The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #481
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Last Night I chose and succeeded to dream of Boro, who is a wolf.

Based on his going after Shasta so strongly toDay, I think he's 90% likely to be innocent.
You dreamed he's a wolf and you think he's innocent? What the - ?

(EDIT: x-ed with Boro)
I meant Shasta is innocent, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
It also fits with her wanting to discuss the Acolyte right out of the gate Day 1.
Actually, no - like I said, I only learnt I was the acolyte last Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Touche Lommy. Touche.
Well hats off to you for convincing me of your innocence for some time.

edit: xed with all the three after Pitch whom I quoted
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #482
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Actually, no - like I said, I only learnt I was the acolyte last Night.
You're right, sorry.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #483
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
...Well, glad I refreshed the page before I continued on with this ramble post of made up garbage...

Touche Lommy. Touche
What, no conspiracy theories this time? Bleh, what a letdown.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #484
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
...And after Boro's confession. Yes, I hate you. But I guess this counts - even if I didn't have a full fight with you, I got to be special. Is this how you show me that I'm not counted as a first-timer anymore?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #485
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I have to say I'm disappointed, and a little uneasy, that Boro gave up so easily. Nog put on such a good show.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #486
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Silly Lommy, should have let me keep yapping away, I probably could have handed to you my spy-mates. But now. I'm staying zip.
I was aware I could have waited longer to see more of you*, but I wanted to reveal before the voting starts. Of course, you are right that I should have waited if you mean that the potential early voters (Greenie, Pom and/or Pitch) are your fellow wolves.

* anyway there's three Days' worth of your posts to analyse so it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #487
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I have to say I'm disappointed, and a little uneasy, that Boro gave up so easily. Nog put on such a good show.
She was far too specific about the role for me to really do any show with fireworks. Eliot had it right, the world goes out in a whimper.

I cordially dislike Lommy and Inzil...everyone else. Love you all equally.

Umm...so, I think I've been waiting too long to do this:

++Lommy
Old 02-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #488
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Love you too <3

++Boro
Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #489
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
* anyway there's three Days' worth of your posts to analyse so it shouldn't be a problem.
Hope you brought your Darth Waders to get through all the muck.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #490
Pomegranate
Wight

And agreed with Lommy - starting the analysing all over.

And before everyone decides to follow Lommy and Greenie in believing that I'm a wolf, please, look at the bigger picture instead of only looking at what Boro has said about me. I don't know what has driven him - I agree that it feels weird to say that the wolves are after you, even if it's just one wolf - but I am innocent and I can't say it any clearer than that. I know it looks bad, but what can I do? I can't even defend myself since it's not something I have done but something the wolf has said about me.

And after that has been said, I will, as I said, start analysing all over.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #491
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Hope you brought your Darth Waders to get through all the muck.
http://phallicfruits.com/comics/2010...h%20Waders.png
Great. Well, given that I was expecting I have to fight with you all night, I can now happily devote that time to reading your posts.

ps. Agan who's looking over my shoulder approves of the url.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #492
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
And before everyone decides to follow Lommy and Greenie in believing that I'm a wolf, please, look at the bigger picture instead of only looking at what Boro has said about me. I don't know what has driven him - I agree that it feels weird to say that the wolves are after you, even if it's just one wolf - but I am innocent and I can't say it any clearer than that. I know it looks bad, but what can I do? I can't even defend myself since it's not something I have done but something the wolf has said about me.
I don't think I said I believe you're a wolf, but this jumpiness certainly doesn't make me think otherwise! Also, Boro and Lommy? Stop being so freaking cute.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #493
Pomegranate
Wight

Greenie: You said I had a connection with Boro, and while looking at your analysis, I could see where that came from. I was thinking to myself that if Boro will end up being a wolf, I'm going to be seriously annoyed, because he has painted me black, and right after that comes this. I was just thinking that you had drawn the same conclusions already.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #494
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Great, I can actually vote early and go to sleep before midnight!

++Boro

For everybody to chew on in the meantime, I think Sally's ominous post #446 was to lay the ground for a fake reveal as the Acolyte. Note how she speaks of "the ordos" like she isn't one herself, and see also my #390 yesterDay which she hasn't answered. She's talked a lot about the role, not all of it making sense.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #495
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, that makes me feel a little better about myself. I was a little disheartened after Legate ended up not a wolf.

++Boro

Although if Lommy didn't find out she was the acolyte until last Night, that would mean she didn't kill Eruhen, which means it was a modkill after all. I'm sure my shining star was chortling to herself in glee as I took her narration and proceeded to run with it off the nearest cliff, assumption-wise.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #496
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I don't see why "in the future" has to mean "not in this game", unless you decide to read it so; this is a constructed argument.

I must admit I had more or less forgotten about Lottie for the last two Days (sorry dear), but I don't like this.
That was what I understood the post to mean. Looking at it again, I guess I can see how it could mean something else, but I'd initially thought "not this game" and I still do think that's what Boro was hinting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Lommy, I agree I was vague.
Again, Pom feels too cautious and eager to please to me.

Quote:
Also, what was that change of opinion of Shasta mid-post? You started with "(who's seemed logical and genuine, if not always right, to me this whole game)" and ended up with putting him as the most probable of the innocent-group of yours to be a wolf. I'd say most probably you just had to figure out a reason to suspect Legate, so that you wouldn't seem you're just following others. But tell us, what were you thinking?
Just because someone is logical doesn't mean he's innocent. I'd read his posts throughout the game as making sense and seeming rather genuine, but looking at the rest of the innocents, he was still one of the most wolf-like.

Quote:
(Also, just to venture a bit further, I wouldn't be surprised if Boro and Pom were packmates. If Pom is a wolf, then I doubt Lottie is one, since she just suggested Boro and Pom are wolves together. Greenie drawing so much attention to him would also be a little risky at this point, so my best guess is Boro-Pom-Sally or if not, then Boro-Pom-Pitch.)
I agree with you about Pom (obviously), and I could see either Pitch or Sally being wolves. I was already a bit wary of Pitch, so I'll go take a closer look at Sally.

Edit: xed with Shasta
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #497
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
For everybody to chew on in the meantime, I think Sally's ominous post #446 was to lay the ground for a fake reveal as the Acolyte. Note how she speaks of "the ordos" like she isn't one herself, and see also my #390 yesterDay which she hasn't answered. She's talked a lot about the role, not all of it making sense.
I don't think that's so bad. Her 'horrible idea' I thought meant a giant mass lynching of everyone not certifiably innocent, and 'the ordos' demands' just fit the limerick syllables better than something like 'our demands'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I have a horrible idea that just might work. Is anyone interested?

Or, as they say in Limerick....

I do believe I have a plan
That might meet the ordos' demands
But I rather fear
That no one will hear
Could I get a show of your hands?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #498
Pomegranate
Wight

Lottie: So clarifying what I suspected about Lommy was to you "playing careful"? And yes, wolves can be logical, but genuine would for me mean something definitely positive.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #499
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lottie: So clarifying what I suspected about Lommy was to you "playing careful"? And yes, wolves can be logical, but genuine would for me mean something definitely positive.
He seemed more genuine than Legate did, specifically, but not necessarily more genuine than most of the rest of the village. I use genuine in a relative sense, not as a definitive proof of innocence.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #500
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Final words and testament, please? (Only read what is addressed to you please. Thank you kindly).

To Lommy: I have nothing to say to you.

To Inzil: I have nothing to say to you.

To Pitch: watch out with those objection/scolding posts, if you didn't have me on your side, I would have lynched you for it.

To sally: We share so much appreciation for zombie shows it was perfect sense and a privilege to spy with you again.

To Greenie:
Quote:
- suspects Shasta based on his reaction to his (Boro's) vote, says it's common knowledge he has no problem with busing his fellows (a hilarious comment if he's a wolf, btw!); says there's an acolyte-focus similarity between Nog and Shasta
That was hilarious, right? Especially since we had such a good laugh about it last night. RIP Nogspy.

To Pom: Nice to see you pick up on the art of back-stabbing your partner very well. I'm not going to hold it against you. Discard the dead weight and live to fight another day.

To Lottie: Now that Lom's joined the innocent count, you won't have to run through a city in heels to make that last second vote to save me.

To Shasta: Yep. Tried bussing you exactly as I did to Nog. Forgive me mate.

To the Priestess: For Gondor!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #501
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Going to sleep now. I will be back well before the DL, and intend to look at Boro's posts and maybe others' posts about him too. That doesn't mean someone else couldn't do it, too.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #502
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
To Inzil: I have nothing to say to you.
Nothing? Well, fine then. This is for you.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #503
Pomegranate
Wight

Okay, Lottie, seriously. That's not relative sense in that sentence, whatever it is. If you meant it that way, it's barely confusing. And you're still seeming the most careful player there is in this game (maybe alongside Greenie), so it's funny you're accusing me of that.

Anyways, it's my time to go to sleep and tomorrow morning for once I have school so I can't be too much around. So here we go

++Boro

I'll be looking at Boro's posts a bit before going but I can't promise anything too deep just now.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #504
Pomegranate
Wight

This tool longer than I thought it did. Anyways, I looked through Boro's posts for mentions on any of the people that are left (not on Lommy and Inzil, but the ones that are not confirmed). I think Greenie mentioned everything he said about myself.

Greenie: He talks about Greenie twice. Once because of a sharp point she made on day one, stating he doesn't want to see her lynched. Second time when he didn't like her and Legate's jumping against Eonwe's strong post about Nog.

Pitch: Does not like his rant about the uselessness of the Bom- lynch. Later agrees that his point was valid, but that the rant was still annoying.

Lottie: Mentions her once, saying he has something against her and Lommy, and then forgets her.

sally: nothing. Or, well, there's this

Quote:
Your reaction though, it was unexpected seeing from you, because it was like reading one of my rants. "If you suspect me then suspect me!" And really over something that's normal, "Hey Rikae, what do you think about sally?" I can understand boiling over frustrations, but that was an immediate, highly-dramatic reaction.
which is actually an answer to G55. If he's truly mixing them up, that would be a point for sally, with G55 being innocent.

And then there's all the posts against Shasta. I don't really know what to think about it - it seems a little too serious to be a wolf-on-wolf, but would it be better being a wolf-on-innocent, with (until today) Shasta being the more probable to go first? I don't know.

Looking at this? I don't know. I think that since Boro confused sally and G55 it could mean that sally's innocent. In general he talks only a little about any of us. He states some kind of a pre-attack for both Pitch and Lottie (as in, I have something against this person, will clarify later), which in Pitch's case turns out to be the rant-post he didn't like (he didn't continue pursuing him after saying that) and with Lottie it just dies out.

Agh. I'm too tired to understand more about this, and to be honest, all these changes-of-view (first with Legate not being a wolf after all, now with Boro being one) are exhausting me. Good night, everyone! This time, for real.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #505
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Eye

Quote:
Okay. I'm somewhere between jumping for joy and swearing right now. Jumping for joy, because, if true, Lommy has just made the day of the village. I'm pretty sure she's telling the truth here because I can't see her motivation of being otherwise - as Shasta said earlier today, if the acolyte, as it seems, took the side of the village tonight, we can technically afford to lose one innocent, so if Boro would be found out as such, it would be a suicide for her tomorrow. This also can't be a wolf plan decided during the night, because obviously the narration was up just today.
Just a note: the narration is not meant to indicate the Acolyte's choice in either direction.

~The Empress's ghost.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #506
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
If [Lommie's reveal] is true, what the heck was Sally's #446 about?
Wonderfully enough, her reveal was my plan. Not that I knew it would be her, of course, but I'd intended to suggest that the acolyte come out and play. Also, and more importantly, I got a couple of lovely reactions without even having to share my plan with the rest of the group. Always a nice bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
He was too busy snuggling up to me and my brains.

Actually, I agree. Does anyone think this is maybe a bit too easy? Lommie's suddenly the Acolyte (and right, I might add, as I'm beginning to properly suspect her), Boro's suddenly a confirmed wolf, but neither was true until last Night?

If Lommie is the Acolyte, what happened to Eru? I'll be quite cross if that was a modfire and Nerwen simply refused to tell us.

Quote:
Rhythm, my dear sir. I've got rhythm, I've got music, I've got no role, who could ask for anything more, etc. Also, my sincere apologies. I must have missed your question. I'll respond to it shortly.

Quote:
To sally: We share so much appreciation for zombie shows it was perfect sense and a privilege to spy with you again.
You disgust me. I'll consider loving you (tender?) again only after you're dead.

And so, it is with a heavy heart and a full head that I must vote.

++he who has crushed my heart and cracked my cranium (Boro)

It seems my beloved sweet prince
Deceived me with one dog-eyed glimpse
But is this all true?
Or does Lommie lie too?
The mere thought is making me tense
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #507
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
But Sally, while you're in such a reasonable mode, can you explain this thing you said yesterDay:

Why the singular and "kill", not "lynch"?
(No, before you get upset, I'm not saying you're the Acolyte, I'm saying you've been toying with the role, and I can't see why you should do that while insisting that the A. is evil.)
Okay, first of all, I'm retracting my apology for not responding to this sooner. Not because of what you said, mind, but because it was said at insane o'clock and thus something I missed until now.

And to answer your question honestly, I don't know why I phrased it like that. I had of course meant that I would be advocating his lynch, and I'm guessing I used the singular because I would then gloat if he turned out to be lying after all, but I don't know why I phrased my statement the way I did.

I will, however, ask you to stop saying that I "toyed with the role," when I've done nothing of the sort. Thinking about it, yes, but not toying with it.

Though I know my word choice was strange
You inquired past my hourly range
So now I've replied
Your suspicions belied
I'd thank you for a tonal change
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #508
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

heh Inzil's link is perhaps the best occurance of the day.

sally, don't be fooled, because he's as destructive as a puppy as I am when I'm furry

Bahh the terror

And more terror

Terminate.

Finish him.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #509
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
This tool longer than I thought it did. Anyways, I looked through Boro's posts for mentions on any of the people that are left (not on Lommy and Inzil, but the ones that are not confirmed).
Just a minor, technical note that Lommy has yet to be "confirmed".

Quote:
sally: nothing. Or, well, there's this

Quote:
Your reaction though, it was unexpected seeing from you, because it was like reading one of my rants. "If you suspect me then suspect me!" And really over something that's normal, "Hey Rikae, what do you think about sally?" I can understand boiling over frustrations, but that was an immediate, highly-dramatic reaction.

which is actually an answer to G55. If he's truly mixing them up, that would be a point for sally, with G55 being innocent.

And then there's all the posts against Shasta. I don't really know what to think about it - it seems a little too serious to be a wolf-on-wolf, but would it be better being a wolf-on-innocent, with (until today) Shasta being the more probable to go first? I don't know.

Looking at this? I don't know. I think that since Boro confused sally and G55 it could mean that sally's innocent. In general he talks only a little about any of us. He states some kind of a pre-attack for both Pitch and Lottie (as in, I have something against this person, will clarify later), which in Pitch's case turns out to be the rant-post he didn't like (he didn't continue pursuing him after saying that) and with Lottie it just dies out.
I think it's a real stretch to say that quote from Boro is a point for Sally's innocence. Looks to me more like Boro was merely using a "fex" there.

As for Shasta, like I said, there are three Spies left, and the odds are pretty well in favor of seeing some wolf-on-wolf. I won't give people an automatic all-clear just because they said something negative about Nog (or Boro), and vice-versa.

Quote:
heh Inzil's link is perhaps the best occurance of the day.

Bahh the terror

And more terror

Terminate.

Finish him.
I'll bring over my three cats and we'll really see some fur fly.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #510
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Before I forget (not that it matters):

++Boro
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #511
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Boro
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #512
Pomegranate
Wight

inzil: i think that today we can look at her as confirmed by boro's confession. I've been trying to think but i haven't come up with any reason why an innocent boro would give up like that. The acolyte, joining the wolves as a cobbler? And lommy to reveal him to gain trust for tomorrow? I'm going to be worried and reevaluate if lommy's not killed tomorrow. In any case, i think boro gave up a bit too easy - i would probably have joined him in creating some weird scenario about why exactly lommy's doing this. But i can't link his confession to this. Can you think of something? Lack of bolding because i'm writing this from a phone.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #513
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

To get it over with:

++ Boro

Quote:
Greenie: You said I had a connection with Boro, and while looking at your analysis, I could see where that came from. I was thinking to myself that if Boro will end up being a wolf, I'm going to be seriously annoyed, because he has painted me black, and right after that comes this. I was just thinking that you had drawn the same conclusions already.
I understand the annoyance, but seriously, to start pleading before any accusations have been made? Looks a tad like overreacting.

Quote:
I think that since Boro confused sally and G55 it could mean that sally's innocent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I think it's a real stretch to say that quote from Boro is a point for Sally's innocence. Looks to me more like Boro was merely using a "fex" there.
I agree with Pitch on this one, I read it quite simply as Boro using Sally as an example. That he doesn't say anything else about her the whole game, though, is a bit alarming. And another thing - if one of Nate and Sally turns out furry, I'm hazarding a guess that the other one is, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Actually, I agree. Does anyone think this is maybe a bit too easy? Lommie's suddenly the Acolyte (and right, I might add, as I'm beginning to properly suspect her), Boro's suddenly a confirmed wolf, but neither was true until last Night?
Yes, it seems easy, but even if Lommy was a wolf (or an evil acolyte - but honestly, if she was given a choice I can't see Lommy siding with the baddies; and if she wasn't, it'd make the game pretty unbalanced) who decided to bus Boro to look good herself, it'd be a rather lousy scheme as we'll find out quickly enough: if she isn't dead toMorrow, we can raise the question of her lying again.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #514
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Does anyone think this is maybe a bit too easy? Lommie's suddenly the Acolyte (and right, I might add, as I'm beginning to properly suspect her), Boro's suddenly a confirmed wolf, but neither was true until last Night?

If Lommie is the Acolyte, what happened to Eru? I'll be quite cross if that was a modfire and Nerwen simply refused to tell us.
...what? You mean Boro wasn't a wolf until last Night?

As for Eruhen, I don't know what happened to him any more than you do. My best guess is modfire or resigning from the game. On the other hand, Nerwen did say to me that the game is quite complicated and Eruhen voted me on Day1... But if his death had something to do with me, it would be rather too much in addition to everything else, though.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #515
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
...what? You mean Boro wasn't a wolf until last Night?
I thought she meant that he wasn't a confirmed wolf until last Night - but why Night and not Day? Anyway, I don't know if that's relevant; probably not.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #516
Pomegranate
Wight

Okay, in the sally-case there is actually my fail, somehow I myself got mixed up with people and remembered the other name was correct, that is, that Rikae was the one who was asked. Since it wasn't so, I think you are right in saying that it seemed like an example more than anything else. But I think that if he had kept the other name correct (and since the form of the question is pretty similar) I still think it would've looked like he was just forgetting who he was talking to.

And oh yes, that was an overreaction, I know. Following my chain of thought last night it happened thus:

I think that I still had somewhere in the back of my mind the idea of "we can't afford to lynch any more innocents!" from the morning, even though it had since become slightly less certain. Hence I had the vibe that if I'd be lynched, that would be the end of the village.

I had assumed I'd get some suspicion today, partially because I haven't gotten anything this far (and at this point I sure do think that everyone should be suspected), partially because of my second-day small suspicion of Nog and then turning into suspecting Legate more and voting for him. I would've seen that as suspicious if looking from outside, when it turned out Legate wasn't a wolf. I'm actually kinda surprised that for example Lottie (since she seems to be suspecting me most) hasn't brought it up yet, though I guess it might interfere with her argument on me being in the background.

Then comes your Boroalysis. My reaction to it was "Oh, it sure does seem he's somewhat partial. And I haven't really suspected him either, in my head or out loud. It does indeed seem like we have some kind of a connection. I'm going to be seriously annoyed at myself if he turns out to be a wolf, because he has managed to fool me completely".

...and then comes Lommy's revelation. It was a "you've got to be kidding me" -moment, right after that thought process. I guess what I reacted to was more to something that I had in my own head, like, to the idea that would I not know that I'm innocent, I would be really suspecting myself right now. And I just assumed that everyone else went through the same points that I did, and I answered to that.

But thinking a bit more on what I went through yesterday. I think Boro's point against Pitch sounds really far-fetched, argument for the sake of argument. I'm going to want to look at how Pitch reacted to that and in general do some "packmatealysis" - that is, create some Boro-someone combinations and possibly even go to full pack combinations, trying to see the last two packmates. It's two out of six (and from the point of view of every ordo, two out of five excluding self) so it's not too much data to be handled, I'd say. And we'll have the whole tomorrow, and assuming that Lommy gets killed during the night, no surprises from there to be expected either.

x/ed with Lommy and Greenie
Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #517
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Rereading Boro's posts. He's really mostly talking about people who are already dead and proven innocent, and a little about Nog.

On Day1 Greenie was on his list of who not to lynch with Zil and Legate. Not sure if that is good or bad.

On Day2, he suspected Pitch, while Pitch was quite loudly criticising/suspecting Nog. Would be fun if it all was wolf-on-wolf.

On Day3, he and Shasta had a fight. Then there's this quote:
Quote:
Asking me to jumble all these ideas of a Legate-Shasta-Pitch, Shasta-Lommy-Greenie, Legate-sally-Lommy spy combinations is a processing overload for me. So unless you want my brain to explode, let me go about my business one step at a time. Starting with either Legate or Shasta today. Comprende?
I would think it likely he threw (at least) one packmate in there.

His relation to Shasta confuses me. Suspecting but not voting him on Day3 seems really bad, the attack in the beginning of toDay makes Shasta look pretty good.

Also Lottie is noteworthy. Before seeing my reveal toDay, I think he was just about to let her off the hook. Furthermore, I remember Lottie was one of the weird Lommywagon on Day1 (the other being G55 and Eru) which could have been to save Boro (I suggest someone check this toMorrow if I'm not alive to do that).

edit: xed with Greenie and Pom
Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #518
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Hopefully see you all tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #519
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Deadline.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #520
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Even in the court of Harad, nobody had ever felt quite comfortable around the Dark Lord's emissary, but under the circumstances, all were ready to mourn him like a brother.

It was not long, however, before Shasta, to the frustration of all, returned to his obsession with the Acolyte, while everyone else gave each other sidelong looks and made vague, unpleasant insinuations. The Imperial Palace of Harad had never been much of a place for trust or openness, but now these qualities had been scoured away altogether, as if by the desert winds.

Suddenly Court Physician Thinlómien stood up. "Enough! I have an announcement to make. I am– the Acolyte!"

"Really?" asked several voices. "Why didn't you say so earlier?"

"I didn't know! It is true that– like some others here– I am a student of the mysteries of the Serpent God, but it never crossed my mind that I was the Acolyte! It was not until last night that I was able to overcome my holy awe enough to break the seal on the scroll that She Who Now Bestrides the Milky Way had written with Her Imperial hand. As She ordered, I went to the Envoy and he taught me as much as he could of sorcery."

Here Lottie was seen to scowl, and to mutter what sounded very much like, "Aw, it just isn't fair..."

"But did you learn anything... useful?" the others asked.

"Yes." said Lommy solemnly, and she pointed at Boromir. "He is a spy!"

Boromir, instead of shouting denial, merely shook his head in rueful acknowledgement.

"Touché, Lommy. Touché. But you should have let me keep yapping away, I probably could have handed to you my spy-mates."

"Well, hats off to you," said the Acolyte, "for convincing me of your innocence for some time."

As they were getting quite good at this sort of thing by now, it was not long before somebody came up with the marvellous notion of having the confessed spy trampled by his own mûmakil. Bound and chained, Boromir could do nothing to resist as he was carried down to the stables and rolled under the very feet of the vast, savage beasts.

The others, gathered just outside, watched expectantly.

But there was a drawback– the mûmakil were quite accustomed to Boro, and merely felt him curiously with the sensitive tips of their long snouts.

All were at a loss, until Greenie thought of flinging in one of her reptiles (not one of those consecrated to the Serpent God). Instantly the stable became a nightmarish chaos of trumpeting, stamping and goring elephantine monsters. By the time the mûmakil had finally calmed down, there was even less left of Boromir than there had been of the ill-fated Legate of Khand. This time, though, what skin still covered the jellied mass that had once been a human body immediately began to lighten in colour, even as Nogrod's had, and the one remaining eye changed to a cloudy grey.

The snake was flattened too, but everyone agreed it had been in a good cause.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living
Sally –Messenger girl.
Shasta –Particularly attentive guard-lieutenant.
Pomegranate –Entertainer.
A Little Green –The Empress's favourite snake-charmer.
Pitchwife –Captain in the "Provisional Royal Númenórean Navy" and emissary of Angamaitë IX, Lord of Umbar.
Lottie –Accident-prone sorcerer's apprentice.
Inziladun –Minister of the Treasury.
Lommy! –Court physician.

Dead
The Empress of Harad. Mod. –assassinated in her sleep.
Bom Tombadillo –Greatly afflicted beggar. Ordo. –multiple stab wounds.
Eruhen –Court eunuch. Ordo. –burned to death on the Empress's funeral pyre.
Rikae –Empress's handmaiden. Royal Executioner. –garotted with own wire.
Nogrod –Camel and coffee trader. Spy. –poisoned with own merchandise.
Galadriel55 –Professional assassin. Captain of the Guard. –neck broken in stairwell fight.
Legate of Amon Lanc –Legate of Khand. Ordo. –crushed to death by an enormous waggon.
Steve –Court Jester (from Umbar). Envoy of Morder. –sliced up by the spies on Night Four.
Boromir88 –Wealthy mûmak breeder. Spy. Trampled by own mûmakil.

It is now Night Five.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-29-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: TYYYYYYPPPPOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote