The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #121
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Oh yeah, and Sally? Post count is MINE. OH YEAH.
You bet it is.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #122
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Hm. Two kills. I'm going to guess they didn't have special roles, Shasta, since none were listed in the narration.
My leftover comments from yesterDay were that I agreed with Lottie on Wilwa's forced sounding tone, and also that I, along with a few others I don't remember, found Sally's self-vote a bit fishy or even out of character - but apparently the second point is now pointless.
Oh yes, for those who wondered, my older, more female alter ego is in the US - NY, to be specific.
I'll be around in after a work day or a good night's sleep to enlighten all with my great wisdom. OK, to amuse all with my absurdity....
Annoy everyone with my foolishness? Meh.

Oh yeah, and Sally? Post count is MINE. OH YEAH.
I'll fight you for it, Rikae.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #123
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Triple post, page four, and I'd like to add:
that BG-wagon yesterDay was terrible and an example of Day one stupidity at its worst. I know, I didn't vote, it's easy for me to say - but for crying out loud, voting for someone because of such an obvious bit of sloppiness? Does anyone here actually think a wolf would do that, unless an experienced and tricksy enough wolf to do it as a "no wolf would be so careless" bluff? I'm going to have to look more closely at that wagon - though I understand innocents can sometimes commit such egregious
DAY ONE FAILS too. Don't worry, folks, if you're innocent, you have nothing to fear.

EDIT: Oh man, no triple post.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #124
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:

EDIT: Oh man, no triple post.

Love ya hon.

And regarding the BG vote - Rikae, if you'd followed the last game you'd realize that thinking BG was a wolf from the way she was acting... not so much a stretch.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #125
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It doesn't even need to be compared to her last game. It was the fact that she had voted for someone a few posts after saying she thought them innocent.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #126
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wolf Pack:
Wilwa
Shasta/Noia

Probable Innocents:
Lottie (without the probable, of course)
Zil
Izzy

Not A Clue (But Gonna Say...Innocent???:
Keepandir of Dol Mira
WWinty
Pitchie
Rikae

~~~

I'm off to look at The Three I Don't Feel Very Happiful About Right Now.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #127
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Alright, obviously, Sally was not in fact killed by the Metamorphs.

And Eomer appears to have been one of the secret roles? I don't know what his role was supposed to do, but given that we have an Assassin that hunts the Metamorphs with a special gun, and Eomer had a special gun in the narration, maybe he was the counterpart to whatever killed Sally?

Speaking of, it's looking like we may, in fact, have a werebear. Which immediately makes me suspect Rikae, obviously.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-12-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: X'ed with Lottie.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #128
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Am I the only one who still doesn't quite see what Eomer was? A Bounty Hunter? I don't recall that role in the 'open' list. Was he one of the secret ones? Ah well. I've been awake for going on 18 hours now, so maybe that's something to do with it.

Quote:
Triple post, page four, and I'd like to add:
that BG-wagon yesterDay was terrible and an example of Day one stupidity at its worst. I know, I didn't vote, it's easy for me to say - but for crying out loud, voting for someone because of such an obvious bit of sloppiness? Does anyone here actually think a wolf would do that, unless an experienced and tricksy enough wolf to do it as a "no wolf would be so careless" bluff? I'm going to have to look more closely at that wagon - though I understand innocents can sometimes commit such egregious
DAY ONE FAILS too.
As Shasta said, BG was acting very much like her lupine self from the previous game. All the same indicators were there. And to me, her reactions after being called on her posting error regarding Lottie's copied list made her look worse.

I don't think it was at all unreasonable to vote BG. Actually, Wilwa's vote for Sally seems to make her look a bit worse toDay. Keeping away from the BG wagon when Wilwa knew she was already done for would have been a very smart move for a Wilwamorph.

x/d with Shasta
Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #129
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce you to my newest project! *points to odd looking robot standing beside her* His name is B.I.L.L.Y (Biomechanical Intelligent Lifeform Limited to Yelling). I wanted him to be a singing robot, but B.I.L.L.S. is a dumb name.

I'll be popping on randomly for the next few hours. Then I have to work. The DL is midnight for me so I'll have to vote a bit early, I'll basically come on for a couple minutes when I get home from work, right before I go to sleep. So toDay won't be the best day for me regarding participation.

I think it's interesting about the gifteds not being able to reveal. For the Hunter it's no big deal, I don't really think they should ever reveal themselves anyway. Kind of goes the same way for the Ranger in most cases. This will also save us from having to deal with false reveals, which is fantastic.

x'ed with Inzil and Eomer
I noticed the "I think it's interesting" line. The whole post sounds hesitant and a bit too careful, as though she's not sure how she's supposed to respond.

Quote:
Oh, ok, good to know. We'll have to be careful about anyone who comes out with made up roles then. As well, a Metamorph could come out as the Seer, but since they have to give up a wolf they'd either need to give up one of their own or blame an innocent (which would give them away within a Day). So, I like this rule a lot, it balances it out the game, but also will save us from all the confussion that false reveals can cause.
This post doesn't really say much except talk about the new rules. While not evil in itself, it really doesn't say much or give us any handle on her.

Quote:
Ha ha.

But, but that's what makes Day 1s oh so much fun.

Uh, I have to go to work now. I'm not going to be back for like 9 hours. Sorry. But I will definitely be voting!
Doesn't say much.

Quote:
On my little 15 minute break. Had time to skim.

So when is DL? I thought it was midnight my time, which is in 3.5ish hours. But it isn't? I'm confused...

I don't really want to vote random, cause I haven't had time to really look, especially if the DL is when I think it is.

So I won't vote now. If it turns out I was mistaken about the DL, then sorry for missing it. If I'm right about the DL then I'll be on in about 2 hours to vote.
Talks about DL.

Quote:
Ok. So not too much to go on sadly. Sally's self vote is weird, but so sally-ish that it's not really all that suspicious. BG's vote is very weird, her explanation just now almost made sense to me until I went back to Lottie's list and saw that she had put herself under 'Is the most innocent person you have never laid eyes on' not under relatively innocent. Even though all the other headings are the same, so I suppose she could have put her there accidently. I suppose.

Gah.

I'll vote soon then I guess. Maybe for BG, cause it's still weird. Maybe for Sally. Maybe for someone else....

x'ed with peeps who said what I said, haha, I need to learn to refresh more often...
Mentions that Sally looked weird, but not suspicious. Mentions that BeiGe's vote was weird but not suspicious, and that she can see where BeiGe was coming from.

Quote:
I get it. She copy and pasted this:

Is the most innocent person you have never laid eyes on:
Lottie!

Relatively Innocentish:
Zil
Eomer
BeiGe

And just put the Relatively Innocentish part right above Lottie's name. So I see what she means.

K, I won't vote for her then, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt here.

Now, I don't know who to vote for...
I still don't understand that. In my opinion, this looks a lot like a wolf holding herself out of the incriminating bandwaggoning-against-someone-she-knew-to-be-innocent.

Quote:
Gah, just lost my post.

I get what BG's trying to say, even if I can't explain myself, so I'm not gonna vote for her.

For lack of nothing better:

[*highlight]++Sally[/highlight]
She actually said she didn't suspect Sally above. By this point it was pretty clear that BeiGe was going to die, so this was a pretty risk-free bit of wolf-on-wolf (if it was wolf-on-wolf).

EDIT: xed with Zil
Old 06-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #130
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I don't think it was at all unreasonable to vote BG. Actually, Wilwa's vote for Sally seems to make her look a bit worse toDay. Keeping away from the BG wagon when Wilwa knew she was already done for would have been a very smart move for a Wilwamorph.
Yeah. What he said.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #131
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
"Arrive"? "Arrive" from where, deep space? I've been here the entire time.

Um... yes.

My first project is to restore running water to the facilities - Lottie's head is notably hard.

In any case, down to suspicions. Lottie has a history of being roughly 50% correct in her day one suspicions, and given that Wilwa is Lottie's only real suspicion so far, and given that the second post of Wilwa's that Lottie claims is 'forced' actually isn't (aaaand that this is entirely the style of play that so irritated me last time I played in a game with you, Lottie, dear, so I'm nipping it in the bud now - Stop it, with love, Shasta ), I don't buy it.

Right now I'm suspicious of Sally. Her vote looks precisely designed to not... do much of anything besides discourage other random votes for her.

I also, while reading up to this point, developed a "suspicious" read on either Pitch or Eomer... but for the life of me can not remember which one it was! I'm going to go figure that out now.
1. Last game* you were a wolf; I don't know why you're reminding me of it...

2. Warns me off my Wilwa suspicion, which if she is a wolf, doesn't look too good for him.

3. Is suspicious of Sally.

Quote:
Not at all. Just don't go haring off into the wild... erm... black yonder, twisting nuances of speech and other things to fit your theories like last time, and we're good.

Regarding Eomer, I don't really see what's so suspicious about his suspicion of BG (whom I'm not entirely comfortable with, what with her protestations of "I'm not a wolf, I was one last time"). I honestly think it was Pitch that I was initially suspicious of, but I can't figure out why. Maybe it's my psychic powers working for the innocent side this time?

Funny sidenote - I couldn't figure out a way for that last statement to NOT sound like a subtle Telepath-clue, but it was too good a line to pass up, so I just went ahead and said it. I'm not the Telepath.
No you're not the Telepath. He also doesn't suspect Eomer, and already suspects BeiGe.

Quote:
BG, when you're the only one with a vote, you're going to push others to vote as well. One innocent can't lynch a wolf by his/herself. The reasoning for your vote is entirely specious, and that, combined with your "I couldn't be a wolf twice in a row" defense from earlier is going to end up as follows -

[*highlight]++Blind Guardian[/highlight]
Votes BeiGe in almost a "OMGUS" move, only it wasn't himself she voted.

Quote:
You did.
Quote:
...Is this a confession?
Responding to BeiGe.

Quote:
Not on purpose!
Banter with Izzy and Modwen.

Quote:
See, I was going to mention this, but like an intelligent person I refreshed this time.
Banter with Izzy.

Quote:
Except that Lottie didn't have a "Relatively Uninnocentish" category in her list. She had a "Relatively Innocentish" category, but even if you meant to move Lottie into that category it still doesn't explain why you voted for her.
Quote:
The point, BG, is that you voted for Lottie after clearly labeling her in your list as "innocentish". Even if you did make a mistake and put her in the wrong category, the category you said you meant to put her in doesn't even exist on Lottie's list.
Responding to BeiGe.

Quote:
Two kills, and neither one appears to be from our Assassin (needler/laser thing). Of the two kills, Sally sounds more like she was killed by the Metamorphs (torn to pieces).

Nerwen, love of my life? Mind telling us what Eomer and Sally were?
Trying to figure out what the hey happened with the Night kills.

Quote:
Also (and I meant to put this in the previous post, but got sidetracked by calling the Moddess a pet name ), does this mean we have a were-bear of some kind?
Asks a question we all know isn't going to be answered.

Quote:
I'll fight you for it, Rikae.
Banter with Rikae.

Quote:
Love ya hon.

And regarding the BG vote - Rikae, if you'd followed the last game you'd realize that thinking BG was a wolf from the way she was acting... not so much a stretch.
Defends the BeiGe bandwaggon.

Quote:
Alright, obviously, Sally was not in fact killed by the Metamorphs.

And Eomer appears to have been one of the secret roles? I don't know what his role was supposed to do, but given that we have an Assassin that hunts the Metamorphs with a special gun, and Eomer had a special gun in the narration, maybe he was the counterpart to whatever killed Sally?

Speaking of, it's looking like we may, in fact, have a werebear. Which immediately makes me suspect Rikae, obviously.
Trys to work out the roles.

~~~

All in all, I'm on the fence. If Wilwa turns out to be a wolf, I'd say we should take a good look at him...but also, he says he was suspicious of Sally and never mentions it again, almost as though he was just suspecting her because he was supposed to. But...meh...I don't know...

Off to look at Noia...

EDIT: *Last game we played together, that is...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #132
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm actually going to chime in on this one (I'm agreeing with Lottie? What?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I noticed the "I think it's interesting" line. The whole post sounds hesitant and a bit too careful, as though she's not sure how she's supposed to respond.
Wilwa was also the first to point out that we wouldn't have to deal with false reveals (IIRC). She mentioned that it was "fantastic". Now, I've accused Lottie of this multiple times - reads on someone shouldn't depend on one word (and I happen to know that Vanessa's a very ebullient personality <3) but taken together the first thing I thought upon rereading was "she seemed awfully eager to point that out - wolf looking for citizen points?"

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-12-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: X'ed with Lottie.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #133
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
2. Warns me off my Wilwa suspicion, which if she is a wolf, doesn't look too good for him.
Your Wilwa suspicion was full of holes at the time and you were twisting things to fit your theories, which was reminiscent of earlybad!Lottie from last game. I reacted accordingly. Nerr to you. And besides, I seem to have accomplished what I hoped to - you aren't doing it anymore.

Quote:
Votes BeiGe in almost a "OMGUS" move, only it wasn't himself she voted.
It's not "OMGUS" by definition, since BG didn't vote me, so... I don't see your point here.

Quote:
Asks a question we all know isn't going to be answered.
The question was rhetorical, and don't try to say we weren't all thinking it. I just gave it voice.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #134
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
A rather large man strolls onto the bridge, rage barely contained on his face. Taking in the friendly banter his right eye twitches for a full hour before he finally begins to speak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*coughs* Eomer, weren't you in charge of making sure that a situation like this did *not* occur? I further find baseless attacks on Ms. Guardian, as loopy as she is, unwarranted. Please refrain in the future from attacking others without some flimsy reasoning at the least will be met with harshly in the future. And if Ms. Guardian is indeed a metamorph, I get the feeling we'll know before too much longer.

[~~~]

Also, Rikae must be metamorph scum, hiding under a convenient guise of being a stowaway. *eyetwitch*
Asks that Eomer not attack BeiGe baselessly. See his point, even if I can also see where Eomer was coming from.

Quote:
Recall the last time we had a friendly game of werewolf on the ship; the Tactical Officer was quite keen to self destruct during that game, and I bet a metamorph version of her couldn't resist the same urges to act like a plum fool.

Nice omgus there. The only reason I disappeared was because I didn't have much time earlier; I'm generally not around until the evening. I honestly do agree with you on Sally though; experience dictates using a throwaway vote is always a bad idea. The fact Sally voted for herself so she "wouldn't accidentally contribute to any innocent deaths" smacks of... oh what's the word here? It feels as if she is wasting her vote as to not draw suspicion for it later (as in to avoid the usual cloud of suspicion and whatnot that surrounds innocent lynches) and to discourage a bandwagon on her.

Speaking of BG and self destructing.

Not only did BG then proceed to vote for Lottie, she also then proceeded to put suspicion onto Eomer, someone who's early suspicions she was laughing off as just being crazy, making her putting Eomer in the suspicious pile rather well.. suspect.

This is making me eat my words earlier, but, based on this and waiting on BG's upcoming roleflip, I'm starting to think the Security Officer is innocent afterall.

[*highlight]++Blind Guardian[/highlight]

Harmless (earthling):
Paranoia

Mostly Harmless(Probable Earthlings):
Shasta - One of the first few to notice BG's glaring slip.
IZZY - Ditto.

Don't Panic (about them, anyway.):
Eomer (waiting on BG to flip.)
Lottie (could go in the panic category soon.)

Panic!:
Sally. (See above.)
BG. (voted for her for reasons above; obviously is going to go in here.)

Everyone else: Not much of a read on them at the moment, unfortunately.

Crossed a whole bunch of times with Shasta, Izzy, Lottie, BG, and Willy? Willwuffins? Willowail? Whatevah.
Suspects Sally pretty strongly, which makes him look a bit better. And he makes good points on her, as well as on BeiGe. She turned out innocent, but still, at least one other innocent thought her guilty. So this post leaves me confused.

Quote:
That still doesn't make sense; There'd be no reason to put Lottie in the relatively innocent category; she would have deleted everything from the list and then put in new names in as she went along. The explanation just doesn't add up. It feels more like she was trying to go along with whatever everyone else was doing without really contributing, which is something she's done last game. If anything, her "Grrr lottie's making people vote grr she must be a metamorph!" post and vote makes her even worse in conjecture with this, because people not voting, and therefore attracting the mod's ire, is even worse for us in this bloody ship when the modkills start piling up.
I don't really know what to think after looking at him more closely. Not really suspicious, not really innocent looking...he makes good points, too...what's a girl to think?

Last edited by Loslote; 06-13-2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: xed with Shasta
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #135
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So... Eomer was a secret role.? Defender and Assassin found each other. Sally was killed by.. the other secret role?

I'm not surprised Sally was a baddie; not sure why.

I'm a bit too lazy to check timestamps, but where these posts in regards to Sally/Wilwa made before Sally was revealed as a metamorph? I wouldn't really see a reason for Wilwamorph to be voting for one of her mates, unless it was a preemptive bussing/distancing. However.. who could've predicted Sally would've been eliminated last Night? Obviously, other than whomever killed her.

X'd with Loslote.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #136
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'm actually going to chime in on this one (I'm agreeing with Lottie? What?):
That's it, he's a wolf! Lynch him!

Quote:
Your Wilwa suspicion was full of holes at the time and you were twisting things to fit your theories, which was reminiscent of earlybad!Lottie from last game. I reacted accordingly. Nerr to you. And besides, I seem to have accomplished what I hoped to - you aren't doing it anymore.

It's not "OMGUS" by definition, since BG didn't vote me, so... I don't see your point here.

The question was rhetorical, and don't try to say we weren't all thinking it. I just gave it voice.
1. I wasn't really at the time, you know. I'm pretty sure I only made one post about it. Still, I can see where you're coming from...

2. I meant in the retaliatory sense - you voted for her because you didn't like her vote. That's really the essence of OMGUS, isn't it?

3. I know. I was mostly joking.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #137
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
So... Eomer was a secret role.? Defender and Assassin found each other. Sally was killed by.. the other secret role?

I'm not surprised Sally was a baddie; not sure why.

I'm a bit too lazy to check timestamps, but where these posts in regards to Sally/Wilwa made before Sally was revealed as a metamorph? I wouldn't really see a reason for Wilwamorph to be voting for one of her mates, unless it was a preemptive bussing/distancing. However.. who could've predicted Sally would've been eliminated last Night? Obviously, other than whomever killed her.

X'd with Loslote.
Does the Defender know who the Assassin is now? The Assassin'd know, yeah, but was the Defender told?

Vanilwufforph voted Day 1; Sallorph died Night 2. Vanilwufforph wouldn't have known. (I wonder how many stuff we can stick onto Wilwa's name? )
Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #138
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:

2. I meant in the retaliatory sense - you voted for her because you didn't like her vote. That's really the essence of OMGUS, isn't it?
I didn't like the reasons (or lack thereof) for her vote. Not quite the same thing. And as I recall, that vote was for you! Some thanks.

Alright, I think I'm hitting the hay. Good night.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-13-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: X'ed with Lottie.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #139
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I didn't like the reasons (or lack thereof) for her vote. Not quite the same thing. And as I recall, that vote was for you! Some thanks.

Alright, I think I'm hitting the hay. Good night.
Alright, alright, not quite OMGUS vote. I got it.

Good Night, O Morphlike One!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #140
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Silmaril

Quote:
Does the Defender know who the Assassin is now? The Assassin'd know, yeah, but was the Defender told?
Nope. That's why the Assassin was masked in the narration.

And no, I'm not going to reveal what killed Sally– yet.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #141
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Not sure, but I would imagine so. If the Telepath dreamed of a fellow agent, then they could PM them. Perhaps something similar occurs to the Assassin and Defender. *shrug*

X'd w/ Nerwen. haha.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #142
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Not sure, but I would imagine so. If the Telepath dreamed of a fellow agent, then they could PM them. Perhaps something similar occurs to the Assassin and Defender. *shrug*

X'd w/ Nerwen. haha.
Something similar does indeed occur, but it's a two-step process.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #143
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Something similar does indeed occur, but it's a two-step process.
What? The Defender has to defend the Assassin to know or something? My, my, Modwen, your game is starting to be as silly and confusing as one of Sally's! Almost, anyway. Not quite, but then, it'd be hard to rival Sally's games.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #144
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
What? The Defender has to defend the Assassin to know or something? My, my, Modwen, your game is starting to be as silly and confusing as one of Sally's!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #145
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
wintywinty's Arrival

Hello Everybody, I profusely apologize for missing the first day, I simply forgot; and I won't miss anymore.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #146
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty View Post
Hello Everybody, I profusely apologize for missing the first day, I simply forgot; and I won't miss anymore.
Excellent; other people exist! (Aka, the Refresh The Page Until Someone Posts Game gets boring. ) Have you had a chance to read through the thread? What are your impressions?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #147
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Roles

Evil

Metamorphs (2)
These shapeshifters, native to Wolf-562-e, have infiltrated the crew of the Lothlórien in the opening move of a plot to betray the Terran League to its relentless enemy, the Radiant Empire.

Metamorphs can perfectly impersonate humans (and many other species), but revert to their true forms when killed.

The Metamorphs will secretly murder one crewmember during each Night phase. Once the number of Metamorphs is equal to the number of humans, they will attack them openly and seize control of the ship.

The Traitor
The traitor is a human spy for the Radiant Empire, and knows all about the plot– except for one little detail: which of his shipmates were murdered. Thus, he is as much in the dark about the identity of the Metamorphs as the rest of the crew. The Traitor uses a mental screening device, which protects him from the Telepath.

The Traitor also has one extra option: During the Night phase he may, if he chooses, reveal his role to any other player via pm and ask if that player is a Metamorph. If innocent, the other player may not reveal the interaction, but may of course try to get the Traitor lynched. If the other player is a Metamorph, the Traitor and Metamorphs will be able to pm for the rest of the game. The Traitor can use this option three times.

Good

Terran Intelligence Agents
Due to an administrative screw-up, these three were given no direct way to identify each other.

The Defender
Trained in martial arts, the Defender chooses a crewmember to protect each Night. May not protect the same person twice in a row. May not self-protect.

The Assassin
Armed with a gun that shoots darts lethal to the Metamorph nervous system, the assassin may pick one target every Night. Human victims will be unharmed. The Assassin need not die to make a kill.

However, the Assassin carries the dart-gun only when hunting Metamorphs. If lynched, the Assassin will throw a knife at the target, who will be killed regardless of role.

The Rest of the Crew.
Must try to catch the Metamorphs before it's too late.

Other (1),

There are two secret roles, which are secret.

The Crew

Living
Commander Inziladun –First Officer.
Lieutenant Paranoia –Second Officer.
Ensign Pitchwife –Communications Officer/Interpreter.
Master Chief Petty Officer Loslote –Chief Engineer.
Chief Petty Officer Keeper of Dol Guldur –Quartermaster.
Isabellkya –Sensor Technician, First Class.
Wilwa –Android Technician, Second Class.
Shasta –Engineering Technician.
wintywinty –Weapons Maintenance Technician.
Rikae –"Cabin Boy" (a thirteen-year-old stowaway).

Dead
Doctor Morsul –Medical Officer and Captain McNerwen. –shot by Traitor on Night One.
Ensign Blind Guardian– Tactical Officer. –Died in convulsions (Telepath).
Eomer –Security Officer. –Thrown out the airlock (Bounty Hunter).
Lieutenant Sally –Navigator. –Torn to pieces (Metamorph).

Above is a list of remaining roles and still Alive people. Just to Note, there is only person that is simply a "member of the crew" with no special role.

Just for clarification, the Bounty Hunter is one of the two Secret Roles correct?

Last edited by wintywinty; 06-13-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: xed with Lottie
Old 06-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #148
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Just for clarification, the Bounty Hunter is one of the two Secret Roles correct?
Clarification? I think that's what we all want - but alas, our dear Modwen has signed up for the Crazy Rules Race. I don't think any of us have a clue what's going on.

But yeah, I think that's what the general concensus agreed on.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #149
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Above is a list of remaining roles and still Alive people. Just to Note, there is only person that is simply a "member of the crew" with no special role.
Eh? There are four ordos living, winty. Count again.

Quote:
Yes.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #150
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

So do the Terrain Intelligence Agents have nothing special to do then?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #151
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
So do the Terrain Intelligence Agents have nothing special to do then?
"The Terran Intelligence Agents" is another name for the Assassin, Defender, and Telepath, methinks.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 AM   #152
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
Clarification? I think that's what we all want - but alas, our dear Modwen has signed up for the Crazy Rules Race. I don't think any of us have a clue what's going on.
The "crazy rule", as you call it, happens to be a little consolation prize for the good side, which I had always meant to bring in if they lost their Telepath before anyone had got in touch (yes, I had qualms making the inexperienced BG the Seer). It's not meant to duplicate the original way of making contact.

X'd since last post.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #153
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
"The Terran Intelligence Agents" is another name for the Assassin, Defender, and Telepath, methinks.
Exactly. You've counted the good guys twice, winty.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #154
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
The "crazy rule", as you call it, happens to be a little consolation prize for the good side, which I had always meant to bring in if they lost their Telepath before anyone had got in touch (yes, I had qualms making the inexperienced BG the Seer). It's not meant to duplicate the original way of making contact.

X'd since last post.
Ohhh. Gotcha. How nice of you!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #155
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Eomer was the first one to suspect Sally of being a Metamorph (Rikae's mention on the first page was nonsense), and then he was killed. If his killing was by the Metamorphs, then it suggests that he was on to something, and perhaps one or both of the other Metamorphs were on his list as suspicious. The other three listed as suspicious were Zil, Paranoia, and Pitchwife.

Later on, Pitchwife's list of suspicion included both Zil and Sally as two of the "trusted", and Paranoia was on his undecided list.

Later on, Eomer votes Paranoia, perhaps another Metamorph, and is killed.

Right now, until further posts can be examined (tommorow),
My top three suspects are Pitchwife, Paranoia and Zil, with Pitchwife and Paranoia at the top.

X'd with the past three posts
Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #156
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Exactly. You've counted the good guys twice, winty.
Ok, Thanks.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 AM   #157
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Eomer was the first one to suspect Sally of being a Metamorph (Rikae's mention on the first page was nonsense), and then he was killed. If his killing was by the Metamorphs, then it suggests that he was on to something, and perhaps one or both of the other Metamorphs were on his list as suspicious. The other three listed as suspicious were Zil, Paranoia, and Pitchwife.

Later on, Pitchwife's list of suspicion included both Zil and Sally as two of the "trusted", and Paranoia was on his undecided list.

Later on, Eomer votes Paranoia, perhaps another Metamorph, and is killed.

Right now, until further posts can be examined (tommorow),
My top three suspects are Pitchwife, Paranoia and Zil, with Pitchwife and Paranoia at the top.
Huh. That's a good point. I wouldn't think all of them are, in fact, morphs - that would be too good to be true, and no wolf pack would kill off someone with that clear a trail - but it's definitely worth looking into. If anything, we know that he wasn't trying to lead us astray.

As it happens, I rather trust Zil, and am entirely unsure about Noia. Pitchie, though. I agree that he's someone to look closer at. But...it's tomorrow already (past midnight) and I am sleepy. I'll stay up for a bit longer, but I'm not up for any long analysis...so that'll have to wait for later.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #158
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So Eomer had a secret role? That sort of fits... Somehow he felt rather non-ordoish to me yesterDay; I even wondered whether his early unrelenting demand to have BG 'strung up' could be an exceptionally blatant Seer-hint and was worried whether I was putting too much pressure on him to explain himself.

But since Eomer's role is now revealed as 'Bounty Hunter', maybe he got a Hunter kill and took sally with him? That's the only other other explanation for her death I can think of, apart from her being killed by the other secret role. Doesn't fit the narration, however, where it seems she was killed by an unidentified figure after Eomer's own death... so probably not.

(Speaking of sally: yeah, I was wrong about her. That happens.)

About that Seer-wagon: having read the last game, I see how her behaviour could have been seen as repeating her wolvish preincarnation, and honestly I'm not sure how I would have reacted to it myself if I'd been around to vote, but I find it noteworthy how everybody (that is, Izzy, Shasta, Noia and Zil) jumped on her blunder like wolves on a tasty bit of lynch-meat, without even considering the possibility that she'd just made a noobish mistake.

Looking at it chronologically (leaving out the bits about vote formatting and patterns; numbers of vote posts bolded):
#69 BG's list, with Lottie as 'relatively innocent'
#72 BG votes Lottie for 'pushing people to vote' (which was a very poor reason indeed)
#73 Lottie points out that BG's 'voting for an innocent'
#74 Izzy votes BG for incongruency between list and vote
#76 BG doesn't get what she's done wrong
#77 Zil: BG's reasoning 'beyond poor'
#78 Shasta explains why BG's reasoning is bad and votes her
#80 Lottie replies to Izzy's #74 that she'd 'forgotten' the incongruency (so I take it that her earlier 'voting an innocent' was not referring to BG's list?)
#81 BG realizes her mistake
#82 Izzy rubs BG's nose in her blunder.
#83 Shasta likewise.
#86 Shasta asks whether BG's #81 was a confession.
#88 Lottie echoes Shasta.
#90 BG tries to explain her error
#92 Izzy doesn't get how BG could have done that by mistake
#93 Shasta echoes Izzy
#94 Lottie likewise
#95 BG further tries to explain herself
#97 Lottie doesn't get BG's explanation
#98 Shasta points out why BG's explanation doesn't fit
#99 Noia votes BG for her Lottie vote and suspecting Eomer after laughing him off as crazy earlier.
#100 wilwa explains how she thinks BG's mistake could have happened
#102 BG doesn't get why nobody gets her explanation
#103 Lottie thinks wilwa's explanation doesn't make sense
#104 Zil votes BG (no reason given, but see his #77)
#105 Noia concurs with Lottie about wilwa's explanation
#106 Lottie replies to BG's #102, still doesn't get it
#107 Shasta explains why he's not satisfied with BG's explanation
#108 wilwa gets what BG's saying, votes sally (2), didn't count.

Reasons given for voting BG:
Izzy - mismatch between list and vote (#74), and that's it; her following posts just repeat the point.
Shasta - BG's reason for Lottie vote (#78) plus the mismatch (#83 and following).
Noia - BG's reason for Lottie vote, her flip-flopping about Eomer plus the mismatch (#99).
Zil - no reason given in vote post, but disapproved of BG's reason for Lottie vote earlier (#77).

Judging from the reasoning, Noia looks best, making the most points against BG, followed by Shasta, whereas Izzy merely jumped on BG's list/vote blunder, and Zil didn't fully explain himself at the time.

Judging from the chronology, it looks like Shasta and Noia picked up Izzy's vote and turned it into a full-fledged wagon, with Zil nailing the coffin (ejection pod, whatever) shut. But note that Shasta's vote x-ed with Izzy's, so he wasn't actually wagoning and looks better than Noia and Zil in that respect.

Sorry if that was a bit repetitive, but I had to get it straight for myself. Need to mull it over now and see how my impressions of everybody apart from their voting resonate with it.

EDIT: corrected typo.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #159
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Votes other than for BG:

#50 sally votes herself (not highlighted, didn't count). (For the record, winty, that post came right after my list in which I had her as trusted, and her only earlier post was typical sally early IC banter, so I had no reason to distrust her at the time.) With hindsight, obviously a morphish camouflage manœuver.

#53 Eomer votes Noia(not highlighted, didn't count):
Quote:
Just sort of showed up and left and didn't contribute anything other than demanding I cease my openly meaningless case against Blind Guardian. A bit easy, methinks.
OK, Noia apparently was busy in RL, but I agree about the 'bit easy' (see my #49 list).

#67 Lottie votes me for 'feeling off' = being Mr Agreeable. (How come I 'feel off' for that when I'm suspected for it in every other game?) Her preceding list had me under 'squeamish' and wilwa under 'most suspicious', but her attitude here looks confident and ready to defend her vote (which I'd like to see her do!), therefore rather innocentish.

#72 BG votes Lottie (see above).

#108 wilwa votes sally (2; after DL, didn't count), having earlier said that
Quote:
Sally's self vote is weird, but so sally-ish that it's not really all that suspicious.
Four people hadn't voted yet, but given the timing, I have to agree that it does look like a safe morph-on-morph.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #160
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:

I still don't understand that. In my opinion, this looks a lot like a wolf holding herself out of the incriminating bandwaggoning-against-someone-she-knew-to-be-innocent.

She actually said she didn't suspect Sally above. By this point it was pretty clear that BeiGe was going to die, so this was a pretty risk-free bit of wolf-on-wolf (if it was wolf-on-wolf).

Ok. YesterDay was so frustrating for me. I completely understood what BG was trying to say, I think she honestly put Lottie's name there by accident (the exclamation mark makes it so obvious, Lottie had put that there, why would BG? it was a copy-paste mistake). So I showed up, exhausted after 9 hours of work, and honestly didn't have too much to go on (it was a pretty slow day). BG did originally look suspicious until she explained her mistake then there was no way I was going to vote for her.

I didn't really have too many other options. No Sally wasn't really that suspicious, but she was moreso then anyone else from what I could see. If I had voted BG I would like a bandwagonner taking the safe way out. But I didn't, and now I look bad for happening to vote a wolf (uhm, hello? I voted the wolf, not the Seer). My goodness, no matter who I vote Day 1 I always look bad, I swear it's a conspiracy.

*breathes*

I just needed to vent all that. Now I have to go to Church. I'll be back later and have lots of time to participate.