Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2003, 11:09 PM   #721
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aerandir was surprised at how much he had missed being alone in the wild."How could I have missed those warg-riders?" he said,"I was just in that area but five days ago." Aerandir quietly thought for a moment."You say you're going to Bree in two days?" he asked, "Well that's right where I was headed after my stay here. If it's not a burden, I would like to go with you to Bree, and I'm hoping to see my friend Tathar there also.

Aerandir was grateful to have a companion to Bree. So many months alone. Except for his horse, Luinaur. Luinaur had a magnificent grey coat, which, in fire-light, would shine a magical soft-blue. You could see stars in his black mane on a clear night, and his eyes were as blue as his rider's.

Aerandir found Luinaur, or, Luinaur found Aerandir on the slopes of the Misty Mountains. Aerandir's old horse had been killed in an orc ambush, and Aerandir barely survived the attack. He was left wandering around on foot with no food or water. Just as he fell into the darkness, he had a bad wound on his side, he heard the neigh of an elvish-bred horse. There galloping towards him was Luinaur. Nobody knows where he came from, maybe it was a forest elf scout's and the rider had been killed, but Aerandir believed Luinaur had been sent by Olwe Carnesir, His deceased father.

After that thought, Aerandir said to Talendur, "I've had a wonderful night good friend, but I must be getting my rest. I've been in the wilderness for so long, I'm not sure I remember what a real bed feels like anymore. Queldu mellonamin, Tenna' tul're." Aerandir stood up, saluted Talendur, and went up to his room.

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Aerandir Carnesir ]

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Aerandir Carnesir ]
Old 03-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #722
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Elfhelm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elfhelm
Sting

After Aerandir had left, Talendur turned his attention to the elves. Many of them had tragic pasts, and Talendur was saddened that such a noble race could experience such strife.

The waitress came by and dropped off his ale, and Talendur took a long gulp of it. He had not had any spirits in a long time, unless miruvor was counted as that sort of beverage.

"Aerandir is a good man" Talendur thought. He was trustworthy, loyal, and an expert fighter--the best of both races. Talendur would enjoy the journey to Bree with him. He would be a better companion than Sulohtar, a moody, brooding ranger who desired to be in charge whether he knew what was going on or not. It was Sulohtar's idea to split up and meet at Bree, though it would have been better if Talendur and his companion's had stuck together. But before Talendur could reason with Sulohtar, the other rangers had already gone off in other directions, and Talendur had no choice but to comply with the plan.

As Talendur sat at his table, he tried to engage a young hobbit in a conversation, but rangers who are used to solitude
are no good at making small-talk, and the hobbit soon drifted away to the opposite corner. Again he turned his attention to the elves and their sad life stories. Talendur's life had not been easy either. His mother had died giving birth to him, leaving his father Berenor to raise him as best he could. Berenor was one of the best rangers there was, and he was also a personal friend of the King Elessar. At a young age Talendur was already learning the arts of war from his father, being trained in the use of the longsword and the bow.

By the time he was in his teens, Talendur could perform all of the crafts of the rangers better than any of the other Dunedain of his age. He could tread almost as soundlessly as a hobbit, run like a horse of Rohan, track orcs for many days, and fight like a cornered animal. Talendur even bettered some elves with the bow, and beat experienced rangers in sword-fights. Life was good for the young son of Berenor, and his father was proud of him.

Then things changed the day Talendur turned 16. He, his father, and seven other Dunedain were journeying near the woody western slopes of the Misty Mountains near Dunland. Berenor had gone scouting that morning, but by late afternoon he was not back. Talendur remembered that he was not worried about his father, only a little nervous. By nightfall Berenor was still not back, and then the party of rangers began to believe something was wrong. Then, the ranger on watch said that he could barely here many people slowly moving through the wood.

At once they were set upon by a band of marauders. They were criminals and outlaws from all over Eriador, and they fought savagely to capture food and supplies. Immediately the watch and two other rangers were cut down in the fury of the attack, annd the five that remained formered a circle and fought off their opponents from all sides. Their number dwindled to four, then three, and finally only Talendur and a veteran named Ostoher were left. The ruthless outlaws plundered the Dunedain camp while others kept Talendur and Ostoher engaged. As they fought, a a huge outlaw wielding a pike came at Talendur's undefended back. Ostoher leapt in front of him and took the force of the blow before slaying the outlaw with his sword. Then, just as quickly as they had appeared, they were gone, and Talendur remembered hearing the marauders dashing hard through the woods to get away. They had successfully destroyed the Dunedain campsite, but at a cost of 15 of their men.

Talendur tended Ostoher's wound, but he knew it was fatal. Before he died, Ostoher made him promise to take care of his son, who was two years younger than Talendur was. Even at that moment Talendur felt extreme guilt that Ostoher had died saving him. And thus Talendur ended up looking after Sulohtar, who was the exact opposite of his father Ostoher.

After the horrible battle, Talendur remained waiting for his father at the campsite, but he never returned. To this day 10 years later, Talendur had stil not seen him. "Perhaps he is dead" Talendur thought, but he still did not give up searching for his lost father.

Deciding that his father would not return, Talendur began to walk northwards, for the marauders had taken the rangers' horses. He was bleeding badly from his right arm and side, so when he finally walked into a Dunlending village he collapsed. The Dunlendings cared for him and gave him a steed after he was well again. Since that day long ago, Talendur had sworn and oath to find out his father's fate. Searching, always searching for his father, while supervising a moody, self-centered teen. Life was hard now for Talendur son of Berenor.

Talendur finished his ale and stood up. He was tall, even for a ranger, and he towered over the hobbits who seemed to scurry about below him. Talendur went to the bar and asked the woman on duty if there were any free rooms. If there were not, Talendur did not mind. He was too used to sleeping in the wild anyway.

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Elfhelm ]
Old 03-02-2003, 12:31 PM   #723
Malcu Luinthol
Pile O'Bones

Malcu Luinthol has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The cloaked figure wandered through the countryside of the shire silently, almost invisible even in the bright daylight. He carried a bow and a long dagger with him, and the scars on his face spoke of a hard life, involving many combats.
As he approached an inhabited area he removed the hood on his cloak, revealing his lon, blond hair and pointed ears. He had been heading south for many months now, and his supplies of food were low, he was down to his last few wafers of Lembas.
He reached the settlement and approached the building with the sign 'Green Dragon' attatched to it. He entered and was immediately questioned by the small creatures inside. When asked his name, he replied, 'i am Malcu Luinthol'
Old 03-02-2003, 12:40 PM   #724
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

Astarielles eyes flashed suddenly to the door as one of her kindred stepped in. She had been in a long state of meditation as some would call it. She stood slowly and nodding slightly in elvish fashion said,

"Ellen sila lumen omentielvo. Good day and well met, I am Astarielle Silverleaf from Mirkwood. I am a 'traveller' you could say, where might you be from?"
Old 03-02-2003, 12:55 PM   #725
Malcu Luinthol
Pile O'Bones

Malcu Luinthol has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Shocked at finding a meber of his kindred in this strange country, Malcu Luinthol paused before beginning his story...

'It was two ages ago when i escaped the ruin of Gondolin, where i was a high ranking member of the guard. After this, i wandered North into the darkness, in a vain attempt to avenge my kin. There are many strange creatures in the north of this land, and i had to fight to survive.'

As i headed north, i soon realised i could not challenge the dark lord alone, so i headed east, pursuing a large company of orcs who fled from my presence. In this area i came across a company of the dark elves, my estranged kin, and joined them as they fought against the great wyrms. It was in these battles that i recieved many wounds, and considered departing to the undying lands. However, one thing bound me to this earth, the knowledge that the beautiful elf maiden Tiriel had escaped the hidden city alive, under the guard of Glorfindel.'

I searched widely over the next hundred years for Tiriel, but with no result. There was no knowledge of her in Imladris, Lothlorien or Eregion. I was lost, without hope, and headed north again to visit the dark elves i had befriended, but when i returned i discovered that they had departed into the west. It was then that i began my journey back to the south, to seek to dwell in Imladris with master Elrond, and discovered myself in this strange land...'
Old 03-02-2003, 01:48 PM   #726
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Afterwards a tall man stepped through the door, he was rather tall and had shortish blonde hair. His name was Phervasaion and he was a ranger.

He didnt speak much, he was polite and well mannered when he did speak though. He walked up and sat in the corner by himself waiting to meet one of his friends while he was smoking his pipe.

He carried a Large two handed sword with him all the time and occasionally seen with an old bow. His sword seemed to be very well made and he had an also well made sheath to go with it.

Not long after his arival his friend who was also a ranger came in and sat next to him....
Old 03-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #727
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Sting

Aerandir came down from his room. He went to talk to Talendur, but he had already left for the night. Instead, his eyes caught attention to another ranger sitting at the table peacfully smoking his pipe.

"Nae saian luume'! Phervasaion! how long has it been since we last talked!" Aerandir was glad to see that there were rangers still in the Shire. "How are you? Talendur has left for the night, but he should be back in a while. Has it been a long journey?"
Old 03-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #728
Ten'oio
Pile O'Bones

Ten'oio has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just then, a beautiful double-edged sword flashed in the corner of Aerandir's eyes. An even more beautiful young shield maiden, approached the rangers and interrupted the conversation. Catching the searing blue eyes of one of the rangers, she said,
"It has been too long since our last meeting Aerandir. How has thou been?"

Well aware of the questions forming in his mind, she answered, "I don't have time to explain my business here in the Shire, but may I ask what a handsome ranger like you is wandering in these parts for? I leave for Bree soon, so I haven't much time to spare."

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Ten'oio ]
Old 03-02-2003, 07:30 PM   #729
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Sting

"Well, If it isn't Inwe Fefalas! Hullo! Melamin, what brings you to the Green Dragon? I thought you were still in Rohan?" Aerandir said surprisingly. He had not seen his love since Inwe, him, and Tathar were in Bree together. He got up gave her one of those spinning hugs, and kissed her so passionately and purely, that everyone at the inn turned and watched.

"This is a very unexpected meeting, but I'm glad to see you again." said Aerandir, still surprised to see Inwe,"Sit down! Sit down! Let me get you an ale, and we can talk about our journeys together." Aerandir called for another round of ales, and lit another pack of Athelas in his pipe.

"Inwe, you're going to Bree? That is where Talendur and I are going in two days. Would you be joining us or shall we meet you there?" Said Aerandir, excidedly puffing his pipe.

Old 03-02-2003, 07:44 PM   #730
Ten'oio
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"I would wish for nothing more than to accompany you in your journeys! Thank you Aerandir! And I see that your memory hasn't failed you. Even after all this time you haven't forgotten me!"

She took a seat, and smiled at Areandir-letting the rememberance of their last meeting fill her heart once more.

"My business is nothing but an innocent quest for adventure." replied Inwe. "Rohan is the same old place, day, after day, after day. I longed so much to break free of it's grasp on me; to find life outside its walls, and to do what I have been brought up to do-fight.

Satisfied with the kiss, but Unsatisfied with his answer, Inwe asked "Aerandir, you have not yet answered my question? What are you doing in these parts?"

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Ten'oio ]
Old 03-02-2003, 07:58 PM   #731
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Champignonne knew all too well how Ellie felt, for she had felt the same when she first came. Alone, isolated, she knew the feelings so well. She looked at Ellie and shrugged her shoulders, as if to say, What can ya do? Tiquandel sensed her discomfort and sat beside her.

"Ah, Ellie, I am glad to meet you! What brings you here? Ah and I see you have met my new friend Champignonne. And there was another. Where was he?"
Old 03-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #732
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Sting

"Well, you know my past, Inwe, but do you remember?" Aerandir said, "I'm here at the Green Dragon because I wanted to rest here and check if everyone's doing what they are supposed to. I'm gaurding this area because I got word that some ruffians were wandering around right outside Bywater.

I'm in the Shire because I tracked some Uruks into the Old Forest, but when I got there, someone, or something had killed them all. I found some of them cut, some were killed with arrows I couldn't identify, and others were squashed or had terrible blows to the head. My guess it was an Ent or some Hobbits, but I couldn't tell.

How was your journey? What happened to you on the way here?"

Old 03-02-2003, 08:48 PM   #733
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Talendur inspected the small room that was given to him. The hobbit tending the bar said that the inn only had small rooms near the stables, but that would be better than Talendur had had for a while, so he agreed to occupy one. The room was more like a closet, furnished only with a small cot and an old wooden chair. He suspected that the room had been a closet that was converted to a "room" due to the Green Dragon's rescent popularity.

Talendur tested the cot and found it to be satisfactory, though it sagged a little in the middle. Then he left his cramped cell and went towards the front door, intent on retrieving his horse that was still tied out in the wood. As he came into view of the parlour once more, he recognized Aerandir and another ranger Phervasaion, as well as a pretty maiden that seemed to know Aerandir very well.

"Well, this is quite a congregation here," said Talendur with a laugh. "Hail Phervasaion, it is nice to see another good ranger in these parts. And who might this friend of yours be Aerandir?"

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Elfhelm ]
Old 03-02-2003, 09:15 PM   #734
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Cromthal smiled "Yes the Shire is beautiful. It reminds me of my home. Yes, Mithrandir, Gandalf and whatever other names he goes by. My people use his elvish name. He reminds me of my master. Not to pry, Rirrym, but I have heard he is not welcome in Gondor, or at least not he White City. Is that true?"

"Whoa hold it!" exclaimed Rirrym. "Cromthal, you are chatteriing a mile a minute. I can only keep track of so much at once."

Cromthal, naturally shy and easily embrassed, blushed so his white face turned bright red. "I am sorry." he said. " I have a tandency to do that when excited, my master used to scold me about it."
Old 03-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #735
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Eye

"Talendur! Back so soon?", Aerandir friendily said,"I didn't expect to see you until morning, but I guess I was disproved, as we rangers are light sleepers, even in the safe atmosphere of the Shire.

Talendur, I would like you to meet my love Inwe Fefalas. I thought that you knew her. She went with me on a few journeys to Mirkwood and Gondor and back again a while back. She is a Sheildmaiden of Rohan. Well, I guess since I've told you this much, I'll tell you about our meeting.

I was patrolling the borders of Fangorn about six years ago. It was night, the moon was shining and the stars were out; That is one of the best times to ride Luinaur, looking into his mane and seeing the stars. Anyway, I was riding him by Fangorn. When I got to the Entwash, I saw some torches off in the distance. They were small torches, just enough to see ten feet in front of the holder. They were going into Fangorn forest. Very suspicious that someone would be mad enough to step into that forest, I rode up to get a closer look.

As I thought, it was a band of Uruk-Hai gathering firewood. I stayed back, but got closer to see what they were up to, and if they were worth killing. I seemed to get a little too close.

Riding one of those magical elvish horses is a gift, but it can be the downfall to sneaking up on enemies. I got too close to the firelight, and there goes Luinaur, shining that wonderful blue I love so much; I love it more when it doesn't happen while I'm sneaking up on Uruk-Hai. Well, they saw me and started after me.

As they charged, they started falling. Somone in the shadow was shooting the Uruks down before they could get to me. Being a ranger, I charged at the Uruks also. Unsheathing my sword, Elenaur, which was glowing blue like my horse. I started fighting.

Because I'm a better swordsman on foot, I jumped off Luinaur and landed on an uruk which I easily killed. I still saw arrows whizzing by my head and striking Uruks behind me. I kept wondering who it was that was stealing my game. Then she rode out into the battle and drew her sword. She fought with expert skill and with my help, we killed the last of the Uruk-Hai.

After I caught my breath, I asked her who she was. She said to me, 'I am Inwe Fefalas, Sheildmaiden of the West Emnet of Rohan. My Lord, are you a ranger?'

We got accuainted and fell in love. We have been through alot together. Her past is very similar to mine, but I'll let her tell it on her own time."

Old 03-02-2003, 10:35 PM   #736
Ten'oio
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"I will never forget that night Aerandir." replied the shield maiden. "I doubt I would have lasted any longer without your help. But if you'll excuse me, my journey has been long and tiring.

"If I could but rest for a moment, I could better share with you my journeys, and the tales I've gathered along the way."

Inwe then left Aerandir and the rest of the kind company, but not before she tenderly kissed her love once more.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:51 PM   #737
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Shield

As Inwe walked away, Aerandir remembered and yelled,"Inwe! There are no more rooms left in the inn. Unless you want to sleep in the stables tonight, you can share my room with me. You've had a long journey and you should sleep in a bed. I can sleep on the floor or in the chair. I'm pretty used to it."

So, they went up to Aerandir's room and slept; Inwe in the bed, and Aerandir in the chair. Before Aerandir fell asleep, he smoked his pipe once more. Watching Inwe as she fell asleep, Aerandir thought to himself,"Coia naa quel."

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Aerandir Carnesir ]
Old 03-02-2003, 11:41 PM   #738
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"Ah, so that is Inwe," Talendur thought to himself. He had recalled occasions when Aerandir had spoken of her, but he had never met this shieldmaiden of Rohan until that night.

"You are lucky to have one such as her," remarked Talendur to Aerandir before he went off to bed. "Few rangers gain the opportunity to love."

This was very true, in the solitary life of the Dunedain, they do not often meet women suited to them. Women other than the daughters of the Kings of Arnor are not ususally found, save by chance or in battle. That is probably why there were fewer and fewer rangers in the Northlands, for many lived out their lives as bachelors. Talendur himself felt a desperate yearning for female companionship at that moment. But Talendur was young and fair of face, and he figured that someday he would meet the perfect woman for him.

After Aerandir and Inwe left, Talendur bid Phervasaion good night as he went out the front door. The air was cool and almost crisp in the late hours, and he took in a long breath. The stars were out, and Talendur admired them reverently. "It feels good to be alive," he thought.

Slowly Talendur made his way into the wood where his mare Caranuial, "Red Twilight"--named for the conditions when she was born--was tied. In a glade he found her grazing on the sparse grass.

"Come friend, tonight you will feast on barley and oats!" Talendur exclaimed. He untied Caranuial, the foal of his father's horse Nimroch and mounted her with one switft movement. Then he rode back down to the inn and safely secured his loyal steed in the stables, after making sure that she had had plenty to eat. Afterwards, he made his way back to his tiny, cramped room and curled up on the sagging cot. His last thoughts before sleep overtook him concerned the safety of Sulohtar, and finding a woman to love.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:38 AM   #739
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago hesitated at the bottom of the stairs, looking around at the inside of the inn. He quickly located Champignonne and Ellie, though there were two more seated at their table now, one of whom looked to be a big person. Drago hung back for an instant at this, but decided to ignore his worries and go over, anyway. He needed to speak to Ellie.

As he came closer, Drago noticed with slight relief that the big person was actually an Elf, and a rather pleasant-looking one, at that. He approached the table from behind, coming to stand beside the Elf and Champignonne, looking across the table at Ellie and the other new hobbit.

"Ellie," Drago said softly as she looked up. "I'm sorry. Might I talk to you for a moment?"
Old 03-03-2003, 12:26 PM   #740
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The new arrivals seemed to have changed the atmosphere of the table. Ellie looked around nervously, for once not wanting to talk. Champignonne's friend addressed her, bur distracted, Ellie did not hear. Drago had just walked in throught the door of the Common Room.

I'm so glad he's back! was her first thought. Then, remembering what he had said, she turned away. But, I want someone friendly to talk to! she thought, turning back.

"Ellie, I'm sorry. Might I talk to you for a moment?" said Drago quietly. He looked upset, or worried, Ellie wasn't sure. Say no! said her pride, but there wasn't really any competition.
"You might" she answered, her eyes firmly on the floor.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-03-2003, 02:28 PM   #741
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

Astarielle listened intently to what Malcu was saying, she then replied,"Then we are akin for I have wondered far and wide, travelled with many people but never knowing where I will go next or what situation i will be in. As my moto says 'I know exactly where i have been but never where I will go, for I travel on the wings' of angels.' I believe in many things but none more so than that of destiny. There is a reason for everything we just can't see it, and only when that thing has gone do we realise what we have lost."

Astarielle, sensing gloom growing in Malcu, lightened the situation. "You have journeyed far, sit down and rest your weary feet, though no doubt they are not as weary as your heart. Come," she said invitingly, "Have a pint. The ale here is one of the best i have come accross."

Having ordered the ale Astarielle sat back down and took a long sip.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM   #742
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

SAVED for reworked post

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-03-2003, 03:03 PM   #743
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Meanwhile Phervasaion was glad to see see his friends Talendur and Aerandir even though he did not speak much to them.

After he finished his pint he was about to leave, but Phervasaion wanted to speak to either Aerandir or Talendur again as he also wanted to travel with them to Bree for he has not traveled with companions for a long time.

He hopped he would beable to talk to one of them befor they left. Phervasaion then left and walked into the woods where his life was lived.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:41 PM   #744
Elfhelm
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Talendur tossed and turned on his sagging cot for many hours before he awoke with a start after a nightmarish dream. He sat up for a while and waited for his heart to slow. There were many things on his mind that could be the root of his bad dreams. He decided that a quiet walk in the woods would put his mind to rest and quell his temporary fears.

For the third time that night, Talendur past through the parlour. It was less crowded than earlier, but many of the faces he had seen when he first arrived were still there talking and drinking. As soon as he had exited the inn, Talendur again began to become relaxed. For the time he strolled around the woods nearby, Talendur was in touch with all of the beauties of the night and nature. He listened to the breeze that softly blew through the treetops, looked up at the majestic stars and again enjoyed taking in breaths of the fresh air. His momentary concerns were forgotten as he walked through the forest.

As Talendur approached the clearing where he had tied Caranuial, he became aware of another presence. He entered the glade, and found Phervasaion still awake, keeping watch with his back against a tree.

"Well, we meet again this night Phervasaion" Talendur remarked casually. "Since you are awake, I wouldn't mind hearing of your experiences since the last time we've met. I believe I forgot to ask for them a few hours ago."
Old 03-03-2003, 10:06 PM   #745
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Bandy bounced up and down on the bed. "This bed is better than the one at home, Mummy!" he screamed with delight.

"Now, Bandy," said Dinodas, hiding a smile. "You know you're not supposed to bounce on beds."

"But that's only at home," said Bandy.

"Well, from now on, it's everywhere," said Robin firmly, tucking her daughter into bed. "Go to sleep now."

Soon the three children were all fast asleep. Robin took her husband's hand. "Do you think it's all right to leave them alone?" she asked. "I want to go downstairs and sit for awhile, just like we used to do in old times."

"They'll be fine."

"I can watch them," someone said from the door.

Both Robin and Dinodas whirled around and saw a hobbit girl standing at the door, her large brown eyes full of hope and her curls falling in wild tangles down her back.

"I love children," said the girl wistfully. "I used to have a twin but he's gone now. My parents died so we got split up."

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Robin, stepping forward. "I would love for you to watch the children, but wouldn't whoever is watching after you get worried when you're missing."

"Rie's abandoned me for some man," said the girl furiously, and Robin and Dinodas exchanged a look.

"I'm sure she hasn't abandoned you for good, darling," said Robin.

"Do you know Rie?"

"No, to tell the truth, I do not."

"Then don't talk like you do. Can I watch the children?"

"Of course," said Robin. "We'll find Rie soon enough for you. What does she look like?"

"She has red hair," said the girl after a pause. "But that's all I know."

Robin and Dinodas went to the common room, hand in hand. As they stepped in, Robin whispered, "Don't forget to look for a woman with red hair."
Old 03-03-2003, 10:57 PM   #746
Ten'oio
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Meanwhile, Aerandir and Inwe were also enjoying the beauty of the night. Hand in hand, they roamed the woods quietly sharing their journeys since their last meeting.

As they made their way through the woods, Inwe stole a glimpse of the heavans, and a thousand precious jewels seemed to smile down upon her through the tree-tops. Finding comfort in a gentle breeze, she felt her heart was finally at peace.

After returning to the Inn, the two companions headed to Aerandir's room for another restful night's sleep.
Inwe slept in the bed again, as Aerandir found rest in the chair. Inwe fell asleep dreaming of her love...and of course, the adventures to come.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:00 AM   #747
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A woman dressed in grey rode up on a beautiful white mare. From afar her robes seemed simple and yet when looked at closely, intricate embroidery covered the material. Her hair was long and dark and glistened in the moonlight. She was not one that would be called fair but she had strength and courage which shone through her eyes.

The Green Dragon inn was up the path and she continued to ride towards it. She tied her horse near the entrance, not sure where she should put her. She pushed open the door nervously and was surprised by the variety of people inside. She walked up to the bar and asked for a drink. She was alone in a strange place and felt very out of place, hopefully she would find some one to talk to.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:46 AM   #748
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn quickly had sat down at the table. And looked at the occupants in wonder. "my name is Aeryn, daughter of Umbria, i am from Gondor, and yes, I am half elven." she said.

"May I ask your names? I have never ever met any hobbits like I said. I really would like to hear about the Shire." She neatly folded her travell worn cloak and put it on her lap and attempted to smoothe her White hair. "im such a mess." she remarked quickly.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-04-2003, 03:56 AM   #749
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Mayla walked smoothly down the stairs and headed towards the counter. She paid for the room and thanked the innkeeper. "Here both my body and my soul have recovered. I praise you for that. Here is something you might find useful." Having said that Mayla handed the innkeeper a small pouch. "Crush a couple of leaves and mix them with boiling water. This compound will heal any wound that gods wish to be healed."

The hobbit behind the counter accepted her present with gratitude. Mayla turned around and walked to the door. She still didn't know exactly what was to come but the despair was gone and she would face the difficulties of her road without hesitation. Her hair reflected the gold of the morning sun as she opened the door and walked out.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:36 PM   #750
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Back in the woods Phervasaion Got up to greet Talendur

" Ah Talendur" said Phervasaion pleaseingly
"well since our last meeting not much has gone on in my life, i have been traveling as usual from gondor to Rohan and from Rohan to here."

Phervasaion sighed and said "It has been a long time since i have seen some of my own kindred so i am glad to see you and Aerandir here. It has also been a long time since i travelled in company."

"Eirlier i heard you and Aerandir talking about travelling to Bree together am i right?"

"Yes we will be leaving here soon to head for Bree," replied Talendur.

"well if it is not to much of a burden then perhaps you would allow me to travel to Bree with you? I would gladly meet up with you there if you did not want me to"

"come, lets head back to the inn and we can discuss things there," said Talendur

With these words Talendur and Phervasaion started to make their way back to the inn.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:30 PM   #751
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Pipe

Aerandir was unable to sleep. He was having bad dreams about his mother. He dreamed that she was walking through Mirkwood. Unwarned she fell into the enchanted river and was put under the spell. Aerandir then dreamed that he went into Mirkwood to find his mother, and found her wrapped in an evil spider's silky coffin. Before he could get to her and cut her loose, a great spider dropped down from the canopy of the forest and wrapped him up to his neck. He then saw another spider approach his mother. Just as the killing fangs would have pierced her neck, Aerandir woke; Wrapped up in his cloak.

Leaving Inwe to rest in the bed, Aerandir went downstairs to have a drink. He got his ale and went over to the table were Talendur and Phervasaion were seated. "Quel undome" he said,"I couldn't sleep. How are you two doing this late at night?"
Old 03-04-2003, 05:31 PM   #752
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Aerandir!" Pervasaion yelled as he saw the Ranger. "Talendur and i could not sleep eisily, we were talking about what has been going on in our lives since we last met."

Phervasaion offerd Aerandir a chair and they all sat down and had a drink together.
"well," started Phervasion "i was just asking Talendur here if he would allow me to journey with you to Bree, is that ok? If i am to much of a burden for you then i will stay behind," with this Phervasaion took a sip of his ale hoping Aerandir and Talendur would say it was ok for his company.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:43 PM   #753
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Sting

"Well Phervasaion," Aerandir said,"I don't mind at all. Talendur's the leader on this one, so If it's ok with him, we would'nt mind at all if you came along with us.

By the way Talendur, Inwe wants to accompany us to Bree also. Like I said in my story before, she is very skilled with a bow and sword. She wouldn't be a burden at all. I think that she would help us greatly if she came." Aerandir then sat back, lit his pipe, and listened to the conversations around him.

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: Aerandir Carnesir ]
Old 03-04-2003, 06:48 PM   #754
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel came down from her room. It was no use: she could not rest. No matter how she tried, she could not keep her mind on a solitary thought. Her thoughts wandered not only to beautiful fields, but to battles far off and other physical exertions. This inability to concentrate only haunted her when she had not exercised for a while. Menelduliniel looked, lamenting that it was evening. She wished she could run in the fields, but, these days, even in such an area as the Shire, Menelduliniel was wary of solitary night wanderings and avoided them when she could.

Menelduliniel sighed and looked around her. There was not a lot going on now, as it seemed that many had turned in for the night. Also, it seemed that everyone that remained was engrossed in conversation already. Out of the corner of her eye, however, Menelduliniel saw a man sitting alone, looking fairly resigned. Menelduliniel crossed over to the man.

"Suilad," Menelduliniel greeted in a friendly voice, sitting in a chair beside the big man, "What are you called?"

"I am Barak," Barak said, somewhat warily, "And yourself?"

"I am Menelduliniel," the Elf said, smiling, and extending her hand. Barak shook her hand.

Menelduliniel stayed in her seat and extracted conversation with the silent man, happy that she had something to do to occupy her mind in the long hours until she could even ponder resting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Estelarion, noting Menelduliniel's departure, lay quietly in the dark for a while. His mind, too, was busy, but pondering what they should do next. They could begin a trip down south, but he did not know whether he felt like dealing with obstacles they would face on the way down in these dangerous times.

Finally, Estelarion could not stand the silence in the room either. He got up and silently slipped down the stairs. He saw Menelduliniel chatting with some man, looking foolishly happy. Estelarion sighed and went to the bar. He ordered an ale and made conversation with the bartender, asking about the area and the like, trying to keep himself occupied whilst his companion was busy with her new friend.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:53 PM   #755
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

A tall, dark-haired boy slipped into the inn. The boy was young, maybe fourteen, and he was dressed all in brown except for a long cloak of mottled grey. He stood in the doorway for a moment, his slate-colored eyes darting and shifting, seeming almost to change hue, as he took in the scene.

There was food, and the place was warm and dry. Perhaps there was a place for him to sleep, and... No, it was crowded, too crowded. He turned to leave.

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-04-2003, 09:46 PM   #756
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio stood behind the bar, polishing the last of the cider glasses. The cool, influx of air from the opend door was refreshing, and she glanced up with a smile to see who had entered the Inn.

Another young boy, this one dressed in a cloak of mottled grey, stood on the threshold, hesitant to enter any further. Desire and reluctance warred within the features of his face, and reluctance winning, he turned to leave.

Laying her cloth aside, the Innkeeper walked quickly after him, catching him just at the bottom of the steps.

'The stable is warm and dry, young sir. And no one but my horse and a few Shire ponies will be sharing it with you. Night is upon us. Will you not at least accept their hospitality, if you cannot accept that of the Inn itself.'

She bowed her head slightly to him. 'My name is Piosenniel, or Pio, if you prefer. Say but the word and I will have some food and drink brought out to you.'
Old 03-04-2003, 10:19 PM   #757
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

“You are very kind, miss,” said the boy. He did not give his name, though his manner indicated that he would like to say more, had he but the courage.

“That would be just to my liking,” he continued, looking uneasily about. “Only, I have no money.”

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:57 PM   #758
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

'This one will take time and patience.' she thought to herself. She eyed him as he stood before her.

'You look healthy enough.' she said. 'Can you help Hob when he comes to the stable tomorrow?' she saw his hesitant look again. 'He's our stable master, and he's always in need of some one to do odd jobs around the yard and stalls.' 'He'll fix you up with something to do to work off your room and board..'

She walked with him to the stable. 'There are some clean blankets there in the corner, and the loft is full of sweet, fresh hay.' She pointed out the ladder to him.

'Now you can either come in and have some supper and drink in the Inn, or I can send Buttercup out with a basket and a skin of cider.' She handed him two of the clean blankets. 'Which do you prefer?'

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-05-2003, 06:55 AM   #759
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

Elhor (for that was the boys name) again hesitated. He looked all around, examining the stable, and the Elf.

"I...I'll come in, if you don't mind. But don't wait for me; I'll come later."

He sat down then, as if exhausted, right where he was. In only a moment he fell into deep, dreamless sleep.

[ March 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 03-05-2003, 12:32 PM   #760
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym smiled kindly in return to Cromthal. "Not to worry... I'm pretty slow, though, so it sometimes takes me a while to take in a lot of information. I grew up on a farm, where life was pretty slow, and we didn't necessarily have people switching conversation topics quite as fast."

"You asked whether Gandalf is welcome in the White City. I've never actually travelled there, but from what I've heard he's generally not welcome there. It is said that bad things tend to follow closely on his heels, but I guess the same could be said of me." Rym let out a soft sigh before continuing.

"You said he reminded you of your master... What was he like?" Rirrym asked as he settled down in the rocking chair.