The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #521
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Eye

"I don't believe this." The spy, head in hands, rocked gently back and forth in the lonely corner to which the two had repaired once night had fallen on the Palace. "These slaves of evil are springing up like weeds! First Nogrod taken from us, now Boro. My heart forebodes that the end will be dark for us."

"Think not of the end," said the other, laying a hand on the daunted one's shoulder. "We must break the back of this unholy alliance between Harad and Mordor! That is all. Come."

"You are right," said the first, looking up. "What matters it if we die– even by the cruelest tortures these Southrons can devise. For Gondor!"

"For Gondor!"

Resolved afresh, the two set out down the corridor on their mission of death-dealing. But they had not gone very far when they found themselves walking slower and slower. It was as if the very air around them became gradually more dense, weighing down on them until they were unable to move a step.

Somewhere in the darkness, there was a ripple of mocking laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living
Sally –Messenger girl.
Shasta –Particularly attentive guard-lieutenant.
Pomegranate –Entertainer.
A Little Green –The Empress's favourite snake-charmer.
Pitchwife –Captain in the "Provisional Royal Númenórean Navy" and emissary of Angamaitë IX, Lord of Umbar.
Lottie –Accident-prone sorcerer's apprentice.
Inziladun –Minister of the Treasury.
Lommy! –Court physician.

Dead
The Empress of Harad. Mod. –assassinated in her sleep.
Bom Tombadillo –Greatly afflicted beggar. Ordo. –multiple stab wounds.
Eruhen –Court eunuch. Ordo. –burned to death on the Empress's funeral pyre.
Rikae –Empress's handmaiden. Royal Executioner. –garotted with own wire.
Nogrod –Camel and coffee trader. Spy. –poisoned with own merchandise.
Galadriel55 –Professional assassin. Captain of the Guard. –neck broken in stairwell fight.
Legate of Amon Lanc –Legate of Khand. Ordo. –crushed to death by an enormous waggon.
Steve –Court Jester (from Umbar). Envoy of Morder. –sliced up by the spies on Night Four.
Boromir88 –Wealthy mûmak breeder. Spy. Trampled by own mûmakil.

Day Five has begun. Nobody died.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #522
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm confused.

Lommy, do you know something about this? Did you manage to dream? I said I'd reevaluate you if you wouldn't die during the Night, but I obviously didn't expect this. It would seem that we've got some cool magical powers on our side (or, well, if we count Eru's death as caused by something unnatural, then perhaps not completely on our side but affecting things around us anyway) - if it's not Lommy, then what is it? Empress's ghost?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #523
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
They didn't forget to send in the kill, did they?

At any rate, this is nothing but a great opportunity for the village. I know who my top Spy-suspicions are at the moment, and I'm very interested to see what else develops.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #524
Pomegranate
Wight

The narration does indeed start with some kind of suggestion that they would've just forgotten the name. However, the end doesn't seem to suggest that, it would seem that there's something going on which isn't caused by them.

I'll have to go to a flat viewing soon, but I'll be trying to do some analysing of at least Pitch-Boro-Nog-rest of us and Lottie-Boro-Nog-rest of us-combinations toDay.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #525
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, Lommy should have gotten another dream last Night. Even if her target was different than she intended, that's still significant.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #526
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

As I said yesterDay, I don't think someone casting suspicion on our known Spies is necessarily a sign of innocence. It looks to me as if pretty much everyone left has had some interactions with them. That said, I wanted to look at any noteworthy things people said about Boro or Nog, independent of Seer-info or whatnot. I'll try to get to everyone at some point (except Lommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I meant to start this post by asking if there was something I missed that would explain the three rants about the evil of random votes, but since I don't seem to be the only baffled one, I gather there wasn't. Not sure if it means anything, it probably doesn't, but that conversation seems both uncalled-for and overdone.

I'm starting to notice a rather odd pattern concerning people's attitudes towards the back-and-forth between Legate and Zil. Looking at eg. the following quotes:

What strikes me is that everyone of them is doing more or less what Pitch here describes - himself included! That is, keeping the Zil-Legate-issue in the spotlight while at the same time implying that it isn't really relevant, or that both two look innocent. I don't know if I have anything here, but it stood out to me.
One of the people she describes as doing that was Boro.

Quote:
Eonwe looks sharp (me likey) and Boro slightly fishy. The latter is part gut-feeling (he seems too laid-back and nice, somehow - I mean, he's always nice, but this time it seems more conscious, sort of) and part because of the way he reacted to my previous post. He neatly downplays his own part in the pattern I wrote about by calling the whole thing shrewd observation and saying he won't vote me today. That was a really sketchy way to explain it, but I'm dead on my feet and need a bed.
Ok, so some rather specific suspicion on Boro, Day 1.

Quote:
Agh. Going with the only feeble lead I have -

++ Boro

I'd love to stay and read and discuss and most of all think, and do something a bit smarter than this, but unfortunately I've got to go. I'll be more active toMorrow, I promise. Good Night!
And a vote for Boro. The first vote of the Day. Since she didn't know what was going to happen after she left, this might seem reckless if she was his packmate. Then again, he didn't seem to be in any serious danger of being lynched at that time. Mostly people were talking about me and Legate.

Quote:
Err- what? Not entirely sure I get this point, or rather, I get the point all right but didn't get the framework. Anyhow, yes, if someone started it, I'd say it was Shasta, regardless of that Nogrod suggested it first. I know Shasta is brilliant as a wolf and I wouldn't put something like this past him, but nothing really points that way in my opinion. Unless he and Lommy are in cahoots, but I've not seen anything that would really support that, either. I'm more curious about Eonwe.
Here she defends Nog against a claim that he started the Bom-wagon. At that time Steve had not revealed, obviously.

Quote:
Boro - As others (himself included) have pointed out, he has seemed more himself toDay so I'm, if not letting him completely off the hook, then at least not concentrating on him.

Nogrod - Someone (was it Shasta?) had an interesting point about him defending Gal. Also and more importantly, I agree with Boro that he's been more reluctant to take the lead than usual - reminds me a bit of a certain RL game where he almost won as a wolf by basically letting us lynch each other while he smirked a bit and poked us to the direction he wished. At the same time, though, he's giving me good vibes (which in itself probably means he's evil since I always suspect him when he's not.
Thinks Boro looks better at that point (Day 2), and agrees with Boro's suspicion about Nog. I'd think it risky, if I were Greenie, to link myself to both of them in that way.

Quote:
Legate more or less said what I meant to say. I'm really not comfortable with Eonwe's jump on Nog. I'm not sure about Nog myself, but the way Eonwe is painting him black without pausing to consider the alternative is alarming.
Agrees with Legate about Steve's attack on Nog (pre-reveal) looking bad.

Quote:
Right -

++ Eonwe

He was one of the ones I was least comfortable with, and that jump on Nog settled it.
And votes for Steve based on said attack. If Greenie was a packmate, this would be a natural move, I think, since Steve's case against Nog would certainly have raised eyebrows, and they would have loved to have gotten him lynched. Indeed, that could have happened had he not revealed.

Quote:
I remember thinking yesterDay that Nog's wolvery makes Boro look shinier; don't remember what that referred to but I'm sure I'll find it.
I don't remember if she ever said what that reason was, but this is a interesting quote.

Quote:
Boro - Half the time, I'm convinced he's evil; the other half, I'm convinced he's innocent. I still seem to recall something about Nog's wolvery making him look good, but I've no idea what that was! And, sadly, no time to check.
And another reference to what she'd said above, with still no elaboration.

Hmm. At times it looks like she's acting reckless if she were a mate of Nog and Boro, and at times I could see it as plausible.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #527
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Dark-Eye Popping in very quickly...

Sally is innocent.

I'll be back later when I have managed to get some schoolwork done.

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
I'll have to go to a flat viewing soon, but I'll be trying to do some analysing of at least Pitch-Boro-Nog-rest of us and Lottie-Boro-Nog-rest of us-combinations toDay.
Why these combinations exactly?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #528
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I think Lommy's post is understandable - it was at the very beginning of the Day and it was more useful than banter, which was the other option at that point. But just because Legate and Nog are typically wordy doesn't mean Legate had to elaborate on that to such great extent, and it definitely doesn't mean Nog has to post the exact same thing as Legate already has.
Some minor suspicion on Nog, lumping him in with Legate.

Quote:
Then why isn't it? I wouldn't have even noticed it if it were said every game. It would just be normal. Part of the reason it's so odd-looking is that it is, in fact, abnormal. Just because it 'needs to be said', according to you (which I disagree with, by the way - if a bunch of people post giant blocks of angry text about not randomly voting every game, no one will read them after the first few times. It will cease to have any meaning whatsoever) does not mean I am forbidden to comment on it when, for the first time in my memory, not just one but three people post about it.

No. I disagree. Now, I'm not a linguistics and philosophy of language expert, but I do know from experience that just because you say something loud enough doesn't make it happen. Yes, if everyone here posted and said that, no one would random vote, but that's just because everyone would have to agree to post. As it is, clearly some people don't agree, because people do random vote. Ranting loudly won't make them change their minds. It'll just make people skim your posts because your rants are obnoxious.

People like Bom and Sally are basically expected to post little to nothing of substance on Day One. You and Legate are not. When people do what I'm not used to them doing, I pay attention more than when they do what I am used to them doing.

But I had noticed it. I just hadn't posted about it yet. When Rikae asked, I figured I might as well flesh out my concern about the post.
All this was in response to Nog.

Quote:
First, eeeeeeeeeeeevil. Second, when I saw Legate comment on this just a couple posts afterwards, he jumped at least one category of 'suspicion' - meaning, from 'unsure', he breezed straight up to 'feeling fairly good about' in one post.
This is pretty much in line with Greenie, suspecting Steve because of the way he jumped on Nog.

Quote:
But...but in this case, that would be stupid. Sorry, but it would. Assuming Steve gives us the name of Nogwolf toDay, the Ranger protects him toNight. Then he gives us the names of his other two dreams toMorrow. Assuming Steve tells all toDay, the Ranger has to choose which to protect, Steve or the ordo, and may get it wrong and cost us a known innocent a Night early.

Also, I trust the reveal enough to go ahead with a Nog-lynch, so:

++Nog
Votes for Nog after Steve's reveal.

Quote:
Obviously Steve is innocent, but Lommy, Sally, and Nate also seem pretty good to me, and I'm leaning innocent on Boro, Shasta, and Zil (though hardly definitively yet!). I have no read whatsoever on Greenie, and if there's anyone else playing, I've gotten so little a read on them that I've forgotten them entirely.

Obviously, this means that one of the people in my second category are evil. For now I'm thinking it'd be more likely to be Boro and Shasta - I'm more confident about the first three I mentioned, and Zil and Greenie, for some reason, don't strike me as all that evil this game (of course, they also don't strike me as all that innocent, but that's why they're in the categories they're in).
The mild suspicion on Boro seems unnecessary for a mate of his.

Quote:
I'd be willing to consider the option of a Legate-Shasta-?Pitch? pack, at any rate.
But here she has Shasta as a likelier Spy than Boro, apparently.

Quote:
This post of Boro's makes me think that not only would Pom and Nog, as Lommy said, be likely packmates, but so would Pom and Boro. In that post, Boro's basically writing Pom off as innocent, and implying that an evil Pom would happen in the future - that is, not this game.
To put Boro with Nog seems pretty risky if she was a mate of theirs.

Based on all this, I think Lottie is one of the less likely Spies.

x/d with Lommy
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #529
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
G55's outburst against Rikae feels pretty genuine to me, and I don't quite get what Boro thinks was so over-the-top about it - I mean, if she had the impression that Rikae was trying to suggest Lottie suspect her, being outraged is an understandable reaction; and as Rikae's post looks just like that on the surface, who's to blame her. (Only, knowing Rikae a bit, that would have been remarkably unsubtle.)

That's actually a good point. Wolves usually love discussing rules and technicalities rather than discussing people, they're great for talking a lot without saying much.

Legate, one thing I'd like to be clear about - if, as you say, you weren't accusing Zil when all this started, are you accusing him now or is your insistence merely scientific interest in his thought processes?

You want to read up on the Corsairs of Umbar. We're the only pure Gondorians left - that rabble up north are just mudbloods.

Isn't it?

How would you describe what's going on here?
There's some small questioning of Boro about the row between G55 and Rikae. He also responds to Nog.

Quote:
No, what Lottie is saying is that Zil's post that followed hers didn't have anything to do with her poke/attack/whateveryouwannacallit, unlike Lommy had supposed.
FWIW, I was mildly annoyed by Lottie's failure to get my sarcasm, but I didn't think of it as an "attack" until Lommy, ironically, blew it up into one.

In which way would you say has Lottie acted like a bold wolf? I fail to see where she's done anything particularly bold yet.
Both those were responses to Nog.

Quote:
It's not like I can't empathize to some degree with being annoyed by Bom and wanting to set an example, but what exactly was that supposed to accomplish? I mean, you said it yourselves:

and

and you still decide he's the best lynch choice? After ranting at such length against random votes? How was picking Bom any better?

Yes, I know, lynch a submarine on D1 if there's no better choice, and if it has to be done, better now than later, but after all of yesterDay's controversy, was there really no better choice?

Or was there a wolf getting heat who had to be saved?

That's actually a good find.

No, your vote list is confused there; Eönwë's vote was the fourth for Bom and came before Nog's.
He responds to Nog some more, and says Pom had a "good find" in noting that Nog, not Shasta, originated the ideal of the Bom-lynch.

Quote:
Because it does make a difference whether Shasta started the whole thing by himself or took the lead from you, doesn't it? Pom says it better than I can.
Again a response to Nog.

Quote:
Try to make up your mind whether I'm being "wise with hindsight", as you said earlier, or had wolvish knowledge in advance, will you? And if you think the latter, then say it instead of just throwing insinuating coughs my way.
And again.

Quote:
My personal guess would be that the first of your Rupert Murdoch scenarios (love you for that btw) is true and it's Boro, or I don't see why she would have said that thing about wabbits and coyotes at all.

Tell - of course not, hint - all I can say is there've been precedences (IIRC G55 did it just a few games ago). It's rare, and even rarer that the village picks up the hint, but not as unheard of as you paint it here.

Anyway, it's bedtime, but I should be back an hour or two before DL. See you.
After all the "questioning" he did on Nog, and their back-and-forth, it seems odd that he didn't really suspect him more. All of that could easily have been wolf-on-wolf.

And Pitch apparently forgot all about Boro.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #530
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Still looking, Inzil?

Here. Let me help you out.

++Shasta

With three known innocents in a group of seven, a second, unkillable Seer, and double lynches allowed, there is no mathematical way for us to win.

Game over.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #531
Pomegranate
Wight

Lommy: Because I suspected Lottie already yesterDay, and when I looked through Boro's posts I felt his suspicion for Pitch was very crafted. Apparently I was wrong on at least one, though, looking at Shasta's last post.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #532
Pomegranate
Wight

Shasta: I sense some frustration in the air :P I can understand that, though. We haven't lynched a single wolf without the help of a Seer. That is somewhat sad.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #533
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Shasta: I sense some frustration in the air :P I can understand that, though. We haven't lynched a single wolf without the help of a Seer. That is somewhat sad.
Well, when you hit a Gifted every night and still end up in a situation like this...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 02-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #534
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Still looking, Inzil?

Here. Let me help you out.

++Shasta

With three known innocents in a group of seven, a second, unkillable Seer, and double lynches allowed, there is no mathematical way for us to win.

Game over.
How do you know what happened last Night? It might have been a one-time thing.

Granted, you were still high on my suspicion list anyway, but still....
Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #535
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
How do you know what happened last Night? It might have been a one-time thing.
Because that makes it so much better for us.

Quote:
Granted, you were still high on my suspicion list anyway, but still....
Oh, dear, I'm sorry. Did I ruin your fun? Would you like an accolade?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #536
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Because that makes it so much better for us.
Well, if it was a singular event, there was still hope for you.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #537
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'd been entertaining the possibility that Lommy was possibly evil in some crazy way since she didn't die last Night, but I couldn't make any headway with the thought.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #538
Pomegranate
Wight

To be honest, I agree with Inzil. You have been giving up way too easy recently. I'm sure I would have at least considered whatever theory Boro could've come up with yesterDay, had he not given up, and probably again today, at least to some degree, because Lommy didn't die.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #539
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Well, if it was a singular event, there was still hope for you.
No. There wasn't. All you have to do is double lynch from the group of 5 unconfirmed players until you win. Not exactly a difficult task. And we don't have the time to stop you. And you can both just stop with the patronization.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #540
Pomegranate
Wight

No! Because I was prepared to do analyses at least for an hour or so to procrastinate before essay-writing, and since I can't do that now, and still don't have the inspiration for essay-writing, I had to create something else to do. Like patronizing.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #541
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Assuming Shasta is a Spy, and I see no other explanation, my first guess for his packmate would be Pitch.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #542
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
No. There wasn't. All you have to do is double lynch from the group of 5 unconfirmed players until you win. Not exactly a difficult task. And we don't have the time to stop you. And you can both just stop with the patronization.
Fine. I'm not going to argue about it with you. I was only saying that I still had some reason for doubt in the issue.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #543
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Shasta - a hug. I know it probably won't help much, but you'll get one anyway.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #544
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Assuming Shasta is a Spy, and I see no other explanation, my first guess for his packmate would be Pitch.
I'd want to keep the option of Pom open. I agree that Pitch has been acting suspicious for a while, and I've noticed that before, but I also think Pom reacted extremely jumpily to suspicion yesterDay, and though she claims Boro was trying to set her up with the connection between Boro and Pom, I don't see Boro picking her, of all people, to set up like that.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #545
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shasta,

... ... ...

I'm sorry you feel frustrated, and I'm sorry you gave up. I'm sad if this game ends this way, even if it means village/acolyte victory. I'd choose a game where everyone has fun over a game I win, anytime.

Anyway, although it's late for you, I have to disagree with your pessimism: I wish I was unkillable since I need to survive until the end in order to win, but I'm not. In fact if you want to know, the original rule was that the acolyte cannot be Night-killed* but to keep the balance, Nerwen changed it into that it is difficult to Night-kill the acolyte.

Also, yesterDay, I was really positively surprised how everybody has believed me and my goodwill - Boro included. This game could have gone so differently, in so many ways. I could have chosen to side with you baddies, and you'd likely have won already. (Not because of my help, of course, but because of lack of opposition.) I could have chosen not to risk my neck and just try to get Boro lynched without revealing, and then chosen my side at the end of the Day based on whether we were going to lynch Boro (my known wolf) or someone else. (Yes, to be honest, I was very tempted to do that until it turned out most of the villagers think the acolyte is good.) The village could have suspected my sincerity. Boro could have kept fighting and in the worst case you guys would have got me lynched (I would have lost, and the village wouldn't have got a dream toDay). Even toDay, anyone could have made a case against me (that I'm some sort of shady figure operating on my own) and got people to believe it. And so many other things.

My kudos for you wolves (you Shasta, dead Nog and Boro, and whoever is still hiding out there) for the gifted-slaughter and bold wolf-on-wolf. You have played well. I think you still had a realistic chance of winning.

When I made my choice yesterDay** I thought you had such an upper hand that siding with the village would be fairer and make the game more even. Seems like the contrary happened - obviously I didn't mean to kill the game for you. I definitely didn't expect stuff to turn out so well for the village or that the wolves would be so demoralised. (Maybe I'm over-emphasising my own importance and actions, but obviously that's the easiest perspective for me to take.)

However this is not an apology, and I hope it doesn't sound like an accusation either. My only regret is that I didn't try dreaming you, Shasta, last Night, like I originally intended. On hindsight, it would have been nicer to everybody. If you want to know, I ironically decided against it because after rereading yesterDay, I thought you looked pretty good.

* I heard I may get an opportunity to switch sides if I want. I was assuming this would happen if the wolves attacked me, but I wasn't asked anything last Night.

** Yes, technically I lied when I said I already had made my choice when I revealed. The deadline for the decision was the end of yesterDay, not the Night before. Anyway making the reveal was basically siding with the village - I would have been pretty darn stupid/heroic if I had PMed Nerwen I'm siding with the wolves after that.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 02-29-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: xed with Lottie
Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #546
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I'd want to keep the option of Pom open. I agree that Pitch has been acting suspicious for a while, and I've noticed that before, but I also think Pom reacted extremely jumpily to suspicion yesterDay, and though she claims Boro was trying to set her up with the connection between Boro and Pom, I don't see Boro picking her, of all people, to set up like that.
I hadn't forgotten Pom, but I haven't had a chance to look at her like I did the others yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I could have chosen not to risk my neck and just try to get Boro lynched without revealing, and then chosen my side at the end of the Day based on whether we were going to lynch Boro (my known wolf) or someone else. (Yes, to be honest, I was very tempted to do that until it turned out most of the villagers think the acolyte is good.) The village could have suspected my sincerity. Boro could have kept fighting and in the worst case you guys would have got me lynched (I would have lost, and the village wouldn't have got a dream toDay). Even toDay, anyone could have made a case against me (that I'm some sort of shady figure operating on my own) and got people to believe it. And so many other things.
For my part, I trusted you based on my original argument regarding the Acolyte: a known evil (wolves) is more of a threat than an unknown quantity. I saw no reason an innocent Boro would have rolled over like that, and so went along with your claim.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #547
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Lommy, when you revealed yesterday, there was no chance that anyone would believe Boro over you even if he had fought back. Go look at people's reactions yesterday if you don't believe me. And after Boro was lynched you were guaranteed to be cleared innocent - even if I had done some type of counterclaim toDay and by some miracle been believed, and you'd been lynched, we would be in nearly the exact same situation tomorrow, with Sally clear and myself a revealed wolf. Once the Seer was replaced with a self-protecting Seer that could still dream, the wolves were just done.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #548
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Turns out everything went quicker today than I thought, and I come back to find - this?

Oh boy. I'm sure She Who Pulls the Strings didn't mean any of this to happen, and I'm sorry for doing this to her, but my last comrade shall not die alone.

*takes his place next to Shasta*

++Pitch

Do your worst, minions of Mordor!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #549
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Awww, Pitch.

I hope it makes you happier to know that when the Day started, there were two people I was almost certain were NOT wolves: you and Greenie.

Risking being disrespectful in your tragic moment - I have to ask now that I know who you all are - was your strategy to be as much wolf-on-wolf as possible without outright trying to get each other killed? It worked really nicely.

~*~

I used the word of tragic a little jokingly up there, but it actually is (italics for Zil!) a tragic end to a very good game. I enjoyed it very much, even though I was very confused most of the time: the person whose guilt I was the most certain about was the ranger, and I only suspected one wolf seriously in the course of the whole game. I think I've got rusty and I need to play more ww in the near future!

Thanks for the game, everybody, and Nerwen especially. The end might be in sort of minor key, but let's not forget all the great stuff before that (especially my specific favourite, half of the village's fixation that Inzil was the acolyte. I still don't get where that came from! )
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #550
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Now Inzil's going to be even more insufferable.

Sorry, Pitch, but any and all fight completely went out of me once I saw the morning's narration.

Oh well. At least Nerwen has an inkling of which way she wants to go for the final narration, now - perhaps the two remaining loyal servants of Gondor, faced with no way out, heroically take their own lives rather than fall prey to the evil minions of Harad and Mordor?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #551
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
'Tis about time this ends anyway. This land's been a nightmare - the dry heat's ruined my complexion, the local cuisine gives me diarrhea, and the coffee - no offence to Nogrod's shade, but there's a reason I'm a tea drinker.

Quote:
Risking being disrespectful in your tragic moment - I have to ask now that I know who you all are - was your strategy to be as much wolf-on-wolf as possible without outright trying to get each other killed?
*shrugs* Wolf-on-wolf comes naturally to me; it's getting innocents lynched that's the hard part... and when I try, they have a nasty tendency to reveal as the Seer. *coughEönwëcaugh*

Quote:
Thanks for the game, everybody, and Nerwen especially. The end might be in sort of minor key, but let's not forget all the great stuff before that (especially my specific favourite, half of the village's fixation that Inzil was the acolyte. I still don't get where that came from! )
I got it from Rikae.

Yes, it was a good game and fun while it lasted, especially wolfing together with three outstanding packmates. And I'm actually pretty sure Nerwen never intended to throw an unkillable Seer at us and there would have been some chance to kill you next Night, but after Shasta's surrender I don't find it in me to go on alone.

It's not an altogether unfitting end though. After all, this grace was given to the Men of Westernesse, to lay down their lives of their own free will while still hale in mind and body, etc.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #552
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, now I feel like a heel.

Boro agrees with me, though, for what it's worth.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #553
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Let's not forget to do the double-lynch and end this properly.

Quote:
Turns out everything went quicker today than I thought, and I come back to find - this?

Oh boy. I'm sure She Who Pulls the Strings didn't mean any of this to happen, and I'm sorry for doing this to her, but my last comrade shall not die alone.

*takes his place next to Shasta*

++Pitch

Do your worst, minions of Mordor!
I was right? Incredible.

Quote:
The end might be in sort of minor key, but let's not forget all the great stuff before that (especially my specific favourite, half of the village's fixation that Inzil was the acolyte. I still don't get where that came from! )
And the funny thing is, impersonating the Acolyte never once crossed my mind. I was honestly just being myself (something that's gotten me suspected I don't know how many times), though I was deliberately trying to be confusing to the wolves.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #554
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

++Shasta

It's only proper.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #555
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
++Shasta

It's only proper.
Technically you didn't even have to vote.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #556
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Technically you didn't even have to vote.
I'm a stickler for procedure.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #557
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Sorry, Pitch, but any and all fight completely went out of me once I saw the morning's narration.
*points to his signature*

Btw Zil, my friend, you are a major pain in the neck when you're on the other side. (In other words, well played.)
Old 02-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #558
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Quote:
I'm a stickler for procedure.
Yes, and now someone else has to vote too keep it even!

++Pitch

It feels very stupid to vote a wolf you only caught because he confessed... Kudos again, Pitch! That was quite masterful.

ps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I'm actually pretty sure Nerwen never intended to throw an unkillable Seer at us and there would have been some chance to kill you next Night,
Yes. 50-50 chance, to be specific.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #559
Pomegranate
Wight

Thanks guys. You were amazing.

And to be honest, all I was commenting on this morning was how badly I ended up playing, suspicion-wise - I don't think I suspected any of you at any point during the game. Nog a bit, but he spoke himself out of it. After all that sharpness :P But you were REALLY good, it's sad it ended with an unfair situation like this.

Lottie - thank you for suspecting me, I never get suspected and it was nice fighting with you a bit, especially as it ended up being two innocents against each other.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #560
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sorry, wolves – I was trying to get a balance between making the game winnable for the Acolyte, without making it impossible for whatever side she *didn't* choose, but I think I erred on the side of the first. I just never expected Lommy would get the whole village on side so easily once she came out.