! Its really cool!
Old 03-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #29
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

Very Cool!!! Thanks!
Old 03-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #30
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

1. Can anyone identify these soldiers?<P> <P>I think the one in the forground is enjoying a smoke break.<P>2. Who's this guy? Imrahil? If it is, it doesn't mean he has any lines. Afterall, Gil-galad is definately identifiable in the prologue. Imrahil may get the same treatment.<P> <P>3. Finally, this picture has made my day. <P> <P>H.C.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #31
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

Sorry let me repost that.<P><A HREF="http://www.ninecompanions.net/galleries/tttgalleries/other_gallery_p2.html" TARGET=_blank>web page</A>
Old 03-19-2003, 12:42 PM   #32
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Sting

The first ones are just Rohan Soldiers, nothing special as far as I know.<P>Second one is wearing Gondorian armor, So I would assume that it is a general of the Gondorian soldiers, Imrahil would have a different type of Armor most likely than the Gondorian armor.<P>Third if your wondering, Merry and Pippin at the guardhouse in Isenguard. For you folks who did not read the books, they find a lot of "man food" as treebeard calls it.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:23 PM   #33
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Birdland: To change the color of your text:<P> < Font color=blue>Hi there Birdland!< /font> <P>Exept without spaces between the < and F or < and /. I had to do that so that they would show up!<P>To make it "secret writing" type in black for the color.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:17 PM   #34
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

These are from <A HREF="http://www.dailydigest.net/tttdeletedscenes.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>I hope these pictures come out and I apologize for them being small. I couldn't find larger ones.<P> <P>This is the text that was with the pictures at the site.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The sewers of Osgiliath: The way the<BR>movie's cut now, Sam and Frodo go<BR>straight from Faramir releasing them to<BR>Gollum leading them through the woods.<BR>But a number of stills of "the Osgiliath<BR>sewers" were released, showing how<BR>Faramir helps them escape undetected. In<BR>fact, there's even a Topps card called "In<BR>the Osgiliath Sewers."<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Since this seems to be most logically after they leave Osgiliath, I'm wondering if this will be an opportunity to get more of the Faramir we are used to from the books. I can see something like Faramir explaining how he was bring the Ring for his father and how he himself "not if I found it on the highway, would I take it." It may be a good opportunity for Sam's line, "you showed your quality: the very highest".<P>It may help to heal over some of the wounds Faramir fans have suffered in much the same way as the gift giving in the FoTR Special Edition gave a Galadriel we were more familiar with.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:40 PM   #35
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, H.C. I DO love you! You always make me feel so much better about these movies! I wish you had a mailing list I could join - you always seem to have the scoop. Ext. DVD release is November, right?
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #36
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I just found 2 more pictures from Ringzone.net<P>They look to be ROTK, but I'm not sure what scene they are from. <P> <P>The first, of Frodo and Sam looks strange because instead of Frodo looking mad and Sam having his "sad face" towards Frodo, it's vice versa. The only thing the picture link said was "frodosam_final". Does that mean it will be the end of ROTK?<P> <P>This second one really throws me though. Does anyone have any ideas at what this may be from? The site said it was one of the most recent pictures to come out.<BR> <BR>EDIT: sorry, that second picture was way too big. <p>[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 01:27 PM   #37
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

That scene is promanently featured on the TTT preview that is packaged with the Special Edition FoTR. I have never been able to figure it out.<P>It's pretty though.<P>Editted to add:<P>Here's another pic from the same sight. Sorry for the size.<P> <P>This looks like Treebeard's home with entdraught running into a basin. What make me laugh is the figure in the forground, center right which looks like a headless Merry.<P>H.C.<p>[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 03-23-2003, 01:43 PM   #38
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The first, of Frodo and Sam looks strange because instead of Frodo looking mad and Sam having his "sad face" towards Frodo, it's vice versa. The only thing the picture link said was "frodosam_final". Does that mean it will be the end of ROTK?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's a TTT poster. You can see it at <A HREF="http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=12003;category_id=2472;pcid 1=;pcid2=" TARGET=_blank>http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=12003;category_id=2472;pcid 1=;pcid2=</A>
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:46 PM   #39
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

This is one I just noticed. I was watching the second trailer that is packaged with the theatrical FoTR DVD. Towards the begining, there is a voice-over of Gandalf talking about Sauron as he is reaching into the hearth to pick up the wings with tongs. There is a quick flash of a series of shots featuring Sauron. You'll have to frame advance through them, but there is one of Sauron about to clobber a soldier with his mace with the eye banner behind him. It doesn't look like this shot is from the prologue and so lends support to the idea that Sauron is going to appear in physical form and kick some butt.<P>H.C.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:40 PM   #40
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1048554648" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is a list of comments and reports from people who've seen or heard things in interviews and so on, which give a lot of clues to what will most likely be shown in the end of the ROTK.