The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #561
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm quite sure I mentioned it in passing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I only get a free pass on not voting once (toMorrow, when I'll be traveling due to some of that Nasssssty real life imperfection that keeps mucking up the game)
Most assuredly you have won, and well. I shan't deny you that. But I shall point out that I did say I wouldn't be around to vote, so you could have saved yourself needless concern about me showing up to ruin your mischief.
We couldn't count on that, Fea. We were hoping you wouldn't show up, but what if you had?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #562
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Now, now, patience. I need to do the narration and stuff, but it'll most likely be in the morning, as I've been bizarrely tired all day. I'll get it done as soon as I can.
All right...

Meanwhile, we can turn this into a full-fledged chat thread.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #563
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
When next they dared to speak, Fea, Lhuna, and Dun already knew their death was near. At last they decided to face it bravely, and agreed to go out and at least make one last stand against the beast.

“Who do you think it is?” Dun asked as they trudged through the small hole to Shelob’s lair.

Lhuna stammered out an answer, but her words were unclear, her speech strangely slurred.

“If I had been able to speak yesterday,” Fea said solemnly, “this wouldn’t have happened.” They reached the entrance to the bigger cave and she sighed. “This is all my fault. I let you all down.”

“Not us,” Nog assured her. His body was suspended from the ceiling, his legs wiggling in some sort of dance as he watched the group approach, their path lit once again by his abdominal lights.

“Whatever you do, don’t look at them,” Lhuna hissed. “They’ll draw you in.” Suddenly she had an idea, tugging on Shasta’s arm to get his attention without drawing too much of Nog’s. “Maybe we could make a deal with his minions. Perhaps they would turn on him. After all, they could be healed, rid themselves of their....condition, and we could all escape.”

“I wouldn’t be on it,” Shasta chuckled. “I actually like being this way.”

Lhuna dropped his arm, her eyes wide with fear. “You mean you....?”

“It doesn’t pay well,” he admitted with a shrug, “but the food’s good.”

Without further discussion he plunged a knife into Fea’s side, blood pouring from the wound as he removed his weapon and let it clatter to the floor.

“NO!” the three innocents cried together, but it was too late. Nog dropped down from the ceiling and, before Fea could even try to escape, he had sunk his teeth deep into her neck. Fea swayed a few times, then fainted, and Nerwen caught her body as it fell, swiftly breaking her neck just in case.

Dun and Lhuna tried to run, but as Dun neared their tunnel he was impaled by a giant leg, Nog’s appendage dragging him back toward the carnage. He couldn’t see Lhuna, but he knew there was no way she had escaped with her life. At last he welcomed death, and everything went dark.

Nog and Shasta’s laughter rang through the cavern, Noglob’s hissing casting an eerie echo over the bodies of the slain Dun and Fea.

Shasta’s laughter was cut short as, mid-cackle, a sword pierced his stomach. He turned to see Nerwen, her newly-formed pincers clacking maliciously as she twisted the blade inside him.

“My shining star!” he cried, but then he spoke no more, slumping to the ground, a final hiss his last words to his precious sister.

Nerwen swallowed a lump in her throat, easing her sword from her brother’s prone body. “I didn’t want to,” she assured him, a choke in her voice. “I’m sorry, he for whom my pincers do grow, but I have to make it right. Please understand.”

She next approached Nog, who had mistaken Shasta’s scream of despair for one of elation. “My child!” he shouted as Nerwen approached, throwing two of his arms around her. “You were-”

Nog’s eyes widened, slowly travelling down to look at the sword Nerwen had shoved into his furry body. “Why?” he demanded. “I gave you everything! We have everything, all of them! Why?!”

Nerwen shrugged off his embrace and stepped back, leaving her sword protruding from Nog’s chest. “A spider’s life should be quiet,” she said slowly. “We are meant to dwell in shadows, in darkness and silence, not stand before men and mock their shortcomings. It is not our place to be in the light, nor to show lowlier beings, even former friends, our true faces. You taught me this, mother....I mean, father. Yet you and my brother were unable to control your impulses, to remain true to your nature. You sully our good name with your ridicule and your ridiculous dancing in the light of victory. I cannot be a part of something so contrary to the very nature you taught me all those days ago. If I am to be like this forever, I must remain true to my new self.”

“But you....” Nog winced as he slid the blade from his chest. “You made yourself known.”

“Before a kill, an enemy sees your true face. That is what I showed them, and nothing more.”

“You were my child....”

“And now I shall take your place. Rest now, father. It is no longer your concern.”

Nog tried to argue but the blood that had been oozing from him covered the floor and he slipped in it, skittering against the ground before finally collapsing in his own blood, no longer moving.

“I’m sorry,” Nerwen repeated quietly, then she turned away. “Ah, yes. Hello, dear.”

Lhuna’s head craned toward what little light Noglob’s body was still casting, tears glistening on her cheeks. “Please don’t make me,” she begged. “I’d rather be dead, like the others, than turn into one of you. Please....”

“I’m afraid it’s no longer your decision.”

“Please,” Lhuna begged. “You don’t have to keep me just because he wished it. Let me go.”

Nerwen knelt beside her, stroking Lhuna’s cheek with her bristly hand. “Don’t be frightened, my dear,” she said softly. “This is a good place. A happy place. A dark place. You’ll like it here, I promise.”

“But what will we do? They’re all dead, even the other spiders.”

Nerwen just smiled. “We shall live here, and thrive, and lie in the dark....and wait.”

Alive
Nerwen (the new spider mistress)
Lhuna (the reluctant child)

Dead
Glirdan (ordo, lynched Day 1)
Nienna (ordo, withdrew Day 2)
Bom (ordo, lynched Day 2)
Boro (the Doctor, withdrew Day 3)
Lottie (ordo, lynched Day 4)
Phantom (Frodo, died Night 5)
Wilwa (Sam, lynched Day 5)
Fea (ordo, lynched Day 6)
Dun (ordo, killed in end game)
Nog (Shelob, patricided/modfired in end game)
Shasta (spiderling, kinslain/modfired in end game)

Baddies win, goodies lose. Long live the new, more discreet, empire of spiders.

GAME OVER.

I'll go through and bold the narration/fill in for the others in the next couple days. Wilwa's should be especially interesting.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #564
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pipe

Okay, let's chat then.

Talking of being "full-fledged", I should like to point out that I did give Sam a hint on Day One. Only a very subtle one, mind, as my interpretation of the no-reveal rule meant that one, um, couldn't bloody well reveal.

I do think our gifteds really pushed the boundaries of that one. However, I don't know that we in the spider colony can complain, as in some ways it worked in our favour. I wonder how we'd have fared, for example, if the first part of the game hadn't been spent pursuing various innocents for their opening IC posts?

Anyway, this was my hint:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Now onto logistics...if I'm right (which I may well not be), there's only Shelob right now, and someone who will turn into a spider come Nightfall. (Unless she started out with a fully-fledged spider, and I think that was dependant on how many people. I'm guessing based on the numbers that it's a Bitten, not a Fledged - this may be wildly inaccurate.) If we kill the Bitten, would it show up as a spider, or as an innocent?
I can't find the answer to either of those in the Admin thread. Perhaps our Moddess would be so good as to clarify?

Btw– fledged? You mean like this?
EDIT:X'd with narration.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-14-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #565
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You can all chat freely now, corpses as well.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #566
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Uh. Nogrod? Why me?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #567
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm. So my secondary suspicion was correct (that Nog was Shelob), as was my first thought after death (that phanty was a gifted). I never even suspected Shasta or Nerwen, though . . .

Anyway, good game, and may you ever haunt the shadows, Nerlob and Lhunaling.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #568
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Uh. Nogrod? Why me?
Why not you?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #569
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Anyway, good game, and may you ever haunt the shadows, Nerlob and Lhunaling.
Thanks!

Btw, Sally, you're not serious about modfiring Nog and Shasta? That is only for naration purposes, right?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #570
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Btw, Sally, you're not serious about modfiring Nog and Shasta? That is only for naration purposes, right?
Of course she's serious. We'll make a new start, Mother.

Also, not me because I'm a reluctant baddie. Which is probably why it appealed to Noggie even more.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #571
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Btw, Sally, you're not serious about modfiring Nog and Shasta? That is only for narration purposes, right?
Pretty much, yeah. With you winning my last game and them (and others!) being a bit naughty, I thought it was a fitting finale. You three still won though.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #572
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Bloody spiders. If only we'd brought one of these and a few of these we'd have had no trouble.

Anyway, congrats to the baddies. I had you all pegged eventually, but too little, too late. It probably didn't help that I participated in lynching two innocents.

And Lottie?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #573
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So I never saw Nerwen or Shasta coming. Okay, I put down Shasta once as a possible Spiderling, but I didn't really believe it. Even Nog I only started suspecting towards the end of the Day I died. Well done, evil people. *grumps*

And Zil?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #574
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
And Zil?
Yeah, I know. We need to stop doing that. Maybe next time we're both on the good side we can actually team up on getting the bad ones.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #575
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Well, Zil, good thing I never got to the point when I'd have to deceive you.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #576
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Yeah, I know. We need to stop doing that. Maybe next time we're both on the good side we can actually team up on getting the bad ones.
That did work better, didn't it? New plan for next game!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #577
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nice little twist there in the end...

It was good fun once again - and for a long time - although I PM'd Sally the first thing I learned I was Shelob that I wasn't too happy about that as I love playing an ordo. Heh, I had never noticed the last line on the rules where everyone who didn't wish to be Shelob could have just PM'd her about it...

It was an interesting concept and we could toy with it again one day, but the way the stinging / rangering / incubating / healing / turning -sequence goes should be re-eavaluated a bit. One solution could be that the one stinged would turn her/his allegiances immediately to the dark side as it would solve the "hinting issue" (and that way also the 50% possibility of not being able to vote would make more sense).

Anyway, great modding Sally! Well executed!

And kudos to my spiderlings Nerwen and Shasta!

Also my deep bow to wilwa who really kept us on our toes the last Days, and to tp who undoubtedly was there during the last Day in what wilwa was doing.

Congrats to Lhuna as well for being quite right for a long time.

And thanks to everyone for a good, even if a bit silent game.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #578
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And thanks to everyone for a good, even if a bit silent game.
Tell me about it. The low post count made reading through the game MUCH easier, but it was mostly unnerving.

I'm sorry, Noggie, I don't think I can stop asking this. Why not Zil or Fea?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #579
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

*glares at Nog*

That was so frustrating! Still totally fun, but totally frustrating. Especially that last Day, because it started with me not being really too sure of who Shelob was, Phantom and I had chatted and we both sorta suspected Nog, but we also sorta suspected some other people. But then by the time I had to leave I was so positive it was him. And then I voted for him, and only later noticed that Lhuna had already voted for Shasta. I had somehow totally missed that post, I don't know how, I thought I was the first vote, though if I had seen it I don't know if I would have voted any differently, because I didn't actually really suspect Shasta at all and really really wanted to get Nog (I also didn't realise that Fea wouldn't be around to vote)

Probably the hardest thing about this was me not being able to say who I was, because my role did provide me with some extra information. I knew Fea wasn't a spiderling, since she couldn't have been stung from the beginning (she wasn't playing yet), and so it would have had to have been Night 3 (except I chose her Day 4 to 'cure'). On Day 1 I had to leave early so I sent Boro in as my pick, but when I got home and read over the Day everyone was saying Lhuna would have been a good choice. I decided to protect her Night 2 since I figured if Shelob thought Sam had already chosen her during the Day, then she would be a safe choice for the Night. But Nog went for me instead (did you know who I was when you did that?). So the next Day with everyone saying "Oh, Lhuna looks more innocent since Sam probably chose her", I couldn't really explain the whole situation, so I tried to make it sound like I didn't protect her at all, and hint that Sam was the one attacked. It was frustrating, haha.

Anyway, it was a pretty awesome game. I wish I could have been around more (especially on that last Day, my participation should have been way better). And Noggins, I still love you, you rock. When we're on different teams this seems to always be the way it goes, we totally clash and both get super frustrated, we should just always be on the same team from now on .

*snuggles Sallycakes for an awesome game* Are you going to spill the beans now about Nog's little wishlist???

Oh, and snuggles to Pie, I feel bad for my random Day 1 vote getting him killed.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #580
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Well well, my sneak attack didn't go off as planned due to participation, but ah well... that's what happens. Not many people feel as duty-bound obligated to post as I do (I will literally call in sick to work if I think it's the difference between winning and losing a game).

The plan was not to show much in the way of hard and just suspicion but rather load Sam up with ammo and have Shelob + Spiderlings think "Where the heck did this come from? I didn't imagine this!" when suddenly the innocent were coming after them on the final day.

I saw the whole Lottie thing as being extremely telling. From my PM to Wilwa-Sam during my final night alive-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I'm so ticked that they lynched Lottie!! She was SO unlikely, for a host of reasons!! Seems like an unlikely Shelob, definitely wasn't the first spider bite (she would've acted different), and she couldn't have been stung Night 2 (that was Sam), could not have been stung Night 4 (that was Frodo), so that only leaves Night 3, in which case she would've acted different to tip us off, not to mention everyone seemed pretty aware that my declaring the two of you innocent was baiting a Shelob failed attack on the assumption that she might be protected.

I mean really- she was as bad a lynch choice as anyone in the game, so merely on those grounds I'm suspicious of anyone involved. And especially I'm suspicious of people like Nog who voted for her on the grounds that he was checking my trustworthiness (her badness would make me look bad or whatever). That's such a ridiculous premise, because-
1) Why not just lynch ME if you are suspecting me? (answer: Because Shelob already knows I'm going to die so might as well kill Lottie too.)
2) So what if she was evil? Would I have picked her? Would I have treated her like that as my minion? Who flippin knows?! In other words, there was no information that could've been gained! NO ONE can predict with any success how I'd act in a given situation, so why pretend that there is some believable test you can do to determine my guilt?!

Anyone who even attempts such a thing is scheming, because in and of itself it's pointless to approach me in such a fashion, and anyone who's played with me ought to know better.
The Lottie lynch was poorly conceived, and if it was innocents doing it they ought to be ashamed of themselves. If I was still alive I'd harp on that all day and lynch those people.
As far as my thoughts on individuals, here's my Shasta take from my PM-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Shasta- he's got very little in the way of voting record and such, so really who's to say. I'm the sort that would declare him a non-target on account of him being such a submarine the first few days, and declare that if he's Shelob then screw him, he didn't legitimately fool me, he just skated past due to inactivity.
Also, encourage everyone to reread Day 3 and see if anyone is hinting that they have been stung. Tell them that if no one did anything to hint that they were stung, then the sting victim MUST have been someone that was pretty much absent most of the time.
I did not want to go so far as to outright say that Shasta was the Night 3 sting, but given what I could remember for the day and the people that I actually read for sting-clues, Shasta seemed a good choice, and I wondered if a thorough read-through by the innocents in mass would indeed place him as a likely Spidlering not to be trusted.
The bit pertaining to Nerwen-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Nerwen- She's also been as wrong as anyone in the game, and she misses obvious things that I would think she'd catch (like her comments about me, trying to make my posts sound suspicious when they're instead giving out the Frodo-vibes).
The bit pertaining to Nog-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I mean really- she was as bad a lynch choice as anyone in the game, so merely on those grounds I'm suspicious of anyone involved. And especially I'm suspicious of people like Nog who voted for her on the grounds that he was checking my trustworthiness
I'm not certain Shelob would openly try and kill you, as that could be incriminating. Why not give the attack orders to a Spiderling? Or why not be on your side the entire game? As a Baddie I have on multiple occasions won the game with multiple gifteds still alive on the final day, because I got them on my side. Killing isn't always necessary.

And if you'll remember back on Day 2, I said that a strategy that was just as likely was that Shelob and minions would first wish to rid themselves of Sam's supporters giving them an easier shot should they wish to take out Sam. And notice they did bust up the Phantom-Wilwa-Lottie block that I had going. If they hadn't done that I think they would've found themselves in trouble, but instead you're the only one left.
Nog- Same thing, only more so (in reference to Nerwen looking guilty). Personally it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he didn't, based upon your identity, take a look at me and figure I was Frodo and then select me for tactical reasons (the Night-death is useful). And then of course kill the other very innocent person I'd been supporting (Lottie) and come away from the ordeal with an avenue to attack you.
The way in which he's wrong and the perfect timing of his wrongness... If he's not evil then he's playing very very off his game and deserves death anyway.
Anyway, after our night talks I figured Wilwa would enter the arena guns blasting and get all the innocents to gang up on a baddie, most likely Nog. She did in fact get Inzil to go with her, and Lhuna went for a baddie independently (thus I imagine Wilwa could've gained Lhuna's help had she began her posting before the final 5 hours or if Lhuna had held her vote until closer to the deadline), and Fea I was confident would help, and well- that would've been the game.

But as the hours ticked by on that day and nothing was in the works, I knew the game was lost. Ugh. Completely my fault. Instead of trying to be surprising just for the sake of drama and making a good story, I should've stuck around until the deadline on that final day I was alive and let loose with everything I had rather than dump the workload in the lap of a busy person.

Heh heh... just goes to show what I've said before- it's a fine line between a slaughter either direction. Something as small as an appointment can swing a game. What's embarrassing this time is given the set up I can't believe the goodies didn't win. If I had been Nog I would have cried upon receiving the Shelob role. "Um, moddess, how exactly am I supposed to win with no team?"

Under those circumstances I would've been tempted to do something extremely high-risk for the low chance of payoff, but Nog's more calculated risks ended up being suited for the flow of this particular game.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #581
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Great game, everyone!

Yes, I've been keeping track. For the most part.

Bon apetit, Nerwen and Lhuna!

And Noglob, and Shasta, but you guys are dead.

I had some speculations of my own, the only one being correct is that Wilwa was a goodie. :d

Well, it was an interesting game - thanks Sallymodess! - and it kept me from doing my homework all right. :P
Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #582
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
What's embarrassing this time is given the set up I can't believe the goodies didn't win. If I had been Nog I would have cried upon receiving the Shelob role. "Um, moddess, how exactly am I supposed to win with no team?"
Heh... Sally should know I whined about it a few times, but well, once in a game you have to accept the rules and just fight as hard as you can. But the slowness of the incubation period & the multiple chances of goodies to interfere and postpone it were just a nightmare...

Stinging Sam was pure chance (the reason to pick wilwa was to get a stern spiderling who would not be an easy lynch), but with phantom I had some quite open hunches he was Frodo indeed - and well at that point a risk worth taking.

Having Nerwen on my side it was quite clear that after the Sam-sting I needed a spiderling who would be trustworthy but also one who would team up well with Nerwen... so Shasta was the obvious choice as it minimized the possibility of my two spiderlings going after one another in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
On Day 1 I had to leave early so I sent Boro in as my pick, but when I got home and read over the Day everyone was saying Lhuna would have been a good choice. I decided to protect her Night 2 since I figured if Shelob thought Sam had already chosen her during the Day, then she would be a safe choice for the Night. But Nog went for me instead (did you know who I was when you did that?). So the next Day with everyone saying "Oh, Lhuna looks more innocent since Sam probably chose her", I couldn't really explain the whole situation, so I tried to make it sound like I didn't protect her at all, and hint that Sam was the one attacked. It was frustrating, haha.
That is such fun to hear. As I knew you were Sam I was able to pick your opposition to the general mood of Lhuna being rangered / healed as the reason I believed you to be Sam (and not the correct reason that I stinged you)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
And Noggins, I still love you, you rock. When we're on different teams this seems to always be the way it goes, we totally clash and both get super frustrated, we should just always be on the same team from now on
Love you too, and you do rock as well. And you were our most frightening opponent anyway in this game. But I must say that my "super-frustration" was acted... (I was actually quite surprised Sally came in to call for peace as I thought it was just something our roles dictated us to act)

But I do agree, we should be on the same team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
I'm sorry, Noggie, I don't think I can stop asking this. Why not Zil or Fea?
You could call it "poetic justice"... You were such strongly after me that it would be so fitting you'd join my side in the end. Also I was so very happy to see you once again in a game making a difference that I thought you'd deserve to end in the winning side... (Add to that, thatFea played so little it was kind of right she would be the one we lynched the next Day)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #583
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Love you too, and you do rock as well. And you were our most frightening opponent anyway in this game. But I must say that my "super-frustration" was acted... (I was actually quite surprised Sally came in to call for peace as I thought it was just something our roles dictated us to act)

But I do agree, we should be on the same team.
I'm sort of disappointed I was Sam and couldn't get turned, just for the reason that this would have been an awesome evil team to be a part of (and winning would have been a bonus ). Though it was still an awesome role to have, I like being the first to try out a new role and in Cake's last game I got a shiny role that I never ended up getting to use, so this was pretty awesome (would have been more awesone if I could have revealed Day 1 and been invincible, but that would have been unfair for the baddies I think, haha).

I feel bad for Phantom, cause the Night we got to chat I was all like "ya, I'll go in full power and be super awesome and everyone will do what I say and we'll totally win", and then I ended up being busier than I thought and I couldn't get on as much or as soon as I had hoped, and lots of the things he had PMed me I had never had the chance to relay to everyone. I'm sure it was super frustrating for him to watch!

*snuggles Sally again for awesome game*
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #584
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
(Add to that, thatFea played so little it was kind of right she would be the one we lynched the next Day)
Couldn't be helped. After the initial kurfuffle of me playing when I'd never intended to, and having to wrangle our way around some related issues, when Life intervened and I had to dash, I very nearly dropped out, but felt that after all of the withdrawals, it would be absolute death for the good guys if they lost yet another of their number. So even though I couldn't participate, I wanted to at least give them an extra body for the final count.

Still, I enjoyed watching you win against the odds. Congrats.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #585
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
You could call it "poetic justice"... You were such strongly after me that it would be so fitting you'd join my side in the end. Also I was so very happy to see you once again in a game making a difference that I thought you'd deserve to end in the winning side...
Come to think of it, I think I've posted the most in this game than in any other game I've played before - and as an ordo at that! I guess I should thank you for turning me; I haven't won a game in the longest time. More importantly, I should thank you for turning me on the last Day, because you know how I feel about having to be evil.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #586
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I was just thinking, what game in a row is it that the baddies won? They won the previous two, but I don't remember before that...

Old 05-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #587
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I was just thinking, what game in a row is it that the baddies won? They won the previous two, but I don't remember before that...

Games since the start of 2010:
WW LXXXVIII: What Lies in the Dark. (Wolves won.)
WW LXXXVI - The Halls of Mandos. (Wolves won.)
WW: LXXXV - The Lost Philosophers of Maiar. (Wolves won.)
WW: LXXXIV: Middle-earth in Fifteen Minutes. (Innocents won.)
WW LXXXIII: Nightmare on the East Road. (Wolves won).
WW LXXXII: Return to Tol-in-Gaurhoth. (Wolves won.)
WW LXXXI: Under the Misty Mountains. (Innocents won.)
WW LXXX: It's About Time! (Innocents won.)
WW LXXIX: Fall From Olympus. (Innocents won.)
WW LLXVIII: Yar Har Har and a Bottle o' Rum. (game aborted.)
WW LXXVII: The Metamorphs of Wolf-562-e. (Innocents won.)
WW: LXXVI - At Moria: EXTRA Edition. (Innocents won.)
WW LXXV: It's Always Tea Time Here. (Wolves won.)
WW LXXIV: War of the Wolves. (Wolves won.)
WW LXXIII: Arkham Asylum. (Innocents won.)
WW LXXII: Now There's the Truth of It! (Innocents won.)
WWLXXI: Something in the Night. (Wolves won.)