Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #521
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

I'd say that you could jump in anytime but don't trust me because I am not the gamemaster. :-D
Old 04-22-2003, 09:42 PM   #522
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Iarbarion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thalionyulma:Just one question for right now, am I free to post or should I first post a character bio? Oh wait, make that two questions; should I create any sort of problems involving love or just leave the whole idea out?

Thanks,
Iarbarion
"I grudge you nothing that I have. Yet I desire that none shall dwell beyond my walls who know the way hither; and if I trust you, my sister, others I trust less to keep guard on their tongues." -Turgon to Aredhel
Old 04-22-2003, 09:46 PM   #523
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Eye

Thalionyulma:Sorry but one more question [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] should my character also somehow help the elves to escape or let them fend for themselves?

Sorry,
Iarbarion
"I grudge you nothing that I have. Yet I desire that none shall dwell beyond my walls who know the way hither; and if I trust you, my sister, others I trust less to keep guard on their tongues." -Turgon to Aredhel
Old 04-23-2003, 04:34 AM   #524
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Silmaril

I think it does make sense that you show us a bio and forst post Iarb, so we can easily tell where you are going. I dont really have a problem with a love triangle, but its not my place to say really.

*bows to Thali Game Master and cantankerous dark Elf* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'll try to move the party along, and get them closer to the captives???

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 04-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #525
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Taralphiel: Thank you for the advice, I have a bio in the works and will await the final word from Thali before I post it.

Thanks,
Iarbarion [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #526
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey There Folks!

Sorry for the delay in replying to your inquiries!

Iarbarion, like Tara said show your bio.. I’m actually looking forward in getting your character in the story. Regarding on whether you’ll help them escape or not… remember you may find yourself out numbered (unless you can talk it over with the group you plan to join in and plan how to outwit the orcs holding them captive). About the subplot between whatever will happen between you and another character (love angles, and so forth) – I leave that to you guys. Just keep to the story! Its more fun when we see it start to develop along the story, and I dislike dictating too much on how it should be done. I’ve given the story plot/quest… just use that as your guide. I’m not strict [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , so don’t worry, I like players who have plenty of writing imagination! (even the wild ones!) PM me if you really need help, big time, else I think Amaryllis or Gaya can help you.

GreatWarg/Khelek, awww… you mean I don’t inspire you no more??? After what we’ve been through? *snickersnicker* Okay, okay, I know what you mean… but after becoming the gameowner/master things have gone crazy IRL. Hey, even I got to find inspiration as well! … WHADDYA MEAN WHAT’S THE QUEST????? Aww, you silly pup… you’re just waiting for Anarya! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Anarya, Just kidding.. see? I'm grinning (but we all do miss ya!)
Old 04-24-2003, 03:49 PM   #527
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Ring

Alright, here's my bio:

Name: Laryelion

Race: Elf

Weapons: A Lothlorien longbow (about half the size of his body) and a small dagger that he keeps across his back.

Appearence: Very tall (about 6'2") About average weight (near 200 lbs.) Extremely bright, green eyes and blonde hair (almost white.) Wears an elven cloak and brooch.

Personality/Strengths/Weaknesses: Very brave and helpful when a creature is in trouble. Suspicious at first, but after a while he is extremely friendly. Will help almost any creature that is not evil such as dwarves, men, elves, etc.

History: Has grown up like any normal elf. Both his parents loved him and helped him through the hard times. They now live in Lothlorien. His grandparents all still live in Lothlorien except for his Mother's father who was killed by Uruk-hai.

OK well I hope this is alright with you guys. Please post if you want me to change anything. THALI:If this is alright with you am I free to post?

Thanks,
Iarbarion

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Iarbarion ]
Old 04-29-2003, 07:54 PM   #528
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

That bio sounds really good Iarb. Whats your final decision on where you'll end up? In the end the decsion to let you post is up to Thali, but I reckon youre very much welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Someone post please *pouts* Taralphiel will get herself lost very soon... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 04-29-2003, 08:18 PM   #529
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Tara, thanks for thinking my bio was good. I'm waiting impatiently like always for Thali to post....

Iarb
Old 05-01-2003, 08:00 AM   #530
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Iarbarion
Sorry for the delay in replying... I am currently undergoing difficulties with my connection. Actually, I can't seem to log into BD and answer/post anything! This was my upteenth time in several days...
Your bio looks pretty good... but I have a question. What would an elf of Lothlorien be doing in the northern woods of Mirkwood? The elves of Lorien have always kept to their border... do you have a mission of sorts, or business to be in Mirkwood? Remember, Thranduil, since the Battle of the Last Alliance hardly kept in touch with his kin in Lorien or Rivendell.

Perhaps you could sort of add a subplot/sub-story to the why [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . This doesn't mean I'm rejecting your character... blend him to the story as you like, but its got to be "realistic". Remember the Elves of the Greenwood are rustic... so your bow is okay, as long as there are no magical weapons that could make you out of place.

I await your post! And Laryelion is most welcome!

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 05-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #531
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Thali, Laryelion is in Mirkwood because he was tracking the Uruk-hai who killed his grandfather. He tracked them with a small company and lost them in Mirkwood. He has yet to venture back.

Well, I'm assuming that I'm free to post so I'll get on that in a little bit.

Iarb
Old 05-04-2003, 08:49 AM   #532
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Okay Folks!

I got in!!!! Okay… next time I’m posting more.

Gaya’s Group, I’ll let Iarbarion’s character drop in before I post more of Rinurion… unless I start getting impatient of course!

Iarbarion, welcome then! Perhaps you can incorporate your explanation of why an elf of Lothlorien has come to Mirkwood. But sheeesh, I hope your tale of hunting orcs is not like the Dark Elf's Tale! Perhaps you can say that, by chance you were told by the Lady Galadriel to send a message to Thranduil or was given a mission to spy on what’s happening in the southern part of Mirkwood? Anyway… its your character.

Show us your stuff! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 05-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #533
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I posted my first post for Laryelion, if something doesn't make sense let me know and I'll change it. Hope my post is good.

Iarb
Old 05-09-2003, 03:33 PM   #534
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I added a post for Laryelion in which he frees one of the captives. Will somebody please take this position and be the freed captive? I hope my post makes sense.

Iarb
Old 05-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #535
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

There is a new rule from the Barrow Wight:

Quote:
All profiles are now limited to storing no more than 10 Private Messages (PMs). If you currently have more than 10 in your profile, people will not be able to send you new PMs. To receive new PMS, you must have 10 or less stored in your profile.

This was done because PM traffic was accounting for almost as much as public traffic.
We cannot contact you if you do not clear out your PM's.

Thanks! Pio
Old 05-13-2003, 09:08 PM   #536
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Iar,
your post looks just fine! I'll try to have Rinurion join in as soon as I can... if the others don't get into the fray first. Am kind of busy, actually on my break now... I'll try to post alot more this weekend.

Okay folks, PLEASE KEEP POSTING!!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #537
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I wanna add more for Laryelion but i need some other people to POST!

PLEASE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iarb
Old 05-15-2003, 05:22 AM   #538
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Iarbarion,
Okay I've left my post "open" for you and Amaryllis to come in anytime. Have fun!!! I'll try to post more in a day or two!

Gaya,
you can jump in anytime you know! I don't know what will happen to Daegon and Rinurion's "confrontation". Maybe the kitchen elf maiden will do something? Maybe the new elf will prevent Rinurion from actually doing something violent? Who knows? It'll depend on you! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Sauche,
I don't know if you're still with us or what... hope you post in soon!

Quote:
For the other posts I owe... I'll do the rest this weekend. I promise! Its kind of hectic now... since I'm going through training.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #539
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Thali: i left open a space for you to control the conversation between Laryelion and Rinurion (I think that's who was cut free.) Feel free to have Laryelion say what you like.

Iarb
Old 05-16-2003, 01:15 AM   #540
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Notice to all players: FINAL END DATE

The game had originally contracted to finish in 3 months - I had that figured out from about the 03/09 date when Thali was able to start posting on a regular basis.

This means that it is scheduled to end the first week in June. However, I have been following along on the posting and it looks as if the end goal is not yet in sight:

Quote:
When the mystery of Dol Guldor has been revealed and Thranduil has been told of the real danger to his kingdom shall the story end.
So, I am going to extend the closing date until Sunday; 6/22 - midnight, east coast time. The goal must be reached by then, as I will be closing the Game at that point. On 06/23 I will move it to Elvenhome.

Do what you need to do to get the storyline there.

Do keep to this proposed end date.

I don't know if you have read the Barrow Wight's topic in the Barrow Downs about the expenses for this site - but, RPG's represent a certain amount of band width (that is, we take up a certain amount of the Barrow Down's network capacity to transmit data) and extra bandwidth, extra capacity, costs extra money.

So, I am going to start holding people more tightly to their agreed on end dates - the number of new games we can put on for play will become more dependent on closing down games in a timely manner.

Thanks! ~~ Pio

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-16-2003, 01:20 AM   #541
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Katt b has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello I would like to join your game my name is Waenturwean (waen)I'm an elven female who has the desire to fight.I can give a better description when needed also her background.Please let me know if your interested.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #542
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Katt, PM (private message) Thalionyulma if you wish to join. She is the game manager. I don't know if there is room for another character but talk to Thali. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Iarb
Old 05-17-2003, 09:29 PM   #543
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okies, looks like we need to get a move on! *giggles*

Erm...has anyone spoken to GW or Anarya? We really need them to finish this off, unless we just play their chars...

And thats just Rudh and co *thinks* Do we want to start PM'ing these people??
Old 05-18-2003, 01:04 AM   #544
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Since you only have 5 weeks left to finish this game (It is closing 06/22), I would suggest you pick up their characters.

Rules in the Shire for RPG's (Found in the Red Book of Westmarch topic) state that:

Quote:
5.) . . .Any character that goes missing for an extended period of time can be "killed off" or "lost" and will be out of the game. In the alternative, someone else can take over your character if need be until you get back.
Please do use the other characters if they are necessary to get this game to a satisfying conclusion.

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 05-20-2003, 09:32 PM   #545
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Thali:I made it free for you to control the conversation between Laryelion and Rinurion. So I need you to post before I can do anything. Please post soon! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Iarb
Old 05-21-2003, 01:33 AM   #546
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Thanks for that Pio!

*thinks hard* well I do not think killing off certain characters would make sense at this point of the plot

Thali:What do you think?? Im working on the list of AWAL chars

Anarya
Khelek
Morno
Sauche
Tinuiel
Mayla Took
(and thats going a ways back...)

We should have a concensus about what to do with them...

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-22-2003, 09:56 PM   #547
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Tara, I think we should kill off some of the characters and each take one to play because that looks like quite a few characters. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM   #548
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

*nods* that does seem logical. However, with characters such as Mayla Took I am not so sure. There are also one or two posts of dwarves on the first and second pages if my skimming is correct, and they have completely been lost in the game!

If this is supposed to be readable fan-fiction, then these posts have to be removed.... Piosenniel, what do we do here??? Should we PM the respective authors to tell them?

I decided now is the time to merge the Taralphiel of Old withTaralphiel the New

Let me know what you think [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-23-2003, 12:21 AM   #549
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Which of those players' character's is essential to the story at this moment?

Leave the others behind and use the characters that you need.

I already, when this game was moved to the Shire, PM'd all the players. There is no need to PM them again. They can simply read the Discussion Thread if they are at all interested, and see what has happened with their character.

Since you few seem to be the only ones interested: Use the other characters to bring this Game to a satisfying end.

If, by 6/22, the game is not finished (has not reached an end goal) then both the discussion thread snd the game will be deleted.

If you can bring the story to some sort of close, they we can save it in Elvenhome.

~~ Pio
Old 05-23-2003, 12:26 AM   #550
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

This was the Game's end goal:

Quote:
When the mystery of Dol Guldor has been revealed and Thranduil has been told of the real danger to his kingdom shall the story end.
How close are you to accomplishing this?
Old 05-24-2003, 04:59 AM   #551
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Folks of Mirkwood,

Sorry for the (one?) week absence... been crazy with the training and tech exams. I'm getting a breather for the moment (luckily, the company let's us use the PCs at the employees' lounge for relaxing, but no chatting), I just finished another exam today... and another is coming up in 5 days. Wish me luck! (Man... do I really need it!) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2003, 05:32 AM   #552
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

*huggles* good luck Thaliness!!!

Pio:Thali's party is currently outside Dol Goldur. Gaya's party doesnt seem to be too far off. It seems that its not going to be too much longer, but Thali knows better the exact time.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:03 AM   #553
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Okay... got to make this quick... my break is almost up!

Quote:
How close are you to accomplishing this?
Pio, Mirkwood Folks

I'll be posting alot more, specially on the villains (which is long over due)... and cameo characters will be appearing (as necassary for the story/plot). The storyline with Morno and Tinuiel needs to get a move on too... I'll get to that and "weave" it into the storyline.

...and Pio's right... no need to PM the others. They've been PM'ed several times. I've done this too. It may come necessary that some characters do die as the story comes near to revealing Dol Guldur's secret. I just need time to figure out who, why and how.

They won't just die... it'll have to have a reason...
Old 05-24-2003, 06:20 AM   #554
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

okies, but what do we do about teh hobbits and the Dwarves? they only posted once or twice, and no more?
Old 05-24-2003, 06:55 PM   #555
Iarbarion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Who is the dark elf?
Old 05-27-2003, 03:38 AM   #556
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

The Dark Elf is Rudhchamion *nods*

Erm.....posts?????
Old 06-04-2003, 06:35 PM   #557
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay....
Our deadline is almost up, so here is what Im going to do. I'll be taking over Anarya's posts until/unless she comes back, so her character does not get left behind. Anyone volunteer to step in for Khelek??

Oh, and Ive decided that since were nearing the end, I might try to throw Muru into the mix! *giggles* If there are any problems with any of this, let me know and I'll edit/delete the post.

Im posting now, so please lets try to finish this properly, so all out efforts are paid off!

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 06-04-2003, 08:16 PM   #558
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Thank you, Tarlaphiel, for stepping in.

I have officially scheduled the close for this RPG on Sunday 06/22, midnight, Pacific Daylight Time.

~~ Pio
Old 06-08-2003, 02:33 AM   #559
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Your 2 week deadline is now upon you.

Can you please try to get the game to it's closing goal:

Quote:
I will be closing the Game on 6/22, Sunday, midnight, Pacific Daylight Time.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:18 AM   #560
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
We have had a request to revive this game. It will be closed until further arrangements can be nailed down.

~Child